+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Shadows of the Past (R )

Insane Troll logic girl lexchloe's Avatar
    Great update. I love how you're linking Chloe and Lex together with the dreams they are sharing about Todd family. Can't wait to see how they unravel the mystery together. more soon please.
    I tried to drown my sorrows, but the little buggers learned how to swim.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Spunky Chick Senior Member hfce's Avatar
    This is so fascinating. I can't wait to see where it leads. More please..

Hope :chlexsign2:
    "Everyone seems normal until you get to know them. "

NS Senior Member Senior Member autumngold's Avatar
    So sad about Megan and Emma!! I really hope that Chloe and Lex can solve the mystery!! Very strange how Lex got the car and Chloe got the journal!! Can't wait for more!! :yay: :chlexsign3: :yay:

I am soooo not an addict tiger04's Avatar
    Great update. Hope for another update soon. I want to know what is going to happen.

AT

Luthor's Power Senior Member Sab_Luthor's Avatar
    what a coincidence that chloe have the diary of the woman and lex now own the car.
    more please

An Accused Heretic Senior Member Kit Merlot's Avatar
    A/N: This is the part of the story where I borrow elements from the plot of the movie The Grudge. I hope you all are still enjoying this.

Chapter 6

“My father has sent his lawyer to defend me. My guilt or innocence isn’t a factor, because my father would never allow a Todd to go to jail. “My father’s entire purpose in living is to ensure that no scandal touches the Todd family name. Megan and Emma’s deaths will never be solved, because he wants to brush it all under the rug…”

~~~

Chloe and Lex stared at each other for a full ten minutes. They had taken turns and told each other about their dreams/nightmares. Lex hesitated about mentioning his last couple of dreams, specifically the ones involving their being married. He hoped that Chloe wouldn’t be too freaked out about his dreaming about her. He didn’t think he could handle her ignoring him again.

When Chloe heard that she and Lex had taken Megan and Daniel’s place in Lex’s dream, she couldn’t help the blush that colored her cheeks. Lex hastened to add that Chloe seemed to be playing out all of Megan’s actions, and that he was reacting just as Daniel did. Thankfully, Chloe didn’t question him any further, and she gracefully moved their discussion past their dreams

Chloe tried to ignore the fluttering in her stomach that accompanied the knowledge that Lex had been dreaming of being married to her. She managed to stop the smile from spreading across her face, but she couldn’t stop herself from flushing.

She could see that Lex was embarrassed, so she decided to show him all of the articles she had found about Megan and Emma’s deaths, and Daniel’s subsequent arrest.

When Lex finished reading them, Chloe spoke up. “After Daniel was arrested and refused to answer the police’s questions, The Ledger stopped reporting anymore news about the investigation. The police couldn’t have just dropped the case, because the Todd family were practically celebrities. There must have been a huge outcry to see justice done, don’t you think?”

Lex looked slightly sickened when he answered her. “Not necessarily. I get the feeling that Daniel came from a family with money. And if his father was anything like mine, Mr. Todd senior would have paid to have the truth buried.”

“I guess that’s always a possibly,” Chloe agreed, but she seemed unconvinced. “Tomorrow, I’m going to go the Courthouse to see if I can find any court documents about Daniel’s arrest.”

Lex nodded, “Good plan, and I think I’ll run a check of the Todd Family through the Metropolis Historical Society. Who knows what we will find in the social registry?”

Chloe smiled brightly at him, and decided not to mention that he was helping her to investigate, thereby becoming her de-facto partner in crime. She was glad for his help, and his innumerable contacts, and what she appreciated the most was his complete willingness to help her, no questions asked. It felt good to be trusted so implicitly.

A brief silence had fallen on the pair, each lost in their own thoughts. Chloe finally broke the silence, the need to tell Lex about her theory too great to be ignored. “I’ve been thinking about why we’ve both been dreaming about a family who have long been dead. Now, my theory is kind of out there,” she started to explain, but she stopped when she saw Lex grin.

“Luthor, what exactly are you smiling at?” Chloe asked archly, while she tried not to smile in return.

“Sullivan, you have no idea how long I’ve been waiting for you to say that,” Lex glibly replied. “I have a theory of my own, but I want to hear yours first. So, please theorize away. I’m all ears.”

Chloe rolled her eyes, but she continued to speak. “I think we dreamt about the Todd family, because their lives were touched by a terrible violence. This violence left an imprint, almost a curse of sorts, on their spirits.”

Lex nodded thoughtfully. “I was thinking along the same lines. Megan, Daniel and especially Emma, were all very young, and their lives were ended too soon. And it seems we’ve been selected to see how tragic their lives actually were.”

“That’s also what I was thinking,” Chloe replied excitedly. “What are the chances that I would find Megan’s journal and you would buy Daniel’s car? I think we were meant to find their stuff, and to help them.”

Lex paused in consideration. After all, this was Smallville, and stranger things had happened. But Lex still had to voice his concerns “And what if we can’t help? Are you saying that we’ll be doomed to relive their lives, and their deaths over and over again, in our dreams?”

Chloe opened her mouth to speak, but Lex interrupted. “And, what about this curse? We have their former possessions. Does this mean that we’re affected by the curse, too? That we’ll die just as violently?”

Chloe shook her head, and tried not to sound annoyed. “Look, I don’t have all the answers, but I don’t think we’re in any physical danger.”

He heard the words and snorted in disbelief. No physical danger? Lex knew what that meant, and he tried not to let his dread show on his face. “So, that just leaves our mental stability in question. Great,” Lex muttered under his breath.

Chloe could hear the fear in his whispered words, and she felt her heart break. She reached out and clasped Lex’s hand. “Lex, don’t even joke about that. I think it’s more like our dreams will be plagued by their spirits until we help them find some sort of peace.”

“Maybe I’m being selfish, but I don’t think the possibility of having our dreams plagued by restless spirits to be a good thing,” Lex answered, barley controlling his sarcasm.

Chloe didn’t bother to formulate a witty response, knowing intuitively that Lex was just ranting at their significant lack of control in their own dreams. Instead, she just squeezed his hand, wordlessly offering her support.

After a few minutes, he slowly nodded his head in acceptance, but he continued to hold her hand, seeming to gather strength from the simple touch. “I think you’re right. If we can solve their murders, we’ll be able to put the Todd’s souls to rest, and we’ll be able to get our own lives back,” Lex said.

Chloe sighed in relief, glad that Lex agreed with her theory. Suddenly the enormity of the situation hit her, and Chloe tried not to look too panic-stricken. “Great, so all we have to is solve two murders that happened eighty four years ago. Piece of cake!”

“Emma, oh my God Emma!”

“Yes, Momma, I’m coming! What is it Momma?”

“MOMMA!”
    Last edited by Kit Merlot; 7th June 2009 at 04:26.
    KATHY

"Don't quote me to me!" Detective Danny "Danno" WIlliams, Hawaii Five-0, episode 1.8 Mana'o

"This could barely fill up Thumbelina!" SALIGIA by westwingwolf

My Fanfic Master List

My livejournal: An Accused Heretic

Oh my god! How great!!!

I love it... please don't wait too long for an update. This story is so interesting and all... please write more soon :chlexsign1: :chlexsign3:

NS Senior Member Senior Member Ami Rose's Avatar
    Originally posted by Kit Merlot@Nov 29 2004, 05:58 AM
    “My father has sent his lawyer to defend me. My guilt or innocence isn’t a factor, because my father would never allow a Todd to go to jail. “My father’s entire purpose in living is to ensure that no scandal touches the Todd family name. Megan and Emma’s deaths will never be solved, because he wants to brush it all under the rug…”
    “Emma, oh my God Emma!”

“Yes, Momma, I’m coming! What is it Momma?”

“MOMMA!”
    This is soooo cool! Please continue!
    *Coffee Break 9:00 to 5:00 Daily.
    *Heaven doesn't want me and hell is afraid I'll take over.
    *Are you crazy?
    *From zero to insane in 1.5 seconds!
    *If I agree with you, then we'd both be wrong!

NS Senior Member Senior Member autumngold's Avatar
    Poor baby Emma!! Does this mean she saw her mother get murdered? Lex and Chloe just have to help all of their spirits find peace!! Thank you for the wonderful update Kit!! This story is excellent!! :chlexsign4:

Escapeism Artist Senior Member asharnanae's Avatar
    Loved lex's and chloes shareing, very touching. Wonderful chappy!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information