+ Reply to Thread
Page 24 of 31 FirstFirst ... 142223242526 ... LastLast

Thread: Chlex Drabbles (G+) (Excluded from Fanfic Update-date rule, Julie)

Spunky Chick Senior Member hfce's Avatar

Re: Chlex Drabbles (G+) (Excluded from Fanfic Update-date rule, Julie)

Quote Originally Posted by nonky View Post
    Just president of LuthorCorp. I would think that would be impressive enough. If Chloe was the President's girlfriend I don't think she'd be allowed to get up to stunts like this one. She's probably the number one nightmare of that legal VP.
    She certainly would be.
    "Everyone seems normal until you get to know them. "

Na-No-Wri-Mo-ing!

PG-13 for this one, but nothing too bad.

She lived next to the spotlight of perfection that was Lana Lang, and she was a realist. Chloe knew she made mistakes, and usually could name exactly what they were shortly after making them. She could never jump fast enough to fix them, so she learned how to live with them, too.

She paid for them, fought over them, grieved them, paid penance and tried to forgive them quietly to herself. She came to terms. She settled them into little places in her mind, sorted by the kind of mistake they were. Youthful indiscretions were neighbours for silly lack of forethought. Rookie mistakes were put next to thoughtless moments. There was a hall of fame for trusting the wrong people.

She wasn't gullible. She wasn't. She could read people. She could hear tones of voice as quantities of truth. She could watch for the movements that made utter sincerity seem insincere. She knew she could do well with most people. With some she failed every time. When her guard was up she rejected them - turning her back when they were making genuine efforts. Then she felt guilty, and tried to be more accepting the next time. Invariably the next time they were lying.

She had only a few drunk mistakes and they were minor. Her leap before looking mistakes were legendary. Her list of boyfriends doubled as a list of mistakes kept to their own category: He never loved me, at least not enough.

She propped her chin on her hands and stared at the anonymous white pillowcase. Vegas had been fun, partying was a nice break and then she ran into someone who fit into at least three of her mistake categories. She couldn't trust him reliably but felt the urge to try sometimes, he was in the hall of fame and she had been pretty intoxicated.

She rolled to her side and looked at the man lying next to her, his arm extended toward her but not touching. She could shimmy out from the sheets and leave. His lawyers would deal with the matching quickie divorce for their quickie marriage. If her thigh muscles were telling the truth their newlywed status had not gone unconsummated.

Mind made up, she slid from the bed and crept to the bathroom to lock herself in. Her escape would have to include a pee break and a cold glass of water. She had never been so thirsty and needed to use the bathroom so badly at the same time. Once she was sated in both ways, Chloe washed her hands and stared at the rock sitting on her ring finger.

She put on her rumpled dress and far-flung underwear, then looked at the bed where Lex was still sleeping. Her hand was on the doorknob. She sighed as she added another category to the subdivision of mistakes in her mind. Mistakes she loved pulled up in a moving truck on the lot next to the drunk ones.

Chloe sat down on the edge of the bed and stroked Lex's slowly waking face.
    Her soul is senstive like a finely made tuning fork. It vibrates and resonates with every little hint of trauma, evil and monstrosity that might be humming in the air, and channels it into expressions of fiction... or recomended websites - somethingeasy

NS Senior Member Senior Member

Excellent drabble nonky! I'm glad that Chloe admitted to herself that she didn't want to walk away from this mistake. Sometimes being drunk can lead to the best things...not often but sometimes.

An Accused Heretic Senior Member Kit Merlot's Avatar

This was just awesome nonky!

Good for Chloe for choosing to stay married to Lex--she won't regret it
    KATHY

"Don't quote me to me!" Detective Danny "Danno" WIlliams, Hawaii Five-0, episode 1.8 Mana'o

"This could barely fill up Thumbelina!" SALIGIA by westwingwolf

My Fanfic Master List

My livejournal: An Accused Heretic

Thats great, nonky! I loved the way Chloe categorised all her mistakes, and made a whole new one for marrying Lex. I'd like to think what may have been a drunken mistake in the first place might just lead to something beautiful

That was good. I am glad she decided to stay.

Okay, here's a little something I wrote last year and posted at FF.net...

Unworthy (100 words drabble, post-Ep 6.6 Fallout, Lex POV)

The short-lived jubilation that he'd spoken of was true enough.

His vain hope that her getting a boyfriend would stop him wanting her had been ridiculous and he ought to have known it sooner.

Faced with this unworthy boy, made him further despise the man he was becoming, the man she could never love.

Double-crossed by his latest flame, it ought to please him that she'd brought her A game.

All any of this did was make him want another more, the pretty blonde reporter, who would never love a twisted billionaire, even if she always unknowingly owned his heart.

An Accused Heretic Senior Member Kit Merlot's Avatar

I loved this drabble!

Lex doesn't want Chloe with Jimmy or any other man, but he doesn't feel worthy of her love. The poor, tortured billionaire
    KATHY

"Don't quote me to me!" Detective Danny "Danno" WIlliams, Hawaii Five-0, episode 1.8 Mana'o

"This could barely fill up Thumbelina!" SALIGIA by westwingwolf

My Fanfic Master List

My livejournal: An Accused Heretic

Dealing w/ a Ship Change Senior Member

Ok, popped into my head completely at random. 100 words... PG at worst.

Visions

“Are you sure?” Lana asked Chloe, trying to contain herself.

“I’m sure; I found the rock last night. It had a weird orange glow and burned to the touch. Then, I kissed Roy Miller after our date, and it happened. He saw the future; me coming out of Mrs. Seeder’s class today with my essay with a 96 on it.”

“But,” Lana argued.

“Afternoon ladies,” the man in the debonair outfit stopped at Chloe’s chair. “What’s the topic?”

“Kiss me.” Tired of waiting, Chloe grabbed his face. “Well?”

Lex smiled, “Hmm.” Us married. Interesting, he thought as he glanced back.

ok back to real writing

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra View Post
    Okay, here's a little something I wrote last year and posted at FF.net...

Unworthy (100 words drabble, post-Ep 6.6 Fallout, Lex POV)

The short-lived jubilation that he'd spoken of was true enough.

His vain hope that her getting a boyfriend would stop him wanting her had been ridiculous and he ought to have known it sooner.

Faced with this unworthy boy, made him further despise the man he was becoming, the man she could never love.

Double-crossed by his latest flame, it ought to please him that she'd brought her A game.

All any of this did was make him want another more, the pretty blonde reporter, who would never love a twisted billionaire, even if she always unknowingly owned his heart.
    This was good.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information