+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Against All Odds (june 25, 2010) Rating: PG13 ch 11

NS Junior Member

Against All Odds (june 25, 2010) Rating: PG13 ch 11

Disclaimer: Do not own do not wish to own because then I would be responsible for the travesty that Smallville now is today so please do not sue

A/N: Hi this is my first fic posted on this site and I hope I do this right please review

Summary: Lex never met Desiree and Chloe never met Jimmy in end of season one beginning of season two

----

Chapter One The Dance and First date

Chloe Sullivan is a very happy person. She is working her dream job even if it is being a lowly intern with no pay, She thinks this as she arrives at her cousin Lois' apartment. When she enters the humble abode of her cousin, Lois is sitting on her sofa flipping through her channels. When the tall brunette notices her cousin she smiles and says "Hey cuz lets go out tonight to a club to celebrate."

"Celebrate, what pray tell are we celebrating?" She asks curiously and cautiously smiles at her crazy over zealous cousin.
    "Well my baby cousin lets see, your back in the city even though you'll be leavein' in about two days, I aced my headache inducing paper, you've finally gotten over that guy, what's his face, your working your dream job," pick one.

Chloe tunes out for a moment, and is slightly stunned, is she really over Clark She realizes she hadn't thought about him in a few weeks she'd been too busy, now when she thinks of the farm boy her heart no longer does summersaults, and the nauseous making anger is gone. She looks at her cousin, who looks back expectantly then Chloe says "Where are we going?"
    Lois puts a michievious smile on her face and answers, "C'mon lets go, it's a surprise."

Lex sits in a night club in Metropolis trying to forget his father Lionel Luthor permanently blind and played on his best friend's mother's maternal instinct to get her to work for him. He still hadn't found out his father's angle on that, he stops thinking for a moment and turns to watch all the dancers when suddenly he notices a familiar short blonde haired girl with a taller brunette. Both were just sitting down with a drink in their hand. He puts on a smile and heads over to them. he walks up to their table and lightly taps the blonde on the shoulder praying he is right and it is who he thinks it is. When the blonde turns Lex realizes that it is indeed Chloe Sullivan and he sees recognition in her eyes. "A little far from Smallville aren't you Miss Sullivan." She smiles that thousand watt smile and Lex feels a tug in his heart. The girl next to her narrows her eyes and crosses her arms over her chest and begins to say, "Look pal-"

"Care to dance Miss Sullivan?" Lex asks cutting off the brunette with her and surprising them both.
    Chloe looks to Lois with a slight pleading look in her eyes, the brunette girl rolls her eyes but nods all the same.

They get out on the dance floor just as a slow song begins. they drift in slow circles. they dance for a few moments before Lex asks "Who are you with Miss Sullivan?"
    "Oh that's my cousin Lois Mr. Luthor, I‘m staying with her while I‘m interning at the planet." she says peering up at him.
    He nods and says "Please call me Lex, Mr. Luthor is my father."
    "Sure if you call me Chloe." He smirks at her and they spend the rest of the dance in silence.
    To Chloe it only seems like a few minutes when Lois taps them on the shoulder and says, "Hey Chlo' they're closing in a few." She sees her cuz nod and then she turns turns back to Lex and Chloe tells him, "I had a nice time Lex."

"Me too," he says a little dazed.

On the way back to Lois' apartment she says "I can't believe you left me alone for three hours for Lex Luthor notorious playboy this was supposed to be an all girls 'no boys allowed' celebratory thing," she peaks at her cousin who is staring at the window and notices she's not even paying attention and continues on her rant, "your not even listening to me are you"

"Huh," the petite blonde murmurs.

"Oh never mind," Lois grumbles.

----

Lex could not stop thinkng about dancing that night with Chloe the night before, how her body aligned perfectly with his like two pieces of a jig saw puzzle. He cursed himself again for not getting her cousin's number and no one under his employ could find the number of her cousin. He sighed in frustration and runs his hand over his head, and stares out his large window in his office in Luthorcorp. A few moments later his secretary, an older women with a kind smile and eyes, lays a post-it note on his desk on it is a phone number and below is written 'Lois Lane's phone number' making a mental note to give his secretary a generous bonus he picks up the phone and quickly dials the number. After three rings a voice sounds on the other line "Lane here"

"Hello Miss Lane may I speak to Chloe?" he says hoping she is there.

"Yeah hang on, CUZ YOU'VE GOTA PHONE CALL!" Lois yells in Lex's ear.
    He hears the shifting of phone handlers and then, "Hello," Lex's heart pounds in his chest almost painfully and his suave coolness is thrown out the window and nervousness and fear of rejection sets in.

"Chloe this is Lex Luthor," he begins to tap his pen against his desk in nervousness.

"Oh Hi Lex what can I do for you," She asks pleasantly surprised.

"I was wondering if you would enjoy dinner with me tomorrow night say around seven,"

"I'd love to Lex," she smiles happy at this unexpected turn of events

"Great i shall pick you up at six forty-five," he says smirking into the phone.

"Great I'll see you then,"

"Yes you certainly will good-bye Chloe,"

"Bye Lex," he heard a click and breathed a sigh of relief.

The two cousins in Lois' bedroom the following night, as Chloe gets ready for her date. The petite blonde stands in front of the full-length mirror with two dresses trying to choose between the two. The room looks like a twister hit clothes strewn everywhere in Chloe's quest to find the perfect outfit. "-Look cuz all I'm saying is Luthor has the ability to break your heart he is kind of a manwhore." Lois says from where she is sitting on the bed.

"You know Lo' you are kinda rainin' on my parade." Chloe smiles falsely slightly cvexed at her cousin's attempt to talk Chloe into canceling on Lex.

"I'm sorry Chlo' but I don't want to see you get hurt again, I mean you just got over Clark. I really don't think you want Baldy to be your rebound guy."

"Look Lois I really like him ok, so I'm going to go tonight" she says deciding on a dress and quickly putting it on, having done her hair and make-up before hand, then continues,

"I've only got one more day left in my internship then I'm going back to Smallville ,and I, we decide to persue a relationship then we will have enough problems with out you adding or meddling in them." Lois is stunned and slightly proud at how independent her cousins become.

The door bell rang and Chloe quickly goes to answer it. Lex is stunned into silence at the vision of beauty before him, sure he'd noticed that she was cute before but standing there in front of him in a black dress that ended tight above her knees it was low cut without looking whorish the straps coming to hook together behind her neck with matching strappy heels. after he regains his speaking capabilities he said, "Shall we." She beams at him and nods closing the door behind her.

Lex takes her to a quaint small romantic restaurant. After they order the food they begin to talk at first about random stuff from politics to art. Then the conversation turns to the leafy little hamlet they both call home. "Well Mr. Ross has a new girlfriend, Lana and Clark" he responds to her previous question to know about the African American boy.
    "Any 'Wall of Weird' stories I missed and how's Clark and Lana?" she asks not feeling anything but friendship towards both brunettes now.

"Surprisingly no, the 'Meteor Freaks' as they have been fondly known haven't made an appearance since your absence, I guess they enjoy the attention. Clark and Lana are still playing the 'just friends card'." He sees no reaction other than curiosity when he answers about the Farm boy and town princess, and that pleases him.

"I also heard your dad was injured is that true," Chloe notices Lex stiffen and was about to say never mind when he does answer

"My father is now permanently blind and is staying with me for 'Father Son Bonding' and Mrs. Kent works for him now."

"I'm sorry about your dad Lex,"

"Don't be Chloe he doesn't deserve your pity," Lex says smirking at knew that Lex and his father didn't have the best relationship, maybe the condition Lex's dad is in will be the push they need to get past all the hurt and mistrust in the past. Appearently they teach mind reading at Luthorcorp. because Lex then said, "My father is only there to meddle in my life Chloe."

They then changed the subject to more cheery topics.
    The walk up to Lois' apartment Lex feels nerves take over he knew that she goes back to Smallville, and he wanted to pursue these feelings developing for the blonde next to him, but the question is, did she want to as well. "Chloe do you have a ride back to Smallville?"

"Lois was going to drive me why?"

"Because I was going to give you a ride if you needed one." he says, knowing if he didn't he'd probably chicken out and run and always wonder about the what if's.

"That'd be great actually Lois won't have to drive to Smallville," by then they'd reached the green door of Lois' apartment. He leans in slightly for a kiss goodnight, but giving her enough room to walk away however instead of walking away she reaches up and gently brushes her lips against his. "I'd wanted to do that all night" he whispers as she pulls away. He captures her lips again goes to deepen the kiss pushing her back against the door. neither heard the knob turn, and as the door opens they stumble backwards into the doorway and fall onto the herd wood floor. They look up to see a very pissed off Lois Lane in pj's tapping her bunny slippered clad foot, her hair messy from sleep. Lex quickly gets up and helps Chloe to her feet then quickly leaves mumbling his good-bye to Chloe.
    After Lois firmly shuts the door she begins to lecture Chloe, which ends in an argument and Chloe telling her cousin that Lex is taking her home tomorrow.
    ----

A/N: I know its a cheesy start but it does get better I promise.
    Last edited by Chloe Gilmore O'niel; 19th July 2010 at 08:28.

Administrator Senior Member Julie's Avatar

Re: Against All Odds (March 31, 2010)

*bump* This got stuck in moderation queue

Also, please add in a rating in the thread title
    Be sure to follow us on Twitter and like us on Facebook for latest updates and news!

looking for updates Senior Member somethingeasy's Avatar

This was an interesting fic. One one hand, it seems like a fluffy ficlet that's headed towards an inevitable sweet, happy ending... yet I can somehow sense something ominous, traumatizing and dark on the horizon. Or perhaps that's just me?

Anyhow, it got off to a very sweet, wholesome start. A lot of fics start off with Chloe in some kind of miserable situation where she's lacking something fundamentally needed in her life. Sometimes it's love, family, companionship, money, success, etc. But this fic started off with Chloe in a darned good place. Granted, she doesn't have a sexy lover in her life, but everything else seems wonderful... she's on good terms with her beloved cousin, so she's not lacking for companionship; her work is going great; and she's relishing the thrill of being single, rather than moping about it. All in all, it seems like she has good cause to celebrate her life as is.

And now it seems like Lex has entered the picture to woo Chloe out of genuine, sincere interest in her sparkling personality. He's not pursuing her out of any underlying agenda, except for his preference for her company (and her hot, luscious body of course, LOL!).

Overall, it seemed like a very sweet start to what seems to be a very sweet fic... if only I could get rid of the feeling that something terrible is just about to happen to Chloe and/or Lex Not that I want anything terrible, traumatizing, thrilling, interesting, horrendous, fun, intense, intriguing and monstrous to happen to the couple of course

Happy-ending addict Senior Member lexie's Avatar

I agree with somethingeasy, this is a sweet start, I like the fact that you've set the fic in the second season and that Lionel's still around.

I'm curious to see how the citizens of Smallville will take this new couple.Will Desirée make an appearance or will you simply rewrite the whole story?
    Last edited by lexie; 2nd April 2010 at 18:47.
    Thxs to beeej for the avi

A MASTER LIST OF ALL MY COMPLETED WORKS & WIPs w/PDFs

"PERMANENT" WIPs (UNLESS MY CHLEX MUSE AWAKENS AGAIN AND I GET A LONG-NEEDED CLONE OF MYSELF)

"Choices"May 30 '11

"At Second Sight" August 21 '11

PODFIC REQUESTS

INTERVIEW

VIDEOS

NS Junior Member

Against All Odds (April 3,2010) PG13

A/N: Thanks for the reviews I loved it this fic is also on Fanfiction.Net under the same title, I've changed like one thing and that is mainly grammar, and the combining of Chapters. Unfortunately Lana (Blech) is a nice person in this fic {Sorry if you are a Lana Fan}

Rating (Forgot it before): G-PG13

----

Chapter 2: The Obstacles that are Parental Units

Chloe was packed sitting on the couch and waiting for Lex who'd be there any minute. Lois and her not speaking still angry about the night before. Lois comes in and sits next to her and says "Look Chlo I'm sorry but Istill don't approve of you dating Lex Luthor" she says trying to mend a fence.

"That's your perogative Lois but I'm not a child and you aren't my father," then the doorbell resounds in the small apartment and Chloe adds "Lois you're like my sister so were bound to disagree, but this is my decision to make and you'll always be my favorite cousin," with that said she hugs the brunette tightly and goes to answer the door.
    ----

For the first few hours they listened to the radio in comfortable silence Lex is nearly itching to ask her the question he'd wanted to ask when they had danced two nights ago. Chloe however must have read his mind and beats him to it by turning to him and asking, "Do you want to give whatever this thing is that we're doing a chance see how far it can go?" He sees the nervousness clear in her eyes as she bites her bottom lip. Lex couldn't help but think biting that lip for her, He smiles and answers, "Yes, I thought neither of us would summon up enough courage to ask that question, but Chloe there will be several obstacles in our path such as: our age difference, and the town will probably not accept us, and my father will never want me to truly be happy with anyone, then there's the press you'll be under a microscope-"

Chloe cuts him off by placing a finger to his lips and says with an amused smirk, "Lex, breathe, I want to pursue this as much as you do probably more so what ever comes our way we'll deal with the problems as they come and I'm sure with our combined brains and stubborness we can weather our way thru anything." she withdraws her finger from his lips. He smiles and continues to look at the road. out of the corner of his eye he sees Chloe pale slightly before she says "Oh God what are we gonna tell my dad," Chloe looks at him and continues, "Do I tell him your my boyfriend, or that we're dating? I mean your his boss."

"Well if he doesn't approve I won't fire him I promise. Besides what happened to your 'we'll take what life throws at us one problem at a time' attitude"

"Lex I'm serious," she says lightly hitting him on the arm.

In mock pain he says as they pass the 'Welcome to Smallville the Meteor Capital of the World' sign, " We'll simply tell him we're seeing each other. If he doesn't approve will you want to break-up,"

Chloe looks into Lex's stormy blue orbs and sees the fear and slight worry before saying," No Lex I care too much about you to do that." seeing the relief and utter happiness in his eyes.

"Ooh stop at the 'Talon' I need caffeine to confront my dad, please Lex" she pouts until he rolls his eyes and pulls up next to the building.
    ----

They see the familiar hair of Lana Lang, her back turned to them. "Hey can have a Latte to go please," Chloe says with a Smirk on her face as the brunette turns and smiles at the pair, "Chloe you're back! and Lex how're you," she says as the three go to sit on one of the comfortable red couches in the coffeeshop, then Chloe notices an old piece of paper clutched in Lana's hand, "We're fine Lana. What have you got there?" Chloe says as Lex puts his arm around Chloe and she leans into him.

"It is a letter I got when I went to the graveyard last night," She hands them the letter and raises an eyebrow at the two people sitting across from her. they quickly readit and are touched by how romantic it is. Chloe hands the letter back to Lana and scoots closer to Lex just now realizing how tired she is.

Clark shows up at the same time as their coffee and he quickly notices two of his best friends, "Chloe you're back," he is glad that his friend is back. then he notices how close Chloe and Lex were sitting and raises his eyebrows, "and you're with Lex,"

"Yeah Lex and I are dating." she says smiling happily
    Clark is worried for Chloe he knows how Chloe can treat women and if he's completly honest with himself slightly jealous, "Well that's... great. So Lana any news about our mystery poet?"

"No but I'm going to find out." she answers him.

"Lana you should be careful," Clark says.

Chloe ,seeing the annoyed and slightly angry look on Lana's face, Quickly says "Lana, Clark we'll hang out later but I need to get home soon or dad'll worry. Lana I hope you find you mystery man and he actually turns out to be a normal man, and if you need help let me know."

When they reach her house Chloe's nerves begin to set in. she opens the door and calls out to see if her father's home, while Lex sets down her suitcase. Gabe sullivan stands in his entryway looking at his boss and daughter. "Mr. Luthor, Chloe, hi honey. Thank you Mr. Luthor for bringing her home i hope she wasn't too bothersome."

"Not at all Mr. Sullivan she was actually a wonderful conversation and please call me Lex."

"Uh dad Lex and I have something to tell you maybe you should sit down." Chloe says nervousness in her whole demeanor.
    ----

Gabe stares into space shocked at what his daughter just told him. His daughter was dating his boss, a Luthor "Um Lex could you please leave I'd like to speak with my daughter alone."

"Sure Mr. Sullivan," Chloe walks him to his car, He hated to admit it but he was scared what if her father makes her stop seeing him. they'd reached his car and Chloe reaches up to kiss him, Realizing that this may be thier last kiss he pulls her to him and pours all the passion and feelings for her in that kiss. When they finally stop kissing Lex is smugly satisfies at the dazed look and almost silly smile on her face.

Chloe watches Lex drive away her body still tingling after the kiss. She walks back to her house slowly. when she returns to her living room she sees her father a stern look on his face, sitting back on the couch his arms crossed over his chest. "I don't like this Chloe he's my boss."

"Geez couldn't you give him a chance."

"No he'll only hurt you in the end, plus he's twenty-three and you're only sixteen a newly turned sixteen, may I add."

"So, look Ireally like him and he really likes me can't you just be happy for me daddy,"

"I want you to stop seeing him he's too old for you and you'll get hurt."

"Dad I'm not a child anymore, you do not get a say in this" she says this in a low voice knowing if she yelled she'd say something she truly regret. Seeing her father set in his resolve she nods feeling the stinging in her eyes and heads into her room she takes out her duffel bag and begins to fill it with clean clothes "Chlo' what are you doing?"

"Leaving," she says simply as the tears begin to spill over.

"Look honey I'm only trying to keep you from getting hurt, and seven years is a lot Chloe,"

"But what's the point in living if you aren't brave enough to take that leap and risk getting hurt" she says trying to convey her point but not seeing it get through to her stubborn old man

"But he's my boss,"

"Is that what you're really worried about the rumors you'll hear from you're friends at your weekly poker games." she says through angry tears.

"You know it isn-"

"Move dad I'll find somewhere else to stay, call me when you've changed your mind." She
    then proceeds to walk out of her home and to her car.
    ----

Chloe drove on autopilot her brain no longer telling it directions as she lets the tears of anger and sadness flow freely down her face. When she arrives at Lex's mansion she's not really thay surprised. She's quickly let in and shown to his office. She sees him working on his laptop When he sees her red puffy eyes and a duffel bag over her shoulder. He quickly goes over to her making her put the bag down, then wrapping his arms around her. She buries her head in his chest and finally begins to sob. He rubs her back comfortingly until the sobs racking her small frame subside. When she finally stops crying Lex leads them over to the sofa and says, "Judging by your appearance I take it your father wasn't very supportive." he wipes away the left over tears dampening her cheeks.

"No he uh basically said that with the age difference and the fact that your his boss will eventually lead to me with a broken heart. I got so mad that I left and ended up here." she explains.

Lex contemplates what the're doing for a moment and realizes how much he could hurt her and briefly thinks about walking away but even the thought makes his chest hurt and something deep inside him snarls at the mere thought of breaking off the budding relationship with the petite blonde beside him. However the thought that the town would not approve, and eventually Chloe will agree and leave stirs in his brain and heart. "You can stay here we have at least five spare bedrooms."

"Thanks Lex I'd love to," She sniffles kissing him softly on the lips the thought of sleeping in his arms instead flitted into her mind but she quickly chases the thought away.

"Lex," the gruff male voice of Lionel Luthor sounds from the doorway.

Lex closes his eyes and sighs in frustration before saying "Yes Dad,"
    Lionel smells a new female perfume in the air and smirks while saying, "What kind of exquisite creature did you bring home Lex,"

"Dad this is Chloe Sullivan My girlfriend," Chloe is pleasantly surprised and shocked when she looks at Lex and sees the possessiveness in his eyes. Chloe quickly gets up to shake the man's hand.

"Sullivan, are you by any chance related to Gabe Sullivan?"

"He's my dad," Chloe answers as Lionel's hand covers hers. Chloe' skin begins to crawl as this creeped out feeling enters her gut. she quickly pulls her hand out of his politely.

"I look foward to getting to know you better Miss Sullivan," Lionel says while walking from the room.

"Lex your dad gives me the creeps," Chloe tells her boyfriend, who smirks, as he picks up her bag and begins to lead her to the guest rooms.
    ----

A/N: I really don't care about age differences but for the sake of my story I had to add the argument with Gabe, and I hope he wasn’t too OOC. Here is your drama that was looming in the horizon.
    Last edited by Chloe Gilmore O'niel; 12th April 2010 at 04:54.

Re: Against All Odds (April 3,2010)

Darling, you aren't supposed to open a new thread (topic) every time you pòst a new chapter. You simply click on the reply button at the top or at the bottom of the thread and post the new instalment.

In order to add the update date so that everyone knows there's a new chapter, you press the edit button on the first message you posted, then press Go advanced so that the field where you have typed the title opens and you can add the new date. Then you press "Save" and voilà.

I'll PM Julie to merge this post with the previous one.
    Last edited by lexie; 3rd April 2010 at 08:35.

"PERMANENT" WIPs (UNLESS MY CHLEX MUSE AWAKENS AGAIN AND I GET A LONG-NEEDED CLONE OF MYSELF)

"Choices"May 30 '11

PODFIC REQUESTS

INTERVIEW

VIDEOS

Administrator Senior Member Julie's Avatar

Re: Against All Odds (April 3,2010)

Merged together with the other thread.

Also, don't forget to add in the rating in the thread/topic title. If you don't know how, please take a look at this guide:

http://forums.naughty-seduction.net/...ead.php?t=6350
    Be sure to follow us on Twitter and like us on Facebook for latest updates and news!

NS Junior Member

Re: Against All Odds (April 3,2010) Rating: G-PG13

Chapter 3: Intervention

Chloe stares at the unfamiliar ceiling in one of the large guestrooms in the mansion like she's been doing for the past few hours. She's way to wired and curious to sleep. She pushes back the blanket and creeps out of bed and quietly begins to snoop. about an hour later of snooping she realizes she's completely lost. She wanders passed a door with the light on. she didn't hear the door of said room open which is why when Lex taps her on the shoulder she nearly jumps out of her skin. "Chloe what are you doing?" he asks.

"Jeez Lex you scared me," she turns to see Lex Luthor no shirt wearing silk blue pajama pants. Chloe's eyes slowly takes in his lean muscular frame. She swallows hard and tries to chase away the chills going down her spine. "I could't sleep maybe we could talk awhile." He nods and motions her to follow him to his room. she slides into the bed the black silk sheets soft against her skin. She notices how the sheets contrast with Lex's pale skin.

The next morning Lex feels a weight on his chest and leg. his slides open his gray blue eyes and sees a head of blonde hair. the night before now remembered he realizes they must have fallen asleep talking. she tilts her head in her sleep and notices the peacefulness of her sleep. he simply stares at her awed at her beauty, as the sun filters through his window giving her a slight halo around her. she begins to stir and opens her eyes revealing large emerald green orbs.

"Morning Lex," she says sitting up stretching her tank top rides up a little revealing a good amount of her smooth creamy skin. Lex simply stares at it from his place on the bed as he says, "Morning beautiful, do you need directions to your room?" he sees the blush creep its way into her cheeks and neck.

"If you would be so kind," she sees his smirk as he gets out of bed and leads her back to his room.

When she is back in her room she begins to get ready for her day. she chooses what she'll wear, a pair of jeans and a form fitting black shirt with a red outline and the busy flare that Chloe always wears. Chloe then goes into the luxurious bathroom and asks "Where are your towels?" Lex, who'd been leaning against the doorframe watching her, answers,

"Under the sink. How long do you think you'll be staying?"

"Until my dad changes his mind, why sick of me already," she teases a grin on her face.
    Lex walks over to her and wraps his arms around her, "Chloe I could never be sick of you, I was merely curious. I shall leave you to get ready." kissing her forehead, and leaving her alone.

Chloe goes to the 'Talon' later that day to get some coffee before going to the 'Torch'. when she spoke to Lana she found out the conclusion to the 'mystery poet' knew the instant Lex walks into the coffee shop, she could feel his intense presence. he quickly goes over to Chloe and places his hand on the small of her back. Handing the papers he'd brought for Lana to look over to the brunette. He turns his face to Chloe and kisses her temple breathing deeply to smell her scent. She leans into him reveling in his touch closing her eyes as his lips move to her jaw. They heard someone cough and they jump apart

"Sorry guys but people were beginning to stare and I'd like this place to remain G rated." she says smiling, handing Lex back the papers, glad Chloe was able to find someone who deserves her. She saw Chloe turn beet red and Lex has a happy smirk on his face.
    ----

Lex had no idea what came over him at the 'Talon'. Lex knows he's falling in love with Chloe and quickly, he just hoped she feels the same the scared insecure little boy inside him that never quite disappeared told him that the blonde couldn't possibly be in love with him yet. he arrives at the mansion and goes into the library, where the reports he need for his meeting tomorrow, he finds his father asleep on the sofa his face looks peaceful devoid, of all his scorn, strife, and schemes; he looked ten years younger. he smiles and covers his father with the blanket laying on the back of the couch. Then the smile dissolves into a scowl, and mentally berates himself for the sentimentality of the moment.

The doorbell rings bringing Gabe Sullivan out of his worry filled reverie for his daughter. He answers the door and sees his oldest niece at the door. "Lois Chloe isn't here,"

"Hi Uncle Gabe I actually came to talk to you," she says coming in he shuts the door before she continues, "I'm worried, Chloe could get hurt dating a guy like Lex."

"I'm glad someone agrees" he says relieved he now has someone on his side
    ----

Chloe's in Lex's office the next day talking to Mrs. Kent and listens to the light pattering of the drizzle outside, when Chloe's phone rings in her pocket, "Sorry Mrs. Kent I have to take this." she says to Martha when she sees 'dad' flashing on the caller I.D. he kind woman nods and out of the room happy that Chloe found someone who can make her happy and not just use as a go-to girl.

"Hey dad," Chloe says.

"Hi sweetie, we need to talk Chloe maybe you could come by this afternoon and maybe work through this."

"Sure dad, see you this afternoon," she says hoping she can convince her dad to give Lex a chance.

"Thank you sweetie," they then hang up and Chloe smiles happily and stares out the window.

"So your dad wants to reconcile," Lex says from behind her startling her. At his chuckle Chloe smacks him lightly on the arm.

"Yeah, I think I should go alone though because there will be enough tense awkwardness as it is." He nods and kisses her softly on the lips. they go to deepen the kiss at the same time. he picks her up and places her on the a few seconds of serious making out they hear a series of loud thuds on the hardwood floors causing him to jump apart almost as if burned. they turn to see a very shocked wide-eyed Martha Kent her jaw practically on the floor, in the door, way a pile of books at her feet, "S-sorry I should've n-knocked," she stammers.

"Don't worry about it Mrs. Kent I need to get ready to leave anyway," Chloe says trying to catch her breath and slow her rapidly beating heart, cheeks tinted with a blush. Helping the older woman picking up the books she dropped. after all the books are off the floor and in Mrs. Kent's hands she leaves sending Lex a smile.
    Martha watches the pair with interest and slight amusement. Then after Chloe leaves Martha observes Lex with a knowing smile before saying, "If you hurt her Lex this whole town will be in your yard with torches and pitchforks," a wry smile forms on her lips.

"Don't worry Mrs. Kent I don't plan on hurting her." Lex says staring at the spot Chloe was last.
    ----

"What's going on here dad?" Chloe says warily upon seeing Lois, Pete, Clark, and her dad in her living room.

"An intervention," Lois says as if its the most obvious thing in the world. Chloe's Stomach churns in anger and disgust.

"Please Chloe just sit down and hear us out before you get mad." Pete says

"Fine, Pete, but I'm already pissed, and yes my vocabulary may be a little more colorful than usual guys." she says sitting on the chair they already set out for her.
    ----

About an hour later Chloe's patience has about run dry, her head is pounding, and her ire is becoming evident to all. They'd been telling her how much Lex could hurt her and when Pete mentions that again something in Chloe snaps, "where's the proof that he'll break my heart!" Chloe nearly snarls at them.

"Chloe to people like Lex Luthor people are just a means to an end." This comes from her father who's sitting on the couch in her living room.

The unshed tears begin to blur her vision as she turns to Clark, "Lex is one of your best friends how in the Hell could you do this to him?"

"I'm just trying to protect you," he says with the face of a kicked puppy. A sob escapes her throat Lois, taking this as a good sign, comes over and rubs her back.
    Chloe quickly moves away from her cousin and says, "I'm in love with Lex," that realization hits her suddenly and suddenly needs to see Lex. Looking at the stunned silent faces of her friends and family and murmurs, "I can't listen to this anymore." She grabs her purse and keys and quickly leaves happy that she didn't bring in her stuff.

----
    A/N: I hope you’re happy with it, and that I did it right. and keep the reviews coming I am addicted.
    Last edited by Chloe Gilmore O'niel; 3rd April 2010 at 21:00.

NS Junior Member

Chapter 4: Couches and Ryan

The drizzle turned into a down pour. she gets in her car and quickly drives towards the direction of the mansion. Half way to the mansion her car breaks down. after cursing her luck she takes out her phone and dials Lex's number.

"Luthor here," his voice drawls.

"Lex my car's broken down on the road back to your place, can you come get me."

"Sure Chloe," concern clearly in his tone, at hearing the tears in her voice.

After a minute of so she begins to feel the walls of the already confined space close in on her. She scrambles out of her vehicle and is soaked almost immediately. A soaked Clark shows up behind her, "Chloe come back to the house." Clark pleads.

"Clark get the hell away from me," then they notice Lex's Porsche come around the bend and stop next to goes over to the car and opens the sleek wet door, taking one last look at Clark she steps into the vehicle closing the door.

Lex looks at the girl sitting next to him, seeing the rain mix with the tears and his best friend in his rearview looking quite dejected and soaked he can deduce that things did not go well. Chloe confirms his assumptions seconds later by saying, "That was a uh complete waste of time they staged an intervention." she sniffles and continues, "I'm sorry that I'm probably ruining the leather."

"Chloe do you really think I care about the Leather." Lex says covering her small hands with his own. By then they'd reached the mansion.

After her very hot shower to chase away the cold from getting wet in the rain she realizes that she was so confident that she'd get her dad to see her side of things that she'd taken her duffel bag with her which is now sitting on the side of the road in the trunk of her car.
    She grabs a towel and dries off quickly wrapping it around her. Then sticks her head out of the bathroom door and calls for Lex. Since she'd gotten lost the first night Lex moved her in the room next to his so he came a few moments later.

She notices stare at her his eyes raking over her small body, at noticing this she teases,

"Like what you see Mr. Luthor." he mutely nods and meets her eyes with a hungry almost needing in his eyes. blushing and growing self conscious she clutches the towel tighter,

"Uh Lex can I borrow a shirt or something my bag is in the back of my car and I can't wear this towel for the rest of the evening." The thought of her wearing nothing in his bed quickly comes to mind and he has to shake his head to dispel the thoughts then quickly leave before the temptation of taking her became too great. He comes back a few seconds later with a green button down shirt.

"Thanks Lex," he keeps standing there even though she stares at him expectantly waiting for him to leave. When he doesn't leave about three minutes later she says "thanks Lex but I'd like to get dressed in peace and alone" getting the picture quickly he swiftly leaves the room.

About a minute later she comes out of the room. The shirt comes down to the beginning of her thighs and the forrest green brings out her eyes, Lex needed to swallow hard to moisten his suddenly dry throat. Then he unexpectedly breathes, "I love you," Chloe is surprised at the least and just plain shocked at the most. she notices the vulnerable look in his eyes as he lools away from her almost as if he was ashamed of his declaration of love, then tries to back track, "You d-don't have to say it back if you don't w-want to Chloe."

"Lex look at me," when he still doesn't meet her eyes she cups his cheek with her hand and gently turns his face to her's to meet her eyes. she raises on her toes to kiss him gently on the lips when she pulls away she says against his soft lips, "I've been in love with you since we danced in Metropolis Lex I just didn't realize it until tonight when everyone was telling me to stay away from you."

After she says this Lex pulls Chloe against him crashing his lips to hers in a scorching kiss. His tongue sweeps past her lips tasting the bitterness of coffee and Listerine. Moaning into his mouth as he picks her up and takes her to his room gently laying her on the bed, as she begins to unbutton the shirt he wears. His hand begins to move up her thigh and his lips move to her Jaw causing her to whimper his name.

"Ahem," they hear from Lex's door way. "Lex do you think you could come here a moment," Lex groans in frustration and leans his forehead on Chloe's shoulder.

"Sure thing dad," leaning close to Chloe's ear he whispers, "I'll be right back," relishing as she shivered beneath him he gets up to follow his father.

When he comes back after a gruelingly boring conversation with his father about a meeting next week he finds Chloe sleeping peacefully. the look of contentment on her face causes Lex to just let her sleep, wrapping his arms tightly around her he faintly hears her whisper "Mine," before falling asleep himself.

The next morning Chloe awakens to the feeling of being watched and she immediately became alert but seeing the fact that it was Lex she relaxed visibly, "Lex about last night," upon seeing the deflated look on his face and realizing that he thinks she's going to take back her declaration of love she quickly back pedals, "I love you more than anything, but last night we came really close to-" she trails off becoming embarrassed but she tries to go on while sitting up in the bed, " I just think that we should wait a little while for that step i umm just don't think I'm ready,"

"Chloe I love you and I promise I won't pressure you to do anything you don't want or are one hundred percent ready for," she leans forward and kisses him quickly on the lips before getting out of the soft warm bed.
    ----

Martha Kent was one angry woman when she found out what had happened at Chloe's house. "Clark you had no right to ambush Chloe like that."

"But Mom Lex can really hurt Chloe and I'm-"

"No Clark this was Chloe's decision to make," The kind woman argues

"Maybe Clark's right Martha Lex could really hurt a great girl like Chloe."

"Look I've seen Lex with Chloe I think he genuinely cares about her," when she sees her husband about to say something else she turns to him and says "Unless you are about to agree with me Jonathon Kent I'd keep your mouth shut unless you want to sleep on th couch for the next six weeks." she leaves through the door and Jonathon looks at Clark sheepishly before shrugging and following his wife.

Chloe sits in the 'Torch' proofing her article when she sees Lana Lang walk through the door.

"Hi Chloe I just heard what happened at your house and I just wanted to stop by and say I'm on your side,"

"Thanks Lana you have no idea how much I appreciate this."
    ----

The next morning Clark receives a disturbing phone call from the boy who became like a little brother to him last year, goes to the Torch to do research on Summerholt. When he arrives he sees Lex and Chloe making out the latter hoisted up on her desk. He needs to clear his throat several times to get their attention. When he does he hears Lex sigh in frustration and quickly leaves not even sparing a glance in Clark's direction. Once the bald billionaire is no longer there Clark begins to explain why he's there, "Listen Chloe I'm not taking back what I did or apologizing for it but I need your help researching a place called Summerholt, now before you say no it is not for me it's for Ryan" Chloe nods realizing even though she and Clark were in a fight she wouldn't deny him this not when someone she knows is involved, and could possibly end up hurt.

That evening Chloe and Lex were enjoying a movie on his green couch under a blanket when Clark bursts into the room with a very scrawny and pale Ryan next to him. "Look I know we aren't on the best of terms right now but I need you to look after Ryan for a while."

Chloe looks at the small tired boy and her heart breaks, she looks over at Lex and sees him agreeing with her so he says "Sure thing Clark but what exactly were they doing to him."

They noticed Ryan about to speak but Clark beats him to it quickly, "They were holding him for observation," Both Chloe and Lex know the farm boy is lying but don't push him on the matter, they just motion for Clark to join him and Chloe in the hall. "Clark we'll still help but we are now accessories to kidnapping," Lex says.

"I'm sorry I can-" Lex cuts Clark off by holding up his hand and saying, "As I said I'll still help you." as Clark begins to walk away Lex says while putting an arm around Chloe's waist, "Things between you and I are still not ok, now whether or not Chloe forgives you is completely up to her." Clark nods in understanding and walks away.

They go back to where Ryan is and sees him already asleep on the couch Chloe smiles faintly and takes the blanket her and Lex were previously using around the slumbering boy on the couch, as she does this he couldn't help but think how much he'd love to see her tucking in their child his child. He shakes his head to chase away the thoughts thinking he's being a little premature, but the thought of seeing her big and pregnant with his child pleases him immensely. when she catches him staring at her leaning against the doorway with a smile on his face she asks, "What are you smiling at," he thinks of telling her the truth for a moment but not wanting her to freak out he just replies, "Nothing just smiling."

At the 'Talon' Chloe helps Lana get ready for the surprise party they decided to throw for Ryan. about an hour later the guest of honor shows up. Ryan sticks to Clark like glue and Chloe and Lex sit in a booth having a good round of verbal judo. The party had to be cut short because Ryan became ill and had to leave. One week later Ryan died.
    ----

Chloe, even though she hadn't spent very much time with the weird but nice boy was saddened anyway. She drives to the mansion at a pace that would have even made Lex nervous to tell him about Ryan. By the time she made it to Lex the tears were falling freely now. "Ryan passed away," Chloe manages to choke out between tears. Lex upon seeing Chloe so upset takes the small blonde in his arms and lets her cry into his chest usually he'd have more composure but he couldn't stop the one lone tear run down his cheek.

"Hold me tonight Lex, I don't want to be alone tonight," she says looking into his eyes. He nods and holds her in his arms tightly all night.

Chloe realizes, due to Ryan's untimely passing, the next day that life is to short to stay angry at the people she loves so upon entering her house she calls out to her father. Gabe comes from the kitchen drying his hands "Chloe honey wha-" he's cut short by his daughter throwing herself into his arms and whispering, "I'm so sorry daddy," Gabe smiles tenderly at his daughter and wraps his arms around her telling her that that everything is all right. After Chloe pulls her self out of her father's embrace he leads them to the couch. After an hour, many tears and tissues and agreeing to let Lana live with them they got the Lex issue resolved, "You know I just want to keep you my baby girl forever and if your happy then so am I," Gabe Sullivan says then continues, "And as long as you abide by my rules," she smiles at him and says, "Thank you daddy now I'll be home tomorrow with my stuff from Lex's but I have a stop to make first." Gabe nods to his only daughter and walks her to the door.

Chloe arrives at the Kent Farm quickly going to Clark's 'Fortress' She sees him sitting on the sofa when he looks at her she sees the unbearable guilt in his eyes and her heart breaks for her friend, "Clark I'm so sorry about Ryan but I want you to know that everything between us is ok now I promise."

He offers her a weak smile and says, "Thanks Chlo' and what about Lex,"
    "He's forgiven you too as long as you don't do it again," Lex says sneaking in behind them smiling at Clark.

Since that was their last night in the mansion at least the time being Chloe and Lex fall asleep in a tight embrace.
    ----

A/N: Here you go. And thanks for the Reviews

Chloe and Lex will have a lot of roadblocks I'm afraid but, at least, they have a couple of champions on their side in Martha and even in Lana. I'm glad Chloe's taken the first step to patch things up with her dad. Now I wonder, will the Magnificent Bastard say something about this relationship? He must have an ace up his sleeve since he's been uncharacteristically quiet in his meetings with Lex.
    Last edited by lexie; 3rd April 2010 at 21:37.

"Choices"May 30 '11

PODFIC REQUESTS

INTERVIEW

VIDEOS

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information