+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Renewal- The End Pg-13

lauren
    Just a Guest!
    Renewal
    Disclaimer: No, smallville doesn't belong to me!
    Rating: PG13

Chapter 9

As soon as his butler told him Chloe was waiting for him, Lex raced down to her. He slowed his pace when he realized that he probably seemed too eager---which he was, but he wasn’t about to show it like some lovesick teenager.

He slipped quietly into the library wanting to catch Chloe unguarded. She was cutely chewing on her lower lip and had a determined/lost look on her face; she looked absolutely adorable and was completely unaware of Lex’s presence.

“Chloe, I hadn’t expected to see you so soon.” Lex smirked at Chloe’s shocked expression.

Seeing that she was about to flee, Lex swiftly cornered her and kissed her before she could vocalize any argument. The kiss was soft, barely a peck, but the longing and emotion it conveyed was fierce. Lex leaned down again to kiss her neck. Chloe basked in the utter bliss of the moment. With a sigh she brought his mouth back to hers and kissed him thoroughly.

After parting, they stayed in each other’s arms, both still in a daze and unwilling to spoil the moment with words. ‘How could I have ever believed that I would be able to keep my hands off her?’ Lex thought as he brought her closer. He frowned when Chloe pulled back.

“I hate to sound like the cliché heroine of a teen movie but---What’s going on with us?”

As an answer he gave her a hungry kiss. “Does that answer your question?”

“Not really.”

“I thought Clark was the dense one.”

“Not funny, Lex.”

“Chloe, playing coy doesn’t fit you.”

“Luthor, I’m very close to loosing my temper, so I’d advice you to show that charm you’re so reputed to have.”

“Is this better?” He asked as he kissed her.

“Much. I can’t believe you broke up with the doctor for me.” Chloe said happily.

“Hmm, yeah.” He resumed kissing her, avoiding telling her the truth. ‘What’s the harm in letting her believe that?’ He thought.

~~~

The next day Chloe was waiting patiently for her father to get home from work. Lex had decided to talk to him at work and Chloe was nervous of how things turned out. There was no way she would stop seeing Lex, but she still felt that she needed her dad’s approval.

Chloe heard her dad’s car on the driveway and proceeded to sit down innocently in the living room. She winced at her father’s appearance; he looked worn out and frustrated.

“Hi daddy! How was your day?”

“You know how my day was Chloe.” Gabe said as he looked at her sternly.

“Okay, so you don’t approve.” She said sadly.

“No, I’m not terribly happy, but your *boyfriend* is very persuasive.” He said with a tiny smile, and then cringed at Chloe’s squeal of joy.

“Thank you! Thank you!” Chloe chanted as she hugged her dad.

Chapter 10

‘Life is good,’ thought Chloe Sullivan.

She was sitting next to her boyfriend at the Talon with a blinding smile on her face. Lex was smiling slightly and staring intently into Chloe’s animated face. It always delighted him how telling her facial expressions were. Lex could tell in an instant if she was happy, sad, or angry. Pride filled him as he thought that Chloe had chosen him, that she truly cared for him, that her smile was always directed at him, that she was his.

Chloe smirked mischievously, the way she’d learned from Lex, and purposely laid a hand on his thigh. Lex arched a questioning brow, which prompted her to slide her hand higher while playing innocent.

“Chloe.” He said in a warning tone.

“What? Don’t you want to play?” Teasing now, with a sparkle in her eyes.

“Not here. Let’s go to the mansion, we’ll play all you want there.” Lex’s cell phone rang just as he was leaning in to kiss Chloe. With a groan and a regretful look at Chloe’s full lips he answered the phone.

Chloe tried to focus on something else rather than the phone call. She didn’t want him to think that she was after a story. Yes, curiosity was killing her as she tried not to listen to what Lex was saying, she heard little snipplets of the conversation but she squashed her reporter instincts, she had self control after all. ‘Well, on anything other than Lex,’ she thought.

Lex finished his conversation and looked apologetically at Chloe. “That was your dad, there seems to be a problem at the plant. I have to go.”

“It’s alright, I understand.”

They kissed briefly and Lex promised to go by her house later that night.

After he left, Chloe became aware of the glances directed at her. At first, those glances had unnerved her, now she took it all in stride, seeing it as the consequences of dating Lex Luthor. Some of the glances were hostile, some curious, and even some watched with dreamy expressions, the story of Cinderella coming alive in front of their very eyes.

Sighing contently Chloe realized that she and Lex had been at the Talon for almost an hour and she had not even ordered coffee. She had been so entranced by Lex that she had forgotten all about her addiction. She was about to get up to order her coffee when a smiling Lana approached her, two steaming cups of coffee in her hands.

“I knew that as soon as Lex left, your addiction would return with full force.” Lana said teasingly.

“Thanks.” Chloe replied, too content to be sarcastic and witty.

“You make the cutest couple. You know when Clark told me that Helen broke up with Lex, I felt kind of sad for him. He’s had horrible luck with women. It worked out for the best though, he found you, and you guys are perfect for each other-” Lana kept tittering away happily, unaware that she had broken Chloe’s heart one more time.

“I have to go.” Chloe said interrupting Lana’s monologue.

“You haven’t even finished your coffee. Stay, I’m on my break. We can keep talking.”

Chloe didn’t answer; she was too preoccupied trying to keep tears at bay.

After the mess at the plant, Lex was eager for some ‘Chloe love,’ ‘Chloe love!? What the hell is wrong with me? What would good ol’ dad think?” He thought smiling not upset at all that he was turning into a complete sap.

Chloe was waiting for him outside when he arrived at her house. He was elated at the gesture. As he neared he could tell something was wrong though, normally she would come bounding up to him. He reached her, and she remained staring stiffly at the ground.

“What’s the matter?” Lex asked gently, his heart constricting at the sight of Chloe looking so dejected.

“How could you lie to me?” She said looking up with tears in her eyes.

“No, I’ve never lied to you.” Lex reached for Chloe but she pulled back instantly. Lex got a horrible feeling in the pit of his stomach.

“Liar, you told me that you broke up with Helen. She broke up with you.” Chloe said calmly, too calmly for Lex’s liking.

“I never told you that I had broken up with her.”

“Don’t even try to charm me out of this. I just can’t believe I was stupid enough to believe that you broke up with Helen for me. I was your second choice.”

“Chloe,” Lex said desperation seeping into his voice at the thought of losing her, “ She was my second choice because I couldn’t have you. I’ve been fascinated by you since the moment I saw you. Yes, she broke up with me; she broke up with me because she got tired of me putting her in second place. Chloe please, don’t do this.”

“Why didn’t you tell me? You could have told me and avoided all this mess.” Chloe said weakening under his earnest eyes.

“I don’t know, I didn’t think it was big deal, and if I remember correctly we were otherwise occupied at that particular moment.” He said smirking.

Chloe blushed beautifully for Lex. He chucked softly at her and brought her close.

“Were you really fascinated by me when you met me.” Chloe asked shyly against his chest.”

“Are you kidding? Hot, snarky reporter, in a tight fitting shirt. It was lust at first sight.”

“Hey, mind out of the gutter! Is that all you think about!?” Chloe asked hitting him playfully in the arm.

“Pretty much, especially when I’m with you.” He said nuzzling her neck.

Laughing, Chloe raised to her tiptoes to kiss him lightly on the lips. Suddenly serious again, “Don’t lie to me again or conceal stuff from me, okay?”

“I promise.”

A few months later

‘Life is good,’ thought Pete Ross, as he gazed at Lex and Chloe at the Talon.

Pete admitted that at first, when he found out about Chloe and Lex, he wanted to do serious damaged to Lex. Now though, seeing them feeding each other happily, he couldn’t help but smile at the romantic picture they made. Over time, Pete had learned to tolerate Lex for Chloe’s sake, but now he surprised himself by considering him a friend. ‘Those two are perfect for each other. Just like my girlfriend and me.’ He thought.

“Baby, I’m off.” Lana’s sweet voice rang out behind him.

“Let’s get out of here then.”

Before he left, he turned to wave good-bye to Lex and Chloe. They were kissing passionately and probably groping each other under the table. ‘Yep, perfect for each other’ he thought as he left with Lana.

The end.

So, what’d you guys think?
    Last edited by Julie; 1st November 2010 at 07:52.

odd duck
    Yay, loved it. Great story, and I love a happy ending. :ilove: :sign3:

Aww! I loved the ending! That's right, Lex, you don't keep things from your girlfriend. Silly man. And you even threw in some Pete/Lana at the very end! You rock. Can't wait for your next story! *hinthint*

scifichick774
    Just a Guest!
    I absolutely adored the ending! Chloe finding out the truth and forgiving him, Pete accepting things, Chloe and Lex happy, Pete and Lana together... *happy sigh*

Can't wait to read your next fic!

NS Full Member
    Oh that was great, and I have to echo sentiments about the ending - I loved that Pete now considers Lex a friend, and that he and Lana are together (though, the big question is what happened to Clark?). This was a great fic, and I really enjoyed reading it.

Kerry

NS Senior Member Senior Member autumngold's Avatar
    Thanks for the great story! :glow: Chloe and Lex together and Pete and Lana together, perfect! :biggrin: Even better, no Clark!! Thanks for writing!! :chlexsign1:

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information