+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Things He Never Said (G)

bored and dangerous Senior Member sabby's Avatar
    Sittin by the side of the road in the middle of nowhere...

Things He Never Said (G)

CATEGORY: Short Story/ Angst

Rating: G

My dearest Chloe,

I'm sorry, my love, that I did not tell you when I still had a chance. That I didn't have the guts to show you how I really feel. I regret deeply that you never got to hear me telling you the truth, but I was scared, so scared, that you would reject me, that you didn't reciprocate my feelings. And I was even more scared that you actually would reciprocate them. It would have put you into such danger. With my position in this world and my reputation, you would have become a target. That I couldn't let happen. You meant too much to me, the thought of you getting hurt because of me was enough to make me physically sick. So I kept my feelings to myself, watching you from afar.
    Witnessing you live your life, pursuing your dreams and enjoying your time with friends and your work at the paper. You were the only thing constantly on my mind. It sounds cliched and unbelievabe, especially from me, I know, but you were the first thing on my mind, when I woke up and the last thing I would think about before falling asleep. You still are. You never knew, but I did anything to help you where I could, with your job or the little adventures you went on, always making sure you had everything you needed and yet being secured, still not being aware that you were being supported or by who. But somewhere along the line I failed, else it wouldn't have come that
    far. I keep asking myself, if it would have changed anything if I had been honest, if I had told you how much I care for you, how important you are to me. But there is no way to turn back time now and there aer only two things left to say. So I will say them now.

I'm sorry Chloe, that I failed you. But believe me please, that I did always and will always love you.

yours eternally

Alexander

Lex folded the purple paper of the letter and placed it delicately on the marble surface in front of him. After pressing a kiss on his fingers, he grazed them over the indented golden Letters on the grey stone he was kneeling in front of. A tear trailed down his face as he read the engraved words.

"Chloe Sullivan. March 6th 1985 - September 25th 2012 Beloved Daughter and True friend, we will miss you forever"

Standing up and brushing the dirt from his slacks, he turned to go. Not looking back, his voice once again cut through the stillness of the cemetery.

"He will pay for this! I will make him pay for chosing saving the world over saving his best friend, the woman that meant the world to me! I promise Chloe, I'll make him pay, for you."

That said he drove off into the night in one of his shallow, fancy sportscars. He never had noticed the lone shadow looming behind an old oak tree near the grave.

Clark shook his head sadly, asking him self once more how things could have gone so wrong, before leaving the cemetery in the opposite direction that Lex had gone.

A/N: I'm still working on "tltl" but this snippet got stuck in my head! it's beyond pathetic I know but I had to get it out, so I could go on with my real story.
    Last edited by sabby; 2nd September 2008 at 20:55.

NS Full Member
    Hmmm, that is certainly interesting! Poor Lex, losing Chloe (to death) and Clark (because Lex believed that Clark should have saved Chloe) at the same time. I feel sorry for him.

Kerry

Юü§îLLå
    Just a Guest!
    Hmmm...This sounds like a plot bunny I posted somewhere...

odd duck
    Thats so sad, Lex not telling Chloe then loosing her.

Angel undercover!
    It's just tragic that Chloe never knew that Lex loved her. And stupid Clark for letting her die.

NS Full Member
    Oh, that hurt me! It was so poetically written and- *bursts into tears* Total and utter chlex angst... sigh...

scifichick774
    Just a Guest!
    *sniff*
    Poor Lex. I can't help but wonder whether or not she's really dead. Sorry - Truthseekers by Catheryne on the brain. It would be lovely if she wasn't though.

bored and dangerous Senior Member sabby's Avatar
    Sittin by the side of the road in the middle of nowhere...
    sorry kris, but she is definately dead and gone.

One of my takes on how Lex became evil and supermans arch nemesis, all for the sake of lovely chloe.

But hey in my other story they will get together again and all will be honkey dorey in one of the endings anyway *g*

hugs Sabby

Hey Sabby...I've decided to go through and read all the angst fics and shortfics I've been avoiding. *smiles* i'm finally in the mood to start reading them!

I love how you've made Chloe's death the division between Clark and Lex. I'm definitely in the camp that thinks that chloe has something to do with their eventual feud.

And I love the letter format!

NS Senior Member Senior Member autumngold's Avatar
    How very, very sad!! I really wish Chloe could have read Lex's letter!! What an excellent story!! :chlexsign3:

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information