+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Nightly Ritual (Rated G)

Cool Nightly Ritual (Rated G)

I changed it from the original since I couldn’t delete it, so all feedback seems irrelevant now, but thank you for it anyways.

It had become their nightly ritual from the minute she arrived in his arms. He would watch her, carefully stroking her beautiful face and then she’d turn those hazel eyes on him, begging silently for his attention.

He supposed it started out as a way of comfort-her seeking reassurance and him, trying to hold on to something, anything. Life had been cruel to these two, for they had seen so much turmoil and angst. He would reach out to her to keep a semblance of sanity and she, well, she just needed someone there for her.

The first nights turned into week, weeks turned into months and months turned into four years. And still, he was performing this nightly ritual.

At exactly eight each night, she would crawl into bed and turn those eyes on him, knowing and manipulating. He would never be able to say no. Lying on the bed, beside her, he would begin his tale. A tale of love and passion and sorrow and heartbreak; it was the tale of her mother.

Four years ago, the last time his beautiful wife took a breath, Lex was handed a tiny and squalling girl, of whom he had no knowledge to take care. Chloe always told him parenting would be instinct to set aside his fears, but she wasn’t here now.

Nonetheless, he listened to her words and as instinct guided him, he began talking to his beautiful daughter. Soon, words of doubt turned into stories of her mother and her life with him.

And it was because of her mother that Lex was able to be the father Lionel never was, for he and his little Michelle had a nightly ritual that nothing could tear apart.
    Last edited by meeaz; 19th October 2006 at 05:46. Reason: Flowing Issues
    <3 yams.

Re: Nightly Ritual (Rated G)

Son of a...how did I not see that coming?

Good stuff. I love when an author can do so much with just a moment, turn it into so much more and reveal so much more about the characters involved.

Reese

Addicted to Baby Luthors bluengreenswmer's Avatar

Now, you know me, I love the baby Luthors, and have become a self-proclaimed expert, but man, that just caught me blindsighted!

You know you're good when you catch the queen of little Luthor heirs off-guard.

(BTW, was that a promise for a new chappie of Daily Planet Musing? *does her happy dance* YAY!)

Spunky Chick Senior Member hfce's Avatar

Aww that was so sweet.

Hope
    "Everyone seems normal until you get to know them. "

Bruce's Favorite Stalker

*Jaw drops to the ground*

Wow. I totally did not see that one coming-- at all. Great fic. Really wonderful. Thank you for posting it.
    "I think the whole glory of writing lies in the fact that it forces us out of ourselves and into the lives of others."
    ~ Anderson Sherwood

Samantha
    Just a Guest!

As she starts to rouse, he knows to leave and let his own exhaustion be lost in the cool silk sheets of the empty bed. So, with one last look at his baby girl, he knows his deceased wife is there, for his little girl is every bit her mother.
    Along with everyone else I was expecteing the twist either. This was a great story. And i really liked it.

Yea, I'll admit I was fooled to...I had to go back and re-read so that I would get a better feel for it, lol. That was great though, very insightful and sweet. Awesome job.

Steph*

NS Full Member

I fell for this too!
    This was some wonderfully touching short story!

walking with cavemen Senior Member Zannie's Avatar

Very nice work. Well-executed twist at the end. It makes me feel all gooey toward Lex--as if I don't spend my time feeling far too gooey toward him as it is.

Thanks for posting this.

NS Full Member

I got it at the wispy hair, and I loved it. It's very sad, but very sweet. Nice work!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information