+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Sexual Statistics (R) Updated: May 13, 2009

No charge for awesomeness

Re: Sexual Statistics (R) Updated: April 27, 2009

Hey if she can change her mind he can change his right???
    Of course he can, and I am totally for it when he does
    Last edited by ChloeLovesLex; 29th April 2009 at 00:00.

Imperial Dragon Senior Member Impress's Avatar

Whoo hoo, Update!

Poor Lex and his self-denial. Though I do like his slow realization that he's attracted to Chloe. I also like that they seem to be building a deeper friendship.

More soon.

Spunky Chick Senior Member hfce's Avatar

Lex just jump her bones now. You know you want it. Fun chapter Chloe you will get your man.
    "Everyone seems normal until you get to know them. "

NS Senior Member Senior Member malugargula's Avatar

I hope he changes his mind
    Malu

NS Full Member

A/N: Blue: Here's the rest of the drama and comedy. Have fun with it.

A/N: Sabby: Believe it or not, this is actually a short story of ours. So we've already come to the end. And without sex! Sorry folks! Hope you enjoy anyway.

“Remember what I told you earlier about your acting?”

Her hands clenched the fabric of Lex’s shirt a little tighter when she felt his hand running over her back. She really couldn’t tell but she thought she might have even scooted closer to him. She had to stop this or she was going to really embarrass herself.

She slowly raised her head careful not to job Lex in the nose with her skull. Wiping away her fake tears she looked up at him. She tried to get herself to let him go but was finding it impossible to do so.

Her eyes, with no permission from her brain to do so, went unbidden briefly down to Lex’s lips. Realizing the danger she was putting herself in Chloe was finally able to let go of Lex’s shirt and move back a little from him.

Hoping that her voice sounded normal, she said, “Well, Lana isn’t a particularly good actress herself but people still fall for it. Course, I’m going to have to work on projecting the ‘please protect me because I can’t do it myself unless it’s convenient and/or I have a pitchfork’ to really get it to work.”

Lex had caught her staring at his mouth and if she hadn't opened hers to say something, he didn't know what might have happened just then with her hands fiddling in his shirt and her face so close he could feel her breath on his chin.

“Somehow I'm getting the feeling that you don't like Lana as much as she thinks you do,” he surmised, keeping his hands still on the small of her back.

He had a feeling she was rambling to cover for the fact that the closeness between them was having an affect on her as well. “And you know, you don't have to be weak to be attractive,” he commented, then after a pause added, “Completely transparent faux weakness will do just fine.”

Chloe chuckled at the truth in Lex’s words. Nodding she said, “It’s too bad that I didn’t learn that in my formative years. I think that it just might be a little too late now.”

Leaning back and, more importantly, away from Lex a little more, Chloe was able to clear her head. “And as for not liking Lana, I think that you just may be on to something. If you can keep a secret, I’ve got another bombshell for you.”

She lowered her voice and leaned back in again, mentally berating herself for learning not one damn thing about what proximity and Lex in combination did to her. “I don’t think Jason likes her all that much, either. The other day I got the distinct feeling that I wasn’t the only one who wanted to smack her.”

“Plus, I can’t be sure but I think I caught him staring at my ass the other day.” She had a good laugh over that one with Lois. Those moments had been few and far between since she had started seeing Clark so it had been a nice time for Chloe. Made her think that maybe she’d be able to move past it sooner than she had expected.

Lex's brows arched as he took in that information and fit it into the other puzzle pieces he'd already gathered on the latest mystery he was following. It made his mind drift for a second, as he tried to look at what information he had in that different light, until his thoughts went right back to the fact that Jason had stared at Chloe's ass. That didn't sit too well with him.

“Is that so,” he stated slowly. Getting serious he looked up at Chloe, his arm tightening around her for a second. “Chloe, I realize that's a difficult thing to ask, considering the circumstances, but I want you to stay away from Jason Teague.”

The last thing he wanted was for her to get involved in this mess. She might be able to come up with valuable information, but considering how things had worked out the last time they'd worked together, it wasn't worth the risk. He could very well find out everything he needed to know without her involved.

Chloe’s brows drew together at the unorthodox request from Lex. He wasn’t one to warn someone off of something…unless it was really dangerous. Even though she didn’t like Lana, she had to admit that she didn’t want to see her on a morgue slab, either. And not just because then it would be in poor taste to make fun of her.

“He’s not dangerous, is he, Lex? Cause I might not like Lana but…” She watched as Lex shook his head.

“You don’t have to worry, I hadn’t planned on pursuing anything with him. Even if they did split up, I don’t date other people’s exes. It’s unseemly and, well, wrong.” She shook her head.

“If only everyone else agreed with me.” Looking back at Lex she added, “But one day I am going to ask you to explain your comment.”

Lex chuckled, satisfied for now that Chloe would do as he asked at least in a way. Maybe he'd tell her someday what all this was about, or maybe he wouldn't. In any case, she was safe for the time being. That was what mattered. As for her other comment, “That doesn't leave you much choice with partners, does it. Because you'd have to find a complete virgin if you want to hold true to that adage.”

Made him wonder how he'd ended up top of the list then, with his long list of exes. Then again, she had looked for someone to fuck, not someone to date. It would only make sense that she would have other criteria in that case. But it surprised him that she hadn't even considered finding someone to date instead of a simple fuck.

“When's the last time you were on a date?”

Chloe looked at Lex as if he had lost his mind. She could usually follow his line of reasoning but the question seemed like total non-sequitur. “It depends what you mean by date,” she said slowly.

“If you mean hanging out with someone which they consider a date but isn’t a real date because it’s not formal and all then a couple weeks. If you mean a real date date, well,” she avoided his gaze.

This was an embarrassing topic of discussion after what she had just pulled with him. Then there was the fact that Lex went out pretty regularly. She’d wager that he didn’t screw the women indiscriminately as he had in the past for a variety of reasons but he still had galas so attend.

“It’s been longer,” she finished, vaguely.

Not wanting to dwell on that fact, she switched the subject back to his other comment. “And I didn’t mean I wouldn’t date anyone that doesn’t have an ex. I meant that I don’t want to date someone whose ex is my friend.”

He nodded in answer after he had his theory confirmed. It was surprising that someone like her wasn't one of the popular people. She was pretty, smart and had a sense of humor, there was no reason she should be left on the sidelines. As for the difference she was making between a real date and a non real date, he wasn't quite sure.

“What exactly is the difference between a real date and the other kind?” he asked.

The conversation had taken a left turn, yes, but he was interested. To know more that is. For the time being that was all he would allow himself.

Ok, this was fine. As long as they were talking about her definitions and not her actual dating patterns that was alright with her.

“A real date is what you’re thinking. You pick the girl up, pay for her, go in for the kiss on the front porch or at the front door. It’s probably the only type of date that you’ve ever had being a gentleman and all of that.”

She would wager that Lex was a smooth operator in that situation. Then again it wasn’t fair of her to enter into such a bet after having all of the confirmation data that she did.

“The other type is harder to nail down. It usually involves him picking you up and then going some place that you go every day anyway. The Talon, the Beanery or a diner. As an added bonus sometimes his friends will show up a little later and he’ll invite them to join you. He didn’t invite them along or anything, it’s just that in a town this small…”

She paused and then clarified some of her points. “It wouldn’t happen on a first date. But anything after the second,” she shrugged, “fair game.”

Lex had been with her on the real date as far as picking her up and paying for everything went. That was a given. However, kissing on the front porch, or at the front door. He'd pretty much went from zero to hundred in his teens so there'd never really been the chaste kiss good night deal where he was concerned.

Where the non-date was concerned, he could see it happening, to other people that was. It couldn't be very comfortable when a date turned into a meeting of friends half way through. Not that something like that couldn't be avoided. Simply by not going somewhere you knew your friends, or business associates for that matter, would be.

“Hmm, that doesn't sound too impressive,” he commented.

Chloe laughed a little bit. “Yes, it’s not really at all. So, having one of those non date dates doesn’t really make you want to go out with the guy again.” She sat up a little straighter and wished that she could extricate herself from Lex’s arms easily. Talking about this wasn’t the most comfortable thing in the world.

Unfortunately whenever she leaned too far away from him instead of releasing her, he held her tighter. After her earlier display of clumsiness he probably thought that she’d fall off the bed, break her nose and then sue him.

“It’s also a shame that the non date is exactly the type that the Smallville men, and I use the term lightly, usually take you on.” Chloe ran a hand through her hair and winced slightly when it got tangled. After getting free of her mane, she added, “And none of the chicks seem to mind, either.”

“What is the state of the world coming to?” she asked, feigning great disappointment. “Kids today, I’m telling ya.”

Lex chuckled, as well at her comment as at the state of her hair, since instead of straightening it out, she'd managed to get it even more tangled and now had what looked like a Mickey Mouse ear sticking out from the side of her head.

Reaching up a hand he carefully tugged at the strand trying to smooth it out again.

“Yeah, things like that would never have happened back in the good old days,” he agreed with a wistful sigh.

When he tried to pull his hand back, his shirt sleeve snagged on something, and Chloe winced.

Chloe hissed as she felt her hair caught in what she assumed where the damn minuscule buttons that fastened Lex’s cuff. But at least it distracted her from that other feeling that she had gotten when Lex had touched her. That was one positive thing.

“Ow, ow. Hair caught.” She always found in these situations that full sentences weren’t possible. She knew that she must also sound ridiculous but she didn’t really care at this point. Lex thankfully stilled after realizing what had happened.

However, before he had heard her words he had drawn his hand further back to his body her forehead was now resting against his chest. All in all, it wasn’t the most comfortable position.

Lex kept his arm as still as possible, inwardly cursing the fucking little buttons. If he'd rolled up his sleeves this wouldn't have happened. Chloe's head was back on his chest once more but he'd clearly heard the muttered ow's.

“Sorry, hold still.”

He brought his other hand around her head, pulling the free hair away so he could see on which strand the stupid little buggers had snagged and pull it free. This hadn't happened to him in… He didn't think something like that had ever happened to him before. He didn't have a hair fetish and usually by the time he got to the point of running his hands through a woman's hair there were no buttons left to get snagged.

“I've got it, just one second,” he muttered as he slowly pulled the strand away from the button bit by bit, trying to keep the rest of her hair from falling back over.

Lex was trying to be gentle and it was very accommodating of him. However, taking her hair out of his button strand by strand was more painful that what she usually did. When another one of the probably still dozens of hairs caught snapped she muttered another ‘ow’ along with a curse for good measure.

“Just yank your hand away, Lex. I think that it’ll hurt less than doing it one strand at a time.” She paused, guessing that he hadn’t had to do this very often. “Do it in one movement but not too hard and it’ll be fine.”

Her left hand was on his shoulder with her nails digging into the flesh beneath his shirt. Realizing that she was clawing at him she let up on her grip. Her right arm was somewhere trapped between their bodies. She hoped that the situation rectified itself soon. Her wrist was at a strange angle and there was pain shooting up it.

Lex frowned down at her, wondering if she had some kind of masochistic streak that she was actually expecting him to yank her hair out instead of removing it carefully. Considering however that there were only a few hairs left that had gotten caught, he resigned himself to doing things her way.

“Ok, hold on,” he muttered, only realizing when she removed her hand that she'd been having a pretty tight grip on his arm the entire time.

He pressed his free hand down against her head where the strands were rooted and winced in sympathy as he yanked the other hand away.

Chloe cursed one more time for good measure when her hair was freed.

Chloe put her left hand to her head and started to rub at the spot where the stinging sensation seemed to be stemming from. It was an awkward move but her right wrist was killing her now so she couldn’t use that hand.

“Stupid hair,” she muttered. “Should shave my head and be done with it.”

Hearing the sound of her voice she knew that she sounded a little bit like a pouting child but she didn’t care. When she was in pain she often forgot to try to sound like an intelligent human being.

Lex winced in sympathy and brushed his hand over the spot, careful not to get his button snagged again.

“I'm sorry,” he apologized once more.

He couldn't remember apologizing so many times in the last few years either. It definitely surpassed his annual quota already. “But I think shaving your head might be a bit over the top, I think one hairless freak is enough for this town, don't you agree?”

“I suppose you’re right,” she said, taking her hand away from her head when Lex started to stroke the area. “I wouldn’t want to take away some of your mojo.”

“Bald and sexy really is your thing.” The sentence just hung there in the air so Chloe had to keep talking. “And stop apologizing, it’s not your fault.”

There, that was a better thing to say to Lex. Breaking eye contact with him, Chloe gently rotated her wrist. Which was a big mistake. She hissed in pain.

After their fight she’d been delaying her departure because she was enjoying her conversation with Lex. Plus, she wanted things to not be too weird when she left. She didn’t want to leave Lex on a bad note.

But now it really was time for her to go. The wrist had started to swell. Maybe she had pulled it the wrong way during her hair freakout and exacerbated the injury. A doctor was sounding like a pretty good idea to her.

“Lex, I should…” she let her sentence trail off as she gestured to the door.

“Oh, yeah,” he answered, disappointed even though he'd known it had to happen sooner or later.

Casting his gaze down for a moment, it fell on her wrist, which looked like it wasn't only purple, but slightly larger than it should be. “If you want I can take you to the Medical Center, this looks like it definitely needs some attention sooner rather than later,” he offered.

Lex wasn't quite ready to let her go yet. It had been too long since he'd had somebody that close and felt comfortable with it. And the last time it had ended with attempted homicide, which he didn't see happening in this case. Another reason why he shouldn't just let her walk out and away right now.

Chloe smiled appreciatively at Lex. “That would be great, actually.” She wasn’t going to be proud now and beg off, telling him that she could make it on her own. One of Lex’s drivers could take her but she was a wimp when it came to doctors and hospitals, even with all of her experience with them, and thought it would help knowing that someone was waiting for her outside the office.

She turned around and attempted to get off of Lex. It was harder than she thought without her dominant hand. As she slid back, she could feel herself losing her balance. “Help?”

Feeling like a damn fool would take a backburner to actual pain any day. Besides, Chloe didn’t have much pride left where Lex was concerned. It actually made things easier. It meant that she could just cut through the bullshit and be honest with him.

Lex ignored the slipping and sliding motions over his groin as best he could and helped Chloe to her feet. From there it took him a moment to find his shoes. He'd actually managed to catapult them half way across the room.

“Where's your jacket,” he asked as he put them on.

Chloe was still wearing his sweater and track pants, but looking at her wrist again, having her try and change clothes wasn't necessarily a good idea. Added to that, it actually looked cute on her, even with the pants being around three sizes too big. He grinned.

When Chloe looked up at Lex he had a strange smile on his face. She looked down at herself and realized how ridiculous she must look dressed in his clothes with a wrist that was getting to be twice the size that it usually was. “OK, I look like a madwoman. You’re going to have to get over it.”

“And I think I left my jacket out in your study along with my bag. Can you grab them both, please?” She looked around the room and finally spotted her shoes. Thankfully, they didn’t have laces or anything. It would be too undignified to have Lex tie her shoes for her.

Lex left the room to retrieve her things but when he didn’t return after two minutes she walked out of the room, which was a big deal in and of itself, and walked to the study.

Lex had been about to go back to the other room when his eyes had fallen on the binder poking out of the top of Chloe's backpack. He'd been contemplating taking a look at whatever information she'd garnered on him, who knew what it might come in handy for and stuff the rest of it in the shredder.

However, before he got to do any of that, he heard someone step into the room and knew Chloe had come looking for him because he'd taken too long. Taking out the binder, knowing he'd been caught, he turned around.

“You won't need this anymore, will you?”

“No, I won’t.” She looked at the binder. It was stuffed to the brim with information. A part of her thought that it would be a terrible shame to throw something with so much information in the trash. But she knew that having it around wouldn’t be good for her. Or anyone in the binder for that matter.

“If you want, you can take out your pages before I destroy it.” Chloe knew that she’d need the mother of all shredders to get the job done and that it might take hours but it needed to be completely destroyed.

Lex nodded and threw the binder on his desk. “In that case, let me take care of it,” he answered with finality. “Or at least, offer you the services of my shredder.”

Stepping up to her, he carefully wrapped the jacket over her shoulders, mindful of the wrist cradled against her chest. “I know from experience that's the best way to get rid off things and burn some aggressive energy while you're at it.”

Placing a hand on the small of her back, he carried her backpack and led her out the door.

~~~~
    “OW!”

She hoped that her yelling in pain wouldn’t cause Lex to barge into the office. Again. For the third time. She thought that if he did the doctor was liable to sedate him.

Lex had been asked to leave when he questioned the way that her wrist was getting wrapped. He had come back in once when he thought it was taking too long and then again when she had cried out in pain. The man really could not stand not knowing what was going on behind a closed door.

When she had explained how she hurt her hand, she had told them she had gotten mad and smashed it against a door, she watched as the doctor and the nurse had exchanged a glance. She had wanted to ask them about it but hadn’t thought it was the proper time what with her being at their mercy and all.

Once the doctor had left the room in order to speak to Lex about her condition, though, all bets were off. The nurse was tiding up the room and Chloe asked, “What was with that look the good doctor and you shared when I explained my injury?”

The nurse turned around to look at the young girl in what was obviously a man's outfit and answered as noncommittally as she could. “What look do you mean, sweetie?”

Of course she knew what the girl meant. When the blonde had given that rather thread-bare explanation of hitting a wall for kicks, it was obvious that she'd been lying. Both Dr. Manson and she knew a lie when they were faced with one, having heard enough of them through the years, especially here in Smallville.

If it was her guess, she would bet that Lex Luthor, who was probably not barging in this moment for the sole reason that he was giving the good doctor hell, and this girl were involved. She knew from the data given that Chloe Sullivan was in high-school. And everybody knew that Lex Luthor had spent a very wild year as an undergraduate at Princeton. Therefore it wasn't rocket science to put two and two together.

“Don’t give me that down home country bullshit, Nurse,” she looked at the woman’s nametag, “Attel. You know exactly what I mean. When I explained my injury I saw that you and the doctor looked at one another. I’d appreciate an explanation of it.”

She hated being patronized. And she was cranky after waiting in the ER for so long. And she was tired. And she was in pain. And she was looking for someone to take it out on.

Sighing at the attitude that she hadn't been getting from a patient for the first time, she stepped up to Chloe and handed her a bottle of pills. “Take these twice a day, for the next week. If the wrist isn't better until then, come back and have it checked,” she ordered as pleasantly as she could.

When she could see the young woman was about to blow up in her face she added. “And you and your boyfriend should be a bit careful the next few days. A sprained wrist and hematoma are not something to be messed with.”

With that she turned around and opened the door into the hallway. As she had expected, the boyfriend in question was jumping down Dr. Manson’s throat, in a silent, threatening sort of way. She remembered Lex Luthor from the time he'd dated that other doctor. A horribly thin brunette from the big city who'd deemed herself something better and too good to work in the medical center. She'd never liked that woman.

“Dr. Manson, I forgot to tell you, you have to check in with room 332, Mrs. Jansen complained that something isn't right with her drip and she insists on you checking it personally.” Nurse Attel to save the day.

If she got a dollar for every time she had to do that, she'd be as rich as the bald man turning to glare at her. Elmyra was smart enough to make herself scarce before he could round in on her.

As the Nurse hit and run Chloe found herself just staring after the closed door. She couldn’t believe the assumption that the woman had made. Though it was probably better that she hadn’t known that earlier. If she had, she might have turned a deep shade of red. Which she and the doctor would have misconstrued as embarrassment at getting injured during a sexual act.

She looked at the pills and muttered, “At least they gave me the good stuff.” She heard a knock at the door and couldn’t get out the words, ‘come in’, before Lex came stalking into the room. The words royally pissed weren’t even close to describing his mental state.

Lex was not pleased with the situation at large. And that was an understatement. The doctor had had the audacity to send him out of the room and moreover had proven to be highly incompetent if the screams he'd had to endure listening to from the other side of a closed door where anything to go by.

“Knew I should have just called Tobey,” he muttered as he stalked into the room, immediately honing in on Chloe.

“You alright?”

Her hand was wrapped all the way down to mid forearm and in her good hand she was holding a bottle of pills. Taking them from her, he read the label and gave a satisfied 'hrm'. At least they'd given her the good stuff. He looked up, waiting for Chloe's answer as he put the pills back in her hand.

“Yes, I’m fine,” she muttered. She was, physically at least. But she was still thinking about what the Nurse had said and whether she should tell Lex or not.

On one hand it wasn’t of much consequence. Unless, of course, the Nurse had a big mouth and kept blabbing her incorrect assumption all over the place.

Chloe didn’t want to upset Lex anymore but she didn’t see a way out of it. “The Nurse thought I got injured having sex with you.” After the long day that she had there wasn’t much tact left inside of her.

Besides, she was sure that Lex would appreciate the direct route. He didn’t seem to be into people pussyfooting around a situation. Especially one such as this.

“I just thought you should know in case you want to have a word with her,” she added.

Lex took a deep breath and reigned in the urge to hit something. Great, this was exactly the last thing either of them needed. “What was her name?” he enquired calmly.

He'd take care of it, if he had to fire the entire staff of this damn town hospital and replace them with ones handpicked by himself. There would be no rumors going around about him fucking Chloe Sullivan and injuring her while he was at it. That was exactly the situation he'd tried to avoid. Having to walk the shady side of legal to secure Chloe's reputation. He couldn't give a shit less about his own. For him it wasn't anything new to be called every name under the sun.

Chloe cursed herself for dragging Lex into this. Sure, he had shanghaied her to his house and then locked her up…..when she remembered that little tidbit it was hard for her to press on.

He had only been trying to help her, she reminded herself, and this was where it had gotten him. “Nurse Attel was her name,” she said, simply.

All she wanted to do was get away from Lex. At this point them being together was doing him more harm than was necessary. “If you want to go and take care of that I can get home on my own.” Her words were somewhere between a statement and a question.

Lex shook his head. “It's alright,” he answered without thinking.

He'd brought her here in his car, hers was still parked in front of the Talon. So reasonably, there was no way he could just leave her here, not to mention there'd be some explaining to do with Gabe concerning her injury and it wouldn't look good if he just let him pick her up in the hospital and tail it before the man arrived.

“Come on, let's get you home.”

He held out his hand to help her down from the exam table. If it hadn't worked to convince her, Lex would be feeling considerably worse about locking her up in the guest room. Looking at the huge bandage around her wrist and forearm, he felt like an asshole as it was, anyway.

Chloe took the offered hand and carefully got down from the table. She knew that once she was out of his hair, so to speak, that he’d be making some calls back to the hospital. She sighed, imagining how much money he was going to have to shell out in order to buy the nurse’s and doctor’s silence.

“Ok, Lex,” she said, placidly. He opened the door for her and she walked out into the hallway. Nurse Attel nodded at her and she felt Lex tense up next to her. She looked up at him and saw that he was scrutinizing the nurse.

Looking at the nurse, he was sorely tempted to threaten her within an inch of her life right this moment, but thought better of it. Instead, he merely glared and inclined his head before turning his attention back on Chloe. The nurse wouldn't be too big of a problem. He was convinced, having taken one look at her, that she could be convinced to keep her mouth shut, if she thought it the best for all parties involved. He had means to make sure she thought that.

Lex led Chloe out into the parking lot and helped her back into the car. Once he was settled himself, he tried to put the issue out of his mind until further notice.

“What do you want to tell your father about the injury?” he inquired as he peeled onto the street.

Chloe shrugged as well as she could in her current condition. She hadn’t taken a pain pill yet and she felt the ache from her wrist radiating up her arm. “I was thinking as close to the truth as possible is the best way to go.”

She took her pills out of her pocket and was able to get the top off without too much trouble. Popping one of them she swallowed it while making a face. She should have taken it with liquid but the setting of her arm had increased her pain.

“That I was trying to make my point and thought that it needed some dramatic punctuation.” Her father would definitely believe that one, no problem.

“Besides, he’s got a hot date this Friday so I could show up with three heads and he’d just ask each of them for their opinion on the tie he’s planning to wear.” She chuckled at just how much of a woman her father was acting like.

But it was nice to see him excited about getting out there again. She was finally making progress with him.

Lex chuckled at the mental image, even though it was quite bizarre. “It's a good thing he's dating again. All the time he was working for me, I got a little worried that he never once mentioned a date or even a non-date date,” he used Chloe's earlier description, “It seemed a little weird considering how much he always shared about his private life.”

He wondered if the same could be said in reverse. Not that Lex had shared much about his private life, but it was a given that people would pick up on the fact that he'd never really 'dated'. His advances didn't make it into the press much these days, if they did it was usually smaller rags that weren't sold out here in Smallville. The only times he'd officially 'dated' someone since he was in Smallville where Victoria, and later Helen. Everyone knew how that went. Lex liked to enact a little selective amnesia whenever possible.

“I was worried about him, too,” Chloe admitted. “It’s been years since my mom left us both.” She paused, mulling over all of the times that she tried to convince him to ask out various women that had expressed interest. “But, he was very stubborn about doing it.”

She looked out the window at the landscape that was flying by. She noticed that Lex was going far slower than he usually drove. “I guess it runs in the family,” Chloe remarked, trying to beat Lex to the punch.

“And I’m sure that my father will be enough of a man to ensure that it’s a real date, too.” She had been giving him useless pointers all week. Her father was attentive and considerate, he’d do fine on his own.

Lex nodded, not really listening to what Chloe was saying anymore. He was caught up in his own thoughts, trying to figure out if he'd ever once had had what was considered as a real date. He'd gone out with daughters of business associates of his father's. That had been business. Later, he'd been out with potential female business partners. Again, business.

He'd had a list of one-night stands longer than your usual roll of toilet paper. He hadn't dated a single one of them. Remembering back to his early teens. Painful, to say the least. No dates there, either. College? Frat parties, one night stands, illegal lab, expulsion. No dates. Okay, so he really never had a date. Why was this important?

“Hmm,” he made a noncommittal noise to at least give Chloe the impression that he was listening to her.

Why was it important that he'd never gone on a real date? It wasn't like he'd missed anything vital there, was it? But it irked him. It just seemed wrong on some level, that he who'd had everything at least once in his life had never managed to end up having a real date. He wanted to be able to say he'd had that, too. Just to know what it'd be like.

Sadly, it wouldn't be easy to find someone to have that kind of date with. He'd end up running into the same type of woman that he'd usually have in the one night stand category, only he'd have to pay for dinner and a movie before they went down on him to become part of the illustrious 'Diamond Earring Club'. Lex didn't want that.

Casting a glance at Chloe, he called himself insane, but made his decision anyway. And just in time, as well. They were pulling into the Sullivan's driveway.

“Go out with me,” he stated bluntly, after he'd brought the car to a stop and pulled the parking break.

The drugs must have been even quicker acting than Chloe thought. She was now hearing things. When she turned to look at Lex, though, she knew that her ears hadn’t been playing tricks on her.

Chloe was now faced with a few options. The first seemed the most likely. She could ask Lex if she had heard him correctly, see what his motivations were. However, that would lead to a long drawn out conversation that would most likely end with Lex rescinding the offer. And, really, they had already talked enough for her liking.

She could turn him down. He had given her a laundry list of why they weren’t compatible yesterday. True, she had shot most of them down. But she knew that the only reason she would be turning him down would be out of fear.

And, she was done living her life like that. At least, she wanted to be. She knew that her fear usually held her back from doing and saying what she wanted, along with the rest of the human race. She had a chance to change her pattern though.

That left the third option.

“Ok, Lex. When is good for you?” She tried to sound casual and as if it was perfectly natural for Lex to demand to go out with her after returning from the hospital because she had hurt herself as he had held her hostage in his house after she had asked him to sleep with her. Yup, just another pedestrian night in Smallville.

Lex thought about it for a moment. Considering that it was Saturday today and he didn't really want to wait for the next weekend to come around until he could find out what it was like to be on a date.

“Is Tuesday ok with you?” he inquired, mentally already going over the changes that needed to be made in his schedule when she said yes.

He couldn't believe himself. After spending the last roughly twent-four hours trying to convince Chloe Sullivan that she shouldn't date a man based on statistics. After locking her in a room to make sure she wouldn't sleep with random strangers, possibly meteor mutants. After bringing her to the hospital with a sprained wrist, where people now thought they were sleeping together. He'd asked her on a date. Maybe he should consult a psychiatrist. Funnily enough, he didn't give a damn.

Chloe thought about the work that she had to do. But, being that she was a senior, there wasn’t much. There were a few outstanding stories that needed to be finished but she would tweak the ones that were almost done, push some back and farm out the rest. It shouldn’t be too difficult.

“Tuesday will work for me.” God, this seemed so normal but it was anything but. Lex didn’t date. Period. Well, at least he hadn’t in the past few years. She hardly considered what he did with either Victoria or Helen dating. The first was purely physical and the second had been too rushed. As if he had been in a relationship just to prove that he could.

Then there was her own track record to look at. Meteor freaks and guys that didn’t appreciate her. The two of them really were an interesting pair.

Lex nodded, satisfied that he'd gotten what he wanted. “Ok, I'll pick you up around six.”

That would leave them enough time to take the chopper to Metropolis, because there was no way he was going to take her out inside of Smallville. He'd think of something. Definitely not something too ordinary.

Only one more thing left to clear up, “I still won't sleep with you.” That needed to be cleared right away so she wouldn't get the wrong idea.

In all honesty, Chloe hadn’t even been thinking about that. She’d been thinking about explaining this to her dad, getting something to wear, making sure that she didn’t make a fool of herself on the date, finding a way to make her bandage as unobtrusive as was possible on Tuesday. Not about getting Lex into bed. But now that he had mentioned it, it had to be dealt with.

“I wouldn’t sleep with you on a first date.” Of course, Lex would have no way of knowing that being that she had already propositioned him before she had really even said a proper hello to him yesterday. But this was different.

That scheme had been about sex, plain and simple. But now that what was going on between her and Lex had changed, so had her plans. Well, actually her plans had changed again because her second plan had been to crawl under a rock and die where Lex was concerned.

“I promise that I won’t be trying to figure out a way to get you into the sack.” If Lex was worried about what she was up to she couldn’t see the date going very well. And that was important to her now for some reason that she didn’t want to dwell on.

Lex accepted Chloe's promise with a smirk. “Alright.”

And with that he'd arranged his first date. Huh, awfully simple. Except that it wasn't when he let himself think about the implications, so he'd better not do that until next Wednesday. However, he wondered if it might be wiser to inform Gabe beforehand. Maybe have a talk with him.

“Do you want me to come in with you?” he asked.

He could at least make an effort to explain why he brought Gabe's daughter back with an injured arm and wearing his clothes.

It was sad to say that her father was used to her coming home worse for the wear. She didn’t think that this current situation was anything that would cause her dad much alarm so she didn’t need Lex to accompany her.

“No, I can handle my father. He’ll probably just give me a lecture on being more careful.” Chloe rolled her eyes. It wasn’t that she didn’t see her father’s point, or agree with some of the principles of safety they had discussed in the past. It was the fact that she and her father had had this talk more times than she could count.

Chloe knew that she was stubborn and didn’t look before she leapt. That wasn’t going to change. But her father kept at it, it was his job. The clothes would be a little more difficult to explain, as would the date, but her father was a reasonable man. Thank god.

“I’ll see you at six on Tuesday.” She saw Lex start for his door and she said, “Keep your seat, I’ll see myself inside.”

She got out of the car and then after a moment of thought she turned back to the car and knocked on the window. Once Lex had rolled it down, she bent over and said, “Thanks for, well, our little chat. I promise that the sexual harassment portion of our friendship is over.”

“You're welcome.” Lex flashed her a grin, shaking his head. “And I'm glad you let go of that stupid plan.” With that, he rolled the window back up and executed a flawless three point turn out of the driveway.

This weekend had started out entirely insane. He would spend the rest of it in his office, playing pool and ignoring the phone. Lex would be happy to play hermit until Monday. Then on Tuesday, he'd have a date. Just because he could. And well, he liked Chloe, so who knew?

Fifteen dates, two break ups and an uncountable amount of sex later, they finally got their shit together and fell in love.

THE END

NS Senior Member Senior Member

Re: Sexual Statistics (R) Updated: May 13, 2009

I absolutely loved it! I think dating was a good start for them. Chloe's assurance that she wasn't go to sleep with him on the first date or try to get him in bed was hilarious as far as plans for first dates go. And I loved that Lex went crazy over protective at the hospital. And then the excellent little glimpse into how things worked out for them. So perfect for Lex & Chloe.

Dealing w/ a Ship Change Senior Member

You know, I actually liked the simple ending of nothing complicated but just getting to know you. Sometimes, that is the easiest and best way.

Spunky Chick Senior Member hfce's Avatar

That was so sweet. I am glad it worked out for them in the end.
    "Everyone seems normal until you get to know them. "

That was absolutely adorable. Even without sex. Perfect conclusion.

NS Senior Member Senior Member autumngold's Avatar

Exclamation Re: Sexual Statistics (R) Updated: May 13, 2009

Fabulous ending to your incredibly fun story!! Lex was so cute, deciding to try to date!! Thank goodness he chose Chloe, he was right about what other women would try to do!! Who else would be able to date Lex without jumping all over him?!! I wouldn't!! And it wouldn't be for stupid diamond earings either!! I have so enjoyed reading this fanfic!! Thank you Blue and Sabby for this, and all of your amazing stories!!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information