+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: The Mistake (R/NC-17 start ch 14)

Spunky Chick Senior Member hfce's Avatar

Re: The Mistake (R/NC-17 start ch 14) updated 8/15/07

That was a great update. I loved it.
    "Everyone seems normal until you get to know them. "

a month is toooooooooooooo long. Lex should make a surprise visit

An Accused Heretic Senior Member Kit Merlot's Avatar

This was just lovely!

The smutty moments were both sweet and sexy--excellent work
    KATHY

"Don't quote me to me!" Detective Danny "Danno" WIlliams, Hawaii Five-0, episode 1.8 Mana'o

"This could barely fill up Thumbelina!" SALIGIA by westwingwolf

My Fanfic Master List

My livejournal: An Accused Heretic

Dealing w/ a Ship Change Senior Member

A/N - To answer a couple of the posts that said why do they have to wait a month, I was trying to be logical (unlike the show). Metropolis and SV are supposed to be 3 hours a part. I just don't see Chloe dashing off in the middle of what would be Mid-Terms at college in the time line just where she can hang out with Lex. I never understood how Lana even passed her freshman semester if she was always in SV. Anyhoo, Lex, of course, is busy with Julian. Be prepared, I couldn't leave Lana or Clark out of this.

A/N 2 - PLease, Please review....thanks to my faithful

This Can’t Be for Real – Chapter 16

Five weeks later, Chloe sat in front of her computer at the Daily Planet and stared at the cursor. She had the small folder that Lex gave her sitting in her lap, already having read what he allowed in the article and what he didn’t. He even had included a picture but only of the back of Julian’s head. But it was unmistakably his child, at least in color because red hair was in fact, unique.

She promised her editor the story of the decade, the one that would get her out of the basement forever, but she didn’t know if she could write it.

The two of them had not been able to see each other for five weeks. School, work, and a baby seem to cause problems in getting together. Still, the late night phone conversations were fulfilling. After having relied on listening to Lana and Clark moan or cry about their problems or each other, she finally had someone to bounce story ideas and school papers off of. He always talked about something that Julian had done differently that day. It felt like a good solid relationship. He had actually expressed the night before that it was nice to finally be in what he considered a normal relationship, knowing that Chloe wasn’t out for anything. Still, the article ate at her as well as he did continually asking when she was going to write it.

“Hi,” she heard. Jumping unexpectedly, she looked up from the monitor and saw his face. She immediately lit up.

“Hey.” She wasn’t sure of his interest in being intimate in public so she stayed seated as he pulled a chair up to her desk.

“How’s the article coming?” He gestured at her lap with the folder sitting open with no notes made, an obvious sign she was rethinking her issue. Pulling something out of jacket, he laid another picture on the folder. “It’s a little newer; Carmen took it.”

Chloe looked at it in her lap. The picture was just Lex and back profile of Julian; her two men. Chloe shook her head and tried to concentrate. “I don’t know; I just feel weird, like I shouldn’t do this. I would have absolutely no problem putting down on paper something amiss at one of your plants but,”

“You have a personal stake in this and don’t want any of us to get hurt from what you write.” He looked around the room and put his hand on Chloe’s. “Write it; let me worry about the rest of the details.”

He let go of her hand and looked around the room again, slyly. “Lex,” she turned and started to protest but ended up with his lips to hers lightly and quickly.

He picked up an errant pen and a Post It as she recovered from the public display. Someone could have seen the two of them, and he seemed to not to care. She bit her lip and looked at the picture again. Tapping her on the shoulder, he pushed the chair back and pointed at her screen. “Bye.”

Pulling the Post It off her computer, she smiled. ‘I love you…call me later, after you write it.’ Looking up, she watched the elevator door close just as he slipped between the two doors. Looking at the keys she took a deep breath and started typing.

Two Days Later –

Martha and Jonathon sat down at the kitchen table for breakfast when Clark blew into the house at an unusually high speed. They looked at him; he looked as if someone had found out his secret. He paced in the kitchen, talking to himself. “I know she didn’t care for him all that much but why would she, the Daily Planet, stoop as low to this. He’s going to rip her apart. I have to talk to her.”

Jonathon stepped in front of Clark going out the back door and signaled for Clark to hand over the paper. Unfolding it, he read it and threw it on the table. “Clark, have a seat.”

“Dad,”

“Clark, sit down.” He looked at his parents and followed their directions. Jonathon sat next to him and read the article. It explained in full detail the unfortunate circumstances that led to daddy Luthor. Chloe had covered everything with his permission of course, leaving out the small details of his reason for the meeting and courtship to the unnamed mother. He wanted it that way. He had allowed the paternity results and the very general picture of him holding a baby.

“Dad, Chloe wouldn’t.”

“Clark, Chloe didn’t make up any of this.” Jonathon and Martha waited for the words to sink in.

Looking at his parents, he had to hear himself say it. “Lex is a father?”

Martha placed her hands on her sons. “And he’s a very good one at that.” Clark looked at his mom and dad in astonishment.

“Clark, he asked us not to tell you until he was ready, and we obliged. Now, before you start, we have all kept secrets, we know that more than anyone, and this was Lex’s secret to keep.” Jonathon walked over and placed his hands on his son’s shoulders. “Don’t be too hard on him and don’t push for details. I know you and he have grown apart over the last year, but you need trust us.”

Clark turned and looked at his dad. “How do you know? He hasn’t been that civil to us in I don’t know how long. He’s never around the Talon anymore; he doesn’t talk to us at all. The only person that he seemed remotely interested in was Chloe.” Jonathon saw the glint in his son’s eye and pulled him back.

“Clark, reign it in. Do not go jump on your friend because of her promise to Lex to keep you clear of the situation. He is a good father and will not be his dad.”

“How do you know? You haven’t seen what he could be capable of.”

Martha walked up and held one of his arms, “We do know what he’s capable of. Before and after the baby came into his life.” Clark stared at his mother. “He came to us for help honey. He’s read every parenting book your father loaned him. We go over and check with him twice a week during deliveries. He comes out here with Julian when you are at class where he can discuss things that worry him. Clark, he’s much of a good dad as your father has been to you.”

Clark paced the living room, again looking at his father, hoping that he would say his mother was being affected by some strange lying meteor effect. “She’s telling the truth. In fact, his visit is today. Stick around if you can; I think it might be a good time to reacquaint you with Lex.” Clark stared at him again. “I know, but I have to believe this time that he’s really trying.”

Chloe trudged into her dorm room and plopped on the bed. She was tired and desperately needed some rest after her morning. When the article hit the front page of the Daily Planet, everyone had quickly become her best friend. They asked the craziest questions, even wondering if she had hid a pregnancy from the public. She just shook her head and tried to answer no comment until she wished it was just written on her forehead. Closing her eyes, she fell into a sleep that was near intoxicating.

“Chloe, come look,” he said as he gently grabbed her arm as she passed him in the hallway. She leaned around the corner of the doorway and saw her husband pointing at the two little ones that balled up on the floor and slept. They each picked one up and put them to bed. “Come on.” He took her hand and walked her out into the hallway.

As the two headed for the office, a little red headed boy ran down the hall almost out his father’s grip. “Shhh. Your sister and brother are asleep. Get a book and come into the office.”

“Dad,” he whined.

“Listen to your father; get a book and join us. He has some work, but we can work on your reading.” The little boy started down the hall and rolled his eyes. “Julian, your eyes.”

Julian turned around and apologized before heading to his room. Lex put his arm around her and walked her into the office. “I never tried anything like that with my father.”

“Lex, you were afraid of your father. Julian loves you and he’s just testing us.” She laughed as Lex sat down at his desk. She leaned back on the couch and watched him start typing on that reliable laptop and twirled the ring on her finger. She smiled as she watched him twist the platinum band on his hand as he read whatever was on the computer.

“Chloe?” She looked at Julian and wondered why he was calling her Chloe. “Chloe?”

“Chloe?” She stirred and saw Lana leaning over her. That dream was getting good. Me married to Lex and twins. Yeah, right.

“Lana, what’s going on?” Lana threw the paper into Chloe’s lap.

“Lana, I’m very tired. I have had everyone and their brother bothering me about this article. Look, everything I am going to tell is in that article. If you want more information, go ask Clark’s parents or even Lex. Just let me rest.” Chloe flopped back on the bed and flipped on the TV, which was now splashed with her article and other rumors in relation to the mystery baby.

“Chloe, I’m not trying to fish for more details. Well, I am, but is Lex ok? I mean if you have all this information you obviously have known about it for awhile.” Chloe sat up and muted the television. She looked at Lana and knew where it was going. She was getting curious and in her ‘need to help’ pose. “Maybe I’ll just go and see him.”

Chloe got up and grabbed Lana by the arm. “Uh, he’s really busy learning to balance family and work. I think he just needs some time. It’s really none of your business.” Lana looked at Chloe and tried to process the information.

Backing up and sitting on her bed, Lana twisted up her face. “When you weren’t here a month ago; did you go see your dad?”

Chloe could feel the inquisition coming. Lana looked at her again and waited for the response. “Ok fine. I was at Lex’s. We played house, we showered together, we made hot passionate love, and I’m pregnant with his second child!” Chloe picked up her purse and walked out the door.

Lana stood in the middle of the dorm room and gasped. Looking down at the floor, she rolled her eyes and picked up something that fell out of Chloe’s purse. ‘I love you…call me later, after you write it.’ Lana knew from her past business dealing with Lex that was definitely his handwriting. She picked up the phone and dialed a number.

“Clark. It’s Lana. You will never believe what I found out today,” she squealed into the phone.

“Lana, I can read the newspaper. I was going to talk to him but my parents assure me that everything is fine with him and his son. Evidently he had been confiding in them for awhile now.”

“But I have something else. I tried to talk to Chloe about it and she made up some weird excuse to not talk to me – something about passionate love and pregnant and left. I thought she was bluffing but she dropped this note in Lex’s handwriting. It says he loves her. You think?”

Clark stopped and looked out the window as a car pulled up. His father and mother met the car and shook hands with Lex as he pulled a baby out of the back seat. He had never seen Lex drive a four door, and everything seemed a bit off. “Clark?”

“Lana, I gotta call you back. I’ll work on that information for you.” He hung up the phone and walked out on the porch. “Lex,” he offered his hand to his once and hopefully future friend. “I guess condolences and congrats are in order.”

Lex walked through the open door that Clark held and sat Julian down in the living room before removing his own jacket. “Just congrats. I’m sorry I couldn’t let you know about him earlier but things were testy at the time.”

Martha took Julian and carried him out on the porch as Jonathon followed her. Lex looked out the window and as the three disappeared into the barn. He knew the routine; he usually shared some fatherly advice with Jonathon while Martha toured the barn and let Julian pet the animals. Lex could have bought him a zoo but felt this was better since these were his only grandparents that would stay in touch.

“Lex, so how is it really going?”

“Fine. I have a wonderful nanny that has been a great help in addition to your parents. And Chloe has been a life saver.” Lex dropped the last line in an almost happy tone, as if to rub in the fact of he and Chloe being together. Clark sat across from Lex, who looked strangely comfortable in his older thin sweaters from when he first arrived in Smallville.

“Chloe?” Clark thought about what Lana had just told him on the phone and wondered how accurate her information was.

“Yeah. I kind of asked her to help me out when I was looking for the mother. I hate to say my indiscretions led to us having to narrow it down. Anyway, she was there at the mansion helping me with the investigation and Julian wailed. Needless to say, her reporter instinct picked that one up fairly quickly. Oh, and I didn’t mean for her to jump down your throat at the Planet. I was still in need of you staying out of the picture and she just thought quickly on her feet.”

“So, she’s just helping you?” Clark asked suspiciously. He knew that Lex could lie to anyone and had to him on more than one occasion. “Lex. Lana called and said she found this note that fell out of Chloe’s purse and then Chloe said something to her and she’s worried.”

Lex looked at him and knew the note that he was talking about. Sighing, he walked over and watched as Martha carried Julian around to pet the cows. “It’s none of your or Lana’s concern.”

“Lex.” Clark was not comfortable with Lex drawing Chloe into his web again.

Lex turned around and looked at Clark. “I know we aren’t that close anymore. In fact, I predict you wouldn’t consider us anything more than acquaintances now, but Clark, as a friend to her if not me, please don’t push Chloe for information. She’s been having a rough time with all of this; she knew the publicity she would get and doesn’t need her two friends barreling down on her.” Lex and Clark stared at each other intently. The longest conversation they had had in a long time, and the most meaningful. Clark just didn’t want Chloe to be hurt again; he had done enough of that to her.

“Lex, I’m asking you.”

“You don’t want to think I’m lying to you? Then let whatever concern you have for me, Chloe, or Julian go. It’s not warranted.” He took his once friend by the shoulders. “Look, for the first time in my lifetime, I am genuinely happy. Please.” Lex didn’t finish the statement but hoped Clark was content with the answer. He picked up his coat and car seat and met the Kents outside.

Clark watched as the Mercedes pulled out of the driveway at a normal speed and dialed Lana. “Hey, it’s Clark. I talked to Lex. He didn’t say much, but he dropped the word happy in the conversation. I think we should just let it go at that.”

“Clark, she said she was pregnant. She visited him a month ago and now she’s really tired and moody. Chloe’s broke big stories before without this reaction – we should be concerned.”

“Chloe’s a big girl and Lex said to let it go. My parents did too. When they’re ready to involve us, we’ll be there.” Clark heard her try to argue with him but he talked her down. Hanging up the phone, he looked back at the picture on the front page and noticed something that he had not seen in a long time, Lex’s smile.

TBC

NS Senior Member Senior Member

Clark and Lana need to learn to back off, well Lana does since Clark seems to be letting go. She also needs to learn the fine art of sarcasm, at least be able to detect it. Though if Chloe turns out to be pregnant, it will get her closer to her dream.

I loved that Lex came to visit her at the DP and couldn't resist giving her a quick kiss and the note. I'm glad that she had reservations about the article and he was the one to assure her that it would be okay.

NS Senior Member Senior Member lj715's Avatar

Another excellent chapter. I love the little note Lex wrote to Chloe. Clark & Lana are infuriating but @ least Clark has a little bit of good sense. Can't wait for more.

An Accused Heretic Senior Member Kit Merlot's Avatar

Re: The Mistake (R/NC-17 start ch 14) updated 8/16/07

Great update!

I loved the Kents reaction to Clark's flipping out. They can see what a great father Lex is, and good for Clark for realizing that Lex and Chloe's relationship is their own business.

And what is Lana's deal anyway? She can't understand that Lex is interested in Chloe romantically? Does she think that little of her frined?

Can't wait for more,
    KATHY

"Don't quote me to me!" Detective Danny "Danno" WIlliams, Hawaii Five-0, episode 1.8 Mana'o

"This could barely fill up Thumbelina!" SALIGIA by westwingwolf

My Fanfic Master List

My livejournal: An Accused Heretic

Great bunch of updates. This is such a sweet and lovely story. It’s like warm cocoa on a winter’s day (in which there were *no* limo accidents!).

Lex was floored. “Yeah, are you sure you want to do this?” He was watching her and couldn’t believe how he felt. He had always hoped to see a woman other than his servants in his presence doing work but never imagined this. He had tried with Helen, with Desiree, even with Victoria, but they were not anywhere near domestic. He smiled down at Julian as he finished the bottle. Whispering to him, he grinned even bigger, “Look, there’s your future mommy.”

“What?” She turned around and looked at him.

That was such a beautiful moment. Not only is he already declaring Chloe the future mommy, but he’s sharing the tender moment with Julian. *sigh* Lex is so adorable with his son. It’s good to see that he’s made something wonderful come from all of Lionel’s mistakes.

Pushing the door open slightly, he watched her. He knew in the back of his mind that what he was doing was so wrong. Walking away from the door, he changed into his nightclothes and snuck into the bathroom. Sitting on the same step as Chloe did the night before, he watched silently as she laid in the bath with her eyes closed.

“Oh God!” Chloe covered her mouth in shock as she saw Lex gazing at her.

Yay! VoyeurLex is one of my vary favorites.

“Lex.” Covering her mouth with his, he gently brought his body down onto hers, sliding his legs in between hers and balancing on his arms. Sliding his hands across the sheets, he felt her legs wrap around him as she wrapped her arms around his neck. Pulling him further down to her, she whispered, “Make love to me like you want me forever.”

I absolutely adored this last line. It was wonderful and passionate, but still gave insight into all of those insecurities that Chloe carries deep down. Excellent writing.

“Whoa! Still attached!” Lex pulled her now slightly smirking face to face him.

ROTFLMAO! That made me think of someone driving off with the gasp pump still in their tank. lol

Chloe looked at it in her lap. The picture was just Lex and back profile of Julian; her two men. Chloe shook her head and tried to concentrate. “I don’t know; I just feel weird, like I shouldn’t do this. I would have absolutely no problem putting down on paper something amiss at one of your plants but,”

“You have a personal stake in this and don’t want any of us to get hurt from what you write.” He looked around the room and put his hand on Chloe’s. “Write it; let me worry about the rest of the details.”

I love that Chloe is so worried about Lex and Julian. Sure, she’s a driven reporter, but she’s shown, time and again, that she’ll lose the story if it means good people would suffer needlessly.

Julian turned around and apologized before heading to his room. Lex put his arm around her and walked her into the office. “I never tried anything like that with my father.”

LMAO Oh yeah, I can just imagined how that would have been handled in Lionel’s household – every time there’s an eye roll a puppy dies.

Wonderful work. And I’m not sure where you got the idea that your smut is problematic because I thought it was fantastic. It was warm and tender and loving and hot all at the same time. I think that it perfectly captured the atmosphere of genuine love and romance that has been the tone you’ve set throughout this story.

Lovely and I can’t wait for more.

~Sarah~

Dealing w/ a Ship Change Senior Member

A/N - Getting close to the end, but I love the Lana problem. SMUT that's NC-17 in the next chapter, so there's the warning

Beginning of a Perfect Weekend – Chapter 17

Lex arrived at the penthouse in Metropolis with Julian late Friday night. As expected the press had been camped out in front of the mansion, Luthorcorp Plaza, and the plant in Smallville looking to snap the first picture of Julian’s face. He had to sneak out of his own home in plain clothes and in Gabe Sullivan’s car.

During a meeting earlier in the week, he and Gabe had discussed the future of the plant. He was setting up for an owner takeover of the plant, with Lex overseeing minor issues but putting Gabe in charge. He assured Chloe it had nothing to do with her but just would free up some time for him and Julian with one less thing on his plate. She thought it was admirable that he would think about that. Gabe, of course, obliged.

Gabe had not expected the second part of the discussion. Lex almost seemed nervous. He fidgeted in his seat and tapped the pen on the table nervously. Then Lex explained about him and Chloe, the truth. He watched Gabe’s myriad of expressions and emotions as Lex explained how their relationship had taken several unexpected turns in recent weeks.

After the very personal and private meeting, Lex left the office satisfied with the conversation and hoped that Gabe was able to play the fool for just a little longer. Gabe, on the other hand, sat bewildered at what he had agreed to.

“Chloe Sullivan.” Chloe rested the phone on her shoulder as she continued to type. Amazing what a little byline with a major name will do for a career. She had not gotten any studying done for the week on account of moving her personals to a new desk on the main floor. She was a different person there; she was important. She knew that her move only was because of Lex’s article, but it was something that she had written and not something he just paid for. She was proud of that fact.

“Miss Sullivan, if you wouldn’t mind dropping by the Plaza tonight, I would like to discuss some subjects with you.” She somewhat smiled knowing the vagueness of the statement from the man on the other line was just to hide what he likely wanted to say and what she really wanted to hear.

“I will be right on that story tonight.” She smiled as she hung up the phone and stared back at her computer. She was trying desperately to get out of the building but work kept mounting. The newsroom had been buzzing ever since the announcement and her boss had hoped for a follow-up but understood that Lex had been more than forthcoming about his situation. She looked at the screen and saved her present article. It could wait until that night was over. Shutting her computer off, she looked up and saw Lana in front of her.

“Lana? What’s wrong?” Chloe stood up and started clearing items off her desk.

Lana stared at her friend, concentrating on her color and looking her up and down. “I’m just concerned. You seemed very on edge the last couple days and said some things that I was worried about. Lex told Clark not to pry, but you’re my friend.” Chloe sat back down as Lana pulled a chair up and placed a hand on hers.

Chloe thought back to what she had told Lana and covered her mouth in surprise. “Oh my God.”

“You said you and Lex had – and you you’re – Chloe, I’m here for you.” Lana reached in and wrapped her arms around Chloe. Chloe returned the hug bewilered at what Lana said. Dropping her jaw, she smirked and bit her lip in amusement. She thought it was true and better yet had told Clark. This was classic, but a little disturbing she had let something like that out. She usually was more poised in her judo.

“Lana, we’re going to be fine. Lex is a wonderful father and we’re happy with each other.” Chloe picked up her purse and straightened out her coat over her stomach, watching Lana’s eyes focus there uncomfortably. “Come on and walk me out, I have to go meet Lex.” Chloe and Lana walked out together, but Lana was speechless.

Arriving at the penthouse, she presented herself to the desk clerk, and he ushered her upstairs. Closing the elevator door behind her, she heard the doorknob turn and heard gurgles from the other side of the door. As the door opened, the most incredible looking man in her world was holding the cutest baby in the world. “Hey,” he said as he leaned over to kiss her.

Chloe dropped her bag near the door, knowing that she could move it later. “I got your text message since our last phone call. How’s he doing?” She looked at Julian; he was flush and a bit warm for her comfort level.

“I’ve done everything that the books suggested; the Tylenol experience was one I was hoping would not come up. But eventually he did take it. He’s just so warm; there’s a doctor on the way.” Chloe pulled Julian out of Lex’s arms.

“Lex, go change. I can’t imagine he’s very comfortable rubbing against your suit. I’ll be ok.” Lex kissed the top of Julian’s head and left toward the bedroom. Chloe wet the small washcloth that Lex had been carrying and patted down Julian’s face. “What’s wrong with you little guy?” She continued to pat him down and wipe the drool that was increasing from his mouth. Lex watched from the bedroom; she was incredible with Julian. He felt his heart swell up seeing her nuzzle Julian into her chest and talk to him.

Chloe laid him down in the playpen and hoped Julian chewing on the washcloth would at least cause him to rub the washcloth across his face occasionally. Lex came out of the bedroom and looked at him. “He just seems to get more flushed.” Wrapping his arm around Chloe, he squeezed her almost uncomfortably. Rarely had Lex been so close to someone ill. He had seen the Kents ill numerous times as well as Lana and Chloe but never his own blood except for his father’s liver ailment. His father didn’t count though.

Pulling him away from the playpen, Chloe sat him on the couch. “It’s going to be ok. You’ll see; the doctor will tell you not to worry about anything. Lex,” she pulled his face to look at her, “it’s going to be fine. Now, I’m going to get changed because I’m tired of heels and then hopefully the doctor will be here by then.” Chloe kissed Lex, took her bag, and disappeared into the bedroom. She heard the doorbell and knew that hopefully Lex’s worries would be quelled soon.

She listened at the cracked door as Julian cried around the doctor. She could see Lex coaxing Julian to stop crying by bouncing him slightly and humming to him. She exhaled and bit her lip to keep the tears back. He was the perfect dad; nothing anyone would have expected out of Lex Luthor. She watched the doctor check over Julian and curiously watch Julian’s actions. Having no time to change, she came out into the living room and greeted the doctor.

“This is Dr. Trager. He’s the best pediatrician in Metropolis. So?”

“Lex, you have nothing to worry about. Take your finger and rub it along the bottom of Julian’s gum.” Chloe smiled and giggled; she knew now and almost felt stupid not able to pick up on it, but she wasn’t a mom, at least not yet.

“There’s a…” He looked at the doctor and at Chloe, who shook her head. “Tooth?”

“Yes Sir, it seems that babies start teething somewhere between 3 and 6 months for their first one. The low grade fever is normal and you did the right thing giving him Tylenol. Just let him continue biting on something hard plastic, like a teething ring and eventually, after about a year, hopefully the worst of this will be over. Otherwise, he is perfectly healthy; just keep up with his shots and he’ll be fine.”

She watched Lex breath a sigh of relief and play with Julian to relax his mind. “Thank you Dr. Trager, we’ll be in touch.” Chloe let the doctor out and turned back around. Lex sat on the couch and cooed at Julian. Chloe listened and heard a small sound. Lex looked at her and then slowly said Julian’s name again. In return he got a brief grunt and a finger poking him in the face.

“He’s trying to talk,” Lex looked at Chloe and melted at her smile. He watched his son’s expression and put him in the baby seat next to the couch. Chloe came and sat next to him and watched.

“He looks upset but he’s blowing bubbles.” Chloe took Lex’s hand in hers and balanced it on his knee.

“I know what he’s doing, and it’s not going to be pretty.” Chloe grimaced and laughed.

“Yeah, daddy can take that one.” She leaned over and kissed Lex on the neck. Lex took her from behind the head and pulled her to him. Lightly running his tongue over her lips, she let him slip his tongue further into her mouth, thus sending a warm pulse through her body as she returned the kiss. She heard Lex’s pleasant groan become frustration at Julian’s crying. Patting him on the leg, she giggled “Daddy, you’re needed.”

She got up and started into the bedroom. “And mommy can slip into something more,” he answered as she walked away. Chloe stopped in the middle of the room and looked at Lex. He replayed the words in his head and gasped. “Chloe, I’m sorry; it was a slip.” Chloe walked over to him, running her fingers along Julian’s arm.

Looking up at him, she smiled. She pulled his hand down off of his mouth. She felt butterflies and tried not give away how she felt, but he didn’t know the dream she had about them. “Well, when daddy gets Julian taken care of and put down, mommy will be in the bedroom…waiting…for…you,” she whispered as she continued to run her fingers over Lex’s chest and arms. She walked away and shut the door behind her. Lex took a deep breath and tried to contain himself.

While changing Julian and putting him down, Lex couldn’t ignore the words that flowed from her lips. She had called herself mommy. Is she playing the game with me or does she really have feelings that deep? He had visions of her while she held Julian imagining he was hers. The dream the night before had caused him to wake up in a cold sweat, still grasping the sheet where her hand was that he held while she was in labor.

Chloe changed into a forest green silk nightgown and nodded at herself in the mirror. He had called her mommy. She hoped that he wasn’t kidding about the slip of the tongue. She would find out soon enough. She pulled the sheets back on the bed and crawled in. She suddenly felt that everything was right. It was automatic that she climbed into his bed and brought clothes to accent her curves. Two months ago she barely talked to the man and now she was in love with him, in his bed, and imagining a life with him.

She watched the door open and saw Lex had taken care of her first task by undoing his shirt. After shutting the door, he crossed the room and crawled across the bed. “Mommy?”

“Lex,” she tried to squeeze her words out in between her groans of Lex kissing her down her neck. Then she panicked. She had heard him say I love you to her, but calling her mommy again was taking another very giant leap. She suddenly couldn’t feel his kisses on her neck, just uncertainty and worry about a relationship that was taking a quick and confusing turn. Chloe placed both hands on his chest and pushed him back. Lex sat up and looked at her. “Lex, I know that we were kind of joking about that earlier, but I guess it really makes me uncomfortable the more I hear it.”

Chloe crawled off the bed and walked across the room. Lex closed his eyes and rubbed his forehead. “Chloe, you gave the impression that –“

“I know, and I thought I would be ok with it. I guess I got caught up in all of it and then realized that he’s your son, not mine.” Chloe looked in the mirror, her bottom lip quivering. She covered her mouth and could feel tears well up in her eyes. She turned around to see Lex climbing off the bed. “No,” she waved for him to halt and left the bedroom.

Lex followed her and tried to reach her before hearing the lock on the bathroom door click. Lex sat down on the couch in the living room and groaned in frustration. He leaned over and dug out a sheet of paper from his briefcase and stared at them, rethinking his move concerning her. Shoving it back in his case, he went and sat next to the bathroom door. “Chloe,” he almost pleaded. “Let’s talk; I’m sorry.”

He heard the door click and saw it open slightly. She pulled the door open with her foot and looked at him, her mascara running down her face. He felt his heart ache seeing her cry. “I’m sorry; I didn’t mean to freak you out. It’s just he’s not my son, and I feel way too attached to all of this.” Lex started to speak as she covered his mouth. “I have been through all kind of emotions these past months. I went from barely speaking to you to falling in love with you. I spent a day with you and watched as another woman almost took you away from – oh my God.” Chloe slammed the door, and Lex heard her vomit. Opening the door, he pulled a washcloth down, wet it, and sat down next to her.

“Honey?” Chloe looked up Lex and cried. “Tell me.” Lex wrapped another cool washcloth around her neck and pulled her into his embrace. She buried her face in chest and moaned.

“I can’t.” Lex held her tighter. His mind was spinning. He didn’t have any answers for her, for himself. He stuck his foot in his mouth for the first time in a long time, and it was terrible timing.

Pulling her back from him, he gazed at her as he wiped her tears. “Chloe, talk to me. You said that Catherine almost what?”

She buried her head into his chest again. He could feel the wet tears sting against his chest and bit his lip to keep from tearing up himself. “I loved you,” she muffled. Lex tilted his head to kiss hers and thought he heard her but wasn’t sure.

“I love you too; you know that. So, why the sudden theatrics?” Chloe pushed up from his chest and gazed at him. His comment was reassuring.

“She almost took you away from me.” Lex turned his head in confusion. He watched Chloe look around the bathroom searching for the right words to explain herself. “I have loved you long before you called me about Julian. I was a stupid high school student that had traded one crush for another one. At the time, I pretty sure that I had a better chance at actually getting Clark’s attention than yours, so I decided to hide both of them. You were just easier to avoid, especially after I got back from hiding. Your ignoring me helped. But then after you told me you were in love with me, I started having these dreams about … us … all of this. Then when you called me mommy I just panicked.”

Lex took her tighter in his arms and kissed her hair. Settling his head on hers, he could only come up with, “Chloe.” He pulled her back and wiped her face. “You’re not the only one that felt like that. And believe me; every time I hear the word daddy, it scares the hell out of me. I can’t imagine when he starts saying it to me.” He saw Chloe giggle through her tears as she wiped her face. Lifting her head up to see her, he asked, “Are we ok now?”

Chloe nodded and wrapped her arms around him, kissing him lightly on the cheek. She rinsed with mouthwash and kissed him rightly. He returned the kiss and scooped her up in his arms. Walking through the bedroom, he laid her down on the bed. Wiping the rest of tears from her face, he slid his hand up her gown and started massaging her breast. He kissed her again as she let out a small whimper.

Rolling his head back, he cursed. “Go get him,” Chloe remarked to the crying coming from the next room.

“I’ll be back,” he smiled as he pulled the bedroom door to. Chloe lay on the bed and looked around the room. The penthouse bedroom was pristine, and she again could not believe she was actually there. And she had told Lex that she loved him long before he ever knew. She admitted everything and still he wanted her. She fell back into her thoughts of Lex and their argument, talk, whatever he would call it.

“Chloe honey?” Lex walked over and rubbed his hand along her body, now curled up and sleeping. Julian just had to be fed one more time. He pulled the covers over her and crawled in beside her.

“Mmmm, Lex? We can … “she murmured. Lex folded his arms tighter around her and breathed in her ear.

“Go back to sleep; we’ve got all weekend.” Lex closed his eyes and breathed in her scent again before dreaming of her.

TBC - NC-17 Chapter next....NO KIDDIES!

NS Senior Member Senior Member

Re: The Mistake (R/NC-17 start ch 14) updated 8/17/07

So you got away with giving Julian a mild fever, but nothing more than that should happen again. No family outings in the limo. I've got to find a way to make it stop raining in Texas.

Loved Lex's little slip but it did get a little creepy when he said when he entered the bedroom. Maybe they should take things a little slower but I don't know if that will be possible now that it seems that the joke to Lana may not have been a lie.

I wonder what Lex has planned and how Gabe will be helpful.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information