+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 311121314 LastLast

Thread: Shadows of the Past (R )

Chlexaholics Unite! Senior Member Ann's Avatar

Re: Shadows of the Past (R ) COMPLETED

I have never read a story like this before. The whole time I was reading, I was filled with sadness and despair because I so wanted them to be able to solve the curse without anything bad happening to them but at the same time, I wished they could go back in time and stop it from happening. But in the long run, I realized that is what they did. Ok, maybe they didn't go back in time, but they stopped it from happening to anyone else.

I could so easily see Megan and Emily and the thought of a young mother and her baby girl getting killed at the hands of a madman is so saddening and yet, so true to things that often happen in our world. Minus the curse of course. I have a child and while I was reading this I could imagine exactly what Megan was feeling and the terror in her mind when she realized that her baby girl was going to die.

Lex was wonderful in this fic. I love how you portrayed him and made him so attentive to Chloe and how he had been in love with her yet afraid to pursue it because of her age and the fact that she was still in high school. And Chloe being afraid that he wouldn't return her feelings was what so many girls her age (and older for that matter) feel when they realize they are in love with someone.

And Clark. I feel bad for Clark. Seeing that he lost Chloe because he never really knew what he could have had and spent his time chasing after Lana and then having to know that he not only lost her, but he lost her to his best friend. That has to be hard on anyone. But then being attacked by the curse and seeing what he almost did to both of his best friends? That would be hard as hell to live with. I can't even imagine how that made him feel. But I'm glad that they were able to break the curse before that happened.

This was an excellent fic. You did an amazing job of writing it and making it sound so real. I was able to imagine myself as being in it the whole time I was reading. When your readers can see themselves as the characters, you know you've done a hell of a good job writing it! Kudos on the entire fic. I loved it and will highly recommend others reading it!

NS Full Member

Awwww...... That was so sad!!!! The rage of the brother and the death of a mother and her little child, and then the suicide of her husband...
    Thank God that the visions appeared to Clark too, kepping him from doing anymore damage to Chloe and Lex.
    Beautiful ending, tough, and wonderfully written. Hope you continue to grace us with your great stories!!!!

Members

That was an awesome story! I liked how it kind of mirrored The Grudge with the curse, but it was different enough so that it wasn't predictable. It actually kind of reminded me of Time Windows by Kathryn Reiss with the whole reliving past murders because of an item idea. That was definately one of my favorite Chlex stories!

Members

That was a really good story. It kept me in suspencie. It was awesome. It kept me inthrilled and wanting more. I loved the happy ending. Now if only you could find someone for Clark(cough:not lana) then everything would be perfect.It was a great ending thought. I loved it.

i totally liked your story, it was great a lil violent, but great nonetheless!

Wow, amazing plot points, Kit. I personally can't believe that I was able to handle reading it. I mean that only in an I can't believe I read something so dark way. I love your writing and feedback comments. This is a well built story, and I'm glad that I was able to handle the subject matter tonight.

Excellent work. Your characters from the past were really brought to life well. I think you made good parallels to characters in the Smallville verse of the present. You kept the mystery going, as well as giving us the nice budding relationship. It all made sense to me, and this was a well done story.

WOW! Amazing story, I fell completely in love with the plot, and you write your characters so well, I have absolutely no difficulty inpicturing them before me! keep up the very good work!!

Hugs from Tris

i love it and really great

Dealing w/ a Ship Change Senior Member

I read this story when I first joined way back when, but never reviewed. I love this blending of the past and the present together seamlessly. I have never seen the Grudge, but it was a fascinating story even without seeing what it's based on. As with all your stories, they are all unique in some way and I enjoyed rereading this one very much.

An Accused Heretic Senior Member Kit Merlot's Avatar

You know, I just realized that I never said "Thank you" to all of the wonderful reviews for my story!

So, a great big "THANK YOU" to all of you wonderful feedbackers: nonky, tiger04, lexchloe, hfce, Starmoon, arakitty, darkangel, Ami Rose, Shanna, becky, autumngold, becky, crankychick, Ann, Thais, TranslucentDarkness, Kris 105, claudette, Tasha, Trisana, lkedino, and superag.

You have no idea how much your words of encouragement mean to

Quote Originally Posted by claudette View Post
    i totally liked your story, it was great a lil violent, but great nonetheless!
    Yes, this was a rather violent fic, but I tried to keep it down to a minimum-I'm glad you still enjoyed
    KATHY

"Don't quote me to me!" Detective Danny "Danno" WIlliams, Hawaii Five-0, episode 1.8 Mana'o

"This could barely fill up Thumbelina!" SALIGIA by westwingwolf

My Fanfic Master List

My livejournal: An Accused Heretic

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information