+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: NS Advent Calendar 2008 - Two Dozen and One Holiday Lies - Reviews/Feedback here!

looking for updates Senior Member somethingeasy's Avatar

Re: NS Advent Calendar 2008 - Two Dozen and One Holiday Lies - Reviews/Feedback here!

Chapter Twelve
    awww, this was such a sweet and delightful chapter… LOL! and it ended on a really funny, ironic twist too… but I’m getting ahead of myself!

I really enjoyed how Lex strode into the Talon as a ‘man on a mission’. And unlike his more recent actions, THIS mission is actually a series of good and sensible decisions. *wipes away tear of joy* oh, isn’t it NICE to see Lex finally using his brain?! LOL!

I really liked how Lex finally made the decision to bring Chloe wholeheartedly into his life now. And it was delightful to see that it was Chloe’s present that inspired this decision. She’s going to be really pleased to know that a simple lighter convinced Lex to prioritize her above all things in his life… I wonder what he’d do if she gave him something bigger than a lighter next time… perhaps a sweater? LOL!

It was great to see Lex making and acting on the two-fold decision to bring Chloe INTO his life, AND ease Lana OUT. I know that Lana is a sweet person, but quite frankly, I don’t think Chloe would be as open to Lex’s wooing unless Lana was put away on a shelf for a good long while out of Lex’s life.

As Lana smiled brightly at Lex, her doe like eyes luminous; the lights glinting of the long, dark waves of her perfect hair, Chloe felt tears sting her eyes.
    ouch! As I mentioned, I don’t think Chloe would be able to bear the thought of Lex and Lana together, even as ‘just friends’ until SHE felt good and secure in her place in Lex’s life. It was quite painful seeing Chloe agony while watching Lex ‘drawn in, completely enthralled with Lana’s perfection’.

*phew* good thing that I knew Lex was approaching Lana to ‘break it off’ with her rather than continue his senseless pursuit of her. It was really amusing seeing how Lex had cleverly arranged the situation so Lana thought SHE was the one to break things off with HIM. LOL!

I really liked his observation about WHY he arranged the situation like that. Because he sensed that Lana would automatically try to draw Lex back in if she sensed that he was ‘waning’ in his devotion of her. That is a pretty cruel assessment of Lana, especially knowing that she does it without even realizing what she’s doing.

But that was no longer his problem. He was only interested in one woman just then, and by no stretch of the imagination would she be mistaken for a woman endlessly in need of saving.
    LOL! It’s good to see Lex recognizes ALL these new facts now. That he wants a woman who is most assuredly NOT a damsel in distress who needs constant protection, coddling and saving ALL the time… and that that woman is Chloe Sullivan. It’s awesome to see him finally getting his feelings and priorities right! Heh… but, despite having these realization, I get the feeling Lex is not going to stop the surveillance on Chloe, LOL!

Chloe scooped up the box and trudged up stairs. Entering her room, she dumped it on the cluttered desk. She really didn’t want to deal with a gift from Clark right then. All she wanted to do was get into a hot shower and wash away the disappointment of the evening.
    ROTFL! That was a brilliant ending, Skauble! So the situation has come fill circle back to the giving of the anonymous present. Only this time, CHLOE is the one mistaking the identity of the sender of her present. LOL! It was fun to see her mirroring Lex’s response perfectly, right down to the feeling of equal parts appreciation and annoyance about getting this present from someone who ‘doesn’t truly understand her’.

Oooh, I can’t WAIT to see what kind of a present Lex got for her. He might have ended up getting her a complete dud which will only make her go ‘huh’… but I get the feeling it’s going to be something special, meaningful and significant… and will make a huge impact on Chloe upon opening.

I look forward to the next update. Best of luck!

Spunky Chick Senior Member hfce's Avatar

Re: NS Advent Calendar 2008 - Two Dozen and One Holiday Lies - Reviews/Feedback here!

Part 13:

LOL!!! Chloe is in trouble. LOL!! I am still not trusting Lionel so the verdict is still not reached yet. I can't wait to see what Lex does to our sneaky reporter.
    "Everyone seems normal until you get to know them. "

Sarah I adore this story so much. I think its funny that Chloe has named the security guards after reindeer. That she is so genuine and that Lex can see her and accept or try to accept her concern and affection. Speaking of which are they gonna kiss soon?

Dagney

Part 14:

You see it is just futile to cut Chloe out Lex. You learn you might as well get used to it. LOL!!! I am glad he finally learned that. This was a cute update. I hope Chloe sees soon he wants her not Blana.

An Accused Heretic Senior Member Kit Merlot's Avatar

“Okay,” he gestured to the sofa. “Show me what else you found.”
    Good man Lex! Chloe is a great parnter in crime and he could use all the help he can get in unraveling this warehouse mystery. And I love that he has finally accepted that Chloe wants to protect him as much as he wants to protect her--they are a perfect match
    KATHY

"Don't quote me to me!" Detective Danny "Danno" WIlliams, Hawaii Five-0, episode 1.8 Mana'o

"This could barely fill up Thumbelina!" SALIGIA by westwingwolf

My Fanfic Master List

My livejournal: An Accused Heretic

Chapter thirteen

I love, LOVE chapters which have the two Luthor men immersed in extended conversation. ROTFL! I really enjoyed how Lex’s opening statement was practically identical to the opening words that Chloe had used during her conversation with Lionel too… a warning to ‘stay away from my beloved!’ LOL! Isn’t it FUN to see how these two kids’ minds run along the same track?

LOL! That dear BASTARD, Lionel. I loved his cavalier, dismissive waving away of Lex’s statement about him trying to murder Chloe. Pshaw: bygones! LOL! isn’t it so cool how he can get away with that kind of arrogance?

It was seriously awesome seeing Lex practically snarling out threats at Lionel about how he would BREAK his father if he ever tried going near Chloe again.

Wow! And Lionel’s response to Lex’s snarling threats was nothing short of unprecedented and amazing… especially to Lex himself. I really liked how Lionel actually adopted a humble and contrite tone after this, and he seemed quite genuine in his comment about how much he approved of the budding Chlex relationship, and how he wanted Lex to know that he has his father’s full blessings in this regard.

I was very interested in the report that Lionel had passed down to Lex over here. I don’t fully understand the significance of the report as it pertains to their current situation, but I guess we’ll get clarification on that later, huh? MOST interesting was finding out that all THREE members of the ‘investigative team’ (Chloe, Lex and Lionel) had arrived at this information through their own separate investigation pathways.

Heh… whoever was trying to hide this information seriously needs to tighten up on their security, LOL!

“He had a Devil of a time tracking her down.” Lionel’s voice took on a slightly nostalgic quality. “She always was amazingly resourceful. I’ve often regretted losing someone of her extraordinary talent.”

“Lose?” Lex asked, incredulous and momentarily distracted from his previous anger. “You didn’t lose her. You tried to kill her!”
    ROTFLMAO! I adore how Lionel is acting so paternalistically indulgent and nostalgic over this girl’s actions… practically a few scant months after ordering a hit on her life. LOL! And I loved Lex’s incredulous exasperation about how his father is acting as if Chloe was a beloved member of his investigative team instead of an unwilling, coerced ally who he tried to kill when she stopped cooperating.

And then it was actually adorable (though, perhaps only in my own eyes) to see Lionel actually impatient that Lex was continuing to harp on about ‘past issues’ when it was waaay past time for them all to grow up and move on! (Pshaw! Bygone!) ROTLFMOA! I seriously adore the arrogant way that Lionel lifts his eyebrows and expects reality to re-arrange itself according to his whims.

Lex watched his father leave and he knew the man was wrong. Oh there was a threat to Chloe, but it wasn’t shady truckers. It wasn’t even Lionel. It was him; because when he got a hold of her he was going to wring her neck.
    heh… I would suggest you don’t even TRY that, Lex. Trying to warn Chloe off an investigation OR reprimanding her about her technique is tantamount to waving a blood red flag in front of a VERY irritated bull. Chloe will GORE you, Lex! LOL!

I look forward to the next chapter. Perhaps time for Chloe to open her present?!

Chapter Fourteen

heh… It was a lot of fun seeing the chapter opening with Chloe ALSO in a hugely pissed off mood at Lex because he went ‘excessive even by Luthor standards’ and assigned FOUR bodyguards to follow her around everywhere. LOL! Any ‘normal’ person (who didn’t have the urge to throw herself head first into dangerous investigations) would have been enraged at that… so I can’t imagine how furious CHLOE must have felt having four goons cramping and stifling her style.

LOL! So it was in an absolutely perfect mood that Lex came up to Chloe with his complaints about how she’s been acting too nosy for her own good, because she’s been itching for a fight this whole evening, LOL!

I was ROTFLMAO at the impudent way Chloe merely ‘rolled her eyes’ at Lex’s histrionics about her investigations. As if she couldn’t understand why he was getting so worked up over such little things. Indeed, from Chloe’s point of view, there IS no good reason for Lex to get angry or hysterical about this.

Heh… and then Lex HAD to go down the ‘I’m just trying to keep you safe’ road of justification. Silly man! Hasn’t he learned BETTER than this by NOW?!? I loved Chloe’s exasperation that she has to repeat herself yet again that she doesn’t want anyone to keep her safely coddled in bubble-wrap. Not only would she not stand for it, but it’s not possible even if she DID cooperate with everything.

It was a wonderful, sweet moment to see Lex’s reaction to Chloe’s ‘I want to keep YOU safe too, you unappreciated moron!’… ok, she didn’t add in the ‘unappreciative moron comment, but it was implied! LOL!

Anyhow, it was lovely to see how Lex was so touched and overwhelmed by Chloe’s earnest proclamation. He’s finally got the picture that he and Chloe are EQUAL partners in a team, and he should stop trying to take charge of the situation while leaving her out.

Chloe’s smile was bright, although she tried to screen out the sense of victory. It was never good to make a Luthor feel as if they’d just lost a battle and anyways, as far as she was concerned, they were both winners in this one.
    ROTFL! Awww, just run it in his face a little bit, Chloe! Luthors practically never lose, so it’s always fun to see their losses flaunted in their faces. LOL!

“Of course not. What kind of friend would I be if I left you on your own to find out who is trying to swindle your multi-national conglomerate by leaving empty boxes in your warehouse, simply because we were shot at…”

Pausing for a moment, Chloe slowly played back, in her head, her last words.

“Our lives are weird, aren’t they?”

“Incredibly,” Lex agreed with a small twist of his lips. “I blame this town.”
    ROTFLMAO! No words! Except that it’s hysterically funny because it’s all true! LOL!

However, no matter what his feelings towards Smallville, Lex knew that he would never regret, for one moment, that fate had led him there. Not when it had brought him to the woman before him. A woman who had so little to gain by letting him back into her life and so much to lose. A woman who, instead of using him for the power and prestige his money and name brought was, instead, genuinely angry that he was not allowing her to take care of him.
    Awww, but wasn’t it heart-meltingly sweet to see Lex admitting to himself that, despite all the concussion and general weirdness that this town has brought into his life, he still feels grateful for coming here because it was here that he met the love of his life, Chloe! Isn’t Lex irresistible when he’s being (inwardly) romantic and sappy? LOL!

Heh… I’ve been waiting for the two of them to start working together as a proper team for AGES… and now it finally seems like Lex is ready to accept that Chloe is too valuable an ally to force on the sidelines… even if it IS out of concern for her own safety.

I look forward to the next chapter. Good luck and best regards!

Dealing w/ a Ship Change Senior Member

15 -

It's wonderful to see Chloe and Lex putting the pieces together. I'm sure they will solve their mystery in time, but did you have to leave it there?!

Part 15:

No you didn't just leave it there? I am glad they put the pieces together but come on. I want more. LOL!!

An Accused Heretic Senior Member Kit Merlot's Avatar

I liked seeing the Chlex mystery, but I have to admit to needing to see the Chlex kissing much more

Can't wait to see Chloe's reaction--WOO HOO
    Last edited by Kit Merlot; 17th December 2008 at 01:12.
    KATHY

"Don't quote me to me!" Detective Danny "Danno" WIlliams, Hawaii Five-0, episode 1.8 Mana'o

"This could barely fill up Thumbelina!" SALIGIA by westwingwolf

My Fanfic Master List

My livejournal: An Accused Heretic

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information