+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: NS Advent Calendar 2005 - Serving Christmas - Feedback thread

An Accused Heretic Senior Member Kit Merlot's Avatar

Re: Serving Christmas

Zannie, Jenny is a awesome--can she be a flower girl at Lex and Chloe's wedding?

And I wonder, how exactly will Lex get his vengence on Chloe?

This fic is truly adorable!
    KATHY

"Don't quote me to me!" Detective Danny "Danno" WIlliams, Hawaii Five-0, episode 1.8 Mana'o

"This could barely fill up Thumbelina!" SALIGIA by westwingwolf

My Fanfic Master List

My livejournal: An Accused Heretic

Quote Originally Posted by Julie
    Hehe, yeah... But you did still wait 24 hours
    I know, but at leat I can read the chapters when I'm still wake enough to actually understand it...

NS Junior Member

The kids were so cute, espically little Jenny. Great chapter.

Insane Troll logic girl lexchloe's Avatar

Loved today's update. Having Chloe and Lex deal with the kids was great. Loved how Chloe discovered that Lex was ticklish, the kids tickling Lex and the growing UST between Chloe and Lex.

And then she was smiling at Lex. Really smiling at him. And he was really smiling back at her.

The shared gaze lasted far longer than it should have, and it warmed something deep and heavy in her heart.

Soon, she was deeply flushed, but she still couldn’t seem to look away. Her only comfort was that Lex couldn’t seem to break off the gaze either.

“That was fun,” Mikey pronounced. “You guys aren’t bad, for grown-ups.”

“High praise, indeed,” Lex drawled.

“Thank you,” Chloe told Mikey seriously.

Jenny scooted over and curled up at Chloe’s side. “You’ve got pretty hair,” she whispered.

Chloe chuckled fondly. “Thank you.”

“And I like him even without hair,” Jenny continued, staring at Lex, who was wiping a hand across his damp, flushed face.

Lex must have heard the girl’s words, because he gave her a twinkling glance.

“Are you going two going to get married?”

Chloe grunted in surprise, and she saw Lex’s mouth drop open. “Me and Lex?” she said, an embarrassing squeak in her voice.

Jenny’s little forehead wrinkled. “Don’t you love him?”
    Chloe felt like she was choking and would have given anything for Lex to be in another room, in another city, on another planet right now. “Not like that,” she explained, trying not to hurt the girl’s feelings. “You don’t marry someone unless you love them special.”

“You don’t love him special?”

Chloe shook her head quietly.

“Oh,” Jenny said, sounding a little disappointed. “I thought you did.”

Chloe couldn’t even begin to look in Lex’s direction. She had no idea what she’d see on Lex’s face, but she wouldn’t be able to stand whatever it was.
    hee definite moment shared there. Also how much do I love children and their ability to just say whatever's on their mind? Jenny of course, being a child and wonderfully perceptive, can see clearly that the two of them love each other special, they just don't know it yet.

But then she was stopped. Actually, physically stopped. By the strangest thing.
    Lex had hooked two fingers into the waistband at the back of her jeans, jerking her motion to a halt.
    Looking at him questioningly over her shoulder, Chloe blushed again. But she was so flushed by now that no one would be able to tell the difference.
    “Just so you know,” Lex murmured, his voice textured and thick. “I will eventually get vengeance.”
    The words and tone made her shiver, but she managed to hide it. Quirked her lips and quipped, “I can hardly wait.”
    Then finally she was allowed to get away.
    I do believe Mr Luthor was getting his flirt on and Chloe was flirting right back

At the first sight of Matt’s crooked grin, she felt better. It didn’t matter how confused and disoriented Lex made her. He was still dark, dangerous, and manipulative.

The longer she hung out with him, the more this would become clear. So the less she would like being around him. Like the feel of his hand. Like the warmth of his smile.

Pretty soon, she wouldn’t be able to stand the sight of him. It wouldn’t take long. She had the whole month.
    And it was only the sixth day of December.
    Keep telling yourself that Chloe. Love how she's gradually falling for him even if she continues to be in denial about it. Wonderful update and can't wait for the next one.
    I tried to drown my sorrows, but the little buggers learned how to swim.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

An Accused Heretic Senior Member Kit Merlot's Avatar

Just the thought of Lex having genuine felings for Lana makes me sick, but I like how you had Clark mentioning that Lana isn't resisting Lex enough.

Chloe is such a good person that even when she lashes out in anger at Lex's hurting her and her dad and Clark, she still feels guilt for it. (I don't actually care if Lana's hurt or not. In fact, I think she could really use a world of pain, but maybe that's just me )

And I knew that Lex would help the Center--good for him for getting a dishwasher put in, but I hope he wasn't too hurt by Chloe's words. He just has to hold on to that good spirit inside of him.

Okay, I think I'm getting a little ridiculously sappy--I'm going to stop talking now
    KATHY

"Don't quote me to me!" Detective Danny "Danno" WIlliams, Hawaii Five-0, episode 1.8 Mana'o

"This could barely fill up Thumbelina!" SALIGIA by westwingwolf

My Fanfic Master List

My livejournal: An Accused Heretic

Spunky Chick Senior Member hfce's Avatar

Wow meet the two biggest jerks ever Clark and Chloe take a bow. I am not surprised by Clark but Chloe is a disappointment. Instead of making up your own mind. You rather let yourself be influenced by dumb and dumbmer Clark and Matt.

You wonder why Lex is the way he is because he was never given the chance to be someone who was nice and didn't have an agenda. Now you have made sure he will always choose the dark side because you just showed him why it doesn't pay to be nice. Yeah but that is ok since we know he contaminates everything he touches.

Hope
    "Everyone seems normal until you get to know them. "

NS Full Member

Quote Originally Posted by hfce
    Wow meet the two biggest jerks ever Clark and Chloe take a bow. I am not surprised by Clark but Chloe is a disappointment. Instead of making up your own mind. You rather let yourself be influenced by dumb and dumbmer Clark and Matt.
    You took the words out of my mouth, Hope. I wanted to slap her silly for listening to Clark (wanted to smack him as well), and for what she said at the grocery store. I'm glad she felt guilty.

Anyway, love this story. And an update everyday? Yay, I'm in heaven

is pushing daisies Senior Member

I hope they start getting on good terms soon. It hurts to see Chloe so negative towards him. Such a nice thing for Lex to do, trying to help the center, maybe Chloe will realize that he's not such a monster after all

Ok, I'm getting aggravated...I've been leaving feedback at the advent calendar but for some reason it's not letting me tonight. Go figure. So this is what I had to say for part 7 :

I want to jump Lex...it's official. I understand that Chle is trying to protect herself but she instead of just doing that she's lashing out and Lex is getting the brunt of it even though he hasn't really done anything...lately anyway.

He just broke my heart. Asking why Chloe hated him and donating the money...it's just enough to love him. Now if only Chloe would catch on!! Matt's nice and all but definitely not her man. Great work so far Zannie!

Steph*

P.S. - I am LOVING this story!!

Don't worry Zannie, if I'm angry with Chloe it's only because I love her - just like how she feels about Lex! You're right though, no rational person would trust Lex again so easily, because she thought they were friends before and was abandoned, who would open themselves up to get hurt again by that very same person. By the same token I don't really understand why she trusts Clark or considers him a good friend to her, but whatever. That's just the show.

But it's just so sad because Lex is so hurt and it's Christmas and he so wants her to like him. Your author's note over on the calendar has toughened me up though, I would like him to explain/acknowledge why Chloe might be angry with him, and that he actually treated her quite badly, because as much as I love Lex, I don't believe that all his evil deeds are a giant misunderstanding and he's just a poor woobie!Lex at heart...

Loved Chloe studying the beef jerky to extricate herself from an awkward situation! V funny and made me giggle amidst the angst!

ETA a little Matt-hate, after my second reading: I understand why Chloe is confused and angry and scared, but I think Matt is being a little inappropriate about Lex. Shouldn't someone in charge of a homeless shelter be open minded and compassionate about the people who walk through its doors, volunteers and guests alike, and the mistakes they might have made. And it's incredibly rude to keep talking about 'babysitting' a grown man who has blatantly proved himself more than capable of completing, well and without complaint, every task that is set for him.

Is it tomorrow yet? I'm totally wishing away my December thanks to this story!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information