+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Remember Me (PG-13) ch 6 is up now (completed)

NS Full Member
    "You and I, we’re just……. I mean are we……… we are just friends right and nothing more?"
    "Yeah." Lex whispers. "Just friends."
    "I just…… you know, every time I’m around you I just feel like…..you know, all…. You know….."
    Yeah Chloe, we know, we know. It’s kinda cute how even though she doesn’t really remember Lex she instinctively trusts him and believes he will protect her. Great story, Hickchick. :biggrin:

NS Senior Member Senior Member carebear72884's Avatar
    Great story, i cant wait to find out what happens next. I just hope its chlexy

NS Full Member
    *in a casual tone* So um, when might we be expecting an update?

Luthor's Power Senior Member Sab_Luthor's Avatar
    yay when
    i can't wait more
    please
    for god's sake please update

NS Full Member
    I like the chemistry between Lex and Chloe. This has potential to be a really good story. Please update soon.

:chlexsign3:

AN: Sorry I haven’t updated in a while. I had to make some important decisions about the story. Well anyway, I hope you like where I’m going with this one.

Also, i am writing a Chlark fic. It's called 'Super Chick'. If you'd like to read it, here is a link: http://www.fanfiction.net/read.php?storyid=1622510

thanks for all the reviews!

Ch 4

Chloe are Lex are at the school on their way out the door. The run into Lana in the hallway.

"Hey, where are you guys going?" questions Lana.

Chloe pulls Lana to the side. "Lex found someone who might be able to help me." Chloe whispers.

"That’s great" Lana says, a little louder than Chloe and Lex like.

"Shhhh" commands Chloe.

"Sorry." Lana says. "Can I come?"

"No, I need you to stay here and cover me."

"Chloe, your dad is going to kill me if I let you go off with someone, especially Lex."

"What’s wrong with Lex?"

"Nothing, except for the fact that he’s your dad’s boss."

"We really need to get going." Lex interrupts them.

Chloe looks at Lana with pleading eyes.

"Ok, but don’t stay gone too long."

"Thanks Lana." Chloe hugs her.

"Chloe, I hope it works."

"Me too."

Chloe and Lex leave the school and they go to a warehouse just outside of Smallville. They walk inside. It’s very cold and dark. There’s a chill in the air accompanied by an unusual smell. Chloe stays very close to Lex. She doesn’t want to admit it but she’s a little nervous. What if this man tells her that there is nothing he can do for her? What if she is stuck like this forever? Chloe’s thoughts are interrupted when a middle age man walks into the room.

"Hello Mr. Luthor." The man greets Lex. "Is this the victim?"

Lex nods. "This is Chloe Sullivan."

The man extends his hand to her. "Hi, I’m Dr. David Ross." She shakes his hand.

"Ok, let’s get started." Dr. Ross announces. "If you don’t mind I’d like to ask you a few questions."

"Um, sure." Chloe replies.

Chloe and Lex sit down in chairs across from where Dr. Ross is sitting. He has a clipboard in his hand.

"Chloe, how much do your remember about your life before you were shot with the dart?"

"Not much. I can’t remember any names or faces."

"I see." Dr. Ross makes a note on his clipboard. "Do you remember any skills that you’ve learned?"

"Such as?"

"Do you remember how to drive a car?"

"Yes"

"Do you have your own car?"

"Yes"

"After the incident did you remember what type of car you drove?"

"No, my roommate had to tell me."

"Is your car a stick shift?"

"Yes"

"And you can still remember how to drive it?"

"Yes. Why do I remember this and not other things?" questions Chloe.

"Because different information is stored in different parts of the brain. But only a certain part of your brain was affected. This is the part that controls the memory of short term information. Things like names, faces, phone numbers, e-mail addresses, and things of that nature. But not skills that you have learned and practiced."

"How are you going to correct this?" Chloe asks.

"I’m not sure yet. But I’m working on it."

"So what do you want me to do in the meantime? Just walk around in a daze and stare at people who love and care about me and I don’t even know who they are." Chloe starts to get frustrated.

"It’s ok Chloe, clam down." Lex soothes.

"I’m sorry. I’m just really confused about all that I’m going through."

"It’s quite understandable, but Chloe the best thing you can do is live your life as you normally would. Do the things you would normally do and hopefully your memory will come back to your in bits and pieces. I will continue to work on a antidote. But you have to stay strong Chloe. And don’t give up hope. Try to surround yourself with familiar things and people." Dr. Ross says.

Chloe nods. "Thank you Dr. for all your help"

Dr. Ross nods. "Your very welcome. Now, before you leave I need to get a blood sample." He stands up to retrieve the things he will need.

"You ok?" asks Lex with concern.

"I’m fine." Chloe replies as she wipes a few tears from her eyes.

Lex takes her hand. "It’s going to be ok. I’m here for you."

"Thanks Lex."

Dr Ross returns. He sits down in front of Chloe as he puts on his gloves. He ties a band around her upper arm. He then rubs an alcohol pad on her arm. Chloe squeezes Lex hand and looks away as he takes the blood from her arm. When the Dr. is done he announces that they are free to go.

"I’ll be in touch Mr. Luthor." Dr. Ross says as Chloe and Lex are leaving.

"Thank you for everything." Lex shakes his hand.

Chloe and Lex go back to his car.

"Now what?" announces Chloe when they have returned to the car.

"Well I think we need to find out why my father did this. I mean the information that you found out about him must have been something really big or he wouldn’t go to such great lengths to keep you quiet." Lex says.

"What do you think it is?"

"I don’t know, but I’d be willing to bet that it has something to do with Morgan Edge."

"Who’s Morgan Edge?"

"He’s the most infamous crime lord that Metropolis has ever seen. He’s supposedly dead."
    "Supposedly?" Chloe raises her eyebrows.

"They never found his body so we can’t really say for sure. The search was inconclusive."

"Oh" Chloe replies. "Well I’ll go through some of my old notes and files and see if I can find anything."
    "I’ll help you. I mean, if you want me to."

"I’d love for you to help me." Chloe smiles at him.

"We’re here." Lex announces as he pulls up in front of Chloe’s house.

Chloe doesn’t get out. She just sits there.

"Do you want me to walk you to the door? I will if you want me to but I must warn you that your dad might kill me."

"I wish I didn’t have to go inside. I wish we could just run away together. We could meet new people and make new friends. And I would remember their names. And everything would be perfect."

"Chloe, I think that your dad and friends would miss you. They need you."

"I know." She whispers.

She starts to get out of the car. Lex grabs her by the arm. He looks into her eyes. "I really do care about you Chloe." He leans in and kisses her passionately.

"I care about you too Lex."

He smiles at her. "I’ll see you tomorrow Chloe."

She gets out. She opens her mouth to say something.

"And I promise I’ll let you know as soon as I hear from Dr. Ross." Says Lex, knowing exactly what she was going to say.

"Thanks, bye Lex."

He watches her walk inside before he drives of.

When Chloe walks inside she finds her dad waiting for her.

"Where have you been?" questions Gabe.

Chloe glances at Lana who is standing on the stairs. Lana mouths the worry "sorry" to Chloe.

"Hello? I asked you a question." Gabe says when Chloe doesn’t respond.

"Uhhhh……..I don’t remember."

"Very funny." Says Gabe. "Seriously, where were you?"

"Um, We – I mean I was at school working on that paper that I do."

"The Torch" Lana reminds her.

"Yeah! That’s it, the Torch."

"Oh I see, and you needed Lex to help you with that?" questions Gabe with an intimidating tone.

"He just gave me a ride, is that against the law?" Chloe snaps. "I’m sorry dad. I won’t do it again."

"Ok, but I don’t want you going off with anyone but Lana and myself. Is that clear?"

"Yes." Chloe replies.

"Chloe, I just want you to be safe. Especially after what happened."

"I know dad."

"I love you sweetheart."

Chloe just nods. Gabe leaves the room.

"I’m so sorry, I tired to-"

"It’s ok" Chloe cuts off Lana. "I’m just glad I didn’t get in trouble."

"So, how did it go?" Lana asks.

"Fine, he’s going to call Lex as soon as he knows anything."

"That’s good."

"Yeah" Chloe agrees. "Lana, do I ever discuss any Torch related cases with you?"
    "Not really, why?"

"I just need to find out some information about something. I can go through some of my old stuff tomorrow and see if I can dig up anything."

Lana nods. "So what’s going on with you and Lex?" Lana asks.

"Nothing."

"Nothing?"

"We’re just friends."
    "Uh-huh." Lana says sarcastically as see walks up the stairs.

"What? We are!" says Chloe as she follows her.

The two girls giggle on the way to their rooms to settle in for the night.

AN: Ok, here it is! Tell me what ya think!

Ch 5 coming soon!

Spunky Chick Senior Member hfce's Avatar
    Great update. But one question. Why not let Gab know about maybe finding a cure? Why is that secret ?

Hope
    "Everyone seems normal until you get to know them. "

NS Full Member
    Yay, you updated! Gotta love the Chlex bonding. But yeah, why is Chloe keeping the search for a cure thing secret from Gabe. Maybe if he knew what they were doing he wouldn't be so suspicious about them going off together. Then they could go off and "research" as often and as many times as they needed to. :tongue:

scifichick774
    Just a Guest!
    I'm guessing that the amnesia doc isn't the most...reputable man around - hence the reason for not telling Gabe. It does seem odd that Gabe wouldn't have been more protective directly after the incident though, and that it just took seeing her with Lex to spark that parental concern. Looking forward to seeing where you take this.

NS Senior Member Senior Member autumngold's Avatar
    Lucky, lucky Chloe! She got to kiss Lex!! What is Lionel going to do to her when he finds out she is still snooping about Morgan Edge? Especially now that Gabe is trying to keep her away from Lex! Great chapter!! Please update soon, I can't wait for the next chapter!! :chlexsign4:

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information