+ Reply to Thread

Thread: A Matter of Trust, Mild R

A Matter of Trust, Mild R

Spoiler(s): None
    Summary: Just how much does Chloe trust Lex?
    Disclaimer: Smallville stole my soul from Doctor Who. Unfortunately, it didn't come with any rights of ownership.
    Author’s Note: Thanks to Sinecure for the beta, and the first paragraph, which served as my prompt.

@~~~

"Wait, you mean to tell me you went to a bondage club and all you got was this crappy t-shirt?" Chloe fingered the white cotton, eyeing the two red stick figures on it, complete with stick figure whip.

Lois grinned. "It's not the only thing I got. It's just the only one safe to share around innocent ears."

Clark gave the two of them a confused look before his cheeks took on a pinkish hue. Chloe snorted, unable to hold back her growing laughter.

His face grew even redder. "I, ah..."

"Don't sweat it, Smallville," Lois snickered, slapping him on the back. "You're secret's safe with us."

"Yeah, Clark," Chloe managed between giggles. "My next byline won't be at the expense of your--"

"Naiveté?" Lois supplied with a smirk.

Chloe tried to reign in her amusement, but the dazed, uncomfortable expression on Clark's face as he looked from her to Lois wasn't helping any.

"I'm gonna go check on Lana...or something," he muttered, making a hasty retreat out of the room, the screen door banging shut behind him.

Taking a few deep breaths, Chloe got herself under control and turned back to her cousin. As hilarious as Clark's innocence was sometimes, there were more important matters at hand.

"So," she said casually, "in between all of your extracurricular activities, did you manage to catch any of Metropolis' elite in any compromising positions?" It was a fine line she had to walk, posing the right question without revealing exactly what she wanted to know.

Who she wanted to know about.

But Lois was completely oblivious and began rummaging around in her purse. "I did run into a certain millionaire we all love to hate with a couple of simpering brunettes."

Chloe caught her breath and waited while Lois pulled her cell phone out and flipped it open. After pushing a few buttons, she held it out for Chloe to see.

"He doesn't really ever veer from his tried and true cliché, does he?"

On the screen was a picture of Lex, immaculately dressed, with an arm around an obviously sloshed brunette, while whispering in the ear of a young debutant. Chloe recognized both of them from the gossip pages.

Her hands tightened into fists.

"So a little S&M floats Lex's boat," she managed, trying to feign nonchalance. "Not surprising I guess."

"Actually," Lois snapped her phone shut, giving Chloe an odd look, "not only did he not get his inner cowboy on, I didn't see him doing anything more risqué than helping the bimbo lightweights to the bathroom before they tossed it all over the dance floor."

Something inside Chloe's chest loosened a little, but she wasn't quite that naïve herself anymore. "Oh, please, Lois, this is Lex Luthor we're talking about. You can't expect me to believe that he behaved like a perfect gentleman the whole night?"

"As hard as it is for me to believe? Yeah."

"So, all he did was make polite small-talk with two attractive women who would've ridden the billionaire rails at a moment's notice?" She wanted to believe it was true, she really did. But Lex wasn't Clark, and the need to make things crystal clear was stronger than the fear that her questioning might arouse Lois' suspicions.

Lois leaned back against the sink, arms crossing over her chest. "As much as it pains me to say this, Lex was the perfect picture of an upstanding citizen. Even called them a cab when they got a little too frisky."

Chloe felt a warmth spreading through her. Lex had had the freedom to do whatever he wanted last night, and hadn't. It was almost too much to handle and she felt the sting of tears welling up in her eyes.

@~~~

"Do you trust me?"

Chloe didn't answer, just stared up at Lex with a look he hadn't seen in years. Not since the day she'd shared what she had on his father, said she'd testify in court if only he would protect her.

That was all the answer he needed.

Leaning down, he pressed his mouth to hers with a sigh of relief. Felt her opening beneath him, her tongue skittering restlessly against his lips.

The last few days things had been tense between them. Ever since Parker Donahue from Luthorcorp's London office had requested a change in venue for their annual meeting, indicating an interest in a local gentlemen's club. Lex hadn't expected Chloe to take the news so poorly, but he supposed the thought should have crossed his mind.

She'd been nervous, though he had never had any intention of availing himself of the club's clientele. But their relationship was rocky at the best of times, and there were still far too many trust issues between them for any sort of stability.

With his history...

For whatever reason though, he knew she believed him now. And that was all that mattered.

She was his, fully and completely. Trusting him in ways he'd never imagined. It was enough to make him harden considerably.

Pulling back far enough to look down at her, sprawled out naked on his bed, he asked, "How about we see just how far that trust goes?"

Chloe grinned at him, tugging slightly on the restraints that were binding her arms to his bed. "What did you have in mind?"

NS Senior Member Senior Member

Re: A Matter of Trust, Mild R

There's a good Lex, behaving when not in Chloe's company but being daring when he is. So if Lois goes back to the club, and spies Lex and Chloe there together, what would she do?

looking for updates Senior Member somethingeasy's Avatar

This was a wonderful little look into a Chlex relationship. Kind of like a beautiful little snap-shot which manages to capture some of the dynamics of their relationship in just a quick, brief visual. I liked how you conveyed so many little details of their relationship in relatively few words, momdaegmorgan.

First of all, I enjoyed the Lois and Chloe interaction. It was fun seeing the two cousins having a fun, snarky conversation together. Especially with their comments about the T-shirt that Lois picked up. ROTFLMAO! Only one of these two cousins would go into an S&M club and come back gleefully with a souvenir T-shirt as a present, ROTFLMAO!

It was highly amusing seeing poor Clark embarrassed and out of his depths with these two women. I think one of the reasons why he’s with Lana is because he’s not courageous enough to handle the stresses and challenges of an independent woman like Lois or Chloe. The poor foolish boy.

heee! I loved the way that Chloe subtly pushed and probed for the information that she wanted out of Lois, without Lois having the slightest inkling that she was being probed. It’s always great to see how alike the two cousins are, but it’s also highly satisfying to see Chloe demonstrating intelligence, subtlety, discretion and investigative skills that are considerably superior to Lois’s bull-dog methods to journalism. It’s NICE to see our high regard for Chloe validated in these little ways.

I loved seeing Chloe probing quite strongly, checking into Lex’s fidelity. It was obvious that Chloe was half-sure that she was going to discover that Lex spent the whole night in a threesome with a pair of slender brunettes. She seemed nearly as surprised as Lois herself to discover that Lex had been the ‘perfect gentleman’ throughout the evening.

The interesting thing is that I don’t think Chloe’s mistrust came from not being able to believe that Lex is unable of being faithful… but I think Chloe has inferiority issues, where she’s convinced that she’s not the kind of person who inspired devoted faithfulness. Finding out that Lex stayed loyal to her, despite delectable temptation, must have been a wonderfully self-validating experience for her.

I just wanted to hug Lex for playing his inadvertent part in soothing Chloe’s insecurities, and building up her confidence, just a little bit more.

It was even more awesome finding out that Lex himself has some inferiority issues. Not in his ability to inspire faithfulness as much as in his ability to inspire trust from others. He was as touched, warmed and elated as Chloe to discover that he had her pure, ‘unquestioning’ and unadulterated trust in all things.

erm… let’s hope he never ever finds out about Chloe checking so thoroughly into his behaviour at the club from an independent source, eh? For now, let’s enjoy the fact that the Chlex couple have played their part in alleviating each other’s issues (a tiny bit) and boosting each other’s confidence levels.

Damn, momdaegmorgan, did you have to cut off the fic at the part where the ‘tied up smut’ was just starting up?!?? You really like to torture your readers as well as your characters, don’t you?!?

An Accused Heretic Senior Member Kit Merlot's Avatar

This was just lovely!

I'm proud of Lex for not doing anything stupid with those bimbos and for Chloe for being willing to trust him and not jump to conclusions.

Great work on this story
    Last edited by Kit Merlot; 25th May 2010 at 14:12.
    KATHY

"Don't quote me to me!" Detective Danny "Danno" WIlliams, Hawaii Five-0, episode 1.8 Mana'o

"This could barely fill up Thumbelina!" SALIGIA by westwingwolf

My Fanfic Master List

My livejournal: An Accused Heretic

Spunky Chick Senior Member hfce's Avatar

Oh man you left at the really good part. I love Chlex smut. But Chloe is one smart cookie making sure her man is doing good. I loved this fic.
    "Everyone seems normal until you get to know them. "

NS Full Member

i love whatturned Lex on was Chloe's trust/ Lovely short story. thank you!

NS Member
    D.C. by way of a few countries south of the Equator

That was really great! Somethingeasy said everything I'd like to say with much more eloquence so I'll just say thank you!

Escapeism Artist Senior Member asharnanae's Avatar

fantastic fic

walking with cavemen Senior Member Zannie's Avatar

I really like this! You do a great job capturing a deep relationship between two complex people in just a couple of little snippets. Very polished dialogue.

This was really enjoyable!

NS Senior Member Senior Member Ami Rose's Avatar

Lmao that was great
    *Coffee Break 9:00 to 5:00 Daily.
    *Heaven doesn't want me and hell is afraid I'll take over.
    *Are you crazy?
    *From zero to insane in 1.5 seconds!
    *If I agree with you, then we'd both be wrong!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information