+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 37 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Thread: Power Play NC17*Completed*

Insane Troll logic girl lexchloe's Avatar
    :yay2: Nice update. Why is Lex being all distant though??? Glad that there won't be a triangle even though Michael seems nice. Hope Chloe recognised Clark, oh the wakiness that would lead to. :biggrin: :chlexsign2:
    I tried to drown my sorrows, but the little buggers learned how to swim.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

NS Senior Member Senior Member sydsvaughn's Avatar
    heck, I'm looking forward to this immensely!!

more soon please!

SaraC

NS Full Member
    :chlexsign1: ewwwwwwwww for michael. yay for chlex. ewwwwww for michael, yay for chlex. more chlex more chlex!

It's coming as quickly as possible! Personally, I'm so impatient I have to make myself stick to my storyline instead of skipping right to the lovin'

After Michael left, Chloe decided to go to bed. She watched a few news spots but after getting a firsthand account, there wasn’t much that could top it. At around Two AM, her phone rang. She reached for it, clumsily and answered.

“’Lo?”

“Chloe, Lex.”

“Wha’s wrong?” she yawned, trying to blink her way awake.

“Can’t sleep.” He sounded tired. “Can I come up?”

“Where are you?”

“On the street outside your building.” Chloe threw back the covers and went to her bedroom window, she saw no one on the sidewalk. He must have figured out what she was doing because he added,. “The other side.”

“I’ll buzz you in.” Chloe went to her door and hit the button to unlock the front door, then she disengaged her deadbolt and chain lock. Running her hands through her hair, she turned on a couple of lamps and took out a couple of glasses from her cupboards. Lex knocked softly before opening her door. He didn’t ask if it was a bad time. It didn’t matter and they both knew it. This was her job, her real job. Taking care of Lex’s mental health.

“I guess Lois must have called you.”

“Yeah, wonder if it’s a fluke.”

“You mean, just a passing stranger like the people who were affected by meteors in Smallville?” He took off his overcoat. He was wearing jeans, sneakers, and a sweatshirt.

“Who knows,” Chloe said, eyeing him sideways. “But tell me what’s on your mind.”

“It’s just been a rough week, I guess.”

“Liar,” she said with a smile. “What’s up?”

“I don’t want you to be mad about the apartment.” He sat down on her couch. She poured him a glass of milk and one for herself. She set his in front of him.

“You couldn’t sleep because of that?”

“Well, partially. And it has been a really long week.” He shrugged, I guess you were the straw that broke the camel’s back.”

“I’m not mad at you, Lex.” She took a sip of her milk and he did too. “I was angry because I felt like so many things had gone out of control all at once, then I was kind of blind-sided. I know it was a gesture on your part, and it was thoughtful, but the decorators didn’t really know me, so I didn’t feel like I was coming home.”

“A sense of home must be very important to you.”

“You know what it’s like to grow up with only one parent. Dad tried his best, but he can’t work and be home at the same time. At least I was lucky enough to have a parent who cared enough about me to make the effort.”

“Pretty sorry pair we are, huh?” Lex slid off the couch and stretched his legs out in front of him on the braided rug.

“What else is bothering you?” Chloe got up and sat on the couch behind him. She made him face forward and began to rub his neck. Her voice grew soft and she asked him simple questions. Before long, Lex found himself relaxing. Her fingers found the knots in his neck and shoulders, and her voice soothed and prodded just as gently.

“So what’s my problem, Doc?” He asked, with as much joviality as he could muster at nearly three in the morning.

“Honestly, Lex, I think you really need a few good night’s rest. And you’re going through a cycle of less sleep, more stress, and then each making the other one worse.”

“Do you have anything stronger than the milk to help me sleep.”

“I’m working on it right now.” She nudged his shoulders backwards and made him lean against her folded knees. Then she wrapped her arms around him and leaned her cheek against his. “You don’t get enough affection from your friends and family.” The simple statement, paired with the odd embrace, made Lex’s pent-up exhaustion loose. He sighed and leaned his head back against Chloe. She wasn’t offering him anything more tonight, but it was what he needed.

Lex felt close to her, closer than he had to any woman in a long time. Their encounter a few years earlier had forced them into a kind of intimacy that people usually work on for a long time. They were never friends. They still weren’t, exactly. But they were close. The feeling of Chloe’s soft cheek pressed against his face did not stimulate him, sexually. Or at least, not any more than her general presence did. When she stood up and took him by the wrist, he allowed her to tug him to his feet.

Chloe brought him to her bedroom and told him to strip down to his boxers. Then she went to the bathroom and grabbed a spare toothbrush. When Lex came out of the bathroom, his head was practically reeling from sleepiness. It was a feeling he hadn’t had in weeks. The few hours of sleep that he’d been stealing had only occurred after laying awake anxiously awaiting morning. Chloe slept in a queen-sized bed with soft sheets and a thick, down comforter. She sat on the end of the bed and gestured for him to get in.

“I’m usually not this easy,” he joked.

“Me neither,” she replied. “But you can trust me, I won’t put the moves on you.”
    Lex crawled under her covers and turned over onto his side. Chloe crawled up behind him on top of the covers.

“I don’t want to oust you from your own bed,” he said with a jaw-popping yawn.

“I’ll get under the covers later; just go to sleep.”

Lex realized, as he started to drift off immediately, that this one small problem of sleeplessness had such a simple solution. When he wasn’t weighed down by his anxiety, he could sleep. But he hadn’t really let go of his problems, she’d just made him feel like they weren’t as close. She was an oasis from the other pieces of his life. His own private little pocket of peace. He felt the weight of her arm draped over him and the slightest tickle of her breath. As he instinctively fought to stay awake, she whispered to him.

“Let go, I’ll look after you for tonight.” He was helpless after that.
    Chloe felt the tension leave Lex and his side start to rise and fall evenly. She hadn’t expected her night to end up like this. Her boss was sleeping in her bed, and she was spooning him and caring for him like a child. He had no one to care for him, she realized. Care. To care for someone meant giving up a part of yourself and making another person’s needs your own. In their own, twisted ways, they’d done that, a long time ago. She’d made sacrifices for him, and he’d done the same for her. They’d been acquaintances then, now they were something else altogether.

awwwww, that's so sweet. Chloe taking care of Lex.

i love where this story is going.

please update soon!

Insane Troll logic girl lexchloe's Avatar
    AWWWWWW That was lovely. Can't wait for more Chlexy closeness.
    I tried to drown my sorrows, but the little buggers learned how to swim.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Na-No-Wri-Mo-ing!
    :yay:

I love your tough, stubborn Chloe and the vulnerable side of Lex. It's nice that she's realistic about him and that he lets her do her job. I suspect it won't be long before they have to admit they're more than working together.

Wonderful chapter.
    Her soul is senstive like a finely made tuning fork. It vibrates and resonates with every little hint of trauma, evil and monstrosity that might be humming in the air, and channels it into expressions of fiction... or recomended websites - somethingeasy

Don't forget, Nonky, this is Lex we're talking about. He doesn't just fall in love like a normal guy.

NS Senior Member Senior Member Béatrice's Avatar
    Awwww so sweet! MORE! :yay2:

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information