+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Undecided (PG-13 to NC-17 )

Nice beginning...keep at it! Especially if you add more of Clark puppy dogging Chloe and her having none of it. *grins*

A/N: Thank you to those who R&R-ed

Undecided

By S. Ann Smith

Chapter two: So Much for Solitude

“Safe at last.” Chloe smiled to herself and crept into the Torch office. She carefully peered around the corners to check for anyone, anyone at all who wished to make her day worse. She jumped when the bell rang. “Chloe.” ‘So much for some alone time.’

“No Pete.”

“Chloe,” his voice pleaded, “I need you to forgive Clark.”

“No.” Chloe stood up, and walked around him as if he was asking for a bite of chocolate.

“Why not?”

“Did he tell you what he did?-No, I don’t want to know.” Chloe turned and abruptly sat at her computer desk, she stared a blank stare at her computer. ‘I need a new background.’ She decided and went about doing that.

“Chloe, you didn’t answer me.”

“No, I did, it just wasn’t what you wanted to hear.”

“You got me there.” Pete said backing towards the door. ‘That’s just too easy.’

“Pete, I’ve known you for too long. You can't lie to me. Clark tells you everything.” Chloe looked up at him.

“Yeah, so?” Pete said with his ‘get-to-the-point’ face. ‘I hate that face.’

“So why should I? You know him well enough. Give me a reason-a *good* reason.”

“Ah-well- he-he- loves you?” ‘Oh how convincing.’

“No, he loves Lana. And I’m over him.”

Pete rolled his eyes. “What if he doesn’t love Lana anymore?” Bam! The question hit her like a bullet.

“Then he sure as hell better not ruin my life. I’ve done my pining Pete, and mop-head's too dense. I doubt he's over the girl he’s been ... ‘dreaming’ about since before he hit puberty.” She looked him in the eye so he caught the hidden meaning.

“You don’t know that for sure.”

“Oh and you do?”

“You just said I did.” ‘Shit!’ Pete brought her prior words up to haunt her.

“You know what Pete, I just realized something.” She said, a slight smirk crawling across her face.

“And what is that?”

“You have Math.” Pete turned slightly pale. “And, you’re,” she checked her watch, “oh - ten minutes late.”

“Shit!” Pete said running to the door. “I’m not done talking to you Chloe.” Pete ran out of the room.

Chloe looked down at her feet. Pete forgot his backpack. Chloe smiled to herself. ‘He’ll be back soon.’

She heard footsteps behind her and without turning around she said, “I knew you’d be back.”

“Really, Miss Sullivan, I hardly thought that I was that predictable.” The overly cynical voice of Lionel Luthor stated.

“Mr. Luthor, what are you doing here?” She spun around to face the ultimate evil, and her quasi-employer.

“Can I not come by and see my favourite up-and-coming journalist?”

“No, you can, it’s just I have to be getting out and research my next story.” ‘Bastard! Could my day get any worse?’

“And what might that be?”

“It’s on the obliviousness of the male species during football season for the Torch. I’m going to interview - people.” She made a silent prayer to the Journalistic Gods that he wouldn’t catch her lie. He would only make her life worse, if that was possible.

“How ... Intriguing.” He turns to the door. “Then I shall leave you be, so you can finish with this ... cotton candy story, and work on the important ones.” He waved his gloved hand over his shoulder as he walked out the door.

‘Does he think I have nothing better to do? Those stories are just as important to me.’ She stormed around her office in sheer frustration.

She froze at the sound of expensive Italian leather shoes.

“I’m just about to leave.” Chloe said grabbing her coat off of the chair. She turned towards the door to face the smirking bald head of Lex Luthor. She really needed to learn to look before she spoke.

“Darn.” He held out a Talon to-go tray. “Not even for coffee?”

Chloe smiled. “How can I resist. She reached over to him and grabbed the heavier of the two grande cups Greedily she took the first sip. She moaned in delight. “How I’ve missed you coffee.” She said, a soft, distant smile on her face.

Lex cleared his throat. “Aren’t you supposed to be going somewhere?” He felt slightly uncomfortable after seeing that she treated the coffee in such a caring fashion. ‘That should be me.’ He thought to himself.

“That’s what I told you father,” she took a sip, “so he’d leave me alone.” She sat on the cold table top in front of him.

“My father came to see you?” His eyebrows first raised in shock, then, knitted together in worry. ‘What was his ulterior motive this time?’ Lex wondered.

The hardest thing for the young man to figure out wasn’t women, it was one woman. Most of the women that flocked to him all wanted one thing: his money. Well, most women except for Chloe Sullivan. Chloe was one in a million, not that he would let her know that, and obviously his father had seen it as well. His father’s plans, as sinister as they were, always made sense to Lex, except for his deal with Chloe. That could be because Lex didn’t know the entirety of his father’s deal with the young reporter, or what had led her to the dark side.

“Yeah.” Chloe looked away almost shamefully.

“What did he have to say?” ‘What is he up to?’

“He wanted to see if I was finished my next article for the Planet.” She wasn’t lying to him but why did she feel like she was. ‘Damn him and his stunning blue eyes.’

“And you told him you were leaving?” His eyebrow rose questioning her in a curious fashion.

“I don’t want to lie to him, Lex.” She looked down before she spoke again, “he could hurt my dad, and ,” her almost teary eyes met his blue orbs, “I don’t want that.”

“You don’t have to lie to my father. Let me take you out for lunch. Have you eaten?”

“I, uh, have this coffee.” She held up the cup of coffee Lex had brought her.

“I just brought you that. Come on, I’m taking you somewhere for some real food.” Lex led her towards the door.

“My coat.” Chloe turned and grabbed her once discarded coat and purse.

‘This is going to be interesting.’ Chloe and Lex thought to themselves as they headed towards the door.

Spunky Chick Senior Member hfce's Avatar
    Great :clap: loved it more please.....

Hope :chlexsign2:
    "Everyone seems normal until you get to know them. "

Oh, you tease! Give us some more.

*pleads*

katspell
    Just a Guest!
    :eyebrows: Is it wrong that I love Lex's eyebrows???

more, please.

PHD in Procrastination Senior Member vardaquareien's Avatar
    Oh This IS going to be interesting!!! Great start! I can't wait to see where this is gonna go!

Great chapter. The Lionel/Chloe stuff has me very worried for Chloe. But I loved the Chlex interaction, I can't wait to see what they get up to! Please update soon!

NS Senior Member Senior Member autumngold's Avatar
    Lex and Chloe are right, I bet their lunch will be very interesting!! Thanks for the Chlexyness!! I can't wait to find out what's going to happen next!! :chlexsign2:

scifichick774
    Just a Guest!
    Ooh, lunch. Ripe with possibilities. Looking forward to more.

NS Full Member
    You know it’s really not nice to tease your audience. *frowns disapprovingly* I can’t believe you left us hanging again. Especially with the suggestion of interesting Chlex goings-on up ahead. *goes off to pout until the next update*

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information