Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Fractured (PG-13) 3/3 23 May 2011

Fractured (PG-13) 3/3 23 May 2011

Title: Fractured
    Author: Biscuits
    Rating: PG-13/R
    Warning: Angsty and dark, especially in later sections
    Spoilers: none
    Disclaimer: Not mine, never going to be mine, never going to profit financially from these characters
    Summary: Futurefic. Lionel had never broken Lex. No. It had been a girl.

A/N: Other people may have written fics that discuss this topic but I haven’t read any of them. This came to me last night while I was trying to sleep, and refuses to let me work on anything else. This is not what I would call happy-go-lucky, so if you're looking for laughs or straight-up warm fuzzies, this is probably not the place to be.

Many people mused on what it was that had finally broken Lex Luthor. It wasn’t greed, or the desire for power, or even the weight of running a multi-billion dollar company. Neither was it the death of his father; Lionel had never broken Lex. No.

It had been a girl.

She had been sitting there in the Talon, golden hair shining as she laughed when Lex realized he needed her. She had looked over and locked eyes with him, a smile dancing in the creases around them and he loved her.

The process had been slow, and far from easy for her to break into his defenses and bring out the laughter and youth she found there.

She had dragged him, nervous and resistant to the park for an impromptu picnic. He had complained about the gradual ruination of his suit amidst the dirt, potential grass stains, and wildlife of the outdoors.

She had ambushed him with a karaoke machine set-up in the mansion’s study, threatening to sing at him, non-stop and off-key through the mansion’s intercom system until he tried it. He was awkward, for the first time since puberty, as she made him acknowledge and experience all that he’d abandoned, forcing him to work past the nervous embarrassment of being caught less than sophisticated and precise.

It was Chloe who had pulled on his suit lapels and kissed him after winning their game of scrabble for the first time. It was with that kiss that she changed the safety of the groove their friendship had fallen into. She was warm and soft and real, trusting that a life with him was worth the risk.

Chloe had held him close the first time they made love, soothing the trembles that racked his body and Chloe who had whispered ‘I love you’ as they lay entangled afterwards, unafraid of him pulling away.

She made him laugh, rich, full-bodied, and uninhibited, so hard that his sides cramped. She had savored that ache of happiness, rubbing away the sore spots and trying to make him laugh as often as possible.

Chloe was vibrant and vivid, painting his world of grey area business deals with choices and hope. She claimed one of the offices in LuthorCorp and redecorated it, demanding that whenever he had to spend long hours working on something he do it there instead of his own. ‘When you need to be all dark and intimidating you can use that one,’ she had reasoned. ‘But when you’re not, you should be working in a room that’s warm, and friendly.’

She had moved into the penthouse with him, giddily excited to see her clothes hanging next to his in the closet, belonging. In only a week, she knew all of the security and facilities workers by name, age, number of children, and, Lex jokingly said, dress size.

When he mentioned offhand at the breakfast table that he loved her, she just smiled and kept sipping her orange juice. She had squeezed him tighter than normal, planting a deep, passionate kiss on him as he left for work, then straightened his tie and told him to get the lead out because he was running late.

Chloe had finessed her way through countless charity functions, charming the older, married couples and brushing away the insults of the young and petty, retaliating with subtle, well placed remarks that concealed their sharp sarcasm under gracious delivery and ambiguous diction.

It was Chloe who had beamed at him all the way down the aisle, tears streaming down her face in sparkling trails. When Gabe had handed her over, Lex had brushed away her tears with the pad of his thumb, lightly kissing the drying tracks on her cheeks. It was also Chloe who had berated and convinced Clark and Pete to stand up as groomsmen, brandishing a roll of duct tape at them during the rehearsal dinner to keep them in check.

She had curled into the warmth of his body, the crook of his arm as they spooned in bed, his arm tucked possessively against her stomach. Chloe laughed at his Neanderthal tendencies, teasing him for being too primitive in his desires but occasionally instigating a doggy-style fuck to egg him on anyway.

They were laughing together in the limo after another lengthy charity dinner when the drunk driver ran through a red light. It had been Chloe who saw it coming and had thrown herself across Lex to catch the brunt of the assault.

It had been Chloe who had squeezed his hand in the aftermath, whispering how much she loved him, soothing his panic as he called out for help. Chloe who he had rocked in his arms, clutched to his chest as they waited for an ambulance.

It had been Superman who had hesitated at Lex’s plea for aid, choosing instead to grab two lost little boys and drop them off at a police station before speeding off to help.

Even as the self-righteous, primary-colored pin-up swooped in, Chloe’s eyes glazed over, her head drooped back and the life bled out to pool, thick, dark, and glinting between her legs.

It had been a girl.

end 1/3
    Last edited by biscuits; 24th May 2011 at 00:36.

Re: Fractured (PG-13)

Oh my God, I'm in tears from a short story, that never happens! That was so intense and sad. It was wonderfully written.

-K-

Zod is my homeboy

Whoa. That was like, deep. Awesome. Wow.

omg was she pregnant? that is so sad you should continue this story i would like to know what chloe and lex do, if she really was pregnant, or if if was chloe who died what lex would do to superman and the driver for what they did.

need air...need a tissue too... damn girl! that was beautifully sad! damn!

An Accused Heretic Senior Member Kit Merlot's Avatar

Oh man, this was excellent!

I didn't see that ending coming--if only Superman had gotten to Chloe in time to help her...

A very sad, but beautiful ending.
    KATHY

"Don't quote me to me!" Detective Danny "Danno" WIlliams, Hawaii Five-0, episode 1.8 Mana'o

"This could barely fill up Thumbelina!" SALIGIA by westwingwolf

My Fanfic Master List

My livejournal: An Accused Heretic

NS Senior Member Senior Member

I'm crying as I write this, and that is also how I believe Lex became who he is now. He was so happy and then that.

Members

WOW!! That was awesome. I was sorta waiting to see of it would end happily or tragically. Dam you Superman!!

Stupid self-righteous dirt-bag superman, that's just like him (I've really always disliked him). Poor Lex I thought she was prego when you wrote his arm protecting her stomach. That would definatly break Lex, so sad, and a great short story.

NS Senior Member Senior Member autumngold's Avatar

Your story is incredible!! I love your description of Chloe and Lex's life together and how much they loved each other!! And I find that I am furious with Superman, why couldn't he have saved Chloe too!! What good is super speed if you are too stupid to use it!! I'm in tears from your amazing story!! Poor Chloe and Lex!!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information