Thread: Deep in the Bottle (NC-17)

Deep in the Bottle (NC-17)

(Banner by Bkwurm1)

Deep in the Bottle
    By: TheAmazingApe
    Pairing: Chlex
    Rating: NC-17
    Spoilers: Up to present
    Acknowledgements: I own nothing in The Smallville Universe.
    Summary: Lex helps Chloe ring in her 21st in his special way.

Hey, all. I've been reading here, but not posting. Though, canon-wise, I don't believe Chlex is somethig that will ever happen, it is such a sexy notion. So... stuck on one of my Chlark fics, I decided to take a Chlex break. And here's what came out. I'd started posting on Kryptonsite in parts and decided to post here, too. Considering how Chlex-heavy this site is, I thought it might be welcome. A few Chlex-lovers on K-site seemed to like it (Skauble, Somethingeasy, Kitmerlot? Are your ears burning?)

This is my attempt to attempt Chlex smut in Smallville's current climate. Let's see if it's believeable.

PART 1

It was her birthday, not that it mattered. It was her damned twenty-first, too. That seemed to matter even less. It didn't matter to the boyfriend who dumped her, now cozying up to a blonde Kryptonian. It didn't matter to her best friend, now playing house with the "love of his life." Nor did it matter to her cousin, who said she would be out late working on a story. It didn't matter to anyone, really.

Chloe Sullivan was now twenty-one and there was no group of girlfriends dragging her out for margaritas. There were no blow job shots and jaeger bombs and stupid karaoke. There was just her, creeping up to the apartment above The Talon, wondering when something that should have been a milestone had become just another night.

To be fair, she would have forgotten herself. But when she'd collected her mail, she'd found a birthday coupon from Imperial Pizza. "Happy Birthday," she read, digging in her purse for her keys. "Have a free personal pizza on us." It looked like she'd be denied even that. Most things in Smallville closed at nine and it was now past ten. Gabriel had stuck her on Black Friday shopping woes for the evening edition. Boring, dry, and full of statistics. She had no idea what he had Lois on. But it better not be...

She shook her head and stabbed her key into the lock. Lois said that was over. She believed her. If you couldn't believe family, who could you believe?

Then again, she was low on trust lately. Lana had been the closest female friend she had, besides Lois, of course. Now... She sighed and stretched as she closed the door. Faking her death. Chloe could forgive that. She didn't know what she'd do if she was stuck to a Luthor. But there was something about her that didn't sit right since she'd come back from Shanghai. She supposed that's why she cut off her Lex-related video feed. If Lana had told her about the room, she might have understood. But Lana was secretive now. From her, from Clark... Things were changing. It was hard to know what was right, what was wrong. About the only person she truly believed in was Clark.

She toed off her shoes and moved towards the dark kitchenette. She couldn't share Clark's unfaltering belief in Lana. Maybe that was why she felt so alone, especially tonight. They were all walking on tightropes, trying to pick their way across this mess they were in. Just for one night, she'd like to take a fall. Maybe get blind drunk and do something absolutely stupid, take the edge off.

She looked under the sink. Lois usually kept a bottle of something-or-other there. She groaned, finding only Drain-o and cleanser. She stomped a bare foot. Considering it was her twenty-first, having a drink was an undeniable right. It just figured even that would go sour. She opened the fridge. "Not even a beer. Not a f*cking drop of alcohol in the place."

"I wouldn't say that," a voice drawled from behind her.

She didn't even have to turn. She'd know the smooth tone. She could even see the smirk on his face. She straightened and closed the fridge, bathing the room in darkness again. She turned slowly, not giving him the satisfaction of knowing he'd startled her.

He was sitting at the table off the kitchenette. The scant light from the street hit the top of his bald head. "Mind telling me what you're doing here, Luthor?"

TBC
    Last edited by TheAmazingApe; 30th April 2012 at 14:24. Reason: updated

looking for updates Senior Member somethingeasy's Avatar

Re: Deep in the Bottle (NC-17)

I am SO pleased that you decided to start updating over here.. I've already posted my reviews for this fic over at K-site, but it's easy enough to do a copy and paste so that everyone HERE can also know how much I adore your fic

Chloe Sullivan was now twenty-one and there was no group of girlfriends dragging her out for margaritas. There were no blow job shots and jaeger bombs and stupid karaoke. There was just her, creeping up to the apartment above The Talon, wondering when something that should have been a milestone had become just another night.

To be fair, she would have forgotten herself. But when she'd collected her mail, she'd found a birthday coupon from Imperial Pizza. "Happy Birthday," she read, digging in her purse for her keys. "Have a free personal pizza on us." It looked like she'd be denied even that. Most things in Smallville closed at nine and it was now past ten. Gabriel had stuck her on Black Friday shopping woes for the evening edition. Boring, dry, and full of statistics. She had no idea what he had Lois on. But it better not be...
    Oh this was just SO sad! I can imagine there are thousands/millions of people just like Chloe who greet in their birthdays with nothing more ‘special’ than a coupon or an impersonal wish from some corporate source… But for this to happen to CHLOE?! On her 21st birthday?! There is something so sick, twisted and WRONG about this picture… but at the same time it’s perfectly plausible considering the current status of Chloe’s character in SV.

It makes me want to cry.

She shook her head and stabbed her key into the lock. Lois said that was over. She believed her. If you couldn't believe family, who could you believe?
    aaargh! Don’t get me started on this plot line. WHAT kind of an idiot budding reporter deems it to be, in ANY way, a good idea to flirt and f*ck the editor. And what the heck kind of editor blatantly offers career favours to an unqualified, incompetent reporter with the hopes of ‘getting some’ from said reporter. This plot premise is based on so many levels of horror and stupidity that it boggles the mind, and I REALLY hope that none of SV’s 13 year old audience market is taking this seriously as an indication on how ‘the real world’ works.

I’m not being naïve… It just doesn’t work like this! Sexual harassment cases have gotten everyone so edgy that executives always think twice, thrice and five times before even ‘considering doing something like this. Gabriel has placed Lois in a position of power where, even if she got eventually fired for legitimate incompetence, she could sue the company for millions.

Then again, she was low on trust lately. Lana had been the closest female friend she had, besides Lois, of course. Now... She sighed and stretched as she closed the door. Faking her death. Chloe could forgive that. She didn't know what she'd do if she was stuck to a Luthor. But there was something about her that didn't sit right since she'd come back from Shanghai. She supposed that's why she cut off her Lex-related video feed. If Lana had told her about the room, she might have understood. But Lana was secretive now. From her, from Clark... Things were changing. It was hard to know what was right, what was wrong. About the only person she truly believed in was Clark.
    heh, well I always believd Lana to be an untrustworthy, backstabbing, faithless, flighty, self-serving brat, but it seems like SV is ‘really’ stretching the limit on what Lana is ‘allowed’ to get away with now, and it’s great that Chloe is finally seeing Lana is NOT a person to confide in… or seek comfort and sympathy from.

And it’s really such a pity that the one person she ‘could’ have gone to for a shoulder to cry on is enthralled with such a worthless, unworthy female. Idiot Clark! The boy is blessed with fifty types of vision, but he is still so BLIND!

She toed off her shoes and moved towards the dark kitchenette. She couldn't share Clark's unfaltering belief in Lana. Maybe that was why she felt so alone, especially tonight. They were all walking on tightropes, trying to pick their way across this mess they were in. Just for one night, she'd like to take a fall. Maybe get blind drunk and do something absolutely stupid, take the edge off.
    ROTFL! Building up the scene, AmazingApe. Chloe is ready to do something completely stupid, and Lex just ‘happens’ to be there to indulge in stupidities with.

Heh, so you’re going with the ‘misery loves company-Chlex’ angle, Hmmmm, possibly ending with ‘Drunken-Sex-Chlex’?

She looked under the sink. Lois usually kept a bottle of something-or-other there. She groaned, finding only Drain-o and cleanser. She stomped a bare foot. Considering it was her twenty-first, having a drink was an undeniable right. It just figured even that would go sour. She opened the fridge. "Not even a beer. Not a f*cking drop of alcohol in the place."

ROTFLMAO! I really like this cute premise. Lex and Chloe indulging in sharing their miseries and woes with each other… There is something so funny about seeing these two incredibly strong, intelligent people showing this pathetic side of themselves to each other. But it’s also so sad that neither of them have anyone else to be pathetic with. Poor lonely, abandoned Chlex.

She didn't even have to turn. She'd know the smooth tone. She could even see the smirk on his face. She straightened and closed the fridge, bathing the room in darkness again. She turned slowly, not giving him the satisfaction of knowing he'd startled her.

He was sitting at the table off the kitchenette. The scant light from the street hit the top of his bald head. "Mind telling me what you're doing here, Luthor?"
    LOL! I loved how Chloe did NOT jump or cry out in startlement. Lex was probably waiting for the perfect moment to ‘announce’ his presence… hoping for some kind of a reaction, and I am so glad that Chloe didn’t give him the satisfaction, LOL!

Ooooh, but he looked SO sexy! Even in semi-darkness… All smooth and smirky… LOL!

I can see how this might work out… Lex and Chloe are SO desperate for companionship that they start talking to each other about all the woes and disappointments in their lives? I don’t know whether anything more substantial is going to happen between the two of them, but even if it ends on a drunken one-night stand that means nothing, I still look forward to seeing how they fall into bed together.

Hmmm, but I DO hope that something of substance DOES develop between the two of them. Good luck, I look forward to future chapters. And I hoped this helped with continuing your ‘Almost Chlois’ story.

Spunky Chick Senior Member hfce's Avatar

What a great start. I can't wait to see what happens next.
    "Everyone seems normal until you get to know them. "

An Accused Heretic Senior Member Kit Merlot's Avatar

Woo hoo, I am so glad that you are posting this awesome fic here

Please continue as soon as you can!
    KATHY

"Don't quote me to me!" Detective Danny "Danno" WIlliams, Hawaii Five-0, episode 1.8 Mana'o

"This could barely fill up Thumbelina!" SALIGIA by westwingwolf

My Fanfic Master List

My livejournal: An Accused Heretic

NS Senior Member Senior Member

Damn all those bastards for forgeting her 21st birthday! So I guess Lex remembered, which means he's the only one who should really count in her world. And he apparently brought alcohol, the one thing she was looking for. He's always there when she needs him. Let's see where this leads.

ETA: I realize now that he's probably trying to get her drunk to see if she'll spill Clark's secret but oh well, whatever way gets them together.

NS Senior Member Senior Member letia84's Avatar

This sounds promising. First off I thought they were turning 22 this year? Minor point and all but the SV time line is so out of whack I will ignore it.

Alright now Lex you better have a big bottle of something for Chloe then a big something else for later.

I wonder is he just hanging out to figure what her freak power is or will there more to come.

Update soon.

Quote Originally Posted by letia84 View Post
    This sounds promising. First off I thought they were turning 22 this year? Minor point and all but the SV time line is so out of whack I will ignore it.
    I believe Chloe turned 18 in 4th season, 19 in 5th season, 20 in 6th season and now 21 in 7th season. I think 21 fits with her being a junior in college, did for me anyway.

NS Senior Member Senior Member letia84's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by westwingwolf View Post
    I believe Chloe turned 18 in 4th season, 19 in 5th season, 20 in 6th season and now 21 in 7th season. I think 21 fits with her being a junior in college, did for me anyway.
    I keep thinking Clark is 22 for some reason. They are in there third year of college? Wait they still go to college. When was the last time any of them had a birthday? If Chloe's head stone said 86 then 21 is right on the money.
    Last edited by letia84; 1st December 2007 at 00:03. Reason: typo

Superb story, can't wait for an update.

Quote Originally Posted by letia84 View Post
    I keep thinking Clark is 22 for some reason. They are in there third year of college? What they still go to college. When was the last time any of them had a birthday? If Chloe's head stone said 86 then 21 is right on the money.
    Actually I think it said '87 but for some reason I got the feeling 'Spell' was for Chloe's 18th birthday which means that either SV messed up or I missed something. So if she's born in 87, she's actually 20. We got word from Grant in 'Kara' that she's been taking night classes for her Journalism Degree.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information