+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 52 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast

Thread: Nightcap (NC-17)

Originally posted by vardaquareien@Sep 13 2003, 09:37 PM

*snort* It just occured to me that while we all automatically assume that "Bruce" = "Wayne" I'd die laughing if "Bruce" turned out to be Bruce Smith a nice average guy who goes to college with Chloe...! :hehe:
    lol, but wat would be the point to name chloe's bf bruce if kris is not going to use bruce wayne?

i'm amazed and fascinated by the many twists and turns of the story and i can't wait for angsty Lex..heehee...sorry i'm a sadist.

NS Full Member
    Please don't make it Bruce Wayne, he's horrible, I hate him!!! It would never work out since she could have Lex, not to mention Bruce is just like Clark and will eventually abandon Chloe to save the day! Please make Chlex get together soon, the angst is killing me!!! Update soon, the faster you get rid of her boyfriend the happier I'll be! :worship2:

NS Full Member
    Amazing story.So many twists. hmy: My brain has just gone into overload. Too much turns and twists and general complications.
    I can´t wait for an update. And I can´t believe that everything that happened between Chloe/Lex was just a dream :huh:. *sigh* I guess you´ll just have to fix this mess.

scifichick774
    Just a Guest!
    “Her boyfriend,” Clark answered sourly.

It took all of Chloe’s willpower not to slap Clark across the face right then and there. Willpower – and the knowledge that her hand would be much worse off than his face.

In the events leading up to the end of her employment with Lionel, Chloe had discovered some things; among them that Clark was some kind of meteor freak and that she felt sympathy for the man most people considered to be the son of the devil.

She could only imagine the hell it must have been for Lex, growing up with Lionel as a father, a man with such great expectations who always stayed emotionally at arm’s length so you could never meet them.

She wouldn’t have even come to visit Lex with Clark all those times had she thought she could get past security on her own. And now that they recognized and accepted her visiting by herself, she’d be damned if she was going to put up with Clark Kent’s unwarranted attacks on her personal life.

Chloe gave Clark a warning glance out of the corner of her eye and then looked back at Lex, only offering a fake smile because of the way Clark had riled her up.

“You know him actually,” she said.

Lex mentally flit through the different Bruce’s he knew, settling on only one who he didn’t deem entirely too old or daft for her. His stomach clenched into a knot and only hoped that the blood draining from his face wasn’t too noticeable.

“Wayne?” he asked.

Chloe’s fake smile lessened into a softer, real one and Clark shuffled his feet in agitation.

“Yeah,” the young man said when Chloe didn’t immediately answer.

Lex’s mood immediately turned dark.

Some inept college student was one thing, but Bruce Wayne was something else entirely.

He was handsome, charming, intelligent, and had a fortune that surpassed Lex’s own. He also had a vice for beautiful blondes, though Bruce had admitted to him that the only reason he went through them like water was because the ones who were smart and interesting enough to keep his attention were only after him for his money.

And now that man had Chloe. *His* Chloe. Beautiful, blonde, smart, *and* interesting, but definitely not interested in his money, Chloe.

‘Shit.’

Then a more encouraging thought occurred to him. Clark had said that her boyfriend was in town…

“Last I knew, he still lived in Gotham,” Lex said, interrupting the intense glares that Chloe and Clark were giving each other.

“Still does,” Clark said.

Lex’s eyebrows rose as he turned his attention to Chloe.

Long distance relationships were difficult to maintain even when one or both parties had money to spend on frequent trips to see each other. To Lex, the news that Bruce still lived in Gotham meant that he still had a fighting chance at getting Chloe away from him.

“May I ask how you two met?” he asked, pretending to be as friendly about it as possible.

Chloe’s lips quirked into a humored smile and she arched an eyebrow at him.

“You’ve been in a coma for a year and you want to hear about *my* personal life?” she asked. “Maybe you have some lasting damage in that head of yours.”

Clark groaned again, but Lex merely smirked at Chloe’s teasing tone.

Banter was good. Bruce was alright at it, but Lex had doubt that his wit would help win her back.

‘Er…win her period,’ Lex inwardly corrected. “I don’t see how wondering how two people I know met is indicative of head trauma, Miss Sullivan.”

Chloe laughed and though Lex grinned back at her, he still gave her an expectant look.

“He was in Smallville for…something,” Clark answered, causing both of his friends to look away from each other and at him.

Chloe’s demeanor changed, her face falling into an apologetic sorrow. She shook her head lightly and then ran a hand through her hair.

“He’s going to find out eventually, Clark,” she said. Clark gave her a warning look that wasn’t lost on Lex, but Chloe ignored it and turned to face the young bald man who was now watching Clark with a suspicious gleam in his eye. “Right after you got married; I worked for your dad for a little while. I’m not proud of it, but ---”

“You quit when you found out that he and Helen had planned our relationship from the beginning,” Lex interrupted.

Chloe furrowed her brow.

“How did you know that?”

“You told me,” Lex answered. A beat passed before he added, “In my dream.”

“Dream?”

“When Lex was in a coma, his mind created an elaborate dream world to live in,” Clark said, his words rushed together, pleased to be getting away from the direction he thought the conversation had originally been heading.

“Wow,” Chloe said, mimicking Clark’s earlier sentiment and making Lex inwardly frown.

He didn’t know what he had been hoping or expecting Chloe’s reaction to be, but a simple ‘wow’ wasn’t it.

A wide, almost giddy smile spread across Chloe’s lips.

“I was in your dream world?” she asked. “That’s so cool!”

Lex smiled broadly.

*That* had been the reaction he had subliminally been hoping for.

“So, what else did I say?”

“I thought we were talking about how you met Bruce?” Lex reminded her, carefully dodging the question so he wouldn’t be tempted to start reiterating everything that had happened in his dream.

“Bruce came to Smallville because my dad found his number in your files. Something about thinking the plant was going to be closed down,” Chloe said flippantly.

“And?”

“*And* your dad was throwing a big fuss about me quitting. Bruce walked in on him threatening me and ---”

“Came to your rescue,” Lex finished for her.

“That’s about it, yeah,” Chloe agreed.

“I see,” Lex said. “So what were you doing for my dad in the first place?”

“I thought you were going to tell me what I said,” Chloe said pointedly.

“You don’t remember what you said?”

Chloe turned at and smiled at the source of the familiar voice coming into the room.

Clark and Lex’s reactions were noticeably different.

“It was in a dream Lex had,” Chloe said, taking a couple of steps to meet Bruce for a small kiss.

Bruce raised an eyebrow at Lex.

“You’re dreaming about my girlfriend? And to think I felt sorry for you,” he said, a slight teasing quality to his voice.

Lex picked up on the hint of a grin lining Bruce’s lips immediately and extended his hand, which Bruce promptly shook. It would make things considerably easier if Bruce didn’t suspect that Chloe wasn’t going to be his much longer.

“How’s it going, Luthor?”

“I’d say no complaints, but ---” Lex purposefully trailed off and looked down at the wheelchair he was seated in.

Bruce nodded a couple of times in understanding and then stepped back to stand halfway behind Chloe and wrap his arms around her waist.

Lex squared his jaw and took only partial relief in the fact that he didn’t have to keep the eyes on the two of them as a hospital volunteer came in with his lunch tray.

His eyes drifted away from the painful sight of seeing Chloe with another man and settled on the tray of food. Despite the fact that his relationship with Chloe had never really happened, Lex couldn’t help the hurt he felt with seeing her with someone else – especially someone who looked remarkably unwilling to let her go.

Had it been Clark that she had started dating during his sleep, then the boy would have his hands shoved in his pants pockets instead of wrapped adoringly around the woman he loved.

Chloe grimaced when she saw the look on his face, offering him a sympathetic smile after the volunteer left the room.

“You want me go and get you something else to eat?” she asked.

“No!” he said a little too loudly at the prospect of her leaving, earning him narrowed eyes from both Bruce and Clark. “No,” Lex said a little quieter, pushing a forced half-grin onto his lips. “The only people I’ve gotten to see are my father, doctors, and therapists. I can’t let the only *normal* people who’ve come to visit me just leave to get food.”

Chloe laughed and smiled brightly.

“Well, I’m not sure I’d consider Clark normal, but okay,” she said, causing Clark to look even more uncomfortable than he had before and Lex to wonder exactly how much of his dream translated into reality.

Was it possible that Clark really was negatively affected by the green meteor rocks that were littered throughout Smallville? And if so, why?

“You weren’t suggesting that he be the one to go fetch the contraband,” Lex countered.

Clark frowned.

“I don’t think that would be such a good idea,” he said. “I mean, they have you on that diet for a reason. Your body needs to get back to ---”

“And therein lies the *reason* I didn’t suggest he be the one to go get the food,” Chloe interrupted with a wry grin.

Bruce leaned down and kissed her neck to cover up the gurgle of laughter he felt bubbling up at the base of his throat and Clark made a sound akin to a displeased grunt.

Ignoring the younger man, he placed a small kiss on Chloe’s jaw as he rose and then looked over at Lex, who for some reason looked just as perturbed as Clark did.

‘Interesting,’ Bruce mused.

Pretending he hadn’t seen their reactions, he leaned down to brush his lips against Chloe’s ear, gently taking the shell between his teeth and smirking against her when he saw the goosebumps rise up on her skin.

Chloe gave Lex a tight grin.

“Would you excuse us for a second?” she asked, not waiting for a response before she drug Bruce out into the hallway and allowed the door to close behind them.

Clark winced.

“You don’t think they’re going to --- you know?”

TBC...

Yes, I am that Fabulous Senior Member tigerbaby's Avatar
    Originally posted by scifichick774@Sep 17 2003, 04:00 PM
    Clark winced.

“You don’t think they’re going to --- you know?”

Say it with me Clark...s.e.x.

Yes that's right...s.e.x.

Idiot.

7 comes on too strong
    :biggrin: THIS. IS AWESOME! CHRUCE!!!!!!! Could I ask for more? For a while, I have been hankering for some Chlex and Chlucas, but now that've read this, it was really Chruce I was after.

me before :dry:

me after :biggrin:

NS Full Member
    "Say it with me Clark...s.e.x.

Yes that's right...s.e.x.

Idiot."

Tigerbaby ur great...and so is this story update!!!

Escapeism Artist Senior Member asharnanae's Avatar
    :tease: *Eyes go red and foam drips out of mouth!*

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Sod off back to gotham Sucky bruce the Payne, you big scitso rodent!!!

:worship2: this story is so great, I really feel lex's pain and anger, and it looks as though chloe does care for him in some way, as a friend at the very least!!

NS Full Member
    oO, Lex, please resist the urge to hire a hitman for Bruce.

But God, can you imagine how much that would hurt? *Shudders*

Great update, Kris.

ETA: I meant the hurting because of everything being a dream, not the hitman, duh! :biggrin:

Spunky Chick Senior Member hfce's Avatar
    No to Bruce no to Bruce Not to Bruce :tease:

Hope :tease:
    "Everyone seems normal until you get to know them. "

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information