+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: The Great Deception (NC17) Updated 6th November 2015

NS Senior Member Senior Member HotCrossedBunny's Avatar

Re: The Great Deception (NC17) Posted 18th October 2014

Chapter Twenty-One

“Ah”, Chloe sighed in pleasure, “don’t take this the wrong way Lex because you know that I had a fantastic time in Metropolis, but it’s so good to be home!”

“No offence taken”, he assured her, privately pleased that she was thinking of his home was hers as well. Well, his guest house at any rate.

Chloe flopped down onto the settee and patted the side next to her.

“Tired?” Lex inquired as he sat down beside her.

“A little, last night was exhausting”, they hadn’t got to bed until 3 in the morning and had had to get up again at 7 for the flight back to Smallville, “and the helicopter always gives me a headache”.

“Do you want to go to bed?” Lex asked, “Or an aspirin?”

He was used to travelling helicopter, but during the first few years not only had he almost pissed himself he had suffered from headaches for hours afterwards. “I wish that you had told me that it effects you like this, we could have driven”.

“Nonsense, it would take far too long, I’m just being silly. I’ll be fine in a few minutes”, she dismissed his concerns.

“Chloe, you are really quite pale”, he studied her closely.

“I’ll be fine”.

“Why don’t you go to bed, you are obviously tired”, Lex countered.

“Because it is 9 o’clock on a Monday morning and I’ve just had a week off. I’m going to work”, honestly she couldn't nap now.

“You didn’t have a week off, you were working bloody hard and helped me a great deal”, Lex argued, “Go to bed”.

“Lex”, she started again.

“I’m not playing with you Chloe”, she looked really pale, “come on”, he reached under her legs ans around her shoulders and lifted her up easily.

“Lex”, she protested. 1. She could walk. And 2. She was not going to bed in the middle of the morning for anyone.

“Yes”, his tone brooked no disobedience, but he should have known that Chloe would try anyway.

“You can’t just keep on lugging me around!”

“I think that you will find that I can, will and that it is better not to argue with a Luthor”, he said as he walked off with her, determined on his course of action. She was going to bed.

“I will argue with a Luthor whenever I please”, she declared, even as she allowed him to carry up the stairs, simply because it wasn’t safe to argue with him there. She would kill them both if she did.

“I know sweetie”, he assured her as he carried her into her room and placed her back on the bed. He hadn’t been in her room before, it was oddly girlie considering it was his Chloe’s. She’d made a cold guest room far more homely. It even had a cuddly toy on the bed. “There, now you can tell me off as much as you like”, he offered.

“It’s not funny”, she complained.

“I know”, he smiled down at her, “do you want me to get you some aspirin or something?”

She pursed her lips together. Some aspirin sounded heavenly at that moment, but she could hardly tell him so after the fuss she had just put up about not needing him to pander to her.

“I’ll take that as a yes. It’s okay, you don’t have to ask”, he kissed her temple better. He dashed down to the kitchen and got her: some aspirin; two large glasses of water; and two bowels of the muesli - which he had brought several weeks before and he noticed that she had not opened - and returned. He paused in the open doorway for a few seconds, staring at her. She looked small and weak and pale. Her eyes were closed, part of him didn’t want to wake her and felt guilty about taking her to the hospital. She had needed rest, maybe she had picked up a bug while they were there.

“Don’t just stand there staring at me”, she said, without opening her eyes.

He smiled, “You know me too well”.

“Yep”.

He closed the door softly with his foot before he continued over to the bed where he sat down next to her, placing the tray on his lap.

Chloe looked over to him, opening her eyes seemed to be a bit of a struggle. “You want two bowels of cereal?” She asked sleepily.

“No, one of them is for you”, he used his hand to brush her hair out of her face and feel her forehead. She was a little warm.

“I don’t need cereal, just some aspirin”, she sighed, knowing that she should protest about his taking her temperature like this but not having the energy; she could feel an argument brewing between them already and hoped to avoid it.

“You need cereal if you don’t want to damage your stomach”, he said, helping her sit up and ignoring her wrinkling nose. “And don’t worry, healthy cereal won’t kill you”.

“You are really bossy, do you know that?” She complained.

“I have been informed of that fact before”, mostly by her.

“Yeah, well start to work on it”, she sat up slowly and accepted the cereal as well as the aspirin (knowing that she wouldn’t get one without the other) and took the pills. She and tried to munch some of the muesli and discovered what she had always suspected: she really didn’t like muesli.

“Come on Chloe, you can manage a bit more than that”, Lex cajoled.

“No, I can’t”, she returned the bowel to the tray with a little more force than was strictly necessary, splashing some of the milk over the side.

“Chloe, what’s wrong with you?” Lex demanded.

“Nothing”, she said with something between a huff and a sigh.

He raised an eyebrow.

“I’m a grown woman, Lex”, she said in a tone filled with exasperation. “I’ve got a headache and I’m tired but I am a grown woman and you should treat me as such”.

“I do”, he protested placing down his own bowel and giving her his undivided attention.

“No, you don’t. You don’t tell an adult what to eat. Or what to drink. Or when to rest. Or not to do their job. You don’t ... You don’t”, a wave of pain sliced through her temple and she clasped her hand to it.

“Chloe”, he moved their things to the side and helped her to lie down. Once she was reclining, Lex joined her and began to stroke her hair, their original conversation temporarily put on hold as he asked, “There, is that better?”

“A little yes”, her head was spinning, but only slightly.

“Come here”, he wrapped his arms around her and held her close until she nodded to say that she felt better, she had just moved too quickly.

“Good, now let’s get one thing straight”, he cupped her face to make sure that she was staring into his eyes. She complied although she was getting sleepier by the second. He wanted to let her sleep, but he couldn’t, this needed to be sorted out. “Stop being a little brat”.

“I’m ...”

“Yes you are”, he held onto her. “I’m not treating you like a child, I’m treating you exactly as you treat me and yes I do worry about you because I know that if I let you you would work yourself into an early grave”.

“You see this is just the point, let -”

“You use the same vocab”, he interrupted her.

Her aching brow crinkled, making it feel even worse. She wasn’t sure if she did speak to him in the same way that he spoke to her and her brain really wasn’t working that well. She opened her mouth to expression disbelief at his last statement but before she should he declared once more that she did. “Okay, let’s just say (for the sake of argument) that I do. It doesn’t come across the same and I do it about things that matter, not food”.

“Food matters”, he stated simply.

“Well yes, but you don’t eat as well”. Honestly he was acting as if she were this terrible irresponsible person while he was perfect.

“That’s different”, he said as if that solved everything.

“Why? Why is it different Lex? Give me one good reason why it’s -” She demanded, wishing that she could stand up to make her point but felt dizzy even lying down.

“Because I can’t lose you”.

She blinked. He was lying next to her, his mouth barely three inches from hers, the words - even spoken as they were in a hoarse whisper - were just about audible but she couldn’t believe it. She blinked a few more times in bewilderment.

“I didn’t mean to upset you, I never meant to snap or to raise my voice”, he continued to whisper, he didn’t want to hurt her head. “I”, his throat constricted but he forced passed it, “I have lost everyone I have ever loved or even cared about”.

She continued to stare at him. She must be getting a fever; Lex never opened up this much.

“You probably know that my mother died of this mysterious illness”, he continued. She nodded then wished that she hadn’t. Lex’s large hand moved up so that his thumb to massage her temple. “You don’t know what it was, do you?”

“Cancer?” She had done a lot of research on the Luthors and their family history and that had been one of the things that peaked her interest but even Chloe had known better than to ask.

“No, a common cold”.

“What”, Chloe asked, startled, “how is that even possible?” They were living in the 21st century - or rather, the very end of the 20th when his mother had succumbed to sickness -, people did not die of trifling little things like colds.

“She was a society wife, the life and soul of every party and ridiculously beautiful. She looked like a perfect statue”, he paused at the memory, “but it wasn’t natural. She barely ate. Sometimes because she was dieting and had self esteem issues, sometimes because she just forgot. Or she was busy taking care of everyone except herself”.

“I’m sorry”, Chloe whispered reached out for him.

“I have a younger brother too”, he continued and was unsurprised to note the shock in her eyes. Julian had been well hidden. “He was born weak and sickly and I know that my mother blamed herself; she had been depressed and hadn’t eaten much during several stages of the pregnancy”, he explained slowly. “Julian he ... He just died in his sleep one night. He was only a few weeks old”.

“Oh Lex”, she clung to him, no idea how to make this any better.

“It wasn’t her fault but she thought that it was. She thought that it was something that she had caused by not eating, by not taking her vitamins. Then, she stopped eating all together.” He swallowed. “She got a cold and just went to sleep and didn’t wake up, like Julian. I went home from school and my brother was gone, my mother was gone, my nanny was gon-”

“She died too?” Chloe exclaimed before she could process the words.

“No Lionel just sent her away”.

She blinked away tears as a painful ball formed in her throat.

“It’s alright, I’m not looking for sympathy I just want you to understand. I don’t think that you are weak, I know that you are not. But if you think for one second that I’m going to let you slip away from me ...”

“I’m not going anywhere, she promised.

That wasn’t strictly true. Very soon after this was asleep. Lex borrowed one of the laptops he kept there and worked next to her as she slept. Really she couldn’t be allowed to be by herself at a time like this.

~*~

“Are you going to humour me all day because you think that taking my to Metropolis somehow made me ill?” Chloe asked from where she still lay on her bed with Lex sitting next to her.

“Well they were very long hours and stressful meetings”, he defended himself, he wasn’t being over protective, “and I knew that I shouldn't have let you eat all of that crap”.

“Hey, you’re not the boss of -”

He raised an eyebrow.

“Well, you’re not. Your depressing life story doesn’t mean that you can’t try not to be quite so patronizing”, she said, they had already established that she didn’t want him sympathy or her clinging to him trying to hug the hurt right out of him.

He lowered his head to hers so that she could feel his hot breath against her skin, “If you want a best friend who isn’t going to hang onto you and protect you and try to keep you around for as long as humanly possible then run off and find Pete. If not shut up and behave yourself”.

He straightened up and found a pillow immediately dumped in his lap. He supposed that that was her take on a punishment. “Now now, that isn’t very nice”, he rebuked her, “you know that in the state you are in I cannot retaliate”, he moved it onto his other side.

“Well, could you at least give me that one back?”

He looked down to see that it was, in fact, the pillow that she had been using. He smiled but did as she requested, making sure that she was comfortable before starting again, “I’m not letting anything happen to you”.

“Good”, she reached out and patted him. “Can I have my laptop now, please?”

“You are not working today if you are ill”.

“Well then what am I supposed to do? I can’t just lie her like a big lump”, she complained.

“Does your head still ache?” He stroked her scalp as if that could relieve the ache.

“Yes”, she admitted grumpily.

“Then you are going to lie there like a lump”, he said decidedly going back to his work.

She lay there silently, pouting and thinking of a winning argument.

“You are really bored and are just being quiet because you don’t want to disturb me, aren’t you?” Lex sighed after a few minutes of the silent treatment.

“Yes”.

He reached over to the bedside table to draw out a pad of paper and pen, he knew that she kept there - just because he had helped her move in of course - and handed it to her.

“I don’t have any great ideas which cannot wait to be jotted down”, she admitted.

“Aw, I’m sure that you have one or two”, he coaxed.

“No”, normally she did but her head felt as if it were full of cotton wool. Well, cotton wool, porridge and pain to be more precise.

“Think of a devious plan to get Lana and Clark together, you can make mind maps, flow charts, detailed ...” He trailed off as he noted that she was already starting to scribble. Hopefully she would he happily occupied thus until she fell back to sleep again. One plan couldn’t put too much stress on her. He went back to working on his laptop, an hour later he stopped. “Alright, I have to know”.

“Know what”, she looked up from her pad which was now covered in her swirly writing.

“What you are doing?”

“Creating the plan”, she thought that he might be getting sick too. His brain didn’t seem to be working either.

“For an hour?”

“I like to be thorough”, she said with a shrug.

“Come on then, let’s see what you’ve got!” He looked at it and then the next page, and the next and the next. “God Chloe, people have gone to war with less information than this”.

“Well, I like to be prepared especially when considering the ramifications”. She knew that he was the same way.

“What?”

“That they find out”. Yep, he was definitely getting sick too.

“Doubtful, besides what are they going to do? Afraid that Clark will smack your bottom if you are naughty?” He rolled his eyes at her, “I think that he is probably used to you after this many years”.

“No of course not, Clark would never do something like that”, Chloe protested, blushing furiously.

“Probably why he can’t keep a woman”, he scoffed.

“That makes no sense”. She was going to make him take his temperature later, he was definitely coming down with something.

“That’s only because you’ve never had a decent fuck”, Lex dismissed her idea.

“Lex”, she was on the verge of delivering a stinging set down when he interrupted: “You admitted it yourself!” She bristled, “Yes, but there is no reason to rub it in when I’m feeling lousy”.

“I’m not rubbing it in, just mentioning it”, he smiled, “and you know that I am always happy to remedy that for you”, he teased.

She rolled her eyes, not taking him seriously for a second. “No thank-you, your method of love making sounds too rough for my liking”.

He smiled, “I’ve never had any complaints”

“Hmmm ...”

He paused, “Seriously though Chloe, anyone you are with should give it to anyway you want.”

“I’ll bear that in mind”. She lay and closed her eyes for a few seconds as he continued to read her pages but wanted to see his reactions. “So, what do you think?”

“Too many options, too many possibilities to fail. And I’m not sure how we are going to find a fourteen foot golf ball and make it look like a coincidence”, he started to list the difficulties with her plan.

“Well then, what do you suggest oh clever one?”

“Something simple. Something clean. Something easy.”

“Something ....”

“Something downright Lexian”, he gave an evil grin.

NS Senior Member Senior Member malugargula's Avatar

"“Something downright Lexian”, he gave an evil grin." - this is going to be fantastic lol
    Can't wait for more
    Malu

NS Full Member

can't wait to see what happens next.

A/N: Thank-you both!

Chapter Twenty-Two

“Operation Fairy God Mother is a go”, Chloe’s overly cheerful voice called to her co-conspirator.

“I am not a fairy”, Lex grumbled.

“Oh for goodness sake Lex. First of all, that if the name of the operation, it is not in any way related to my impression of you. Second of all, fairies are lovely and being likened to one should be taken as a compliment by anyone of taste. And”, she stressed the word to indicate that she was not done talking and that whatever witty/sarcastic retort was on the edge of his lips was of no interest to her, “third of all, we have more important things to worry about right now than your masculinity”.

“Is that all of the all?” He inquired dryly.

She pondered the question for a moment - mostly to vex him - before answering succinctly, “Yes”.

“Thank goodness for that”, he muttered, “and I am not worried about it”, he was never worried about anything as a matter of fact; Luthor’s did not worry. “I just like it acknowledged”.

“You know what they say about men who need everyone to know that they are virile and masculine, right?” She couldn’t help but tease him.

“Chloe -”

“Oh”, she cooed in delight, “only eight-thirty and I already got a growl, I’m certainly on form today”.

“You will get a damned sight more than a growl if you don’t knock it off”, he continued in a menacing tone. Honestly, the woman was exasperating at times. Well, most of the time actually. His trademark growl made women weak in their knees, fall into his bed and behave themselves. While it had never done either of the first two to Chloe she now appeared to developing some sort of immunity to its third property. “Meteor freak”, he muttered darkly; it was the only explanation.

“Fairy”, she responded without missing a beat.

“Right, that’s it”, there was the rustle of moving clothes heard as he rose to his feet.

“Don’t you dare Lex”, Chloe barked, “you stay right where you are. You are going to ruin this plan”. Her thoughts returning to their plan she realised that she had been speaking a little too loudly in her haste to make Lex behave himself and looked around nervously. Thankfully it was just after the start of school and the business day so there weren’t that many people there and the ones who were didn’t look to be fully awake yet. They certainly weren’t paying any attention to the small blonde girl sitting by and talking to herself.

“I don’t care about the plan”, Lex retorted sounding as if he were only a hair’s breadth away from chucking it all in and coming to find Chloe, which was probably because he was.

“Well, I do”, Chloe said in the most no nonsense tone she could manage whilst whispering. She was going to have to be more careful if this plan were to go the way that she intended. She peered around her once more just to check that she hadn’t attracted any more unwanted attention and took a sip of her coffee before pulling up the menu to her face so that she could speak into the pin on her jacket’s lapel unobserved. “So sit yourself back down”, she could tell from what she could hear through her earpiece that he had been moving around, “and try to behave yourself for once”.

She was fairly sure that she heard something that sounded like a snort coming through but presumed that it was some sort of static as Lex would never do something so undignified. Thinking of her earpiece, she reached up one hand to smooth her head down once more; just to check that nothing was showing. Nothing was. She supposed that it didn’t really matter tucked away as she was in the corner of The Talon - quite deliberately so that she could see Lana when she descended but would not be observed herself - with a menu covering her face, but better safe than sorry as she always said.

Well, actually, Chloe never said that. She was more the jump in with both feet and think about the consequences later type but she was trying to get better. Her father was already constantly worried about her and now Lex was turning into a mother hen so, ....

“Chloe”.

“Huh?”

“Did something happen or did you just get lost in thought?”

She rolled her eyes, she could hear the amusement in his tone. He knew well that nothing had happened and that she was just off in her own little world again - or Chloe Land as he liked to call it. “Bugger off”, she said, unimpressed by his knowledge of her character, then considering that they were on an official mission added, “over”. It only seemed correct as they were using a form of walkie-talkie.

“Watch your tone, over”, Lex replied instantaneously, without any apparent rancour.

“Behave yourself or we will be getting back into the code names discussion”, Chloe warned.

“You forgot to say over, over”, Lex said sounding very superior.

“Over”, she rolled her eyes once more and took a sip of her coffee, “There, feel better now?”

“Fantastically elated. Every problem that I have ever had or will ever have has been magically cured”, he assured her.

“Glad to hear it”, she replied for all the world as she believed him to be completely serious, and privately pleased that he had been the one who had ended up in the middle of the cold wet field now. It served him right if he was going to be stroppy.

“If we are going to do this then we might as well do it properly, over”, he said decidedly.

“I know, and can I just say how much I love your collection or spy gadgets”, Chloe said, for once not mocking him. “Oh, here she comes. This is even more fun with you around. We should do more top secret plans once this is over”. She babbled, her excitement brimming up.

“Let’s just make sure that this one goes well first”, Lex said, touched that she would want to share one of her favourite hobbies with him. While he hoped (and predicted) that the entire plan would go off without a hitch, it did cross his mind that if they got into trouble it would be two then that would make two hobbies that he had got to be a part of with her. “And remember there is a time limit”

“I know”, Chloe sighed, some of her excitement diminishing. Lex had made himself very clear the night before.

After she had bugged him about the plan for two hours straight and he had seen just how serious she was about not only going through with it but doing in the following morning, he had finally relented but not without giving her an unwelcome lecture on her health and under the strict proviso that 1) she would be back home by 10 am for her next dose of medicine, 2) that she would not do anything too strenuous, and 3) that he would be taking the role which required the longest amount of time out of doors.

He was far too overprotective and although she now understood why and had to admit that she wasn’t feeling great - she was running off excitement and Ready Brek -, it still bugged her. Thus, it was with a certain degree of snark that she said, “Over”.

“Good, what’s happening? Over”, Lex replied as if unaware that his partner in crime was focusing on his flaws.

Chloe lowered her menu cautiously and whispered into her button, “Barbie is on the move”.

“I thought that we decided that Lana’s name was going to be Helen”, he hadn’t liked it too much as it reminded him of an ex-girlfriend he would sooner forget, but it had seemed apt given the Trojan implications.

“I changed it last night”, Chloe said as if that explained everything.

“Ah”, he had to admit that - knowing Chloe as he did - he had hardly expected her not to meddle.

“She is heading for her car, no, she had doubled back to get a muffin”, Chloe kept him up-to-date with Lana/Barbie/Helen’s movements from where she was now hiding fully behind her menu, just in case. “Now she is .... No, it’s okay, she had thought better of sitting with the hoi palloi she’s got a coffee to go”.

At this point Lex decided that - as much as he liked to be in possession of all the facts and hated to leave any detail in anyone’s hands but his - he didn’t actually need to know everything that Lana did. “Okay, just tell me when she gets out of the door so that I have a control”. He didn’t really expect the tracker he had put underneath her car to fail, but it was always wise to double check.

“Okay okay don’t get testy”, Chloe huffed.

“I do have a company to run, you know”, he pointed out.

“You are the one who insisted on being involved in this project”, she reminded him. She was more than capable of doing a little thing like bringing two of their closest friends together.

“A. Your original plan wouldn’t have worked. B.You aren’t well enough C. You always get into trouble. D. I did not insist”, Lex said in that oh so calm and rational which made her want to punch him on the nose.

“Sure you didn’t”, Chloe declared and would have said a great deal more on the matter had Lana not saved him. “Oh she is out of the door now”.

“Great, do you have a visual?” He asked her to confirm.

“Yeah, just leaning around and making it look natural”, Chloe said as the menu dropped to the floor and she bent down to retrieve it, her hair falling in front of her face to obscure her features, just in case their target looked back for some reason.

“Natural”, he asked with a huff of derision, “while you are talking to yourself? Or are you talking to a menu?”

“A little from column a, a little from column b. But people are used to me. Besides, we are in Smallville”, she pointed out.

“Touché”, he couldn’t argue with the truth of that statement. Well, being Lex he probably could have, truth notwithstanding, but he chose not to.

“Okay, she is in the car”, Chloe announced.

“Brilliant. My tracker is reporting that she is taking off too, so everything is set”, he said with satisfaction.

“Yay”, Chloe almost clapped her hands, “they have chocolate muffins”.

“You are sick”, Lex reminded her, hardly thinking that chocolate muffins were the best option for someone who had already admitted - albeit begrudgingly - to having a very slightly tummy ache. He fully expected to get an ear full for this unsolicited care but none was forthcoming. His stomach knotted. “Chloe, Chloe, come in Chloe, what is wrong?” His heart-rate quickened. He knew that he was being ridiculous; she was in no danger, she was just in The Talon and he hadn’t heard the sound of anyone attacking her and she was only slightly under the weather. It was very unlikely that she would have collapsed from that and if she had there would have been some sort of sound. There were people around her, surely he would be able to hear someone coming to her rescue. Even as he thought this he found that he was on his feet and sprinting across the field of corn back towards his car heedless of the fact that he had potentially just blown his cover. In spite of what logic told him, he couldn’t help but remember that they were in Smallville and that Lex caring about someone could be tantamount to a death sentence.

He came to a stop just metres from his car, straining to hear, he was sure that there had been a sound like a door opening or something but then it was gone. “Chloe?” He shouted, not caring if he gave away his cover, her cover, the entire damned plan.

“Nothing”, Chloe’s voice came in loud and clear, unaware that she had been dead in Lex’s mind. “I was just covering. Someone was looking at me”.

“Right”, Lex constrained himself to the syllable, hoping that she would never know what a fool he had made of himself. He stared back out across the field of corn before him. He was exactly 2.3 miles away from the Kent’s farmhouse and just on the outskirts of their land towards the west - the direction in which the town of Smallville was located - and thankfully no one else was around. With a shake of his head he made his way back through the field and lay down on the rug he had laid out in the centre of the field. It was far enough away from where he had stashed the car to be able to see the main road, but far enough away not to be observed himself.

“Hang on a second”, Chloe said, once more into her button and then there was radio silence as she scurried along a road to where she was parked - too far from The Talon to give rise to any suspicion on Lana’s part. By the time that she was safely inside her car, Lex was back to where he was supposed to be, no one but himself aware of what an idiot he was. “Okay, I’m inside the car now. It is safe to talk freely”.

“Okay”, Lex said, for once glad of all of the brutal lessons his father had talk him over the years; he was now such a master at deception that he knew that Chloe could tell nothing was amiss from his voice. “Jonathan left for Metropolis yesterday to see his bank”. That bit had been especially fun to work into the plan. After all of the years that Lex had jumped through hoop after proverbially flaming hoop to satisfy that man only to be left with nothing, Papa Kent deserved to be run ragged. “Martha is the only one left”.

“Right, and I’m going to call her now and make sure that she is out”, Chloe said, they had already decided that as they both liked Martha they wouldn’t come up with any excuse to get her out of the house that would either make her worry or make her have to get up too early.

“Okay, let’s just hope that she believes it”, Lex replied.

“She will. Martha loves kids; if I tell her that the children’s centre in Metropolis called and they are running low on people then she will be off in a few seconds”, Chloe announced confidently.

“Alright, be careful”, he grimaced, that sounded far too concerned and caring. “Over”, he added just to have something else to say that would hopefully distract Chloe.

“Yes Sir Twinkle Toes, over”, she tried out one of the other code names she had been pondering for him.

“Chloe”, he growled, only to find that her end of the line was dead. It was amazing how he could go from panicking thinking that she might be hurt to wanting to throttle her in such a short time. This thought did nothing to dissuade him from his vow to get her back later though. Determined to follow protocol, he tapped his coms unit and said, “Over”.

~*~

Lex lay stretched out on his stomach, still dressed in his trade mark business suit in the middle of a Kansas corn field. The long stalks of maize immediately around him had been patted down in a circle to allow for the large, thick corn coloured blanket which he occupied to lie flat. His weight was on his elbows, as he stared through binoculars through the undergrowth to a patch of road which was barely visible ahead. Around him lay a collection of gadgets which would have made James Bond jealous and probably cost as much as the national debt. He really should have been guarding his goods but he was far too absorbed in what he was doing, easy prey to anyone who walked up. Or so it would appear.

He had been alone in the field for over an hour but now slow furtive steps brought another figure towards him from behind. Careful not to make a sound until ...

“It’s about time that you showed up”, Lex said, without bothering to alter his position in any way.

“Grumble grumble grumble, that might end up being your code name if you aren’t careful”, Chloe said as she plopped down on her bottom beside him.

“I can take you back home right now you know”, he announced, his eyes still focused straight ahead.

“Sure you can”, she rolled her eyes and lay down on her stomach next to him before reaching out to steal his binoculars. “So, what’s happening?”

Unfazed, Lex took out his second pair and took his time adjusting them before answering, “Martha left for Metropolis along this road mere minutes before Lana came by only to find that her car mysteriously stopped working”. As juvenile as it was, he couldn't resist giving his little gadget a conspiratorial smile, as if it were somehow aware and proud of the part that it had played. “Miss Lang is now in the process of calling for assistance”.

“I can’t believe that you have such cool toys”, Chloe repeated her declaration of jealousy from the night before. She looked at the mini computer in front of her. It was tiny and yet it could not only track any car that it’s partner was placed on, it could remotely stop the vehicle from working without fear of it causing an accident. It really was something else. Having one would have made her life in High School a lot easier.

“What can I say?” Lex said with a smug shrug, “I have to have the best”.

“Always need the support?” Chloe teased, unable to resist. A friendship with Lex had revealed not only that he had a dirty sense of humour but also the ability to impart it into others.

“Chloe”, the growl had returned. It had a little more effect up close, but not enough to keep her from taunting him.

“What?” She placed her binoculars on the ground for a second and turned her head to him so that he might get the full effect of her large innocent eyes and surprised expression. An expression which quickly broke into a wickedly knowing grin, “If you do have to use toys don’t think of it as a defeat. Or as an aspersion on your manhood. Just think of it as outsourcing. Ouch”.

“You deserved it”, Lex said without remorse. He had placed his own binoculars on the rug, feeling that it was a shame to miss one of Chloe’s patented innocent expressions. They really were a sight to behold, even if completely unbelievable.

“I need that for sitting on”, she complained.

“You should have thought of that before”, he said with a shrug.

“I’m not well”, she reminded him. Honestly, he found a way of ruining everything fun that she wanted to do. She was either too ill to do it or not ill enough to merit special treatment.

“Fine, I’m sorry”, he pulled her over and kissed her slightly fringe obscured forehead. “But if this gets Clark the girl he wants, it is worth it all right ?”

“Sure”, Chloe agreed good-naturedly now that he had apologised, “Plus all of the pre-Mean Lex fun. Oh”, her attention was drawn back to the scene before them, “what’s happening?”

With a smile Lex pulled his binoculars back up to his face like Chloe had and observed Clark’s arrival. He didn’t bother to answer her question, assuming that it had not actually been directed at him as she was well aware that he had been staring at her rather than the road and as such could offer no helpful insight into the situation.

“You are a genius”, Chloe grinned with glee, “she went right to Clark, she does love him”.

“Sure”, Lex didn’t mention that she had actually called him first and he had just ignored the call. Or the fact that Lana immediately getting out of her car to go and interact with her rescuer could have had more to do with necessity that affection.

“But she looks so tense”, Chloe announced as she strained to interpret what was going on between the pair.

“Yeah, here’s audio”, Lex agreed as he pressed a button on his magical computer.

“You rigged up audio?” Chloe declared with admiration and a little too much volume. She quickly glanced back over at the road but was pleased to see that the paramours were too busy with each other to have notice. “That is so cool!” She whispered, even though there was no need to be quite that quiet.

Lex grinned at her, unsure of how she was able to make even the most ridiculous and childish of situations entertaining. He moved closer to her so that they would have as close to the same perspective as possible before deciding that lying like that put too much pressure on his lower extremities and that they could safely sit up in the corn field without risking detection.

Chloe stayed lying down but did shift her weight from elbow to elbow indicating that maintaining this position was putting some stress on her. His hand automatically went to her back, rubbing between her shoulder blades where he guessed that the tension had built up. He didn’t want to keep her out too long. If they didn’t make up soon he might forget all about the plan and just march over there and demand that they work it out.

While one hadn continued its massage the other used the binoculars to focus on the errant couple only to find that his eyes kept being drawn back to Chloe’s face and was distressed to note her growing agitation. That was it, he was beating some sense into both of them. They didn’t have to like each other but by God they wouldn’t upset Chloe again.

“Come on”, he leant down to whisper to her. Knocking their heads together still sounded like the best idea to him, but that would keep Chloe outside for too long.

Chloe turned over onto her back to stare up at him. “They aren’t together yet”

“Sweetie, they aren’t going to get together. They are arguing”, the limited audio feed they were getting wasn’t great - apparent;y he hadn’t been clear enough with Chloe on exactly how to attach it to the car -, but the words being thrown around coupled with their expressions boded exceedingly ill for their future happiness.

“That could just be sexual tension”, Chloe tried hopefully.

“No, just arguing. Clark came to save her and she picked a fight with him”, Lex summed up the situation.

“But maybe ...”

“No, Chloe, this is not going to work and I’m not leaving you outside with a chill in the air for nothing. Come on”, he could see that she was about to take umbrage at his well meaning directive, “ I’ll make you some hot chocolate”.

“Fine, but this isn’t over”. She wanted a marshmallow too!

~*~

“I can’t believe that that didn’t work”, Chloe groused, slumping down onto the sofa with her hot chocolate.

“I told you that you can’t force chemistry”, Lex joined her with his own equally steaming, but less sweet, and more highly caffeinated beverage.

“If that is your attitude I can always find another sidekick”, Chloe reminded him. His defeatist attitude was not going to help her with planning out the next phase of their attack.

“I’m your sidekick?” Lex took issue with the term used to describe him (her best friend and co-conspirator) rather than taking her, none too veiled, threats to replace him seriously.

“Would you prefer evil minion?” She offered charitably only to be met with an exceedingly dirty look. She remained unfazed and unrepentant. “Sidekick it is then”, she smiled, her mood ever so slightly lightened. “I am sorry though”.

Lex raised an eyebrow; that didn’t sound like her. If bouncing was what Tiggers did best. Teasing Lex was what Chloe’s did best. Well, that and just driving him crazy in general.

“Not about the minion crack”, she would never apologise for that. Honestly, what was the world coming to if you couldn’t refer to your minion as your minion? What did he want to be called? Was there even a P.C. Term for minion? Servile dependent? Devoted follower? Underling? Subordinate? He who does as I say ... if he knows what’s good for him? She was just about to try to think of something better when she realised that there had actually been a point before she had got distracted. She thought hard and finally picked up the thread of the conversation, “I’m sorry that your plan didn’t work out”.

“Well now let’s just put this into perspective”, Lex paused to take a sip of his drink before placing the mug down on a coaster on the coffee table. “I wasn’t actually interested in their relationship, I didn’t want to be involved, I was just trying to tweak your plan”.

“Meaning?”

“Meaning that my plan didn’t fail”, he decided.

“Please”, Chloe exclaimed, pronouncing the word as if it had two syllables and were spelled puh-lease.

“It didn't”, he argued, determined to make his point.

“So, if you don’t win then it wasn’t you plan in the first place? Is that your point?” Chloe asked, putting her own cup alongside his so that she could turn around on the settee to give him her full attention

“Quite right”, he replied loftily, “it couldn’t have been because my plans never fail”.

“Come on”, she sounded, and indeed was, incredulous.

“They don’t”, he stated simply. “If I decide that I want something then I decide what value I am willing to attach to the outcome. Once that has been decided I form a plan and I get what I want”.

“Arrogant git”, she summed up his attitude, “if it meant so little to you then you should have let me use my plan”.

“Chloe, it just wasn’t practical. You have to keep it simple. Lana is a princess and seems to enjoy being in distress .Clark likes saving people”.

In spite of her resolution to be peeved with him to teach him a lesson for his bumptiousness, Chloe could could not help but smile at his depiction of their friends.

“So the solution was obvious: cause a disaster. They could both do what they do best and it would get them talking again. Besides, there is nothing like a crisis to bring people together”. Really, it was an excellent plan. It should have worked.

“I know, sweetie”, Chloe reached out and patted his hand.

“Well”, he chuckled ruefully, “that’s a better code name than any of the other ones you came up with”.

“What was wrong with pink flamingo?” She asked as if she genuinely could not fathom why any man wouldn’t want to be likened to a pink bird with a big beak.

“Chloe -” He really needed to work on his growling ability; it seemed to be loosing efficacy with every passing hour.

“Care bear?”

“Chloe”.

“I know”, she clapped her hands, “snuggle bug”.

“Right”, he decided, “if you are well enough to tease me then you are well enough to answer for your actions”. He launched himself at her just as he heard another voice declaring thoughtfully: “I always liked the name Chloe Bear”.

A/N: Can you guess who it is?

Chapter Twenty-Three

“Chloe bear?” Lex repeated the name. He knew that he knew that name and that voice but, for a second, he couldn’t think why. Chloe apparently had no such difficulties figuring out who the speaker was.

“Daddy”, she gasped as she tried to jump up only to find herself squashed up against Lex.

“Hello sweetheart”, her father’s face leant down over them both from the back of the settee. “What are you doing down there? That isn’t how we rested and got plenty of fluids back in my day”.

“That’s what I told Lex but would he listen?” Chloe said with an expression and in a voice far too innocent to be deceptive or believable.

Her father beamed down at her, deciding that naughtiness was one of the key signs of health. At least in his daughter.

“Hello Gabe”, Lex greeted as he sat back up suavely and pulled Chloe along with him. “It’s been a long time”.

“Four and a half years, but who’s counting?” Gabe replied extending his hand to his former boss.

Lex laughed, “So what brings you back to Kansas from the sunny climes of Florida?”

“My very own ray of sunshine, otherwise known as Chloe, or this ragamuffin here”, the obviously adoring father reached down to kiss the crown of Chloe’s blond head and give her a proper hug, now that there wasn’t a billionaire lying on top of her. “I’ve been worried for the last six weeks”, he started his explanation.

Lex didn’t know why - while Gabe had always been a good plant manager and Lex had respected him, he had never been overly concerned about the inner workings of the man’s brain before - but he was glad to hear that. Six weeks was far longer than Chloe had been there with him. Her father had not picked up on any latent unhappiness or problems that she might be hiding from him.

“I was actually on the verge of going up to Boston”, Gabe continued, unaware of the billionaire’s musings, “when Chloe called to say that she had moved down here. I’m so glad to hear that she got a good job. You hear such terrible things about graduates being left unemployed for months, or being forced into jobs that are beneath them with no security, and/or getting themselves into a terrible amount of debt”, he fixed his daughter with a hard (at least for an old softie like Gabe) and searching look. “And yet she didn’t want to come down to Florida to be with her Daddy”.

“It would have been career suicide”, she reminded him, “There aren’t enough jobs there in my field”.

“True, but housing, lasagne and cuddles are all plentiful”, he smiled at her. He knew of his daughter’s need to stand on her own two feet and he respected it, but that didn’t stop him from wishing sometimes that she would be more like everyone else in the world and let him protect her. She didn’t need to carry the weight of the world of her shoulders but if she wasn’t careful then that was exactly what she would be doing for the rest of her life and eventually - however strong she was - it would crush the life right out of her.

“I’m fine here”, she assured him with a pat of the hand and a smile. If he didn’t start worrying about her less he was going to give himself a heart attack. Her father had always been the type to carry the weight of the world on his shoulders, Chloe reflected, and if he didn’t let her take some of it from him then it would crush him, however strong he was.

“So I see”, Gabe looked around. “Nice place you have here”, he came and sat down next to his daughter. “I especially like the fact that you clearly have a maid”. He knew his little angel far too well to believe that she was responsible for keeping it in such good order, even if he hadn’t been let in by a member of the cleaning staff.

“That is the only way that she can keep her clothes off the floor”, Lex joked, then realised how it sounded. He opened his mouth to correct himself but then shut it again as Gabe replied - in a manner that made it clear that the idea of Chloe being anything less than a paragon of virtue had never crossed his mind -; “I certainly never managed it”.

“Hey, I’m just obeying the house rules”, Chloe defended herself.

“Which are?”

“One:” she held up her index finger and began to recite for the (one partial and one fully fledged) neat freaks in her life, “do not make your bed until after 5:00 PM. Two:” a second finger joined the first, “do not touch the dishes in the sink until it's overflowing, and three:” she waved three fingers under both of their noses, “contrary to my dad's protestations”, she took a moment to nudge her father, “your bedroom floor is definitely a closet”.

“All but the last one are absolutely true”, he conceded. He had never been very strict about housework figuring that Chloe already had enough on her plate.

“All of them are true”, she argued.

“How do you figure that?” The only one he had ever complained about was the clothes on the floor. It was a health hazard. She was barely compos mentis before her first (couple) of cups of coffee in the morning. Having to navigate her way thought a maze cum obstacle course was just asking for trouble.

“My house my rules”, Chloe revealed her winning hand.

“Ah”, he had never used that phrase himself when she had been living under the roof that technically yes he was the one paying for. He had just never thought of it as being his house. It had been their home. His and his little Chloe Bear’s. Still, he was aware that some other, far stricter, parents followed that credo. “I will endeavour to live by your rules while I am here then”, he said, magnanimously.

Chloe smiled and leant over to hug his arm, “How long are you hear for?”

“A fortnight?” He hadn’t really given the matter any thought, he had just heard that she wasn’t well over the phone and booked the next flight out unable to be persuaded by his new wife that Chloe would be just fine. “It depends how long it takes for you to get better and for us to have some quality father-daughter time”.

“A fortnight sounds good”, she agreed, that was nice and long.

“I thought so too”, he wrapped an arm around her shoulders before enquiring, “So, what is that you have actually been up to?” He looked from one face to the other. Lex’s remained calm and composed whilst Chloe’s expression turned decidedly guilty.

“We went to Metropolis last week - I think that Chloe over did it a bit.” Lex proceeded to go into detail - as much as was legally possible - about Chloe’s job and responsibilities.

Gabe looked impressed, so did Chloe. Lex was making her role sound far more important than it was.

“Very impressive but then again I always knew that she was going to set the world on fire”, Gabe said proudly. He had been maintaining that she was genius since her first kick. Well, before actually but that was his first piece of concrete evidence.

“Well, we will try to keep any pyromaniacal tendencies under wraps. For now”, Lex smiled over at him. “Actually, I should get going now that there is someone to sit with you”.

“Alright, have a good day and stop fussing over me”, Chloe dismissed him.

Lex just gave her a smile and Gabe a wave.

“Bye Snuggle Bug”, Gabe called.

Lex turned around and Chloe sniggered.

“What, wasn’t that his code name?” Gabe asked, revealing that he had a heard more of their conversation than he had previously let on.

“One of the potential ones I was trying out, yes”, Chloe grinned.

“No”, Lex said sternly.

“What code name do you want then?” Chloe asked kindly.

“Warrior Angel?” He said after pondering for a second.

“Yeah, that works”, Chloe agreed.

“Big head”, Gabe rolled his eyes.

“I’ve missed you Dad”, Chloe said, snuggling up against his arm.

“I’ve been able to bear the separation quite cheerfully”, Lex called out as he left, closing the front door behind him.

“You know that he missed me and my jokes really”, Gabe smiled, “so, how are you really doing dumpling?”

“I’m fine Daddy”.

“Really?” He tested her temperature with his hand. “You’re still rather warm”.

“You’re worse than Lex”, she lamented.

“How so?”

“He has been fussing over me like a mother hen too”. Honestly any more of this and she was going to go out of her mind.

“Good”.

~*~

Lex dithered, not sure what he was supposed to be doing at the end of his working day. Finally he grabbed something as a ‘gift’, told himself not to be such a kitten - or something to that effect - and headed over to Chloe’s.

As he walked the few hundred metres from the main house to the guest one he felt butterflies fluttering in his stomach which was ridiculous and gave him the strong desire to kill them with a bottle of scotch or just to smash his head against a brick wall. This relationship with Chloe was going to cost him his sanity at this rate. It was a good job that the maid opened the door immediately before he did something drastic.

Lex barely got through the door when his nostrils were assaulted with the gorgeous smell of Italian cooking. His stomach grumbled so loudly that he was worried that he might have woken up Chloe wherever she was napping. He tip toed through the hallway looking around for a sign of Chloe and was relieved when he saw Lex popping his head around the corner from the kitchen and beckoning him over - he would know where Chloe was.

Gabe pointed in the direction of the main living room where they had been earlier and Lex noticed the top of a blonde head poking up over the sofa and the sound of frantic typing. Apparently Gabe was nowhere near as strict as Lex but he let it go and continued in to the kitchen.

“Finally”, Gabe said in a hushed whisper until the door was closed. He made his way back into the centre of the kitchen to the island covered in pots, pans and garlic bread. “It’s about time that you showed up, only 20 minutes until dinner”. He paused, “What’s that?”

“I brought over a book that Chloe wanted”, Lex said, showing him the volume.

Gabe looked unimpressed. “You know, your name has come up a few times in conversation lately”, he said as he began to toss a salad.

“Really?” Lex inquired, trying to sound neutral.

“Really, which knowing my daughter means that you two have been spending a lot of time together. I can’t count the number of times that your name has been mentioned, a joke that you have told has been repeated, or she has had to go to dinner with you”, Gabe finished with the salad.

“She’s been here less than a month so it couldn’t be that many”, Lex calculated.

“Well, maths never was my strong point”, Gabe shrugged the matter off.

“That fills me with confidence considering the role you used to have in my company”, Lex rolled his eyes.

“The point is”, the father got a large knife out to cut a carrot and to ensure that Lex’s attention, “seeing how close you have become with my daughter, I think that the gift idea to get a dinner invitation is a bit weak”.

“I wasn’t ...”

“And if Chloe hears about it she will probably try to shove this somewhere”, he wiggled his knife towards the offending article.

“And that would bother you?” Lex asked dryly.

“Certainly”, Gabe nodded, “she is convalescing”.

Lex let out a huff of laughter. “Your concern is touching”.

“I know, I’m just too damned nice for my own good”, Lex said with a sigh, “Now, hide that book before Chloe sees it and then go and detach her from the computer”.

“I am only one man”, Lex joked but did as he was told. An odd feeling for Lex. But he didn’t want Chloe disgruntled while she was ill. The sound of Gabe’s laughter followed Lex through into the living room.

“Hey there, I see that you are in direct defiance of the doctor’s orders”, he announced his presence.

“You are not a doctor Lex”, Chloe said, looking up and smiling at him. Not seeming at all surprised at seeing him.

“It’s just an expression”, he sat down next to her and put an arm around her shoulders.

“Yes, an expression about a doctor”, Chloe rolled her eyes at him.

“I could be a doctor”, he retorted.

“No you couldn’t, you don’t even have your undergrad”, she protested.

“I was barely five credits away”, he informed her dryly.

“I know”, she smirked knowingly, “which seeing as you spent the entire time partying and drinking (from what I hear) is rather impressive”.

He gave her a look which clearly said, “I am pretty impressive”.

Chloe just rolled her eyes at him and then went back to her screen.

“What are you working on? Another attempt at world domination?” Lex asked, moving his head closer to hers to see.

“No, my actual job”, she turned the screen slightly to let him see.

“I told you that you didn’t have to do that”, he said trying to keep his voice soft and calm, trying to smother the authority which was pricking up inside him.

“I know, but it is my job and I do like doing it and I’m not really sick just a little under the weather”, she justified..

“Still, I worry about you”, he gave her squeeze.

“I know, but I worry about you worrying about me which makes you worry so ... You should stop worrying. For both our goods”, she explained, resting her head on his shoulder.

He smiled, “Worryingly, that all made sense to me”.

“I’ve been educating you”, she smirked.

“If that’s the way you chose to see it”, he looked over his shoulder, Gabe was still safely in the kitchen, “Either way, I have been sent to get you away from your laptop before dinner”.

“Did you tell him that you were only human?”

“Pretty much”.

“Did he pay any attention to that?” She asked, saving her work.

“No”.

“I didn’t think that he would”, Chloe said with a sigh as closed down and placed her beloved laptop on the coffee table. She straightened up and stretched her back resulting in a series of extremely satisfying cracks.

Before Lex could say a word, Gabe’s dulcet tones floated through the lower portion of the house (and possibly part of the upstairs as well) “Kiddie-winks, grub’s up”.

“Kiddie-winks?

“Well, what did you expect him to say? Delightful ravishing creatures and bald billionaires?”

~*~

“So”, Gabe said, stretching out his legs in front of him as he sat down with a glass of scotch in Chloe’s living room. “That was a pleasant dinner, I think that Chloe was looking a bit better. Although I don’t think that she has willing gone to bed at 8pm for years”.

“Probably not”, Lex agreed, “she is definitely more poorly than she likes to let on”.

“Yup, but that’s my little Chloe Bear”, the Bear’s father said ruminatively, “have I told you about the time that she stuck a Philadelphia sandwich up my nose?”

Lex pulled a face as if he were trying not to laugh, “No, I don’t believe that you have”.

“I wasn’t very well one day - Chloe would have been about 4 years old - and I got her lunch but couldn’t stomach anything myself. I had a nap after that with Chloe playing quietly on the rug with her toys, or so I thought. Apparently she was worried that I hadn’t had lunch so she thought that she would make me a Philadelphia sandwich - the only thing she could make - and tried to feed it to me while I was asleep without waking me up”.

“I can’t imagine that that would have gone too well”, Lex sniggered under his breath.

“Nope, half of it smeared across my face, the other half up my nose”, he grinned.

“Yep, that sounds like Chloe. Did it help to cure you?” Lex wondered.

“Oh yes, well it was either that or the cuddles”, scientists had yet to make up their minds.

Lex just smiled.

Gabe studied him for a few seconds. “Don’t think that I didn’t notice the looks. What else has been going on?”

Lex sighed and leant back in his chair.

Gabe kept his eyes fixed on his face, calmly waiting.

Lex took a swing of his scotch and then answered simply, “Clark”.

“That little punk”, Gabe snarled.

Lex almost choked as he tried to keep scotch from coming out of his nose, it wasn’t an entirely pleasant experience. No one ever disliked Clark; he was always a hero.

“Alright?”

“Yeah, I’ll be fine”, Lex cleared his sinuses, “I was unaware that you didn’t like Clark”.

“Hmm, probably thought that I didn’t know about him either”, Gabe grumbled.

In truth, Gabe’s feelings about the young man had very rarely crossed his mind.

“Or that I would naturally approve of him”, the elder of the two men continued to grouse.

“Most parents do”, Lex informed him.

“Yes yes I know. He saves a couple of dozen people and suddenly a hero”, he rolled his eyes.

“That’s how it generally works, yes”.

Gabe rolled his eyes, “Sure, in between breaking little girls’ hearts”.

“Chloe was hardly a little girl and I’m surprised that she spoke to you about ...” he gestured, “that stuff”.

“Oh, she didn’t”, she would never have done something like that. “Chloe’s not the type to show when she had been hurt. But that doesn’t mean that I didn’t know. Smug little bastard with his “Good afternoon Mr Sullivan, how do you do Mr Sullivian, is Chloe in Mr Sullivan”. I wanted to bash his pretty face in. Floppy haired prick”.

Lex grinned, “I feel that I should defend him, somehow. I’m not really sure why”.

“That’s because you are overly loyal”.

“That’s a kind way of putting it”.

“Yeah well, I don’t want that crap starting up again. She is too good for him, she always was”, Gabe crossed one arm over his chest and scowled at his drink.

“You won’t get any arguments from me”, Lex assured him.

“Besides she now has a degree etc, she can’t spend her entire life on a farm mooning after him”, he groused.

“Again, no arguments from me. But what do you want me to do about it?” Chloe was hardly going to take it kindly if either he or her father started to meddle in her life.

“Damn it”, he snapped, “Lex be a man and make her forget about that berk”.

“And how exactly would I go about doing that?” He inquired, amused.

“Be all suave and sophisticated and show her bits of the world she hasn’t seen and ... You sly little bugger”, he said, with no small degree of admiration. “I take it that that trip to Metropolis had more to it than just business”.

“It was a perfectly practical business arrangement, I assure you”, Lex said.

“I’m sure that it was”, Gabe didn’t look or sound particularly convinced.

“And Chloe and I are just friends”, the billionaire stated firmly.

“I never implied anything else, but you don’t want to watch her throwing her life away on Clark, do you? Or in a mediocre job? Or here?”

“No, no and no”, Lex agreed.

“Good, now”, he fixed Lex with an even more penetrating gaze, “tell me the truth”.

“I wasn’t aware that I had been lying to you”, he raised an eyebrow, but Gabe refused to be quelled.

“She didn’t have a job when she came here, did she?”

Lex sniffed. “That is something that you should talk to her about. You have a good relationship”.

“Yes we do and as such she always wants to protect me”.

Lex sighed, “No, she didn’t have a job. Or a place to live. Or any money in her savings account. Or a working car”. There was a pause for several seconds. “It’s not something that she has to worry about any more. She does amazing work, she will never be without a well paying job again”.
    Gabe nodded with a smile of gratitude, then added tiredly, “What am I going to do with that girl or mine?”

“Well, I’ve had a few ideas.”

Gabe raised an eyebrow at him.

NS Full Member

can't wait to see what happens.and what ideas does lex have concerning chloe

Chapter Twenty-Four

Chloe loved her father but she had to get out of the house. Between her father’s pandering and Lex’s fussing she was going to go crazy. She bundled up in far more layers than was strictly necessary and took her cell phone - just to keep the peace - and then went out for a walk.

‘Going out for a walk’ was not a particularly common pastime in Smallville Kansas. It wasn’t like in Metropolis where there were loads of things to see on the walk or in the English countryside where the landscape varied with every passing step. The Kansas country side was yellow. Yellow. Yellow. And, you’ve guest it, yellow.

She plodded her way through four fields of corn before she finally saw some greenery, only smattered with bits of yellow.

“I suppose that if your livelihood depends on it then it is a nice sight”, she mused to herself as she made her way back towards the road. Unfortunately Chloe’s sense of direction was absolutely terrible and she though that she would probably end up lost if she just went across country.

“That’s all I need”, she thought, “having to call Dad or Lex to tell them that I am lost. Dad would run around like a headless chicken and Lex would be out in the helicopter with a GPS unit”. There was no getting around it, the two men in her life where worriers.

In spite of herself she couldn’t help but giggle at the mental image of the entire army being call out just to fund her because she had got lost in a corn field. She was going to have to do something about both of them. Maybe once her Dad saw that her life was going well then he would worry less and Lex, well, Lex needed a woman in his life to take his mind of Chloe.

She wondered who she could, “Bloody hell!” She shouted as she jumped several feet in the air at the sound of a car horn. She whirled around to see who the shockingly rude individual was only to see a very familiar red truck.

“Sorry”, Clark apologised as he left the motor running but jumped out of his vehicle with a sheepish expression. “I didn’t mean to make you jump like that”.

“God Clark, give a girl some warning in future”, her hand went to her chest but she wasn’t displeased to see him.

“Are you alright?”

“Sure, I mean, you’ve knocked about fifty years off my life but other than that ...”

“No, I meant, you are walking along the side of the road. I didn’t see a car behind me. Did something happen? I thought that you had a new company car that actually worked”.

She decided that she could forgive him. The concern coming from him was adorable not annoying as it was with some other people she could mention. “I’m fine”, she assured him with a warm smile, “I’m just”, she raised her arms out to the side to indicate that she was just outside.

“You aren’t investigating something that you shouldn't be, are you?” The look of concern did not leave his features.

“No”.

“Something that you should be investigating, according to you?” He checked.

“No”, she protested with a laugh. In some ways he was so much easier to talk to than Lex; his ‘what are you up to?’ look was would have been easy to withstand even if she had been doing something wrong.

He didn’t look entirely convinced.

“Really Clark”, she laughed, “I’m fine. I’m just out for a walk”. He was getting as bad as her Dad and Lex but in his case she found it rather adorable. “I needed some air”, she added, by way of explanation.

“Right, well, can I convince you to cut your walk short?” He asked looking a little sheepish.

“Of course you can”, Chloe smiled at him.

He grinned back down at her and walked her around to the other side of his truck, opening the door for her and closing it after her. Once he was back in and they had started driving - Chloe presumed they were going to the Kents’ farm house judging by the direction in which they were heading - she asked, “So, what have you been up to?”

“Oh, you haven’t heard then, I take it?” Clark glanced over at her.

“Heard what?” She kept her face neutral. She was genuinely interested in what he had been doing recently in general but it was also the perfect time to start to ask about Lana and whether or not they had got back together. She hoped that they had.

“Lana’s car broke down yesterday”, he started slowly.

“Really?” Chloe endeavoured not to sound too surprised as that was always a dead give away.

“Yeah, apparently she was on her way to see Lex when her car just stopped working”, he expanded on the story.

Chloe looked interested just in case he looked over at her.

“She called him but he didn’t answer so she called me”, he went on.

“She didn’t think to call a tow truck?” She asked. Clark was silent which she would take that as a no. “So, you two have .... made up?”

“You noticed that then?” He couldn’t imagine that she hadn’t, it was rather obvious.

“I think that half of the ball game noticed”, she replied lightly.

“I’m sorry, we didn’t mean to ruin a lovely evening”.

“You didn’t”, she knew how hard Clark had been trying to remain civil. It had been Lana to want to continuously cause a scene. “Besides, I don’t think that you could have beaten Lex’s end of evening hysterics”.

“Yeah, they were rather impressive”, he replied with a nervous laugh. “I was worried that he was going to kill someone at one point. Anyway”, he paused, “I’m sorry that I didn’t call”.

“What are you talking about?” Chloe wondered.

“Yesterday”. When Chloe still didn’t appear to know what he was talking about, he elaborated, “I wanted to call you as soon as I got home to check that you were alright but then I thought that it would be too late, then I wasn’t sure if you would be up the following morning and then well, all of the stuff with Lana. I wanted to call”.

“Don’t worry about it, I got your message yesterday afternoon and it wasn’t anything serious”, she shrugged it off. What did it matter if he had been a little late calling? Clark had always been forgetful. Except where Lana was concerned.

“I didn’t call yesterday afternoon”, he said, quietly.

“Oh”.

“I’m ...”

“Lex told me that you had”, she sounded shocked.

“I didn’t. I would have but I’ve been busy and ... It’s not that I didn’t want to but Lex seemed to have it all under control and ...”

“Clark, don’t worry about it, I’m not mad. I’m just wondering why Lex said that you had called when you didn’t”.

“Maybe he got the message mixed up?” Clark suggested, “Maybe it was Lana”.

“Maybe”, she said thoughtfully. Lex didn’t get mixed up. At least, not in her experience. She pondered this as she looked out of the window, corn was not that much more interesting when it was flying passed the window either.

“Um”, Clark broke the silence, “have you spoken to Lana?”

“Lana?” Chloe looked back over at him in mild surprise, “No. Why?”

“No reason, I just thought that she might have called you to apologise, or see if you were okay or you know just to talk”.

“No”, she replied with a shake of her head. “The last time that I saw her was on Sunday evening”.

“Oh, right. I was just wondering”.

They relapsed into silence.

“Is there something that you would like to talk about, Clark?”

“No, I’m fine”, he declined politely.

“Come on, I already have one mysterious and annoying man in my life”, Chloe prodded.

“Does Lex know how you refer to him?” Clark wondered.

“Oh that, he would consider that polite”, she smiled.

Clark shot her a smile. “It’s nothing. Things have just been ... confusing lately”.

“I’m not trying to pry”.

He shot her a look.

“What?” She blinked at him, “Oh, okay, this is because I spent over a year trying to poke my nose into your private life. People can change”.

He laughed and shook his head.

“I repeat. I am not trying to pry, but maybe it would help if you were to talk about it?” She suggested mildly.

“It’s just”, he sought for the words. “Did you think that it would be easy?”

“What?”

“Life, you know meet someone, fall in love, marriage and its all great”.

“Sure”, she shrugged. In spite of what her Dad had been through, she had always believed him when he said that she would find someone marvellous in university. She hadn’t. But she hadn’t completely lost hope.

“You know I’ve been in love with Lana since the first time I saw her.”

“Really?”

“Yeah. It took my parents a while for the adoption process to go through - as you know - but finally they took me into the centre of Smallville, I was so excited. I wanted to go everywhere and see everything and we went to get some flowers for Mom and I saw her”.

“Wearing a princess costume?” Possibly that was unkind.

“No, a pink dress”, his voice still filled with wonderment at the memory.

“Of course”.

“She was just so beautiful, so ethereal. I was shy but I went over to say hi and fell”.

“In love?”

“No, flat on my face. She smiled, then I fell in love”. He clarified.

“That’s a sweet story”, she couldn’t laugh at it. She had fallen in love on her first day at Smallville Junior High. Clark had walked up to her, smiled at her from under slightly shaggy dark curls, with huge blue eyes and introduced himself. It had only got worse when she had found out that he wasn’t actually Armish, that he had a nice family and that he was smart and kind.

“You think that I am stupid and sentimental?” Clark brought her back to the present.

“No, I think that you are incredibly sweet and that she is a fool if she doesn’t love you back”, she gave him an encouraging smile.

“I think that she does. She says that she does but ... It’s just not working any more”.

“Why not? You’re both in the same area. Both single. That’s impressive for you two”, she pointed out.

“I don’t know”, he sighed as they moved up to the Kent’s farmhouse.

“Hey, don’t worry. I’m sure that it is all going to work out”, she said, reaching and patting his hand.

“Thanks”.

“You know what you need?” Chloe asked perkily.

“Do I want to know?” He asked as he turned the car off and gave her his full attention.

“A full afternoon of patented Chloe fun, like we used to do in junior high. No thoughts of careers, or love or anything else. Fun. Forced fun if need be!”

He grinned, “sounds good to me, although I think I need to handle something in the barn first, but that will only take a few minutes”.

“I can help”, Chloe offered.

“No, you stay inside it’ll only take me a couple of minutes”, Clark got out and walked her into the house and checked that she was comfy before dashing out to the barn.

~*~

“Clark, is that you?” Martha called from upstairs seconds after her son had left.

“No Mrs Kent, it’s me Chloe. Clark just went to finish something off in the barn. Would you like me to go and get him?” His young blonde companion replied.

“Chloe?” Martha called back, sounding pleasantly surprised. “No thank-you dear I was just wondering”, she came down the stairs without making any noise. Chloe never could work out how she managed it. “Clark’s gone out to do some chores and left you here all by yourself? Honestly, I don’t know where he learnt his manners some times”.

“It wasn’t arranged, he just saw me walking along and ...” She didn’t know what I think that he needs some cheering up”.

“Ah yes, the Lana fiasco rears its ugly head again”, Martha said tiredly.

Chloe blinked. That had to be the first time that anyone had ever used the words Lana and ugly in the same sentence. Maybe even the same paragraph.

“The sooner that those two either decide to make up or break up the better”, Martha said with a surprising amount of candour. “No mother wants to watch her son pining away”.

“I don’t think that he is pining, just”, Chloe, still shocked, sought for the words, “confused and a little sad”.

“You didn’t see him during University”, Martha shook her head guilty, reaching out to the young woman as she noted her guilty expression. “I didn’t say that to make you feel bad, sweetheart. It is natural that friends grow apart during university, I would have been so angry if you had gone to MetU when you had such a good opportunity. I be perfectly frank, I am angry with Clark for going there”.

“It is a good school”, Chloe pointed out, “you are Mr Kent went there, didn’t you?”

“True, but there are just so many other places in the world. He got in elsewhere but Lana said that she might stay in Metropolis so he stayed. But then she left for abroad. He was about ready to move when she came back, not able to cut it abroad and then Clark had to pick up the pieces”, Martha said. She had been so disappointed.

“But she makes him happy”, Chloe pointed out. She had given up trying to pretend that there was anyone else in the world (okay, her) that could make him happy. Clark loved Lana and that was all that there was to it.

“I wouldn’t be complaining if she did”, she shook her head as if realising that she was speaking out loud. “I shouldn’t be saying any of this at all”.

Chloe opened her mouth to tell her not to worry about it, but was interrupted, “I just wish that he would fall in love with someone else. Someone kind and smart and driven and strong. Someone like you”.

Chloe stared at her in surprise.

“Shall we get some hot chocolate?” Martha enquired as if unaware of what she had just said and the chaos it was to spawn.

~*~

Clark drove Chloe back up to the Luthor guest house, the two of them still laughing. “God I’ve missed you. We have to do this more often”. The words were barely out of Clark’s mouth when he was forced to an abrupt stop as two men tore out of Chloe’s house and over to the car.

“Damn it Clark your watch must be slow”, she muttered as she observed the lunatics.

“I don’t always remember to wind it”, he admitted, “what’s the problem?”

“Lex has come over - so it must be five or after - and has noticed that I’m not there”, she sighed, “which means that he and Dad are ...”

“Chloe, are you alright? What happened? Why ...” Lex’s strident tones could be heard very clearly through the glass.

“I’m fine Lex”, she replied with a sigh. “I just went out of a walk. I wasn’t aware that I needed to check in with you”.

“You know that you don’t”, he said as he opened her door for her, “I was just worried”.

“Well you had no need to be”, she said but gave him a hug.

Gabe bustled over and insisted on checking her over too in spite of Chloe’s repeating her age five times. Clark got out of the car and followed them to the door and addressed Gabe as Chloe and Lex headed inside, “I’m sorry, I would have called if I had known that you would worry”.

“Sure you would have”, Gabe said, “Well, sorry, can’t stand here talking all day, we’ve got dinner to get to”. With that Gabe entered, closed the door and was confronted with Lex’s gaping face, Chloe having popped to the loo.

“What?” He protested, “I didn’t actually slam the door in his face!”

“That’s the definition of politeness now?” Lex had been trying way too hard in that case.

“Only when you have a daughter”.

~*~

Later that night, after dinner was done and Gabe had gone to bed, Lex and Chloe sat on her sofa.

“You know that you can’t keep me kicking my heels any longer, don’t you? Tomorrow, I’m going back to work so be prepared”, Chloe warned him her head resting comfortably on his chest, his arm around her shoulders.

“You should spend time with your Dad”, he responded calmly as he stroked her arm absent mindedly.

“I will. I will work, and spend time with my Dad, and with you and fix Clark’s life”. She informed him.

“I thought that we had discussed your penchant for meddling in other people’s lives before”, he said with a pointed look.

“Discussed requires two participants Lex. If you just talk. It isn’t a discussion”, she reminded him.

“Not if you don’t listen apparently”, he sighed, “what makes you think that this will be any more successful than before?”

She told him about what Martha said. “You see, we have to do something”.

“Split them up and keep the pieces for ourselves?”

NS Senior Member Senior Member malugargula's Avatar

they're so full of plans lol
    can't wait for more

Hope you had an amazing Christmas holidays

ps: I love when Gabe calls her Chloe Bear on fics
    Malu

Hi Malu. My holidays were pretty good. How were yours?

Thanks for reviewing.

I'm glad that you like it.

Chapter Twenty-Five

“Okay Operation Fairy Evil Doers is a go!” Chloe announced.

“That is no better than the last version of the name”, Lex complained.

“Honestly you are never satisfied”, she rolled her eyes. “Now, do you remember what you have to do?”

“Yes, Chloe I remember the plan”, they had only been through it five times since they had both finished work that day. “But you know that the definition of insanity is repeating the same thing and expecting different results?”

“It’s not exactly the same. The plan has been tweaked”, she argued. “With the car plan, they didn’t actually have to spend that much time together. I think that that was the cause of the problem”.

“If you say so”, he didn’t sound entirely convinced.

“I do”.

“And I have your guarantee that this plan will be a raging success?”

“I don’t see why not”. She avoided actually giving him a guarantee. A Sullivan Guarantee was like a pinkie promise; sacred.

“Right, action stations”, Lex smirked at her as he sent her around the back of the Talon and he stormed in the front door. “Where’s Lana?” He demanded of the first person he saw, nearly loud enough to be heard by half of the establishment.

Before anyone could respond Lana came scurrying out of the kitchen. “Is something wrong?”

“You could say that. Can we talk, in private?”He inquired shortly.

“Of course”, she answered, even though no one - with the possible exception of Chloe - would ever have thought to say no to him. Lana led the way up to her apartment, her legs shaking as she went. He closed the door behind him and she tried to paint a calm expression on her face as she asked, “What’s wrong Lex?”

“These documents”, he threw a stack down on the table. “The figure are wrong”

“The figures are wrong”, she repeated dumbly.

“Yes. Fix them”. With that he left. Lana gaped after him, her normally dewy complexion pale.

~*~

Once he had left the apartment he turned right and discreetly let himself into another room, which most people thought was used for storage. There, sat Chloe on a blanket she had brought rolled up in her bag, with a small TV in her lap.

“You are sexy when you are pretending that you are mad”, she nodded at the screen.

“Who says that I was pretending?”

“You weren’t?”

“Every bloody month those reports come back to me wrong. I’m sick and tired of fixing them”, he grumbled.

“Makes you wish that you had never wanted to be Clark’s friend so hadn’t given his inamorata a restaurant, doesn’t it?” She teased.

“That’s not exactly what happened”, he informed her as he sat down next to her.

“Sure it wasn’t”, she patted him disbelievingly on the shoulder.

“Why do I put with you?” He wondered aloud.

“Because no one else will play with you”, she answered easily.

“True”, they both turned their attention to the screen.

“Do I want to know how you got cameras in there?” She asked after a few minutes.

“They have always been in there”.

“What?” She gasped

“I said: that the cameras have always been in there”, he stated once more, “we need to get your ears cleaned out”.

“My ears are just fine. I can’t believe that you have been spying on Lana all of these y-”

“I have no been spying on Lana”, he protested, “1. She hasn’t been here all of that time. 2. They are not there to spy, cameras are just installed in everyone of my properties”.

“Even the guest house?” She demanded.

“As a business man I have a team of people in place who ...”

“Lex? Even in the guest house?” She cut in.

He sighed. “Of course” he reached over and tried to pull her into his arms and make her understand but she pulled away. “Chloe”, he tried again, “it is a Luthor property; it needs security”.

“In the main bedroom?” She asked in a slow, careful, trembling voice.

“Chloe”, he reached out to stroke her hair, hoping to calm her.

“Answer the damned question Lex!” She slapped at his hand, tears burning her eyes as she prayed that he would say no. He couldn’t have betrayed her. He couldn't have let her down like this. He couldn’t have ...

“Yes”.

“Lex!” She launched herself up from the floor and started to storm towards the door.

“Chloe wait”, Lex demanded, raising his voice more than was probably wise but he didn’t care about anything but making her understand. “Chloe”, he grabbed her arm and spun her around when she would not stop, “listen to me. They do exist but they would only ever be used in the case of emergency, the feed is secure”.

Chloe remained quiet. Frozen in his grasp. Blinking back tears that he desperately wanted to wipe away. “Chloe, what are you thinking?”

Her lips pursed and she shook her head.

“Sweetheart, please just talk to me. Whatever you have to say, say it”, he hated the desperation in his tone but he couldn’t control it. He couldn't face the idea that he could lose her over something like this.

She left out a low gusty sigh but couldn’t look up at him as she began to say, “I understand why you need them, that it is a part of your life and that I can’t ask you to change that”.

“Thank-you for understanding”, he pulled her into his chest hugging her tightly as relief coursed through his veins.

She wrapped her arms around his slim waist holding him close, savouring the moment as desperate to give him comfort as she was to drawn it from him. With one final squeeze she reluctantly released him, knowing that she wouldn’t be able to end this as she must if she didn’t do it at that second.

“Lex”, she tried to keep her voice from quivering, without much success. “I understand but ... I just can’t live like that. That’s why I’m going to have to move out”.

Lex’s hands fell from her back to his sides, his jaw tensed and his eyes became steely.

“Please Lex. I understood your position. Please understand mind”, she begged, grasping at his arms. She couldn’t lose her best friend.

He took her hands off him and, apparently with a great deal of effort, informed her. “I do understand”.

“Don’t hate me”, she beseeched. She knew that the hardness in his eyes was a defence mechanism but it was killing her.

“Chloe don’t be ridiculous. You know that I could never hate you”, he snapped out of it, allowing her to see some small part of his injury. “But”, he admitted slowly, as if it pained him, “I wish that you would reconsider”.

Chloe stared up at him. She longed to give in to him, for her own sake as much as his but what would become of her if she did? She swallowed before saying, “We should focus on Lana”.

“Of course”, Lex gave a curt nod and returned to the floor and the monitor with her.

Lana was pacing in the apartment wringing her hands and fretting. Finally she appeared to settle on what she was supposed to do. She grabbed her phone and punched in a familiar number.

Chloe’s phone began to ring. “Oh damn it”.

“Don’t answer it”, Lex said, although there was really no need. He placed his hand over hears and hoped that the noise wouldn’t travel. Fortunately it didn’t. They watched together as Lana called the next number on the list. This one responded on the second ring.

“Clark”, Lana’s voice was desperate. “I need your help”.

There was a pause and both Lex and Chloe leant forwards.

“I’m at my apartment. Yes, really? Please hurry!” Lana begged into her phone and a second later there was a ring at the door.

“We should enter him for the Olympics”, Lex joked, trying to hide the despair which was still consuming his thoughts. Chloe just nodded and moved her face closer to the screen as if she could somehow be sucked into it and forget about all of her own problems. After the revelation about the cameras and their conversation about privacy spying on her friends didn’t sit well with her any more, but she couldn't think of any other way to help their friends and she couldn’t allow herself to think about leaving Lex or she would fall apart.

“Even with Clark’s maths abilities that will take them hours”, Lex reminded her, a subtle hint that if she sat like that for hours then she would not only damage her eyes but also her back.

“That’s true but”, Chloe trailed off as she watched her carefully constructed plan implode as Clark took the documents to do for her and left. “Clark you flipping idiot”, she complained before covering her mouth with her hands, too late to do any good.

Lex smiled at her.

“Well, he is”, she whispered.

“I don’t think that that is going to do any good”, he replied in equally low tones.

“Do you think that he heard?” She muttered.

“I think that he would be in here if he had”, Lex said but dutifully switched the monitor’s feed to see Clark leaving.

“He really is a flipping idiot”, Lex agreed.

“We just need to get them together for longer”, Chloe said already mapping out their next plan of attack.

“Chloe, I think that we just need to give up on the idea. We have given them ample opportunity. If they were going to get together - if either of them wanted it - they would have gone for it.” He didn’t add, ‘with or without our meddling’.

“I can’t just leave them to unhappiness”, she turned her head to face him.

“I know”, he reached out to rub her shoulder sympathetically.

“Just one more try?” She asked hopefully, sensing that he was preparing to shut down their project. “I know that we can make them happy”.

“Alright, one”, he held up one digit to emphasise his seriousness, “more try”.

Chloe beamed at him and decided with a stretch. “There probably isn’t much point in us sitting here any more.”

“No probably not. And we should probably be getting back, you still look a little pale”, Lex got to his feet and held out his hand to her.

“I’m fine”, she informed him but accepted his help in rising so as not to hurt his feelings.

“And today was your first day back at work so you should be careful”.

“Don’t worry Lex, I’m fine”.

He gave her a small, tight smile.

~*~

“We have to get a social life”, Chloe decided.

“You are dissatisfied?” Lex enquired with an arched eyebrow.

“No, I am incredibly satisfied. But I am turning into a couch potato”, she said, from where she lay on the settee, her head resting comfortably in Lex’s lap. “Once we have got those two together and you are convinced that I am not going to keel over ... We need to start coming up with mini outings. Twice per week”.

“Twice per week?” There were only going to see each other twice a week?

“If we go out two nights per week then five can be spent on the couch without fear of potatoifying”, Chloe decided, unaware of the bolt of fear that he shot through Lex or that it would have ever occurred to him that she wasn’t going to be spending all of her evenings with him.

“Potatoifying?” He asked, relieved that she wasn’t drawing away from him.

“Potatoifying”, she agreed.

“So, do you have any ideas for our final plan to bring together the star crossed lovers?” He wondered, brushing some imaginary hair out of her face.

“Yes and yes I noticed your use of the word final”, she gave him a look, “We have tried causing a problem for her hoping that she would call Clark and that hasn’t been working. What about if we create a problem for you?”

“What?” That made no sense to him at all.

“It’s simplicity itself. All that you have to do is call Lana and Clark and tell them that you have a problem and need their help solving it. Then we will disappear to talk to someone about it and leave them in a room together”, she grinned.

“Chloe, I just dumped a load of paper work on her. Do you really think that she is going to come running if I say that I have a problem?” He pointed out the obvious flaw in her plan.

“Of course”, Chloe replied with confusion. “I would”.

“I know”, he said slowly, wondering how to give voice to what had been gnawing at him all evening. “Chloe?”

“Yeah?”

“You would never leave a friend to be miserable, right? That is why we are doing all of this?”

“Sure”.

“Don’t leave”.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information