+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 412131415 LastLast

Thread: Bite Me (NC-17)

Re: Bite Me (NC-17) Updated: Mar. 6, 09

You did an amazing job writing this. I loved it from start to finish.

NS Full Member

I like it, I like it and I like it... what more can I say?

Re: Bite Me (NC-17) Complete

Brilliant chapters, brilliant end, in short brilliant story

Members

Re: Bite Me (NC-17)

I really like this story. I enjoy the pace of it and I love, love, love the addition of a soundtrack.

Edmonton, Alberta, Canada, originally from Newfoundland, Canada.

Thank you so much, everybody! I'm so glad you enjoyed it! I'm really glad you liked the sound track too! Thanks for reading!

I really liked this story. can't wait to read the sequel you said you're working on

NS Full Member

everything about this story was great. thank you so much for sharing it with us

looking for updates Senior Member somethingeasy's Avatar

I just discovered this fic last night while browsing through the forum searching for new fics. I have NO idea how I missed this gem, but I’m unbelievably grateful that I found it… and it’s complete too!!! I read the whole thing from start to finish in one go, and it was wonderful!

First of all, I loved the way that Chloe’s transformation was covered throughout the story. I loved the way that the readers could experience the effects and symptoms of becoming a werewolf right alongside Chloe. It was like experiencing them first-hand, since they were covered in such precise, beautiful, clear detail.

And speaking of first-hand, first-person… I loved the decision to do the whole fic completely from Chloe’s point of view. First of all, it enhanced the illusion and feeling of becoming a werewolf right alongside her. Second, I loved seeing the Chlex relationship develop purely through Chloe’s eyes. I’ll admit there were plenty of times where I really wanted Lex’s point of view as well, but in the end, it was a lot more satisfying to experience the feeling of budding Chlex love, first-hand, through Chloe rather than through a mixed plethora of characters’ views.

It was a very brave decision to stick by one person’s point of view only… and it worked beautifully!

Coming back to ‘becoming a werewolf’… I really enjoyed feeling the way Chloe was delighting in some of the cooler traits she had picked up… such as the advantages associated with enhanced senses, enhanced strength, enhanced healing… and enhancement in general, LOL!

And I also thrilled and shuddered at the way Chloe suffered through some of the disconcerting or plain frightening aspects of changing into a werewolf… such as losing her mind and emotional equilibrium as she became more animalistic. That was seriously friggen scary… and I was right there with Chloe, ever step of the way, experiencing her fear, anxiety and trepidation about the unpredictable and uncontrollable changes that were taking place.

I really enjoyed the way that Chloe’s transformation into a werewolf was punctuated with exultations and delight about her new powers… where it was demonstrated how much stronger and more meta-humanly powerful she was becoming. AND how it was also punctuated with moments that demonstrated her fragility… the way that she’s fighting so hard to maintain balance and control over her emotional and psychological state. Her body was strengthening in really cool ways… but it was at the scary expense of her mind deteriorating. I LOVED the double-edged nature of her transformation, Jenny! Beautifully considered and written!

All in all, thank you so much for the wonderful story detailing a change into a werewolf, Jenny. Especially a female werewolf, since that’s a bit of a rarity in fanfic for some reason, LOL!

Now we come to Lex. As I mentioned, it was sometimes frustrating not getting his point of view, and his direct thoughts through this fic… but, in the end, all of his emotions, mind-set and thoughts were ultimately made clear… either by Chloe’s sharp, insightful observations OR by Lex’s grudging admissions of his thoughts/emotions.

In the end, I got a very clear view of what was happening with Lex… and I LOVED the character interpretation that this fic explored and played with. I’m always a sucker for a version of Lex who happens to have dominating, domineering, controlling, possessive traits to his personality… and yet is ALSO a worship-filled doormat for Chloe. It’s an irresistible combination… and that’s exactly the kind of feel that I got for this character. He was Lex Luthor with all of his sharp edges, harsh ambitions and controlling nature… but he was also Lex Luthor with his self-sacrificing, generous soul, as well as his vulnerable craving for love, affection and emotional closeness for another person.

The dialogue between the Chlex couple was fantastic. I loved the sharp, sardonic, dry, deadpan verbal play that they exchanged with each other whenever they were bantering. And I swooned at the scenes where the two of them (especially Chloe) needed words of comfort, solace and promises of protection to get through the harder times.

Actually, I think I loved the way that you Lex met ALL of Chloe’s needs with such single-minded attentiveness. If she needed to engage in sharp, witty banter, then he was there to meet her needs… and if she was having an emotional or psychological breakdown, then he was ALSO there, providing her with exactly the kind of reassurances she needed to snap of it.

I really can’t pinpoint ALL the scene which struck out in my mind as ‘the favourite’… but there are a few memorable moments that I have to list out. There was the moment, just before Lex and Chloe were about to make love for the first time… Chloe admitted that she was ‘in heat’. And Lex asked her (rather anxiously and fearfully I imagine) whether she felt this kind of ‘in heat urge’ around any other handy males in the vicinity. I could feel his palatable relief upon hearing that Chloe only reacted with arousal to him alone.

LOL! It struck me as slightly funny actually… imagining that, while Chloe was afraid that she was taking advantage of a pheromone drugged Lex, Lex was ALSO freaked out about the idea that HE was taking advantage of Chloe while she was obviously in heat. ROTFL! What a perfect couple, eh? I think the criss-crossed seduction was the perfect way for both of them to get together.

I also enjoyed the scene at the sex-club where Chloe nearly tore Lex apart trying to get to Sokoloff. It truly demonstrated Chloe’s fragile and deteriorating mind and psyche… and how much she needed Lex to hold her sense of self together. Lex filled that role admirably, first attempting to hold back an angry werewolf (wow!) and then backhanding said werewolf to shock her back to a more human state again.

I loved, LOVED the description of Lex in agony after the backhand… I can imagine that he’s going to be torturing himself replaying that moment in his head many, MANY times before he forgives himself. He’s going to be imagining the jerk of Chloe’s body, the feel of her skin breaking under his hand, her shocked look when she realized she had just been struck by him, etc, etc. I highly approved and appreciated the way that it was made clear that Lex loathed himself for doing that… even though Chloe instantly forgave him.

Hmmm… I do hope that there weren’t any members of the paparazzi lying in wait to capture that moment with a photo. Lex Luthor viciously backhanding his ‘uppity’ girlfriend when she refused to do as she was told. Yikes!

Erm… I think that’s my way of asking ‘ let there PLEASE be a photo of that published in a tabloid newspaper in the sequel, ‘Eat Me’!!!’ Can you imagine the hysterics that would follow? From Lex, Lionel, Chloe, Gabe, Lois, Clark, everyone?!? heeee!!

And, of course we can’t forget my favourite moment where Lex finally admitted that he was madly in love with Chloe… in the aftermath of the sex-club incident, where she really needed some reassurance that she was still human enough to be loved. I especially LOVED the fact that Lex told her he loved her, honestly NOT expecting that she loved him too. He was willing to tell her about his feelings without knowing that they were reciprocated. For a guarded, suspicious, paranoid bastard like Lex, that’s a HUGE deal.. and it demonstrates, more than anything, the depths of his selfless love for her.

The ending was fantastic. Granted, a part of me was sorry to say goodbye to the wolfy part of Chloe… but it was undoubtedly for the best. Despite all the money he has, Lex cannot afford to keep replacing all his luxuriously expensive household furnishings every time he and Chloe have sex, LOL!

I’m looking forward to seeing how ‘Eat Me’ develops, Jenny. I’m sure it’s going to be an awesome fic, and I’m going to be definitely keeping track of it.

Edmonton, Alberta, Canada, originally from Newfoundland, Canada.

I've said it before, somethingeasy, and I'll say it again! You've got the best reviews! Thank you so much! I'll be walking arond with a big head all day!

storie girl Senior Member starmoon's Avatar

i just found this story and it was amazing!!! i just love everyting you wrote keep writing storyes they are perfect. maby you should try writing a book all your own you might be able to make a lot of money and have lots of fans. i know i would be one if you decide to ever write for a living.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information