+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 74 FirstFirst ... 78910111959 ... LastLast

Thread: The Depths We Sink To (NC-17) - Sequel to Deep In The Bottle - Chap 40 (8/20/12)

Re: The Depths We Sink To (NC-17) - Sequel to Deep In The Bottle - updated 7/11/08

As I said before well worth the wait. The observation by Lex that Chloe does get off on the danger true. The chemistry/tension you write between them is sizzling. Dagney

NS Senior Member Senior Member

Re: The Depths We Sink To (NC-17) - Sequel to Deep In The Bottle - updated 7/11/08

I like that Lex knows Chloe's truth and wants her to want him. It's not right if he just feeds into her rationalizations. I wonder how long it will take if she decides to come to him. I also wonder if she'll figure out the truth about Grant. If Clark can't think of anything but himself for just once, Chloe should ditch him. I know she won't because she's loyal to him which is a good thing, but eventually if that loyalty doesn't pay off, she'll only hurt herself by staying in the friendship. Lex is a dangerous person, but it's obvious he wants her for her, and even though he's trouble to others, he wouldn't be trouble to her, unlike Clark who is helpful for others and harmful to her.

looking for updates Senior Member somethingeasy's Avatar

The plot holes and dropped plots just kill me. And it will only get worse.

Also, I don't think Chloe or Clark know just how far gone Lex is in ways. Lex is struggling with it in private -- which is why it makes no sense that Team Kent are so down on Lex so quickly as the season moves toward the end. Yes, Lex is sinking into evil. But they don't know the extent of it, yet they're just magically sure.

I'm not giving up or anything. I like a challenge, but boy is this season a hefty one.
    Heh… well, like I’ve mentioned before, feel free to cut yourself loose and go to AU anytime… but I really admire the stunning way that you’ve been putting together the fragmented pieces to put together a coherent story. Seriously, it’s amazing. In fact, take a moment to consider that I stopped watching Smallville and don’t really know anything about some of the references that you’ve been making… but I’m STILL loving this story. It still makes sense to me

"So you still can't admit it?"

"Admit what?"

"That it happened and that it... meant..." Are you so desperate to mean something to someone... Maybe he was.

"You said it yourself, Luthor." She swallowed hard. "It felt good. So... there. I admit it. Is that what you want?" He saw her eyes dart to the bed. He turned, saw her sodden jacket hanging half-off the bed.

He picked it up, gripped it hard. If she wanted it, she'd have to take it from him. He needed the why. The answer. "If it was just feel-good sex, then why can't we stop thinking about it?"
    Heee. Actually Lex is asking why can’t HE stop thinking about it. It’s a question that he’s posing to Chloe because he’s desperate for an answer to explain it to himself! And he also desperately needs Chloe to tell him that SHE was as effected by his intimate touch as he was by hers. The notion that it meant everything to him and ‘nothing’ to hear is a horrifying notion for him… so horrifying that he’s not allowing his mind to dwell on that possibility. I LOVED the twist you’re giving to Lex’s needy, greedy psyche, AmazingApe!

"My promises..." He laughed and moved closer. "I'm a monster, Chloe. A snake. Maybe you should have let me stay out there to sicken, weaken..." He trailed off. Maybe she should have. Maybe everyone would be better off.
    The fact that he can still be filled with so much self-loathing and self-hatred after monstrous actions shows that he’s not quite a completely irredeemable monster as yet. There is still some humanity and empathy left in him. There’s still a chance that he can find peace and balance within himself… if only… Actually I’m not really sure what he would need to be knocked off the path that he’s committed himself to. At this rate, even that sense of guilty, self-loathing regret will even disappear, and he’ll become an outright conscienceless monster.

SAVE him, Chloe!!!

"No," he breathed, shaking his head. He didn't want that. Though maybe he should. He'd created and he'd destroyed. It could be argued that he was God-like. But there was no benevolence to it, not anymore. He hardly knew why he did what he did, just chasing something so elusive he didn't have a name for it. So far away from the man he'd been. Six years ago, he'd just wanted freedom from the suffocation of Lionel's brand of parenting, control. He had those things now. So why wasn't he happy?
    Poor, foolish, confused boy. I felt so sorry for that plaintive, lost tone that he had as he asked WHY wasn’t he happy?

Because it’s not just freedom you want, Lex… but it’s also power and complete, unshakable and unadulterated control over everything… which includes your life, your city, you whole world in fact. As soon as Lex realizes that this form of complete control is something that’s beyond everyone’s reach, then he’ll finally achieve some form of peace and happiness with himself. The best he can hope for is control over himself, but it seems like even THAT is far beyond his reach in the state that he’s in right now.

He might be capable of such atrocities, but in the deep within, he’s just a lost, confused child.

She turned, crossing her arms. "No one knows better than I do how dangerous you can be, Luthor. But I'm not trying to get close to you in any way. You're the one who shoved yourself in my workplace, in my..."

"Fair trade, though. You were always snooping where you don't belong. You get off on it." He smiled. "You could get caught, could ruin your whole life, but that's just part of the thrill."

"You think the things I've been through have been some form of thrill-seeking for me?"

"Oh, definitely. You can disguise it in your job and the people's right to know, but it's all about how much you can get away with. You want to push that envelope. You're doing it now."
    heh… is this a reasoning that Lex might be using to explain HIS obsessive attraction to Chloe too? Because HE’S also drawn to the unpredictable, uncontrollable danger that she represents? In any case, it’s a very persuasive, compelling argument he’s presented to Chloe. I think he’s right that she DOES get off on the thrill of the chase, just like he does. But that’s of course not her only (or even top priority) reason for doing the things either of them do. LOL! More like a bonus!

"Too proud?" He moved closer. "Fine. I'll be the bigger man." She backed to the door, but, he noticed, didn't make a move toward the knob. "There's no weakness in truth." He dropped her jacket and moved his hand to her waist. "I think about it all the time. It was supposed to be a nice, little f*ck. Work out some of that anger, that mutual loathing, but it was more." He ran his nose along her jaw, breathing in deep. "God, the way you smell..." Clean. Untainted. He wanted to taste it again, all that sweet redemption. He needed it the way she needed a taste of his filth.
    heh… no weakness in truth? Doesn’t Lex’s tongue BURN from uttering such a phrase? LOL!

It’s fascinating to see how Lex has latched onto Chloe now as his last chance at salvation and redemption. He’s constantly finding and clinging to people hoping they’re going to ‘save him’, and he always ends up so bitter, vengeful and full of hatred when they fail to save him from himself. It seems like Chloe is the lucky girl to land this delicate, dangerous and challenging position. Heh… let’s see what she does with it. Perhaps she’ll be able to succeed where Clark, Helen, Lana, Martha and Jonathan failed. If anyone can accomplish ‘saving’ someone and bringing out the nobler qualities within, surely it must be Chloe?

He smiled, licking his lips. "I know my part. I'm here to take the choice away." He pressed her into the door. "I'm supposed to give it to you while you say no, no, no. Isn't that it?" He dropped one hand to her hip and dug in, lifting her against the door. "Then you can stumble away and loathe me." He ground his hips into her, not even realizing how hard he was until now. He closed his eyes and took a moment to admire his own constitution as sparks damn near shot through him. It was no surprise anymore, how quickly he recovered. A man didn't face death every other week, still kicking, and not realize something was up. He opened his eyes. She was just hanging there, held up by his press against her, her feet not touching the floor, her arms still at her sides. Her eyes were closed and her mouth was open, tiny breaths hitting his chin. "Come on, Chloe. Where are the mewling protests?" He licked a line from her jaw to her ear and her body jumped, her arms suddenly gripping his. "No. Stop it. You snake. You bastard. You need to get at least a few in so you can tell yourself later this wasn't your idea. "
    That was decidedly hot! I loved the twisted way Lex was aching to both ‘conquer Chloe’ as WELL as have her admit that she was coming to him of her own free will. It was thrilling and exciting to see the urge to possess and conquer alongside the need to be accepted. Wow! You did a brilliant job in capturing Lex Luthor, AmazingApe!

"You're wet," he whispered. "But that could be from any number of things. It's obvious I'm practically forcing you into this." He let his fingers brush against her clit inside the confines of her pants. She gave a strangled sort of moan, twisting her head to the side. He took his hand from her pants. "But I'm not." He stepped back as her eyes opened, her head turned back to him. "I'm not playing." He bent to her wet jacket and scooped it up, holding it out. "You can take this and go." She stared at the jacket. "Or stay. But it would be your choice, Chloe."
    hot, HOT! I loved the way Lex was sexually taunting Chloe, and how she was responding so intensely to his taunting and semi-bullying. I guess Lex was quite correct when he said that Chloe gets turned on by danger

Her eyes lifted to his. He wondered if she would. She pulled him out of the rain. She obviously thought he didn't deserve to die. But did he deserve comfort? Even he wasn't sure. Regardless, he didn't want to take it. He wanted it given. Jut once, he wanted something handed to him.
    wow! I LOVED the way Lex was shaking to take, control and possess… but he desperately wanted Chloe to give and surrender herself to him without him forcing, coercing, tricking, overwhelming or manipulating her into anything. He’s somehow convinced himself that his redemption will come from Chloe, ONLY if she chooses to give it of her own free will. Lucky for Chloe that Lex decided that he absolutely needs her cooperation and willingness before he latches onto her as his salvation. Lana wasn’t as lucky… but then again, Lana was slightly dim-witted and could be tricked and hoodwinked by Lex, and Lex knows better than to try such manipulations on Chloe.

Maybe he was right. She clenched her fist for moment, then pounded away at her keyboard again. Definitely, he was right. It was tempting. He was tempting. All these years, she'd never thought of him as sexy, not on a personal level. But he was. Added to that, he was good in bed. To add even more, he seemed almost unreasonably attracted to her. That was something she'd never felt, not even from Jimmy. And that was... exactly why she would keep her distance, even from the roads that led anywhere near the mansion. Resisting temptation was hard enough. She wasn't about to go off in search of it. And she was damn glad he wasn't around... for more than one reason.
    LOL! That sneaky bastard! It was a very clever move for him to push Chloe so far that evening, and then completely back-off, forcing her to go ‘cold turkey’ from him. Now she finds herself preoccupied with Lex, and exasperated and confused about being so obsessed when he’s obviously NOT doing anything to bend her thoughts towards him. LOL! That sneaky, cunning mastermind!

"Got it," she said into her headset.

"Yeah, of course I deleted any trace of it. This isn't the first time I've done something like this." She stood to open the disk drive, rolling her eyes and wishing he could see it. At least Ollie wasn't hovering over her. He'd wanted to until she'd pointed out how conspicuous both Oliver Queen and The Green Arrow would be at The Daily Planet. Besides that, it was just a little light intercepting. All in all, not a bad week. She managed to stay away from Lex. Lex had been staying away from her. And now she was up for another nice piece of her nest egg, courtesy of Oliver. he grabbed her purse. "I'll see you in a few." She felt pretty good... of course that was before a knife embedded itself in the desk, scant millimeters away from her hand.

She stuffed the disk in her purse and ran for it. "Help!" she gasped, hoping Ollie hadn't disconnected. "Somebody's after me!"
    Oooh, Green Arrow work, huh? At least it’s good to hear that she has something to keep her mind occupied away from Lex Luthor… otherwise I think there’s a good chance she would have gone visiting the Luthor Mansion on SOME pretence or another shortly after ‘that visit’. Hmmm, I didn’t see this episode, so I’m not sure what exactly happened. Someone attacked Chloe for reasons unknown, but everything turned out all right in the end…?

She shook her head, staring at the screen. Gabriel had been mugged and shot, that much was true. But he'd been with Lionel Luthor at the time. Was that why Lex didn't want this in the papers? To protect his father from scandal. But there'd been no relationship between them of late and what exactly would Grant be doing with Lionel? Was we working against Lex? It seemed awfully convenient that at this time, with this man, Gabriel was killed. If lex had found out...

She shook her head again and closed the screen. She wouldn't think it. She couldn't. Lex was a lot of things, but a murderer...
    Oh dear… if ONLY Chloe knew all the abhorrent details of what happened to Garbiel. Not only did Lex authorize pathetic, desperate attempts to clone himself a brother, but then he had that brother shot because he wasn’t acting as loyal and devoted as Lex wanted.

But I can understand how the idea of Lex being Gabriel’s murdered is disregarded as ‘absurd’ by Chloe, when she doesn’t know the twisted history of everything between the two ‘brothers’. As far as she’s concerned, Grant was a loyal, spineless an slightly stupid low level minion of Lex’s, and not really a likely target for a ‘Lex Luthor hit’. She has no idea about the intense, twisted emotions that were between the two men.

Hmmm, I wonder whether she’s ever going to find out…?

"I just can't hang around that house anymore, Chloe. Knowing that phantom was living my life with Lana for over a month while I was trapped in the fortress..." But this Clark. He wanted something, too. He wasn't here for her. He was here to avoid Lana. That other Clark may be long gone, but he'd sure left his mark. "I-I know we looked alike, but she really couldn't tell the difference? And then she tells him that they belong together. Does that mean she doesn't feel that way about me?"

Chloe picked up her coffee cup, trying for some straight talk. "Well, she isn't exactly the same girl you used to trip all over in high school, either."

Clark turned away, as always, at the first sign of truth. "I don't want to talk about this anymore."

Chloe laughed again. She had to, either that or cry. "Right. I'm sorry I brought it up." She moved back to her desk.
    ROTFLMAO! Oh dear…. I didn’t know whether to laugh or cry either. Lex’s single-minded sometimes puts Lex Luthor’s obsessiveness to shame. It’s sometimes so pitiful seeing how focused Clark is on Lana, and can’t stop himself from straying back to making all his conversation about her, her, HER…. Even when he has to stretch to do it, or even when it hurts him to discuss it. LOL! And even when it bores the ears off all his listeners.

What’s the polite way to ask Clark to SHUT UP about Lana because it’s just so damned BORING??!!!

"What happened to your face?" he suddenly asked.

She sat hard in her chair. "First of all, did you seriously not notice this until just now?" His blank stare was all the answer she needed. Of course he didn't notice. His mind was just a jumble of Lana, Lana, the Phantom, Brainiac, and Lana. "Don't worry, Clark. I'm fine."
    Moron! I can’t believe Chloe has actually been in love with this guy for years! Heh… but it seems like Chloe is falling a little ‘out’ of the Kent spell now. Perhaps it’s because of the Luthor-Drug crawling in under her skin? What excellent therapeutic qualities that drug possesses, LOL!

"On the disk, Chloe. What was on it that was worth you risking your life?"

She sighed. "Clark, my life was never at risk. Not really. Besides all that... I don't know. I figured it was best not to ask and Ollie didn't seem willing to share." Clark looked down. "But I do know that Ollie wouldn't have asked me to get it if it wasn't important."

"Yeah. We'll see." Clark strode past her.
    sheeesh! Are you kidding me? I suppose I should have been thrilled that Clark was being so uber-protective of Chloe… but the only vibes I got were jealous possessiveness! As if Clark hated and resented the fact that someone else was playing with his toys! Chloe is HIS hacking-tool, dammit, and no-one else gets to use her… especially not on Clark’s time. Quite honestly, he gave the impression of being a possessive jerk.

She turned. "Clark, don't get all..." He was gone. She sighed and stared at the bag containing the damned ham sandwich. She wished it was tuna. She could go for some tuna. She could also go for a Clark that could just... hang out with her. Not because the world needed saving and not to avaoid Lana while talking incessantly about her, and not...

What had happened to them?
    I think has been spending too much time away from Chloe… not putting enough attention into making sure she’s still under his thrall? Heh… that sounded pretty cynical. But I think it’s a distance away from Clark coupled with Chloe’s new ‘thing’ developing with Lex Luthor that’s making her feel like there’s an emotional wedge growing between them. Heh… well, I think a bit of distance away from Clark will be GOOD for Chloe, and help her gain some perspective outside of her obsessive infatuation with the oblivious farmboy.

"A person doesn't just disappear off the face of the earth," Lex barked into his cell. "I don't care if you have to sweep every city in the Western hemisphere. You find her... You call me back when you have something more concrete." He snapped his phone shut and strode toward his office. There was a blonde waiting. His life was just plagued with blondes these days. One he couldn't find, one he couldn't have, and one whose... special brand of service could be had. Just for the right amount of money and, so it seemed, with just motivation.
    ROTFL! Poor Lex! And I remember a simpler time when all he had to worry about were homicidal, stalker brunettes… now he has to deal with dangerous, confusing blondes. I wonder whether he should try his luck with red-heads?

"You know my standards. No matter how rich you are, you don't deserve to be robbed. And you, Richy, are a lucky man." She was still holding onto that disk.

He took the money from his inside pocket. "If you stopped whoever's been hacking into my trade secrets, I consider myself very lucky." He waited for her to tell him who. Because hacking wasn't an altogether common knack. And if it was who he thought...

She took the money and handed the disk over. "Your file almost fell into the wrong hands. I had a little run-in with an emerald archer."

He turned, surprised. This was better than he'd even dreamed. "Green Arrow?"
    Ah HAH! So the knife thrown at Chloe was courtesy of THIS mysterious lady? hmmm, a mercenary for hire? I’m guessing that this is the twisted version of The Black Canary that AlMiles have bastardized for their show? Oh dear… so all of Chloe’s results of heavy-duty hacking had been stolen away from her and handed over to Lex? That’s honestly a real shame!

If it was Chloe... Well that was one thing. It would just give him a good reason to take her. Keep her. Force her to stay where he could always... But this was better. It was. He'd rather have Green Arrow under his eye. "You think you can find him again?"
    heh… despite how Lex actually has ‘good and noble intentions’ (as good as noble as he’s capable of now) with regards to Chloe, he can’t stop the occasionally fantasy to just say ‘f*ck it’ and just GRAB her and take her, whether she wants to cooperate or not.

He sat in his chair after she left, understanding in her eyes. She'd do it. She'd get him. And Lex could find out exactly what made him tick. Maybe the rest of his merry men as well. It was better than having Chloe. His men had already seen what made her tick. There was something there, but she was latent. No use to him until she showed some sign of... No. He couldn't lie. It wasn't that she was useless to him. Far from it.

But he didn't want her imprisoned. He didn't want her by force. He wanted her to come to him. A week now and she hadn't showed up. He shouldn't be surprised. He wasn't, really. Just disappointed. There was that small hope that, monster that he was, she'd want him. It was only one night. He shouldn't be so fixated, but it was such a night...
    I LOVED how Lex’s thought keep turning around like a psychotic wheel-running hamster. He’s TRYING to tear his thoughts away from Chloe, but finds himself incapable of thinking of how good, sweet, beautiful, irresistible and untainted she felt that night with him. And how he desperately wants MORE of that feeling. It’s fascinating that he’s stuck in the firm belief that, if only Chloe accepts him, it will prove to everyone (most of all himself) that he’s NOT a irredeemable monster. It might even be true actually. If Chloe accepts and learns to love Lex, he might actually try to turn himself into a better man for her sake, and this time he’ll actually stick with his noble intentions because he knows that Chloe won’t allow him to get away with anything nefarious and underhanded while SHE’S involved and invested in him.

With Lana, he'd thought he had it all. But she didn't know what he was. Chloe knew. And she let him inside. Not just in her body. He was under her skin. He felt it. How could he not be when she was so deeply under his? Maybe he should go into the city today, just to see...

No. He wasn't playing. He'd told her that. Just this once, he'd keep his word.
    I loved this sign of Lex’s nobler side coming out into play. It’s moments like these which keep me convinces that there IS something in him that can still be saved. If only… heh… well, that’s something that we’ll have to wait and see, won’t we?

Fantastic chapter, AmazingApe! I look forward to seeing how the next one goes. THANK you for updating. I loved reading this! Good luck with your future postings.

NS Senior Member Senior Member letia84's Avatar

With Lana, he'd thought he had it all. But she didn't know what he was. Chloe knew. And she let him inside. Not just in her body. He was under her skin. He felt it. How could he not be when she was so deeply under his? Maybe he should go into the city today, just to see...

No. He wasn't playing. He'd told her that. Just this once, he'd keep his word.
    Can't even go one week Luthor. He's going to break I know it.

Wonderful update. Damn shame Chloe didn't stay but how could she. Such great angst in this. Clark is a real meat head. I wish he get a clue that Lana is not going to become this wonderful person he thinks she is.

More Soon.

NS Full Member

Talking Re: The Depths We Sink To (NC-17) - Sequel to Deep In The Bottle - updated 7/11/08

I don't even have to watch the show, I can just read your stories. Love the chapter. Write more soon.

I'm sooo happy to see an update on this fabulous story!

Clark is a giant moron, Chloe totally needs to get rid of his alien ass. Lol All he cares about is himself and Lana... Chloe needs to get some new friends! I love that out of all the people in Chloe's life the only one who really cares about her and really knows her is Lex... it's completely ironic. Just give in to him Chloe!

I loved the first scene with Lex and Chloe, it was seriously Hot. I love that Lex want's Chloe to come to him on her own free will. I can't wait to see if he will keep his word or if he will break it.

Another fantastic chapter! I look forward to reading more!!

Fan Artist, Fanfic Lover Senior Member Esther25jm's Avatar

Re: The Depths We Sink To (NC-17) - Sequel to Deep In The Bottle - updated 5/25/08

Hot damn, I'm so happy that you updated. I've missed this story. What an update, too. The beginning had me feeling so sad for Lex, but in Chloe's corner, too. I'm so torn with the two because of the circumstances, but I still want them to be together in some form of happiness. Hard, I know, especially since this is in S6, but I'm such a dreamer.

Love the intro to Gabriel's death. Nice cover story and it's very IC of Chloe to wonder about the circumstances (and if Lex was involved), yet pushing that thought away because she feels he'd never do it. Let's hope she doesn't find out.

Ahh, Black Canary, right? I didn't watch the episode, yet I still know that your story is better than the one on SV. She seems very interesting, especially in helping Lex. Wonder what she wants from him....

That ender with Lex and his thoughts....sooo very interesting. Love that he's not only seeing Chloe as a 'toy' to possess, but as someone much more. Even better that you showed the difference in his views between Chloe and Lana. Also love the conflict and indecision in wanting to see Chloe, yet settling for leaving her alone. I like that he's leaving it up to her and not forcing his presence on her. Maybe it'll help in her decision of staying away.

Can't wait for some more!!

An Accused Heretic Senior Member Kit Merlot's Avatar

I love that no matter how hard Chloe resists, she is still drawn to Lex. And he knows it and taunts her with that knowledge

But the question remains: when will she give into her desires? Soon, I hope
    KATHY

"Don't quote me to me!" Detective Danny "Danno" WIlliams, Hawaii Five-0, episode 1.8 Mana'o

"This could barely fill up Thumbelina!" SALIGIA by westwingwolf

My Fanfic Master List

My livejournal: An Accused Heretic

Members

Woo-hoo for updates! You've done such a great job of making the atrocity season seven was into something compelling and fun. Well done!

great update, can't wait for more and see what chloe does next and if she goes to lex or not, and what happens next in their game.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information