+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A Challenge From David - City of LIghts and Love (PG-13)

NS Full Member

A Challenge From David - City of LIghts and Love (PG-13)

I wrote this a while ago---and yes, I know that Chloe lost her virginity but in this case, it was sex more than making love. Hence, this is her first at making love----with you know who. Enjoy.

Title: A Challenge From David - "City of Lights and Love"

Author: PMD

e-mail: mary.davidson@sympatico.ca

Rating: PG-13 (language)

Category: Friendship, Chlex, Clana, Jason/Lana (very briefly), Chloe's POV, AU

Spoilers: Anything is fair game up to Gone and speculation beyond, for Smallville.

Summary: Chloe visits Paris.

Disclaimer: To whomever owns Smallville, its characters, Sabrina (the remake), Paris, De La Vie En Rose, Friday the 13th and a character from it, I'm just borrowing them, will give them back, not making any money with their use in this piece, so don't sue me.

Archive: Exclusive to BtS, BT2, Electricchlex, N.S. Forums, SPP, A_Talon_Affair, and WBFFZ.

Author Notes: For David who challenged my muse. And thanks to Kris for her looking over this piece. Enjoy. Challenge elements at the end.

Challenge From David - "The City Of Lights And Love" - by PMD

Near Future

Outdoor Cafe in Paris

I sit before my computer, answering an e-mail to my dad. He knows I needed to get away---away from the mooning looks Clark heaped upon Lana; away from the disapproving looks of Lex when he looked at her paramour and his worried looks at her.

Man, is Lana the only woman in the world of Smallville. I love the girl but---Hello! Blonde over here. Change my hairstyle and still they don't notice, unless I've got a computer in front of me and I'm looking for information for them.

I feel a breeze pass by and let out a sigh. It's just not the same---being in Paris by myself is so depressing now. I had enjoyed the City of Lights for a while but now, I needed to find out if this magical City of Love could help me before my heart hardened.

I have a heart---a heart that yearns for love, even though it also shies away from it. What am I going to do now to find it?

"You could share a coffee with me?"

I look up and shade my eyes. I stare into the familiar blue of them and raise an eyebrow.

"You can't afford your own coffee, Luthor?" I quip.

"Now you know why I'm part owner of the Talon," he quips back.

"I missed that," I state, with a smile.

"Our banter or my company?" he queries, with a similar smile.

"Both! What are you doing here, Luthor?"

He sits down and gives me a slight smirk. "I'm here on business."

"Oh, that's nice. What sort of business? Trying to get a company for Lexcorp?"

"No, I'm here to bring you home."

All right---didn't see that one coming.

~

"What?" I ask him.

He stares at me and gestures to the computer. "Your father misses you; we all miss you."

"My father gets updates every day and as to you idiots in Smallville, you have a funny way of showing that you even know I'm there, when I'm there. Why should you miss me at all except maybe you need me to find information on Jason so you can make your move on Lana?"

"Me and Lana?"

He leans over to touch my forehead. "No fever. So, why such a leap of stupidity with that remark?"

He backs away and I close the computer. "You always look so worried--like maybe you missed the boat with her," I sigh out.

I move the computer to the side and he takes my hand, grasping it gently.

"Chloe, listen to me. That look of worry is because I don't want *my friend* to get hurt, like another was long ago, by this man. I know him---hell I was him years ago. But I grew up and found friends. If there is one good thing my father did in my life, it was to send me to Smallville to meet them. And for the record, I'm trying to find information on him so that she'll go back to the one meant for her; Clark."

I give him a sad smile and he sighs.

"God, I'm sorry---forgive me, Chloe. I know how you feel about Clark---"

"It's okay, Lex. I'm getting over him, day by day. I'll just call it a learning experience and move on."

His smile widens. "Now that's a revelation I can get my head around. Chloe---could you---?"

"Find some information for you to use to get Lana away from Jason? Already done! If you want to come back to my hotel room and---"

"---see your sketches?" he quips.

"You know, maybe I missed you more than your bantering skills cause they suck big time, Luthor."

"Well, I didn't have a good banter partner when you came here."

"Clark doesn't cut it?"

"I love the boy but his skills in that area is non-existent. So---shall we go?"

I nod my head, opening the laptop again and sending my e-mail. Then I turn it off, close it, and put it in the carrying case and look at him, expectedly.

"You want me to pay when I never got one?"

"No; just whistle for the waiter---men get faster service."

He does that, I pay, and we're off, him carrying his briefcase and me my computer one.

"My God, I didn't think it was this dark. That cafe has the brightest lights I've ever seen."

He snakes his arm around my waist and pulls me close as we walk. "That's why they call it the City of Lights, I guess."

I look up and smile at his calm countenance on his face. "You look---rested. Good day at the office."

He looks down at me and smiles. "Any day away from dealing with my father is a good day at the office."

"I bet," I state, looking ahead.

We're moving towards the river that lazily flows by Paris. I lead him to its edge and we look at it---dark in the fading light but just as beautiful.

"Chloe?"

I move away from him, the lamplight shining on his handsome face. "Yes, Lex?"

"Why did you come to Paris? Wouldn't that remind you of Lana and home?"

I look away, out at the river once more, contemplating my answer to him.

I feel his hand on my arm and he leans in, whispering, "You don't have to answer."

I shiver from his touch and think, it's the City of Love ---it's just the spell I'm under and not that I have feelings for him at all.

"Lex, I want to answer it."

He moves away and I turn to stare at him, standing straight, looking at the river. I touch him and he turns to look at me. I stare into his blue eyes and start to talk.

"One of the reasons that I came here was that Paris is the city of lights and I needed a light bright enough to chase away the demons within."

He moves closer, his hand gently stroking my cheek. "And did it work?"

"No---not until I saw you a few minutes ago."

"Ahhhh---so you came a long way from home to find out you only needed to come see me."

"No---you had to come too, to escape the darkness your father thrust upon you---you needed the lights to give you strength and courage to fight again."

"No, I needed to find you, to give me that, Chloe."

I'm startled and he mistakes that for being not interested. He lets out a sigh and looks at the water again. Then his gaze is upon me again.

"If I jumped into the water, would you dive in to save me?"

No, it's not the magic of the city that's caused me to change my feelings for him at this very moment---it's him and his plea for help to survive his demons. It's him and his compassion that survives even while being a Luthor at heart. It's him coming to find me to bring me home to my father and my friends and yet he leaves himself out of the equation. It's---him.

"I would climb the tallest mountain and jump into infested waters to save you, Lex."

His smile is small and genuine. I lean up and kiss him gently on the lips.

I'm about to pull away when he kisses me back, deepening it to the point we both moan. As we back away---we see another couple pass us by.

They smile, no words spoken---the language of love always being gestures and touches only. In the distance we hear De La Vie En Rose and I smile.

He backs away and takes my hand. "Where too, My Lady?"

"This way, my gallant gentleman."

We walk towards the hotel that Lana suggested. Would he be surprised to know that another reason I came here was to experience what Sabrina came for and what her gentleman friend experienced at the end of the remake---finding themselves. And imagine that---the man's name was Lionel---Lex would have been so much better.

~

The Next Morning

I feel a warm body, pressed against me. Thank you, God, it wasn't a dream.

I open my eyes and stare at a man at peace with himself and the world. I smile at that before I snuggle closer and hear a sigh from him.

"Morning," I hear a sleepy voice say.

I look up. "Faker."

His eyes crack open. "How can I sleep with you moving all the time."

"Oh, did I hurt you?"

He leans down and kisses my forehead. "No, not at all---it felt heavenly having you in my arms last night and this morning. Chloe---did you---"

"Wow---an insecure Lex Luthor."

I want to take back the words when I see his frown.

"Lex, you were incredible for my first and last partner in making love."

He smirks at me, a gentle one. "I knew it."

"Gee, big ego---it's a wonder all three of us fit in this bed."

I laugh at his look before I get out of bed, grabbing my dressing gown off of the chair. "Where are you going?"

"Over to the window to watch the sunrise."

"Ahhhhh---romantic!"

I turn around to see an adorable man in bed. "Must be to be in love with you."

I turn around again, embarrassed. I didn't mean to say it so soon. Every time I did it---revealed my feelings for Clark too fast, I would get hurt. I look heavenward and pray it doesn't happen again.

I hear a rustle behind me and think, once more, it's over. Chloe Sullivan has lost the brass ring that Lana keeps hitting, without trying. I let out a sigh and walk closer to the window---small in stature but still giving a great view. Just like me, I guess.

I let out a shiver when I feel a hand on my shoulder. Then it leaves and I feel his arms around my waist. I feel the sheets he has slung around his body and sigh.

"You didn't turn away," I whisper, a tear rolling down my cheek.

He leans in and whispers, "I'm not Clark."

He backs away and I turn around, going into his arms. "Nope---only one Clark in this world. So---?"

"I'm not running away because of your confession, Chloe. I've decided that three is the charm and for the record, I love you too."

I back away and forget all about the sun rising to greet all, as I partake of a greeting that only two people share can share---an intimate kiss.

As he leads me back to the bed, the sheet is abandoned, as is the dressing gown. As we start the age-old dance, I hear a persistent ringing.

"Ah---your cell is calling to you, Lex."

He's nibbling down my neck, murmuring, "Let it ring---I'm kind of busy at the moment."

I reluctantly back away from him. "But it might be important."

"Probably my father---come back here," he demands.

"Not until you answer the darn phone."

"All right," he growls, moving away from me and into the pocket of his jacket, on the floor beside him.

"Hello!" he barks. "Clark?"

I lean close to him as he brings the cell up so we can both hear.

'Lex, I have a problem.'

He rolls his eyes and I have to smile. Even across the ocean, Mr. Kent can find him and interrupt something important. Our curse when it came to Clark.

"Okay---what's wrong, Clark?"

'What's right? I'm---it's just---'

"I know, you want Lana back. Clark, I ran into Chloe yesterday and she's got some information on Jason. Want her to send it to you right now?"

'She's there---but---oh---'

I bet he's blushing right now.

Lex has to smile at this and I answer with one of my own.

"Yes, she is. In fact, you interrupted us with this call---but I won't hold that against you. After all, anticipation of what we did last night is just as good as doing it again---and again---and again."

"Tease," I whisper to him.

He gives me a small smirk.

'Lex---if I'm---'

"No, it's okay, Clark. She's getting up and sending you the information---might take a while---she has to type it in."

"No, I don't," I state, grabbing the dressing gown as I get out of bed. "You have heard of copy and paste, right?"

"Clark---she's sending it right now. Hang in there, Buddy. We'll get that man out of her life and you back in, if it's the last thing we do. For if Chloe and I can get together and the world doesn't explode, anything is possible."

I hear a chuckle from the man and smile, letting that aspersion go by. I walk over, open my computer, and send the information.

I hear a gasp from Lex. "Really? That good. No, we were kind of busy last night for me to look at it, Clark."

I turn off the computer and put the disc of information away. I join him once more and start to kiss him along his neck, which causes him to shiver.

"Clark, I have to go. Yes, I'll do that---bye."

He closes his cell and puts it on the night table. Then he turns to me and kisses me, passionately. Then---the ringing starts again---only this time, it's my cell.

We both let out a sigh as I lean over and pick it off the floor. I look at the display:

"Lana," I sigh out.

~

I look over at him and see a shrug. "Yeah, I know---I have to answer it."

I open up my cell and he leans over, brushing a piece of my hair behind my ears. I groan and I then feel his lips on my earlobe, which causes another groan.

'Chloe---are you all right?'

I turn and glare at him. He just gives me a wicked grin.

'Chloe? Are you there?'

"Yes, Lana I am. Just had to deal with a pest."

'Lex is there, I take it.'

Our eyes widen. Wow, she's perceptive---too much so.

"How'd you---?"

'Just a wild guess. Hey, Lex.'

"Hello, Lana. So, why---?"

'---did I call Chloe. Chloe, I need help.'

"What's wrong?"

'Well, see, Jason is pushing me into something---'

"This something wouldn't have to do with first times, would it?" I ask.

'How'd you know---'

"Lana, it's the nature of the beast sometimes---especially with Jason."

'You never liked him, Chloe!'

"That doesn't matter---what matters is that you are wondering whether to do it or not. And saying he's pushing you into it makes me think you're not ready to do it or to do it with him."

'Chloe---Lex, you're experienced. What do you think?'

"I think she's right, Lana. I think what you should do is wait for us to come home and, well---"

'You looked into him, didn't you?'

"Chloe did and if you are angry about it, we're both sorry. But we're doing it---"

'---to protect me. Because you are my friends. I know and I appreciate it. And I'll wait till you two come home. At least Clark---'

"Ah, Chloe back. Lana---Clark kinda knows."

'About Jason pushing me into it?'

"No, about the information on Jason. If he comes around---"

'---I'll tell him we're not to discuss it until you two get back. Chloe?'

"Yes?"

'Was the first time making love for you worth the wait?'

I look at Lex and smile. "Well, why don't you ask the man yourself?"

'Lex and you! Oh My God---Chloe was it---'

"Like I went to Heaven and came back to Earth."

'Awwwww.'

We hear a sob and then a deep sigh.

'That's---I'm so happy for you, Chloe. You too, Lex. And don't you dare break her heart because if you do, I'll kick your butt and you know I can.'

"Yes, Ma'am," he quips.

'Well, I guess I better let you two go and get ready to come back. Give the Seine my love. And, guys?'

"Yes?"

'Thanks for the help---love you both. Bye.'

I close my cell and put it on the nightstand.

"To the Heavens and back? Really?"

"Don't go getting all smug, Luthor. After all, I have nothing to set this against---for all I know, you were, adequate."

"Adequate? Like hell," he growls, pulling me close and devouring my lips.

Well, we do have a bit of time to kill, I think, as we start the dance again, no interruptions this time, I pray.

~

Company Jet

I look out the window and sigh. "Good bye, Paris. I came to find myself and I did."

"With the help of me," Lex says, sitting beside me.

I lean into him. "With the help of Love and the City of Lights and Love, I found myself."

I sense his smile and have to return it, as we both look out the window.

After the take-off, we start to talk about what we're going to do to get those two together. Finding out all the nasty stuff about Jason was only the beginning.

I snicker, realizing the first thing I didn't like about the Asshole.

"What?" Lex asks.

"Ah---just remembering why I didn't like Jason at first."

"Too pushy?"

"No---just his name. Jason---as in Jason from Friday the 13th."

He chuckles at that. "So, think we should get him a goalie mask?"

"And scare all the cows---no."

I let out a yawn and sigh. "Sorry."

"I wore you out."

"That you did," I reply, as I close my eyes and fall into a dream-filled sleep of parties, engagements, and weddings. And not only mine.

~

The Fortress of Solitude

"Clark? Are you up there?" Lex yells up.

We walk up the steps and see him sitting there, pondering.

"Clark, are you okay?"

He looks up at us. "Hey, guys. You're back."

"Well, his vision is okay---just not his hearing. Which means---"

"---which means he's got it bad, my love," Lex finishes.

Clark gets up, a lopsided grin on his face. "So, it's finally happened."

"What?" we both ask.

"Lex has overcome the curse of the brunettes to find the woman he was destined to be with. I'm happy for you guys."

He walks over and pulls us both into a hug. "Really happy for you," he sighs out.

We back away, looking at each other and coming to the same conclusion, without saying a word. I open my cell.

"Lana, we're back and at Clark's loft. Yes, come on over and bring the other person with you, so we can confront him with the evidence. Bye."

I close it and see Clark nod. "The time is now for truth to be told."

We nod.

"Guys, I have something I want to tell you before they come. Please, don't hate me."

And thus, we found out about who and what Clark was. Course, it stirred the memories of Lex and how he knew, once upon a time. Me, I was stunned but then remembered a time---the year we all met Lex, and saying---'He's the real Superboy'. Or something to that effect. And I honestly can say now, I was wrong, because the truly 'Superboy' was in front of us, his humility, humanity, and caring nature made him that, not the powers he possessed. Then it hits me:

"I know, don't I, Clark? I mean I knew but I forgot, like Lex forgot."

"Yes," he answers, a little hesitantly. "Chloe, Lex---you still like me, right?"

We look at each other and then him. "Yes, we do, Clark. But please, don't keep anything this important from us again. We can handle it---we're your friends," Lex answers.

We hug him once more. Then we hear a clearing of the throat and the words, "We're here."

We turn to see the woman we're going to save and the enemy beside her.

"Hello, Lana---Jason. We need to talk."

~

Well, I let the boys talk and take Lana over to my computer and the information that I put into it.

"Lana, I'm sorry---"

"It's okay, Chloe. I can handle it."

She stared at the computer screen for a few minutes, shock entering her eyes. Then fury; I've never seen anybody so angry in my life. I backed away.

"Maybe this wasn't such a---"

"Yes, it was a good idea. Jason!"

She turns around and glares at the man walking towards her.

"What's wrong, Lana?" he asks, standing in front of her.

Her hand slaps him soundly, leaving a red mark. The other men walk closer to us, both looking worried for her sanity, as was I.

"You BASTARD!"

"What the hells wrong with you?"

"What's wrong with me is that I have the worst taste in men. You were using me to get to Lex."

"What? That's a lie."

"No it's not---it's in black and white over there in the computer. Chloe has all the information."

He glares at me. "You Bitch!" he states, walking up to me now, hand raised to slap me.

He only gets so far when Lex walks up and spins him around with a grasp of the arm. "Don't you dare hit a lady in my presence. If you do, they will have to identify you by your dental records. Now get the hell out of our presence before I forget I'm a gentleman."

"This isn't the end of this, Luthor!"

Lex leans in more and growls, "Yes it is. For if you even come near these ladies, I will make sure that every paper in this country has the story of a man who went with a student while he was a teacher. That certainly won't look good in a resume, would it."

"You'll be taking down Lana too."

"But it will be worth it," Lana states. "Now, I would take his advice and leave. You don't want to know how angry he can get."

"She's speaking the truth," Clark adds.

Lex smirks at him. "You come after my friends, you better know how to play hardball."

He looks at us all and smirks. "Ahhhh---but I do---as my employer can attest too---Lionel ring a bell, Lex?"

Lex is still smirking and Jason takes a double take but gains his resolve at the end.

"You don't seem surprised, Luthor."

"Oh, Chloe found that out too. You can't keep anything hidden from her---which explains why I was nervous around her in the early days. Give dear old dad my best and tell him, he'll have to get up real early to pull a fast one on my friends and me. Now leave, before I toss you off the loft."

"You wouldn't dare."

"Try me!" Lex growls, walking closer to him.

He glares at Lex once more and then at the rest of us, before he walks to the stairs. Then he turns. "Oh, and Clark?"

"Yes?"

"I believe Chloe forgot to tell you one other thing that I was trying to do for Lex's father."

They turn to me and I have a sad look on my face. "He was using Lana to find out about you too, Clark. I just thought---"

"It's okay, Chloe. And you would have been right; I'm not sure if I could have waited until you came home to confront him, if you had told me that."

We watch as he walks up to Jason. "I won't hit you because I know you're about to get worse from Lionel, because you failed. Leave and never come back or I will rethink my decision!" he states, coldly.

We see Jason lose his composure again, for a split second. And then he turns around and leaves.

"He's nervous," I reply, walking up to Lex. "I know that look---he's scared for his life and what your father might do."

He lets out a sigh. "I know but he brought it on himself."

"I did too. Why'd you help me?"

His smile is genuine. "Because you were my friend back then."

"Awwww---thanks, Lex," I state, leaning up to kiss him.

"Lana, we need to talk."

We place our attention on our friends. "We'll leave you to it, Clark," Lex states, taking my hand.

We head towards the stairs and turn around. "Lana?" I query.

"Yes?"

"Listen with your heart and not only your head, okay?"

"Okay."

We walk done the stairs, his arm around my waist.

"They'll make it?" I ask him.

"We did---they'll do it too. Now, we have to plan how we'll be dealing with dear old dad with this last transgression. What do we have to get back at him with? To make sure he doesn't send anybody else after the four of us."

"Well, there is that little thing of him cloning people," I state.

He looks at me. "I forgot about that. Chloe, I missed this."

"What?"

"Plotting the demise of our mutual enemy."

"And protecting our friends. Yeah, me too."

~

LuthorCorp Towers

As we get out of the limo, I smile at the other couple coming.

Lana was upset that Clark hadn't told her about himself from the beginning but then, it sunk in. It was for her own protection. Unfortunately, it almost didn't work. Maybe staying away from Lana period would have been better. But I know that would have hurt her and Clark. And now it's a moot point.

Lionel used Jason to get to Lana and hurt his son and get any information on Clark. But that plan was over. And Lana knew about Clark and still loved him. Imagine that---she still loved you, Farm Boy. Don't blow it!

As Lex and I stand there, watching the two dusting off the imaginary lint and straightening the clothes, we know they won't blow it. They have too much to lose now.

"Ain't love grand," Lex whispers in my ear.

"Yes, old man, it is, at any age," I snicker.

I turn around to look at his face. It's got the customary smirk on it. "So, I'm robbing the cradle with you?"

"No---I'm an old soul, so I'm older than my years. Besides, 6 years ain't that big a chasm for love."

"That's true--and you are of age. So---"

He leans down and gives me a quick kiss. I turn back around and smile at the other's kissing.

"Ah guys---fun later. Now to business."

They back away, blushing. "Oh look, Lex, we're got them blushing," I quip.

"Enough with the verbal judo, Chlo. Now's the time to take down my father, once and for all. And I hate to disagree with you, but I think we're going to have fun doing it."

"For once, I don't mind you disagreeing," I reply, as we all head into the building and towards Lionel's office.

~

Lionel's Office

Lex storms past the secretary, leaving us in the dust. He pushes the door open.

"FATHER!"

We walk into the room just in time to see Lionel turning around in his chair.

"Ahhhh---I've been waiting for you, Son. I see you brought reinforcements."

Lex glances around. "So, where's your stoolie, Father? Kill him already?"

"No---sent him back to his Mommy."

"Ah---getting soft in your old age, old man?"

"Son, his mother will take care of the idiot. Just like I will take care of you and your friends."

Lex turns around and gestures that I join him.

"Hello, MB," I say.

"Hello, Ms. Sullivan. Glad to see you again---and survived your almost downfall."

"Yeah, right, whatever. I'm not here to talk about what happened to me in the past---I'm here to tell you that nothing will happen to me or my friends in the future---at least by you."

"Oh, and how will you stop that, young lady?"

"This," I state, throwing a piece of paper at him.

He picks it up and starts to read---turning pale at the end. He looks up.

"You have the proof?"

"Evidently we do, Father."

"But---how?"

"Did I happen to mention I have friends in low places," I reply.

He glares at me, dropping the paper on the desk and coming around it. He's almost to me when Clark and Lex stand in front, to protect me.

"Gentlemen, could you please move?" Lana asks.

They move away and Lana comes up to join me. "Mr. Luthor, I don't believe we've met. My name is Lana Lang and I want to thank you for bringing Jason into my life. If you hadn't, I wouldn't know a bad boyfriend from the good one I had."

He snickers. "From what I understand, you wouldn't know a good joke from a bad one."

"Oh, I do---you being the bad one. I want to make you a promise, Mr. Luthor. If you send anybody else around to get information from me, I'll be sending him to the hospital, with the help of my friend standing beside me. We'll send you the room number."

"Brave words for such a little lady."

"Good things come in small packages, you Asshole," I state.

He turns to me and walks closer, glaring at me. "Watch your tongue, Miss."

"You don't scare me, Mr. Luthor. I pity you. You don't have friends and wouldn't know what to do with one if you did. However, your little plan to distance Lex from his didn't work. And I promise you, it won't work anymore either. We know what you are; you are the evil that tries to destroy all that is good and right and just. And we won't listen to you anymore---we won't even give you the time of day. Begone, Devil---you're not needed anymore."

He looks beyond me to Lex. "Having this little imp of a girl stand up for you, Son? That's pretty pathetic."

"You are, Father, because you can't fight a little imp of a girl."

He moves away from us. Then:

"Mr. Luthor, I owe you something."

"What's that, Ms. Lang?"

"This!" she says, before she slaps him on the face.

He's about to do the same when I get in his face. "Oh, I wouldn't do that, Mr. Luthor. That would constitute reason to give the press all the information I have gathered on you. Lionel, how does it feel to be living in a cage, when you are supposedly free?"

He snorts at me and moves away. The guys join us.

"Not nice knowing you, Father. I'll be seeing you in the boardroom, when LexCorp comes to call."

We leave the room, and run for the elevator. As it goes down, I turn to Lex.

"You know, I went to the City of Lights and Love to find inspiration and a love that could be mine and mine alone. Thank you for being that for me, Lex."

"Thank you for being the answer for me too, Chloe," he replies, leaning down to kiss me.

We back away.

"And thanks for getting the two of us back together and insisting that Clark tell me his secret," Lana says.

"You're welcome," we both state, as the door opens up and we leave the dark, dank building behind.

And as we move into the sunlight, I look up and sigh. It's good to be home. But I will miss Paris---the city that led me to the man who will always be there for others and me. And love me till the day I die.

The End.

The Challenge Elements are:

Place: Paris

Object: a heart

Four words: forgiveness, love, sharing, revelation

Red face Re: A Challenge From David - City of LIghts and Love (PG-13)

Quote Originally Posted by PMD
    He leans down and kisses my forehead. "No, not at all---it felt heavenly having you in my arms last night and this morning. Chloe---did you---"

"Wow---an insecure Lex Luthor."

I want to take back the words when I see his frown.

"Lex, you were incredible for my first and last partner in making love."

He smirks at me, a gentle one. "I knew it."

"Gee, big ego---it's a wonder all three of us fit in this bed."
    I loved this, very nice and funny

Quote Originally Posted by PMD
    I laugh at his look before I get out of bed, grabbing my dressing gown off of the chair. "Where are you going?"

"Over to the window to watch the sunrise."

"Ahhhhh---romantic!"

I turn around to see an adorable man in bed. "Must be to be in love with you."
    That was soo sweet, I miss this sweetness in Chlex fanfiction lately.Very good

NS Full Member

Re: A Challenge From David - City of LIghts and Love (PG-13)

Hey Kikina:

So glad you enjoyed it, sweetie.

1. Yep, I love to do verbal banter and add a little humor in---heehee.

2. Awwww---I'm glad you enjoyed the humor in the first and the sweetness in the other, sweetie. My muse is all about that---she kinda shy's away from too much angst and I guess I do too. But there is some good angst pieces out there too and on this list. Just will never read them cause she might leave me and that ain't a good idea.

Mrs Dean Winchester Senior Member pipersmum's Avatar

Red face Re: A Challenge From David - City of LIghts and Love (PG-13)

This was really lovely to read, very romantic in places although I did wonder about Chloe's sanity when I read this bit!!
    "Ah---your cell is calling to you, Lex."

He's nibbling down my neck, murmuring, "Let it ring---I'm kind of busy at the moment."

I reluctantly back away from him. "But it might be important."

"Probably my father---come back here," he demands.

"Not until you answer the darn phone."
    Is she crazy leave the bloody phone Lex Luthor is nibbling your neck

I think they should have sent Chloe to Paris she would have come back so much more confident I think.
    I let out a yawn and sigh. "Sorry."

"I wore you out."

"That you did," I reply, as I close my eyes and fall into a dream-filled sleep of parties, engagements, and weddings. And not only mine.
    How sweet
    And as we move into the sunlight, I look up and sigh. It's good to be home. But I will miss Paris---the city that led me to the man who will always be there for others and me. And love me till the day I die.
    Loved the way you ended it a really lovely story to read

A really lovely romantic fic, the verbal judo and humour was great too ! I loved it !

NS Full Member

Hey Guys:

Pipersmum: Glad you enjoyed it---now to the quotes:

1. Yeah, sometimes Chloe can be a little out of it but let's face it---considering who was calling Lex---would he have stopped until he had gotten him. And the next time, might have been at a really awkward moment. :: sigh :: Clark you really do have the worst timing in the world. :: double sigh ::

Yeah, send Chloe to Paris instead of Lana and have the French guys fall all over her. Mind you, Lex wouldn't have been there---but Chloe would have come back more sophisticated and Lex might have really noticed her as more than a cohort in getting to his father. <g>

2. Awww---glad you liked that, hon. Yeah, Lex can be very taxing---in a really good way. <g>

3. Glad you enjoyed how I ended it, sweetie. Sometimes that's the hardest part---ending the story with the right words. Glad you enjoyed the story. More to come.

Hey teb:

Awwww---glad you enjoyed the story, sweetie. I love doing verbal judo and I love reading and writing humor too. Sometimes I think that show needs a douse of humor---at least we get it in fanfic.

Spunky Chick Senior Member hfce's Avatar

That was a great fic.

Hope
    "Everyone seems normal until you get to know them. "

NS Full Member

Hey Hope:

Glad you enjoyed the fic, sweetie.

storie girl Senior Member starmoon's Avatar

great story and i am happy that everyone worked out for them in the end.

NS Full Member

Hey Starmoon:

Awww---so glad you enjoyed the story, sweetie. Great way of getting rid of Jason without the bloodshed. Although, I'm betting Mama Witch ain't to happy with him.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information