+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Thread: Love Potion No.9 [PG-13/R maybe] (23rd Nov 2008)

Dealing w/ a Ship Change Senior Member

Re: Love Potion No.9 [PG-13/R maybe] (24th Oct 2008)

So cute! I hope they continue to be happy together and Clark just butts out.

NS Senior Member Senior Member

Yay for Chloe and Lex's thirst! Yay for Clark being dumb! (Seriously, forgetting about the water in the coffee maker?!) Yay for Clark being late! Too late to go back now, hope Chloe and Lex are still in love after they run out of water.

A/N: Hey all! Sorry I didn't update faster, I meant to, honest, but things have been a little crazy here this past week. Note to self, do not have a new kitchen fitted again for a very, very long time! Anywho, after all the glorious Chlex in the previous chapter I'm afraid you might find this one a little Clois heavy, but there is some good Chlex in here too, so bear with me!

Chapter 12

“Lois, this is stupid” Clark complained as they walked into their hotel and straight up to the bar, “How is drinking going to solve anything?” he asked her as she hopped up on a barstool and waited for some service.

“Smallville, it’s been a long day” she said tiredly, noticing the clock said past midnight already, “We have schlepped the Strip for hours trying to find the hotel where ‘Mr and Mrs Luthor’ are staying” she shuddered even as she said it, “I’m done for tonight, and I need a drink” she said definitely as a bar tender suddenly appeared.

“What can I get you?” he asked the pair as Clark sighed and gave in, sitting down on the stool beside Lois.

Just as soon as she looked his way and actually for once addressed him by his name when asking what drink he’d like, the barman retracted his question.

“Ah, Lois Lane and Clark Kent, right?” he smiled in a way that made them both a little uncomfortable.

“Okay, when did we become Vegas celebrities?” she asked both the guy before her and the one to her right.

“Your friends were here earlier. The happy couple?” the barmen told them, as both Clark and Lois turned pale, “I don’t know what exactly has been going on with you but they asked me if you came here to find them... well, it’s all here” he said, ducking under the bar and reappearing with an envelope which he laid before them on the bar.

Both Clark and Lois reached for what they presumed to be a note from Chloe, since the handwriting seemed to be hers. Knowing there was no point arguing, Clark gave in first and simply sat waiting to hear what was in the note as Lois ripped it open and read aloud.

“‘Dear Lois and Clark, Some investigative reporters you guys would make! You really think you would be able to find us and stop us in time?’” she read, rolling her eyes and sighing as she did so, “‘Don’t think you stand a chance now because you found this note, it won’t lead you to us. I just wanted to tell you how happy I am now as the new Mrs Luthor’ Yeah, right” Lois commented before continuing, “‘Please, you guys, please be happy for me. Enjoy your drinks, have a great night in Vegas, and then go home’” Chloe instructed through Lois’ voice as she read on, “‘I’ll see you when I get there, when I hope you’ll have got over this and be genuinely happy for me. Love you. Chloe’”

“She’s out of her mind” Clark shook his head, “This is crazy! Have a good night and go home? How can she think we’d do that?”

“I honestly don’t know what going on” the barman shook his head as the younger man shot a dirty look his way, despite the fact this really had little or nothing to do with him, “All I know is that letter was for you, as are these... the drinks she was talking about” he explained as he put them on the bar before Lois and Clark, “Compliments of the Luthors” he tried with a smile, but neither of the pair looked pleased.

Quickly excusing himself and hurrying off to serve other patrons, Lois and Clark were left alone, looking first at the two odd looking cocktails before them and then at each other.

“They should print a T-shirt” Lois sighed heavily, “I came all the way to Las Vegas to save my cousin from a fate worse than death” she said dramatically, “And all I got was this crappy cocktail” she declared as she picked up the glass that contained some purplish liquid as well as two umbrellas and various fruit.

“What is it?” Clark looked at the drink with distaste, turning the glass to get a better look.

“I don’t know” Lois admitted, “and I don’t care. Smallville, we’ve done all we can do today, and this drink is free, hopefully alcoholic, and not even a fraction of what Luthor owes us!” she said definitely, “So I say we drink up, we get some sleep, and tomorrow we try and put a stop to the craziness, because honestly, right now, I don’t have a better plan”

Clark would have liked to argue, but he was out of ideas too, and starting to get tired. He wasn’t much of a drinker and what had been placed before them on the bar didn’t exactly look appealing, but hey, what the hell.

“When in Vegas...” he muttered as he picked up the glass and raised it to his lips, looking sideways at Lois as she did the same.

Perhaps it should’ve occurred to the pair that drinking anything they couldn’t identify might be dangerous. Surely that thought should occur to anyone at any time, but most particularly to the undefined couple from Smallville who had known such troubles the last couple of days and all caused by an as yet mysterious drink. Downing their cocktails in one hit, it took just moments for Clark to realise what they’d done, and a second later he forgot to care.

“Wow, that’s got a kick” Lois noted as she replaced her glass on the bar besides Clark’s own, “What do you think is in it?” she asked Clark, as her hand went to her chest.

“I don’t care” he told her honestly with a wicked smile as he looked over at her and she smiled, undoing the top button of her own shirt.

“Is it me, or is getting hot in here?” she said, the second button coming open too as she pulled the band from her hair and shook it out around her face.

“Well, maybe it’ll be cooler upstairs” Clark suggested, getting to his feet and holding out a hand for Lois to take, “Besides, you look like you could use a lie down” he said, as he eyes raked over her body.

“You have no idea” she agreed as she took hold of his hand, and he pulled her off the stool with such force she crashed into his solid chest, her knees giving way a little as he held onto her with strong arms.

Glancing up at him through her lashes, Lois swallowed hard when she saw the very real fire in Clark’s eyes for her. God but she wanted him, even now as something slight and quiet in the back of her mind told her she shouldn’t. The feelings of lust, of passion, of love even, rushed through her body and overtook her as he held her there in his arms. His own feelings clearly matched her own as he leant in and crushed his lips against hers in a searing kiss that took her breath away to the point where her legs barely held her weight. A moment later she realised they didn’t have to as Clark pulled back and looked at her with a smirk, his arm curling under her legs and sweeping her up into his arms.

“My hero” she giggled like some saved damsel, causing him to laugh too as he carried her towards the stairs.

Lex couldn’t sleep, despite the fact he should be tired in every possible way. He guessed it was starting to wear off, the adrenaline rush borne out of the excitement of the day. Finding himself both loved and in love, bolting from his home with the woman of his dreams to get married in Las Vegas, spending hours making love until they were spent, and his beautiful bride had fallen asleep like a delicate angel in his arms. Chloe was everything he had ever wanted and he ought to be sleeping at her side now, and yet he could not.

Something was bothering Lex, a little voice in the back of his head saying this wasn’t right. He couldn’t fathom where such a notion came from. He loved Chloe and she loved him, this day and night together had been the best of his life and he doubted that would ever change. Still he couldn’t shake the niggling doubt and that made him worry.

Reaching onto the night stand for a drink of water, never letting go of his beloved, Lex gulped down the remainder of pink liquid from the bottle. Immediately he felt contented and happy again. He knew he’d been a fool to worry, and that doubt that lingered in the back of his mind a moment before vanished without a trace as he laid down beside Chloe once again and kissed her forehead, her cheek, and her lips, till she finally awoke.

“I love you” he whispered as she smiled and stirred in his arms.

“I love you too” she replied as her eyes fluttered open, “That’s a nice way to wake up” she said with a sigh as she shifted in his arms and gazed up at his face in the half light.

“Then I’ll make an effort to oblige the lady every morning” he smiled back at her as he softly kissed her lips.

“I can’t believe we’re married” she sighed, as he held her close, “It’s not exactly a plan that I had but now... I can’t imagine wanting anything else but to be with you” she told him honestly.

As he looked down at her angelic face in the dim light, a wave of contentment washed over the young Mr Luthor who always believed he could never be so happy. He always wanted more than he had, always craved to win another battle, conquer another place. All this he found slid away as he laid here with his new wife in his arms. She was the only world he wanted, her love the only thing he would ever need, and her opinion of him the only one that mattered.

“Chloe, I swear I will not let you down” Lex swore to her, with such intensity in his eyes and tone it almost made her cry, “Anything you want...”

“I already have everything I ever wanted” she told him, silencing him with a finger on has lips, “You’re everything I want, Lex, everything...” she whispered as she replaced her hand with her lips on his and kissed him.

The passion between them soon ignited, and the happy couple made sweet love again. Though the fire remained, this was love, in the truest sense. Chloe had never felt like this about another man in her whole life, and she knew without a doubt she had made no mistake in marrying Lex. He had meant so much to her for so long now, she was only glad she’d been allowed to tell him and show him. So long she’d been afraid of rejection, after so many times before with other guys she thought she could love. Clark was a good friend, up to now anyway, but that was all he was ever going to be for Chloe. She realised now how foolish she had been to try and make something more out of that relationship. Her heart would always and forever belong to the man she could now call her husband.

Lex wondered how he had ever doubted his love for Chloe or hers for him. Women had previously come close to being his downfall and yet Chloe had remained steadfast throughout. She was his match in wit and intelligence despite the difference in their age, and he knew her well enough to know she was not here and married to him to relieve him of his fortune. In truth, he would trade every penny he had if it meant keeping Chloe here with him forever. She was all he wanted in every way, and no riches or power he had so often strived for could ever compare to this feeling of being with his beloved wife.

When the couple finally fell asleep a while later, they knew they did not need to dream, they already had everything they could ever desire right here, wrapped in each others arms.

Crashing through the door of a room just down the hall, Clark and Lois were far less content than the couple they had previously been chasing around. They had such a need and want for each other, that could not be controlled. It did not occur to either of them that this was inappropriate or wrong, forgotten was the awkwardness and such that came after their last attempt to get so close. This time it seemed nothing would stop them as they fell onto the bed together in a tangle of limbs, shoes off and shirts soon to follow.

“Oh, Clark” Lois gasped, lying on top of him as he kissed her skin, “I want you”

“Want you too, Lois... love you” he told her between kisses, shocking her out of her passion-induced daze for a moment as she pulled back to look at him with a slight frown on her face.

“You... Oh my God, you do love me” she said, a grin breaking through before she threw herself down on top of him once again and kissed him hungrily, “I love you too” she swore as her hands moved down his body and worked on getting his pants off, as well as her own.

Words of passion and love already spoken, actions would be the real proof of what existed between the couple that would have only denied any such a attraction a few minutes ago. Now all they knew was each other, how much want and need and love they felt as they realised this was it,. the moment that had been too long in coming. Looking down into his eyes as Clark looked back up into hers, Lois could not mistake the love he had for her, and only hoped he saw as clearly the true feelings that came from her heart as two quivering shadows on the wall became one and a second love was entirely proven tonight in a moonlit Vegas hotel room.

To Be Continued...

An Accused Heretic Senior Member Kit Merlot's Avatar

Re: Love Potion No.9 [PG-13/R maybe] (2nd Nov 2008)

Ultra, I hope you don't mind, but I kind of just skimmed the Clois, but I did love this line:

“‘Dear Lois and Clark, Some investigative reporters you guys would make!
    Damn straight!! Chloe is twice the reporter those two will ever be, and no amount of retconning by the show will change that. I'm trying not to let my dislike of the SV version of Clois taint my perspective of the version of this story, and I hope that now that they've given into their feelings, they will be able to accept that Chloe and Lex feel the very same way about each other.

Speaking of which, the Chlex was so beautifully passionate, and I love how truly happy they are together--excellent work
    Last edited by Kit Merlot; 2nd November 2008 at 23:44.
    KATHY

"Don't quote me to me!" Detective Danny "Danno" WIlliams, Hawaii Five-0, episode 1.8 Mana'o

"This could barely fill up Thumbelina!" SALIGIA by westwingwolf

My Fanfic Master List

My livejournal: An Accused Heretic

Spunky Chick Senior Member hfce's Avatar

What a great update. I wish Lex would stop drinking that water though. Something tells me the more he takes it will cause trouble alter on.
    "Everyone seems normal until you get to know them. "

Cute update! I can't wait to see what happens when both couples come down from their pink high's. I look forward to reading more!!

NS Senior Member Senior Member

I'm so glad those two idiots didn't think twice before drinking something that was ordered by two people they already know were affected by the water.

Eventually though, Chloe and Lex will run out of the water and while they are certainly in love, it's having to convince each that it's not just the water that might drive them crazy.

I love the Clois. I'm an old Superman buff who knows they really belong together regardless of how stupidly they end up together, so Clois is dumb for drinking the water. BUT they are in love.

Lex I'm afraid is going to have reality smack him in the face when the water is gone. He screwed off the first round and already is having doubts hours after getting married and laid. There could be some bumps ahead.

Great update!

A/N: Kit, you read this any way you want to, its cool with me Glad you liked that line, I just couldn't resist the irony! Having experienced what they have together, you're right, they should better understand the Chlex Hope, you know the bad has to follow the good! SVfan, www and superag this is the chapter you've been waiting for!
    Thanx for all the feedback, guys! This story doesn't have much further to go, and you'll see why, if you keep on reading!

Chapter 13

Lois awoke to the beautiful feeling of strong arms around her body, holding her close, as sun trickled in through the window and warmed her skin. For a few seconds she was happy, literally smiling at the warm safe feeling she got from being here like this. Unfortunately, as her dream-like state gave way to reality and her eyes snapped open, Lois didn’t feel so relaxed and comfortable anymore.

Glancing down at the arm curled around her middle, she knew she had not dreamt the man that held her now. Shifting her body against the warm but solid object behind her told her in no uncertain terms she was here with a man and within a moment her brain was flooded with memories of what she had done and with whom.

“Oh my God” she gasped as she practically leapt out of the bed, staring down wide-eyed and a still sleepy Clark, “Smallville!” she yelled, snapping him from the daze of slumber he found himself in, but not fast enough.

As his eyes focused on the only person who could be demanding his attention, Clark got the shock of his life to see Lois standing over him, completely naked.

“Geez, Lois” he said, turning his head away sharply, as the young woman herself seemed to take notice of her own state of undress and grabbed the comforter, wrapping it around her body.

“Yeah, Clark, because the sight of me is so shocking right now, after... what happened” she snapped at him, equal parts shocked and embarrassed and angry about what had taken place.

She remembered it all, in glorious technicolor detail; from drinking a cocktail in the bar, to being carried up to this room, from the moments of sweet passionate love to falling into contented sleep in each others arms. The whole thing had been beautiful, beyond anything Lois Lane had ever felt before, and that was perhaps what made her feel worse about it.

“I don’t understand...” Clark shook his head, his naivity only making Lois more mad at him, though it was not his intention.

“What do you need, Smallville? A diagram?” she asked angrily as she hopped around the room, trying to locate her clothing which seemed to be all over the place.

“No” Clark muttered from his place still sat up in the bed.

He thought he ought to get up and get dressed but he could do without Lois getting yet another look at his naked body. She’d seen it enough times before, of course, and last night she’d done things to him that the very thought of caused another large reason not to come out from under the bedclothes any time soon!

He knew very well what they’d done, and suspected he knew why too. Clearly the drinks they’d had in the bar were that purple shade for a reason - something blue and something pink mixed together he presumed, and knew then what the pink liquid would have been. Whether Chloe and Lex were aware of the cocktail they were giving to himself and Lois or the effects it would have, Clark wasn’t certain, all he knew for sure right now was that he was embarrassed beyond comprehension, not least because as he recalled the night before he realised that being with Lois that way was the greatest thing he had ever felt.

“Are you just going to sit there all day staring?” Lois snapped at him, and as he glanced her way and realised she was now wearing at least some clothes, enough to cover everything vital, “If you can’t do anything else, at least try to remember what you did with my bra last night” she said, apparently hunting around for said item.

“Lois, I... I’m sorry” he said, reaching for his pants that she had recently tossed at him and pulling them on whilst still covered by the sheets, “About what happened last night, I...”

“Forget it, Smallville” she waved a hand at him in an uncaring gesture, but the fact remained she couldn’t look him in the eyes right now, “It was just sex, it’s not like I haven’t been there before” she said, as she looked under the bed for her missing underwear.

Of course it was a much bigger deal than Miss Lane was pretending. It was true, she wasn’t a virgin when she slept with Clark last night, but she wasn’t some kind of slut either. There had been a couple of guys, but that was all, and neither of them had made her feel quite like Smallville had. She’d like to say it was all the water’s fault, but she knew that just wasn’t true. You couldn’t fake what was between them when they made love like that. The way he looked at her, the way they kissed and touched each other, it was so real, so intense, so overwhelming, even now as Lois recalled it. This was the real reason she couldn’t bear to look at Clark, she figured, though her eyes were immediately on him when he spoke, her head whipping round in an instant.

“I haven’t” he muttered, though she heard the words loud and clear in the silent room.

“What?” she asked immediately, “What did you just say?”

“Nothing” he told her just as fast as he stood the opposite side of the bed to her now, concentrating only on buttoning his shirt.

Of course that nothing was in fact something. She’d said that wasn’t her first time, but what she didn’t know yet was that it had been his. The only girl he’d really been serious about before now was Lana and they’d never really got past second base! Sex had never been something he’d got close to with anyone until Lois. Last night when they went ‘all the way’ as it were, it was all a brand new experience for Clark, and it was strange to realise that despite the red kryptonite in his system, he’d kept complete control. Usually his abilities ran riot when he was under the influence, and yet one thing he’d always feared so much, hurting or harming a woman he cared about when they were together in this way, it seemed he’d been worried for nothing.

“Clark” Lois was suddenly beside him and in the mess of thoughts in his head, he really hadn’t noticed til her hand touched his arm and made him physically jump, “I didn’t know...” she said, looking almost guilty as she retracted her hand and finally met his eyes for a moment.

“Doesn’t matter” Clark said, pushing past her and moving around the bed to locate the rest of his clothes, though the conversation at hand ought to have been rather more important than shoes and socks!

This whole thing was just so embarrassing for the young man who practically blushed at everything related to intimacy. Sex would’ve been the last thing he would want to discuss at the best of times, and especially not with Lois. Unfortunately, he had little choice right now, given how they’d spent the night.

“Of course it matters, Smallville!” she yelled at him, frustrated by his attitude as much as she was by what had happened really, “I mean, how is it even possible that you...” she said, as Clark looked at her only enough to glare a little, “I’m not blind, y’know? You’re not exactly unattractive and you were with Lana so long...”

“We just didn’t, okay?” he snapped at her, knowing he couldn’t explain it to her, even if he wanted to, and he really didn’t right now.

Lois felt awful, not least because she’d slept with this guy under the influence and in a state of less than sound mind. She doubted the ‘first time’ meant as much to guys as it did to girls, though Clark was the thoughtful kind, she knew, and probably would’ve preferred to save himself for marriage of something similarly quaint. They weren’t even in love, although the thought suddenly occurred to Lois that in the heat of the moment they had said as much. She wanted Clark, in a moment of sheer animal passion, but he had loved her, so he’d said. Her response was to tell him she felt he same, and when she thought about it hard enough she knew at the time of saying the words they had been real. It was ridiculous to think that anything but the freaky water they’d consumed had caused it, and yet she couldn’t shake the little voice in the back of her head that said it wasn’t true as she stared at Clark.

“It was the water” she said aloud, though whether she was trying to reassure him or herself, Lois couldn’t be certain, “It’s not our fault, it was just a mistake, like a side-effect, right?” she said, both question and statement in one as she stared at him.

Clark looked back at her with equally troubled eyes as sat in her own face. Neither of them could really answer her question. Had they behaved the way they had because of the water alone? It had certainly taken away their inhibitions, made them stop caring about the consequences of their actions. Whether or not it had actually made them want and indeed love each other, neither seemed to know for sure, and Clark couldn’t stand the intensity of the situation as their gazes remained locked too long.

“I have to get out of here” he declared suddenly turning towards the door.

“Running away doesn’t change this” Lois said as she went after him, grabbing his arm as the door opened.

“What do you want from me, Lois?” he said, an angry edge to his voice by now.

He didn’t want this, all these complications in his life, he had enough already, not least trying to figure out how to get Chloe and Lex back to normal before things got out of hand. On reflection, Clark knew it was too late for that, but it was still a situation he had to deal with.

“I just think…” Lois began, stopping short as the pair turned as one there in the bedroom doorway.

Movement was audible behind the door across the hall and when it suddenly opened the arguing non-couple were stunned to see the very person they’d been chasing around the last couple of days.

“Chloe!” Lois gasped, looking past her cousin and spotting Lex still lounging in the bed.

It shocked both Lois and Clark to realise that the wedding night of their friends had in fact been consummated the same night as their as yet undefined relationship, and right across the hall from each other. This was perhaps the greatest evidence to suggest that coincidences were all too common, especially where the residence of Smallville were concerned.

“What are you…?” Chloe asked, as Lois dove back into the room she and Clark shared.

In a moment she was back and Clark knew her plan as a wave of nausea hit him and his head throbbed.

“Hey, cous” Lois smiled sweetly even as she raised her arm, “Catch!” she said as she threw the green rock in her hand.

Instead of doing as she was told and raising her own hand to catch the object, Chloe ducked away from the projectile, sending it sailing past her and skimming the side of Lex’s unsuspecting bald head, before knocking against the headboard and bouncing back into the centre of the bed. Spinning around to see her new husband’s fate, Chloe looked positively distraught to see blood trickled from a cut on the side of Lex’s head. Bolting back into the room, she barely noticed Lois and Clark follow her as she scrambled onto the bed to check Lex’s injury. In doing so, she moved straight over the rock, the green kryptonite making contact with the skin of her legs and feet as she moved up beside her husband. In an instant she forgot what she was doing and why she was here. Just as fast, she recalled it all, every moment and every detail, and for the first time in two days realised it was all wrong.

“Chloe...” Lex said softly, his own brain unscrambling too as their eyes met for just a moment.

“No” the blonde said flatly as her face crumpled and tears ran from her eyes, “Oh my God” she gasped, her hand covering her mouth as she leapt off the bed and ran for the adjoining bathroom.

“Chloe!” Lois yelled, hurrying after her, as Lex looked over at his old friend with a frown on his face.

Clark knew that look, and the feeling attached to it. After all that had happened, he couldn’t really blame Lex, or Chloe, anymore than he and Lois could blame themselves or each other for what had happened. Still, that didn’t mean they wouldn’t all have to deal with consequences, and that particular hardship started now.

To Be Continued...

Re: Love Potion No.9 [PG-13/R maybe] (9th Nov 2008)

YAY! for Clois but that ending was extremely cruel. YOu have to come back and update this right now. I'm sure everyone will e happy after screaming at each other for a very long time.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information