+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Ricochet (R, Oneshot, Season 5/6)

Ricochet (R, Oneshot, Season 5/6)

Hi, everyone! Miss me?

Just back with a wee oneshot for you all to enjoy whilst I work on the sequel to Orchestrato. Hope you like it!

Title: Ricochet
    Author: BabyDee
    Pairing: Chlex
    Rating: R (some sexual content; reader discretion is advised
    Timeline: Season 5/6-ish
    Disclaimer: All characters belong to the CW & DC comics.
    Summary: Mutual attraction can only be denied for so long

Written for malugargula in the secretchlex gift exchange, who incidentally made the amazingly awesome banner for it. Many thanks, Mala!

Ricochet

Ricochet: The deflection of an object or projectile rebounding off of an unintended surface, causing an unexpected reaction.

“I shouldn’t be here.”

Even as she said the words, she knew she was fooling herself. Her heart thumped in anticipation as his nimble fingers slowly released the buttons on her crisply-ironed shirt one by one, the light raspy sound amplified in the semi-darkness of the supply cupboard.

“No-one’s making you stay, Chloe,” he whispered, his breath warm against her ear. “You can leave anytime you want.”

His lips found hers and heat flared within her as he hitched her leg over his hip, her skirt bunching up around her waist. The steely length of his erection pressed against her thigh, and her treacherous body all but melted as he pushed her underwear aside and gently pressed into her.

She was ready for him. Truth be told, she’d been aching for his touch all morning, and he knew it.

“God, why am I doing this?” she wondered aloud.

“Because you want me,” he rasped. “Because deep down in that ever-logical, pretty little head of yours, you know that I’m not the manipulative menace that you make me out to be.” His hips flexed and he drove forward, sliding smoothly into her body. Chloe moaned loudly, the irrepressible yearning for him escalating as he made love to her.

“Yes,” he murmured. “You want me. I want you equally as much, if not more so. Is that so wrong?”

He altered the rhythm of his hips, driving her need even higher, making her gasp and tremble and almost sob with the intensity of his intimate touch.

“We could be so good together, Chloe,” he continued temptingly. “Heck, we already are.”

His thumb grazed her nipple and she choked back a scream as he teased the taut tip between his thumb and forefinger, making her insides sizzle.

“Come for me,” he whispered against her lips, his stormy eyes boring into hers. He grasped her hips and pounded into her in short, shallow thrusts that took her breath away. All around them the well-stocked shelves shook and rattled with every nudge. Out of the corner of her eye, a jar of innocuous-looking yellow pencils inched closer and closer to the edge of a shelf just as her own need spiralled higher and higher and suddenly exploded, flooding her senses with ecstasy. There was a bump and a clatter as the jar hit the floor, sending the yellow pencils rolling across the floor in different directions. Deep inside, she felt him stiffen and pulse as he found his own release, her name on his lips in a guttural growl.

Gradually the room quietened, broken only by the harsh sound of their breathing. As she got her breath back, other sounds became more apparent; the occasional footsteps down the hall; the generic, mellow tinkle of desk phones ringing nearby, and the general hum and buzz of sounds of the busy press office just beyond the supply room door.

The intrusion of reality seemed to jolt her out of her post-orgasmic haze. Resolutely she untwined her arms from around his neck and dislodged her ankle from around his waist, blushing slightly as they intimately disengaged. Her blush deepened as he silently handed her a handkerchief which she used to blot away the dampness from her intimate area. More than once she’d ended up with embarrassing stains on her skirt after a mid-day tryst in the cupboard that she’d had to creatively explain away. She thought she’d have learned by now to carry her own handkerchiefs, but no; each time she’d insisted to herself and to him that this time would be the last, declared that she wouldn’t fuel her obsession.

Each time, she’d proven herself wrong.

“This doesn’t happen again,” she said tightly.

He chuckled gently. “You said that the last time. And the time before that, and the time before that…”

“I mean it this time.”

“Like you meant it all those other times?” he questioned. “Like the first time?”

“Hey, just because you kissed me –”

We kissed,” he corrected. “There’s a difference.”

She blushed. “Fine. We shared a kiss at the hospital, but we both know why.”

“It’s been six months since my near death experience, Chloe,” he said gently. “Are you still clinging to that excuse?”

“You took a bullet for me, Lex,” she said desperately. “I thought you were going to die.”

“So you kissed me because you felt sorry for me?”

“No, I was…” she sighed and ran a hand through her hair. “I was grateful; grateful and honoured that you would sacrifice yourself for me.”

“Gratitude?” he echoed in amusement as he fastened her blouse buttons. “Is that what you’re calling this now? A ‘Thank You’ screw?”

“No!”

“Then what?”

She thought wildly. “We shared a mutually vulnerable moment,” she admitted. “But that’s all it was.”

“We’ve shared more than that since then,” he murmured silkily, squeezing her pliant rear as he straightened her skirt. “A lot more.”

She pursed her lips. “Fine, I admit that, too; but that doesn’t mean I’ve changed mind about you or altered my views on your business practices,” she warned. “I’m still in opposition to your taking over the Daily Planet, and I will fight against it.”

He smiled. “I wouldn’t expect any less of you. I admire your steely determination, Chloe, but you’re fighting a losing battle on so many levels, and you know it.”

“We’ll see about that.” She walked towards the door, stepping carefully around the scattered yellow pencils.

“Chloe?”

She paused and turned, her palm around the door handle. “What, Lex?”

His steely eyes flashed in the dim light. “You’re lying to yourself. This goes way beyond gratitude and honour, and you know it. This is going to happen again, and again, and it’ll go on happening until you admit what you really feel inside.”

Chloe swallowed and straightened, then took a deep breath.

“I’ll admit that I want you,” she said honestly. “But I don’t know if I’ll ever be able to trust you, Lex. That’s why this can’t go on.”

“Then take your blinders off, and I’ll show you the real me if you really want get to know me,” he offered. “Until then… same time tomorrow?”

She ignored him and stepped out into the hall, schooling her expression and trying to look as inconspicuous as possible as she made her way back to her office and turned her computer on. She stared at the screen, but her thoughts were far from the words on the document in front of her. Instead, her mind played back the events of that fateful afternoon six months ago, still as crystal clear in her head as though it were yesterday.

The entire staff of the Daily Planet had been invited to a Question & Answer session with potential new investor-owners of the company, one of which was Luthorcorp with Lex at the helm. Chloe had made it clear that she opposed what she saw as an intrusion on the freedom of the press, and an attempt by Luthorcorp to manipulate the paper to its advantage at a time when Lex had made his intentions clear about embarking on a political career.

One minute, the session was in full swing; the next, the building had been suddenly stormed by armed terrorists. Knowing that they had a local billionaire as a hostage, along with several city bankers and investors, their list of demands had been long, and threats to the lives of the sixty-two hostages had been very real.

Chloe had foolishly tried to disarm one of the guards, only her grand plan backfired horribly and she’d suddenly found herself staring down the barrel of a gun. She’d squeezed her eyes shut and prepared herself for death, but when the gun went off it took a few moments for her to realise she was unhurt. When she saw Lex bleeding out on the floor at her feet, she’d suddenly realised why.

As soon as the police and realised a hostage had been shot, they swung into action. Special Forces gained access to the building and managed to free all hostages without further serious injury or bloodshed, and the terrorists had been defeated. Lex, unfortunately, had suffered a near-fatal injury and wasn’t expected to live through the night.

He’d been put in a medically induced coma to allow his body a chance to stabilise. Chloe had stayed by his side every second of every day, refusing to give up on him.

Her dedication and faith in miracles paid off. When Lex finally opened his eyes a week later, hers were the first he’d seen. The next few weeks saw them growing closer and bonding as he convalesced, until the burgeoning attraction culminated in a passionate kiss. That should have been the end of it; only it turned out to be a beginning. The attraction continued to grow until physical intimacy was only a matter of time.

Just once, she’d promised herself that first time they’d gotten together. She’d allow herself one indiscretion with Lex, and go on her merry way. Judging by his history, chances were that Lex wouldn’t be interested in seeing her again, either.

Only the opposite had happened. He’d wanted more of her, and she couldn’t get enough of him. Lex’s touch was like a potent drug, and she was an addict, craving him day and night. Oh, she tried to stay away from him, but all he had to do was glance at her and she would go weak at the knees, succumbing to the passion that he so potently aroused in her.

Chloe shook her head and tried once again to focus on her work, but it was no use.

Lex Luthor was a man who got what he wanted, always. She could fight and rally against him with every fibre of her being, but deep down inside, she knew how this would end.

The Daily Planet would be his.

And so would she.

The End.
    Last edited by BabyDee; 22nd March 2015 at 22:24.
    "I make my own destiny."

Re: Ricochet (R, Oneshot, Season 5/6)

I love this story so much, Dee! Glad you are cross-posting to other sites too so other Chlexers can read it too!

Also super excited for Orchestrato sequel!

NS Senior Member Senior Member HotCrossedBunny's Avatar

Love this and love everything you write! My proper review was on LJ but this deserves another hug. Are you ready? *huggles*

Quote Originally Posted by phillydragonldy View Post
    I love this story so much, Dee! Glad you are cross-posting to other sites too so other Chlexers can read it too!
    Oh, always. I maintain that there can never be too much Chlex appreciation in the world, and I plan to do all I can to make that happen!

Thanks for commenting, glad you liked it!
    "I make my own destiny."

Quote Originally Posted by HotCrossedBunny View Post
    Love this and love everything you write! My proper review was on LJ but this deserves another hug. Are you ready? *huggles*
    Oh, I love me some huggles, I do! *smishes you tight*

Thanks so much for your comments, I really appreciate it!
    "I make my own destiny."

NS Senior Member Senior Member HotCrossedBunny's Avatar

*squishy huggles*

That was nice.

You're welcome.

NS Senior Member Senior Member malugargula's Avatar

Rereading it once more
    I just loved it, thanks again
    Malu

Quote Originally Posted by malugargula View Post
    Rereading it once more
    I just loved it, thanks again
    You're welcome!

Hopefully I'll be inspired to come up with another wee story to go with it. PS: Image added - thanks again, babes! *huggles*
    Last edited by BabyDee; 22nd March 2015 at 22:29.
    "I make my own destiny."

chants *part two, part two, part two*

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information