+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Separation (NC-17) Completed 2nd September 2014

NS Senior Member Senior Member HotCrossedBunny's Avatar

Re: Separation (NC-17) Updated 23rd April 2014

Chapter Twenty

Lex’s fingers flew across his keyboard as he finished up his last email for the day and closed his laptop down, with a sigh of relief. He had just made it. Logically he knew that Chloe wouldn’t object to him making a few phone calls and writing a couple of emails but he was trying to be on his best behaviour. He wanted this weekend to be absolutely perfect.

He slid along the side of the limo’s back seat to look out of the window. Through the tinted glass he could make out Chloe’s luscious figure as she chatted with some other parents as she waited for Lilly to get out of school. He wanted to be out there with her waiting for their daughter to get out of school but that wasn’t his place and he didn’t want to shock his baby. And so he waited, examining Chloe’s behind as he did so.

She was wearing her good butt jeans (as she called them) again and he liked to think that they were for his benefit although as she leant forward to pluck a flower which had caught her eye he was seriously considering throwing caution to the wind and getting out so that he could wrap his jacket around her waist. That was a view that should be for his eyes only.

Before his resolve could be too sorely tested the school bell rang and the air was filled with the sound of children’s delighted squeals and footsteps. It was an exclusive school, with fewer than 50 students (all from very good families), yet it still sounded like a heard of stampeding elephants. Much to his delight, he noted that his elephant and out at the front.

She careened along the covered porch way: her French plats (which had probably been neat that morning) flailing out behind her, her skirt hitched up just a little too far, one sock settled around her ankle, shoes scuffed, book bag dangling from one hand and crashing into things as she hurried past, and a massive grin on her cherubim face.

As she approached her mother she leapt fearlessly, trusting Chloe to catch her, which she did. A whoosh of air flew from Chloe’s lungs as the tiny lump hurtled into her. She clung to her little girl who returned the embrace, wrapping her arms and legs around her fiercely, and not noticing when her bag accidently swung around and caught her mother in the back.

Lex lurched forwards almost out of the car when he saw his wife catch herself and remembered why they had agreed that he would stay in the car. Lilly would get over excited and start asking questions – as would the other parents – as he was not normally there for afternoon pick up. That was how Chloe had put it at least. In truth Lex knew that he had never been there for afternoon pick up, he had only been there once when she had got out of school and that was because Lilly had called Lionel and forced him into it. He was disgusting and rightly disgusted with himself.

Through the glass, he watched as Chloe steadied her balance and bounced her daughter up so that she had a better purchase on her – a procedure which didn’t appear to bother Lilly in the slightest. In fact, as Chloe gave her daughter a kiss on the cheek, Lilly began to babble. Lex’s heart began to swell. Just watching her lips move he could practically hear her little voice, her expressions so much like her mother’s, telling her all about her day. He couldn’t believe that he had missed out on so much over the last year and a bit. He hadn’t meant to. He didn’t know how it had happened. But now, seeing her here, she knew that he couldn’t bear to be separated from her for another minute.

His hand was on the door handle when Chloe turned and started making her way back to the car, Lex slid back further into the car and tried to compose himself.

The door swung open just as Lilly was declaring, “It’s Daddy’s big car”.

“Yes, sweetheart”, Chloe agreed, a touch of incredulous amusement. She, little Chloe from Kansas, had a daughter who referred to stretch limos as ‘Daddy’s big car’s as if it were nothing. Well, Chloe supposed, the child did had a personal fortune of around 50 million already so it was nothing to her.

Lilly barrelled into the car head first leaving her mother to ensure that she was not inadvertently displaying her panties to the entire playground. “Daddy”, she shrieked and somehow performed a rather impressive feat of acrobatics which left her squarely in his lap, hugging him as if she hadn’t seen him in a year.

“Good afternoon Lillian, I hope that you are well”, Lex said, with absurd formality as he tried valiantly not to let his emotions get the better of him.

“Silly Daddy”, Lilly patted him indulgently and looked over at her mother who was attempting not to snigger at Lex as she closed the door and sorted out Lilly’s school bag the strap of which had somehow become wrapped around her ankle.

Lilly allowed herself to be untangled with great patience as she bombarded her father with questions. “Hello Daddy, what are you doing here? Have you been here long? Are you here to see me? Do you like my new bobbles?” This last question was illustrated by her holding out the end of her braids to him so that he could admire her strawberry inspired bobbles – which he did with a level of appreciation which she seemed to feel proper.

“And yes, of course I am here to see you. Mommy and I have”, he was about to say a little surprise for you, but then second guessed himself. She could think that that meant that they were getting back together and he didn’t want to get her hopes up even for a second. “Only for this weekend”, he prefaced so that she wouldn’t think that she was getting out of school, “we are going on a little, mini holiday”, he explained, inelegantly.

Lilly gaped up at him, not entirely sure what to make of this statement. She stared at him, then shifted her eyes over to her mother just for confirmation, erupting into squeals of delight - which were a little too loud considering the close quarters in which they were seated -, upon receiving such.

“We are really going on holiday?”

“Yes”.

“Really? Honestly? Truly? On holiday?”

“Yes, yes, yes and yes”, he answered with a laugh.

“I’ve never been on holiday before”, she announced with childish innocence.

Lex almost chocked. She had never been on holiday? His sweet little princess, one of the most privileged (financially speaking at least) children in America, had never been on holiday?

“Yes you have”, Chloe interrupted, placing a consoling hand on her husband’s shoulder. “You just don’t remember it, you were too young”.

That didn’t make him feel much better. He hadn’t taken them on holiday since she had actually been old enough to remember.

“Do you remember the day that we got Hippolyta Hippo?” Chloe asked.

“Of course”, Lilly adored her purple tutu bedecked hippopotamus amphibious.

“Well, remember going to the sea life centre and being on the beach that same day?” She continued.

“Yes”.

“Well we were on holiday then”, Chloe informed her. “There aren’t a lot of beaches in Kansas”.

“Oh”, Lilly thought for a moment, “are we going to a beach now?”

“No sweetie”, Lex started but then paused to consider, he could fly them out to somewhere with a beach, he could have the private jet ready in …

“No, not this weekend; it takes a very long time to get somewhere with a beach. The commute would simply be too long for a weekend”, Chloe took over the explanation. She could see what Lex was thinking but they had agreed not to go too far out so that Lilly wouldn’t get too over tired.

“Oh”, Lilly seemed a little confused.

“We are going to stay in a hotel”, Chloe informed her which made her perk up.

“I’m going to pack the second that we get back to Granddad’s”, Lilly decided, already thinking about everything she would need. Books for Daddy to read to her, sweeties, ice cream, Teddy, toys, her toothbrush … and maybe some clothes.

“Actually, I’ve already packed for you”, Chloe explained, “so we can get going straight away”. They were, in fact, already on their way going in the opposite direction to Gabe’s apartment.

Lilly seemed rather affronted by this. She wanted to pack for herself. She was a big girl and Mommy might have missed something.

“But what about Teddy?” She asked, she had heard tales of parents packing before and missing out key things.

“He is safe in the boot”, Chloe promised her.

“In the boot”, Lilly screeched. “The boot?”

“Yes, in the boot”, Chloe wondered where else he would be.

“But he won’t like it in the boot, he won’t know where he is. He will get scared!” Her tiny voice rose in pitch and indignation.

“Peters”, Lex said calmly, as he pressed the intercom button, “please pull up as soon as it is safe and procure Miss Lillian’s Teddy from the boot”.

Within a few seconds the beloved bear was in Lex’s hands as he examined him, “Look at that, he is fast asleep. Well, that’s a bear for you. He hasn’t even realised that he isn’t still on your bed at home. I think that he had better go over to Mommy to sleep for a bit while we do our homework”. He handed the bear over and Chloe cradled it appropriately making it seem as if he were indeed fast asleep.

“I don’t have any homework”, Lilly complained as she reached for her bear, which Chloe would have given her had she not been leant forwards rummaging in her bag for Lilly’s afterschool pick me up.

“Possibly not from school no, but remember we are doing an extra hour every night this week to make up for what you missed on Monday”, Lex reminded her. Lilly’s ability to forget things when it most suited her really was remarkable.

“I didn’t miss anything on Monday because everyone else missed it. If I learn too much then I will be too far ahead of the other students and then they will feel bad”, she tried to explain to her father once again.

“I don’t really care about what the other children are doing, we agreed so we are going to do our maths homework now”, Lex turned his computer back on as that was where we had stored the new information.

“But”, she pointed out, “we already finished my whole maths book yesterday”.

“I know, that is why we are moving onto algebra”.

“I can’t do algebra, I’m too little. Even mommy can’t do it, I heard her telling Auntie Lois so”.

Lex almost smiled at that, it was so different from the normal refrain of “But I’m a big girl”, but he couldn’t let her get away with it. He had set a punishment and it had to be carried out.

“Well then, we had better make sure that you are very good at it so that you can help Mommy, hadn’t we?” He decided.

“No”.

“Lilly”.

“No”, she folded her arms in front of her chest, and stuck her chin out, a mutinous expression adorning her features.

“Lillian, we are going to do this work together so we can either do it now and get it out of the way quickly so that we can have fun when we arrive at the hotel or”, he paused for dramatic effect, “we spend the entire weekend on it. It is your choice”.

Her chin wobbled. But she looked no less defiant.

Lex knew that she didn’t care for extra school work or the fact that it reminded her that she had got in trouble in the first place, but he couldn’t understand why she was suddenly making a much bigger deal out of it than she had all of the rest of the week.

“Lillian”, Lex tried again, although he had no idea what he was going to say.

“Here”, Chloe handed her daughter her juice box and oatie bar.

Lilly’s eyes widened with delight as she saw them and muffled something before cramming the bar into her mouth.

Lex raised an eyebrow and reminded her, “What do you say?”

She turned angry, hurt eyes upon him.

“She did say thank-you”, Chloe informed him gently, “she never forgets to say please and thank-you. That would be rude and a horrendous thing. She can’t believe that some children have to even be prompted, she was quite shocked when she first heard of it”, Lilly’s head nodded, “you just didn’t hear her”.

“Oh, I’m very sorry Lilly, I should have known that you wouldn’t forget something like that”, Lex said stroking her head but found that she was now hiding in her mother’s side, sucking on her straw of her juice box as if her life depended on it.

Chloe tried to shoot him an encouraging smile. It could be hard when Lilly didn’t get sugar immediately upon release from school, Chloe blamed herself. She shouldn’t have allowed herself to become distracted by their conversation and the change in routine. It was her fault. Her baby hadn’t eaten since lunch (almost four hours ago); she was bound to get upset more easily. She squeezed her baby and stroked her arm until the contents of the first juice was gone and she handed her the second one – luckily Chloe always watered them down (3:1 juice to water).

After a few more sucks, Lilly was considerably calmer and offered her mother the straw.

“That’s okay sweetie”, Chloe declined graciously.

Lilly didn’t bother to offer it to Daddy - as he was being so mean and unreasonable - before popping it back into her mouth and sucking gently.

“You know”, Chloe started gently, “I’ve always felt very dumb”.

The little cherub blinked up at her in angelic surprise.

“Not really understanding algebra always made he feel like a failure and I fear that it is something that is just never going to get any better”, she sighed, “And now, I’m too old to learn”.

Lilly shook her head angrily and turned to her father and poked him in the arm.

“Am I to take that to mean that I am going to teach both of you algebra?”

Lilly nodded. Of course she wasn’t going to leave her Mommy alone at a time like that, she reached over and grabbed Teddy as well and seated him on her lap so that he could learn too. It was time that he stopped being a lazy teddy bear, woke up and leant some algebra.

Half an hour later – Lex decided to let her off the last thirty minutes as he was fairly certain that she had no idea whether it had been an hour or not – they stopped.

“Well that was easy, wasn’t it?”

“Yes”, Lilly agreed, her straw having been removed from her mouth the first time she had felt the need to shout out an answer – she wasn’t in school after all, no need to be too quiet.

“I think that I got it this time”, Chloe agreed.

“What does Teddy think?” Lex wondered, from where he now had his arm around both of his girls.

Lilly held him up to hear ear and listened before announcing, “Easy peasey limey squeezey”.

“Limey squeezey?”

“We prefer limes to lemons”.

“Well, now I know that it all makes sense”, Lex smiled as he stored his laptop away. They still had a little way to go to the hotel and he didn’t want her to get fractious though so he tried to think of a new conversation in which to interest her. He was about to ask her about her day – although not sure if he would get told off as she had already obviously told Chloe about it outside and seemed to feel that telling one parent something was enough and that the other should just have magically known it as if there existed a magical invisible line between their ears.

He was saved, however, by Lilly looking around as if realising something for the first time. “Where’s Granddad?”

“He is staying at home, catching up on his sleep after that game of twister someone made him play yesterday”, Lex explained, punctuating the end of his statement with a conspiratorial nudge.

“I didn’t make him”, Lilly protested. She never made anyone do anything, she just used her look on them and they chose to do as she wished.

“Sure you didn’t”, Lex teased, dropping a kiss on her head and noticing that she was suddenly silent. “What’s the matter?”

She twisted her hands together and examined her feet, which were sticking out in front of her.

“You do like Granddad, don’t you?” She turned to him.

“Of course I do. He is just a little tired and I thought that it would be nice for us three to spend some time together, that’s all”, he was privately trying to calculate how soon he could have Gabe on the scene if necessary.

“You love all of your teddies, don’t you?” Chloe interjected, “And they all know that but they are not all coming today because you don’t really need them and because they need to catch up on their sleep as well”.

Lilly nodded at the truth of this statement, but explained, “Because someone at school said that their Daddy and Granddad don’t like each other and”, she looked like she might actually cry at any second.

Lex wasn’t sure exactly who she was talking about but nipped it in the bud. “That is not the case with us. I like Granddaddy Gabe. He and I have known each other for years, I even knew him before I met Mommy”.

“Really?”

“Yes, really”, he said with a laugh.

Seeing that is was distracting her, he smiled over at Chloe who was nodding at him encouragingly.

“And I wouldn’t worry about that other boy. Is he a bit silly?” From what he knew about boys of that age, they usually were.

“Yes, he is!”

“I thought that he might have been”, he tried to hide his smile. “Well then, he probably just misunderstood. Sometimes Daddy’s are overprotective so it seems like they don’t get along when really they do.”

She seemed to be thinking this over for a moment before going back to her original line of questioning. “You really knew Granddad before Mommy?” It just seemed like a very strange notion to her.

“Yes, I knew both Granddads before Mommy”.

“Of course you did”, she rolled her eyes expressively at him, “one of them is your Daddy”.

Chloe sniggered and Lex shot her a warning look.

“Yes, very clever”, he stroked his angels head. It was a silly subject but it had stopped her being upset.

“How come you met Granddad?

“Well, I was born and …”

“No, silly Daddy. Mommy’s Daddy Granddad not your Daddy Granddad”.

“That’s a lot of Daddies”.

“Daddy!”

“Okay, okay”.

~*~

Lex’s silver Porsche sailed through field upon field of corn, to some people the life blood of the state and a thing of beauty, to him just another reminder that he had been exiled to this hick town as punishment for his past. He pressed his foot down even harder on the accelerator, not caring if he met his death.

It wasn’t as if he had done anything that bad, just neglected his school work, partied a little too much, had a few too many women. Hardly anything. Certainly nothing that everyone else his age – with his money – wasn’t doing.

The car sped along even faster.

It wasn’t fair that he was being sentenced to live (or rather, exist) in a town which had nothing in it. He was already bored out of his skull and he hadn’t even got out of his car yet. He saw the factory in the distance, an ugly silver building with absolutely nothing to recommend it. No style, no grace. It was just big and silver, almost grey. It was with no great feeling of enthusiasm that he skidded to a halt outside it. He missed crashing into the wall by only a few millimetres but he wasn’t sure that that was a positive thing.

The smell assaulted his nostrils as soon as he left his Porsche and he sneered, “Welcome to Smallville”.

He stalked through the factory, not bothering with security. Most people recognised his distinctive bald head and scurried out of his way, he didn’t pay attention to them. Some of them whispering something about finding Gabe.

Lex wondered who Gabe was.

He was just coming up to the end of his wanderings when he heard someone say, “And watch out for Daddy’s precious little boy. Lord of the manor was supposed to arrive at nine and it’s eleven now so expect to see him in a couple of hours, probably coming to shut the place down because he lost a bet or something”.

He almost burst out laughing. The man had balls.

The man he was talking to coughed, upon seeing Lex.

The auburn hair man turned about and although he looked shocked, he clearly wasn’t scared and recovered quickly. “Mr Luthor”.

“Please call me Lex”.

~*~

“Ohhhhhhh”, Lilly gasped, “You were really naughty before you went to Smallville?” Lex had of course told her that he had refused to tidy his room and eat his broccoli in his retelling of the story.

“I had my moments”, he admitted it, before tweeting her chin and informing her, “That is where you get it from”.

“I’m not naughty”, Lilly protested.

“Neither was Daddy, just misunderstood”, Chloe assured them both.

That seemed to satisfy Lilly, who continued, “So, you met Mommy through Granddad? Did you go to tea?”

“No, not exactly …”

~*~

Lex stood in front of a wall of pictures, article clippings, and what looked like a police report in one case, trrying to wrap his mind around it. He had come to the small town less than a month ago and had been desperately searching for some way to mend the reputation of his plan and it had been right under his nose (or on top of his head as it were) the whole time. It was all because of the Meteor shower.

Who would have thought that trying to be friendly and attempting to pay a visit to his plant manager’s daughter while at her school would have yielded such results. He continued to read headline aafter headline, marvelling at her genious until he heard someone come in. The footsteps were too heavy to be a womans so he didn’t bother to turn around.

It turned out to be Clark, who after some initial questions about why he was there, chose to enlighten him as to the mystery that was Chloe Sullivan. Lex was about ready to go and hunt the intrepid reporter down when he heard another person entering the room, a woman this time, and knew from the accent that this must be Chloe Sullivan.

“Mr Luthor”.

He turned and a smile broke out across his face. Gabe had talked about his daughter. A lot. He had shown pictures and examples of every single article that she had written and Lex had been impressed by her ability and talent. He had known logically that she was fourteen and exceptionally smart but the way that Gabe always talked about his “little girl”, “baby” and “Chloe bear”, Lex had expected her to be well small.

Instead he came face to face with an eclectically attired, young woman with a bright smile and even brighter eyes, not to mention short blonde hair. That picture of her on Gabe’s desk must have been years old.

“It’s Lex”, he informed her as he strode over to her. He held his hand out to her and she took it immediately with a firm grip. He was even more impressed. “Clark was just telling me your meteor theory, I like it”.

“Thanks”, she looked over at Clark, seeming surprised.

“Espeically since most people think that my company is secretly behind everything that goes wrong in Smallville”, the first time he had refered to it as his company.

“That’s the reigning theory”. She continued to smile up at him.

“Are you the only one who blames the meteors, instead fo me?”

She seemed to concidre this for a moment. “Pretty much”, her brow furrowed, “Well, there is Mr Hamilton”, she turned to Clark and Lex’s interest started to wander.

~*~

“So you all got along …” Lilly summed up.

“Sure”.

“Snd you and Mommy got married.

“Not right then”.

“Boyfriend and girlfifriend?”

“No, sweetheart. Not forquite a long time.

“Oh”.

“Wasn’t it weird being Mommy and Daddy and not being together?”

“Well, no, not exactly because we didn’t know each other that well then. It was far stranger when we di dget together and had to tell Gabe, I mean Granddad”, Lex corrected himself.

“Why?”

“Well, Daddies have a tendency to see their daughters as little girls, even when they are fully grown” He saw the look on her face, “But he was happy for us … sort of”.

~*~

“Daddy, I have something to tell you”, Chloe said, her hands twisting in her jammies as she sat at the breakfast bar. Her date with Lex had been amazing, beyond amazing and she needed to tell her father about this important development in her life – without details of course.

“What is it sweetheart?” Gabe inquired as she finished flipping the pancakes and plating them up. He had thought that he would prepare something special as it was his little girl’s second day at home. He settled himself on a stool and tried not to panic, she couldn’t have got in trouble already, could she? What was he thinking, of course she could have. It only took her five minutes.

Chloe had thought over a thousand possible ways to tell her father, to let him know as gently as possible without it come out as “I’m dating your boss”.

“What?”

She swallowed. Realising that she had said that out loud.

“Please tell me that you mean Lex, not Lionel”.

“Of course Lex”.

“Oh, thank God for that”.

“Dad, how could you think …?”

“Well, I don’t know you made such a big production about telling me”

“I thought that you would be shocked and I was trying to break it to you gently”.

He snorted.

“I didn’t mean to come out and just tell you”, she explained.

“Yes, I had gathered that much”, he took a glug of coffee, trying to restore his equanimity. “But it’s just Lex that you are dating?”

“Well the terms girlfriend and boyfriend were discussed”, she informed him blushing.

“I should bloody well hope so”, he

“And what do you mean just Lex?”

“I have been expecting you to get together for at least a year”, Gabe explained prosaically. “I can’t say that I am thrilled about it but …

“Hang on a second. A year?” She hadn’t even known for a year.

“Yes, ever since he gave me my job back and was so concerned about your eating habits. Then you started mentioning him all of the time so …”

“I do not mention him all of the time”.

“At least twice a telephone conversation”, Gabe said. He noticed these kinds of things. In fact, only a few months ago he had had a conversation with Lex about not interfering with her school work.

“it’s not that often”, Chloe said, blushing.

“Sure it isn’t. So, when do I get to meet him?”

“Meet him? Dad, you knew him years before I did”.

“Yes, but not as his perspective father-in-law”.

“Dad, you’re not his perspective father-in-law, we are not that serious we are not …”

“When Chloe? This lunchtime or this dinner time?”

With a sigh of dread Chloe got her phone out and called Lex.

“Luthor”, Lex answered without even looking at who was calling, as he sat at his desk in the office of his Smallville home.

“Hi Lex, it’s me”, Chloe started, the butterflies swarming in her stomach.

“Oh hello”, he immediately brightened. “Why do you sound so nervous? Is something wrong or did you just tell Gabe?”

“Yeah, I just told Dad”.

“Let me guess, he wants to meet me?”

Gabe, able to hear both parts of the conversation, chimed in. “Yes, as soon as possible”.

Lex checked his watch, “I have a conference call at 10, but I can come by now if you want?”

“Perfect”.

“No, I’m not dressed yet”.

“Lex”, Gabe took the phone from his baby, “that will be just fine thank-you, see you then”. And with that he hung up and returned the phone to his daughter. “Don’t worry sweetheart, it is always better to get these things out of the way as soon as possible”.

“Better for whom?” Chloe wondered as she calculated how long it would take Lex to get there verses shower and changing time.

“You don’t have anywhere near enough time … not the way that Lex drives at least. Besides your pancakes will get cold”.

Gabe had finished his and got up to make a second stack so that there would be plenty for Lex when he arrived, which happened a mere five minutes later.

Chloe wanted to go to the door but Gabe beat her to it.

“Good morning Gabe”, Lex said presently as he took in the head of the Sullivan household’s pyjamas.

“Mr Sullivan if you don’t mind Lex”, Gabe corrected him, he was his daughter’s boyfriend after all, a bit of respect was called for.

“Mr Sullivan”, Lex corrected himself with only a hint of a smile.

Gabe nodded, “Well, as I’ve worked with you for years so we can dispense with the ID and the threats that you will end up at the bottom of a pile of manure if you hurt her, because we both know that I’ll do it”.

Lex didn’t doubt it for a second. He had especially enjoyed that threat when given to the whole of Chloe’s class on their field trip.

“Where did you got to school and what grades did you get?” He already knew most of that from passing but it never hurt to check.

“I went to Excelsior academy in Metropolis and got top marks in everything. I also went to MetU were I fell in with a bad crowd, did drugs but I did get full marks on the end of year exams. I never finished my degree but I only lack the thesis and have been working to complete it and writing an MA and PhD in my spare time in the last few years”.

Gabe resisted the urge to snort at the idea of Lex having any free time but was pleased to hear that he had been honest and that he was doing something about it. And there was no doubting that he was smart so at least his grandkids wouldn’t be idiots and he already knew that he was the only man who could keep up with his Chloe Bear.

“Current occupation and pay grade”, he continued through the list of questions that anyone hoping to take his daughter out must answer.

Lex did smile at that. “Head of Lex Corp and for that I get about 10 million per year, then another 50 million from my investments. The latter could never go lower than about 10 million even in an economic crash. It would be a blow, I’ll admit, but I imagine that Chloe could help me economise to meet it”.

“Probably. Where do you see yourself in five years’ time?”

“Dad”, Chloe’s voice came complaining from the kitchen, “haven’t you grilled him enough yet?”

“No, eat your pancakes”, Gabe called back. “Where was I?”

“Five years’ time”, Lex reminded him and then proceeded to answer, “I see myself still working at LexCorp and expanding the business and continuing to campaign for state senator”.

“And in ten years?”

“Hopefully by then I will be a senator and planning my move to the White House”.

“You don’t want much, do you?” He snorted. Then he looked uncomfortable as he thought of what he knew he had to ask next, he really didn’t want to.

“You are wondering how to ask me about my family when you know that I lost my mother and brother and that my father and I don’t get along with my father?” Lex guessed.

“Don’t forget your criminal grandparents who Lionel killed”, Chloe called from the kitchen, hating being left out but deciding that as there was no way that she could clean herself up before he saw her she might as well eat her pancakes whilst they were still hot.

“Thank-you Chloe”, Lex called back. “Don’t worry about it G… Mr Sullivan, I would ask the same questions myself. My father comes from Suicide Slums and after killing his parents managed to start a business which I took from him – more or less. My mother was a socialite from a good family but I think that they are all dead now”.

“I’m sorry”.

“Don’t be”, Lex shrugged. He had always wondered if his mother would have made the choices she had had she had a family to support her rather than just an aunt who from all that he could tell had as good as sold her when Lionel’s offer had come along.

“Religion and politics, then”, Gabe continued. He was fairly sure that Lex was Christian and a little right wing.

“I’m Protestant but I’m the first to admit that I don’t go to church as often as I should”, he didn’t add, didn’t do as he should half of the time either, “as for politics. I’m a Luthor. I’m on whichever side aids me”.

“Me too”, he was technically left wing but if the Republicans ever did something good, ha big if, he would vote for them. Probably. “So, we come down to it. What are your intentions towards my daughter?”

“Would Chloe like to come out for this or just listen in from around the corner?” Lex inquired politely, but ensuring that his voice would travel.

Chloe appeared, grinning sheepishly. She hadn’t been listening in, she had just been eating her breakfast when they had started talking. She couldn’t help overhearing, her ears were excellent. Better than Clarks’ when there was information around.

“I intend to date your daughter and do my very best to make her happy, for as long as she will have me …”

“Smooth little git, aren’t you”, Gabe snorted, but felt that he had done his duty, “So, have you had your breakfast yet?”

“Does black coffee count?”

“No, it bloody well does not”, honestly he didn’t know what the youth of the day was coming to. “Would you like some pancakes?”

“Yes thank-you Mr Sullivan”, Lex accepted as he stepped into the house and saw Chloe and her pyjamas. She was cute in her brightly coloured shorts and tank top and sticky out hair. He could get very used to a sight like that.

“Mr Sullivan?” Gabe snorted, “What kind of kiss up are you?”

Lex started at Chloe as Gabe went into the kitchen to make some more pancakes. You heard him say earlier … didn’t you?”

“Yes sweetie I know, let’s go get you some pancakes”, she patted him on the arm.

~*~

Thankfully they arrived at the hotel before Lilly could ask any more questions and she was awed into silence. The little girl was used to the very best that life could possibly offer but even by her standards this was opulent. The hotel was designed to look like an old Italian villa but set in lush gardens.

She continued to be awed until they got her into bed ready for the following morning and Lex and Chloe could finally occupy themselves in other ways.

A/N: So, how is everyone?

A/N: As the chapter above didn't have that much in it, here is a second one.

Chapter Twenty-One

“Hmmm, this is nice”, Chloe decided as she wrapped her arms around her husband’s waist and rested her head against his shoulder.

Lex ran his fingers through her hair and dropped a kiss on the top of her head, “That’s very true”, he agreed as the warm water of the Jacuzzi swirled around them. This had definitely been one of her Chloe’s best ideas: to come out onto her private balcony and enjoy the warm, sweet night air, the blanket of stars and each other’s arms. Between the night sky, the view of the private gardens which twinkled with fairy lights and the pale outline of the hills in the distance he was spoilt for choice for beautiful scenery, but he couldn’t take his eyes off his beautiful wife.

Chloe must have noticed because even in the dim light he could observe her cheeks flushing. He grinned at her as she turned her head and pretended to observe their surroundings, “This really is a very nice hotel”, she said thoughtfully, “Lilly really likes it”.

“I’m glad”, he had put a lot of thought into where exactly to take them and was delighted that he had finally settled on this place. It was different enough to be exciting but close enough that the commute wouldn’t kill them; and most importantly of all, it was secluded.

“Yeah, there is only one problem”, she laid the ground work for the piece of news she had to give him. She felt her cheeks get even warmer. She hadn’t been this shy around him since … well since she had been a fourteen year old girl in Smallville and then she had masked it with bravado. Still, it felt strangely good - even if she was suddenly painfully shy - just to be around him and have his attention.

“What?” He snapped to attention, sitting up properly and dislodging Chloe slightly.

“Nothing bad”, she assured him, placing her hand more forcefully on his chest to get him to recline again, “or, nothing for you to worry about, at least”.

“Well, that’s something”, he conceded. “So, what is it?”

“Well”, she drew the word out, she had been trying to work out how to broach the subject ever since she and Lilly had discussed it. She looked up at him through lowered eyelashes and he smiled with relief, he could recognise her ‘I want something’ look. “We were looking around the entire suite”.

“I know, I was there”.

“Yes, well we continued while you were on the phone”, she felt his tense up, “I’m not getting at you. One phone call doesn’t ruin the vacation”, she assured him with a kiss on the cheek, “we looked at your room”.

“Go on”.

“We both noticed a terrible patch of damp on that one wall”, she laid particular stress the word terrible.

Lex had noticed a patch which looked like someone had flicked some water on the wall, not exactly what one would call a damp patch and had wondered how it had got there.

“Well, Lilly and I were discussing it and decided that you simply couldn’t sleep in there; who knows what terrible things you could pick up in a room like that?” she continued, trying to look innocent, “And we decided that the only sane solution was that, just for the holiday, you should come and sleep in my room”. There, she had got it all out.

Lex attempted to smirk down at her in a knowing, urbane manner but it came out as slightly more of a delighted grin.

“You know Chloe, if you wanted to get me into bed, all that you had to do was ask”.

She elbowed him, destroy the moment.

“I probably deserved that”, he admitted, pulling her into a hug as she rubbed the presumably sore spot.

“Yes, you did”, she agreed.

“How about I make it up to you with a shoulder rub?” He suggested.

“Oh Lex, you don’t have to”, she said politely, even as she turned around to allow him to do it.

“I see that you’re really putting up a fight about it”, he teased her as he stroked his hands over her shoulders.

“Yeah, big fuss you shouldn’t blah blah blah, more rubbing please”, she patted his hands.

“I adore you”, he kissed the crown of her head as he began to knead her shoulders gently.

“Oh God”, she let out a throaty moan, “this is heaven”.

Lex made some noncommittal sound in the back of his throat which she took for agreement, he was privately thinking that, as much as he was enjoying this, heaven probably didn’t allow such dirty images to plague him.

He had been having semi lascivious thoughts about her all day which had only increased at her suggestion to use the Jacuzzi. Thankfully she had already been fully submerged in the water by the time that he had come out so all that he could see were her creamy shoulders with a thin black straps of her bikini. He thought that much more might have sent him over the edge.

Chloe moaned and leant back, nestling against him. Lex felt himself stirring.

“You are far too tense”, he informed her, as he moved her forwards slightly so that he could knead his way down her back and she wouldn’t feel the effect that she was having on him.

“And you’re far too delicious”, she replied.

Lex laughed warmly.

She forced her brain to examine what she had just said, searching for any hint of humour but it was all cloudy. Finally, she settled on complaining, “Your own fault if I can’t come up with a good come back, brain not working”.

His warm mirth seemed to wrap around her as he nuzzled her ear. “Poor brain”.

“Umm … poor brain”, Chloe agreed. She would probably have agreed with anything that he had said as his hands reached her lower back, right where a great deal of her tension was.

“Poor poor little Chloe’s brain”, he kissed her temple.

“Yeah”, she said, dazedly, “poor smutty brain”. The heat of the water, the feel of Lex’s hands on her skin, the warm breath tickling her ear and his words which floated around her was all too much for her. She was ready to melt into a big pile of mush.

“Smutty?” A jolt went straight to his cock at that word.

“Oh yeah, very smutty”, she almost purred as his hands skimmed the top of her buttocks. “Oh God so good”.

“Tell me”, he got out, his voice horse.

“So good”, she repeated.

He chuckled thickly, “I meant about the thoughts”, he promoted, although he was obviously always pleased to hear how much she enjoyed his technique.

“Oh yeah, smutty brain. Full of smutty thoughts of you”, she sighed, “of your hands on my body”.

“Like this”, he ran his hands back up her spine.

“No”, she shook her head.

“Oh”.

“That’s good”. His hands brushed her there again, “very good”, her voice was almost a whimper this time, “but not exactly the same as my dream …” She trailed off.

Lex waited a second, then another one, hanging on her words He wanted, needed, for her to tell him exactly what she had dreamed of but she was not forthcoming. He took a deep sustaining breath, trying to keep his lust and temper in check, it didn’t work. “Are you trying to kill me? Tell me what the fuck you want”, he demanded.

She giggled; amazed that she had so much power over him, even in her current drowsy state. “Breasts”.

He grinned. He had been trying to respect her limits and not hurry her but he chose to take that as an invitation/demand.

“Lex”, she whimpered as he continued to massage her shoulders for a second teasing her, before slowly inching his hands down over her collar bone, skimming over the top of her bikini to finally fill his hands with her breasts.

Desperate not to appear weak and needy she strangled the mewing noises in her throat, but couldn’t control her hands. They grasped at his thighs as she shifted her hips back and brushed against his engorged organ. Her reaction to his simple caress was embarrassing and ridiculous but it had just been so long. His large, strong hands felt so much better against her poorly neglected flesh than her hands ever had.

Gently, hardly believing that he was in this position again, he massaged and squeezed her soft mounds. They were smaller than before, but still had the ability to drive him crazy with lust.

Chloe’s nailed dug into his legs as she hitched herself up slightly, rubbing herself back against him and whimpering piteously as his thumb brushed against her nipples.

“You like that?” He demanded, not caring that he sounded like the protagonist of a bad dirty film.

“Yeah”, she panted as she tried to work up some friction against him, even if it wasn’t where she needed it.

“What about this?” He flicked her hardened nubs of flesh.

“Oh fuck yes”.

He tugged.

“Argh!” He was going to kill her.

He went back to kneading her firmly, whilst rubbing tight circles around her nipples as he kissed her neck. “Tell me what you want”.

“Harder”, was all she managed to pant out as she writhed against him.

He bit her neck and pinched her and her erratic grinding suddenly stopped, her hands covering her mouth just in time to muffle a scream as she jerked forwards. Lex smirked, not in the slightest afraid that he had hurt her. It might have been over a year but he still knew her body, what it wanted, needed, and just what to do to make her scream and beg for him. He wanted her with a desire that even he had never known before, he felt like he was going to burst at any second but the desperate desire to make her want him was terrible.

“Do you want me?”

Chloe may have been trying to speak but no words came out as he continued to fondle her soft flesh.

He nipped at her ear and tweaked her before taking his hands away.

“Lex”, she turned in complaint. Her breath catching in her throat as she saw his expression: pure lust.

He advanced on her, pushing her back against the other side of the Jacuzzi. He wanted to devour her whole, he was almost consumed with passion but there was still a nagging voice reminding him that this wasn’t his right anymore. He needed to be absolutely sure.

“Tell me what you want Chloe”.

“I need you to touch me”, she begged, too far gone to worry about her self-respect. “Please, I … oh fuck yes!”

Lex was on top of her in a second, his mouth devouring hers, his hands grasping her ass and pulling her up so that her hot, wet core was pressed hard against him.

“Show me, show me how you want me to touch you”, his ravenous gaze feasted on her (captivated by her sparking green eyes, flushed cheeks, heaving chest, and swollen parted lips) as her trembling fingers caressed her chest, trying to put on a good show for him and tease herself but then snapping. Her hands squeezed and fumbled as best as she could, it wasn’t as good as Lex but the look in his eyes was enough to get her off by itself.

One of Lex’s hands continued to grab her ass while the other snuck around to brush her sensitised flesh, the fabric of her bikini petting her gently. Her legs were handing over his thighs and her feet slipped against the bottom of the tub as she attempted to get a better purchase, desperate to rub herself against him.

“Oh baby”, he groaned as his fingers stroked her, finding her clit and pressing his thumb against it. Even though the fabric, she came, jerking up and biting his shoulder to muffle her scream of ecstasy. Her hips rocked against him. It was hot and powerful and the best one she had had since the last time that she had been with Lex. It was fantastic, but no way near close to satisfying her after so long.

Lex was not fairing much better. He let out a snarl as he felt her teeth against him and he came. Hard. He was mortified.

They collapsed back against the side of the Jacuzzi. Lex almost squashing her and yet Chloe’s arms and legs still wrapped themselves around him, wanting to keep him close.

“Love you”.

“Yeah, you too”, Chloe agreed once their breathing finally returned to normal, as her hands travelled back over his broad, gorgeous shoulders and down his chest and flat stomach to his now softening cock. He growled, his cheeks flushing with colour. “What’s the matter?” She wanted to know, “Isn’t this what you wanted?”

He could hear the nervous tremor in her voice and wanted to kick himself – and might have done so had it not been physically impossible in his current position. “Of course it’s what I want. But I didn’t want to come so soon”, he tried to sooth her even though getting the words out was much like ripping teeth; he was so embarrassed. He had wanted to bury himself inside her. Wanted to drown in her. Not come in his swimming trunks like a pubescent pimple.

“It doesn’t matter”, she consoled him as she began to stroke him through the dark material. “We have all night”.

“All night?”

“What’s the matter?” She taunted, “Not up to it?”

He raised an eyebrow at her and she bit her lip to keep herself from grinning.

“Are you trying to provoke me?”

“Maybe”, she shot him a coy look.

“Well, we will just have to see about that”, he said, taking both of her hands from where they were pleasurably massaging, kissing them both and placing them on his shoulders. It wasn’t that he didn’t like where they had been, but nothing was going to happen for a good ten minutes or so (considering how many times he had had to jerk off in the last week just to be around her) and that was more than enough time to make her come again.

“Teasing, provocative wife”, he growled as his mouth attacked hers, his hands hoisting her back over him, his arm them wrapping securely around her waist before his other slipping inside her panties. Chloe moaned, groaned, whimpered and screamed against his mouth as his impossibly skilled fingers stroked her intimate flesh, sneaking between the folders to find the numb of flesh which could bring her to climax every time.

Chloe thought that she might die at any second. It wasn’t possible to bare so much pleasure, the memories she had had of Lex had been nothing compared to the reality.

“Think that you can control yourself enough for a few seconds?” He whispered against her lips.

“Sure”, she wasn’t some kind of helpless … her hands flew to her mouth as Lex bent down and lapped at her breast. She would have ripped her bikini off completely, just to get the full sensation if she had been able to risk removing her hands from her mouth. They weren’t in their home now with a nice sound proofed bedroom, they were only a couple of hundred meters away from Lilly’s bedroom. They had to be quite or risk a visit from a very curious, grumpy and tired little girl.

Pleased to see that Chloe could, with a great deal of effort, control herself, Lex slipped a finger inside her pulsating channel.

Her head thrashed from side to side, tears trickling down her cheeks, as tension coiled within her. Lex inserted another finger, stretching her. She bit down on her knuckle. Then a third as his thumb circled her clit. She wasn’t going to make it, she was going to die at any moment. Just as she was thinking this, Lex’s arm moved; going up to her breast, pinching her nipple as he nipped the other, her full weight falling on his fingers as they curled within her, brushing against her g spot and his thumb circled her other sweet spot.

The tension which had been rapidly building within her suddenly broke. Her body jolted. Her eyelids snapped shut. And she saw fireworks.

Lex grinned with primitive pride, as he stroked her through her orgasm, trying to prolong it for as long as possible, relishing his power, the feeling of her in his arms and her warm heat enveloping him – even if not the part of his anatomy that he would have preferred.

Thank God Lilly was a heavy sleeper. Not even Chloe’s hands could silence the scream that ripped from deep within her.

Five minutes later, Lex carried Chloe’s boneless heap back to their bedroom and deposited her on the bed as they both wrapped themselves in towels.

“That was … wow”, she finally managed to form words.

“Yeah”, he agreed, crashing down next to her.

“And you didn’t even get any of the good bits”, she teased, rolling over to cuddle him. They would fuck again a little bit later, but for that moment cuddling was enough.

“Oh, I wouldn’t say that”, he willingly wrapped his arms around her.

“You’re sweet”.

“That isn’t what you will be saying later”, he promised her.

“You were always sweet”.

“This is not good for my reputation”.

She laughed and kissed his chin, the only place she could reach from where she was lying, and she didn’t have the energy to move, “Don’t worry, I’m the only one who knows and I won’t think any less of you … or your sex god ways”.

“That’s nice”.

“I’ve missed you so much”, she confessed, “In general, but also just the incredible sex”.

“Yeah, we were always good at that - or at least I was”, he teased her. He had to get her back for her unmanly way of describing him.

She poked him.

“Okay, you weren’t bad either”.

“Oh please, I was awesome”.

~*~

“Thank-you for making time to see me Mr Luthor, especially considering your well documented abhorrence of reporters”, a smooth female voice thanked him as she was shown into Lex’s office.

“Not all”, he closed the door behind them and showed her to a seat, giving her a practiced, urbane smile designed to make a woman’s knees go weak. He had a shock coming if he thought that he could get around her like that.

She sank into the chair indicated, opposite his, at the main desk. She smiled as he sat suavely behind his desk, the position of power.

“Exceptions, Miss Sullivan, can always be made. Especially, I might add, when dealing with the number one blog in Metropolis”.

“Flattery will get you absolutely no where”, she informed him in a pleasant, and only slightly flirtatious, voice.

“That’s not my experience”, he gave her a penetrating look and she had to force herself not to squirm in her chair, “but I will take your word for it”.

“Are we going to play games Mr Luthor or are you going to answer my questions?” She crossed her wrists over her note pad, indicating that she was ready to get down to business.

“Are you genuinely asking for my personal preference or …” He noted her expression and, with a sigh, lent back in his chair. “I suppose that it will have to be the interview”.

Chloe gave a nod. She put her tape recorder on the desk, gave it one last check and then said, “Would you please confirm for the record that I may record this interview?”

“I suppose so”.

“A ringing endorsement”, she muttered.

“What was that Miss Sullivan?”

“Nothing Mr Luthor, just clearing my throat”, she covered, trying not to squirm under the look he was giving her. “So”, she composed herself looking back down at her notes, “what finally made you say yes to this interview?”

“I was informed (very politely) that I had welshed on it long enough and that I needed to man up and do it. Especially considering the amount of money I have made recently on a certain nosey reporter’s advice”, he had in fact been rather touched that she had taken the time to do such a thorough job researching something which could be of no use to her, just to give him the edge on another company. Besides, he was powerless not to give in to her every whim.

“What do you have against reporters?”

“They make their living out of other people’s miser, misconstruing the truth and whipping people up into a frenzy about nothing”, he said honestly. He had promised to be completely honest, but still he stared at her, hoping that she wasn’t hurt.

“Not all of us, besides you have spun the media to your own advantage a few times, wouldn’t a good publicist be the better option than hatred?” She wondered.

“Possibly. It is just a personal disgust I have … with a few exceptions, of course”.

“Why?” She couldn’t help herself.

He fixed her with a look and the shutters came down over his eyes, “When I was twelve I was walking from one class to the other at boarding school and I was suddenly pounced on by a reporter (I have no idea how he even got in there) who asked me how I felt about my mother’s death. I didn’t know that she had died until then, I had thought that she was recovering”. His face betrayed no emotion and neither did his voice, and that told Chloe more than anything else ever could have. She knew that it had destroyed him.

“Oh Lex”, she gasped, ready to leap out of her seat and hold him, forgetting about their interview. She knew that he wouldn’t appreciate her sympathy but she couldn’t do this to him and needed to hold him and show him how much she loved him. Nothing was worth hurting him, not even the truth.

“Miss Sullivan”, he corrected her and she froze. His eyes were hard and told her clearly to stay where she was.

She swallowed and remained seated. “Well, you are known as being a very private man (normally) but I want to get to the bottom of you”. She tried to recapture some of her earlier arrogance.

“In only an hour?”

“If needs be”.

“Alright”, he smirked slightly, “Go ahead”.

She cleared her throat, never one to back down from a challenge. “How do you respond to accusations against your company?” She hadn’t got a response to that question last time either.

“Well, according to a recent article in the Inquisitor, they disappear in dark and mysterious circumstances, I believe that they were implying that I had something to do with it”.

“Did you?”

He smirked at her. “Not according to an anonymous blogger who appeared on the scene a few months ago. He or she argued very persuasively that actually the people in question had embezzled money and were living on a private island in the pacific”.

“And you believed him or her?”

“As they were found last week and I got the contract as a result, I have to say that I do”.

“Hmm”, she pretended to be making a note. “What are your plans for the company?”

“LexCorp will consolidate and expand”.

“How effusive”.

A huff of laughter escaped him. “Fine, how about this? I plan on building a strong base so that I won’t always have to work so hard and can plan for a very prosperous and secure future. Is that more along the lines of what you wanted to hear?”

“Maybe”.

Their eyes locked.

“If you mean it”.

“I promised not to lie”, he reminded her.

Her notes became extremely interesting once more. He smirked.

“Your view on the economy?”

“It’s going to the dogs”.

She nodded in agreement. Reading the newspaper was getting to be depressing.

“What would you like to see happening in our fair city?”

“Less corruption. There is more than enough money raised in taxes to do practically everything that needs to be done but it gets … redistributed”.

“You would stop that?”

“I’m already rich. I have no reason to skim the cream off the top”, he reminded her, although they both knew that she didn’t doubt him.

“Good”, she turned over the page, “Now for the interesting questions. Your private life”.

“My private life, Miss Sullivan, is private”, he fixed her with a warning looked. It was fierce and should have had her running for the hills, as it was she just wondered if someone had turned up the thermostat. She ran her fingers around the neck of her top, trying to get some air to her overheated flesh. He found his gaze following her fingers as they (apparently carelessly) traced the edge of her collar, then down casually over her breasts finally coming to rest on her smooth pale skin of her legs as she crossed them, her skirt rising just enough to give him a glimpse of creamy thigh.

“I know that that is your normal response, but I thought that you might make an exception, in my case”.

“You did, did you?” Impertinent little minx.

She apparently took this as him giving his permission, as the next words out of her mouth were, “Favourite colour? I’m starting you off easy”.

“Based on your attire, I would guess that you already knew that it was purple”, he perused her formal deep purple wrap around dress. Professional yet extremely sexy, especially when she leant forwards just that little too far and he glimpsed a hint of cleavage.

She studiously ignored him, and willed her cheeks to stop flushing. It didn’t work.

“Favourite book?”

“Just one?”

“Yes, and you can’t say The Art of War or something else that you found useful. It has to be your actual favourite. One that you are absolutely in love with”.

“Winnie The Pooh”.

Her head snapped up at that.

“It was the first book that I read all of the way through when I had just turned three”, he remembered it with an odd combination of joy, pride and sadness as he remembered how proud his mother and even father had been of him that day. The next day his father had given him a copy of the oxford English dictionary, saying that if he could read Winnie the Pooh it was time that he expanded his vocabulary.

Sensing that she probably shouldn’t ask any more on that particular subject, she moved on. “I always liked Piglet. Film?”

“Don’t have one”.

“Come on Lex”, she huffed.

He smirked, “I don’t, I like a lot of stuff, the only one I ever really really liked as Peter Pan and that was as a child. I thought that it would be cool to fly off to Never Never Land”. Again he stopped there and Chloe could imagine that it would have seemed amazing to a boy with Lionel as a father to fly off somewhere where you were actually allowed to be a kid.

She swallowed and tried to think of something to say, “But not with Wendy, right?”

“Of course not”, he huffed. “Wendy was no fun at all. What is the point of going off somewhere with no parents only to have a want to be mother spoiling all of your fun? Peter should have stayed with Tinker Bell”.

“That’s what I always thought! Wendy is a home wrecker and I bet that she wouldn’t have risked her life for Peter after he had been horrible to her like Tink did!”

“No”, he tried to hide his mirth, “probably not”. It was odd, as a child he had always wanted his own Tinker Bell and now he had one. He didn’t know why he had gone off the rails during his late teens and early twenties and thought that he wanted a Wendy.

She gave him a decidedly Tinker Bellish grin, “Historical period? And please say something more interesting than Alexander the Great”.

“I really wanted to meet Leonardo Da Vinci”, there was a boyish glint in his eyes, “I would have helped him build his helicopter. Can you imagine that? Meeting him? Getting to create things like that, I mean, I know that he never finished anything and never actually got to create things but that was because he didn’t have someone like me to help him”. That had been his favourite day dream as a child. When his own father was angry with him and had locked him in his room for hours on end without food, or water or human companionship so that he could “dedicate himself more fully to his studies” Lex had taken refuge in a world of make-believe. There, there was no domineering father, no knowledge that however hard he tried he would always be a failure, no sense of his ultimate unworthiness, unlovableness and doom. There, he was the apprentice of the smartest man in history, someone he could look up to and admire who had chosen him. Leonardo Da Vinci would have made a great mentor – in a purely paternal sense of course.

Chloe really wanted to hug him and kiss him all over. He was so cute when he got involved in designing or building something. It was such a shame that Lionel had never let him pursue his obvious talent. He could have got someone else to manage the family business. Lex was going to be a fantastic father. She could already picture him sprawled out on the rug with their little toddler playing with the building blocks trying to teach it to make a Cathedral. Not that she was thinking about things like that just yet.

“So, does that mean that your favourite country is Italy?”

“Probably”. Why hadn’t he taken her there yet? Chloe would love Italy. Especially the pasta and hot chocolate.

“Time of year?”

“Summer, holidays”.

“Art?”

“Leonardo again”.

“I might have guessed”, she rolled her eyes to disguise the affection in them. “What about food?”

“You know that it is steak”. He loved steak, he was always trying to convince her/slash remove when she wasn’t looking to eat it instead of burgers.

“Yes, I am aware of your ridiculous need for steak”, only the night before he had emptied her fridge of the budget burgers she had brought and replaced them with organic fillet mignon – threatening to tell her how burgers were made if she didn’t start eating properly. “Pizza toppings?”

“Traditional”. He really hated it when people messed about with his pizza. Whoever had thought of creating the Chicken Tikki pizza should be shot.

“Boring”, she muttered.

“Philistine”.

She resisted the urge to stick out her tongue, reminding herself that she was a serious journalist. “Favourite childhood toy?”

“Building blocks, Lego, Meccano and my toy castle”, he stated. “Anything you can build with”

“Papier mache?” She had loved that stuff as a kid, except for that time when she had somehow papered her hands together early in the morning when she had been using it unsupervised to make her Dad a surprise present. He had been quite surprised to be awoken by a sobbing Chloe with hands bound in grey goo.

“Never allowed it”, Lex shrugged and then observing Chloe’s appalled expression, elaborated, “too messy”.

Her hands gripped at her note book and she was half tempted to storm out of there and go and thrash Lionel to within an inch of his life, but that would mean leaving Lex alone.

“I’m sorry”.

He wasn’t having that. “Tapped already?” He challenged her.

“Not quite yet”, she assured him. She crossed her arms on her knee and leant forward, allowing him a fantastic view. The kind of view that would make most other men lose control of their faculties and do whatever she wanted. “How old were you when you lost your virginity?”

“Tapped was the wrong word, I see”, he smirked.

“Has anyone ever told you that for a very intelligent, articulate male you have the sense of humour of a fourteen year old boy?”

“Yes, one woman repeatedly so”, he settled back in his chair. It wasn’t his fault that the word tapped had become slang for fucked. Had he exploited the coincidence? Of course he had.

Chloe struggled not to blush as she remembered the last time she had told him that, he had been enjoying creating double entendres concerning the verb ‘to come’ whilst nestled between her legs. That had been a fun weekend.

“So”, he drew the word out, enjoying just how much he could make her squirm, “You wanted to know how old I was when I lost my virginity”.

“If you feel like telling me”, she added for the sake of politeness.

“Hmmm”, they both knew that he had absolutely no choice. He wondered if she had actually saved his ass just so that she could stipulate that she could have an interview and pepper him with questions. He wouldn’t put it passed her. Hell, he wouldn’t have put it passed her to manipulate the other companies into causing the crises to save him so that she could ask questions. Nosey minx that she was. “I was thirteen”.

“Thirteen”, she chocked.

“Yes, it is worryingly not an uncommon age at which to have sex for the first time”. That had been one of the things that he had wanted to tackle once he reached the senate – although he guessed that Jonathan (or rather Martha) would also do a good job of that too.

“I know but I thought that you were …” she searched for the right words, “you know, geeky and unattractive then”.

He laughed. “Thanks for the flattering description”.

She shrugged, “I’m sure that I would have found you adorable, anyway”. She had seen pictures from him at that age, he had looked so lost and lonely. She would probably have attached herself to his side in an attempt to cheer him up, but that would have effectively stopped him from ever becoming attracted to her.

“No, you wouldn’t”.

“Well, clearly someone did”.

“Chloe, my dear … Miss Sullivan”, he corrected himself, “prostitutes don’t tend to care about those sorts of things”.

“A prostitute?”

She wasn’t shocked that he had used one of those services over the years, it would be easy enough for a man like him to get company for the evening, the hard part was getting them to leave. It didn’t bother her too much in theory, she knew that he would never have used someone who had not been completely willing, however, she didn’t think that it could have been very fulfilling for him. He needed someone who was going to hold him at night, whether he liked it or not, and make him all hot and sweaty.

“Yes, does it bother you?” He tried to sound nonchalant, as if it didn’t actually bother him what she thought. As if she didn’t have the power to wound him.

“Not massively”, she paused. “Although where you found her, does concern me. And what made you decide to seek one out”.

He snorted. “I didn’t. It was my father’s idea”.

“I’m going to kill him”, Chloe was on her feet. She slammed her notebook closed, forgetting about her tape recorder. “I am going to beat the living daylights out of him and then rip his heart out of his chest and …”

“Not you’re not”, Lex said, leaping up and tearing around his desk to pull her into his arms. “You are going to stay right here with me”. He sat back down on her chair and pulling her with him so that she nestled in his lap.

“But he …”

“It’s alright baby, it’s alright”, he stroked his hands through her hair, trying to convince himself that he was merely amused by how much she obviously cared about him. Not touched.

“It’s not alright, how could he do that to you? You were only a little boy? Your mother couldn’t have been dead more than a year and your brother”, she looked heartbroken, “you needed kindness and love and affection not to be forced into the arms of some dirty, horrible whore”.

“She was quite nice actually”, he rubbed her back, “and not dirty, Dad would never have allowed that. He sent me off to an all-boys school and then are rather worried about the effect that that might have had on me (he hadn’t realised that the women in the comic books I liked where hotter than hell) so he got me a prostitute. Honestly, it wasn’t an emotionally traumatic experience. It was useful, you can get very good feedback from a professional”, he tried to joke.

“I still want to really hurt him at least”, Chloe buried her face into the side of his shoulder.

“I know”, he chuckled as he rubbed her back. “Come on, I’ll cheer you up by answering the rest of your questions. Are they all that intrusive?”

“Pretty much”, she didn’t object when he took her booklet and began to thumb through it.

“You know, I’m starting to believe that this was all just a rouse to get to have ‘the talk’ without being ‘that girl’”.

“If it were, would you mind?” Her voice was muffled by his shoulder.

“Whilst we both know that I find it damned near impossible to say no to you, if it were really important I’m sure that I would find a way”. He was, in fact, sure of no such thing.

“Sure you would”, she did not sound like she believed him. Lex settled for tickling her back slightly before returning his attention to her notebook.

“How many partners”, he read the next question off her list. This really was well thought out. “I am assuming with a mind as smutty as yours”, he gave her a nudge, which she returned, “that you are referring to sexual partners?”

“Of course, besides since when is my mind a negative?” She allowed her breath to tickle the soft flesh of her throat, “I thought that you like my ideas”.

“I do”, he assured her as the hand that had been nestling around her waist slipped a little lower. “Does it concern you?”

“That you have probably slept with a lot of other women?” At one time it had, she had never thought that he could want to be with her after so many, much more beautiful, talented, experienced women, but then he had wanted her and she had decided that he must know his own mind. “No, you chose me, right?”

“Right”, although in his mind it was the other way around. She had chosen him and then he had been powerless to resist.

“I’m just curious”, she shrugged, attempting to sound casual and failing miserable. She changed tactic, trying to be funny, “rounding off to the nearest thousand”, but he could see the real concern in her eyes.

“Less than a thousand”, he thought over the string of faceless women, “four hundred maybe. But only four of them were ever more than once. Victoria, Desiree, Helen and you”.

“Did you love any of them?”

“If you don’t know the answer to that, then you are not as smart was we both think you are”, he kissed her nose. It was the nearest that either of them had ever come to saying those three particularly special words. She grinned and kissed him and kissed him and kissed him. She probably would have continued indefinitely if Lex had not finally broken away, remembering that there were two questions left.

Chloe busied herself with his neck, nibbling on a particularly yummy tendon which she had discovered.

“What is your favourite position and have you ever done it in your office?” Lex read aloud, “Well, those are leading questions of ever I heard/read them”.

“Leading?” Chloe batted her eyes innocently at him, or at least that was what she meant to say and do. Seeing as she was a little preoccupied there was a chance that it had not come out that way.

He grinned wickedly at her before lopping his arm underneath her knees and standing up, lifting her with him to perch her on the edge of his desk.

“Any position which includes you”, he growled, “and yes. Now, what is my reward for answering all of whose questions?”

“What do you want?” She inquired, running her hands over the soft fabric of his shirt. “Something … I hope”.

“I feel like turning the tables”, he grinned wickedly down at her as he grasped her hands and pulled them from his front. He knew that she was far too skilled with her hands to allow them to roam over his body at will if he wanted to get any answers out of her. “I think that it is my turn to ask the questions”.

“That isn’t how an interview traditionally works”, she pouted.

“Traditionally you don’t blackmail people into giving your interviews”.

“Shows how little you know”, a combination of impertinence and blackmail was how she got the vast majority of her interviews (and quite a few of her stories). “Besides, I didn’t blackmail you. I just pointed out that I saved your ass and you welshed on my last one”.

“I saved your life”, he reminded her.

“Plus, I gave you the best advice in your career”. That should count for something.

“True”, there was no arguing with that, “but, I made you scream my name only last night”.

“So?”

“I just thought that it deserved to be mentioned”. In his (not so) humble opinion, it should be mentioned (and repeated) as often as possible.

Chloe rolled her eyes.

“Come on Chloe, fair’s fair”.

“But …”

“Fair”, he reminded her with a kiss, “is fair”.

“Fine, ask your questions but then I want sex and lots of it. Quite possibly on this desk”.

He smirked. “You can count on it”.

Lex decided to be ‘fair’ as he thought of it, and ask her only those questions which she had asked him. It didn’t take as long, as he already knew most of the answers, and the only one that really mattered was the one about love. He waited anxiously as Chloe pretended to think carefully about her answer – he might have known that she would take the opportunity to tease him.

“If you don’t know that then you are not as smart as you think you are”.

“That’s not fair”.

“Yes it is”.

“No, it’s not. Tell me properly”.

“Make me”.

Lex draped her back over the desk and did his very best to do so. The office rang with the sounds of wood creaking, skin slapping together and harsh breathing and grunting. He had her arched back on the hard wood, her hands clawing at the polished surface for purchase, her legs bent over his shoulders stretching her wider than she had thought she could go, her head thrown back in ecstasy, her mouth hanging open. Lex pounded into her, desperate to make her scream. She did. With considerable vigour. His name. But not the words he longed to hear.

A few hours later Chloe was straightening her clothes and collecting her affects.

Lex brushed his hands down his shirt, smoothing out the worst of the wrinkles, as he walked her to the door.

“Thank-you for your time, Mr Luthor”.

“Any time, Miss Sullivan. Do you have any more questions?”

“Not at the present time, but I might ring you later … say tonight?” She used her practiced seductive look, the one where she peered up at him through her long, mascaraed eyelashes, “If I think of any”.

“I’m always at your disposal”.

“Good”, she broke out of character for a second, to give him a kiss on the cheek, “I really do appreciate your taking the time out to talk with me on Thanksgiving.”

“Think nothing of it”, he couldn’t resist giving her a brief hug before she left.

~*~

Chloe crept through the mansion later that day anxious to find her Lex. She had been at the Kents with her father that afternoon for Thanksgiving and couldn’t help but feel guilty that Lex wasn’t there. She wanted him to be, but she knew that that wasn’t a possibility. Not when their relationship was still supposed to be a secret. But that was no reason why he couldn’t come to her house for dessert. Gabe wouldn’t mind. In fact, he would probably insist upon it.

She snuck all of the way through the mansion until she spied him through a slightly open door. She should have known, silly bugger, he was working. It was a good job that she had distracted him that morning otherwise he would have had a terrible holiday.

“So nice of you to make time to come all of the way to Smallville Dad, to what do I owe the pleasure of this visit?”

“Well, you are my only son”, Lionel said looking around the office as he always did.

“Legitimate one possibly”, Lex didn’t take his eyes off his sire.

Lionel ignored that.

“Just trying to see if you are running my company into the ground”.

“LexCorp isn’t yours Dad and LuthorCorp is doing fine. But you know that from the board meetings, don’t you?” He said with a smirk. He knew just how furious it made his father that he now attended those meetings as a charity case with no power and had to watch everyone bow down before his son. It was a shrewd plan from Lex’s perspective not merely because it humiliated him on a daily basis but also because a man with something (even a very little) to lose, was far less likely to attempt to betray him than someone who could sink no further.

Lionel snarled, 5% it was ridiculous. He had created that company. He had killed for that company.

“Beware son, when you turn your back on your family, things have a way of coming back to haunt you”, he delivered this threat whilst studying a vase before turning to leave.

Chloe swallowed and pushed her back against the wall, making sure that he wouldn’t see her as he stalked out of there. There were good reasons why they weren’t letting anyone know about their relationship. It could destroy them both. She waited outside the room, for a few seconds, debating whether or not to go in but then turned her back. It was just one holiday. She was being overly emotional. It didn’t matter.

Half an hour later Lex smiled as he received an email, “Just to let you know that you were missed … and that we are having apple pie at exactly 3pm at the Sullivan family residence. Your attendance is mandatory”.

A/N: So, two chapters in one day. That means that I expect reviews!

storie girl Senior Member starmoon's Avatar

great update love it please keep going I can't wait for more.

NS Full Member

Lionel is such a bastard. I can't believe that Lex and Lionel is getting along in the presents and Lionel is a doting grandfather to Lilly. I wonder what happen that makes Lionel change?

NS Senior Member Senior Member malugargula's Avatar

Hiiiii I'm back
    Hopefully my Chlollie obsession is gone and I'll be able to handle all the ships at the same time lol
    That's an amazing fic. Love Chlex family and that both granddaddies are so sneaky and funny
    And a horse called NO? Only a Chlex child would do that lol
    Malu

Malugargula: Hello! There you are, I was getting worried. Are there even any good Chollie fics, I mean, as good as Chlex. Is there a Zannie or BlueSabby of Chollie?

Glad that you like it. Yes, she called him no accidentally.

Trckyrcky: Yes, he is. I will give you a clue, it was very very painful.

Starmoon: Yay, nice to see that you are reading.

Chapter Twenty-Two

“Okay, I’ll agree that you are pretty damned good”, Lex said as they cuddled on the large double bed in Chloe’s hotel room.

“Pretty damned good? I was very damned good”, she bragged, nuzzling his neck softly – as she didn’t have the energy at that moment to do anything more -, “and so angelic”.

He let out a huff of laughter as he squeezed the soft flesh of her ass, pulling her even closer, “Fantastic and the sweetest person I have ever known … but hardly angelic. In fact”, he just about had the energy to turn his head and give her a little pat, “I seem to remember more than one occasion of extreme naughtiness”.

Chloe adopted her most innocent expression, “I have no such recollection”.

“Lying, I believe would also count as naughtiness”, it was just a shame that neither of them had enough energy to do anything about it at present.

~*~

The lift came to the top of the LexCorp building and Chloe’s hand shot out to hit the emergency stop button just before the carriage came to a halt, preventing it from making the pinging noise which was both annoying and disastrous if one was on a secret mission. Carefully she typed in the override number which allowed her to open the doors manually and silently, just enough to poke her head through it.

Her face split into a wide grin. Her rouse had worked; Lex’s secretary had left on a wild goose chase leaving Chloe’s path clear. She almost giggled with delight. She was a genius. Getting in had been beyond easy as all of the security personnel knew that she was allowed free reign of the place – even though they did not know what her relationship to Lex was -, her lift trick had worked like a charm, and the only fly in the ointment Natalie the Nosey - as Chloe had taken to calling her last week, earning her a laugh and accompanying swat from Lex – had fallen for her ploy as well.

Anxious not to push her luck, she flew across the deserted waiting room and punched in the code to Lex’s office which she now knew by heart and she was in.

“Well, that was easy”, she decided as she strolled around the large expansive room. It was a luxury to be able to take her time spying and really relish the entire process instead of running all over the place and she was determined to enjoy herself. She moseyed over to stand by the window placing her hands on the cool glass and leaning against it to get the best view out over the city and down directly onto the pavement below. There was blessedly no sign of Lex’s car yet. He would be in the limo today.

With a sigh of relief, she took in the prospect. She had always loved the view of Metropolis; the feeling of power that it gave one was almost heady. With a little giggle she sauntered into the en suite to check her reflection in the full length mirror therein, it was unfortunate that so often the necessities of spying played havoc with one’s appearance. Apparently her (not entirely necessary) dash across Lex’s deserted waiting room hadn’t caused too much damage and after having brushed a few stray hairs back into place, she was satisfied with her looks and sauntered back out into the office to sit behind Lex’s desk.

Chloe availed herself of the irresistible opportunity to swivel around in Lex’s chair a few times before pulling herself under the desk properly and taking in the view. She studied everything from the sleek sitting area to the piece of modern artwork which she knew hid a separate room full of files, as if she owned the place getting a glimpse of Lex’s perspective. It did make her feel oddly powerful. She smirked and wondered if she came off as intimidating as Lex did. Somehow she doubted it.

She reached out and ran her fingers across the cool surface of his desk. He had a very nice, large, neat, glass desk. It wasn’t to her taste but she could tell that it must have been a very expensive piece – although probably not from Lex’s perspective. The shape and perfection of the glass structure was highlighted by its owner’s methodical approach to everything, including the placement of his possessions. Everything was tidy and in its place with nothing conspicuous lying around.

There were only a few items on the surface, the only ornamental one being a picture in a sleek platinum frame which sat facing Lex (or rather her at that moment). It must have been a recent addition as she hadn’t noticed it before. She considered the image for a moment, with a soft smile flittering about her lips. It was an extremely beautiful photo of her which she hadn’t even known that he had taken, when they were at the mansion, outside lying on a picnic blanket. She looked radiant and so in love.

It almost made her change her mind about what she was about to do … almost. Then she considered that it was actually a good job that she had decided to break in and spy on him, otherwise she would never have discovered her photo sitting there grinning at him all day long. Besides, it wasn’t as if she were really doing anything wrong. Lex had after all only been angry about her acquiring information and spying on people from other companies as they might hurt her. He had never (specifically) said anything about not spying on him.

It was with a wicked grin that she leant forwards and appropriated the only Luthor ‘document’ on the table and turned it over in her fingers. This was going to be fun.

She was just debating sitting back and putting her feet up on the table, just because she could, when she heard Lex’s voice.

“Natalie, why is my office door unlocked?”

“I don’t know Mr Luthor, Sir. I have only just got back”. Lex must have been fixing her with one of his patented truth demanding looks as she explained in a rush, “They got a note for me downstairs. They said that I had to go and deal with it now. I don’t know what happened to your office”.

“I pay you, among other things, to know what happens to my office”, he reminded her.

“Yes Sir”, she didn’t know the combination, only Lex did and one other person.

That other person was currently sitting in her boyfriend’s chair, enjoying hearing Natalie the Nosey getting in trouble for once. Maybe that would teach her to keep her mind on her work and off her Lex. There was no excuse for the way that she dressed; Natalie’s ‘work clothes’ were almost as tight and short as the dress that Chloe was wearing herself. Disgraceful.

“I had better not find anything amiss”, Lex warned, thinking that this was rather an odd thing to say as he had just come up to find his door unlocked. He had good security though and he had no idea how a thief would even had entered to start with. Not sure what he was going to find, his hand went for his inner pocket – where he always carried his gun – and the other for the door.

Chloe jumped to her feet, thrust both hands (and the slip of paper) behind her back and adopted what she hoped was an innocent expression.

“Chloe”, he should have known. He eased his grasp on his gun and closed the door after him, locking it from the inside. “To what do I owe the pleasure?” He hadn’t been expecting to see her today and never in his office without him, she always waited in his apartment.

“Oh, no reason”, she start unconvincingly, “I just missed you so much that I couldn’t bear another minute away from you”.

He let out a huff of laughter. He believed that she missed him, possibly almost as much as he always missed her when she was away, but not her act.

“It is a good job that you are an investigative journalist Chloe – or at least, you will be after graduation – because you suck as an actress”.

“I do not”, she huffed indignantly.

“Don’t try to distract me by an “are too”, “am not” style debate”, he said calmly as he walked over to where she was standing, next to his desk.

She gave him a challenging look, as there didn’t seem to be much point in denying it as he could apparently see right through her.

“I saw what you were doing”.

“What I was doing?” She blinked.

“No, defiantly not an actress”, he smirked, “What are you really doing here Chloe?”

“Oh, nothing”.

He raised an eyebrow. “Care to elaborate?”

“Not really”, she twisted her arms behind her back and slipped the paper into the waist band of her skirt, she slipped the note inside the band of her skirt, hopefully without him noticing.

Lex could read her like a book.

He reached forwards across the desk and hit the intercom, “Natalie”, he spoke to his secretary, “I will be dealing with a security matter of the upmost importance; let anyone disturb me on pain of death”.

“Yes, Mr Luthor Sir”.

Chloe swallowed as the call ended and he fixed her with a penetrating stare. “I take company security very seriously Chloe”.

“I know that”.

“And I believe that you have taken something from me”.

She adopted her innocent expression once more. Apparently she needed to find a new one as this one wasn’t working for her.

“Hand it over”.

“I don’t know what you are talking about Lex”, she tried again. She studied his expression intently and was certain that she saw the glimmer of a smile.

“Hand it over Chloe”, he moved forward so that he was looming over her, his warm breath sending shivers down her spine, “or I will be forced to search you”.

“Well then, I guess that that is why what you are going to have to do, most reluctantly, I’m sure”.

He smirked at that and grasped her hands, leading her out into the centre of the room. He examined her appearance with considerable interest: she was dressed for seduction rather than espionage. Her dark top and skirt combination hugged her curves deliciously and her heels made her legs look as if they went on forever. He barely resisted the urge to lick his lips as he unfastened the pins which held her bun in place, discarding them on his desk before running his fingers through her long silken tresses drawing a throaty moan from his beloved.

His hands continued down her swan like neck, then over her slim shoulders and smoothing them down her arms to stroke her hands.

“Nothing so far”, he commented as if he were really just trying to frisk her.

“Cheeky bastard”.

He smirked, as he continued his hands finding her plump breasts, kneading them through the cloth, “Not hiding any concealed weapons, are you?” He teased.

“Nu uh”, she shook her head with a whimper, then changed her mind, “actually, why don’t you keep searching?”

He laughed at her and ran his thumbs across her nipples before moving him warm palms down across her stomach and then around to squeeze her behind. It took all of Chloe’s self-control not to throw herself on him. He continued to stroke and caress her until he came across what she was hiding. It was almost as if he had known where it was all along.

“Look what we have here”, he tutted, plucking the piece of paper from her waist band and placing it down on his desk, blank side up, without looking at it. “How do you explain that?” Without giving her the chance to explain anything (not that she could have) he decided, “If only I could be sure that this was all. Unfortunately, I can’t be. I think a strip search, just to be on the safe side”.

“Lex”, she gasped, not sounding in the slightest dismayed by the notion.

“Can you do it yourself or do you need my help?” He enquired as he wrapped his hands loosely around her waist.

She grinned at him. With a considerable amount of fondling and petting from Lex – just to make sure that there was nothing concealed anywhere, of course – she was standing naked in the middle of the room as Lex made his way over to the sofa and sat back, very well pleased with what he had accomplishment so far. She really was the most gorgeous creature that he had ever seen.

“Care to explain to me why you had one of my documents concealed on your person Chloe? Or why you were in my office?”

“Not really”.

“Chloe”.

“Fine”, she added a roll of her eyes, for dramatic effect, “I spied on you, but you only said that I wasn’t to do dangerous things. You aren’t dangerous”.

“I’m not?” He fixed her with a look which made her squirm.

“No”, she taunted, “you’re a big teddy bear”.

“I’m not sure whether to be flattered or angry at that”, he smiled at her, unable to maintain the pretence of annoyance. “But I have to disagree, I like to think that I am very dangerous and I believe that I have made my feelings on you getting into trouble perfectly clear”.

“That if you catch me doing something dangerous again you are doing to spank me?” She licked her lips, “Yes, I believe that you did”.

“And yet here I find you”.

“Here you find me”, she agreed, grinning from ear to ear. Damn it, she was supposed to be looking contrite. She would have to try harder.

“You know, espionage is extremely dangerous business”, his voice was low and husky, a smirk touching his lips as he watched Chloe’s tights clenching together.

“Yes”, she agreed in a sweet sing songy voice, “or at least it would be if the company weren’t owned by my delightful, delicious, delectable, darling, dear boyfriend”, she said as she advanced on him and stroked the side of his face.

He stroked his hand over hers gently, “True, we both know that I’m not going to send you to prison or worse”.

She grinned down at him.

“However”, he grasped her wrists.

“Didn’t anyone ever tell you not to start a sentence with a conjunction?” She couldn’t resist taunting him.

“However”, he stressed the word and gave her wrists a gentle but authoritative tug, “it would hardly be a wise business move for me to allow you to just walk out of here with important business information unchastened and clearly wholly unrepentant”.

“Probably not”, she agreed, “but I would appreciate it none the less”. She would appreciate a good deal of things considering the way that he was looking at her. She tried to keep her hips from undulating at the thought.

He raised an eyebrow at her again, “Would you now? But answer me this, Miss Sullivan”, he placed her hands on his shoulders and placed his hands on her hips, “would you let you just walk out of here, if you were me?”

She batted her eye lashes at him and in a honeyed voice proclaimed, “Of course I would”.

He laughed. A rich, warm sound which reverberated around the room.

“You know, we are really going to have to do something about that lying tongue of yours”, he patted her behind ominously.

“What are you going to do about it?” She taunted as she allowed herself to be pulled into his lap, straddling him so that they were nose to nose.

He shook his head, silly smile on his face.

“Incorrigible”. He nipped her ear.

“Possibly”, she allowed.

“Probably”, he counted, kissing her cheek.

“Definitely”, she relented.

“Absolutely!”

His hand slapped against her bare flesh.

“Oh”, she gasped and braced her hands against his shoulders as she craned around to see his hot, red hand print glowed against her pale flesh.

Lex grazed his fingers across the mark proprietarily.

“Meanie”, she complained as she turned back to him and nuzzled his neck, moaning against his flesh as he spanked her again.

“You asked for it”, he squeezed her.

“No sh… oh, oh, ah, Lex”, she whimpered as a barrage of stinging swats rained down against her bare flesh, putting on a good show of a suitably punished woman in spite of the fact that he was barely patting her.

Her nails travelled down his chest, through the thin fabric of his shirt, knocking his tie to the side.

“Behave yourself or I’ll tie you up”, he threatened , groaning as the images crowded his already lust filled mind.

“What kind of deterrent is that?” She wondered as her hands clawed at his shirt, trying to rip it open so that she could devour more of his warm, smooth, salty skin.

“Chloe”, his voice held an edge of warning.

“Sorry”, she said, without so much of a trace of repentance in her seductive purr. Deciding that that amounted to lying he slapped her ass again and was pleased to note the way that she lowered herself to grind against his erection.

“I should hope so”.

She looked up at him through her lashes, “I’m really, really sorry, get out of these clothes and I’ll prove it to you”.

“Well, I suppose”, he decided as she rubbed herself against him again, “that you have been punished enough so”. He managed to perform a set of movements which Chloe was fairly certain must have been meteor powdered, contorting himself into weird and wonderful shapes to discard his jacket, tie and shirt in under three seconds.

“Good boy”, she settled herself on top of him, her wet entrance leaving marks against his trousers as she began to rock back and forth. She was in charge now and she wanted him to know it.

“Don’t get too sure of yourself”, he warned her as he placed his hands on her breasts and massaged them firmly, causing her to arch her back and whimper.

“But …”

He pinched her nipples.

“Oh fuck yes”, she whimpered before trying to remember her previous train of thought.

“Don’t swear”, he warned her, reluctantly releasing her breasts to pat her bottom, only to grip hold of them again and massage them firmly. Poor breasts, no need for them to be neglected just because of Chloe’s wicked tongue.

“Lex”, she pleaded, “I … I … I can’t remember what I was going to say”.

He laughed. She was incredibly sensitive everywhere but especially her breasts. She could never think straight once he got his hands on them, which worked out well because he could never think straight when they were out of their cloth confines let alone in his hands.

“I believe, my naughty darling, that you were about to give me some claptrap about you being the one in charge here and being unrepentant for your misconduct”, he squeezed her milky orbs as he thrust up against her.

She ground herself against him, the fiction almost enough to send her over the top. She could probably come like that but she was afraid that he might as well, judging from the colour of his face, and then she would be denied the ride she really wanted.

“Oh yeah”, she dragged her nails down his chest and reluctantly sat back a bit, although she continued to try to ride his thigh as she grappled with his belt. “I’m in charge and I’m taking off your belt now and then I am going to ride you hard and fast and listen to you beg me as you ah ah oh fuck yes”.

Lex had unbuckled his belt, pushed his trousers and down to his knees to reveal a decided lack of underwear, and delicious large and extremely hard cock. Which he promptly rammed into her, holding her roughly by the hips, too lost in the sensations to even remember to castigate her for use of foul language whilst being punished.

“Fuck baby so tight”.

“Yeah, all for you. All for you”.

“It had fucking well better be”, she was his. All his.

They rocked together, hard and fast until Lex thought that he was about to explode. He wasn’t going to make it without cheating. He slipped his hand between them and Chloe almost screamed the place down. She came. Hard. Her walls squeezing him to hard that he thought that he would break in two when he came.

After a few more muttered grunts and expletives, they collapsed together on the side on the sofa, panting and sweating terribly.

“God that was good”, Chloe groaned, keeping him inside her for as long as possible even as he softened.

“I’ll say”. He held her bedraggled form close to him, not caring for anything but the feel of her. He didn’t know when it had happened, when he had gone from the man who racked up notched on a bedpost to a snuggler. Oh well, at least his cock still worked so he couldn’t have become a woman completely.

They stayed like that for far too long. Finally dragging themselves up and over to the en suite bathroom to clean up, get dirty again and then squeaky clean. Chloe waked back in, naked but for a towel, and looked around for her clothes.

“What do you want for dinner?” Lex asked, as he watched her with interest, also wearing nothing but a towel.

“I’m don’t mind, Italian? Wait, am I staying?” It was a week night; she never stayed on a weeknight. She didn’t even normally see him on a weeknight.

“Aren’t you?” He seemed surprised.

“Sure, why not”, she smiled, she could use some more time with Lex. She could always use more time with Lex.

“Good”, he said smiling to himself. “What was your article going to be about?” He inquired.

“My article?” Her mind wasn’t functioning properly, still in the pleasant post-sex haze.

“Yes, your article”, Lex strolled over to the desk and picked up the slip of paper she had stolen. It as a post-it and it as blank on both sides.

“Oh, that”, she shrugged, “there was no article”.

He raised an eyebrow. “Care to repeat that?”

“Whatever made you think that there was an article or that I was in any kind of trouble?” She inquired, “I never said any such thing. I was just passing by and thought that I would borrow a post-it”. With that she got dressed and headed for the door, feeling smug. Honestly, Lex’s paranoia was getting a little out of control.

She was almost at the door, so she didn’t see the wicked smile which spread across his features as he bridge the gap between them and braced his hands on either side of the door, cutting off her escape.

“What are you doing?” She wondered, spinning around and finding herself pinned against the door.

“Rethinking my policy”, he studied her expression. She looked interested, flushed and hot. “You know that my stance is to be very tough on crime”, he explained, even though they had been through that together so she already knew his views – and had helped him write some of them.

“What did you have in mind? Setting an example?” Her breath caught in her throat as he pushed her hips back against the door. She felt herself getting wet again, she loved it when he unleashed his inner caveman.

“Oh yes”, moved to that their noses were touching, “I think that I am going to start with giving you a thorough tongue lashing, then a spanking followed by a good, hard f … round of discipline”, he caught himself at the last second.

“Hard discipline?” That was the best synonym for fuck he could come up with which fit in with their game.

“Oh yes, very hard. Across my desk I think … unless you have any better ideas”.

“No, that sounds like a pretty good to me”, she whimpered as she felt something very hard against her hip, “You know, I think that with ideas like this, you are definitely going to become senator”.

“Damned straight”, he announced as he hauled her up over his shoulder and carried her back over to his desk upon which he placed her, ripped her clothes off, and warned her to keep her hands on the desk and away from her own flesh until he told her.

He left her only long enough to grab a cushion on the floor to protect his knees before he went to work. Chloe tried her best to keep quiet, that was what you were supposed to do under torture, but she only managed a few seconds before her hips were rocking against him and she was panting. Then moaning. Then keening. Then outright begging. She could feel the warm hum of Lex’s laughter against her intimate flesh, sending a particularly delicious tremors of pleasure right to her core. He was brilliant.

She was overly heated, panting, sweating and ungainly but she didn’t care as he finally sucked on her clit and she came with a scream. He was definitely the most brilliant man alive. If he didn’t become president then there was something wrong with the world.

“That was”, she panted, leaning back on her elbows as he came up wiping his mouth and chin from her juices and taking a sip from one of the bottles of water he always kept on his desk. “That was …” She tried again.

“Just the beginning”, he supplied, placing the cushion on the desk and flipping her over so that her hips were high. He leant forwards over him, nuzzling her ear and whispering to her about how gorgeous she was, how perfect and absolutely his.

He trailed his hands back over her sooth skin until he reached the still pale globes. “So perfect”, he muttered again, before patting them gently. She wriggled, not at all displeased by the sensation.

“I know that you like to play games Chloe”, he enjoyed them himself, “and that you are independent but I’m serious that I will spank you properly if you ever put yourself needlessly in danger”.

“I know”, she craned her neck to look at him. She knew how much he cared about her and she wouldn’t cause him to worry if she could possibly help it, and if she did … she would make sure she hid it really really well.

“Good”, he said as he began to spank her gently taking time to massage the flesh in between swats, occasionally allowing his fingers to slip lower teasing her sensitive opening. When her skin took on the vaguest hint of a blush he stopped, although she was still moaning his name. He wasn’t going to risk actually causing her a second’s pain or even discomfort. He loved her far too much for that, and prayed that she would never put herself in danger so that he would never be forced to punish her or lose her.

She was sopping wet and begging for him by the time that he let her up only to work out that over the desk wouldn’t actually work as a method of love making unless they both wanted to cause themselves permentant back pain. Neither would against the window. It was Chloe who finally solved the problem by slipping out of his reach and getting onto the floor on all floors.

“What’s the matter Lex, too old and rickety to get down on the floor?” She looked back over her shoulder at him, teasingly as she transferred her weight onto one hand to stroke herself with the other.

Lex let out a pained groan at the sight, she was temptation itself. “At least get onto the rug so that you don’t hurt yourself”, he said barely giving her time to do so before he was on top of her, inside her, fucking her senseless as he reminded her that he got to tie her up if she touched herself … which she just had.

They screwed each other into oblivion before falling into a deep sleep on the rung, tangled in each other’s arms. When they woke up they spent the afternoon together and that night he did indeed tie her up to tease her and make love to her tenderly over and over again until they were both sated. That night he breathed the words she had so longed to her to her, just as she was drifting off to sleep.

“I love you”.

~*~

Lex and Chloe lay in each other’s arms, on top of the bed clothes, still in their bathing suites and towels, fast asleep. Both too exhausted to do more than sleep and dream of each other. The actual sex would have to saved until the following evening.

A/N: The first time that the L-word was used. So, what do you think?

NS Senior Member Senior Member malugargula's Avatar

Thanks God it's a really cold night today because, damn, that was really hot lol
    Amazing chapter, thanks for sharing
    Love how the L word was used

There are amazing Chlollie fics to read. And some good Chlean around there too.
    I've been shipping them really hard (chlollie) then I found 4 brazilian friends just as obsessed as me and we ended up starting fanpages and fantwitters to both JH and AM lol

But Chlex will always be my first passion no matter what
    Malu

NS Full Member

great chapter can't wait to see what happen nexted. yeah the love word was used.

Cbrunberg: Thank-you. Yeah, they love each other.

Malugargula: He he Thank-you. Really? I didn't know that. Good to know that you are first and foremost a Chlexer.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information