+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Happy Ending (R) July 2nd, 2008 COMPLETE

Administrator Senior Member Julie's Avatar

Re: Happy Ending (R) Chapter Two, 6/1/08

Alright, I edited the date for you, so you don't get another infraction... Just try for yourself when you read this, to edit the thread title.

Use Thread Tools, Edit Thread.
    Be sure to follow us on Twitter and like us on Facebook for latest updates and news!

Quote Originally Posted by Julie View Post
    Alright, I edited the date for you, so you don't get another infraction... Just try for yourself when you read this, to edit the thread title.

Use Thread Tools, Edit Thread.
    Thank you very much. I got booted off-line after posting my question, and couldn't get back until now to fix it.

I just tried to edit the thread to make sure I could, but the "Thread Tools" drop down menu doesn't have that option. I tried the other suggestion of "Go Advanced" in editing my post, but that just gives me the option to delete or edit my post.

I don't know if I'm doing something wrong still--if I am, I'm very sorry--or if I don't have that option because I'm new, or something.
    Last edited by wistfulwatcher; 2nd June 2008 at 08:13.

NS Senior Member Senior Member

Re: Happy Ending (R) June 1st 2008

I really like where this story is going, and I'm glad that Chloe is finally getting a clue that Clark isn't worth her effort. I liked Lex's speech about her needing to start thinking in gray terms. I think she should visit Lex right now and get this talk finished so they can make their relationship more stable.

Great update. I hated Chloe telling Lex that she was used to the pity vote, damn Clark and Lana and Smallville for making her think that way.

Loved Lex's speech outside the restaurant and that Chloe's perspective is starting to change. She needs to get over to the mansion and talk to him and get their relationship going.

Spunky Chick Senior Member hfce's Avatar

That was a great update smut and all.
    "Everyone seems normal until you get to know them. "

PHD in Procrastination Senior Member vardaquareien's Avatar

Hey wistfulwatcher great fic.

You should really add a disclaimer to your first post though so that Jules doesn't get any 'official' trouble - check out the forum rules.

Administrator Senior Member Julie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by wistfulwatcher View Post
    Thank you very much. I got booted off-line after posting my question, and couldn't get back until now to fix it.

I just tried to edit the thread to make sure I could, but the "Thread Tools" drop down menu doesn't have that option. I tried the other suggestion of "Go Advanced" in editing my post, but that just gives me the option to delete or edit my post.

I don't know if I'm doing something wrong still--if I am, I'm very sorry--or if I don't have that option because I'm new, or something.
    Hey, sorry for the late reply, I usually don't check the threads that often

Anyways, if you go via Advanced, you should be able to see the thread title when you scroll down under Edit post.
    Be sure to follow us on Twitter and like us on Facebook for latest updates and news!

Re: Happy Ending (R) July 2nd, 2008 COMPLETE

Thanks for all the feedback--now here's the last chapter!

Chloe was pacing. She walked three feet, paused, looked at the phone, turned, and walked back.

After the fourteenth time, she rolled her eyes, dropped her fist-clenched hands from around her waist, and huffed. “This is ridiculous. I am a reporter. I will just walk over to this phone…” Chloe stood still.

“Walk over to the phone…” She didn’t move. “Walk…” Not an inch. “I’m pathetic.” She collapsed onto the couch.

She looked over at the phone, only two feet from her. She glared at it. “Won the battle, not the war, mister.” Chloe rose from the couch, and shuffled, defeated, into the bathroom.

After getting all cleaned up, the intrepid reporter put on her I-mean-business outfit; her dark blue jeans, black t-shirt, black leather boots, and tough-girl suit coat.

A third glance in the mirror told her she looked determined, and she stormed over to the telephone, dialing brutally.

Four rings and a smooth voice answered, “Luthor.”

“We need to talk.”

“Chloe, sleep well?” She bit back a huff, and jumped in.

“We need to talk.”

“We did. Last night. We established your hair color. Do you not remember?”

“Cute, Lex.” She bit the side of her tongue, thinking.

“Chloe, I thought we were fine. You were…happy. Did I miss something?”

“We need to have a talk. Seriously. In public. So we can’t yell at each other. Or have sex.” Chloe listened for a moment, then added. “I can hear you smirking.”

Lex laughed, and agreed to meet her to talk. They agreed the Talon was a little too open, but the Beanery was slightly private.

She got there ten minutes later, immediately ordering herself a large cup of coffee.

Watching Lex enter two seconds later, she realized she’d need it.

He came up to her, and ordered himself a cup, and they walked over to a mildly private corner.

There was a minute of awkward silence as Chloe looked at Lex. She set her cappuccino down, reaching into her bag to extract a tape recorder and notepad.

“I’m sorry, Ms. Sullivan. I wasn’t aware this was going to be an interview.” Chloe looked at him nervously.

“I need to ask you some questions.” Not giving him a chance to talk again, Chloe hit record, and opened her notepad. “Why were you at my birthday party?”

“I already told you, Chloe. To see you.” Lex looked mildly pained, but Chloe ignored him.

“Who invited you?”

“Lana. Chloe, I don’t see what—“

“Why did you agree to go?”

Lex was getting agitated. “I’m your friend. It was your birthday. I wanted to be there for you.”

“Why didn’t I see you before…you found me outside?”

“Chloe, why are you—“ Chloe looked at him. He sighed and answered, playing along.

“You were too busy looking for Clark. I was next to the door. You looked past me three times.”

Chloe softened, speaking more slowly, reminding herself he wasn’t her enemy right now…well, not really.

“What did you mean by your comment about me having, ‘anything I wanted,’ if I let Clark go?”

“I meant that, as a strong, intelligent woman, you were hindering your own personal growth by defining yourself by your crush on Clark.”

“Did you have any… romantic… feelings for me before then?”

“Sloppy question. First of all, it’s a yes or no answer, and you don’t specify ‘then’.”

Chloe stared. He sighed.

“Yes.”

Chloe looked away, and scribbled in her notepad.

“Why didn’t you tell me?”

Lex pressed stop on the tape recorder, and closed her notepad. At her protest, he slipped them both back into her bag, and he grabbed her hand.

“Chloe, stop. This,” he gestured to her bag, “is not having a conversation. An interview is not exactly conducive to romantic matters.” He reached across the table and brushed a strand of hair from her eyes. “You’re not going to trip me up, or corner me. I care about you, Chloe. I have for a while, now. I don’t want to use your feelings towards Clark as an excuse, but I have been mindful, and patient. I was waiting to let you know how I feel, and I exploited the small opening I saw.”

Chloe smiled at him. “You didn’t exploit it, Lex. I just… I guess I’ve always held on to the fairy tale. The prince and princess falling in love, and coming together through the adversity of their love. I was drawn to Clark, and held onto the thought for so long, I wasn’t sure how to move on.”

Chloe took Lex’s hand. “I’ve always looked at guys, and sized up whether they were prince Charming material. The only time I don’t, is when I’m with you. I know that sounds insulting, but it’s a good thing, I swear.”

Lex smiled. “I’m no prince Charming, Chloe. But I do care for you, a great deal. I know I didn’t exactly show you that on your birthday, but I guess seeing you blatantly ignored by the man you’re in love with, was a little painful. I don’t like seeing you hurt.”

“That’s sweet. But I don’t love him. I’ve realized, over the past two days, that I was confused.” Lex looked wary.

“Chloe, I don’t want you to be with me in an effort to get back to Clark, or to move on. I’m not trying to lure you away, either.” Chloe got up from her seat across from Lex, and sat next to him on the small cushioned bench.

“I’m not. I know it sounds like I’m suddenly under this Lex-spell thing, but I swear it’s the opposite. When I’m with you, Lex, it’s like I’m coming out of a spell. Like I’m seeing Clark without the rose-tinted glasses. And it’s nice. It feels like I’m suddenly being told the truth.” Chloe leaned forward, and their lips touched briefly.

It was sweet, and tender, and Chloe felt her foot move a little. She smiled, and Lex ran his fingers through her hair. He kissed her lips once more, before pulling back. “Do you feel we’ve discussed everything, now?”

Chloe smiled and nodded, and picked up her bag. She took Lex’s hand, and asked him sweetly, “Take me to your castle?” He let out a small, but genuine, laugh, and kissed the back of her hand. They left the coffee shop, and Lex led them to his car. She got in, and he closed the door after her.

The drive was peaceful. The active minds of both passengers were nowhere near as erratic as they had been earlier, and as they pulled into the driveway, Lex got Chloe out of the car.

They walked slowly up to his bedroom, stopping for slow, languorous kisses on the way. Chloe had never experienced such tenderness, and, for the first time in a while, didn’t feel so overwhelmed.

When they reached his room, Lex opened the door, and led her in. He closed it behind them, and reached for Chloe. He removed her suit coat, hanging it on the back of his chair. His followed, then both shirts. Pants, socks, shoes, all came off slowly, tenderly, like a scene from a sappy romance.

Lex tenderly kissed her neck, then laid her down on his plush bed. He stroked her side, reaching behind her to release the delicate garment adorning her chest. Lex kissed her neck once more before gently making his way down her body, stopping first at her breasts. He enveloped one nipple with his gentle mouth as his thumb gently rubbed the other one.

Chloe sighed at the attention. It was all so foreign to her, the tender touches and sweet caresses. Though she hadn’t had a lot of experience, Chloe was not a virgin. She’d been with a fellow intern during her stay in Metropolis, before sophomore year. She’d given her virginity to young Jimmy Olsen, who, while he was sweet, was an inexperienced fifteen year old boy. There had been one other guy before Lex, again thanks to a summer in Metropolis.

The first two times with Lex, it had not been rough, or unpleasant in any way, but driven by lust, instinct, and passion. This was different; though there was still passion, it was controlled, on simmer almost, giving their skin a pleasant buzz.

As Lex’s soft lips skimmed Chloe’s stomach, the words, ‘love making,’ flitted through her mind. He gently slid the soft material from her hips, and all thought left. Chloe stroked his head, and he looked up at her. He smiled, and inhaled the scent of her.

A small blush rose to her cheeks and neck, but Chloe didn’t feel embarrassed, but…loved. It was sweet, and she realized how much she truly cared for this man now resting between her supple thighs. His tongue dipped into her, and she bit her lip.

The sweet torment continued, Chloe’s orgasm building torturously slowly. Lex felt a small hand on his back, as Chloe reached into the blue boxers, and stroked him. He helped push them off his narrow hips, giving a gentle nip to her clit.

Chloe mewled, pulling on his back, bringing his face to hers. She was throbbing throughout her body as they kissed, tasting herself on his tongue. Lex ran his hand from her ankle to her hip, as his other guided him into her.

She clenched her eyes as he slowly filled her, easing himself in, before thrusting once. He moved slowly at first, prolonging the sweet torment, Chloe rolling her hips up to meet his.

All the sweet pressure built until, finally, it bubbled over, and they both came, forehead to forehead, chest to chest, hips to hips. They were pressed so tightly Chloe decided not to pull away.

Lex kissed her forehead, and finally moved them, holding her pink body to his. She drifted off as he kissed her ear, hearing murmured words of adoration and love.

They awoke a few hours later, and Lex suggested he take her to her car. They kissed, once more, and settled into his Porsche. “You’re not the villain.”

They were two minutes into the ride when her voice startled him. “What?”

“You asked me if, since Clark was the prince, if it made you the villain. It doesn’t.” Lex looked at her, amused. “Just wanted you to know.” He smiled, and took her hand.

“Also, did you realize you called me a ‘pig-headed girl’ last night?” Lex laughed, which made Chloe laugh, too.

“I do recall that. How embarrassing.” Chloe smiled.

“I thought it was endearing.” Lex shook his head.

“Great.”

There were a few more moments, then, “Were you going to say ‘in love’ last night?”

“Yes.”

“Instead of infatuated?”

“Yes.”

“Before I started crying?”

“Yes.”

A pause, then, “Oh.” Chloe looked out her window. “I love you, too.”

Throughout her childhood, Chloe had been given opportunities to stop believing in fairytales. The princes, the princesses, the white horses and the towers. She’d been warned not to put too much faith in these.

When her final fairytale belief fell through, she gave up. Gave up on the fairy godmothers, villains, and heroic rescues. Gave up on happy endings.

And, while her numerous childhood heartbreaks had taught her to give up the things she’d wanted, they failed to do one thing; separate fairytales and happy endings.

At age eighteen and three days, she realized that she never wanted a fairytale. That, while she was right about bald-headed princes, she was wrong about happy endings.

Lex looked over at her, and took her hand. He smiled, and she smiled back.

And they lived happily ever after.

THE END

NS Full Member

It was a great story.
    The end was perfect.

Spunky Chick Senior Member hfce's Avatar

That was sweet. I love fluffy Chlex.
    "Everyone seems normal until you get to know them. "

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information