+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Come Back to Me [NC17] completed 21/03/2014

Come Back to Me [NC17] completed 21/03/2014

Description: Chlex/ Passion brought them together, but then broke them apart. When Chloe is about to sign the divorce papers, she has an accident. Will she and Lex find their way back to each other?

Part 1

Present Day

Chloe got into her car with papers in her hand. She had just visited her lawyer and one signature would be enough for her now to regain her freedom.

Five years of marriage and just a few seconds to sign the papers. That was how it would end.

Once she had thought they had been a perfect match. Maybe even match made in heaven even despite the circumstances that had brought them together.

She had never met an equally strong person to her. Maybe that was the problem? She thought. Maybe that was why they hadn’t worked. They had kept arguing about petty things, then about much larger until finally… one of those arguments had caused Chloe something she had had considered the most precious thing.

He had been sorry. He still was sorry, but she could see that he was slowly giving up. He was tired of fighting, of convincing her that they could still make it work. Tired of telling her that he loved her.

Well, she still loved him too, but sometimes love wasn’t enough. She knew they would kill each other eventually if they stayed together, so she decided to end it. For both their sakes.

Sometimes passion in love was not a good thing. Sometimes it destroyed it.

Chloe finally had the courage to send Lex the divorce papers. All he needed to do was to sign them. And they would be no longer.

She was afraid of her life going on after that. She was afraid she would lose their mutual friends. Clark, man she had known since high school, was Lex’s best friend now. He was Chloe’s friend too. Would she see him again? Would they be nice to each other?

Why her whole life was crashing down around her? Why she needed to be the one to make sacrifices? Lex would stay in Metropolis, where his company was, he would lead the same life he had before, except without her by his side.

Chloe, on the other hand, would probably have to move. How could she stay in the Daily Planet after this? She had already sacrificed a lot for her relationship when not being able to write about her husband. She had made up for it by discovering other affairs and she had eventually been promoted. Now she would be laughed upon in the building. She would be mocked. Why had she sacrificed so much, worked so hard when eventually, her relationship crumbled anyway?

Maybe she should move. But to where? Metropolis was the city she loved with her whole heart. She didn’t imagine her life anywhere else.

Tears appears in her eyes and she wiped them up quickly. She had already cried out a whole ocean of them. She would not start again.

She grabbed a pen from her purse with the intention of signing the papers and then dropping them off to Lex’s secretary in LuthorCorp, but she hesitated.

“Shit, I’m late!” she yelled when she glanced at the watch on her hand.

She dropped the papers and started the car.

Just fucking sign it, she told herself, just do it and it’ll be over with!

Chloe looked at the road to see if there was any car that she needed to be careful about and then she reached for the papers again. She could just sign them on the spot and it would be all over. That was what she wanted, wasn’t it?

Only in the very moment she took her eyes off the road and started looking for the pen she had dropped… she heard a screech of tires and then felt a crash.

After that she did not see or feel anything. She drifted away…

Lex was working.

Those days he had been always working. Everything as not to think about Chloe and about his personal life falling apart.

There was nothing more he could do. She would not listen to him. She was adamant on leaving him and it was killing him.

He loved her. He had loved her from the moment they had had sex for the first time. He knew that it did not sound pretty, but that was the ugly truth. She had taken his heart back then and walked away with it when they had finished… no, it hadn’t been making love, he thought… when they had finished fucking.

Still, it did not change the fact that he loved her. He would always be in love with her. She was so different than anyone else. She was independent, bossy, she said what she thought, she never let him change her or her opinions on things. He loved that about her, but in the same time that was the very thing that broke them apart. They couldn’t seem to coexist together without starting a fight. Eventually, that had caused them something very dear. The lost was unbearable and Lex could still feel the pain that it left. There was nothing he could do about it, so he had tried to focus on wining Chloe back, on convincing her that they could still be together.

He failed.

And it was over.

Just like that.

His heart was broken and he couldn’t believe how much pain that had caused him too.

“Mr. Luthor,” his secretary walked inside, smiling to him coquettishly and swaying her hips a little too eagerly.

Lex kept on ignoring her pathetic attempts at seducing him and usually he laughed it off, but right now it wasn’t funny anymore. It was annoying. And he was done tolerating it.

“Ms…” he started, almost saying her name to tell her off and threaten her with firing her when his cell phone rang.

He reached for it and answered it instead, “Luthor.”

“Lex Luthor? Are you the husband of Chloe Sullivan-Luthor?” somebody asked.

“Yes…” Lex hesitated. For how long now? Technically, he still was her husband, so he did not correct himself.

“Mr. Luthor, I’m very sorry, but your wife had an accident. She’s in hospital right now.”

“What?! What happened?! Is she alright?!” Lex raised his voice, standing up and taking his car keys.

“She had a car accident. She will pull through, but she’s unconscious at the moment. We had to put her into induced coma. When the accident happened, your wife wasn’t wearing any seatbelts and she crashed through the front window. I can assure you though, that she was lucky. Actually, she was extremely lucky, Mr. Luthor.”

“Where?!” he growled at the poor guy who was just doing his job.

“Metropolis General, sir.”

“I’ll be right there!” Lex hang up and ran to the door.

“Mr. Luthor… what…?” The damned secretary was still there.

“My wife’s in the hospital and you’re trying to hit on me? If that happens again, I will have to fire you. Now, excuse me, I need to go! Cancel all my meetings for the rest of day!”

And he was gone.

“Lex Luthor. I’m looking for my wife.” Lex finally got to the hospital.

“Oh, yes, Mr. Luthor, you can go see her in the room 223,” he was informed by a nurse.

“How is she?” he asked, worried sick. “Is she alright?”

“Nothing seems to be broken, but she hit her head pretty hard. She’s in a coma for now. It helps to heal the brain faster.”

“Thank you.”

Lex turned around to find the right room.

He was so relieved that Chloe would be alright. He didn’t know what he would do if something more severe happened to her.

“Oh and… Mr. Luthor?” the nurse called after him.

“Yes?” He turned back to her, now clearly annoyed that she dared keeping him away from his wife.

“This was in the car with her. We think… this might have something to do with your wife’s distraction on the road.” The nurse handed him over some documents and he took them, seeing the blood stains on them.

Then Lex froze. Those were the divorce papers…

He did this to Chloe. He was always the one to hurt her again, even when he didn’t want to. She crashed her car because she was about to sign those or… she was hesitating.

Lex closed his eyes and took a deep breath. The sight of Chloe’s blood on the papers made him nauseous. He refused to look at the nurse again. He knew what her eyes would tell him. She was probably thinking that he was a bad man. Well, she could join the Luthors hate club in Metropolis, because Lex was sure that too many people hated him. They hated him for no reason but his blood. They hated him for what his father had been doing when he had still been alive. The fact that Lex had seemed to turn it all around did not seem to matter to those people at all.

He finally reached Chloe’s room and saw her pale and unconscious, lying in bed, the machines around her beeping.

His hands shook and he almost dropped the papers, then he walked over to her bedside table and left them there.

There was a chair right next to the bed, so he sat in it.

“Chloe, I’m so sorry…” he whispered, his voice shaking. “What can I ever do to repay you for all of this? You know I never wanted it. I always wanted to give you happiness. I love you!”

She couldn’t hear him.

He reached his hand to touch hers, but then he changed his mind. They were getting a divorce. In fact, he could sign the bloody papers - metaphorically and literally, what made a cruel irony - and then all they needed was for her to sign it once she woke up.

He didn’t touch it though. He just stayed by her side.

“I wish I could turn back time. I wish I could be different. Please, forgive me, Chloe,” he asked again, not really expecting any response.

He went back in his mind to the moment that had started their bumpy relationship...
    Last edited by TrinityR; 21st March 2014 at 11:13.

NS Senior Member Senior Member HotCrossedBunny's Avatar

Re: Come Back to Me [NC17]

Great story, I can't wait to read more. Lovely video too.

NS Full Member

Great beginning. Maybe when Chloe wakes up she won't remember a thing and Lex will have the opportunity to woo her again.

Intriguing start, can't wait to read more.

Quote Originally Posted by HotCrossedBunny View Post
    Great story, I can't wait to read more. Lovely video too.
    Hi!! Thanks! Here's more!
    I decided to explore Chloe's and Lex's strong characters crashing together.

Great beginning. Maybe when Chloe wakes up she won't remember a thing and Lex will have the opportunity to woo her again. trckyrcky
    Uh, sorry to dissapoint you on this, but I hope you will like it nevertheless.

Intriguing start, can't wait to read more. bluemarvel
    Thanks!! Here's more!!

Part 2

Past

Chloe was having a very bad day.

It had been a year since she started working in the Daily Planet and she still hadn’t gone anywhere up. She was stuck in the basement. She was working he ass off, but so far, it hadn’t paid off. Exactly one year ago she had sworn to be promoted in a couple of months and it seemed to be just a wishful thinking now. Added to that, her private life was almost non-existent. She had gone out with a couple of guys those past few years, but they had only ended up disappointing her. She had never found the right one. Now she was twenty four, struggling reporter, looking for a man that would sweep her off her feet. Maybe she should give up on that last one. Sweeping a girl off her feet happened only in romantic comedies. Real life wasn’t like that. People were getting tired of each other way too quickly. Love didn’t last a whole lifetime anymore. No one talked like in the movies either, no one said: I wish I could have more time with my wife/husband. There seem to always be too much time.

Tonight Chloe was sitting by the bar, over a glass of red wine, drowning her sorrows in alcohol.

“Chloe Sullivan, fancy meeting you here,” she suddenly heard a very familiar voice.

She closed her eyes and sighed. That was just her luck.

“Lex Luthor,” she said and finally looked at him.

He was standing right next to her, in a immaculate suit. He must have come straight from LuthorCorp.

“What are you doing in such a place?” he asked.

She just shrugged. “Bad day, I guess.”

“May I?”

“Knock yourself out.”

He took the chair right next to her and waved to the barman to give him an order.

“Want something stronger?” he turned to Chloe.

“You know, I think I just might. I will be needing more than wine.”

“No problem.”

Chloe looked at Lex with peaked interest. He was still the best friend of her friend, Clark Kent, but they hadn’t been interacting with each other since… since Smallville, she finally realized. Whenever she met Clark for lunch, Lex was never there.

“Just look at this irony, we share a friend, yet we meet accidentally in a bar,” Lex noticed like he was reading Chloe’s mind and then he chuckled.

The barman put two glasses of scotch in front of them.

Chloe took hers and gulped it down, shaking her head and wincing.

“Really bad day then,” Lex deduced and drunk all his alcohol as well, nodding to the barman again. “Want to tell me why?” he asked her.

“It’s not just one thing,” Chloe answered ambiguously. “My life is heading nowhere.”

“I guess you need this more than I do.” Lex pointed the alcohol.

“Yeah, thanks. So… why are you doing here? A bar isn’t exactly a place in which I would expect to see you.”

“The feeling is mutual,” Lex noticed. “But for me… I just didn’t feel like drinking alone today.”

“So your plan was to walk in here and hit on some empty bimbo?” Chloe asked, alcohol clearly bringing her walls down.

Lex laughed.

“No, actually I just wanted to drink... How have you been?”

“Clark hasn’t told you?” Chloe seemed to be surprised and then she drunk again.

“Has he been telling you about me?” Lex answered back.

“Well, no…”

“That’s the point, I guess. Clark is very private when it comes to his friends and I think you share that quality.”

“Yes, I do… Friendship with Clark is the best thing that has ever happened to you,” Chloe blurted out, feeling the room spinning around her. The music didn’t make it any better.

“What?” Lex frowned, looking at her.

“It’s true when you think of it. Clark makes you a better person. I always wondered where you’d be without him.”

“Is that so?” Lex asked, clearly offended. “You really think that low of me, Chloe?”

“Sorry, you shouldn’t have bought me another round. Alcohol makes me say what I think.”

“Oh, does it now? I thought you always said what you thought.”

“With slight euphemisms.” She squinted.

“I’m already scared what’s in your mind when those inhibitions are stripped.”

“They are already stripped, Lex.”

“Funny, that word is so…”

She rolled her eyes. “Really? Are you hitting on me?”

“Well, your life is apparently miserable and you have consumed too much alcohol. Having sex with me would be a highlight of your day,” he said, clearly insulting her what he could gather from the look on her face.

“How dare you, Lex? Not every woman is so easy! But you wouldn’t know, would you? How many notches on your bed you have already? Or maybe you stopped counting?”

“I don’t scratch my bed, it’s solid oak.”

She really wanted to hit him right now.

“You’re a cocky, arrogant bastard and I have no idea what Clark is still doing being your friend!” she said instead.

“How could you know if you haven’t talked to me for years?” Lex asked. “Apparently, I’ve changed. Clark told me so.”

“He didn’t say anything to me.”

“Why would he? What that could possibly merit? You think you know me, Chloe, but the truth is you know nothing. You just know my name and you think that speaks for itself. Well, here’s news for you, it doesn’t. My father is long gone and I am no longer like him.”

“You know, actions always speak more than words,” Chloe said, drinking again.

“I think you’ve had enough,” Lex stopped her, putting his hand on hers.

She pushed it away.

“You don’t tell me what I can and cannot do!”

“Suit yourself. You will be the one with a hangover the next morning. Good luck with that. You don’t look like a person that can drink.”

If look could kill, Chloe thought, shooting one to Lex.

“I don’t want you to destroy my reputation now, so I may as well tell you that it has been a very long time since I had a one night stand,” he told her.

“Yeah, right,” Chloe snorted and got off her chair, almost losing her balance.

Then a strong pair of hands caught her.

“Careful there, you don’t want to knock yourself out,” Lex warned her.

“Get your hands off me!” She pushed him away and walked to the bathroom.

When inside, she splashed some water over her face and took a few deep breaths.

“God, I’m so drunk,” she told to herself in the mirror as the room was still spinning.

She closed her eyes again and then she heard the door opening and then the lock clicking, indicating that no one could walk inside now.

“What…?” She barely managed to turn to the person who had just gone in when that same pair of hands that had held her a moment before, was now on her arms, then hips, bringing her closer.

The next thing she knew Lex Luthor was kissing her.

He took her by surprise, but before she managed to push him away, something stopped her.

She was drunk and he was drunk. They didn’t see each other at all. Why not just have sex with him? Maybe that was really what she needed? A one night stand.

Before she managed to change her mind, it was too late. She was too far gone. Lex’s hands all over her.

He raised her up and she sat on a washbowl, her legs immediately going around his waist and bringing him closer, imprisoning him in her hold. He slid his hands under her blouse and squeezing her breasts, his thumbs stroking her nipples. She whimpered into his mouth and grazed herself against his crotch. He moaned and his hands got to her skirt, then under it and found her wet when pushing the panties aside.

Chloe got to his fly and soon freed his hard cock. He was big and she smiled at the sight. After all, Lex had a reputation to live up to.

“Right pocket…” he rasped when he started mouthing her throat. “Condom.”

“I’m on pills…” she answered, stroking him. She was desperate now. She needed him inside her. She was so wet and so needy for a good fuck. “Are you… healthy?” she moaned again when he slid his finger inside her.

“Of course,” he answered, sounding offended, but she quickly forgot about that when he positioned himself, shoving his cock inside her. It went all the way in and Chloe ached her back, moaning.

How come she had never before considered having sex with Lex? He was like the god of sex!

She just got her prove when he started fucking her mercilessly.

She was in a pretty uncomfortable position, but she didn’t even feel it now, because he was making her feel so damn amazing.

When she climaxed, her vision went white and she thought she passed out.

“Wow… you’re so good in this,” she rasped into his ear.

“You doubted me again, didn’t you?” he asked in a exasperated voice. “You’re not so bad yourself.”

She smacked him.

“Hey!”

She pushed him away, got down to the floor, straightened her clothes and left the bathroom with no words.

“I will never understand you, Chloe Sullivan,” Lex just said to himself, shaking his head and smiling.

He was right. He was fucking right! Crossed Chloe’s mind when she woke up the next morning with a hangover from here to eternity.

She barely got out of bed and hit the shower. That did not help for her headache and nausea, so she went to the kitchen to take some aspirin and make coffee.

She was angry at the whole world when in fact, she should be angry with herself. She was the one to drink so much and she was the one to have sex with Lex Luthor.

She didn’t know what to think of it. It was clearly amazing. Actually, even though she had been drunk last night, she could still say that it was the best sex she had ever had.

Only she could not over think it. It was just sex. And it was Lex. She couldn’t have chosen worse. Or maybe she had chosen right? She had wanted to forget and she had wanted to feel something and he had made her feel so damn special. And they had had that great chemistry. She had shoved him away and yet, he had come to the bathroom like he had known what she had needed.

She shook her head, glad for the aspirin to start working. Slow, but she was feeling better.

She decided to make breakfast. Being hungry was a good sign too as the nausea passed.

Her cell rang, so she idly picked it up and said, “Chloe Sullivan speaking.”

“Hi, Chloe.”

She stilled with the phone by her ear and a frying pan in another hand.

“Lex?” she asked, totally surprised.

Why was he calling her?!

“Maybe it’s totally wrong of me, but I was wondering… could we meet? Maybe go to dinner tonight?”

“Dinner?” Chloe repeated like a damn parrot, still in shock. “To… tonight?”

“It’s Sunday and we both have a free day. What do you say? You don’t have any other plans, do you?”

Chloe thought hard. A dinner with Lex Luthor or an evening on a couch in front of a TV with a box of ice cream. The first option sounded better, much better, but it was still Lex. And maybe she wouldn’t mind so much if only they hadn’t done last night what they had done!

“Is that hesitation about what happened last night? Come on, Chloe, we’re both adults. We had a very good time and I would like to get to know you better now.
    Without that much alcohol in your system, of course.”

“Get to know me better?” she asked again, using his exact words. No wonder she still hadn’t got her promotion in the Planet if her vocabulary shrunk that much.

“And possibly convince you I’m not as bad as you think.”

“Alright. Pick me up at eight.”

She so couldn’t wait to tell Clark about it, she thought ironically.

NS Senior Member Senior Member HotCrossedBunny's Avatar

Brilliant. You know that I have always loved your stories but looking at this compared to this time last year you have got considerably better. This is fantastic, I love their relationship and can't wait to read more.

NS Full Member

great story can't wait to see what happen and how lex trys to woo chloe

I love seeing how Chloe and Lex got together, a bathroom hook-up. I can't wait to read more!

NS Full Member

I like the backstory on how they got together. Can't wait to see what happen when Chloe wakes up.

I can't wait to see what will happen when Chloe wakes up from the coma.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information