+ Reply to Thread
Page 26 of 31 FirstFirst ... 162425262728 ... LastLast

Thread: Chlex Drabbles (G+) (Excluded from Fanfic Update-date rule, Julie)

NS Senior Member Senior Member

Re: Chlex Drabbles (G+) (Excluded from Fanfic Update-date rule, Julie)

Takes place during Season 3 and goes AU.

This Ring

The ring was given out of necessity and reason. When Chloe was on her own, his father saw no threat in her. But she had changed the game…and with his involvement came risks. So Lex presented her with this ring. Now she, not his father, had the power over his life.

He focused on this ring that fateful night she helped him ease off the drugs his father had prepared. She held him and whispered words of loyalty and comfort. She kept back the demons…both past and present, imaginary and real.

She twisted this ring around her finger while the verdict sending Lionel to prison was read. They celebrated with wine at Lex’s Metropolis penthouse. No mention of the man who brought them closer was made. Only stories from their past. Secrets never shared with anyone. Afterwards, she stared at this ring and spoke with a trembling voice, “Guess it’s time to remove this.” Before her right hand could make a move, he covered her left with his. “Stop.” Confused, she looked to his face. Though his eyes said everything, still he pleaded, “Be Mrs. Luthor just one more night.”

Hunger and passion poured into every kiss and touch. Hours spent memorizing the planes of each other’s body. Accounting for every gasp, every moan, every beg for more. After finally consummating their three-month marriage, Chloe rested on her husband’s chest. When her heavy breathing subsided, she asked “Mind if I wear this ring a little longer?” Lex grinned as he insisted that she wear it forever.
    Last edited by westwingwolf; 26th July 2009 at 06:50.

Spunky Chick Senior Member hfce's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by westwingwolf View Post

This Ring

The ring was given out of necessity and reason. When Chloe was on her own, his father saw her no threat in her. But she had changed the game…and with his involvement came risks. So Lex presented her with this ring. Now she, not his father, had the power over his life.

He focused on this ring that fateful night she helped him ease off the drugs his father had prepared. She held him and whispered words of loyalty and comfort. She kept back the demons…both past and present, imaginary and real.

She twisted this ring around her finger while the verdict sending Lionel to prison was read. They celebrated with wine at Lex’s Metropolis penthouse. No mention of the man who brought them closer was made. Only stories from their past. Secrets never shared with anyone. Afterwards, she stared at this ring and spoke with a trembling voice, “Guess it’s time to remove this.” Before her right hand could make a move, he covered her left with his. “Stop.” Confused, she looked to his face. Though his eyes said everything, still he pleaded, “Be Mrs. Luthor just one more night.”

Hunger and passion poured into every kiss and touch. Hours spent memorizing the planes of each other’s body. Accounting for every gasp, every moan, every beg for more. After finally consummating their three-month marriage, Chloe rested on her husband’s chest. When her heavy breathing subsided, she asked “Mind if I wear this ring a little longer?” Lex grinned as he insisted that she wear it forever.
    Oh my goodness that was beautiful.
    "Everyone seems normal until you get to know them. "

Drabble Time

Author's Note: Please keep in mind, my SV viewing days ended around S3 so this, and all my fics, are based on what I imagined from that point on, not the horror (from what I've heard) that came after.

Just Friends

They are just friends.

And he finds this arrangement perfectly acceptable.

He is surprised, in fact, she has gone against those around her and made the decision to spend any time with him at all.

He is more than surprised, actually.

One might even say he is relieved.

She is the only thing he still values from his time in Smallville.

She is the only connection he still has.

Sometimes she seems like the only connection he’s ever had.

But, on a night like tonight, he has trouble keeping his perspective.

She is there, but not with him, and dressed for the occasion.

She might not be with him, but she’s dressed for him.

And they both know it.

She glances over her shoulder and winks in his direction.

It takes some degree of self-restraint on his part not to react.

They are just friends, after all.

And he finds that arrangement perfectly acceptable.

Last edited by Reese; 30th July 2008 at 02:08.

Quote Originally Posted by Reese View Post
    Drabble Time

Author's Note: Please keep in mind, my SV viewing days ended around S3 so this, and all my fics, are based on what I imagined from that point on, not the horror (from what I've heard) that came after.

Just Friends

They are just friends.

He is surprised, in fact, she has gone against those around her and made the decision to spend any time with him at all.

And they both know it.

Yeah right he wants to be more than friends. Who is he kidding.

Quote Originally Posted by westwingwolf View Post

This Ring

The ring was given out of necessity and reason. When Chloe was on her own, his father saw her no threat in her. But she had changed the game…and with his involvement came risks. So Lex presented her with this ring. Now she, not his father, had the power over his life.

Omg, that was beautiful! Love it!

walking with cavemen Senior Member Zannie's Avatar

I don't think I've ever even looked at this thread before. Huh. I've just read through a whole bunch of them. I'm pretty sure I'd suck at writing them, but they're fun to read and a lot of them are really good.

westingwingwolf, I really like yours from a few posts up. It's a great scenario, and I love how naturally their relationship seemed to flow from the unnaturalness of its beginnings.

And I went back, Reese, to read "This Time." I'd never read it when you originally posted it. It was lovely, and I love the three-part structure of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Reese View Post
    Just Friends

They are just friends.

And they both know it.

This one is fantastic too. I love the repetition of the "perfectly acceptable" line. It's precisely worded to capture his denial and his attempt at business-like detachment.

I like how succinctly you capture the whole scope of their friendship and developing relationship. And just from the line about how they both know she's dressed for him, we can see exactly to what stage the relationship has progressed and exactly where it will go in the future.

Poor Lex and his detached denial have no hope at all in the face of Chloe and her hot dress and her wink. Heh. Good stuff.

If only I could write anything so short . . .

An Accused Heretic Senior Member Kit Merlot's Avatar

How did I miss these two awesome drabbles?

I liked The Ring and Just Friends because they were both so beautifully passionate yet understated.

Great work.
    KATHY

"Don't quote me to me!" Detective Danny "Danno" WIlliams, Hawaii Five-0, episode 1.8 Mana'o

"This could barely fill up Thumbelina!" SALIGIA by westwingwolf

My Fanfic Master List

My livejournal: An Accused Heretic

An Accused Heretic Senior Member Kit Merlot's Avatar

Here's a little drabble, AU S7. Enjoy

Chloe and Lex sat silently in the courtroom as the verdict was read. They didn’t talk; they just sat side by side, shoulders touching, hands clutched desperately together.

Guilty as charged. The spectators broke out into spontaneous cheers and Chloe found herself being pulled from her chair and into a warm embrace.

She could feel him shaking as she pressed her face into his shirt, trying to hide her tears. Even over all of the shouting, she could still hear his whispered words. “We did it, Chloe. She’ll pay for what she’s done. We did it!”

Lana Lang had been tried in absentia for the double murders of Grant Gabriel and Lois Lane, but she had managed to evade the authorities, running from Smallville on the day the warrant for her arrest was issued.

All of Lana’s Luthor funds–her credit cards, bank accounts, including the secret one she thought Lex didn’t know about–were frozen and unable to be accessed. And Lex placed a $10 million dollar bounty on her return to Kansas, dead or alive.

He was convinced that without any money or contacts, Lana was trapped and would be forced to reveal herself.

Chloe, on the other hand, wasn’t as convinced that Lana didn’t have any powerful friends left.

It was only a matter of time before Lana came out of hiding.

And they would be waiting.

Then it would be Clark’s turn to pay.
    Last edited by Kit Merlot; 20th August 2008 at 02:12.
    KATHY

"Don't quote me to me!" Detective Danny "Danno" WIlliams, Hawaii Five-0, episode 1.8 Mana'o

"This could barely fill up Thumbelina!" SALIGIA by westwingwolf

My Fanfic Master List

My livejournal: An Accused Heretic

Dang Kathy that was good.

NS Senior Member Senior Member

I like it Kit, I can feel the revenge oozing from Chloe and Lex.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information