+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 20 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Masquerade Party (PG13)(completed)

Logan
    Just a Guest!
    Title: Masquerade Party
    Author: Gumby
    Disclaimer: I wish they were mine!
    Summary: Unusual things happen at a Halloween party at the Luthor mansion.
    Rating: PG-13 most likely

I didn't know what category this falls into exactly. The first part is definitely romance...but it changes much later on.

“So Clark, got any plans for this All Hallows Eve?”

Clark looked up from his textbook into the face of his good friend Lex Luthor. He sighed as he looked back down at his book. “Studying. I think no matter how much I study this book I will never be ready for the test on Friday.”

Lex sat opposite him in the booth at the Talon and spun the book around to face him without asking permission. “Ah-History. I am a little bit of a history buff myself.” He put on a wry grin suddenly and added, “If I can get you ready for that test by Friday, I want you to consider coming to a masquerade party at my house on Thursday night-Halloween.”

“Masquerade party?” Clark said incredulously and laughed a little, “I haven’t dressed up for Halloween since I was thirteen.”

Lex smiled. “A masquerade party isn’t exactly trick or treat Clark. Grown ups have these parties. Oh, and give these to our mutual friends.” He said handing a smallish stack of gilded envelopes to Clark.

Leafing through the envelopes Clark saw that they were addressed to Pete, Lana, Chloe, and even one to his mother and father. He smiled at that and looked at Lex with a raised eyebrow.

“I realize your mother and father probably won’t come, but I sincerely want them there.” He spread his hands, “Besides, it will reassure them that this is a harmless party that will not involve alcohol- or any other minority defiling substances. So what do you say,” he said looking back down at Clarks’ book, “do we start studying or what?”

Clark looked at him and smiled. “Give it your best shot.” The two ill-fated friends spent the rest of the afternoon and into the evening with Lex tutoring Clark on the intricacies of American History. For the sake of the class Lex stuck close to the book, though it was obvious many times that he held the writers in disdain and doubted the credibility and authenticity of the so called “historians” that penned the book.

Around the time the Talon was closing Lex snapped the book shut and spoke confidently. “Clark you are ready for this test.” He stood up and grabbed his sports coat, hooking it on his finger and slinging it over his shoulder. “I guess we’re on for Thursday?”

Clark nodded and started to put his books into his bag. “You’re an excellent teacher Lex. I think you missed your calling.” He finished packing and stood up. “Thursday night. I wonder what I can dress up as.”

Smiling at the indirect acceptance of the invitation, Lex said “I’m sure you’ll figure it out.” He turned and walked toward the door, shooting one last question over his shoulder. “Need a ride back to the farm?”

“I think I’ll walk. I could use the fresh air.”

Lex shrugged and opened the door. “Don’t forget to invite your friends.” With that he opened the door and walked out.

As Lex got into his Porsche and started it up he smiled to himself, happy that he could help a friend and that Clark would be coming to the party. Though he knew there was little love between Clark’s friends and himself he really hoped that they would come to the party. As he pulled out onto the main road and headed toward his mansion he thought to himself: I hope one of his friends in particular shows up...

Just me Jules adding in the rating Don't forget that next time (in the topic title or title description).

Yes, I am that Fabulous Senior Member tigerbaby's Avatar
    *squeals* we've got another boy. Justin is going to have to give up his title as Harem King. *snickers*

Welcome Logan and great beginning.

A masked party. Oh the possibilities....

Administrator Senior Member Julie's Avatar
    *squeals* we've got another boy. Justin is going to have to give up his title as Harem King. *snickers*
    Hehe

This was a good beginning, can't wait to see what happens next So... Don't be a stranger, come and update
    Be sure to follow us on Twitter and like us on Facebook for latest updates and news!

Ms.Maeve Rain
    Just a Guest!
    Pleas update!Cool story!

Warunee
    Just a Guest!
    Yay, this was a great start. Please come back and update soon.

scifichick774
    Just a Guest!
    Hee! Nice beginning. And really nice jab at the textbook authors since I always thought that when I was reading them. Looking forward to more.

Escapeism Artist Senior Member asharnanae's Avatar
    ohhh, now this sounds like it gonna be a wonderful droolworth story!! loved the beginning, hope to see more soon!

Hey Ed!!! Glad to see you finally came to NS! And podted your fic, you know I love it already don't ya?

Great start, Logan! Gee, I wonder what is gonna happen next...

spooky

Escapeism Artist Senior Member asharnanae's Avatar
    :biggrin: great start!! cant wait to see where this goes! fantastic stuff, now more as soon as ya can!!!!

:blush: ok, I just realised that I reviewed this twice, chalk it up to my brain being fryed by my pgce corse!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information