+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 26 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: The Wills of Desire (R/NC-17)

Escapeism Artist Senior Member asharnanae's Avatar
    :biggrin: great update, but why stop there!!!!!!

Oh c'mon! MORE! What did Chloe find??? Update this!

Members
    Dislcaimer: See Chapter One

A/N: Chloe's starting to bite of more than she can chew

Ch. 6

Dueling with the Devil

"Miss! Miss, you can't go in there," said a young woman Chloe assumed to be one of Lex's many gorgeous brunette secretaries.

"Would you let go of me?" she yelled, wrenching her arm out of the woman's grip.

"Mr. Luthor is very busy!" she said, grabbing Chloe by the waist, her boots sliding across the hardwood floor.

"I don't care if he's in there planning the apocalypse, you tell him to either grow some balls and come out here and see me or I'm walking in there," she said loudly, hoping Lex would hear her.

Suddenly, Lex's door shot open and he came strolling out looking furious. His fiery gaze turned into one that seemed almost amused at the sight before him.

"Terrorizing my associates Chloe? I thought you were above that," he said, smirking.

"Damn it would you let me go?" she yelled, glaring at the brunette.

"I'm very sorry for the inconvenience, Mr. Luthor," she said, directing her attention to Lex, completely ignoring Chloe.

"You little bitch, if you don't let me go right now, I'm going to bust your face in," Chloe said tightly; Lex scoffed.

"Excuse me? How dare you-" she began, interrupted as Chloe's fist connected squarely with her jaw. She fell like a ton of bricks.

"What the hell, Chloe? I think you killed my secretary," he said, his face stern but his voice filled with amusement. "Where did you learn to punch like that, Sullivan?" asked Lex, a smile gracing his lips.

"That's beside the point, Lex, we need to talk," she said firmly, gripping his shoulders and pulling him toward the office. With a loud slam, she shut the doors.

"Explain this to me, Lex," she said, throwing the envelope down on to his desk and sitting roughly in a chair opposite him, scowling.

"That would be an envelope, manila colored-"he began dryly.

"Look inside, smart ass," she interrupted.

"What has gotten into you today? If this is about me not calling you well-"

"Just open the damn envelope, Lex! Or would rather have me play nanny and do it for you?" she huffed, slouching and crossing her arms over her chest.

Lex exhaled loudly and ripped the envelope opened. His eyes widened to what Chloe assumed was fear. He sat calmly and read the documents. After finishing, he pushed them aside.

"That's some very private information, Miss Sullivan, where did you get it?" he asked calmly, his gaze returning to the documents he was reviewing before Chloe barged in.

"You knew about this?" she asked softly, her voice shaking and eyes wide with shock. "You knew about this?"

"I knew of this. My father is my top competitor, I know of many things that go on in Luthorcorp."

Breathing very loudly, she stood up from her seat. Her body swayed lightly and Lex was up and upon her in seconds.

"Don't touch me," she screamed, her voice breaking.

"Chloe it's not what you think," he said softly, still cradling her in his arms.

"It's exactly what I think," she said coldly, pushing herself from him and stepping to face him. "Why didn't you tell me Lex? We could put you father away with information like this."

"No! What have you heard about playing games with Lionel Luthor? You've seen what happens to people who plot against him. Chloe, you just dug your hole that much deeper. If you thought my Father was cruel, she should try working against him. You're playing a dangerous game and you're playing it with your life."

"What is that all about?" she asked, pointing to the information she'd given him that was neatly tucked away in a corner on his desk. She ignored his last comment; she didn’t want to have to worry about Lionel Luthor's wrath with the other things on her mind. That would have to be saved for another day.

"It's called 'Project Galactica' and it's my Father attempt at designing nuclear warfare," he began, sitting on the black leather sofa and patting it gently as if summoning Chloe to sit with him. She did not oblige. "He was going to sell it to less powerful companies on the black market for a major profit. The pictures you saw were of him testing the weapon itself. It's a virus that attack's all of the bodies major organs, decimating them one by one. Lionel named it the L-Virus. I'm assuming that the 'L' stands for Lionel. Or Luthor."

"Or for Lex," she said coldly, turning her back to him.

"I had nothing to do with this, Chloe, I assure you."

"Oh, you assure me?" she asked, facing him. "How reassuring," she added dryly.

"Chloe, I don't endorse what my father does, but sometimes I have to brush things under the rug. Luthorcorp will be mine one day, and to be sure I receive what is due me, sometimes you have to pretend to be a pawn instead of taking control like the queen."

"Don't use little chess analogies against me, Lex."

"I'm not against you, Chloe, I'm more with you than anyone else in this town. Come sit with me."

"Why so you can initiate another kiss and avoid me for two weeks until I find something that makes me think less of your family?" she asked bitterly. "I think I'll pass on that one."

"Chloe I had been meaning to talk to you about that," he said, pinching the bridge of his nose.

"Never really got around to it, did you?"

"I've been busy, Chloe, running a multi-million dollar company and all," he said curtly.

"A call only takes five minutes, Lex," she said, running a hand across her neck.

"This a lot harder for me than it is for you," he said bitterly, standing up.

"Oh yeah, like you're the only one who had been hurt by somebody before. Or almost murdered, because I think that I was almost been killed twice by somebody I was romantically involved with. Do you know what its like to stare at the person you have feelings for while their eyes are narrowed and their face is hot with rage and all you can think about is, I am never going to see my dad again, I am never going to be able to make amends with my mother," she said, walking toward him and stroking his arm gently. "It's something that I am not quite ready to experience again any time soon. I have some trust issues, Lex. Some that I'm sure you can identify with. I 'm not asking you love me. I don't want to love you. I'm asking you to be honest with me. I'm asking you to help me trust again. I know what its like to be betrayed and so do you. Like it or not, that makes us members in that sacred club that nobody wants to be in."

His hands moved gently upward as he brushed his fingers against her collarbone, lowering his face to her neck he kissed it gently. His hands fell to her sides and gently intertwined his fingers with hers; raising them slowly he brought them to his mouth and kissed them.

"I can't promise you anything, Chloe," he said, peering over her hands that his lips brushed as he spoke.

"I know, Lex, I know," she said, moving her hands from his grip, she wrapped them around his neck and stroked him gently. His hands encircled her waist as he pulled her closely, that same fire engulfed him as she pressed her pelvis against his. She licked her lips gently as his face leaned forward toward her own…

"LEX!" roared a voice from outside the door as it swung open with a bang. "Ah, Miss Sullivan," he began, smirking at their present situation. "Just the woman I wanted to see."

"Your work is incredible," said Lionel, as they both settled themselves in his office.

"But that's not why you called me here, is it Mr. Luthor?" she said, trying to her hide the nervousness in her voice.

"I admire your sharpness, Miss Sullivan," his smile dropping, "I would have hoped that it was only matched by your intuitiveness. Apparently I was wrong." He paused smiling cynically at her. "My sources have alerted me that you have been in touch with a certain, Marcus Willeby, an employee for Wayne Industries."

Chloe did not respond.

"Are you aware that Wayne Industries works very closely with Cadmus Labs?" he asked, taking a seat behind his desk. "From your silence I would assume that means 'yes.' Are you also aware that Luthorcorp does quite a bit of business with Cadmus Labs as well?" Once again, silence. "You know Miss Sullivan, as a reporter with an insatiable need for the truth, I figured you would investigate me, but I had hoped you had covered your tracks a bit better."

Chloe fidgeted in her seat as she tried to keep an innocent look on her face. With each word he spoke, her façade was slowly fading.

"Have you heard the saying, 'keep your friends close and your enemies closer," Miss Sullivan?"

"Of course I have," she spat out, all her fear draining at his comment. She had heard that cliché when she was six. Who did this bozo think he was talking to? She wasn't a child. 'Ass hole,' she thought, her tongue pushing against the side of her cheek as she chewed on it roughly.

"Well, I don't agree with it, Miss Sullivan," he said, leaning back in his chair slowly.

"Really?" she snapped, "And why is that?"

"Because it's always our friends that tend to get us in the most trouble and in turn, cause us the most pain."

Her brow wrinkled in thought as she contemplated his response. "You're speaking in circles, Mr. Luthor."

"Well then, Miss Sullivan, let me just come out and say that you will not have to be worrying about that friend causing you any unnecessary pain. Ever. Again."

Chloe's body shook violently, as her breath caught in her throat. Surely he didn't mean what he thought she did.

"Since Mr. Willeby found it necessary to divulge information that was not his concern, we decided to give him all the answers about the L-virus he would ever need," he said, pausing, "We injected him with it around nine this morning, I would assume he was already dead upon my arrival."

Chloe leaned forward clenching her stomach as she shook uncontrollably. Her eyes burned with tears and her cheeks with anger. "How could you?" she sobbed. "He had nothing to do with this. It was my fault!"

"Of this, I am quite sure," he said, jumping from his seat and bearing down on her like a vulture on its prey. Her head hit violently against the seat as he covered her body with his own. His knee fell into her upper thigh painfully. As she opened her mouth to cry out, Lionel covered it with his hand.

"Now listen here you little bitch and listen well. I'm not sure what's going on between you and my son, but you had better not let it interfere with what you owe me," he said, pressing his knee harder to her thigh as her eyes widened. Roughly, he moved his hands and locked them around her throat, in an instant squeezing the breath from her lungs. Her eyes prickled as salty tears ran down her face, her cheeks swollen and red from lack of air. "As for your discretion concerning the information on the virus, you will be dealt with shortly, I assure you. I want all the information you have on Clark Kent and I want it soon," he raged, releasing her from his solid grip.

She wheezed loudly, gripping her throat and rubbing her thigh; she could already feel a bruise forming. She looked up toward the man towering before her, her eyes still blurry with unshed tears.

"Remember what I said. You work for me, Miss Sullivan. To you that makes me God. And remember God is always watching," he said, before turning and leaving the silent room.

NS Senior Member Senior Member autumngold's Avatar
    Ok, Lionel must die!! Did Chloe bring the gun back from France that her mother gave her? :biggrin: Lex is being a total jerk! How can he turn his back on a virus that could kill millions of people? Please write more soon!! :biggrin: :chlexsign1:

I love your portrayal of Chloe as feisty and not taking crap from anyone. That being said, that attitude kinda helped get her into this sticky situation with Lionel. God, he is so evil. After that last run-in, I'm very afraid for her. I hope Lex and Chloe take him down!

Love this story, update soon please!

Escapeism Artist Senior Member asharnanae's Avatar
    hmy: IIYYYYEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!! lionel is such a bastard!!!! FANTASTIC!!!!!!!!& #33;!!

NS Full Member
    hmy: Well Lionel is certainly starting to turn the screws now isn’t he? He’s even getting physical with it. Evil ass bastard. I think Chloe is going to have her work cut out trying to get out of this one.

Spunky Chick Senior Member hfce's Avatar
    LIONEL NEEDS TO DIEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!&#33 ; :die: :hammer:

Great update by the way.

Hope
    "Everyone seems normal until you get to know them. "

Great fic, please more soon.
    Femke :yay:

OMG! :huh:
    Lionel is a fucking bastard! Lex and Chloe need to get him!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information