Page 12 of 32 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: The Bachelor (R)

ladymichelle
    Just a Guest!
    I love this story, please update!
    :worship2: :worship2: :worship2:

Michelle

NS Senior Member Senior Member autumngold's Avatar
    Thank you for all of your wonderful stories and updates!! :biggrin: Have a wonderful New Years!! arty: arty2: :dance:

Luthor's Power Senior Member Sab_Luthor's Avatar
    ummm please you have to update
    please i need an update :worship2: :worship2: :worship2:
    i beg you :crygreen: :crygreen: update soon :crygreen: :crygreen:

please update soon
    :chlexsign4:

[COLOR=red][SIZE=7]Update please,please,please,please,please,please,please,p lease,please,please,please,please,please,please,pl ease,please,please,please,please,please,please,PLE ASE!!!!!!!!!&# 33;!!!
    I love this story :chlexsign3: You are wonderful :worship2: :worship2: :worship2:

scifichick774
    Just a Guest!
    A/N: The beginning of this chapter flips back and forth between the next evening, which is the current time, and the previous day, which is in italics. Hopefully it won’t be too confusing to follow.

~*~*~*~*~

The following evening…

“Honestly…I don’t know,” Chloe said, sighing and then raking her hands through her hair before she adjusted her sitting position in front of the camera.

Alone in the large confessional room that the show had set up for the women to rant or rave about the experiences they were having, it still wasn’t enough privacy for Chloe to voice the feelings that she was having trouble admitting to herself.

“I’m thinking that this whole thing was a bad idea,” she continued. “I just had this…urge…to bring Lucy’s ego down a few notches. I’ve had to deal with so many women like her in my life; one who basically stole the only guy I’ve ever really loved just by being the small town princess and batting her eyelashes at him; and…” Chloe trailed off with a release of breath. “This is going to sound so petty – because it *is* - but I think I wanted to get even, you know? I wanted to show someone who usually gets any guy she wants that women who don’t look like they’re twelve years old forever can get the guy too, but it really had nothing to do with Lucy herself at all. And now…”

Chloe looked away from the camera and when she turned back, her eyes were cast downward.

“I think I’m in over my head.”

Lucy fumed. She had been nothing less than thrilled when she saw Chloe leave the house with her bags. The passionate kiss that Chloe had planted on Lex was nothing compared to what *she* was capable of, especially since her only real competition had to quit the show for personal reasons.

Not that she ever got the chance.

No.

Lex had practically chased after the blonde woman like she - and the other contestants – were completely irrelevant. And things were only getting worse as the time progressed.

They were supposed to be on a ‘group date’, damn it! Not a ‘watch the prize act like a lovesick schoolboy while ignoring everyone but Chloe’ date.

Lucy snarled. It made her sick and it made her jealous, but most of all, it made her angry.

Chloe and Lex were kissing – *again* - with no regard to anyone else’s feelings. Hell – with no regard to anyone else’s *existence*.

One of Lex’s hands pressed at Chloe’s back and the other tangled in her hair and tightly caressed the back of her head to keep her from pulling away.

“Ooh – cute,” a female voice cooed appreciatively, shaking Lucy from her thoughts.

She turned to see the other women on their group outing, all ignoring the seemingly happy couple in favor of sifting through racks of clothing in the expensive boutique that they had been taken to.

Lucy rolled her eyes. Either these women didn’t know how much Lex Luthor was worth, or they had simply given up on the fight to win him in favor of a little national camera time and a few outfits that they never would have been able to afford on their own.

Truth be told, if the bachelor had been some average shmuck without any money to back up his looks, then she may have considered doing the same. But the fact remained that it wasn’t somebody out to get their fifteen minutes of fame while supposedly looking for a fiancée that they probably could have found by just going to a dating service in the city they lived in; it was Lex Luthor.

Lucy squared her jaw as Chloe pretended the cameras didn’t exist and allowed Lex to back her into a dressing room. The door closed behind them and Lucy’s hands clenched into fists.

‘So, she’s gonna play dirty, huh? Fine. Let the games begin.’

Chloe was trembling and could only hope that it wouldn’t be visible on camera.

“He…” she paused and closed her eyes, disbelieving that she was even thinking about voicing the topic of her inner-most thoughts aloud for anyone and everyone to hear and judge her on. “I think I might be developing…feelings…for him,” she continued in quiet discomfort, concern edging her tone.

She wasn’t scared of people’s image of her, but of the words she was speaking.

Few people, if any, *really* knew Lex; and even though she hadn’t seen him in years, she was one of the people who came the closest.

There was a side to him that was almost opposite of the suave, charismatic persona that he presented to the outside world; a side that was dark and insane, that was cunning and ruthless; that was evil.

Chloe was scared because she knew it, had witnessed it first hand, and still found herself drawn to him. Her head lopped down limply between her shoulder blades as if in defeat. It didn’t matter. It wasn’t as if Lex was going to choose to keep her there again; not when he had to narrow his choices down to two finalists that night. After all, there was little point in her sticking around to make Lucy jealous if he didn’t choose Lucy – which he already said he wasn’t going to – now was there?

Her head sprung up at the sound of gunfire permeating the normally sound-resistant room and her eyes snapped to the door. Chloe could just barely hear screaming, and then what she assumed was yelling since she could make out that someone was talking, even if she couldn’t make out what was being said.

As impossible as it was, her heart seemed to freeze in place and pump wildly at the same time. She rose from her seat and took hesitant steps toward the locked door to see if she could find out what was going on without getting trapped in the middle of it like she did so many times back when she lived in Smallville.

She hunched down onto the floor and pressed her ear as close as she possibly could to the tiny crack underneath the door.

“Where is she?” she heard a male voice ask, sending a shiver down her spine.

She knew that voice; hours of watching and rewatching high quality digital surveillance tapes had permanently etched it into her mind.

‘It can’t be,’ she unsuccessfully tried to assure herself. Another gunshot rang out and Chloe flinched. ‘Okay, it can be. Damn.’

The Scarecrow was not known for his patience or for any kind of mercy when dealing with people who didn’t immediately give him whatever he was after. She couldn’t say she was heartbroken over the loss of anyone who was in the other room since they were all virtually strangers; but they were still people, and a lump lodged itself in her throat at the thought of anyone dying because of her.

“Last time I saw her, she was headed toward the bathroom down the hall.”

Chloe’s jaw clenched when she heard Lucy speak, but gave thanks that the bathroom the redhead was referring to was near the confession room she had actually gone into so the other woman made the wrong assumption. It might buy her a little time; not a lot, but a little; and that was better than nothing.

“Don’t aim that thing at me,” Lucy said indignantly, causing Chloe to go wide-eyed in disbelief at the woman’s stupidity. “*I’m* the one who saw the news clip of you asking about her on TV and called to tell you that she was on the island to begin with. You *owe* me.”

Chloe’s mouth dropped open in shock because of Lucy’s admission and she made a sudden amendment in her mind about feeling bad for anyone’s death. If her psychotic stalker decided to kill the conniving little bitch in the other room, then so be it. It would be fate, destiny…

“You *what*?!” a male voice hissed angrily.

The lump in Chloe’s throat fell to her stomach.

‘Lex,’ she thought worriedly. ‘God. He’s not supposed to be here for another hour. What is he ---” she trailed off when she noticed the time on her watch, indicating that she had been in the confession room longer than she thought she had been. “Crap,” she muttered under her breath. “He could run a little late? Just this once?”

She let out a breath and pushed herself to her feet, her eyes closing as she reached to unlock the lock on the door. Lucy was one thing, but she couldn’t let Lex be in danger because of her. The lock clicked and she opened the door, appearing suitably startled when she found herself at the barrel-end of an automatic rifle. She opened her mouth to speak, but was cut off by the practically giddy utterance of the minion pointing the gun at her.

“Found her, Boss!” he yelled out.

Chloe forced a confused expression on to her face so they wouldn’t think that she had been listening in the whole time, but it quickly morphed into an angry, disturbed look as the man grabbed harshly at her arm and tugged her over to the living room.

A smile spread across the Scarecrow’s lips at the sight of her; a smile that seemed…familiar – and not because of the hundreds of pictures she had seen of the man. Chloe frowned. Was it possible that she knew him outside of his costumed persona? Still, she couldn’t place him with just a smile, and figured that she’d need to play along if she and the people who hadn’t already been killed were to get out of there alive.

“Scarecrow,” she proclaimed with feigned surprise.

“Sweetheart,” the villain cooed.

“What are you doing here?”

“Retrieving you, of course,” he replied.

“Me?”

“I’ve got to say, I was horribly disappointed when I found out that you left me to try and marry a complete stranger,” the Scarecrow said. “Of course, he didn’t turn out to be a complete stranger, now did he?”

Chloe’s gaze flickered over to Lex and then back to the Scarecrow.

“I wouldn’t have left Gotham, but a friend of mine signed me up for the show without my knowledge,” she said, side-stepping the Scarecrow’s somewhat rhetorical question about her and Lex already knowing each other.

She briefly wondered if the man in front of her, if he could even be called that, was someone that she knew back in Smallville, but quickly wrote his knowledge off to the fact that Lucy had probably mentioned it during the conversation that spurred him into coming to the island.

The Scarecrow grinned and closed the space between them with a few long strides. He lovingly stroked her cheek with the back of one of his gloved hands.

“I knew it had to be something like that,” he said.

Tipping his head slightly to the side as he lowered it, he stilled his approach when Lex growled loudly from where he had been shoved to the floor against the wall.

“Don’t touch her!” Lex snapped.

“Lex!” Lucy reprimanded quietly from where she was seated.

The Scarecrow rolled his eyes. He hadn’t come there to be surrounded by shows of emotional theatrics. If he wanted that, then he would have stayed in the dumpy little town he had been raised in.

“You know, I never did like tattle-tales,” he said, raising the hand with his gun in it and aiming it at Lucy. Without any long-winded, threatening displays, he pulled the trigger and shot Lucy twice in the head. Gasps and a couple of whimpered screams sprung from people’s throats, but he ignored them and turned back to look at Lex. Motioning at the few remaining *alive* women in the room with his gun, he spoke. “Feel free to choose the next wife who will try to kill you out of the group I’ve so graciously narrowed down for you, Mr. Luthor. Now, if you’ll excuse me,” he said, lifting something from his pocket that looked like a small spray perfume bottle. He sprayed a mist in Chloe’s face and her eyes lolled back in her head before she fell unconscious into his waiting arms. “I have who I came here for.”

TBC…

katspell
    Just a Guest!
    ha, that Lucy b**** got exactly what she deserved.

Some one had better save Chloe.

Fic Tease Senior Member Blaire023's Avatar
    hmmm, wonder who the scarecrow could be...

and ha! The Scarecrow not only got who he came there for, he also just took away Lex's kissing buddy. And Lex'll be damned if he's gonna give up hot-lips just cuz some raggedy straw stuffed man says so.

...or maybe he'll shrug and pick out the woman who's the least whiniest and let Scarecrow take off with hot-lips. Afterall, he doesn't know she likes him in any way other than the kind you feign to make someone jealous. Not that he doesn't mind being used, cuz well, first of all, he's used to it, and second of all, it's hot-lips that's doing the using.

...did any of that make sense?

Enh....I go to bed now.

~B

Spunky Chick Senior Member hfce's Avatar
    Oh wow what are doing to me Kris? :crygreen: Please come back and tell me chloe will be ok.. Please....... :crygreen:

Hope :crygreen:
    "Everyone seems normal until you get to know them. "

Escapeism Artist Senior Member asharnanae's Avatar
    damn! now thats what I call a fic!! this is getting soooo good! :yay:

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information