+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast

Thread: The Great Deception (NC17) Updated 6th November 2015

Re: The Great Deception (NC17) Updated 20th April 2015

These last two updates were both amazing, and they both broke my heart! Hated that them confessing their feelings and having sex was just a dream, and the glimpse of their possible future makes me so sad for Lex that he thinks he's not good enough. Really hope he makes the right decision, looking forward to the next update

NS Senior Member Senior Member HotCrossedBunny's Avatar

Re: The Great Deception (NC17) Posted 18th October 2014

Jessicakadie: Thank-you. Sorry for the heartbreak but remember that I do like happy endings.

Zulucnjy: Yes, it took me a while but it will continue. My plan is to get back to writing in the five months I have left until the end of my PhD and also to write some original Regency novels. Thanks for coming back to read it.

A/N: I got two reviews so you get an extra long chapter!

Chapter Thirty-Three
    “Chloe?” He started. He had only just opened the door and there was was, sitting in the hallway, staring at him.
    “Lex”, she replied and extended her hands for him to help her up.
    He did, taking the slender digits between his own large ones and trying to ignore the tremor that went through his body. He pulled her to her feet and then dropped her hands as if they were burning him. He turned his back on her under the guise of locking the door behind himself although really he just needed a few seconds to regroup.
    “What’s the matter?” Chloe came straight to the point.
    “What?” He looked over his shoulder at her. “Nothing”.
    “Then why are you acting so oddly?” She demanded. Reaching out to touch his arm. He wasn’t sure if it was a gesture of support or if she was trying to turn him around but her small soft hand burned through the cotton of his shirt.
    This was going to require every single ounce of his courage and manipulative abilities. He had never thought that he would actually be about to lie to Chloe. Well, not since she had re-entered his life at any rate. When she was a nosey reporter he would have fobbed her off - or at least tried to. The thought of the tenacious reporter made him smile. He utilised the genuine expression as he turned back around to face her.
    “Nothing is wrong. Why would you think otherwise?”
    She put her hands on her hips, a sign of displeasure but welcome now if it kept her from touching him. “Lex Luthor what aren’t you telling me?”
    Saying “nothing”, would have been too big of a lie, so he opted for remarking that “I wasn’t aware that you were particularly interested in the day to day management of Luthor or LexCorp”.
    “I’m not, unless they are affecting you. Which they clearly are”, she pointed out.
    “They are not”, he promised her. This at least was not a lie. Chloe appeared to be able to tell this for although she narrowed her eyes at him, as if this would help her bore her way into his soul, she did not say anything more for a few moments.
    Lex fought her stare as best he could, with one of his one: blank, slightly amused and*infinitely capable. It had taken him years to perfect it, along with the ability not to squirm, but now he had perfected both. He had withstood honest to goodness torture. He should be more than a match for one girl.
    “Did something happen? Did Lionel upset you?” She demanded.
    Or maybe not.
    “No Chloe, I haven’t even seen my father today”, there that was good he would remind her (and himself) of his relationship with the man. That was the reason they couldn’t be together after all. Not that Chloe knew it. Or was even attracted to him in the slightest.
    “Then what’s the matter?” She continued to pester him like a terrier after a mouse.
    “Why don’t you tell me as you are the one who seems to think that something is a miss”, he suggested, hoping to get himself out of a sticky situation.
    “Don’t try those tactics on me Luthor. I know you too well. Plus”, she added with a wicked grin, “I am smarter”.
    “Very true”, he smirked.
    “Lex!” She exclaimed in exasperation. It appeared that her lapse into jest had merely been a plot to force him to open up, and that she was peeved by its lack of success.
    “Chloe, I’m getting a little tired of repeatedly telling you that there is nothing wrong”, he said harshly. It should have made her wilt, but only succeeded in making him feel extremely guilty.

“And I am more than a little tired of having to ask you”, she replied in a similar tone.
    “Then why do we continue this way?”
    “Because”, she started obviously no less annoyed and he realised that his attempt at jocularity had fallen equally flat. “You”, she accused, “are not telling me the truth!”

That brought him up short. He turned on her, pinning her with gaze. “Would you care to repeat that?”
    As brave as she was, in the old days she would have faltered - at least a little - under such a sign of obvious disapproval from someone like him. Though not from Lionel, of course. But now she stood her ground and, as vexed as he was, Lex couldn't help but fall in love with her all over again.
    “I said”, she started clearly, “that you are not telling me the truth”.
    “That is a rather serious accusation to make”, he responded gravely and then paused, allowing it to sink in and for him to gather himself. He should have known that such a piece of theatrics wouldn’t work on Chloe.
    “I wouldn’t make it if I weren’t certain”, she countered with hostility.
    He took a deep, viable breath and reevaluated his position. “How did you know?”
    She looked taken aback and softened slightly. It would make her easier to manipulate once she thought that he had capitulated and provide him with more knowledge for later. God he hoped that there would never be another occasion when he had to lie to her.
    “I know you”, she replied simply, “I can tell when you are acting oddly. This morning, on the landing, for example”.

“What was all it took?”

“That was all it took to raise my suspicions. They were raised by the business call that you just had to take. Funny that it didn’t exists”, her tone seemed to imply that she found it anything but amusing.

“It could have come up at the last minute”, he pointed out.
    “No, even a mobile creates a pulse. There wasn’t one. I checked”, she answered, matter-of-factly.
    He raised an eyebrow at her. “You have that technology?”
    “I do. I wouldn’t be doing my job veer well if I didn’t have all of the information not only about the company and investment that I am trying to sort out for you but also about the house”, she answered a little too readily.
    It was his turn to detect a lie. “You did it because you were afraid of what Lionel might do”
    “Yes”, she repeated after some seconds, looking abashed.
    “I already told you that you don’t have to be afraid”, he said after mentally double checking that that conversation had actually happened and hadn’t been part of his dream.
    “I know, but I do worry. Especially when you are acting so strangely and lying to me”, she fixed him with a look, “don’t think that I have forgotten about that”.
    He smiled ironically. “Don't worry”, he stepped into her space and reached out and took her gently by the shoulders. She lifted up her head, causing her hair to move and he got a waft of her fruit scented shampoo. It caused his heart to ache. “I know that I can’t hide anything from you”. God he hoped that that wasn't true.
    She reached up and placed her hands over his and gave them a squeeze. “Is it really bad?”
    “No”, he replied with a shake of the head. “At least, it is nothing involving my father,” (directly), “my health,” (unless you count the agony that I am in and will remain in for the rest of my life), “or my company”.
    “Well that’s a good start”, she smiled, “but it’s something bad, isn’t it? I mean, if you feel like you have to hide from me and lie to me about it”.
    “I don’t want to lie to you”.
    “I know”, she replied softly, being able to detect the truth of his words.
    “Maybe we should go in and sit down if we are going to discuss this matter”, he suggested, hoping for a brief respite.
    “Wherever you feel more comfortable”, she released his hands so that he could let them into his office but embraced one of his arms and wouldn’t let it go until they were both seated on the settee and Lex took both of her hands in his.
    “You know that I care for you, right?” He asked, his heart bleeding at the thought of what he was about to do.
    “I know”, she squeezed his hands. At least this much wasn’t a lie.
    “And I think that it would probably kill me if I ever lost you as a friend”, he continued.
    “You aren’t going to lose me”, she cut him off.
    “I’ve done terrible things”, again the sincerity of his words came through.
    “Nothing you could do. Nothing. Could make me change my option of you”, she promised him.
    A ball in his throat, bigger than his throat actually, prevented him from speaking for several moments.This was insane. He could see the cogs turning in her brain, calculating all of the things that he could have done. In some cases might actually have done. She had not said it to make him feel better, she had said it because she knew it to be the truth.
    She understood him as no other person could. She was the rock that he needed. A blessing. He would be an idiot to let her go but that was what he had to do. She may be a rock now, but she would be sand within a year of being wed to him.
    “I ...” he started again. He would have paused there for dramatic effect either way but as it was no acting was needed. This was hard to say, not because of the subject matter - he knew that Chloe would forgive him - but because he was about to not only give up any chance of a relationship with her but also destroy the foundation of friendship. Trust and honesty.
    “Lex, whatever it is, you can tell me”, Chloe whispered, almost pleadingly.
    He looked up, into her large green eyes. And then down again at his hands. In shame. It was far easier. Although still like ripping an arm off.
    “I haven’t been honest with you about my reasons for not wanting to help Clark and Lana get back together. I have been ... Unwilling because I did not want you to get hurt in the process and because ...”
    “Because you have feelings for Lana an you think that if she gets back together with Clark - for good this time - that that will irrevocably shut the door on you and her for good”, Chloe supplied helpfully.
    “No”.
    “Lex I know that you like her. You have admitted it to me before in the past. And even if you hadn’t, all men fall at her feet. You know that”.
    “Yes, no, what I mean is that that is not the real reason. The real reason is that ...” he took another deep breath. “Lana has feelings for me”.
    Chloe giggled and his head snapped up.
    “You think that this is funny?” He demanded in disbelief.
    “I’m sorry, I should laugh”, she did her best to smoother her titters, “but that is what this has all been about? Of course Lana has a little crush on you. It is only natural. It doesn’t mean anything”.
    “Chloe”, he sighed, “I think that it is more than a little crush”.
    “Look I’m sorry if I didn’t make it seem important enough. If your pride was hurt or ...”
    “Damn it Chloe my pride is just fine”, he snapped.
    “Okay, I ...”
    “We slept together”. Not how he had planned on delivering the line but it was effective. Coming out of him like that it wouldn’t occur to her to doubt the truth of his words. He hoped.
    What?” She gasped.
    “We slept together”, Lex repeated. This time more calmly.
    “Who?”
    “Lana and I”, he clarified. The look of incredulity on her features would have been amusing at any other time.
    “What? When? How? Why? Why didn’t you tell me before?” The questions tumbled out of her.
    He smiled, although not happily. “Lana and I slept together. I trust that I don’t need to explain the how to you”.
    Even in her confusion Chloe blushed at that, “I didn’t mean ...”
    He held up a hand, “No, it’s okay”.
    Chloe appeared to be gathering her thoughts before she encouraged, “Go on”.
    “It would have been ...” he tried to make it seem as if he were calculating, “about three years ago, I guess. The first time”
    “There was more than once?” She gasped.
    “Yes, first does tend to imply a series of events not just a one off”, he answered, a little too curtly.
    Chloe’s mouth clamped shut. He didn’t know if this was good or bad.
    “I’m sorry, I didn’t mean to snap”, he began rubbing his hands up and down her forearms, surprised and pleased to note that she refrained from drawing back in disgust.
    “I know”.
    “I was angry with Clark for having betrayed me. For ... Well, for a lot of things. And I saw Lana. She was pretty, of legal age by then and I thought that I would vent my spleen against Clark”, he started pouring out the revolting story he had concocted.
    “You tried to seduce her?” Chloe asked, apparently without emotion.
    “I didn’t think that I could”.
    She snorted. “You think far too well of yourself for that”.
    He didn’t need her to start doubting his word now. “I expressed myself poorly”.
    Her eyes narrowed.
    “Yes, I think that if I wanted to seduce her or any other woman I could. But that wasn't in my mind at the time. I just wanted to, I don’t know, get revenge. I didn’t have any clear plan in mind. I just saw her, in Metropolis, drinking coffee and thought that it would be a score off Clark if after he had declared me to be evil if she drank something that I had brought her”, he tried to explain his fictitious feelings.

“Well, that makes sense I suppose”, she mused, “Although I think that you have probably been reading too much mythology”.

He examined her quizzically.

“Persephone”, she explained.
    “Ah”, he smiled. Trust her to come up with a classical reference at a moment like that. “Then I walked her back to her aunt’s apartment there.”
    “To ingratiate yourself further?” She was being perfectly friendly, but gave him no quarter.
    “No”, he corrected, “because it was dark and I don’t like any female that I know walking in those conditions. Metropolis is not as safe as we might wish”.
    “I know, I’m sorry”, she said softly.
    “It’s alright. I’m not saying that I wouldn’t have done something like that. Or even that I haven’t in the past. Just not on this one occasion”, he rubbed her hands, afraid of them being withdrawn at any second. “I didn’t. She invited me in. And I went. I was bored by then but I thought of how much it would rile Clark up, so I took her up on her invitation”.
    “And ...”
    “We sat, we talked, we drank”, he focused on her beautiful face and noted, thankfully, that it was free of all judgement but not of reproach, “we had sex”.
    Chloe was silent. Her eyes focused now on their entwined hands rather than on his face. It hurt him to see her like that. Unable to look at him. She would be even more disgusted if she knew what this was all really about. He needed her to believe this lie.
    “Did you do it deliberately to get back at Clark? The sex I mean”, she clarified, “not going inside. That we already established”.
    “No, I wasn’t even thinking at that moment”.
    Chloe’s eyes went up to his face.
    “You’re right. I’m not being honest”, that was the understatement of the century, “I didn’t allow myself to think about what I was doing. Which yes, means that I did know what I was doing, I didn’t know that it was wrong, I wanted revenge and I got it. Along side a bit of sexual gratification”.
    “Thank-you for being honest with me”, Chloe murmured thoughtfully.
    Those words almost broke him. He waited one beat and then asked, “Do you hate me now?” The strain in his tone adding verisimilitude.
    “No”.
    He blinked.
    “I told you Lex, I could never hate you”, she reached out and caressed the side of his face, almost sadly.
    “Even after ...”
    “I know who you are Lex, a large part of what you have done, and what you are capable of”, she stroked his cheek. “But I also know that you don’t want to hurt people”.
    He opened his mouth but she continued before he could say anything, “I’m not saying that you don’t go after revenge. But that is only because you care about people so deeply that when they hurt you you go off the deep end. I can’t say that what you did was right, it wasn’t, but it doesn’t change the way that I feel about you”.
    Any man other than a Luthor would have cried at those words, but he restrained himself. He felt the truth on the tip of his tongue and looked up as if asking heaven what he should do. He was met with his mother’s bright eyes, staring down at him and knew that he had to do the right thing. He had to continue with the lie and make it even worse so that Chloe would agree to his plan. “There’s more”.
    She steeled herself viably, before saying, “Go on”.
    “That wasn’t the only time that we slept together”. He was past using the veneer of truth now. This was a downright lie.
    “It wasn’t?”
    “No. She came to me. Often”, he forged on with his story, striving not to see her though he looked at her. “When they were together and when they were broken up. I think that she wanted to have a back up plan.”
    “She used you like that? That’s even worse than what you did - and that was appalling”, she snapped and he held grabbed both of her hands again and held them tightly.
    “You know that Lana has always been the It Girl”, he started, feeling only a twinge of remorse. “That she likes to have money. It is not all that surprising that she would try with me if she could”.
    “That bitch!” Chloe tried to jump to her feet but was prevented; Lex still had hold of her hands. “And you just let her?”
    “Yes”.
    “Clark deserves so much better. From both of you!” She snapped and attempted to jump up again but Lex pulled her to him.
    “I know”, once again, he spoke the truth. It was better to be able to slip it in occasionally. For the story more than for his soul. He was fairly certain that periodically telling the truth in order to prop up a lie, was still a lie. He ignored the plight of his soul and enjoyed the feel of her body in his arms, even if she was fuming.
    He was damned in this world, he might as well go the whole hog and be damned in the next.
    “You know that that was pretty much the worst thing that you could possibly have done to Clark, right?” Chloe seethed.
    “I know”, he dropped a kiss on her head but did release her as she sighed.
    “Why did you do something like that?” She asked, as she began to pace backwards and forwards.
    “I don’t know. I have no excuses but I just don’t know. I was hurt and ...” He shrugged.
    “Why would she?” She demanded but then shook off the question, paced for a few more seconds and then stopped turning to stare at him. “Why are you telling me this now?”
    “Because you asked what was wrong., he answered simply, schooling his features into a mask of normalcy.
    “Hmmm”, she pursed her lips. “But why did it all come to the surface today? This relationship is over, right?”
    “Yes, for several months now”, he assured her.
    “But you feel guilty?” She didn’t sound entirely convinced by this posited explanation.
    “Partly”, he admitted. He did feel guilty, but not for that. “But you can hardly imagine that I would suddenly become so overcome with remorse for something that I did months ago for no reason and*decide to risk my only friendship because of it”.
    “It doesn’t sound particularly believable, no”. She folded her arms.
    “I am happy. For the first time in my life I am truly happy and I want to be a better person. I don’t want to go back to the sad, lonely, twisted individual that did that sort of things”.
    “I don’t want that either”.
    Lex smiled. She was hard, she didn’t give quarter or try to excuse the terrible things that he had told her he had done but she still cared about him. She was still there with him.
    “And for that reason I tend to go along with anything that makes you happy, including trying to get Lana and Clark back together to ‘do a nice thing for our friends’. Well, I think that it is quite clear that it isn’t a nice thing that we are doing for our friends. I have tried to talk you out of it several times before but I never succeeded”, he reached his hands out to her.
    “Because you didn’t tell me the truth”, she pointed out but would not deny him comfort when it was asked for - even if not in words.
    He knew that the look of shame he gave her was real. It just wasn't for the reasons she suspected. “Yes, well. Now I have”.
    “What triggered it?” She asked, sitting next to him.
    He didn’t know why he was surprised by that question. He shouldn’t have been. It was exactly what Chloe would have asked in that situation. There were a million different answers he could give to that question, but because sticking to the truth as far as was possible was always the most plausible - and because he didn’t like lying to Chloe more than was absolutely necessary - he disclosed, “I had a dream last night”.

“A dream?”

“Of an erotic nature”, he confided, glad that he did not have a propensity to blush. “It reminded me of the escapade and I can’t ignore it any more”.
    “That’s why you were up so late”, her eyes shone as they always did when she got to the bottom of the mystery. Or thought that she had at any rate. “And acting so weirdly”.
    “Yes, that would explain it”, he concluded.
    “Right”, she sighed. “Well one thing is for certain, I won’t be trying to get Clark and Lana back together again any time soon”.
    “No”. Thank goodness for that.
    “I just can’t believe that she would do something like that”, Chloe groaned, placing her forehead against his shoulder.
    “You know that she is not a saint. That there is normally some other interest with her”, it was something that he had noticed about the girl soon after meeting her. But people who lived in glass houses should not throw stones.
    “I know that”, Chloe sighed as if tired and moved his arm so that it was around her. He happily obliged holding her close. “I don’t know what I am going to say to her”.
    That disrupted his moment of peace. “Chloe, you can’t say anything”.
    “But I have to”, she rocked her head over to the side so that she could see him.
    “No”, he grasped her by the shoulders, “you don’t. 1) I promised not to tell anyone. If you tell Lana, she will know that I told you, come here and read me the riot act and then I will have no choice but to fire her. Then she will be without a job. Do you want that?”
    “No”.
    “2) She will just deny it”, he continued to spew crap to push Chloe away even as he held her close.
    “Probably”, she agreed, seeming to be growing tired. He supposed that it was a lot to take it all at once. He stroked her hair compassionately.
    “3) She will get scared. She will think that I am going about telling everyone and she will tell Clark herself”, there that should do the trick.
    “Maybe she should!”
    Apparently not. “No”, advised her to the contrary.
    “I know that it will make things awkward for you but ...”
    “I’m not thinking about myself”, he rubbed her shoulder.
    “Then who?” She wondered.
    “Clark, you and to some extent Lana”, Lex regarded her out of the corner of his eye. This was a draining endeavour and he would be glad when it was over.
    “This is a small town. If that gets out she will be ruined and have no where else to go”, he saw Chloe’s expression and knew that he was going to get what he wanted. Well, not what he wanted (Chloe in his life forever), but at least he would be one step closer to accomplishing his next goal.
    “Clark will be destroyed. It was one thing not to have your first love work out. It is quite another to have know that she was never what you thought her to be”, he paused for a second to allow the words to sink in. “That while he was sacrificing she was playing him for a fool. Not only would that ruin what should be a beautiful memory for him it will destroy his chances for future happiness. He will never trust a woman again. No marriage. No children. He will become a lonely, bitter twisted mess. He might as well change his name to Luthor”. He added with a twisted smile.
    “I suppose”. She appeared to be thinking so he took the opportunity to hammer the point home.
    “And it will destroy your relationship with him”. It was a low blow but he struck it without remorse.
    “What? How?” She lifted up her head to stare at him.
    “It will get out somehow that you knew. It always does. He will feel betrayed. And you will have to chose between him and me”, he explained and was relieved to see the mask of horror she was wearing. “You see, we can’t let Lana know that I told you or let Clark find out”.
    “But he has to know”, she argued.
    “Why?”
    “Because otherwise he is going to spend his whole life either pining after her or married to her”, Chloe snapped in exasperation, “a woman who would cheat on him like that. It isn’t fair to him”.
    “There might be a third option”, Lex suggested mildly, tickling her back gently to make her smile.
    “What?”
    “I ...” he paused, and rubbed her back, trying not to seem to eager. “It is somewhat duplicitous but do you believe in more than just black and white? That you can do the right things for the wrong reasons and the wrong ones for the right?”
    “Yes, of course. What is it?”
    “The jokes that I made about breaking them up and keeping the pieces for ourselves. They were more than just jokes”, he finally admitted.
    Chloe frowned.
    “You love Clark. I know that you do. You always have but you never stood a chance with Lana round and you backed off because you thought that it was in Clark’s best interests. Well now you know that it is not..
    She nodded slowly.
    “The only way that Clark is going to be happy is if he is with you. It will make you both happy”, he dangled the bait.
    “But Lana ...” She started to protest.
    “Lana”, he cupped her face, “wants a rich man, so let her have one. I can seduce her away from him with great ease leaving the way clear for you. It solves all of the problems.”
    Chloe stared at him. She wasn’t thrilled with the idea he could tell, as she didn’t like to do bad things. It was one of the things he liked so much about her, but she appreciated that sometimes they were a necessary evil.
    “It is the only way”.
    “Okay. What’s the plan?”
    Lex breathed a sigh of relief. He had won.
    He would marry Lana. He want completely without scruples. He didn’t believe that she had ever truly loved Clark, but she had certainly never slept with Lex
    He saw his future stretching out before him.
    ~*~
    Lex stretched and tried to stifle a yawn. It had been a long day. One of the best of his entire life. He had loved Christmas ever since Chloe had come back into his life. He stared around at the decorations, a good mixture of expensive trinkets he had supplied and home made ones which Chloe had insisted upon - and had naturally forced her best friend into helping create. It was a miracle that he had ever managed to wash the glitter gel off his hands.
    “I think that we wore somebody out”, Chloe whispered conspiratorially to the baby nestled in her arms. “Just as well as someone else is up well past his bedtime”.
    Lex glanced at the clock and saw confirmed what he already knew. It was nine o’clock and long past time for the evening to draw to a reluctant close.
    “I think that my bedtime got pushed back a little because of the holidays but now, as is the way with all things good and bad, it must end”, his theatricalities hopefully covered for the fact that he really was deeply saddened.
    “What do we say?” She asked, bouncing the baby who just gurgled in response.
    “I couldn’t have put it better myself”, Lex teased, reaching his hands out for the cherub. The chubby infant grinned at him displaying his two teeth proudly under a mop of blonde curls.
    “Goodnight little buddy”, Lex hugged and kissed him before handing him back reluctantly to his mother. Something about holding little Gabe always made him want to rip Chloe’s clothes off.
    Actually, as he looked at Chloe, standing with a baby before him he admitted to himself that it didn’t take the baby. He always felt like that about her. He had for years and it seemed that nothing was going to change it. It was really rather inconvenient.
    He leant down and kissed the baby again and took his little hand and kissed that too.
    Chloe smiled at him warmly.
    Lex wrapped his arm around her in an embrace that would not harm the child and kissed her cheek before slowly and reluctantly turning to Clark. “Thanks for having us over for Christmas”.
    “It was our pleasure”, his old friend smiled good naturedly. “And we are coming to yours for boxing day”.
    “Yes. That’s the plan”. That and drinking scotch until the morning when he could see Chloe again. “Remember”, he turned and whispered conspiratorially to the baby, “Santa does his second delivery early”.
    “You’ve already spoilt him more than enough”, Chloe teased while Clark thanked him.
    “Hey, what are godfathers for?” Lex protested as he always did at the accusation that he over indulged the little one.
    This was met with laughter from all but one of the room’s inhabitants: Lana. Lex turned to face his sulky wife. She hadn’t wanted to come in the first place. He had told her that if she didn’t come and make a good impression then her credit card would suffer. He knew that it was time to leave and that it would nearly kill him. Just as it always did. He counted in his head. He would leave when he got to zero.
    Ten.
    He stroked the baby’s head.
    Nine.
    He placed his hand on Chloe’s shoulder and smiled down at the little chap.
    Eight.
    He squeezed her shoulder.
    Seven.
    He tousled her hair.
    Six.
    He smoothed her hair back down.
    Five.
    He kissed her cheek.
    Four.
    He kissed the baby’s cheek.
    Three.
    He kissed Chloe’s cheek.
    Two.
    He swung his hands by his side trying to think of another way to touch them that wouldn’t seem awkward.
    One.
    He couldn’t think of one.
    Zero and a tiny little bit.
    He stuffed his hands into his pockets.
    Zero.
    “We had better be making tracks then. Thank-you both for a lovely evening and you”, he addressed the baby, “be good for your Mommy. I expect her bright-eyed and*bushy-tailed first thing on Monday morning.”
    They all laughed. All except Lana. With that, Lex and his wife finally made it out of the door. They used the back one as always, attached to the kitchen. They were on far too familiar terms now to bother with the front one. The two families saw each other every single day - Lex made sure of that - and Christmas was no exception.
    Leaving the warmth of the Kent farm, filled with light, love and laughter into the cold night with his trophy wife. He allowed himself one last look back. The kitchen had no curtains, only a blind that was more decorative than functional and half raised so he could still see inside. Chloe was radiant. This was her second pregnancy and he had never seen her look more beautiful. She was tired after a long day but she was still beaming. Her first more nestled in her arms staring up at his Mommy.
    Clark was standing next to the sink, talking to them both as Clark did the washing up - his attention to caught up in his little family that he didn’t even noticed that he was being watched.
    It was the perfect picture of domestic bliss.
    His heart at once grew with love for Chloe and felt clenched at the knowledge that she would never be his. Even now he wanted to possess her, to take her in his arms and kiss her and make love to her and be the man whose child she held. He wanted to see her every day not just as his friend and employee but as his lover. But it would never be.
    Feeling his heart wrenching as he did so, he turned away from the image back to his wife. She was sitting in his Porsche, scowling. Her clothes were fine, her nails were done, and she wore a set of diamonds which were worth more than the entire Kent farm. She she spent hours every day on her appearance, almost as many as she spent complaining about the fact that Lex insisted on living in Smallville. She did not know that that was because his entire life was centred around Chloe - his lost love. A vision who became more perfect with every passing day.
    Lana was a different matter entirely. Her angelic face had become hard, her willowy figure angular, and her piercing eyes sharp and spiteful. He had created the evil and deserved to live with it. Even children where now out of his reach as he couldn’t bring them into a marriage like this.
    The only thing that sustained him was knowing that it was not Chloe he had destroyed. He would live with Lana for as long as possible, ignoring her many infidelities, spending his time working with Chloe, fawning over her children until the day that he was released from life.

A/N: So, what did you think? The next one will be a bit happier I promise.

NS Senior Member Senior Member malugargula's Avatar

Wow
    My heart is broken for Lex
    I could slap Lana
    Great chapter
    Malu

Re: The Great Deception (NC17) Updated 25th April 2015

Sorry I would have reviewed sooner, for some reason I didn't get a email that you posted a new chapter till today.
    Once again this broke my heart, but I have faith you'll end this story with happy Chlex

Thanks. Yeah, mine too.

Chapter Thirty-Three

“Okay, so if we are going to do this then we are going to do this properly”.

Those were the words that Lex was met with.

“Good evening Chloe”, he greeted her with a smile as he looked up from the sea of papers on his desk. He was unsurprised to be met with a brilliant and slightly mischievous smile.

“Good evening, Lex. It’s five o’clock to put all of your toys away so we can get down to what is really important”, she strode over to him with the confidence of one who was always assured of her welcome.

“Running a multi billion dollar multi national company isn’t important to you?” He teased, he knew that she valued what he did. She just didn’t want him working himself into oblivion. As annoying as it could be at times, it was actually quite nice to have someone who cared about him so much. The idea of losing her caused him a momentary pang.

“What’s wrong?” Chloe demanded immediately, all traces of her smile wiped from her face.

“Nothing”, he shot her a quick smile. “Just a touch of heart burn”. He had to give her some excuse.

“Oh you poor thing”, she came over to him immediately and began to rub her hand over his heart as if that could actually cure gastroesophageal reflux disease.

He felt his temperature rising immediately and his trousers started to become increasingly snug. He had to get her away from him and safely married to Clark as soon as possible or else he would end up ravishing her. The safest way would probably have been for him to just push her away but he couldn’t lose her completely. Just as he couldn’t bring himself to stop stroking his chest as soon as he should have. He allowed her to caress him for a moment before taking her hand and kissing it at the last possible second before he could actually feel his hands going to attempt to rip off her clothes.

“I’ll solider on”, he promised.

“Of course you will. Have you been eating anything silly?” She demanded in an imperious manner.

“No”, he replied honestly.

“Good”, she nodded, “What about scotch?”

“Would I?” He tried to look innocent as he drank from his expensive blue water bottle, hoping that it would cool him down and prove his point.

“Hmmm”, she pursed her lips before threatening, “You know you aren’t too big for a spanking”.

Lex choked on his water as several very inappropriate images filled his lust addled brain.

Chloe was spurred into action patting his back until he regained some sort of equilibrium, thinking nothing more than that something had gone down the wrong pipe.

“Heartburn again?” She inquired, as she rubbed his back in a way that was clearly supposed to be soothing. He didn’t feel particularly soothed. Unless soothed now meant ‘wanted to bend her back over his desk’.

“Something like that”, he replied, taking her hands once again. It was the safest place for them. “You came to tell me to put my toys away?”

“Oh yes, we need to get down to business”, she announced in a manner which did nothing to deter his erection.

He raised an eyebrow at her, knowing that the more he teased her with the idea of his unbridled lust the less likely she was to ever see the true glint in his eyes.

“Not like that you big tease”, she laughed and regained her hands for a second to punch him lightly on the shoulder. Lex reacted before he could think better of it, grabbing her and hauling her into his lap and began to tickle her.

“Hey, that’s not fair”, she complained as she giggled and squirmed trying to get back at him.

“What’s not fair?” He demanded as he continued. It seemed perfectly fair to him. She was torturing him, why shouldn’t he get a little of his own back?

“You aren’t ticklish enough for me to de ... De”, she broke of again, her need for oxygen becoming too great.

“Defend yourself”, he supplied for her and he eased up a little rubbing her back and cuddling her mostly. Only slipping in the occasional tickle.

“Dirty fighter”, she complained, wriggling against him as she snuggled against his chest. He hadn’t realised it before their friendship had began, but Chloe was a cuddler.

“I’m a Luthor”, was his only response. He had another one but he held it back. She didn’t know what wiggling in his lap was doing to him. Although if she edged one way a little more she would find out.

“I will bear that it mind”, she smirked at him.

“So, what did you want me for?” He asked, thinking that he had to get her off his lap some how. “Besides your charming personality?”

“And my rugged good looks”, he winked and she dissolved into laughter once more.

He knew that he wasn’t rugged. He had meant it as a joke. Just as he knew that Chloe didn’t mean to hurt him. But still, it hurt. She wouldn’t have been laughing is she had been in Clark’s lap or if anyone had mentioned his rugged good looks.

“God, when did you become such a pussy?” He wondered to himself before he relaunched his tickle attack until Chloe recanted.

As she got her breath back, he sat there, grinning at her.

“I don’t know why I put up with you”, he huffed.

“Right back at you”, she stuck her tongue out at him just for emphasis.

He smiled and did his best to subdue any and all improper thoughts about that pink tongue. “So, what is the plan of fearless mischievous leader?”

“Your Royal Highness will do just fine thank-you”, she nudged him.

“Empress”, he countered.

“No!”

“Bossy boots”, he smirked. He could do a lot worse.

“Empress will work”, she relented.

“I prefer bossy boots”, he teased and was poked for his trouble. “Fine, Empress”, he kissed her temple. “So, what is this great plan?”

“Oh”, she remembered what she was actually there to do and jumped up, much to Lex’s relief. That woman’s curves should be illegal. “Yes, my plan. Come on let’s get this mess cleaned up first”.

He snorted. Chloe couldn’t care less about mess, the only reason she said that was because she knew that it would drive him insane. She was a very sweet evil temptress.

When it was finally cleaned up and they were ensconced around the coffee table with her plan laid out he laughed. “How long did this take you?”

“Not that long”, she shrugged, “I used half of my lunch hour to do it”.

“That would explain some of the stains”, he studied one particularly large orange/red splodge.

“I had beans on toast”, she informed him.

“Interesting”, he responded dryly, “I guessed as much when my own was delivered”. She still insisted on him eating at every meal. He picked up the paper and skimmed it.

The first page was a large spider diagram with many legs, interlacing and crossing-over:
    - Planting the seed of doubt
    - Become the confident
    - Let the person complain about their relationship – don't do it for them.
    - Play devil's advocate
    - Pretend to be really nice
    - But avoid the friend zone
    - Be the person they are looking for in the relationship (but not over the top)
    - Be around – but not too much (allow them to miss you)
    - Pinpoint the problems in the relationship and exploit them (subtly). Game of truth or dare.
    - Try to physically separate them as a couple, e.g. meet a new guy that they are more compatible, girls night out etc
    - Ingratiate yourself with their friends so that they prefer you
    - Don't be needy – set your trap and wait
    - Make them jealous by another man
    - Act appropriately during the breakup

“It’s good, isn’t it?” Chloe broke through his thoughts on the matter.

“That’s what I like about you Chloe, your modesty”, he replaced the files neatly in their folder. He did not think that they would need to study them much further tonight.

She grinned. “But it is good, isn’t it?”

“Very, but I think entirely too complicated”.

“So, what would you do?” She demanded.

He stared at her very hard and then answered, “Seduce him until he crumbles”.

“Just like that?”

“Just like that!”

~*~

Lex sat bored, alone and fuming in his study his eyes travelling over to the door every time he heard the slightest noise and quite often when he didn’t. Once again he was met with nothing. He sighed and took another long sip of his drink reminding himself that this was what he had wanted.

There was another sound but this time he managed to stop himself jumping up hopefully. He had to get some level of control over himself.

“You’re an idiot Luthor”, he informed himself .

“True”.

Lex’s head snapped around to see his father standing in the now open doorway to his study. “What are you doing here?”

“Why I have come to bathe in the warmth of my son’s affection”, Lionel replied as he strolled in.

“How did you get in?”

“Through the scullery window”, Lionel replied dryly as he made his way over to the drinks cabinet and poured himself a large whiskey.

Lex raised an eyebrow.

“No, that’s not true”, he admitted.

“You don’t say”, Lex responded.

“I rang the door bell and I was allowed in. A very demeaning experience, I assure you”, Lionel sneered at his first (legitimately) born son.

“Good”, was all the answer he was to receive for his honesty.

“A little ray of sunshine, aren’t you?” He made his way back across the room with all of the assurance of one who had not been deposed. “Where is Her Royal Bubbliness?”

“Her Royal Bubbliness?” Lex repeated, wondering if he had heard their conversation from earlier. No, he was being ridiculous. It was just a coincidence.

“Yes, I thought that Her Royal Noisiness might get me punched in the nose”, Lionel floated down into a high-backed chair. It had occurred to the younger Luthor more than once in his life that his father could probably have made good money as a ballet dancer had he wished to, judging by the way that he pranced around.

“Probably. But you know some women like a more rugged look”, Lex replied, remembering Chloe’s earlier laughter. No, Lionel definitely knew nothing about it. He wouldn't have been able to resist rubbing it in if he had known. Not even as part of a longer end game.

“No son, they don’t. Especially not at my age”, Lionel said ruminatively as he took a sip of scotch.

Lex shook his head and took another sip of his own drink. It had been from his father’s private reserve but Lex had acquired it during the take over.

“So, where is she? It’s not as if there is anywhere in Smallville for her to go”, he snickered, “unless they have started having raves at Wiggly Piggly”.

“How do you know that she is not in her room?” He chose to ignore the rave comment.

Lionel gave his son a sardonic look. “You are sitting here, alone, looking as if your puppy just died”.

“You never let me get a puppy”. One of his many complaints about his childhood. He would have taken great care of a puppy.

“And you are drinking”, Lionel nodded towards the nearly empty tumbler in his offspring’s hand. “Everyone knows that Chloe has strong opinions on the amount of alcohol that you consume”.

“Everyone?”

“Chloe discussed the matter with Martha who told me all about it”, Lionel answered with a shrug.

“You still have a thing for redheads”, Lex observed.

“Indeed I do. We are not all expanding our horizons as you are son”, his father cast him a speaking look.

“You know that she is far too good for you, right?” Lex ignored Lionel’s snide comment.

“Finally son we have something in common”, Lionel sneered, “shall we sit and commiserate, have a heart to heart, cry, hug it out and realise that we always loved each other and it was all just a misunderstanding?”

“I would rather drown myself or kick you in the balls”, Alexander responded in a filial manner.

“Thank God for that. You might be my son after all”.

Lex did not respond to that. He was his son. It would have explained their animosity had he been a coo-coo, but they were definitely related.

“So, are you going to tell me?”

“No, I’m probably not going to sit on your knee and ask for a bedtime story either”, Lex scoffed.

“No, I dare say that you would rather be tucked in by someone else. Where is she?” Lionel’s question was only met with silence. Not in the habit of prompting others - it was a sign of weakness - he waited him out.

“At the farm probably”, Lex finally relented.

“The farm?”

“Seducing Clark”. Lex stared into his empty glass, wishing that it were full.

“Son”.

Lex lifted his head up wearily.

“You are an idiot”.

He knew that. He sighed and leant back against the chair, closing his eyes. His father would blather on for a bit, taunt him etc but he just didn’t have a energy to care.

“That’s the ticket son, lie around, that will get her b ...”

Lex cracked on eye open, wondering what was going on only to see his father staring at the door. He turned his head to see Chloe standing in the opening with tears trickling down her cheeks. “What did he do to you?” Lex demanded as he jumped up and dashed over to her.

“I must say Miss Sullivan, you are looking a little ...”

“Get out”, Lex snapped at his father as his arms encircled Chloe.

“Very well son, I will leave you to comfort her and bid you both adieu”. How did his father manage to make the word ‘comfort’ sound so very much like fuck.

“What did he do to you?” Lex repeated his question once Lionel was out of the room and the door was closed.

“Absolutely nothing”, she sniffled.

“What?” He pushed her away form him by the shoulders, far enough to be able to see her face. He must have misheard that.

“Nothing”, she repeated the word softly.

“I know Clark’s an idiot but ...” He trailed off. “Wait, you went over looking like that and he did nothing?” She was always gorgeous but that evening she was clad in a deep scarlet dress which clung to her ample curves.

She sniffled in the affirmative.

“Come here”, he wrapped her in his arms once again and began to stroke her hair.

“He will never love me. Isn’t even the slightest bit attracted to me”, she got out between sobs which broke his heart.

“Yeah, well, Clark’s an idiot. Seriously, all of those times that he saved people I think that he must have got one too many bonks on the head”, Lex reasoned. That was the only logical explanation. He could always kidnap him and have his people experiment on him for weeks until they came to another conclusion.

“You are the one who is always getting knocked out”, she reminded him around hiccups.

“Yeah, and I still want to rip your clothes off”, he thought, but only said, “If you want Clark then we will get you Clark”

“How?” She raised her head from his shoulder to stare at him hopefully.

“Simple”, he tried as much as he could when she was so sad, “I will teach you to seduce him”.

She gazed at him.

“It makes sense when you think about it. After all, I know what men like”, he nudged her.

“Alright”, she perked up, she always did when there was a plan.

“Now, stop crying. It’s manipulative rather than seductive, he continued his attempt prod her out of her sadness.

She pursed her lips but dried her tears and thankfully no more fell.

“Lesson one: appearance.” Lex said, removing his hands from her and clapping them together. He examined her with detail from the top of her shiny blonde head to her painted toes. She was gorgeous and it was having more that a little effect on his trouser brain. “Well, here’s what you did wrong”.

“You think that I am ugly”, she asked with large eyes.

“Don’t be so bloody absurd!” Clark, damn him, had clearly done a number on her self-esteem again. “I think that that is far too sexy and he probably thought that you had a date to get to and didn’t want to keep you”.

She didn’t look entirely convinced.

“Think of him as a scared little kitten who needs to be gently introduced to new ideas”, or beaten over the head repeatedly.

“And if he weren’t?”

“Then you would be in his bed right now”, he said surely.

“Really?” She didn’t seem quite able to believe him.

“If he made it that far. The kitchen table is another option. Or the floor. Or the sofa. Or the stairs. They also have very conveniently located walls”, the options were endless ... At least there were for Luthors.

“Ambitious”, Chloe smiled.

“Inspired”, he countered.

He strode back over to her brushed her hair out of her face. “Trust me on this Chloe. It’s not you. You could have any man you want”.

She blushed and he knew that she didn’t quite believe him but she smiled nonetheless.

“Any man”, he assured her although it might as well have been every man when she smiled like that.

Oh Lex
    This is going to be so much fun and so hot
    Can't wait for more
    Malu

Chapter Thirty

“It's like you’re my GBFF”, Chloe declared happily.

“GBFF?” Lex inquired, searching his brain for the appropriate acronym but coming up blank.

“Gay Best Friend Forever”, she explained with a provocative smile.

He scowled at her and she giggled at him.

“You know we can always turn around and leave”, he pointed out sternly even though they both knew that he wasn’t going to leave. Somehow their relationship had progressed to the level where he could joke about these things without her insecurities about people abandoning her rearing its ugly head.

“Fine, just regular straight boring BFF it is then”, she heaved a sigh, as if disappointed.

They were standing in Chloe's room at the Castle with Lex surveying her closet. “Okay, seduction, seduction, seduction”, he flicked through her clothes.

“If you are looking for the hot pants, the leather and the mid-drift baring tops then you are going to be sadly disappointed”, she informed him, using humour to hide her discomfort. This was the first time in her life that she had had enough money to buy what she wanted and had had invested in some very expensive (to her way if thinking, at least) items and she would be hurt if someone of Lex’s calibre didn’t like it would hurt.

“Noted”, he continued to go through the items.

“No beige either”, she announced, considering the collection of brightly coloured cloth. “Or baby pink. Or pastels. Or …”

“Are you going to talk the entire way through this?” He inquired, dryly.

“Well you weren’t saying anything”, Chloe shrugged, “uncomfortable silences make me uncomfortable”.

“Only natural although I have to say that I thought of it as more of a thoughtful silence rather than an uncomfortable one”, he said as he pulled out several garments for closer inspection.

“Same difference!”

“Besides”, he ran his eyes over the cloth and returned them to the wardrobe, “I was trying to think of a polite way of phrasing my comments”.

“It’s that bad?”

Lex turned around and surveyed her. “Stop biting your lower lip”, he reached out and ran his thumb over the sore spot, “you’ll hurt yourself”.

She stuck her tongue out at him.

“There, that’s better”, he smiled at her.

“So, what’s the damage?” She asked, nervously.

“It’s not great”, he admitted.

“Great, see I told you that this whole sexy thing wasn’t going to work. Even wardrobe isn’t sexy!” She exclaimed, flopping back to lie on her bed.

“Don’t be so dramatic”, Lex said, leaning over to grab her hand to pull her back up. “That’s not the fighting spirit that I like to see in you”.

Chloe sat up and he sat down. He wrapped his arm around her shoulders and tilted her head towards him. “This is the last time that I am going to say this, so make sure that you are paying attention this time: you are sexy but we are dealing with an idiot.”.

She smiled.

“A complete and utter idiot. Seriously, I think that the boy has meteor rocks for brains”, he continued. “And you seem to vary from business sexy i.e. untouchable and really casual sexy i.e. I already have someone in my life who I’m going to go home and look sexy for. Nothing in the middle. Or obvious enough for Clark, but not intimidating”.

“So, what are we going to do?” Chloe wondered. She didn’t see a way around this problem, even jumping in Clark’s lap hadn’t worked, but Lex always had a plan. He put more attention into his breakfast than countries did into war.

“Chloe”, he smiled reassuringly.

“Yes?”

“You need to go shopping”, he broke the terrible news.

“But I hate shopping”, she groaned. “You need a best girlfriend to make shopping fun and Lois is away and no one wants to try on clothes next to Lana”. Clark had better be an awesome boyfriend to make him worth all of this.

“Fine”, he sighed, “come on”.

“What?”

“Apparently I just became your shopping partner”.

“But you hate shopping even more than I do”, Chloe reminded him. When she had been in High School she had heard one of Lex’s girlfriends complaining that he would rather break up than go shopping with her.

“Yes, I do”.

~*~

Lex sat on the designated boyfriend chair, surrounded by garments of every description, some of which Chloe had rejected and sales assistance were getting rid of, others were yet to be tried on. He had no idea what dressing rooms had a garment limit. Did he look like someone who would have friends who would steal?

He stifled a yawn which thankfully reminded him why he was doing this. The previous night had been less than restful, having been filled with enjoyable but wrong dreams about Chloe. He had to get her safely out of his dreams and into Clark’s arms. His heart clenched at the thought and he could no longer just sit there. Lex strode over to the changing room in which Chloe was trying on clothes. It had been twenty minutes since she had last immerged, wearing her own clothes for the fifth time. It shouldn’t have taken her that long to try on five outfits.
    They had been here for several hours and he still hadn’t seen her trying on anything.

“Chloe, are you alright?” He called out gently.

“Yeah”, she answered, although she sounded slightly stressed. Too stressed, in his opinion, for something as simple as trying on clothes.

“Am I actually going to see anything?” He inquired, turning and leaning against the firm stud wall in between Chloe’s and the other, thankfully vacant, changing room.

“I’m not sure”, she admitted, causing him to frown.

“Chloe, what is going on here?” He asked, transferring his weight back onto his feet, ready for action.

“Nothing really”, she admitted. Not wanting to admit to him that the sizes in this designer boutique were different from the ones she had shopped out only a few weeks ago. They must have used vanity sizing, while this shop definitely did not. She had attempted to wedge herself into outfit after outfit with varying levels of success. The few that she had got into had not been flattering on her. She had almost cried once but had forced herself not to. She was not going to be the girl sobbing in the changing room over a damned dress.

Lex didn’t believe that for a second, he didn’t need to be able to see her face to know that something was wrong. “Alright, I’m coming in”, he announced.

“I’m fine”, she informed him, thinking that he was joking.

“3. 2. 1.” He gave her a count down and then slipped in, pulling the curtain back behind him. “Bloody hell!”

In the centre of what looked like the aftermath of a whirlwind, Chloe stood, her back to him, in her underwear. Lex swallowed. She looked better than she had even in his dream. Her slender but curvaceous figure was encased in a bright red lacy thong and bra and almost as soon as he had committed her ass to memory she spun around and his eyes were drawn to her breasts.

“Wow”, he hoped that the word hadn’t come out of his mouth. Her full, pert breasts were pushed up by the red lacy contraption as if begging for attention.

Clark was a bloody moron!

“Lex?”

“Uh, sorry”, he stammered, hoping that he wasn’t actually blushing. He forced his eyes to her face and could tell from her expression that she knew exactly where his eyes and mind had immediately gone. “So, sexy isn’t the problem”, he admitted out loud.

“I have no idea how to respond to that”, she answered.

“So”, he really forced himself to focus his eyes on her face. “What’s wrong with every single garment you’ve found?”

“Fit”, she explained, morosely.

“Every single one of them was too small”, she said, blinking.

“Oh”, he pulled her into a bear hug, not thinking for the moment just how inappropriate it was and trying to ignore the feel of her pulled flush against her.

The idea that she could have any hang ups was ridiculous and made him want revenge and to boost her confidence. Sex would have done that nicely but that wasn’t on the cards. Damn it.

“Tell you what”, he suggested, “We will go to Metropolis’ best restaurant, then go to a designer who can measure you and we will give them some ideas and they can send them over when they are finished”.

“Won’t that take ages?”

“No, they should have some of it ready this afternoon”. By which he meant he would bribe them and when they were at the restaurant sneak off to phone them so that the price they charged Chloe – she insisted on paying for things herself – was far lower than the real cost, which he would take on.

“You always make me feel better”, Chloe murmured into his chest.

“Right back at you, baby”, he thought.

~*~

“I could always blackmail him into you”, Lex suggested.

“Thanks, that’s flattering”, Chloe huffed as she turned around and looked over her shoulder to study her appearance in the new jeans that had been sent over. Lex was reclining on her bed, trying to make her less nervous about what she was going to do in less than an hour now.

He shrugged, “Or just invite him to go swimming”.

“Because he likes outdoors activities?” She transferred her attention back to Lex.

“Because in a bikini you should have no problem seducing him”, he explained his remark.

“Yeah, Clark is immune to my ass!” Chloe reminded him.

“I really do think that we should be examining the possibility that he is gay more closely. It really does seem like the most logical explanation to me”, Lex said thoughtfully.

“Either that or that he just prefers Lana’s figure”, she suggested.

He thought about that for a minute, a vision of the perfection that was Chloe Sullivan in her underwear coming to mind, “No, I really don’t think that that’s it”.

~*~

“If you can make Lex Luthor drool then you can do anything”, Chloe told herself as she pulled up outside the Kent’s farmhouse. “He was only being nice”, she reminded herself, “probably just trying to make my feel like less of a Muppet”.

She climbed out of the car and locked it before smoothing her hands down her sides of her outfit. It had Lex’s full seal of approval, although that wasn’t saying much as Lex’s eyes had been wandering down to her chest quite a few times that afternoon after he had seen her in her bra. If only Clark was that easy. Lex was a man, Clark was a saint.

Trying to remember everything that Lex had told her about seduction she headed to the door and knocked.

In the blink of an eye it was open and Clark was smiling down at her, although he looked a little surprised. “Hi Chloe, what are you doing here?”

“I need your help”, she admitted.

“What is it?” He slipped into hero mode immediately, moving to allow her into the house.

“I had a little accident”, she admitted, pulling our several pieces of what looked like a very expensive vase. It was a copy but she wasn’t about to let Clark know that.

“Oh dear”, Clark took the pieces of china, gently from her, “but I’m sure that we can fix it. Besides, you know that Lex could never get mad with you”.

“I know, but I don’t want him to see it anyway”, she explained as then went to sit at the kitchen table.

“I’ll get the superglue”, he announced and super-sped to the barn and back. “We will have this fixed up in a trice, and if not I will go to China and find another one”.

“It is one of a collection lost over a thousand years ago”, Chloe explained with a laugh.

“Well, I’ve always liked a good game of hide and seek”, Clark said putting it together and heating it with his laser vision until it looked as good as new. “There”. He picked it up and turned it over in his hands.

“Thank-you Clark, you’re a life saver”, she grinned at him. “So what are you up to, tonight?”

“Chloe, it’s a fake”, Clark informed her simply.

“What?” She blinked at him.

“It’s fake”, he repeated.

“How do you know?” Chloe asked, taking it from him and turning it over in her hands, focusing her eyes on it rather than on his face.

“The feel of It is completely wrong”, he explained, he was so accustomed to breaking things he was an absolute wiz when it came to fixing things.

“Oh”.

“Want to tell me what is going on?” Clark offered.

“I don’t know, who would have thought that Lex would have a copy”, Chloe said, without looking up. “Do you want to watch Star Trek?”

“Okay”, Clark answered slowly.

How can Chloe still think of Clark after having that gorgeous sexy man near her all the time?
    I think she may have meteor rocks instead of a brain too lol
    Amazing chapter
    And I know how she felt because I have this fit problem all the time since I have a big ass
    Malu

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information