+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 26 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: The Wills of Desire (R/NC-17)

hmy:
    Eep, this is not looking good for Chloe.

Great update! More soon please!

OMG! I knew Lex should've killed the bastard! MORE!

NS Senior Member Senior Member sydsvaughn's Avatar
    You know, part of me is anxiously eager to see how Chloe fixes this, but another part wants to see her and Lex take on everyone, together.

That, if you haven't guessed, means I'm loving this story, and since I love the MB (and love to hate him) I so enjoy your writing style. Not to mention I love the idea of protective Lex around Chloe. Those two are so perfect for each other.

Please say you'll update soon??

Sara

Eeep!! How is Chloe going to get out of this? I have to admit, at first I was a little skeptical of how you were portraying Chloe. Then I realized that was because SV so often shows her as such a milquetoast. I LOVE the direction you're taking her in...and I dig her potty mouth.

Oh, and the following?

"Her type was the "Clark" type; dark hair, dark eyes, dumb as an ox. Hell, Clark basically was an ox."
    I was laughing so hard! I love the humorous, angsty, and sexy dimensions you're giving this. Way to go!

Update soon, please!

A little pink and white polka dot beanbag chair in the middle of the atlantic
    I am Loving this.
    Please write lots more soon.

Lel xx :yay:

NS Senior Member Senior Member autumngold's Avatar
    It makes me so mad the way everyone sides with Clark! Isn't anyone else hurt by all of the secrets he kept? Great chapters, I can't wait to see what happens next!! I hope Lex is still able to protect Chloe!! :chlexsign4:

NS Full Member
    Ok, I know it's only been a couple of days but you kinda spoiled me what with the daily updates so now I'm all extra impatient for the next chapter. :yay2: What do you mean you have a life outside of writing this story? Im sorry, that's just not an acceptable answer. I need an update.

Members
    Disclaimer: See Chapter one

A/N: Chloe is in some deep shit here, what can Lex possibly do to help her out of this one. Lionel and her friends, what could be possibly do…?

P.S. Thanks for the reviews! Sorry about the delay. It's finals week in college. Forgive me?

Ch. 8

Of Honey Bees and Ham

She had done it now. Clark hated her, Pete hated her, the Kent's hated her, Lana did too, okay so she didn't care too much about Lana hating her, but it was the principle of the matter. And her Father, her Father said he was disappointed in her. Parts of the conversation kept replaying itself in her head.

"Chloe Amelie Sullivan I thought I raised you better than this. This whole reporter business has gotten you into so much trouble, but I turned my head and hoped that after landing yourself in the hospital a couple of times would beat this necessity for knowing all the answers. But now you team up with Lionel Luthor and you do it under the context of investigating Clark Kent. Your friend. What happened to my daughter who knew right from wrong. I didn't raise you to be sneaky, or vindictive," fumed Gabe Sullivan, his stare never wavering from the guilty eyes of a certain blonde reporter.

"Dad-" she began.

"Don't dad me. Do you know how trouble you could put that boy in? I don't know what all that information means and I don't want to know. All I know is that the little girl I raised isn't the person I thought she was," he said, leaving Chloe gripping the pillow, silent tears dripping from her face.

She had been sitting in the same position for the last eight hours, her eyes staring at the computer but not really seeing it. Her cell phone had rang at least ten times and she knew it had to be Lex checking on her. She didn’t want to talk to him, she didn't want to talk to anyone.

Her Father's last remark kept replaying itself in her head. "All I know is that the little girl I raised isn't the person I thought she was."

She raised herself lazily from the bed and stared at her full length mirror. Her dad was right, she wasn't the same person. She was turning into a person she didn't know and a person she wasn't sure if she liked. This new Chloe had respect. She wasn't the simpering little farm town girl that left this summer. She was a woman now.

It wasn't *her* fault Clark was a liar.

It wasn't *her* fault every person in this town was ignorant and obtuse enough to not realize that Clark was the biggest meteor freak that existed. Chloe, Lex and Lionel were the only ones to see Clark Kent for what he really was.

"A little more research wouldn't hurt," she said to herself, her eyes narrowing. Her friends and family had practically exiled her already and she figured that the punishment didn't truly fit the crime. But if she was going to be crucified for betraying a friend, then she would do the crime of which she's paying the time.

"Chloe Sullivan, investigative reporter is about to uncover the biggest piece of her life," she muttered to herself as she sat down at her laptop. "Who or what really, is Clark Kent?"

Lex paced his study. He hadn't heard from Chloe since the blow up at the Talon, and it was beginning to worry him. Sure, her Father had saved her from the imminent blow up of Clark Kent and his family and friends for that matter. However, the way her Father looked at her, the way she looked at him. That was the second time he had seen Chloe Sullivan with fear resting in her eyes, and it was a look that he would do anything to not see.

He walked toward the closet and grabbed his coat. He promised to protect Chloe at all costs. Even if that meant from her own father.

His foot was halfway out his office door before he felt solid mass run into him.

"Chloe? What are you doing here?" he asked backing away.

"Nice to see you to, Lex," she snapped.

"No need to be hostile, Miss Sullivan," he smirked. "Please, sit."

"No time for pleasantries. I have something I think you should see."

"So Chloe knows about your abilities," said Pete apprehensively, sitting on a bale of hay in the loft watching the sun set.

"No. She knows about the adoption and I guess the spaceship and the fact that I possibly came down with the meteors that day," said Clark, not facing Pete.

"Thus I repeat, Chloe knows about your abilities. She's smarter than you like to give her credit for, Clark. She's going to put two and two together," he said, rising. "And from what I can see, she's working with Lex as well as Lionel."

"Lex wouldn't do that to me," said Clark, glaring at Pete.

"Well, we thought Chloe wouldn't do that to you and we see what she's capable of," said Pete.

"And what might *I* be capable of, Pete?" bit a female voice from behind them. There stood Chloe Sullivan and none other than Lex Luthor in tow, his hands resting on her shoulders.

"Hello, Chloe," Pete said tightly.

"Pete."

"Mr. Ross," Lex said, walking forward and taking a seat on the couch as Pete began walking toward the stairs.

Clark remained silent.

"Hello Clark. Pete where are you going? I want you to be here for this little demonstration."

"Actually, Chloe," said Lex from the couch, "it's more along the lines of an experiment."

"Forgive me, Lex," she said, smirking at him, "but this is my party and I can call it what I want."

"A woman after my own heart," Lex muttered.

"How have you been Clark?" asked Chloe, walking toward him, her hands sliding down his muscled arm. He flinched.

"Don't be afraid, I assure you I won’t bite," she whispered against his ear. "At least not yet. Actually, I'm just here to test a little theory of mine."

"Of ours," Lex said, as he raised from the couch and handed Chloe a small lead box.

"Right again, Lex," she smiled at him. "A gift for you, Clark. Consider it an apology. To some what's in this box is very valuable," she said, handing Clark the box, as he eyed her suspiciously. "To others it can be downright dangerous. Which category do you fall in?"

Clark continued to stare at her. His eyes darted from Chloe to Lex. They were definitely up to something. His eyes fell upon Pete and he shrugged. Clark snatched the box from Chloe.

As he reached for the opening he looked at Chloe once more and she smiled sweetly at him. For a minute, he could see the old Chloe peak out from behind this mask that she had been wearing since she returned to Smallville. Those were the eyes of his Chloe.

He opened the box to see a bright, glowing green piece of rock.

He dropped to the ground immediately. Chloe smirked as he writhed upon the ground in pain. She bent over and closed the box.

"Sorry Clark, it was all in the name of science," she said as she grabbed Lex's hand and let him toward the stairs. "Oh by the way, Clark," she said turning to him as Pete helped him from the ground, " I would hope the invitation to Thanksgiving dinner still stands. I wouldn't want my Father to have to suffer because of my little blunder. And also, I took the liberty of inviting Lex. See you on Thursday."

"That little performance in there was brilliant, Chloe," Lex said, as they sped back to the mansion.

"Well, if I am going to be considered the bitch from hell I might as well act like it," she said quietly, eyeing the graying sky from her passenger window.

"Hey," said Lex softly, grabbing her hand as she turned her face toward him, "you have every right to search for the truth. Clark has been lying to us all for years."

"I know," she said, watching his profile as he watched the road. "I just never expected him to fall like that. He looked like he was in a lot of pain."

"I know, but it had to be done. It just supports our theory. Clark has some sort of allergy to the meteors."

"Which is very odd, since he came down with them in that little space ship."

"My thoughts exactly. I guess Hamilton and Nixon were right about what most people considered crazy rantings."

"Everyone except you," said Chloe, smiling as Lex met her gaze. "You see Clark for what he's worth, while everyone else in this damn town can't see passed their own problems to worry about anyone else," she said; Lex nodded thoughtfully. "You know what this means?"

"It means a lot of things. What are you asking specifically?" he asked, pulling into the mansion garage.

"That everything that happened to me these past two years is all because of Clark Kent. Him and his damn meteors. He really is a hero, him being the cause of the problems them scampering to fix them. If it weren't for him, I would have never almost been burned alive, permanently without body heat and almost killed by my telekinetic ex-boyfriend. He really is a piece of work."

"Indeed," he said coming to the passenger side to open her door. "He is."

"Happy Thanksgiving," said Gabe, as he walked through the door carrying an amazing basket filled with assorted chocolates.

"Happy Thanksgiving to you too, Gabe," said Jonathan taking the basket and his coat. "This chocolate looks great."

"It's the least I could do, considering…" said Gave, trailing off.

"That's not your fault. Where is she, by the way? Of course we don't appreciate what she did, but no one should have to spend Thanksgiving alone," said Martha, from the kitchen.

"Oh, she's not alone," said Lana emerging from the doorway, "she's with Lex." Jonathan choked on his lemonade.

"I suppose that's my fault. I blew up at her that day and she hasn't spoken to me or Lana since. She just comes home late, locks herself in her room and leaves early that morning," said Gabe, his eyes downcast. "I just hoped we could have spent Thanksgiving together as a family," he said, as Lana embraced him.

"She'll be here," she said quietly.

"Yea, she will," said Clark, walking in to the room.

"How can you be sure son?" asked Jonathan.

"Because she said so," said Clark, exchanging glances with his parents, "the night she came to the loft."

"Oh," said Martha, not wanting to alert Gabe that Chloe and Lex had practically attacked their son with a meteor rock.

"And she's bringing, Lex," he added, quietly.

"Mmph," Jonathan grunted.

"Now Jonathan," began Martha, her head resting on his shoulder, "it's Lionel she teamed up with, not Lex."

"I wouldn't be so sure," piped in Lana, " I mean did you see them at the Talon, all cuddled up? It was almost like they were together. You know, together."

"Well this town is more boring than I thought if all you have to do is talk about Lex and myself and our possible relationship," snapped a voice from the doorway, where Lex and Chloe were leaning against the door frame, wearing matching black wool coasts.

Silence filled the room and the only sound she heard was Lex snickering behind her.

"Maybe we should go Chloe," he said into her ear.

"No, Lex we were invited and we're going to stay. Hello, dad," she said icily. "Hello everyone else. Happy Thanksgiving."

NS Full Member
    Ok, I´m in a hurry and I don´t have much time to leave fb. Sorry. I´ll give better fb soon. Promise. Just let me say: I love this fic. It´s really good. Keep up the good work.

scifichick774
    Just a Guest!
    *evil cackle*

Gotta love Chloe in the bitch role. More soon please.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information