+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 30 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: Home - NC-17

That was beyond fantastic! PLEASE keep up this fic!

:chlexsign4:

red turtle
    Just a Guest!
    :chlexsign4: More please!!!!!!!! uppyeyes:

Fabulous so far. I can't wait to see what Lex does if he ever manages to pull himself out from under the dogs. Anytime you want to add that would be great. How about now? ...... now? ......now? sigh I'll guess I'll just have to wait patiently then.

walking with cavemen Senior Member Zannie's Avatar
    Okay, I've tried to be patient. Really. I have. But I'm really very needy. And Lex is still being attacked by dogs.

And my nagging of crankychick paid off, so I thought maybe I'd try it with you too.

Update soon, please.

Please?

I'm planning a shout-out to you in my next chapter of "Road Tripping," so maybe that can count as a bribe.

Are you responsive to bribery? To begging and pleading? To threats? (Because I can do threats too.)

All right. That's all. Just update soon.

Please.

NS Senior Member Senior Member malugargula's Avatar
    OMG what a wonderful fic
    I'm loving it
    Please update soon
    Malu

NS Full Member
    A/N: Thanks to everyone for all of the feedback and encouragement. Sorry for the delay.

This one's for Zannie, who bribes like a pro : It's only fitting, since my total lack of planning before starting this has resulted in the necessity of including a flashback in every entry - a technique you have gotten down pat.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Luckily, Ben was the first one to enter the house. He ran over to his mother and threw his little arms around her, torn between a bout of shyness regarding the stranger outside and a need to share in her glee over the antics of his three good friends. By the time Lana entered, Lex in tow, and headed for the bathroom, Chloe was calmly listening to her son describe the new kittens in the barn loft. She was very careful to not look at her former paramour, and as a result maintained her straight face until Pete came in. One glance at his delighted expression had her burying her face in her son's little neck to mask the giggles and snorts that she couldn't control.

Dinner was strained, yet uneventful. Ben answered Lana's questions about preschool, Lex answered Lana's questions about his relocation, and Chloe answered Lana's questions about the latest news in the Ledger. Pete threw peas at Ben when he thought Lana wasn't looking, and Lex threw sad glances at Chloe when he thought no one was looking. For her part, she didn't look at him at all.

Finally, the meal ended. Chloe helped Lana clear the table, then hustled out of the kitchen when Lex joined them.

"Ben? Sweetie, we need to get going!"

The little man in question careened around the corner of the living room, a tractor in each hand and a protest on his lips.

"Pete said I can spend the night!"

"Oh no, short stuff. I said it was okay with me, but you had to ask Lana and your mom." Pete chuckled as Ben eyed his mother warily, then darted into the kitchen. "He's getting maximum back-up, just in case."

"Are you sure you want him here all night? He's pretty wound up."

"No problem, we'll wear him out. It's good practice."

At that moment, Ben darted back into the hallway and leaped into his mother's arms.

"Lana said she loves to have me, Mommy. Can I stay? Please?"

"I guess so. But you better behave yourself!"

"I will!" He returned her Eskimo kiss, then reached for Pete. As the pair returned to the living room, Chloe heard her son ask why the stranger in the kitchen had no hair.

"Because," Pete replied, "he's so bad, his hair was afraid and ran away."

When Chloe got back into town, she was reluctant to go straight home. Despite the fact that it was a relief to occasionally get a break from motherhood and work at the same time, the house always felt strangely empty without Ben home to keep her company. So, she drove to the Talon instead.

She settled into a private corner booth with an Irish creme cappuccino and the latest copy of the Talon literary magazine Martha had been trying out. Lana had done some lovely sketches of summer flowers to decorate the pages, and Lois had submitted one of her sappy romance stories. Chloe was pleased to see that six other people had participated, four more than the previous month. Martha and Gabe had both tried to convince her to write a human interest story to balance the lighter fiction, but she had declined - though not without noticing the increasing communication between her father and the widowed Mrs. Kent. Jonathan had passed away shortly after high school graduation, and Martha had grieved for him for years. But lately, she and Gabe had been spending quite a bit of time sharing home-cooked meals, and had even recently taken Ben to the zoo together. Luckily, Clark was taking it well.

Chloe had very nearly convinced herself to get up and go home when a shadow fell over her table.

"Miss Sullivan. May I join you?"

Without looking up, she sighed and nodded. Lex slid into the booth across from her, a steaming cup of black coffee in his hand. After taking the barest sip of his drink, he leaned back and considered her carefully, obviously calculating how best to phrase what he'd come to say. While she waited to hear his excuse, her mind idly drifted back to the last time he'd given her that look.

"I have to tell you something."

He'd let himself into her tiny apartment in Metropolis. It was only a block off campus, which was convenient for her as a then-sophomore in college. She'd been trying to take a relaxing hot bath; it had been a stressful week of finals, and it was freezing cold outside. A few candles provided the only illumination in the tiny room.

"Okay," she'd replied, sitting upright in the tub. She'd pretended to be oblivious to the bubbles that slid down her bath oil-slicked skin, and to the way he watched the water drip from her nipples, suddenly rock-hard in the chilly air.

"Chloe." He'd even closed his eyes. "I can't have a rational conversation with you like this."

"What, these?" She'd playfully flicked a droplet before it had a chance to fall on its own. "It's not my fault you left the bathroom door open. The space heater is only so effective, you know."

He'd feigned aggravation, but when she'd stretched up, he'd bent from his perch on the side of the tub to meet her lips. His kiss was immediately urgent, almost desperate; the arm that snaked underneath her arms was nearly lifting her from the water, while his other hand clutched the back of her head with fingers she was certain were branding her skin. She'd pulled back, and he'd followed her with a splash. They'd twisted onto their sides, legs tangled, water sloshing everywhere. His tongue had lapped the moisture from her skin in a line from the corner of her mouth, along her jaw, and dipping beneath her earlobe, and then down. Her breasts were again under the water; she started to lift herself to give him access, but he'd pushed her back down until her nipple was barely beneath the surface. His mouth had briefly closed over it and provided her scant relief before he'd retreated to hover over it. She couldn't see what he was doing - as a result, the shriek she released when he forcefully blew a mouthful of water straight onto the peak was as much from surprise as it was from pleasure. Laughing, he sat up and removed his sodden coat, tie, shoes, and socks, tossing them in the general direction of the sink.

She'd been busy admiring the way his soaked silk dress shirt clung to his torso, so the clink of the tub drain being released was unexpected. Her disappointment was curtailed, however, when Lex had immediately turned the water on. He'd adjusted the temperature, then reached up. The massaging showerhead, his housewarming gift when she'd rented the apartment, had had very long hose…

He'd nudged her legs apart and knelt between them. He'd started the spray on a low-pressure pulse, and it felt wonderful. She'd rested her knees on the sides of the tub and reclined on her elbows, her head lolling back as she relaxed into the sensation. When he'd increased the pressure after a few moments, she'd looked up at him to express her appreciation. Instead, she'd found him watching her wantonly spread, wet body hungrily. Aroused even further, she'd begun moving her hips against the spray and bent her arms around so she could fondle her breasts. He'd started to bend over her, but she'd suddenly changed her mind.

She'd rolled partway up, careful to keep his hand and its toy between her legs. She'd made quick work of his button and zipper, then pushed the clinging, wet material from his hips. His cock was barely free before it was in her mouth, and he'd sagged against the side of the enclosure as her tongue had blazed a path up and down the bottom of his shaft. Her head bobbed a few times before she took the head between her lips and sucked hungrily. She was rewarded with a bit of precum, and she'd rubbed her tongue hard against his tip to savor the taste of it in her mouth.

Without warning, he'd increased the pressure of the water on her clit. Her hips had jerked, and she'd fallen back again. He'd bent over her once more and suckled her breast as the showerhead pulsed onto her swollen core. With a long, guttural moan, she'd come for what felt like ages, then collapsed onto the floor of the tub.

Lex had quickly turned off the water, then lifted her out. He'd laid her on the bath mat, then made quick work of his clothes before kneeling between her legs once more. He had deftly slid two fingers inside of her and pumped them in and out a few times to get her juices flowing again before he shifted his position, lifted her hips, and plunged in to the hilt. She'd grabbed the bottom of the cabinet to brace herself, and he'd fucked her hard and fast. Though she'd never admit it, she'd thoroughly enjoyed the caveman approach he'd taken that night, despite the fact that she knew she'd face a challenge walking across campus normally the next day.

After he'd come, he'd collapsed on top of her and buried his face in her neck. She'd almost drifted off to sleep before he'd finally pulled away and allowed his length to slide from her. They'd carefully laid his clothes across the towel racks and the shower curtain rod, and he'd spent the night in her bed.

Although they'd had sex at least twice a week for nearly two years, that was only the third time they had spent the entire night together. Both of the previous times had been the result of bad weather. Though they had never reached a point where Chloe would have called them "lovers" over "friends with benefits," it was still nice to wake in Lex's warm embrace…

…which was why it had been such a shock when he'd brushed the hair out of her face, told her how beautiful she looked in the morning sun, and informed her that he was getting married and could never see her again.

Chloe snapped back to the present when she realized Lex was speaking to her.

"…sorry I never called you, Chloe. I just realized that it wasn't in the best interest of yourself or your son for us to become involved again."

She sat up and glanced around the Talon. With the exception of the lone waitress and her boyfriend, who were making goo-goo eyes at each other at the counter, there was no one around. She turned back to him.

"You know, I'm a big girl, Lex. I think I can make my own decisions about who I do or do not become involved with. Besides, I wasn't aware that a quick fuck in the garden constituted involved. And I certainly wasn't planning on relating that experience to my son."

"I know that you are a grown woman, and fully capable of taking care of yourself. But it's just not safe…"

Chloe laughed sharply.

"You're right, Lex, it wasn't safe. But that's really my problem, isn't it? I can't imagine that you were planning on spending the next two weeks worrying about whether or not I'll start my period on time. And thank God you are incapable of carrying or contracting anything."

Lex stared at her for a few moments before he managed a reply.

"You're on the pill."

"No, I'm not."

"Yes, you were always on the pill."

"That was eight years ago. Do you really think I've been maintaining my birth control regimen all that time just in case you decided you wanted to pop back in, literally, sometime?"

Lex's eyes narrowed.

"I guess I should have realized you weren't using anything anymore, since you have a child now. Perhaps this unprotected sex is becoming a habit for you?"

Chloe's hand actually twitched, and she was sure she was going to slap him. She managed to contain herself, though, and settled for grabbing her purse and standing.

"Fuck you, Lex," she hissed. "You don't know shit about me anymore, and that's thanks to a decision you made. I will not sit here and be judged by someone who's been through as many women as you have. Not that it's any of your business, but Ben's father was the last man I was with until you last week. I was used to being alone, and now…" She sputtered for a moment, trying to think of a way to complete her sentence without completely humiliating herself. "Now I have to start all over!" Feeling the burn of tears, she stormed out, past the two teenagers who paid her no mind, and out to her car.

Unfortunately, her pride would not let her wipe her eyes before she was away from the Talon, so she had a bit of trouble determining where, exactly, her key was supposed to go to open her car door. A hand on her arm caused her to throw her keys on the ground in a fit of frustration.

"What, Lex? What the hell do you want from me now?"

"I'm sorry. I didn't mean for things to go this way."

"Whatever." She bent to retrieve her keys, quickly swiping at her tears before she stood. She succeeded in unlocking the door, but the hand that had stayed her arm now prevented her from getting into her car.

"Chloe," he said softly, "do you know what happened to Monica?"

She took, a deep breath, trying to place the name.

"Monica… your fourth wife?" At his nod, she continued. "As I recall, she was killed by a carjacker. I always assumed Lionel was behind it."

"No. She was on my father's payroll. She was killed by another business rival. Unfortunately, it didn't keep his company from going under, or prevent his suicide a few weeks later."

"Suicide?"

"Close enough. My point is, I don't let people I truly care about get close to me anymore. You were my best friend, Chloe. You didn't care about my money. You didn't mind when I said we had to stop having sex. But I heard you sobbing through the door after I told you I couldn't see you at all. Ending our friendship nearly killed us both, I know that." He stopped to gently wipe a tear from her cheek. "But I can't risk getting it back, because I'd be terrified that someone would hurt you or your son to get to me."

Chloe closed her eyes and chewed on her lip for a moment. When she looked at him again, she reached up and gently cupped his face in her hand.

"Take care of yourself, Lex." She climbed into her car and drove away.

She was almost asleep when she heard the knock at the door. She didn't even look out the window before she opened it - there was no need.

He kicked the door shut and she melted into him.

"Just for tonight," he whispered into her hair.

"I know," she replied. Her last coherent thought was to hope that Pete didn't bring Ben home in the morning without calling first.

(TBC)

Spunky Chick Senior Member hfce's Avatar
    The smut was nice but I almost was going to come after Lex for saying those things to her. But he made it up at the end. :clap:

Hope
    "Everyone seems normal until you get to know them. "

Members
    The tangled webs weaved. Wow. It just keeps getting deeper and deeper. Martha and Gabe interesting.
    Someone should sit Lex down and go "fourth marriage and what did we learn from this experiences?"
    No birth control huh?
    Well this should be interesting.

NS Senior Member Senior Member autumngold's Avatar
    My heart is breaking for poor Chloe!! Except for Ben she is so alone!! Thank you so much for the update!! How is Lex ever going to be able to make things right with Chloe? He's hurt her so much!! :crygreen: :chlexsign4: :crygreen:

Sugar&Spice of the gutter Senior Member Queen Of Tact's Avatar
    *cries* that was so sad.... I loved it........

Ok, i'm all up to date on this great fic, so you can mpost more again soon k...

CC
    "I am scared that I'm always going to be somebody's friend or sister or confidant, but never quite somebody's everything."

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information