+ Reply to Thread

Thread: The Light in Dark Places (Rated R) COMPLETED

Resides currently In Smallville Kansas and runs a small specialized choclate shop there

The Light in Dark Places (Rated R) COMPLETED

The Light in Dark Places

He had always walked in shadow, it was almost Lex Luthors trademark. The dark world that was his was initially started by his father Lionel. From the time he could remember he was shaped, cultivated, pushed and molded into the man he was today. But as time passed, Lex knew that the had outsurpassed his father beyond mention. The dark place he now cultivated inside was built very much like the venerable scottish mansion he resided in. He had built it himself, stone by stone. It was his protection and defense and he had labored for years to make it strong and impenetrable.

He was its master, undaunted. A perfect example of a cold, methodical, ruthless man. It was his truest mistress and a place he could hide from the light that could never ever be his again. He knew the brightness once. His mother, Lillian was its source. With her death a vortex was created within his soul, a place where light could not penetrate. It was an open wound that would never heal and that inner pain made him relentless and unflinching, a force to be dealt with. He had embraced this fact and used it to his fullest advantage. He had become one with it and he was untouchable, for he truly knew that this was all there was for him. It was easy to be who he was because he accepted that fact.

He had never expected to be proven so wrong before in his life.

She came to him that night, in one of the most hellish of thunderstorms that Kansas had ever seen. Chloe was soaked to the skin, her teeth chattering and scared out of her wits. Her car had hydroplaned off the road and turned over on its side. She had freed herself from it and made her way to his door in the driving rain. He let her in.

It started there. Before this night they were aqaintences at best, both of them aloof in each others company which usually resulted in very point filled bouts of verbal judo between them, which he rather enjoyed. Tonight was different. neither wore the masks they normally did. The storm had knocked out all the electricity for miles and anyone with any sense stayed well inside their homes. The reason she was on the road he came to find out appalled him. She had been betrayed by someone she held dear. She bolted from their sight after seeing them together, her tender heart so badly broken and her so upset it was all she could do to get behind the wheel and make her self drive the distance home.

She ended up just driving around instead, her world in bitter turmoil. It was then the storm hit. She lost control of the car and it went off the road,turning on its side. As she conveyed through her tears this story to him. Lex listened quietly and let her cry. He kept the anger for Clark Kent for this incident at bay for her sake....something he did not normally do. This incident could have cost Chloe her life, all because a dimwitted farmboy didn't know a good thing when he saw it and refused to make a choice. Damn Clark Kent to hell.

What ensued after that was in his recollection the most serene and sweet moments he had been privy to in a very long time. He played the generous host, offering her dry clothing, a warm cheery fire in the study where he was and food. There was no way to cook any hot food so they settled for an impromptu dinner of ham and cheese sandwiches and hot chocolate, both of which were warmed and toasted on the hearth by Him. He recalled her sweet laughter at the informality of it all. and he found himself actually smiling. Not smirking or anything fake but an honest smile had crossed his features.

He listened to the storm and watched Chloe as they talked together. She was indeed beautiful even with no makeup and wearing his pajamas which swallowed her petite frame . Her blond hair was still wet and it curled around her chiseled features. He watched her rake her fingers through it to help it dry. He remembered every detail. He'd seen many women before but none were like Chloe. She was a stark contrast to his dark realm . The colors of summer and sunshine were hers. from her flaxen hair and blue eyes to her pearly skin and pink lips. They reminded him of the childhood warmth and sweet sunny days of his youth and of the loving mother he lost. She chased away much of the shadow inside him simply by being there, by being herself.

The kiss surprised him the most of all. Up until now hed calculated every move hed ever made in his life. nothing he ever did that wasn't thought out or planned....until now. It was spontaneous, light and affectionate. Not his style normally, But Chloe was different and he actually felt alive around her not an empty dark soulless void but a man, one that right now felt true desire for something genuine for the first time. He thought she might be shocked or protest. Instead her bright blue eyes shone and her tiny hands reached up and caressed his face and neck softly resting her palms flat on his chest returning that kiss to him. He gingerly ran a finger across her forehead and cheek looking deeply into her eyes searching them for any misgivings or fear. He saw nothing in her pretty eyes but her own growing desire, But her body was pensive and he sensed her unease. He pulled her to him wrapping his arms around her giving her soothing coaxing kisses that set her on fire to her very soul. Her awkward feelings faded away and she answered him with her own passion. She let him in.

A night of firsts were theirs. They both enjoyed each others company and reveled in each others touch .They drank each other in like the parched Kansas countryside drank in the unceasing rain around them. She gave of herself freely and without holding back. filling the dark place inside him with warm sweet light that only Chloe could give him. She in turn tasted of his dark ways which offered a protection and grace to her making her inwardly stronger. She felt alive, wanted, desirable and needed. They watched the sun come up together holding each other tight, basking in the afterglow with no regrets.

They kept their special bond a secret for years and taught each other many things. Chloe grew to be a polished and formidable woman who could reach out for what she wanted and attain it with ease on her own. He taught her to walk anywhere and to fear nothing. Her world got alot brighter due to him being in it. He learned from her that kindness wasn't a weakness as he had supposed but his greatest strength. He could attain true joy and find happiness in the things and people that surrounded him he was no longer alone and unloved. He didn't have to hide from the light anymore because it was part of him due to their bond and that it was okay to allow himself to feel. They had set each other free in this way. She was his light and conscience and he was her shield and protector. And as always they lived for the moment and each other without fail.

The End
    Last edited by Phoebe Pennyworth; 9th April 2009 at 22:01.

Happy-ending addict Senior Member lexie's Avatar

Re: The Light in Dark Places

Beautiful, poetic and well-rounded piece. I loved it and hope to read more from you soon.

ATTENTION!
    Darling, edit the rating of this fic and add "Complete". Simply use the edit button at the bottom of your post to access the title line and then press "Go Advance". Do this always to avoid problems with the administration.
    Last edited by lexie; 9th April 2009 at 17:54.
    Thxs to beeej for the avi

A MASTER LIST OF ALL MY COMPLETED WORKS & WIPs w/PDFs

"PERMANENT" WIPs (UNLESS MY CHLEX MUSE AWAKENS AGAIN AND I GET A LONG-NEEDED CLONE OF MYSELF)

"Choices"May 30 '11

"At Second Sight" August 21 '11

PODFIC REQUESTS

INTERVIEW

VIDEOS

Spunky Chick Senior Member hfce's Avatar

Re: The Light in Dark Places (Rated R)

Oh my goodness that was lovely. I hope to see more writing from you soon.
    "Everyone seems normal until you get to know them. "

NS Senior Member Senior Member

Re: The Light in Dark Places (Rated R) COMPLETED

Very wonderful. I'm glad Chloe and Lex have each other to balance themselves out and do well in the world.

Dealing w/ a Ship Change Senior Member

That was so good and I hope that you are feeling a little better about writing Lex. Hopefully, this is the first of many wonderful fics from you.

NS Senior Member Senior Member autumngold's Avatar

Exclamation Re: The Light in Dark Places (Rated R) COMPLETED

What a sweet story!! I'm so glad that Chloe and Lex were able to help each other!! Thanks to Clark being a jerk, they were able to find where they belonged!! Great story!!

Beautifully written

Nice fic Lex and Chloe connecting well.
    I'm a Dreamer and hoping one day Chloe and Lex will be together.

storie girl Senior Member starmoon's Avatar

i love this story. chloe and lex conected so well which made this story so great.

NS Senior Member Senior Member Ami Rose's Avatar

that was beautiful loved it
    *Coffee Break 9:00 to 5:00 Daily.
    *Heaven doesn't want me and hell is afraid I'll take over.
    *Are you crazy?
    *From zero to insane in 1.5 seconds!
    *If I agree with you, then we'd both be wrong!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information