+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Dangerous Game (PG-13) (complete)

Sugar&Spice of the gutter Senior Member Queen Of Tact's Avatar
    It was cool to read Lex's point of view.. This is a nice story and I can't wait to read more...
    Please post again soon...

CC
    "I am scared that I'm always going to be somebody's friend or sister or confidant, but never quite somebody's everything."

demoness
    Nice, the whole night in Lex's POV, but I want to know already what movie they are going to watch! Update soon please.

Tandy :

Angel undercover!
    This was simply amazing, I love your idea to write the same story first from Chloe's and than from Lex' pov. And I liked Mr Rumsfeld telling Lex to "hold on to this one", Lex should really take his advice seriously.
    But pleeeease, can't you post the next part soon, cause *grrr* I *want* to know what movie Chloe wants to watch.

bored and dangerous Senior Member sabby's Avatar
    Sittin by the side of the road in the middle of nowhere...
    what is it that makes me read the first chapters over and over and over...... :biggrin:

you already know I love it and will keep on buggin' you with continuing it and 'you know what' so I'm expecting the next part as soon as possible

hugs,

Sabby

SPOILER ALERT: for 'Lineage' and 'Crush'.

A/N: Before anyone gets on my case, I have a small disclaimer. I don’t live in Denver so I don’t know what the weather is actually like there, but I do live in Kansas, and I swear that one year we had a random snowstorm in October that actually got us out of school for a few days. So a snowstorm in October is possible, if not likely. In any case, it’s my story, I’ll do what I want. One more thing. WARNING: the beginning of this chapter contains a slightly upped angst level. I know, I know, but I didn’t have any choice in the matter—it had to happen. Ok, now that that’s out of the way, on to the final chapter.

HYDE/LUCY:
    No one speaks -
    Not one word -
    But what words are in our eyes
    (ALTERNATING)

LUCY:
    Silence speaks –

HYDE:
    Silence speaks –

LUCY:
    Loud and clear –

HYDE:
    Loud and clear!

HYDE/LUCY:
    All the words we (don't) want to hear!

The purr of the idling motor enveloped the two of them as they sat steeped in the quiet that had permeated the last part of their drive. Neither moved for a moment, trying to gauge the other’s mood. Chloe was wondering if Lex would still be willing to come inside; Lex was hoping that she would still be willing to let him. Determined to grant her birthday request if she still wanted him to, Lex shut off the car and finally spoke, shattering the silence.

“Ok, we’re here. Are you going to tell me what we’re watching now?”

Chloe was surprised at his question, but her delight that he was staying instead driving off as quickly as he could swiftly took over. She grinned at him.

“Nope. You’ll just have to wait and see.”

“Tease,” Lex replied, testing the waters. To his delight, Chloe’s grin widened, a mischievous twinkle in her eyes.

“Damn straight.”

She turned to exit the car, and by the time she had the door open and her feet outside, Lex was there with a hand to help her out. ‘How does he do that?’ she wondered to herself. His hand was warm and smooth around hers, strong as he pulled her up from her seat. They both pretended not to notice when their hands stayed clasped together as they walked to the front door, but Chloe needed both hands to take her key from her purse; so, again without acknowledgement, they let go of each other. Inside, Chloe was about to tell Lex to just throw his coat anywhere when she felt him behind her.

“You’re blinking.”

He was so close she could almost feel his chest against her back, could actually feel the vibrations from the low rumble of his voice. Caught up in the sensations, it took her a moment to process what he had said. When the words finally registered, she turned to face him and found her face inches away from his chest. Her eyes lifted to his, puzzled and a bit flustered; with a smug tilt to his lips that was sexier than she cared to admit, he tilted his head to the right and glanced behind her. She glanced over and saw that the new-message light on the answering machine was flashing. Blinking, right. Of course. With what she hoped was a convincing air of nonchalance, she stepped over to the machine, not bothering to glance at Lex as she called over her shoulder.

“Wipe that smug look off your face, Luthor.”

She heard his low chuckle right before she pressed the playback button. A loud beep sounded, and then her father’s voice filled the entryway.

“Hey sweetheart, it’s Dad. I’m just calling to wish you a happy birthday. I’m sorry I couldn’t catch the flight back that Mr. Luthor planned. A snowstorm—well it’s closer to a blizzard, actually—just hit here last night and every single flight out was grounded, and the controllers made it very clear that that included Lex’s jet. I talked to Lex this morning, and he said he was going to take you out tonight to try to make up for it, so I guess that’s where you are.” Chloe could tell he was trying not to sound nervous at the thought of Lex Luthor taking his seventeen-year-old daughter out for the night. “Anyway, I hope you’re having fun. Happy birthday, sweetie. I’ll call you tomorrow. Love you. Bye.”

Another beep signaled the end of the message, and Chloe turned slowly to Lex, her eyes wide and disbelieving.

“You were going to fly my dad back for me?” Her voice was low, almost a whisper. Lex shifted, looking slightly uncomfortable.

“Like I said, I didn’t want you to be alone on your birth—” He cut off as Chloe’s arms encircled him, her cheek pressed against his chest in a warm hug. Caught off guard, it took a moment for Lex to respond. A second later, however, his arms wrapped around her and held her close, his face near her hair. He refused to close his eyes, no matter how much he wanted to, no matter how good it felt to have her holding him like this. With his eyes open he still had a chance of holding onto his sanity.

“Wow. I’d be doing a good deed every day if this was the reaction I always got,” he joked. She laughed self-consciously and leaned back to look up at him. For a split second, their faces were inches apart; their gazes locked and Chloe’s breath caught before she started backing away.

“Well . . . I’ll just be a few minutes. Make yourself at home . . . living room’s through there . . . be right back.”

With that she darted up the stairs, leaving Lex standing in the entryway. He pulled a hand over his face and walked into the living room. What the hell was he doing? Not five minutes ago he had resolved not to get too close to her, and the first chance he got he was nearly pressed up against her, wanting to see her shiver at his voice again. And then there had been that hug. He hadn’t meant for her to find out about his plans for her father, but he had to admit that her reaction had been worth his original discomfort at the revelation. Lex couldn’t remember the last time he had been genuinely hugged like that—an extension of emotion with no hidden agenda behind it.

It would have been so easy to lean down and taste her when she raised her face to his, but he couldn’t afford to give in to that temptation. He had learned at great cost last year how dangerous it was to let himself be ruled by passion, and with his father snooping around lately Lex couldn’t afford to have any lapses in his self-control. Perhaps he should just leave now before he lost what little restraint he had left.

His spine stiffened at the thought. Damn it, he was a Luthor, and Luthors did not run away from challenges. Added on to that determination was the plain and simple fact that he liked spending time with Chloe. He enjoyed her snark, her wit, the life that she filled a room with. Few other people would dare to argue with him like she would; although he might deny it at times, he wanted someone around who would treat him like a normal person, with no regard for his name or his money. He truly wanted to be her friend, and a friend wouldn’t run off after he had made a promise to stay.

‘I’ll just have to remember that she’s only a friend, not . . . well, whatever it is I’m thinking of her as now. No more of this quasi-seduction—stop the suggestive looks, stop the innuendo.’ He thought of the way she looked when she blushed.

‘Well . . . maybe just back off a little,’ he amended.

Satisfied with his conclusion, he took off his coat and draped it over a large, squat armchair before strolling around the room. A photo perched at the back of the mantel caught his eye, and he stepped over to examine it. His brow creasing with curiosity, he picked it up for a closer look.

Chloe slipped out of her dress and hung it carefully in her closet. Her shoes were already off, and while she would miss the added height, she was looking forward to trading the three-inch heels for a pair of thick, comfortable socks. A few minutes later she was dressed comfortably in a pair of striped pajama pants and a gray sweatshirt with the red Met U emblem on the front, the aforementioned socks covering her feet. One by one she removed the bobby pins from her hair until it once more fell in stubbornly flipping strands around her face. Looking in the mirror she ran her fingers through it, trying to tame it a bit.

She took a deep breath, staring into the eyes of her reflection. What had happened downstairs? She hadn’t meant to hug him. But knowing that he had tried to get her dad back for her birthday, that he had realized how much it would mean for her to have him here with her, had overwhelmed her intentions. She had reacted as she would with any of her friends if they had done something so thoughtful; and that’s what Lex was now—a friend. Except that holding him, being held by him, had caused some very non-friend-like thoughts to run through her mind. Her teeth worried at her bottom lip. Maybe this movie thing wasn’t such a good idea. The conditions that she insisted on would call for extended testing of her restraint, and . . . to hell with this vacillating crap.

‘Come on, Chloe. You have a ton of willpower, you just have to remember to use it. Lex is a friend. Friend. And you know you enjoy spending time with him, as bizarre as that is to admit. So you find him attractive. So what? Go down there and have fun with your friend.’ Chloe finished up her mental pep talk with a decisive nod of her head and left her room, careful not to make too much noise. She padded quietly down the stairs and stepped into the living room before she spoke.

“Lana’s asleep, so we can’t make too much noi—” She cut off when Lex turned and she saw the frame that he had in his hands. He caught her reaction and looked at the photo again.

“She’s pretty,” he told her, the unspoken question clear in his voice. Chloe nodded mutely and walked over to him.

“She’s my mother.” He glanced at her, then the picture. The resemblance was clear—the smile was the same, and Chloe’s sparkling eyes gazed up from this stranger’s face. He handed the frame to her; instead of placing it back on the mantel as he expected, though, she moved over to the couch and sat down, her eyes tracing the face of the mother she hadn’t seen in years.

“I don’t even know why my dad kept this picture—I’ve never quite had the courage to ask him,” she said suddenly. He moved to sit beside her; she looked at him and tried to smile, then looked back at the picture. She paused a moment more. “She just . . . left. I went to bed one night and when I woke up in the morning she was gone. She didn’t tell me why she was leaving, or where she was going . . .” Chloe tried her best to keep the tears out of her voice, “she didn’t even say goodbye.” Despite her best efforts, a tear broke free and slipped down her cheek. “For the longest time I thought it was my fault—that maybe if I had just been a little better she never would have left. I still don’t know for sure that it wasn’t my fault; but I know it doesn’t matter. She’s gone. She left, and she’s not coming back.”

Chloe sat still for a moment, embarrassed. She hadn’t meant to tell him all of that, but looking down at her mother’s smiling face, it had all just come out. Just as she was about to apologize for dumping all over him, Lex spoke up.

“I had a nanny for several years.” His voice was quiet, and when she glanced at him she saw that his eyes were focused on the carpet a few feet in front of him. “Pamela cared for me when my mother’s health started failing and my father was too busy with business to spend time with his son. She was like a second mother to me—she was there for me when my own mother became too weak to do more than talk to me for five minutes at a time. She made me feel like a human being when my father was trying to mold me into a Luthor. And then, right after my mother’s death, she left. Not a word to me, just left and stayed away until she was dying herself.”

He smirked then, a self-deprecating expression that tore at Chloe’s heart.

“My father told me how my mother had left her a large inheritance in stock, let me think that this woman who had treated me like her own son had only done so for the money. I finally learned the truth when she came back, but by then I had spent nine years believing she had abandoned and betrayed me.” He finally met her gaze, and though his eyes were dry she saw, for the first time, the unchecked emotion that was shining there. “I know. It’s hard for us to trust people not to let us down when we’ve been led to believe that we’re not good enough to love.” A small smile spread across Chloe’s face.

“So I guess we’re kindred spirits—just a couple of sad, lost souls. What are we going to do with ourselves, Lex?”

“Well,” Lex said, pretending to be deep in thought. “We could always watch that movie . . . if one of us lost souls would tell the other what the hell it is.”

Chloe’s smile grew to a grin, and without a word she stood, replaced the photo on the mantel, and sailed through the doorway. Lex just sighed resignedly and followed her. He caught up with her in the kitchen and watched as she moved around the room, taking out a skillet, oil, and a jar of popcorn kernels. In these clothes she was more recognizable as the Chloe he was familiar with. Even so, with her casual clothes and flipped out hair combined with the elegant makeup she had yet to take off, Lex still, somehow, found her just as enticing. He shook off the feeling before his thoughts could progress too far in that direction.

Chloe could feel his eyes on her, watching her prepare the popcorn. She glanced back and shot him a grin over her shoulder.

“One of the movie conditions,” she answered to his questioning look. He nodded.

“Well, of course. You’d want to have popcorn while you watch a . . . comedy?”

“Nice try, Luthor,” she smirked. “No hints.” He sighed in mock exasperation and gestured to the snack she was preparing.

“Are you sure this won’t wake Lana up?”

“Oh yeah,” Chloe answered easily. “She’s used to me and my late-night popcorn cravings by now. She’ll sleep right through it.” The popcorn started to pop and she waved Lex over with her head. “Here, keep an eye on this.” A bit lost, Lex stepped over and let her guide his hands to the handle of the skillet and the lid that kept the popping kernels from flying everywhere. Chloe chuckled at him and moved to the refrigerator. She grabbed butter and scooped a hefty portion into a bowl, then popped it into the microwave to melt.

“Condition number one of a Chloe movie night,” she explained. “Popcorn with lots of butter and lots of salt. The worse it is for you, the better.” Lex glanced at the liquefying butter.

“Well, then, this ought to be phenomenal,” he teased, earning him a light slap to the arm.

The popcorn was soon done, tossed with the butter and salt before being dumped into a wooden bowl. Lex tried to grab some paper napkins sitting on the counter, but Chloe stopped him and dragged him back to the living room.

“Nope, no napkins. You have to lick your fingers clean, otherwise it’s no fun.”

This was going to kill him. If he had to sit there and watch her sucking butter and salt off of her fingers . . . he’d be a dead man before the night was over. ‘You don’t have to watch,’ he reasoned with himself. ‘Just pay attention to the movie and don’t look at her.’ However, just because a solution is reasonable, doesn’t mean it’s plausible.

Meanwhile Chloe had moved to the VCR and put in a tape, making sure that Lex didn’t see the label. She punched the power button on the TV and a solid blue screen gradually appeared. ‘Ok, Chloe,’ she thought to herself. ‘Time for the big one. You’re not going to get an answer either way unless you ask him, so just do it.’ With those thoughts running through her mind, she set the bowl down on the coffee table and tugged out the blanket that was folded underneath. Lex raised his eyebrows at her and glanced down at her sweats.

“Don’t tell me you’re cold.” Chloe took a deep breath.

“No,” she replied, trying to keep her voice light. “It’s condition number two of a Chloe movie night.”

“Which is . . .?” Lex prompted her when she didn’t continue. Chloe bit her lip.

“Snuggling,” she said in a small, hopeful voice.

‘Oh lord,’ Lex thought. ‘Friend, she’s just a friend. This is a friend kind of thing to do.’

“And just what exactly is involved in this snuggling?” he asked, his voice wary. Taking that as a sign of acceptance, Chloe grinned and pointed at the end of the couch.

“You sit there,” she instructed. When he did, she sat next to him and curled her legs up loosely beside her. She arranged the blanket and grabbed the popcorn and remote, then leaned back against his chest. He turned towards her, settling her in more deeply, and wrapped an arm around her shoulder to rest on hers. Chloe settled the popcorn in between them and swiveled her head to grin at Lex.

“There. You’re a natural, Lex.”

“Well, I have a good instructor. How often do you have these Chloe movie nights?” he asked, fighting against an irrational surge of hostility at the thought of anyone else holding her like this.

“Oh, as often as I can con someone into it.” She picked up the remote again. “Ok, Lex, moment of truth. Are you sure you’re going to live up to your promise?” The vibration of his chuckle was a pleasantly soothing feeling against her back.

“I’m sure. Now start the movie already, the suspense is killing me.”

“All right then. No trying to escape.”

“I knew there was an ulterior motive to the snuggling. Trying to trap me, Chloe?”

“Damn, you figured me out,” she chuckled. “Now shut up and watch the movie.” And with that, she pressed the PLAY button on the remote. The VCR whirred to life, and a split second later they were being led through an animated forest as haunting music filtered through the air.

“What is this?” Lex asked. Chloe turned to him, genuinely shocked.

“What is this? What is this?? Are you honestly going to tell me you’ve never seen ‘Beauty & the Beast’ before?”

“’Beauty & the Beast?’” Lex didn’t even try to keep the amusement out of his voice. He continued laughing even as she tried to elbow him in the side. “Your big secret movie was ‘Beauty & the Beast’?”

“Shut up! It’s a classic,” she huffed.

“Right up there with Citizen Kane and Casablanca,” he said with mock seriousness. Chloe sighed in frustration.

“Ok, first off, a Disney movie is the third and final element of a perfect movie night. Now, explain to me exactly how you’ve made it through life without ever having seen this movie.” She punched the pause button and looked at him, waiting for him to speak.

“Well, Chloe, I’ve never exactly been the Disney movie type,” he said condescendingly, speaking as if she were a young, slightly slow child.

Everyone is the Disney movie type, Lex,” she told him, brushing aside his reasoning. She sighed. “Tell me, please tell me that you’ve seen at least one Disney movie. ‘Snow White’? Surely you’ve seen ‘Snow White’, if only to appreciate its historical significance,” she taunted.

“Yes Chloe, I have, in fact, seen ‘Snow White’,” he smirked at her.

“Ok, fine, then you should be able to understand even better why this,” and she pointed at the screen, “is a landmark Disney movie.”

“Well please, Ms. Sullivan, enlighten me.”

“I will, and I want you to take note that I’m pointedly ignoring your tone, Mr. Luthor.” He laughed at her blatantly contradictory statement. “This was the first Disney movie that had a heroine who wasn’t an obnoxious, fluttery female. Ok, Ariel had a little bit of spunk, but she was still pretty weak. The Disney heroine up until ‘Beauty & the Beast’ had always been this helpless, delicate, I’m-useless-because-I’m-a-girl-and-I-might-break-a-nail type. But with Belle, they finally realized that they could give a woman a brain and a backbone without portraying her as an evil bitch. She’s still pretty and sweet and caring and loyal, but she’s also strong and smart and independent.”

“So,” Lex said, his voice thoughtful, “you like Belle because she’s intelligent, beautiful, strong, independent, sweet, and loyal to those she cares about. You know, that’s awfully reminiscent of someone else we know.”

She turned her face away from him again.

“Ok, I know it’s an easy parallel to make, with the beauty and the raven hair and all, but if you say ‘Lana Lang’ I swear to God I’m going to punch you.”

“I thought you and Lana got along,” Lex replied, genuinely surprised.

“We do,” she sighed. “And she’s really a great friend. It’s just . . . it’s not easy to get over always being in someone else’s shadow.” She smiled, dismissing the subject. “I guess old habits just die hard. Come on, I’ll show you what you’ve been missing with this whole ‘not being the Disney type’ crap.”

The movie started playing again, and Lex decided it would probably be best if he didn’t tell Chloe he had been speaking of her and not Lana. He had a feeling that she would punch him anyway if he said that—some instinct told him that she would view any compliment of that magnitude as insincere. So, he let it go and sat back to watch the movie.

Much to his surprise, he found himself actually enjoying it. He hadn’t had very high expectations of what was, after all, a children’s movie, but before long he was drawn in. It was something he never would have chosen himself, but sitting there with Chloe, snacking on popcorn overloaded with butter and salt, the experience was far more enjoyable than he would have anticipated. Although he was enjoying the movie, however, as he watched a part of his mind was constantly alert to the way Chloe felt curled up against him. Her arm was curved around the popcorn bowl, resting on his leg, and even through their clothes he could feel the heat from her skin. Every now and then she would absentmindedly brush her fingers over his knee, and each time the contact sent a jolt of electricity through his system. With every breath he took her scent invaded him—the gentle smell of flowers and something a little bit sweet. Without realizing it he pulled her just a bit closer against him.

Chloe’s heart started beating faster. She too was having trouble concentrating entirely on the movie. The heat from Lex’s body was scorching, but she couldn’t find it in her to pull away. It had been a long time since she had been able to convince anyone to watch with her like this.

Pete protested that he was too old for Disney movies, although she knew for a fact that he was a closet “Fox and the Hound” fan. She had only been able to get Clark to have one of these movie nights with her two or three times—after he caught on to the theme of her movies he had also been difficult to convince. The few times she had been able to get him to watch with her, she had thought it was heaven. Being in such close contact with the object of her affections had been thrilling, and at the time she had thought that nothing could compare to it. She had been right. Sitting with Lex was nothing like sitting with Clark—with Clark it had felt safe, familiar; sitting with Lex, she couldn’t easily define her feelings. It soothed her and it made her restless; it was electrifying and comforting at the same time. She wanted to burrow down and sleep, and she wanted to climb into his lap and kiss both of them breathless. His hand started tracing patterns on her arm, sending a current coursing throughout her body. Making a concentrated effort to ignore it, Chloe turned her attention back to the television just in time to see the Beast returning to his original human form. She sighed.

“This is the only part of this movie that I don’t really like,” she said. Lex glanced at her, puzzled.

“Not much for the fairy-tale ending? The girl gets her handsome prince in the end and they live happily ever after?”

“No, it’s just . . . well, think about it: the whole moral of the story is that what’s inside is more important than physical appearances. And they’re doing really well, what with the handsome man being evil and the terrifying monster turning out to be good and the beautiful maiden loves the beast despite his appearance, and so on. But then they screw it up by having him turn into this gilded angel before they really end up together. What was so bad about him as the Beast, anyway?” she griped.

“Well,” Lex murmured in her ear, though he knew he shouldn’t, “it -would- present some . . . logistical problems for the honeymoon.”

Chloe shivered at the husky sound of his voice and fought against a blush, turning to shoot him a mocking look instead.

“It’s a children’s movie, Lex. I know it’s awfully at home there, but let’s try to keep your mind out of the gutter for just a little while.” Lex smirked.

“No promises, but I suppose I owe it to you to try, after you’ve gone all night without one attempt at an interview,” he teased, and turned his attention back to the television, where the credits were just beginning to roll. Before long, Chloe spoke up again.

“So tell me Lex—off the record—where did your love of the great Broadway musical come from?” Her question startled him, and he wondered when his mind had started to immediately respond with the truth when Chloe asked a question.

“My mother. She loved musicals.” Lex smiled, remembering. “She used to say that they were how life should be—letting your feelings out without fear, not trying to keep everything bottled up inside. We used to go to the theater all the time before she got sick, but I never really appreciated it until she was too weak to go anymore. Even though I protested for a while when we first started going, I guess the whole thing eventually grew on me. It’s larger than life, everything’s exaggerated, but there’s truth there if you take the time to look.”

“What about Jekyll & Hyde? Why that one?”

“Duality. It’s present in everything, but it’s not usually so blatantly addressed. What can I say—I’ve always been fascinated by man’s internal struggle between both sides of himself. Everyone has a capacity for good in them, as well as a capacity for evil. It’s just a question of which is allowed control.”

Chloe nodded slowly, and when Lex looked down he saw that she was blinking intently, trying to keep her eyes from drifting shut. He smiled to himself and glanced at his watch. Two o’clock. He set the empty popcorn bowl on the coffee table and eased Chloe upright. She shot him a questioning look, her features drowsy.

“I should go so you can get some sleep,” he told her. He grinned. “Besides, if I’m here for much longer, the neighbors will begin to talk.” He waggled his eyebrows once, and she couldn’t help but laugh. He stood and put on his coat; she rose as well and began to walk with him to the door.

“I can find my way out,” he started, only to be interrupted by Chloe’s playful glare.

“This may not be quite the labyrinth that you live in, but it’s still considered polite in some circles to see a guest to the door.”

Lex chuckled, and she opened the door for him. The cool air curled around them as she looked up at him, hesitating for a moment. Then, with a sudden burst of courage, she wrapped her arms around him and pulled him once more into a hug. It caught him less by surprise this time, and his arms went around her almost immediately. It only lasted for a moment before they pulled apart and she smiled up at him, her hair falling into her eyes.

“Thanks for everything today, Lex. It meant a lot to me.”

“It was my pleasure. It isn’t often that I have such a charming theater companion.” She rolled her eyes and grinned, dismissing his claim.

“Well, I’ll probably see you at the Talon tomorrow?” It came out as a question. A smile spread across his face.

“I certainly hope so.” He took her hand and brought it to his lips, his eyes sparkling at her as his lips brushed warm against her knuckles.

“Happy birthday, Chloe.”

With that he backed away, then turned and strode to his car. Chloe quietly closed the door and leaned back against it.

Her fingers brushed her hand where Lex had kissed it.

In his car, Lex tasted Chloe on his lips and closed his eyes. She tasted like spiced honey.

The same thought was in both minds, and though they knew its truth, they also knew they had no choice now but to play.

A dangerous game, indeed.

HYDE/LUCY:
    At the touch of your hand -
    At the sound of your voice -
    At the moment your eyes meet mine -

I am losing my mind -
    I am losing control -
    Fighting feelings I can't define!

LUCY:
    It's a sin with no name -

HYDE:
    No remorse and no shame -
    Fire, fury and flame!

LUCY:
    ’Cause the devil's to blame

HYDE/LUCY:
    And the angels proclaim
    It's a dangerous game!

FIN

Sugar&Spice of the gutter Senior Member Queen Of Tact's Avatar
    That was great.. I wouldn't mind having to spend my birthday with Lex... lol

Oh, and I hope you don't think we are just going to let you get away with this ending... I'm hoping that there will be a Sequel on it's way :

CC
    "I am scared that I'm always going to be somebody's friend or sister or confidant, but never quite somebody's everything."

NS Full Member
    :biggrin: That was such a great read. Beautifull written and the way you wove the Jekyll and Hyde theme into the story was brilliant.

There is a sequel in the works right? *Crosses fingers hopefully* We have to see this Dangerous Game play out.
    :chlexsign3:

demoness
    The fic was amazing! Very well written. I loved every single chapter! But come on, a sequel would be wonderful! Please?

~Tandy~ :chlexsign3:

NS Full Member
    Wow, this fic was just fantastic. I really enjoyed reading this.

Kerry

NS Full Member
    Originally posted by Tandy@Mar 16 2003, 06:03 PM
    But come on, a sequel would be wonderful! Please?

I second that! I need to read more of this :chlexsign3:

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information