+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 20 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: An Unconscious Cupid (18/R)

An Unconscious Cupid (18/R)

Title: An Unconscious Cupid
    Author: HumbugGirl
    Email: humbuggirl@hotmail.com
    URL: http://www.geocities.com/peacefulempress/home.html or http://www.geocities.com/oddfiction
    Pairing: Lex/Chloe, slight Clark/Lana
    Rating: 18/R
    Summary: Chloe’s acting a little out of character.
    Spoilers: Post ‘Heat’. Otherwise, pretty much AU.
    Disclaimer: Okay so I haven’t had the chance to come up with a proper disclaimer yet so you’ll have to put up with the basic ‘none of the characters belong to me, this is a non-profit piece of work just written for fun with praise directed at the creators of Smallville’ kinda thing.
    Author’s Notes: 1) Take this at face value – an idea that went and got a mind of its own. 2) There is no Dr. Dropkick aka Helen seeing as I haven’t seen her yet and haven’t a clue what she acts like.

Part One

With a loud sigh Chloe collapsed onto one of the Talon’s many comfortable chairs startling Lana Lang. The brunette in question jumped then glanced around the coffee house guiltily as she half tried to hide the large mug of hot chocolate she had been holding.

“Oh its you! I didn’t see you come in.” the waitress exclaimed in relief. At Chloe’s questioning glance she added. “I thought it might be Lex; he’s still a bit…”

“Grumpy?” the blonde supplied in an amused voice.

“Not exactly what I was thinking of but pretty accurate I guess.”

Chloe laughed a little then let her head fall back as yet another sigh escaped her. When she met Lana’s eyes again she said, “Thanks, I really needed that.”

Concern filled Lana’s dark eyes as she studied her friend’s face, “Why, what’s the matter?” she asked.

Before answering Chloe reached into her bag and pulled out a stack of papers and a heavy looking book. She slammed them down on the coffee table top; half intentionally, half unintentionally and they made a loud ‘thud’, catching the attention of several other patrons. Lana peered at it cautiously and then said, “Love spells? Why on earth do you have a book on love spells?” Her eyes widened as a thought hit her. “Chloe you don’t need…”

“I know that,” the reporter said and grinned at her broadly. “Things aren’t that bad just yet. Well, not quite. Actually it’s for a book report.”

“I think I’d remember a book report on spell books. It would actually be interesting for once.”

Chloe scoffed. “It was actually Reynolds’ idea. He wants me to write some book reviews for the paper. I couldn’t believe it when he handed me that drivel. I honest to God thought he was joking.” Her eyes suddenly lit up and she grabbed the book from the table and held it out towards Lana. “You do it.”

“Oh no!” Lana exclaimed holding her hands up in front of her. “No way; not after the last time I wrote an article. I still can’t believe that you actually published it.”

A pleading look filled Chloe’s eyes and she continued to hold the book out before her. “Lana that article was great. I loved it.”

“You’re lying,” Lana said kindly.

“Please? I can’t do this; it compromises my journalistic integrity.”

Lana shook her head and took the book from her friend. “Okay, okay. But when it all goes horridly wrong then I’m going to remind you that you forced me into this.”

The other girl leapt up and hugged her gratefully. “I’ll take you chores for a month for doing this,” Chloe told her.

Lana laughed knowing what Chloe was like as far as chores went and silently predicting that the blonde would have conveniently forgotten about her pledge before the day was done. She pulled away from the other girl’s embrace smiling shyly but blushing a little as well as she noticed the curious eyes of a group of teenage boys staring at them with interest. Chloe really didn’t realise how much interest she tended to draw from the local male population but Lana had no doubt they had enjoyed the spectacle of the two girl’s hugging and as they realised the brunette was looking in their direction they grinned at her and she blushed again even brighter. She stood up hastily making a mental note to get one of the other girl’s to serve them. “Do you want a drink?” she asked her friend.

Chloe pursed her lips as she thought. “Um, vanilla latte I think. You can make it with your fancy new coffee machine.”

Lana looked at the grinning girl and chuckled a little before turning and walking away. As she rounded the counter and moved over to the new coffee machine that Lex had bought for the shop Lana became slowly aware that someone had come to stand at the counter. Glancing back over her shoulder Lana felt her eyes widen as she saw Lex stood, his hands resting lightly on the counter top. While in some men the stance would have looked as if they were posing in Lex it seemed entirely natural. The man was entirely incapable of looking anything else than relaxed.

As usual today he was looking especially good although Lana was certain that she would never tell him that. Besides, the brunette waitress was almost equally certain that Lex was well aware of the fact that he had a very definite effect on any woman he came near. The only thing marring the image he was casting today was the slight frown on his features. Putting aside the cup she had been holding Lana took a deep breath and wandered over to him.

“Hey Lex,” she said shooting a smile at him. “What can I do for you today?”

He reached into his pocket and pulled out a wallet. “Cappuccino – extra strong, to go.”

“Sure thing. I’ll get right on it.” Lana moved away again set about making the coffee for him. Once she had finally figured out how to manipulate the machine into giving her what she wanted the girl turned back to him triumphantly holding the requested drink only to find that the man had disappeared. Lana scanned the room quickly and saw that he had moved to sit beside Chloe. She gave a small mental shrug and decided to kill two birds with one stone by preparing Chloe’s drink to take over at the same time.

odd duck
    Hmmm, Lex, Chloe and a love spell book... So many possibilities. :chlexsign2:

Well now! This certainly has possibilities. I can't believe you cut it off there, though! You need to post more now. Pleeease?

demoness
    Spellbook? Hmm...will Lana try to use it? :biggrin: More soon please!

Tandy :

NS Full Member
    Thought you could slip this one past me, didn't you Carmen? It was just as good as I thought it would be - but you had to stop it there, didn't you? Now we have to ponder the endless possibilities of Lex, Chloe and a love spell book!

Get writing!

Kerry

Spunky Chick Senior Member hfce's Avatar
    I already gave you a review but I just wanted to say more :chlexsign1:

Hope :chlexsign2:
    "Everyone seems normal until you get to know them. "

NS Full Member
    oh oh oh the possibilities!!! can't wait to see what you do with this!!

: Sway

Angel undercover!
    Spell book + Chloe + Lex = *great* possibilities.
    So come on, post the next part! What are you waiting for???

scifichick774
    Just a Guest!
    More please. I can't wait to read the next part.

bored and dangerous Senior Member sabby's Avatar
    Sittin by the side of the road in the middle of nowhere...
    hmmm another story for the love spell challenge? Good start! This is not enough though! Post more, I need more, more NOW! (god did that sound greedy or what?) :biggrin:

hugs,
    Sabby

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information