+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Prone Defense, PG-13, June 11, 2010

Na-No-Wri-Mo-ing!

Prone Defense, PG-13, June 11, 2010

Disclaimer: I do not own the show or characters and make no money writing them.
    Rating: PG
    Words: 140
    Prompt: YIELD

Lex taught her to fence, and she practiced with him in sessions Chloe knew were useless because he was catering to her novice skill. She grinned at him through her mask and knew he could hear it in her playful jibes.

“You’re a little slower now than when we started today,” she said. “A few more times and I might get you straight in the heart!”

She aimed her foil away from him did one of the little flourishes he had told her was too dangerous and impractical to really use on an opponent, then pulled her mask off. “You’re not letting me win, are you?”

Lex took off his own mask and put it down with his foil. He dragged her hips against his body and sighed, “Chloe, even if I know how, I couldn’t defend myself against you.”
    Last edited by kitten; 12th June 2010 at 01:12.
    Her soul is senstive like a finely made tuning fork. It vibrates and resonates with every little hint of trauma, evil and monstrosity that might be humming in the air, and channels it into expressions of fiction... or recomended websites - somethingeasy

An Accused Heretic Senior Member Kit Merlot's Avatar

Re: Prone Defense, PG-13, June 11, 2010

This was adorable!

I love the idea of Lex's teaching Chloe to fence--great work on this short story
    KATHY

"Don't quote me to me!" Detective Danny "Danno" WIlliams, Hawaii Five-0, episode 1.8 Mana'o

"This could barely fill up Thumbelina!" SALIGIA by westwingwolf

My Fanfic Master List

My livejournal: An Accused Heretic

looking for updates Senior Member somethingeasy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kitten View Post
    Lex taught her to fence, and she practiced with him in sessions Chloe knew were useless because he was catering to her novice skill. She grinned at him through her mask and knew he could hear it in her playful jibes.

“You’re a little slower now than when we started today,” she said. “A few more times and I might get you straight in the heart!”

She aimed her foil away from him did one of the little flourishes he had told her was too dangerous and impractical to really use on an opponent, then pulled her mask off. “You’re not letting me win, are you?”

Lex took off his own mask and put it down with his foil. He dragged her hips against his body and sighed, “Chloe, even if I know how, I couldn’t defend myself against you.”
    This was an excellent ficlet. I'm not sure where it came from exactly (some kind of ficlet challenge? chatroom madness? a birthday present for a Chlex fan?), but thanks for posting it up here for everyone to read, Kitten

I like the idea of Lex playing the role of a defense teacher to Chloe. Although, truthfully I would have preferres Lex deciding to teach her some form of martial arts... which involves a lot of wrestling, rolling around and pinning down to the ground... *fans self* is it getting hot in here?

ahem... anyhow, as I was saying, I always thing Lex would make an excellent teacher. He's just the kind of control freak who would get a kick out of imparting his 'superior knowledge' onto others. He would especially love the idea of Chloe taking instructions from him, just this once on something! Even if she doesn't listen to him on anything else, at least he has the supreme pleasure of having her complete attentive obedience in this regard. lol!

But I loved Lex's ironic admission how, even when he's the superior fencing fighter AND the instructor over here... even when he should have all the power in this exchange/interaction... he still can't help but yield to Chloe It's the perfect way to show exactly how much of a whipped doormat Lex is for Chloe!! Excellent! He not only gives Chloe all the power in the relationship... he likes giving her the power.

Thanks for the amazing ficlet, showing us yet another glimpse into the fun, adorable complexity that is Chlex. This is the reason why I LOVE Chloe and Lex... even when it's fluffy, it's layered and complex!

That was awesome!!! Thanks for writing this beautiful little fic. I love how Lex admits to Chloe that when it comes to her his defenses all fall down. Thanks again!!!!

Spunky Chick Senior Member hfce's Avatar

Damn that was short. LOL!! But very good.
    "Everyone seems normal until you get to know them. "

walking with cavemen Senior Member Zannie's Avatar

I haven't really been in the fic-reading mood lately but I'm torn with this one between appreciating that the brevity doesn't task my short attention span and really kind of wanting a little more. I always love fics where the Chlex activity acts as an analogy for their relationship, and fencing, of course, is perfect for them. You've done a great job giving depth to their interaction here.

And I have to admire your abillity to cut a story off. As you know, cutting stories off briefly is something I find impossible!

By the way, I love your use of the word "dragged" in the last paragraph. Don't know why - it's just perfect.

NS Member
    D.C. by way of a few countries south of the Equator

I really enjoyed this, I love what you convey with such elegant simplicity. And the hint of sensuality at the end -- love it! Thank you for sharing!

this is a great snapshot on ChLex.

NS Senior Member Senior Member Ami Rose's Avatar

Awww so sweet
    *Coffee Break 9:00 to 5:00 Daily.
    *Heaven doesn't want me and hell is afraid I'll take over.
    *Are you crazy?
    *From zero to insane in 1.5 seconds!
    *If I agree with you, then we'd both be wrong!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information