+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 26 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: The Wills of Desire (R/NC-17)

NS Senior Member Senior Member Béatrice's Avatar
    WOW...huh...I don't know what to say except that I WANT AN UPDATE! :chlexsign1:

Spunky Chick Senior Member hfce's Avatar
    Oh my Lord this just gets better and better. I love the sxual energy and the verbal battle they got going. This is the Chlex I like seeing on my screen and reading. Great job :clap:

Hope :chlexsign2:
    "Everyone seems normal until you get to know them. "

NS Full Member
    Originally posted by MissMed03@Dec 6 2003, 04:22 PM
    This girl was going to be the death of him.
    Yeah Lex, but what better way to go? :tongue: I am so digging this story and I love the frequent updates.

7 comes on too strong
    Hee! Excellent...Excellent...Excellent! :biggrin:

Members
    Disclaimer: See chapter one

A/N: Once again thanks for the great reviews!!!

Ch. 5

What's In a Kiss?

Chloe sat alone in the darkened Torch office staring at the blank computer screen on her laptop. It had taken a while for her to get started on tonight's research. She gently picked at her wool sweater as she stared at the rain streaming down the windows in contoured patters on a stormy Sunday evening. Her eyes wandered to the cup beside her filled with steamy, hot chocolate and lily-white whipped cream. She couldn't help the smile that fell upon her lips.

'Who would have ever thought, me and Lex?' she thought, her smile multiplying ten-fold.

"I hope that smile is because you found something interesting in our never-ending quest for knowledge," said a voice from the doorway. Chloe didn't even need to look up to know who it was.

"Not necessarily, Lex. But I do have something I figured you might want to see," she said handing him a manila envelope as he sat on the desk beside her.

"Impressive, Chloe, you're a very fast worker," he said winking at her.

"I like praise as much as the next person but I'm not going to lie to you and say I did that today. It's the information I gave to your dad on Clark. I figured it would be beneficial to you as well."

"Thank you for the honesty. So, you just happened to have this lying in the Torch office? Not a very good place to keep sensitive information."

"Don't start on a lecture, Lex," she said rolling her eyes and returning them to the computer screen. "I brought it in case you just happened to show up to keep me company on this dark and stormy night. Does it kill you how well I know you?"

"Technically, Chloe, you've known me all but two days."

"And I feel closer to you than I did to Clark and we were friends for ages," she said, staring at him blushing.

"Chloe you consider me an friend? I'm touched," he said dryly.

The smile immediately fell from her face. "Well, that's the last time I ever say anything nice to you," she snapped.

Lex smiled gently in her direction, his hand reaching out to caress her cheek gently. Her eyes fluttered close and she breathed in deeply, leaning her cheek into his hand.

"I was just bantering," he said, moving his hand from her cheek slowly. "I value our new found friendship, Chloe. More than I have valued anything in a very long time."

She smiled in return. "Aren't you going to open it?" she asked expectantly.

"I suppose from the look of your face, I ought to," he said, undoing the clasp.

Chloe got up, moved to her bag, and pulled out another envelope and a bag of what looked like photos. She sorted them quietly as Lex looked over the documents. She looked to him and smiled. His eyes were focused in concentration as his hands rested in his lap. She couldn't hide the happiness that danced in her eyes. She could not believe she was sitting in the Torch office, alone with Lex Luthor and actually contemplating the fact that she might have feelings for him that go past friendship.

His eyes darted from the papers to watch her drop some photos into a rather large envelope along with a few pieces of paper graced with her handwriting. She gently folded the top of the envelope and pulled it toward her mouth as Lex lifted his head to get a better view of what she was about to do.

He wasn't surprised when her tongue emerged from her mouth and slowly licked the top the envelope. He stifled a grown. He could almost envision her licking him like that in places he considered to be most private.

He breathed deeply and returned to his reading, his own self-control surprising him greatly.

He heard footsteps as she walked toward him and returned herself to the editor's chair.

"Very interesting, Chloe," he said, upon completing the reading.

"Very indeed," she said.

"So enlighten me with your theories," he said. He was pretty aware of what this all meant but he couldn't help but like hearing her voice.

"Please Lex, you’re a smart kid, I'm sure you figured it out already," she blew out, shaking her head. "What? Did you just want to hear my voice?" she asked coyly.

"You're right, you do know me too well."

"Are you actually admitting that I'm right?" she asked excitedly.

"For the first and last time in my life," he replied. "How long do you plan on staying here?" he asked, surveying the whether outside. The storm seemed to be getting worse.

"Not too long, I'm practically done. It's just easier being here than at home," she said quietly, turning away from his face.

"Things that bad at home?" he asked. "You and your dad?"

"Worse, me and Lana," she said, smirking. "She wants to kiss and make-up and be best friends. I'm not really into the whole sister, bonding, forgive and forget, thing. It would be a miracle for me to forgive, but forgetting is an entirely different story within itself."

Lex couldn't help but notice all the bitterness and pain settled behind her eyes. It reminded him of himself at her age. He hoped that she wouldn't make the same mistakes that he did.

"You know Chloe," Lex began gently, placing a hand on her chin and pulling her face toward him, "you're welcome in my home. There is always a room for you to stay in and person willing to listen. You're not alone."

She looked at him, her eyes wide, and he could not help but be taken aback by all the emotion behind it. She was at a loss for words; no one had ever offered their home and hospitality like that before. 'If people only knew the real Lex for who he was, they would love him.'

Her hands reached to the hand that rested beneath her chin. She pulled it toward her and studied the lines on his pale palm. Overcome with emotion, she lowered her lips to his flesh and kissed it gently.

He was shocked by her gesture. No woman had certainly ever done that before. They settled to kiss his lower regions instead. But this gesture meant more to him than every sexual encounter in his life combined.

He lowered his hand and intertwined it with hers.

"Come on," he said, gently, "let's go home."

Without complaint, she gathered her things, her hand still resting within his and followed him out the door.

"What do you want to watch, Chloe?" he asked, as they settled themselves in his entertainment room.

"I don’t know. I would assume with a setup like this you would have every movie in the world," she said resting her head on the armrest of the black, leather couch.

Lex looked to her in response and closed his mouth slowly when he saw her. Her hair was fanned out around her as she laid their wearing one of his sweatshirts. Her lips were red from the blistering cold they had recently escaped from and they seemed to be more plump than usual. Her feet were curled beneath her. All he could think of was how angelic she looked lying there as he approached the couch kneeling beside her, his eyes filled with something she couldn't quite read. She lifted her head as his face neared her own, staring to look into his blue eyes. He was staring at her so intently that it was on the verge of making her feel uncomfortable.

"Lex?" she asked, unknowingly inching her face closer to his, so close that she could feel his warm breath against her lips. "Why are you looking at me like that?" she asked, her voice shaking gently.

"Chloe," he said, his hand falling upon her head and tangling it in her soft curls, "I will always look at you like this," he breathed before he softly brushed his lips against hers.

What he received was almost a jolt of electricity, a full electric charge upon his lips and he wasn't the only one who felt it. Her body pressed forward and fused their lips together as she slid her tongue across his bottom lip. His breathing quickened as his body longed to quench the thirst it was experiencing.

His hand pressed upon the back of her head and pushed her face more forcefully toward him as his tongue slipped into her opened mouth. Stars exploded in her mind; she finally knew what heaven felt like. Her hands rested upon his cheeks as she lifted her body upward to lean into the kiss and her legs slid themselves from the couch. His left hand moved from her head to her back pulling her waist toward him as he secured her in his embrace. His tongue delved into her mouth as he longed hungrily for more of her addictive taste. His lips were on fire and he thirsted to let the flames of her hot kisses consume his entire being.

Her back arched against the couch as her knees dug into the rug. He moved forward and completely covered her body with his own. His arms left her waist and dug into the leather seats as he filled any possible space left between them.

Her body screamed for more as her hands left his cheeks and raked roughly down his chest finding an opening in his shirt and settling her hands within it. He ground his body against her and a throaty groan escaped her mouth as he sucked in the vibration of her moan. His skin around his abdomen began to tingle teasingly as she drew circles upon the velvet skin beneath his shirt. If she didn't inhale soon, she would die a most wonderful and painless death.

She moved her head away from him and rested it upon the couch as she inhaled deeply. Once more, Lex found himself buried in her bosom breathing in quick bursts. His mind was steal reeling as the tingle upon his lips slowly subsided. He moved to kiss her again when his half-lidded eyes glimpsed a portrait on the wall; the final remnant of Helen that he forgot to have removed from his home. That picture was the last gift she'd given him before her betrayal.

He pushed himself from her quickly and stood up. Chloe's head shot up as the warmth of his body left her. He was staring at her differently than the way he had before. She couldn't quite point out it what it was, but it filled her with utter loneliness and guilt.

"I'm sorry, Chloe," he said brokenly, and left her in that empty room. Alone with her thoughts and her regret.

Two weeks had passed since the infamous, unforgettable kiss, and she hadn't heard from him since. She was getting mail from him instructing her on what he wanted to see, but that was all the contact they exchanged. She had been at the Luthor castle everyday doing work for Lionel, but she never got caught as much as a glimpse of him. It was as if he'd lock himself away from the world.

She had never known Lex to hide from his problems, but whatever it was beating him down. And she knew exactly what it was.

Helen had broken him. She knew how that felt, maybe not in such away as him, but she had felt the bitter colds of betrayal, and from the wintry storm he was facing, she wasn't sure if he would ever be able to dig himself from the freezing snow.

She wasn't asking him to love her. She didn't want to love him. Love was something that didn't last. It was as fickle as the weather. You always think you'll get a summer day and then a storm comes to ruin all of your plans. Love didn't last between her parents, or him and Helen. She wasn't looking for love. What she needed was solace, and she found that in his arms. Why couldn't he see that? She needed him, just as much as she knew he needed her.

She stared at the phone beside her as she lay lazily in her bed. She'd been in her bed a lot lately, not even bothering with Torch. She had been this way since that night at his house. She was unfocused and moody. And being here all the time with Lana and her dad wasn't helping. Lana was pushing her to talk, her dad was pushing her to talk to Lana, and they were both pushing her away. So there she lay, confined to her bedroom and her inescapable thoughts of Lex Luthor.

She rolled onto her side, as her eyelids became heavy. She was drifting toward a state of unconsciousness until she heard a high pitched beeping coming from the direction of her computer.

"Damn you," she mumbled, rolling off the bed.

She flipped up the top to see that she had a new email message. "This better be good," she said aloud.

She gently clicked on the envelope icon and found it to be a message from one of her contacts in Gotham that she had met in Metropolis, Marcus Willeby, who worked for Wayne Industries.

Hey Chloe, I knew from the Metropolis record's report that you were investigating Luthorcorp and I found something you have got to see. Be careful with it, I got it directly from the Wayne Industries database. It's an eye opener, Chloe, and will pretty much give you a pretty good idea that Luthorcorp is into way more than just fertilizer!

Best Wishes,

Marcus.

"Well, lets see what we've got here," she said, intrigued. She said opening the file.

As she read over the document, her eyes became wide with shock and disgust as she surveyed the pictures that went along with the text.

"Oh my God," she said, her eyes filling with tears at the grotesque pictures before her. "Lex has to see this," she whispered to herself, her shaking hand pressing the print button as she gathered a coat and put on the nearest pair of shoes she could find. She grabbed the papers, hastily stuffed them in an envelope, and grabbed her keys; her mind set on the adventure at hand.

From what she had seen, she finally believed what she had been hearing her entire life. Lionel Luthor really was the devil.

NS Senior Member Senior Member autumngold's Avatar
    Wow! Two updates!! I'm really enjoying this story!! Will Lex want to see Chloe when she comes with info on his dad? He should realize that Chloe would never treat him the way Helen did!! I can't wait to read your next chapter!! :chlexsign1:

Wow, this is a great story! I think you capture Chloe and Lex's characters very well.

I'm really curious to find out what those pictures are of. And I can't wait to see Chloe and Lex face each other after the *kiss*.

Please update soon!

PHD in Procrastination Senior Member vardaquareien's Avatar
    This fic continues to be fabulous! And two updates...I lurv you!!! :love: Loved the whipped cream and naughty shenaningans in chap 4 and the kiss in chap 5 was just sublime!!! I can't wait to find out what the pictures are of so update soon! Please?

NS Senior Member Senior Member Béatrice's Avatar
    Lex doesn't need to be afraid. Chloe is different from Helen.
    1- She's blonde whereas Helen was dark-haired.
    2- Chloe is sincere as regards her feelings. It wasn't the case with Helen.
    3- One is good :biggrin: whereas the other one is bad.

What does Chloe have to show ?
    Please update soon! :worship2:

Spunky Chick Senior Member hfce's Avatar
    NOOOOOOOOO You cant stop there. This is so goood. I love how each chapter builds on itself. Please update nowwwwww....

Hope :chlexsign2:
    "Everyone seems normal until you get to know them. "

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information