+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 80 FirstFirst ... 78910111959 ... LastLast

Thread: The Lesser of Two Evils - NC-17, Chapter 56 (May 27, 2016)

Imperial Dragon Senior Member Impress's Avatar
    Originally posted by crankychick@Dec 24 2004, 12:11 PM
    :worship2: That was a masterful update and I cannot believe how much I detest Lionel. Usually, I adore his evil, malevolent ways but the way he's using both Lionel and Chloe in this scenario is enfuriating.

:read: I hope Lionel's brushing up on his Dante because Chloe and Lex are going to send him straight and direct to hell.
    exactly

Oooohhhhh!! I can't wait for the two master-minds to take out the MB.
    I'm so loving this dark fic...your plot is so intense! :yay: :yay: :yay:

But no update for 3 days?! I'm so used to an update every day there for a while, please update soon. Please.

:worship2: :worship2:

Na-No-Wri-Mo-ing!
    The Lesser of Two Evils
    NC-17/ Angst

Disclaimer: Smallville, the characters therein, and all affiliated copyrighted materials are owned by the WB. This is a work of fanfiction not intended for profit or infringement, only for the pleasure of fans of the series.

Spoilers: All up to Season 4, except things will be twisted to the tune of Lex having never moved to Cowtown, U.S.A.

A/N: What would Chloe Sullivan have had to do to get from under Lionel Luthor’s thumb if Lex had never moved to Smallville? What would she have had to sacrifice to earn the son’s help against the father?

AU for Season 3 and 4, and strongly rated for a good reason:
    THERE WILL BE BORDERLINE NON-CONSENSUAL SEX.

I’m posting in very short chapters so readers can choose when enough is enough for them.

Chapter Ten

The fallout of a few significant hours could take up much more time afterward, as Chloe found out in the following four days. She drove home, slowly, and parked her car. She hauled herself upstairs as silently as she could and went to bed in her clothes, only bothering to take off the fussy shoes.

She avoided her friends and her father, afraid something would clue them in to the darkness she was grappling with. The nightmares she had expected hadn’t arrived, but she was very sad and felt vulnerable physically. Even Clark’s touch was unwelcome, and she usually treasured each little contact with him.

But as different as her life had become, she wasn’t broken. The nighttime crying jags that accompanied her to bed didn’t keep her from getting to sleep. Physical worries were eliminated almost immediately, when Lionel’s doctor informed her that she had a small tear in her vagina that would heal on its own in a few days. She was restricted from sex for the rest of the week, but she would have been happy enough to be banned from it forever.

Lionel’s summons had been more difficult, but she’d been more angry than afraid in his presence. Knowing there was an equal force at her back bolstered her courage.

He had waved her to a chair, asked how she was, and she had closed her hand around a crystal ashtray and fought not to throw it in his face as she told him she was fine.

“How was your date with Lex? I hope you enjoyed yourself,” he had said, his obscenely paternal smile stretching from ear to ear.

Chloe had long since abandoned any musings on why he was such a twisted bastard, and she had shrugged mildly. He looked surprised and it had made her feel good to know he wasn’t in control of every emotion he felt.

“It was as good as it was going to be.”

Lionel sipped at his drink and she wondered if he was an alcoholic, then decided she didn’t really care. He would die prematurely of one thing or another and it might as well be a rotting liver for her purposes. Cirrhosis probably hurt as much as anything she could hope for him.

He leaned forward and patted her knee in a way that might have been comforting for the uninitiated, put on his sad face, and said, “The doctor called me after your appointment. You were injured?”

What do you care?

She shook her head and smiled in a carefree way.

“My first stupid sex injury. I slipped and caught a bad angle, but it’s okay. Lex seemed to think it was a result of my nerves and enthusiasm to please,” she said. "I’m invited back on the weekend. He said I move too slowly for a weeknight.”

This is unexpected, Lionel thought. She’s supposed to be a throwaway.

He had accepted the variables coming together when Chloe and Lex met, but the plan was for Lex to introduce her to sex in a way that would push her toward fidelity for self-protection. If she associated young men with being used and abused, she would appreciate the benefits of an older man looking to settle down. The injury had made him happy, validated his notions, but not if Lex was looking to make it up to her with return visits. More than one hardened professional whore had fallen for his son.

“Really? You must have a latent ability, then, because Lex certainly knows how to appreciate talent.”

His whoring is well-known, old man, so don’t bother with the cheap shots.

“I’m not sure what he thought,” she had answered. “He doesn’t like very much talk. There were a few instructions but that was about it.”

Cold gray eyes had widened quizzically and she had remained silent, making him voice the question.

“Which instructions?”

Another shrug from the young woman had him nervous, and her answer had his fingers twitching toward the telephone.

“He said it had been years since he’d had a virgin and he was pleased you’d sent me. He didn’t want to use a condom and I figured that was okay since we both tested clean and I’m on birth control. Right?”

The guileless smile she shot at her employer covered her triumph nicely, and Chloe was on her way home minutes later. Perhaps for the first time in recent memory, Lionel Luthor was in a bona fide snit.

I hope he enjoys it, she had thought.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

“Doctor, I remember quite well what you told me about Miss Sullivan’s checkup, but I’d like you to tell me again. Considering the amount of money I pay for your services I don’t think I’m out of line.”

Lionel swilled back another brandy and switched to whiskey. He wanted something to burn down into his stomach to accompany the heated sensation of rage.

Sending Chloe to Lex was an inspired idea and he had been sure there was no way for it to turn out badly for him. His mind had listed out the scenarios that could result with mechanical precision.

If it was a singular event Lex would feel flattered or unmoved by his gift and Chloe would feel used. If she was hurt and traumatized it would just make her all the more vulnerable to kindness when he took her to bed, and would put an ace in Lionel’s back pocket. Rape charges could ruin his son’s life and would likely be a valuable bargaining point. If Lex managed to make the experience good for Chloe she would learn a few things and it would incite her curiousity for sex.

Lionel had never considered a change to Lex’s well-established sexual routine. The file he had given Chloe was embellished to make her afraid of his son, but the important things had been true. He was tested regularly for STDs and completely healthy. He used condoms with every woman, no matter how familiar he was with her.

But apparently Lex’s interpretation of a new experience was to ride bareback, with Chloe’s virginity as the only safeguard. He wondered if she had told him or if her behaviour had given it away, but it didn’t really matter.

She was fertile and unprotected and he had to make sure she hadn’t and wouldn’t conceive his grandchild.

“Mr. Luthor, if you’ll recall, I expressed reservations about this course of events. While Miss Sullivan appears to believe that some women still menstruate while on the implant, there is no way a pregnancy would get past her,” the doctor said. “I would not be able to answer her questions satisfactorily, and I would lose my license to practice.”

Lionel sighed and didn’t bother to hide his distress. Some days it paid to let loose.

“I cannot and will not allow my son to attain the heir that should rightfully be mine, and you will do whatever it takes to make sure it does not happen. I will have your cooperation or you will find yourself much worst than unemployed.”

He heard the doctor gulp and smiled without warmth. Power was as much a part of him as his name.

He listened to the same results repeated once again. Chloe had vaginal bruising consistent with rough sex, and a small tear that indicated the same. It would heal quickly and didn’t mean she was unwilling in the act. There had been no semen, but that wasn’t surprising a few days later.

She hadn’t been upset or worried at the appointment, nor had she taken an opportunity offered by a female nurse to confide a sexual assault. Lionel had counted on her behaviour during their meeting to give him the final pieces to figure out what had happened, and he was frustrated when she had been low-key and even.

“How likely is it that she is pregnant?”

“The odds of conception are a mystery, sir, but there’s a better than fifty percent chance that she will conceive through multiple incidents of unprotected sex over a period of a year.”

It wasn’t what Lionel had wanted to hear.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Lex Luthor had spent four days enraged. He had gotten drunk directly after Chloe had left his apartment, and stayed that way during his off hours. The guest bedroom he couldn't help but think of as the scene of the crime was empty, newly painted and awaiting a new destiny. He had no intention of ever putting another bed in there and had no real use for it.

It would be a very long while before he would enter that room again, and he wasn’t inclined to call for female companionship either. Chloe’s words didn’t change the facts of his actions and he didn’t want to relive her struggles physically as he did in his dreams.

When he returned from work he sat in the living room and thought relentlessly about his father’s plan. It was diabolical and all too easy to attribute to Lionel’s mind. He would do anything to win, even if winning was a petty thing that existed only in his own perceptions.

The team of investigators he had hired were telling Lex the Morgan Edge friendship was correct, and working to find things that would implicate his father, the crime lord and anyone else involved. He had read the police reports of the fire that had killed his grandparents, finding out for the first time that dozens of other people had died in the overcrowded tenement the same night.

And just when he thought there was no way he could feel worst, he opened the door to Chloe Sullivan once again.
    Her soul is senstive like a finely made tuning fork. It vibrates and resonates with every little hint of trauma, evil and monstrosity that might be humming in the air, and channels it into expressions of fiction... or recomended websites - somethingeasy

yay! you updated!

poor Chloe, she has to come back for more.

but i'm sure that in the end Lex will be able to help her.

please update soon!

walking with cavemen Senior Member Zannie's Avatar
    She was restricted from sex for the rest of the week, but she would have been happy enough to be banned from it forever.
    So powerful and sad. Poor Chloe.

Perhaps for the first time in recent memory, Lionel Luthor was in a bona fide snit.
    Ha! Wonderful line, and wonderful concept.

Great update.

NS Senior Member Senior Member
    I love the way Chloe's silent pain and strength comes through in this story, and the way you wrote power and control she had when dealing with Lionel Luthor himself was very impressively done. Can't wait for how Lex and Chloe deal with the aftermath, and how the MB Strikes Back.

Update soon!

ChLex Schadenfreude Senior Member crankychick's Avatar
    Lionel Luthor was in a bona fide snit.
    I love this line! Fantastic update and this story is captivating.

Originally posted by nonky@Dec 28 2004, 11:56 AM
    Perhaps for the first time in recent memory, Lionel Luthor was in a bona fide snit.
    I love this line so much :biggrin:

Even though she is in so much pain, I love the inner strenghth Chloe has in this story.

Lionel is such a bastard, I'm so happy the plan is working, and he's beginning to realize he's screwed. :yay: :yay2: :yay:

And I love how Lex is still so affected by everything that has happened. hmy:

I'm so happy you updated this, please post again soon! :worship2: :worship2: :worship2:

Escapeism Artist Senior Member asharnanae's Avatar
    hmy: oh man this is just ripping my guts out, but Its so friken great!!! damn but you have me totally adicted! And Lionel is so creepy, gah, you have him spot on! :worship2:

Insane Troll logic girl lexchloe's Avatar
    Lionel is definately the incarnate. I love that you showed us that Lex is still feeling bad about what happened, it shows how different he is from his father and makes me love him more. More, more more, more please.

p.s Chloe kicks ass in this story. Love how strong she's being.
    I tried to drown my sorrows, but the little buggers learned how to swim.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information