+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Disinheritance (NC17) completed

Disinheritance (NC17) completed

Title: DISINHERITANCE
    Short summary: Lionel disinherits Lex... Lex lives on the farm and he's getting closer to Chloe. How the ex-bilionaire adjust to a normal live?

video to that story (spoilers!)

CHAPTER 1 DISINHERITED

It was almost night when Lex knocked on the Kent's door.

"I'll get it!" he heard Clark's yell and then the door opened. "Hey, Lex." Clark smiled seeing his friend on the porch.

"Clark, I'm sorry to bother you…" Lex was feeling very uncomfortable because of what he was going to ask for.

"Everything's alright?" Clark got worried.

"No, it's not…" Lex looked down ashamed.

"What is it?" Mrs Kent asked while coming to the door.

"According to my father I'm… ah… no longer a Luthor… he's left me with nothing, not even a place to live… so I... ah… I was wondering… if ah… I can stay with you for a while?..." And there they were, they eyes… piercing into him… he couldn't tell what Jonathan Kent was going to say, his face was neither angry nor worried, more like disturbed with Lex's father's behavior. Martha on the other side looked at her husband with care in her eyes and then back at Lex.

"Of course, Lex, you don't even have to ask… come in… I'll get you something warm…"

"So, Lex Luthor is staying with you on the farm?" Chloe's eyes couldn't get any bigger in this moment. "Lionel disinherited him? But… how?" she gasped.

"Lex found his long lost brother and… that was enough. Lex became… kind of a threat to his father, you know… he was starting managing businesses on his own… making money without his help… so he probably got scared and chose the younger Luthor."

"God… that's horrible… I mean… is there any love in this family? Or it's just all business to Lionel?" Chloe sighed and sat by her computer with her latte. "I have to write an article!"

"Don't you think… it will be a little harsh for Lex to read about this in a newspaper?" Clark asked.

"Clark, I know that being a reporter sometimes sucks but it will get to the news anyway, with or without my help and you know what I can do? I can make Lex the victim, I can present him in better light, not the other way around."

"I'm glad you're putting it that way, Chloe," they heard Lex's voice coming from the door.

"Lex…" Clark was a little perplexed. "We… we just..."

"It's ok." The bald ex-billionaire smiled and came closer.

"How long have you been standing there?" Chloe asked biting her lip.

"Long enough…" he started making her feel ashamed. "Long enough to hear that part about love too." He smiled.

"That's embarrassing… I'm sorry."

"Oh, it's ok… better than the last time I saw you. You told me to buy myself a toupee then," he said and laughed.

"What?" She stood up completely baffled. "I never said something like that!"

"Actually, it was more like… that you were always wondering why I didn't have it if I had so much money…"

"Lex… I swear… oh God… what else didn't you tell me, Clark?" She turned to him clearly angry at him. "I asked you what I was doing when I had that parasite inside of me and you didn't say anything!"

"Well, it was easier to tell people that you weren't yourself and you… that nothing happened. Why would you worry about something that you can't even remember?" Clark started defending himself.

"Chloe, I'm not mad at you, I understand you weren't yourself and you would never say something like that," Lex reassured her clearly amused.

"Yeah… I would keep that for myself and instead I told you what I'd been thinking… that was hurtful… I'm sorry."

"You know… you should've just asked."

"So, you are not mad at me for thinking about it?" She was surprised.

"No," he just said and smiled leaning against the furniture.

"But I offended you…" she started again.

"Chloe, can't you just let it go?" Clark asked.

"No, I can't! When I'm hurting people I have to make it right," she cut him off.

"I will answer two questions at once," Lex said. "When I was little I was ashamed that I was bald, I was bullied, I admit, kids didn't understand such things and later… I've learnt how to transfer my weakness into my strength. I won't be hiding under some stupid toupee, I will be myself because it's who I am. It made me stronger."

"Wow… that was good," Chloe said looking at Lex and suddenly they completely ignored Clark. "I kind of… admire you."

"Oh, thank you, miss Sullivan." He sent her another smile. "You know… if my father doesn't change his mind I may even give you a private scoop on his business. That would certainly help you with your career and destroy his."

"Thank you, Lex."

"Ok, enough of the sweetness!" Clark said slightly exasperated. "I'm also in this room."

"I have to come back to work anyway," Chloe winked at him and sat back by her computer.

"Lex, come with me." Clark took his friend out of the room. "Lex, really… I would never think that you and Chloe…"

"Me and Chloe what? Clark, stop seeing things that aren't there."

"You were flirting with each other! I could sense it from miles!"

"You have very vivid imagination." Lex smiled.

"Exactly, this smile is what I'm talking about! You've just lost your money and you have to live on my farm, remember?"

"I have one source of income left," Lex told him.

"Really? And what is that?" Clark got interested.

"The Talon."

Clark couldn't help but laugh.

"Hey, I'm serious."

"I know, I can see it… I'm sorry I just… living from that kind of income won't give you your mansion back or your life for that matter."

"There's a small apartment over the Talon and I own it so I thought, I can't keep hanging over your parents for too long, I realize they have to earn their living too and I don't want to overuse their hospitality so, I may live there."

"Don't worry, my mother would like to keep you forever and you helped a lot with the farm this morning. Anyway, I'm sure that your own father will take you back soon."

"I thought that too but, I had hope till this morning. If he hasn't changed his mind by now…"

"Lex, I'm sure he will."

"And I'm not." He stopped and looked at him. "Clark, I will have to face the fact that I'm broke and… I have no idea what to do next. I'm not used to this kind of life. I'm a businessman, I should wear expensive suits and just… live while making buisenesses."

"Welcome to my world," Clark pated his back. "Let me be the big brother for once and show it to you."

They went to the Talon for coffee.

"Lex, I heard what happened. I'm so sorry. Are you ok?" Lana asked when she brought them coffee.

"Thank you, no… actually I'm not ok, but I'll be fine. I still have the Talon. Good thing I changed the agreement so we're partners with equal share and good thing that I excluded this place from my usual businesses."

"Lex, I know that you were giving me the best part of the income but, let's split half now, what do you say? I mean… no, you should have the most and…"

"Lana, calm down. I can't think about it right now." He closed his eyes and lowered his head putting it into his hands.

"I'm sorry. Isee you need a little time for yourself." She walked away.

"Lex…" Clark was really concerned about his friend. It looked like now Lex finally started to realize how hard life could be. "Are you ok?"

"Stop asking me that question!" Lex yelled at him and left the Talon leaving the coffee on the table.

"Clark?" Chloe came over to the farm. "Are you in here?" She walked into the barn. "Oh… Lex…" she got surprised.

She saw Lex working, loading hay.

She stood in the entrance watching his moves and the muscles on his arms when he was lifting it and then…

"Chloe…" He stopped and looked at her. "Are you alright?" he asked wiping the sweat from his forehead.

"Wha… yeah, yeah, I'm fine, sure…" she giggled nervously almost licking her lips for a Christ's sake! "You… you're working," she just said.

"Why is that such a surprise to everyone?" he asked smiling to her. "Yes, I'm capable of working on the farm."

"I just… I just thought… you were… you know… this kind of… brain type than…" she stammered.

"Then I guess I'm full of surprises." He smiled again. "I was going to a rancho with my mother when I was little," he explained.

Those days Chloe was the only person that was making him laugh… she was making him forget and he was grateful for it. What was it about that girl?

"You were looking for Clark?" he asked.

"Yes… have you seen him?"

"No since I left the Talon."

"Oh, yeah… Lana's there so he probably won't be home soon."

"Maybe I could help you?"

"No, thanks but unfortunately it was about homework." She smiled. "Good to see you."

"You too." And he came back to work.

She made a few steps forward but couldn't help herself and looked at him once more. Hot. He was so hot while working like that!

Few days passed by and Lionel still hadn't changed his mind.

Lex was strong, he'd been doing everything in his power as not to get crazy or break down and, surprisingly, every time he felt worse he just went to see Chloe and life was good again.

This evening he came back to the farm with a finally made decision.

"You and Chloe are getting pretty close, hah?" Clark said smiling to him in the kitchen.

"I don't know… she's just… Chloe…"

"If she's just Chloe then why every time you see her you're beaming?"

"I am not."

"Don't try to deny it, Lex."

"You're acting like a jealous boyfriend."

"She's just my friend."

"I know… you have your eyes set only on Lana… Where are your parents? I have to talk to them."

"Talk about what?" They just entered the kitchen.

"Oh, Mr and Mrs Kent… I just want to say how grateful I am that you took me under your roof… Mr Kent, even if I knew you weren't so happy about that…"

"Lex, all I can say now is… I guess… you are nothing like your father."

"Thank you, that is a great compliment coming from you, sir. I just wanted to say thank you and also tell you that I will be moving out soon."

"Lionel changed his mind?" Martha got interested. "It's high time."

"No, unfortunately he didn't, but… I decided to move into the apartment over the Talon. I don't want to be a burden for you anymore and when it gets better I will pay you back."

"Lex, you don't have to give us any money," Jonathan stopped him. "We're happy to have you here and with the work you've done on the farm… I should be the one who should pay you."

"No, Mr Kent, I…"

"Lex… just stay," Martha said surprising him.

"Yes… why the hell not…" Jonathan smiled and patted his back. "You're doing great. You're very helpful here and… living on your own in this apartment… I believe in you but you'll be better here."

"You're so thin," Martha said pointing at him. "You'll disappear completely if you stay on your own."

"Well, I guess you have no choice, Lex," Clark laughed. "You always wanted me to be your brother, well… here I am now."

Of course it was hard for them, they needed to be even more careful than usual. Clark could work using his abilities only when Lex wasn't around, but he learnt to deal with that. Another thing was to keep Lex away from the storm cellar but there was no need he would come down there. They always had an eye on him even when he didin't realize.
    Last edited by TrinityR; 6th December 2012 at 12:00.

Members

Re: DISINHERITANCE - Lex/Chloe - nc17/ UPADATED 29.12.11

this was a realy good start, love to see what could have been different if lex had been cut off by lional. can't wait for more, please update soon.

Awesome beginning!! Maybe now Lex can get the love he has always craved and be part of a loving family.
    Can't wait to see the Chlex develop!!

NS Full Member

Great beginning. Interested in what happens next.

Thank you very much for such great reviews!! I'm sorry for the delayed update but Christmas is over and I had to go back to my university so... unfortunately it means less time to write

CHAPTER 2 LEMONADE WITH KRYPTONITE

Buy a lemonade, help to save money for a school trip!

Lex noticed the new booth in his friends' high school.

He got to it to buy a cup, then he went to the Torch.

He knew he'd been hanging out there a lot recently but he just couldn't help himself, he had to see Chloe every single time he'd felt bad and miserable – what was practically most of the time.

He'd been working very hard to attract more people to the Talon and spending all his free time over strategies plans. He needed to get up on his feet, needed a regular salary. He would save some money and maybe in the future he could raise his own company? Maybe in the long distance future he would be able to be even better than his father was now? That was a thought… to outrun him.

"Hey, Lex," Chloe sent him one of her gorgeous smiles.

"Hello, Chloe." He gave her the cup. "I'm not a fun of lemonade, especially when it's…" he looked inside the cup, "…green… but I thought you might like it."

"Oh, thank you." She took the cup and sipped a little. "Actually, it's pretty good, sweet… you should try it, you probably need some sweetness in your life."

"When are you turning eighteen?" The question just slipped out of his mouth before he could even stop himself.

"That's a pretty weird and out of the topic but, actually, next month. Why do you want to know?"

"No reason." He avoided her eyes.

"Hey, guys!" Clark walked inside. "Lex, I'm starting to think that you came back to high school." He laughed.

"Maybe I miss the good old times when everything seemed so easy."

"You mean when you had your pocket full of money," Clark corrected him.

"Yeah… that too," Lex sighed.

"Wasn't high school actually bad for you?" Chloe noticed. "I mean… you know… you've told us that kids… they can be pretty harsh…"

"When somebody's bald? Yes, they can and yeah, it was hard… but better than the place I'm in right now." Lex sat on the edge of the desk just by Chloe who was working on her computer.

"Eh, it can't be that bad," Clark said. "You have friends now. True friends."

"You're right, Clark, that's very important."

"And my father already considers you as a family what kind of shocked me," Clark admitted.

"I always believed that he had it in him, he just… hated my own father and judging from the fact what kind of a person you are, Clark… I can't blame him for thinking that I was his younger version."

"Yeah... but my dad also likes to believe in people."

"Thank God, you're not like your father, Lex," Chloe said. "I'm sorry but, you're distracting me… actually… Clark, you too," she added because she suddenly blushed. She took the lemonade and sipped again to keep her hands busy.

"What's that?" Clark got curious. "Is that this green thing they're selling in the hall?"

"Yes, I bought it," Lex said. "After all, your school wants money for some trip."

"Can I try?" Clark took the cup from Chloe.

"Clark?" Chloe asked and stood up because he barely managed to put the cup back on her desk when he staggered. "Are you feeling ok?"

"Clark!" Lex got to him and they both helped him sit down.

"I'm fine," Clark reassured them after few seconds. "Maybe I had too much sugar in my system."

"You're not diabetic, Clark." Chloe furrowed her brows. "And it can't be the lemonade, I was drinking it and I'm fine…"

"Clark, do you want me to take you to a doctor?" Lex suggested really worried about his friend.

"No, I'm fine," Clark reassured them again and stood up. "See? Fine! Now, let's get Chloe some time to write the article."

"Ok, see you later, Chloe." Lex couldn't help but smile again and walked out.

"Bye!" Chloe weaved and drunk the rest of her lemonade.

"Mr Luthor!" Lex heard the principal's voice in the hall.

"Yes?" He turned round to face him.

"May I ask what are you doing here?"

"I was just visiting my friends, sir."

"You're here every day. Can't you meet somewhere else? I heard that you own this nice cozy place in town called the Talon, why won't you meet up there?"

"Is there a problem?" Lex asked.

"I'm afraid so. You're a mature and grown up man, Mr Luthor so I cannot tolerate your presence in this school every single day. It's unacceptable."

"I did nothing wrong, beside, my father donated…"

"Exactly, your father, not you and for what I've heard you have no connections with him anymore, Mr Luthor." Now the principal excessively emphasized Lex's surname. "I was forced to tolerate your presence here earlier on but right now… I cannot do that any longer, especially when you're here every single day."

"Mr Kwon…"

"That is my last word. I'm sorry."

"No, you're not sorry. Are you enjoying yourself?" Lex hissed. "You're using the situation to mock me, but you know what, Mr Kwon? You can insult me as much as you want, I don't care. You want me out? That's fine!" He turned round.

"Lex?" Chloe called after him. "Principal Kwon… you can't…"

"I can do whatever I want here, Ms Sullivan and considering your young age and close relations you're starting to have with Mr Luthor… I should warn you that is not appropriate."

"Lex… wait…" she ignored Mr Kwon and walked toward her friend.

"Ms Sullivan, do you want detention?"

"Chloe, please, get back to the Torch," Lex said with care in his voice. "I do not want to get you in any trouble. It's not worth it. I'll see you later."

"Ok," she sighed and watched him walking away.

"Lex? Are you here?" Chloe asked licking her lips and walking inside his room. "Knock, knock, Lex?" He wasn't there.

Such a shame, she thought and grimaced. She could wait, no worries.

After half an hour Lex finally got inside and switched the light on.

He almost jumped when he saw Chloe on his bed. She was half-lying on it supported by her elbows.

"Chloe…" he said. "You scared me. What are you doing here?"

"I was waiting for you," she said.

He had the impression that something wasn't right. Her voice was a little different.

"Oh, Lex… You have no idea how long you've made me wait," she sulked theatrically, got up and came closer to him.

"Chloe, are you feeling ok?" he asked because something was obviously wrong with her.

"I feel great. Acutally, I've never felt better." She licked her lips while making her way to him.

"What are you doing?" he asked when his back met the closed door. He realized that he'd been moving back.

She finally got to him.

"No way to run now, hah? Come on… I know you want it… I know you want me…" she whispered.

"What are you doing?"

She just giggled.

"I'm done waiting. Let's do it already! I know you're a gentleman and you're waiting for my eighteenth birthday until it gets legal but… come on… no one has to know…" She slid her finger down his chest.

"Chloe… what are…"

"Sshh…" She put the other finger to his mouth. "Interesting… this scar…" she added touching it and making him gasp.

Then, she suddenly reached to her blouse.

She took it off and Lex noticed that she wasn't wearing any bra.

"Chloe…" he started warningly but could not take his eyes off her, off her breast to be accurate, he started losing his mind, couldn't think straight anymore.

"I know you want it…" She took his hand in hers and put it to her right breast.

He closed his eyes and inhaled the air deeply. His heart was pounding definitely too fast in his chest.

He found himself pulling her closer and kissing her, immediately feeling her tongue in his mouth… yes, that was the ultimate affirmation that she indeed, was what he wanted but…

Then, he felt that she cupped his crouch with her hand.

He realized that he'd been already hard but after that...

"Oh… ready for me?" she sighed and bit his earlobe.

"Chloe!" He suddenly put himself together, put his hands on her shoulders and pushed her away. "Chloe, something happened to you! I need to get you to a doctor… oh God, you're burning up…" he noticed how red her face was and put his left hand to her forehead. "You're sick…"

"I'm not sick. I'm seeing everything so clear for the first time in my life! I know what I want and it's you!"

"No, not like that, you're not yourself. The real Chloe would never do something like that." He picked her blouse from the floor and put it on her.

"Lex!" she sulked.

"Put it on!"

She did it reluctantly.

"Now, come with me."

"Mr Kent?!" Lex yelled and took Chloe downstairs. "Mr Kent!"

"Lex, what is it?" Clark got out of the living room. "Chloe… what…"

"She's not well, Clark," Lex said. Chloe tried to kiss him so he had to push her away again. "Something's wrong with her! She has a fever…"

"It must be that lemonade!" Clark suddenly exclaimed.

"Lemonade? Really?" Lex snorted. "Clark, this is a serious…"

"I'm also serious! Lana was acting really strange too."

"Ok, I don't want to know any details... We just have to get Chloe to a hospital."

"Lex, were you calling for me?" Jonathan Kent got inside the house. "Hello, Chloe… something's wrong?"

"Mr Kent, I need to take her to a hospital. Can I borrow your truck?"

"Sure, Lex... Clark, will you come with him or stay and help me with the farm?" Jonathan gave Clark a significant look. Clark sighed.

"OK, I'll help... Lex, just make sure she's alright."

"You have my word, I wouldn't let anything happen to her."

"Oh! My hero!" Chloe exclaimed and tried to kiss him again.

"Has she taken any drugs?" Jonathan asked.

"I think it's a lemonade made from meteor rocks," Clark explained. "Lex, hurry."

"Sure… thank you, Mr Kent… Chloe… come on…"

"Are you sure, sir, that she hasn't taken any drugs?" Doctor needed to be positive.

"Yes, I am, I know her. It's not like her. She would never do drugs."

"Ok… so, you're trying to tell me that a lemonade caused it?"

"Well, it's my friend's theory… and we don't really have any other..."gastric lavage

"To be honest… we neither… we had to do a gastric lavage because of a strange substance she had in her stomach…"

Lex wished so badly that he could have his influences right now. He would really want to have a sample and have it examined in his lab later.

"Thank you, doctor. Is she awake?"

"She should be any minute now. You can go see her."

"Thank you."

He got inside the room.

"Chloe?" he asked and sat on the chair by her bed.

She looked so pale, so venerable and exhausted that it made him feel guilty. He couldn't had suspected that there had been something wrong with that lemonade… had he? But it still felt like his fault.

"Lex…" she whispered and after a while she opened her eyes to look at him. She smiled.

"Hey, there." He also smiled and brushed her hair with his hand. "How are you feeling?" He didn't really have to ask. He could see she was her old herself back.

"Fine… just… exhausted…"

"That is how a person usually feels after a gastic lavage," he told her.

"Why? I didn't…"

"It was my fault. I bought you that lemonade. Clark has this theory that there were meteor rocks inside."

"That's actually a pretty good explanation considering the fact it affected him too."

"Don't you think it affected him too fast?"

"He's Clark, he was always weird."

"Considering his weight it should've taken a little longer and he just…"

"Another mystery to Clark Kent's puzzle," she sighed. "Why don't I remember anything?" she asked wincing her face. "And why do I have that feeling again that I should apologize to you?"

"Well, you were acting pretty… crazy," Lex answered trying to remain calm.

"How much crazy?" she got worried. "Did I do something to you?"

"Beside harassing me sexually? Absolutely nothing. Don't worry though, it was quite pleasant," he said in a joke manner.

"Oh, please tell me that you're just kidding," she asked him perplexed.

"Rest now, Chloe. Everything will be alright." He stood up and got to the door.

"Lex? Tell me that you're joking!" she repeated.

He turned back to her and winked at her, then he left.

"So you were joking…" she sighed with relief. Was he…?
    Last edited by TrinityR; 2nd June 2012 at 17:09.

CHAPTER 3 DEATH IS COMING

Just two weeks… she thought, two weeks and she would finally turn eighteen. Who cared anyway? If she'd had any impression that Lex had been interested in her, truly interested in a romantic way, now it was all gone. Maybe she'd misread the signs?

Why do you even think about him? She asked herself. Grow up, stupid girl, he probably thinks that you're just a child. He was never seriously thinking about you!

"Chloe, are you ok?" she heard Clark's voice by the door what made her jump.

"Jeez, Clark, you scared the hell out of me! Stop sneaking up on people!" she snapped at him and came back to writing a new article for the Torch.

"And you're also angry. Is this my fault? Did I do something?" he asked coming closer. "Because if I…"

"No, Clark, it's not you."

"Chloe, I know I… I started dating Lana recently but…"

"You started dating Lana again?!" Chloe raised her eyes from the screen to look at him. "Really?"

"You didn't know?"

"Clark, don't worry, if I felt something for you in the past… it's over now."

"Are you sure?" he asked still not convinced.

"Yes!"

"So who is it? Is it Lex?" He took a chair from the corner of the room and sat by her side.

"I'm trying to write here! Hello! You're a intrusion right now."

"Don't try to change the theme. I thought you two were on your best way to something."

"I thought that too, but recently I haven't heard from Lex and considering the fact that principal Kwon banned him from school…"

"Maybe you don't know, but Lex is very busy right now," Clark interrupted her. "I'm sure he'll find you in your birthday."

"Yeah, Lex, the honorable man who can't get near a girl who's not eighteen yet," Chloe snorted while typing furiously.

"He's working. He's doing everything he can to be able to afford his living. He even thinks about starting a new company in Metropolis some day."

"Really? Why don't I know about it?"

The phone rang what was actually a relief for Chloe, she didn't feel comfortable while talking about her private life with Clark. She preferred him whining about Lana all the time than this.

"The Torch, Chloe Sullivan," she answered.

"Chloe? It's Jonathan, is Clark there? I can't reach him."

"Yes, Mr Kent," she said and handed the receiver over to Clark. "It's your dad, he seems… disturbed."

Her friend looked at her a little concerned.

"Yeah, dad?... What? When? Ok, I'll be right there!" He jumped to his feet.

"What happened?" Chloe asked watching him closely.

"It's my mum…" Clark said clearly scared. "She just… collapsed. She's in hospital. I have to go there."

"I'll go with you!" Chloe yelled, but he didn't listen. He was already gone. "No need to wait for me," she said to herself with sarcasm and took her coat.

Ten minutes later she was walking into the hospital.

"Chloe!" she heard a voice from behind her. Great, she thought, so you can see me now!

She turned round to face Lex.

"I got here as fast as I could." His voice also concerned.

"Me too," she admitted. "Did you notice that when something happens to Kent everybody's worried about them?"

"Yes, I wish my father was like that," Lex sighed. "Kents are good people and that is why others love them so much. They did so much for me and I'm sure that Mr Kent still didn't trust me when I moved in. Shall we?" he pointed the door and then opened them signaling Chloe that she should come in first. "After you."

"Thank you."

While inside she couldn't not ask:

"Lex… what were you doing recently?" There was hesitance in her voice.

"I've been working. Why?" They reached the elevator.

"No reason. I just… haven't seen you around."

"I've been busy," he just said pushing the right button in the elevator. "Did you miss me?" He smiled to her.

She looked down quite agitated.

"No, why?" It was the most stupid answer ever and she knew it. Thankfully, the elevator finally reached the right floor.

"Clark!" They noticed him as soon as they walked into the ward.

"How's your mum?" Chloe asked while getting to him quickly, Lex followed.

"It's bad, Chloe." He turned to them, his face miserable. "Very bad…"

"Why? What is it?" Lex asked.

"They say that she caught some blood infection, but they don't know what kind, they're running some tests but…" His voice trailled off.

"Clark?" Chloe had never seen him like that.

"I'm sure she'll be alright, your mum is strong, Clark," Lex tried to comfort him.

"I don't know… they're sending a team from the Disease Control to examine our farm. They think that whatever she caught, it's there."

"Is it contagious?" Lex asked.

"They don't think so… dad!" Clark noticed Jonathan walking out of the doctor office. "How is she?" He got to him.

"No change, Clark." Jonathan patted his son's back.

Chloe and Lex could see how much older Jonathan looked right now, it scared them. Was it that bad?

"I wish I could have my influences right now," Lex sighned.

"Lex, it's not your fault." Chloe hesitated but she touched his arm eventually to give him some comfort. "Money can't save everyone."

"But maybe it would help." He suddenly staggered.

"Lex?" Chloe looked at his face, clearly concerned. "Lex?"

He looked at her puzzled and then he put his hands to his head.

"Lex, what's happening?" He was scaring her. "Lex!"

"Lex!" Clark noticed that something was wrong and got to them in time just to catch Lex before he fell on the floor. "We need a doctor here!"

Ten minutes later Chloe was standing in the door of the room where doctors had put Lex in.

He had the same symptoms that Mrs Kent.

"Chloe…" Clark got to her putting his hands on her shoulders from behind her.

"What if…" Chloe turned to look into his eyes. "Clark… I'm so scared." She was crying.

"We'll be ok, Chloe, they'll be ok, the doctors will save them," he reassured her doing the best he could to believe it himself and hugged her. "We can't lose our hope."

"Is your dad fine? You're all living on that farm and…"

"He's fine. Me too. Don't worry…"

"I'm not worrying about us getting sick, I'm worrying that… that… Lex will die… and I will never get the chance to tell him how I feel about him," she sobbed.

"He knows that, Chloe, you didn't have to say anything, he knows." Clark was stroking her hair. "And I'm sure that you know that he feels the same."

"Stupid age… stupid Lionel… I hate him."

"What happen to the gift of yours? All you can say is 'stupid'?" Clark tried to cheer her up but it was a weak attempt. "Come on, it wouldn't hold an article!"

"Stop."

"And… you're forgetting about one thing."

"What's that?" She wiped tears from her face.

"If it wasn't for Lionel kicking out Lex, you two wouldn't never get so close."

She almost smiled.

"I better go to him…"

She walked inside the room. Lex was lying in bed, still unconscious, connected to some machines and a drip. The sight of him, so sick, so vulnerable, made her want to cry again but she knew she had to be strong.

So Chloe just sat by him and took his hand in hers.

"There's so much I want to tell you…" she sighed. "I just… look at me, Chloe, the brave reporter of the Torch, so good with words and when it comes to telling the right person what I feel… I'm just closing myself in this shell and all I can do is wait until you make the first step… I refuse to believe it's too late, Lex… you know… a week ago I missed you so much that I took a sheet of paper and wrote down my feelings. I would've never read it to you or told you that first but, I guess it doesn't matter now anymore, does it?" She sighed and while still holding his hand with her left one, she reached the other one to her pocket for the paper. "Stupid girl, hah?" she asked him. "I'm even carrying that with myself… I'm the girl of your dreams masquerading as your best friend…"

Clark wanted to go see Lex too but he stopped just by the door when he heard Chloe's words. He knew he shouldn't be listening to that so he just backed out with a sad smile on his face.

"Clark!" His father got to him. "The Disease Control team is heading toward Smallville right now, you have to get to the farm and… move the ship!" He lowered his voice down.

His son just nodded and was already gone.

"Come on, Pete! We have to get this out of here!" He was hurrying up his friend who was driving the truck.

"Clark, do you really want us to get a speed ticket when we have a space ship on the back?" Pete asked. "I'm doing everything I can!... Clark?" He gazed at his friend once more. "Clark, are you ok?"

Clark wasn't, he suddenly felt dizzy like he was just about to pass out. He was glad now that he wasn't the one driving the truck.

"Clark!"

"Just… drive, Pete… I'll be… fine…" he whispered.

"You certainly don't look fine. Did you catch the same disease that your mum and Lex?"

"I'll be fine! Only… kryptonite... can hurt me… remember?"

"Well… if there was kryptonite in that bacteria…"

"Drive!"

And Clark passed out.

Chloe needed coffee. She was sitting by Lex's side too long, she just couldn't stop watching his face, couldn't stop searching for any evidences that would indicate any improvement.

"Please… get better…" she whispered, stood up and kissed his cheek. "Come back to me, Lex…"

When she got into the corridor she noticed Mr Kent talking to a doctor. He didn't look well.

"Mr Kent..." She carefully came closer to him like she was afraid of what she might hear. The doctor was already gone.

"Chloe…" Jonathan's voice faltered.

"Oh no…" She covered her mouth with her hand. "Tell me that they'll be ok!"

"They might… not survive the night…" Mr Kent sat down as the burden was too heavy for him.

"No…" she squealed and then… "Just wait here." She quickly got back to Lex to get her coat and purse. "You'll be fine, I promise you that," she told him and walked out again.

"Chloe…" Jonathan stopped her by the elevator. "What are you doing? Where are you going? You can't help them." He grasped her by her arm.

"No, I can't," she said looking into his eyes, "but I know somebody who will."

"Who?" he asked hesitantly but already knew the answer.

"Lionel Luthor," she just said and got into the elevator.

He didn't try to stop her. The fear for his wife's life overcame his hate for the man mentioned by the small blonde.

Jonathan started to worry that Clark wasn't coming back yet. They should be ready with the ship by now… and he was sure that his son would get back to his sick mother immediately.

Chloe took a deep breath and entered the study room in the mansion. It was so familiar, just like she remembered but with one small detail - it wasn't Lex sitting in the chair behind the desk anymore, it was his father.

"Ms Sullivan, to what do I owe this pleasure?" he asked her but didn't stand up.

Of course, he didn't, she thought, in his view she was beneath him.

"Mr Luthor, believe me, it's not a pleasure. Have you already heard the news?"

"What news?" he asked her, smirking.

"I think you haven't because otherwise you wouldn't be sitting here so relaxed over an afternoon glass of whiskey I presume." She looked at the bottle.

"You're a witty young lady, you know that?"

"Lex is dying," she got straight to the point because she wanted to surprise him to see his true reaction to that news.

But there was no reaction. Was he the devil in a human flesh? She though terrified, she'd just told the man that his son was dying!

"What do you mean, Lex is dying?" Lionel repeated with a question.

"First, Martha Kent got sick and then Lex. It's some kind of an unknown blood disease and the Disease Control is already in Smallville searching the Kent's farm for any bacteria," she recited to him while still carefully watching his face. "Even if they find something… doctors say… they say…" Shit, she scolded herself quietly for that lost of countenance, she couldn't let Lionel see her weakness and that was exactly what she was doing right now! "They say that Clark's mother and your son won't survive the night," she finished with normal voice. Now she could be proud of herself, she hadn't broke, at least not yet.

"And what do you expect from me?"

"Excuse me?" She raised her eyebrows. "What do I expect? I'm sorry, Mr Luthor, but Lex is your son! I can't understand how you could disinherit him like you did and I certainly don't understand you now! It's your son! He's dying! What more do you need? Won't you help him? You have the money and influences, you may be his last chance to live!"

"You know that Lex was never sick in his entire life?"

"What that has to do with anything?" I was baffled.

"It means that whatever attacked his body now… it's nothing like the usual human disease."

"What if that bacteria was infected with meteor rocks? Do you like my theory now?"

She was sick of this game he was playing with her. That man wasn't normal!

Lionel didn't answer and Chloe started feeling much more uncomfortable in this silence.

"Lex is your son," she repeated quietly, almost whispering and looked down. She couldn't bare Lionel's gaze anymore.

"Do you love him?" he suddenly asked what made her look at him again.

"And what that has to do with anything?" she asked puzzled.

"It's a simple question," he said still remaining calm. "Ms Sullivan, do you have feelings toward Lex?"

She didn't answer.

"You do," he answered himself. "I can see that. Otherwise you wouldn't be here. Lex is really going lower and lower… to meddle with a working class…"

"How can you say something like that about your own son?" Chloe stood up, she had enough. "Mr Luthor, I won't be sitting here and listening to those relevant observations. Will you or will you not help him?" She was looking into his eyes, desperately waiting for the affirmation, for the right answer, for the answer she was expecting.

"I will… not," he told her while bending over the table to get closer to her so she could see it clearer on his face." Certainly not what she'd been expecting.

"You are… go to hell," she said strangely calm and turned round.

"You go to Lex! Spend some time with him when you still can!" He almost laughed.

She turned round, tears flowing down her face. She wasn't trying to hide them anymore.

"You know what, Mr Luthor?" Chloe suddenlt felt brave enough to say that. "There is no need for sophisticated words anymore, what I want to say to you can be limited to the one, simplest word in the world… go and… FUCK yourself!" she burst and turned round to the exit leaving him in shock.

What was it, Lionel? Did I offend you? Well… it was exactly what I wanted to do. You don't deserve to be called anything else than a simple fucker.

But when she found herself by her car, she just broke.

She fell on the ground plunging herself in despair.

Tears didn't want to stop flowing…

Lex would die…
    Last edited by TrinityR; 2nd June 2012 at 19:46.

The MB at it again

This is a great story, can't wait for more.

Re: DISINHERITANCE - Lex/Chloe - nc17/ UPADATED 06.01.12

Very interesting begining. I can't wait to see where it goes.

Members

Re: DISINHERITANCE - Lex/Chloe - nc17/ UPADATED 06.01.12

great story. can#t wait for your next update.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information