+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 29 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread: Keep 'em Coming (complete) NC17

scifichick774
    Just a Guest!
    Wonderful as always. And bubble bath? Hee.

Fic Tease Senior Member Blaire023's Avatar
    lol, kris. What's so funny about a bubble bath or did an inside joke just totally fly over my head?

~B

lunaluthor
    Just a Guest!
    oh so many updates and each chapter is brilliant
    love to read more soooooooon
    :biggrin: :yay: :yay2: :yay:

Spunky Chick Senior Member hfce's Avatar
    More more more :clap: More

Hope
    "Everyone seems normal until you get to know them. "

This fic rocks! MORE!

NS Full Member
    Great update. But I'm greedy and want more. Please. :yay:

Fic Tease Senior Member Blaire023's Avatar
    Glad to see people have a fave of mine in here. As you all know i also have Deep in the Heart and Spies R Us here, not to mention The Secretary at the ezboards. Soooo, I planned on updating this one last today, but I couldn't help it, I've grown kinda attached and it may be a while before I finish it, just cuz. So here we go.

Chapter 10: All in good fun

Chloe walked into the Talon. The previous night had been completely uneventful. They had gone to dinner and out to a club and while men grabbed her from all sides, leading her to dance with them, she couldn't find it in her to push Lex out of her mind. Half the night she simply danced with Lana. Hoping men would get the drift and leave her alone. Of course, nothing's hotter than two attractive females grinding against eachother, she should have taken that into consideration prior to hogging Lana to herself on the dancefloor.

This morning they had arrived back in Smallville, Gabe sending Chloe home with the car. Her father had announced in the morning that he had to stay a few more days for an emergency meeting. Normally Chloe would have been skeptical, but she didn't think Lex would stoop that far as to hold her father back in Metropolis instead of sending him home. She hadn't seen him in nearly 24 hours.

Chloe rolled her neck as she stretched her legs in the booth, curling them both underneath her. Her latte stared back at her. Her hands unable to bring it to her mouth, her stomach twisting in unnatural knots as she tried to keep her mind off of him. Lana looked up from her post at the counter and smiled. Chloe flashed a barely there smile and closed her eyes. Upon opening them she stared at the blank screen in front of her. True she'd had a busy weekend but the paper still needed a starting article and she had come up empty handed at the LexCorp soiree. She groaned and leaned her head back, resting it on the back of the couch.

"Rough weekend?" Clark slid into the booth across from her, putting his coffee down on a napkin. Chloe didn't bother looking at him, she didn't really care what he said to her at the point. The argument they had gotten into before her and Lana left for the weekend had put a damper on their friendship. "Chlo?"

Chloe cringed at the nickname. 'What the hell kind of nickname is it when you subtract one letter, one measly little letter from someone's name? I mean I don't walk around calling him Lark. How stupid would that be?"

"Chloe?" Clark's voice cut through her thoughts as she rolled her head against the backof the booth, looking over at him from this angle. Chloe narrowed her eyes. A strangled burst of laughter erupted from her throat. Covering her mouth she leaned forward. For the first time ever she had just realized that Clark's head was small and disproportionate from the rest of his body. She opened her eyes and looked at him again, stifling the chuckle about to leave her again by biting her lower lip. "Chloe!" Clark snapped his fingers in front of her face and she focused her eyes on him.

"What? Do I look like I'm deaf?" Chloe took a sip of her coffee.

"No, you don't but I've said your name four times now."

Chloe shrugged and looked past him as the double doors pushed open and a stream of light wafted through. "I have to go." Chloe excused herself and made her way to the door, stepping out into the sunlight. She sighed and made her way to her car. The muffled sound of her cellphone ringing as she positioned herself behind the steering wheel paused her from buckling in. Just as she turned to retrieve her phone from her bag a head popped into her car window.

Lex had seen her car as he parked and noticed she wasn't going anywhere, seeming to be lost in her own world as she sit behind the wheel. He strode up to her window and crouched down to the ground, resting his hands on the roof of her car as he poked his head inside. "Hey." The corner of his mouth quirked up as she looked over at him, surprised to say the least.

"Ummm, hi." Lex clenched his jaw at her nervous response.

"Going somewhere?" Lex's brow quirked as he commented.

"I was uhh, just going home." She looked down at the caller id on her phone and flipped it open. "Yeah?"

"Hey, you left your laptop in here." Lana stood near the window and waved the object at her. She noticed Lex immediately and quirked an eyebrow upward. Lex's eyes fell on Lana's, her silently questioning his closeness to her girlfriend no doubt. Chloe smiled at Lana and said into her phone. "Bring it home with you, okay?"

"Will do." Lana mock saluted her through the window and gave Lex one more assessing once over. Her back turned to them, Chloe closed her phone and shoved it back into her bag.

"Like I said, I've got to get goin." Chloe stuck the key in the ignition, trying to debate whether or not she should kiss him with his lips so close to hers or if he would step back as the engine roared to life. Lex placed his hands on her car door where her window would be if it were rolled up and pushed himself back. "Bye, Lex." She muttered towards him and put the car in drive, swerving from the parallel parking space and onto the road. Lex stood there, watching her from the empty parking space. He'd have to talk to her and the sooner the better. Turning to look at the establishment he was in front of her thought better of it and decided he shouldn't arrive empty handed.

Lex entered the Talon and was appreciative that he didn't have to place his order to Lana but instead to a different waitress. "Your regular?" She asked with a smile and a wink.

"Yes, and would you happen to know Chloe's drink of choice?"

The girl stared back at him for a beat. "Chloe?" She eyes swept over the cafe.

"Blonde hair, yeigh high, energetic?" Lex held his hand out, leveling it with his chest. "She's a regular here?"

"Oh, right, the one that just left, yeah, she normally gets a Latte, she switches all the time though."

Lex stared at her expectantly and realized he'd have to pick one. "Caramel, then."

The waitress smiled at him and nodded. A familiar voice behind him had his head peering over his shoulder. Lana stood behind him with her hands on her hips, a slight smile gracing her features. Still, too bland for Lex's taste. He had never really noticed her at all other than the fact that Clark seemed to have an interest in her. "Chloe doesn't like caramel. She normally orders french vanilla." Her knowing eyes danced with humor.

Lex turned back to the waitress who had heard her two bosses speaking. "Make it my regular and a french vanilla latte." She nodded and turned to make the drinks herself, knowing that she didn't have to wring him up. "So, how are you doing Lana?" Lex turned and leaned back on the counter, his elbows propped up on the top of it.

"Oh, I'm good, and you?" Her smiled was sickeningly sweet and she brushed her hair back over her shoulders.

"Fine." Lex nodded and turned back around, grabbing both of the drinks.

"You think you'll win her over with caffeine?" Lana's amused smile feigning innocence.

"I'd never dream of it."

Lana rolled her eyes dramatically. "I already know about you two. You didn't honestly think she'd not tell me did you?" her arms crossed over her chest in a challenging stance.

Lex suppressed his surprise. "Would you like me to pass on anything to her?"

Lana shook her head. "You don't get it do you?" She tilted her head slightly. "Chloe thinks you don't want to have a relationship with her."

Lex frowned a little, not giving in to his shocked expression. "And why would that be?"

"Because you didn't seem interested in her until you found out about us." Lana's half smile accompanied her next remark. "You only want her because she came with no strings attached."

Lex almost felt the coffee slip from his hand before tightening his grip on it. Lana noticed his eyes turning a slight darker shade of blue and all she could think was, 'Oh, shit. He's going to shut down the Talon faster than I can bat my eyelashes.'

"There's no such thing as no strings attached, Miss Lang." With that said he walked past her and out the door to his car.

TBC...

Spunky Chick Senior Member hfce's Avatar
    Ouch ! Look out chloe lex is coming after you.

Hope :chlexsign2:
    "Everyone seems normal until you get to know them. "

7 comes on too strong
    Holy smacks! This chapter was funny...and delicious at the same time!

For the first time ever she had just realized that Clark's head was small and disproportionate from the rest of his body.
    :biggrin: damn! That was funny...although I really don't think that's true. There is no way Tom's head is like Dawson’s'! I'm going to have to do some research on that....just to ease my mind.

Lana noticed his eyes turning a slight darker shade of blue and all she could think was, 'Oh, shit. He's going to shut down the Talon faster than I can bat my eyelashes.'
    That last part had me catching my breath. For some reason I find that incredible delicious.
    I LOVE the way you portray Lana. I know I've said it many a times, but I can't get over how much I really like this version. Again, why, oh why cant she be like that on the show? *sigh*

Ophelia

scifichick774
    Just a Guest!
    *dances*

Love. This. Fic.

And I must say, so glad you went ooc with Lana, because really - who likes the show's version?

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information