+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Who Needs Normal (PG-13) (03/13/09 Complete)

NS Full Member

Who Needs Normal (PG-13) (03/13/09 Complete)

Sorry it's a little late but better late then never. : ) Enjoy. : )

Title: Valentines Day Fanfic - "Who Needs Normal"

Author: PMD

e-mail: mary.davidson@sympatico.ca

Rating: PG-13

Category: Chlex married with children, holiday fic, Chloe and Lex's POV, AU

Spoilers: Anything is fair game up to season 6.

Summary: Who needs normal when you live in Smallville.

Disclaimer: To whomever owns Smallville, its characters and Valentines Day, I'm just borrowing them, will give them back, not making any money with their use in this piece, so don't sue me.

Archive: At BAFsFF, BT2, Electricchlex, N.S. Forums, and SPP for the time being. If anybody else wants it, all they have to do is ask.

Author Notes: Thanks goes to my friend John from BAFsFF---he didn't know it but he gave me the great title when we were e-mailing. Thanks dude. : ) I also want to thank my friend, Jay, for looking this over. And my friend, Cas, who's been a big Lex fan for a long time.
    Enjoy.

Valentines Day Fanfic - "Who Needs Normal" - by PMD

Valentines Day - Nighttime - Luthor Mansion

Lex's POV

Never in my life did I think I would actually have a marriage that would last over 10 years.

Usually it was around 72 hours---and its end was signified by my significant other trying to kill me. What is it with me and brunettes?

Thank goodness I listened to my heart and took on the blonde. She might get mad at me---irritating at times---but life was seldom normal with her. And who needs normal. Normal is like sleep walking through life all the time. You want some normal---but not a lot.

"We'll be down soon, Jenny," I hear her yell as she walks into the room, closing the door behind her.

She looks at me---her hazel eyes glowing, and then she puts her hands on her hips.

"You aren't ready."

I look at what I'm wearing and then what's in my hand. "All I need is the tie."

She smirks at me. "You've forgotten how to tie a tie again."

I give her that smile that melts her and she smiles back, with the one that got me. "All right---I'll help."

She walks over to me---and I thank God that she forgave my trespasses and gave me another chance. And that I did figure out life without her was no life at all.

"Tie."

I hand it to her and she smiles again.

"Matches my dress color perfectly," she says.

"That was the idea," I state, looking at the dark purple tie in her hands.

She puts it around my neck, leaning in, and I take a whiff of what is clearly Chloe.

Vanilla with a hint of spice---plucky, perennial, perfect.

She does the knot, painstakingly accurate. But her hands are shaking a bit and I think---this is what keeps us alive. Or at least one of the things---excitement.

She backs away, looking at her handiwork.

"Okay?"

I turn around and walk to the mirror. "Practically perfect."

She walks to stand beside me. "Thanks---I try."

I turn to look at her. "You succeed."

She gives me that little impish smile. "Awwww---compliments from my husband---that's so sweet."

I gently push an errant strand of hair from her cheek and then turn towards her, leaning in to softly kiss her lips.

I back away from her, hearing her whisper, "More."

"Later," I whisper back.

"Yes, later," she sighs.

I wonder what the children have in store for our anniversary---as does she, I bet. But knowing them, it should be very interesting.

~

Remembering the Past

Chloe's POV

"Well, I better go use the facilities before we head down," my handsome husband says.

I give him a light kiss on the lips, like the one he just gave me, and he leaves my sight for the moment.

I always feel a little sad to see him go---no, make that empty.

I'm just so glad I gave him a chance again. I mean, I never thought I would. Course, he surprised me and so many others.

We thought he had gone over to the dark side, his father attitude towards him and Clark's refusal to tell him the secret, being two reasons. The other main one---I didn't trust him anymore.

I had put all my trust in Clark---protected him. And what did I get---judgmental crap when I did something to protect him that wasn't up to his standards. Hey, sometimes you have to step over the line. You have to live in shades of gray---not black and white.

I sigh again and go over to the bed, sitting on it gently---to protect my dress.

Lex---we were acquaintances because of Clark but then he started to fascinate me. He went from someone I knew from newspapers and the news---to a friend---to a good friend---to a best friend. Then I didn't trust him---he seemed to be doing things that Clark wouldn't approve of. So, as a friend to Clark, I had to do the same. At least until I woke up and smelled the coffee beans.

I mean, there's protective like the summer Lex protected me. And then there's the protective bullshit that Clark put me through:

'Chloe, you can't trust him.'

'Why, Clark?'

'Because he's his father.'

'And you are yours.'

'What's that supposed to mean?'

'I love your father, Clark, but he can be a judgmental crap artist when it comes to Lex and others.'

'And he was right.'

'About Lex or others?'

'Lex.'

'Did you ever think that people thinking that way about Lex helped him to be the man he is today? And maybe changing their attitude might change him, Clark?'

'I don't know.'

'Well, think that way and see what happens.'

I thought that way and decided to help Lex find his old self.

It started right after that conversation with Clark. I was 19 and in college---of course as a reporter and in my favorite city---Metropolis.

At first, Lex thought I was stalking him for a story. I told him that was Lois---not me. I just wanted to start to be his friend again.

The man was unsure to say the least but he started to change his mind. Yes, I was that persuasive---at least with him---but with Clark? Well---Clark almost went ballistic. Finally, I did the only thing I could think of---asked Lex and Clark out on a date as friends---on the same night and time.

We went to a restaurant since they wouldn't dare embarrass me. Okay---that went well. Clark walked out when he saw him---and Lex joined the walk out too.

They yelled at me when I joined them outside and I told them to stop acting like little kids and talk it out. That if I believed this friendship was worth saving---they should too. And then I explained to them both my theory. That if both believed in each other, they could change for the better.

They stared at me and then each other. Then I dragged them into the restaurant again and that night, some truths came out. Not the big one---that took a couple more times to get out. But by the time I had finished that year at college, they were on their way to the greatest friendship ever known.

As to me and Lex, well, friendship turned into something more and now half of our prodigy---8 year old twins, are eagerly waiting downstairs with a surprise for us on our wedding anniversary. Our 10th---and on Valentines Day to boot. Who ever says to me that Lex Luthor isn't romantic---I'll bop them one.

"Sweetheart---ready to go?"

I look at him and smile. "Yes, I am---help me up?"

He walks over and gives me his hand. I get up and run into a brick walled body.

"My, my, somebody has been working out."

He smiles. "Well, I have to keep in shape to keep up with you and the kids."

"Yes, you do. It's just too bad that Marcus and Gabby couldn't be here too."

"I think they would have spoiled the twins surprise," he says.

"That's true---well, they're having fun with Uncle Sam---probably has him playing horsey," I say, remembering what a handful the 3 and 5 year olds are.

He chuckles at that and I smile.

"So, shall we?" he asks, offering me his arm.

"We shall," I answer, taking it, gladly.

~

The Big Surprise

Lex's POV

We enter the hallway and I turn to look at her.

Her eyes moisten with tears.

"I feel the same way too," she says.

"Reading my emotions, I see," I smirk.

She frowns. "I'm sorry---I don't mean too."

"I think it's---very sexy."

She gives me a megawatt smile and leans up, kissing me on the cheek.

She backs away, smoothing away the imprint of lipstick and we journey forward into our semi-normal lives and to the surprise brought forth by the twins.

They were a surprise for the both of us, right from the beginning:

'What do you mean I'm having twins?'

'Mrs. Luthor---it does happen.'

'But there are no twins in either of our families, right, Lex?'

'Not from my side but it can happen, Chloe.'

'But---'

'Sweetheart, I should be the nervous one here. I haven't exactly had the best parents in the world. Mother was crazy---father hated me.'

'Lex, you've changed. You aren't your parents---you are yourself.'

'And that is what will get me through all the pregnancy with you.'

'What the hell does that mean?'

'See, Doctor, it's already happening. I wonder what her reaction will be during the duration.'

"During the duration of what?'

'Pregnancy with no coffee.'

'No COFFEE!'

Yes, that was a fun time. But that attitude that I was my own person got me through it. And when they arrived, all pink and puffy, they were the most beautiful persons I had ever seen in my life, besides Chloe.

They nestled against her bosom and yawned. Then they looked at me and I took one hand of each in my two.

They both gripped a finger and I smiled at her.

'Nice grip.'

'Just like their Daddy.'

"Daddy---Mommy---are you up there?"

"We're coming, Jenny," I yell down, broken out of my thoughts.

"Where were you?" she asks me.

"Thinking about us and the twins."

"Well, we better get down there before our 8 year olds decide to burn the house down."

I chuckle at that. "No---they'd probably sue us for being late."

She shakes her head. "You are probably right."

We walk towards the steps and go down them, Jenny at the bottom---scowling at us.

"Oh God, she looks just like Lionel with that---look," Chloe whispers.

"Now that's a scary thought," I quip.

"Ya think," she says.

We're at the bottom and then Jenny smiles. "I do not look like Grandpa Luthor---I look like me."

"Of course you do, Honey. It's just that that look you gave reminded us of him," my wife says.

"Oh---well---I won't use it again."

My wife and I are not startled by her attitude. I mean, we think she was born 20 years old. Besides, she knows how much my father had hurt us all. Thankfully she never met him---or he might have sued her for---well, at this stage---kicking him in the shin.

I chuckle at that thought.

"Care to share, Lex?"

I smile. "Not at the moment---I don't want to get my shin kicked for being late to our anniversary party."

She smiles and then looks at our daughter again. "Lead the way, Jennifer."

"Mommy---it's Jenny."

I chuckle at my daughter’s insistence to being called Jenny. Chloe just looks at me and smirks.

"Like you remember all the time, Lex," she whispers.

Then it's back to our daughter and being pulled towards the ball room.

"Close your eyes," Jenny demands.

We do that without question and then hear her open the door.

"Surprise!"

We open them to a recreation of where we first met. The walls of the room are the same but there are partitions set around a little area, and, well:

"Oh my God---it looks like the Torch office---how did you do it, Jenny?" Chloe asks.

"With a little help from Uncle Clark and Aunt Lana," her brother, Joseph, let's out.

Jenny sticks her tongue out at him and he returns the favor. We just both sigh and walk in.

"Come out, Clark and Lana. The jig is up."

They come out from behind one of the fake walls---and give us a big grin.

"Happy Anniversary, Lex," Clark states.

"Thanks, my friend."

Clark comes towards me and gives me a slight hug, making sure he doesn't do injury. He backs away and I look at my wife, getting the same from his wife.

"Lana---I love you, sweetie---but toooo tight!"

She backs away with a chagrined smile. "Sorry."

Chloe smiles: "Forgiven."

Then Clark gives Chloe a hug and I give one to Lana.

They both back away from us.

"Okay---you can all come out now," I state for us both.

The others come out from their hiding places and come over to give us both a hug.

With that done, my wife takes my hand; we're going exploring, I see.

She starts with the computer and I spy that the story there was the first one I looked up, after her father pumped her up in my mind. The curiosity just got to me---I just had to meet the person who could equal my need to find out the truth. And I wasn't disappointed.

She was like a breath of fresh air---light and breezy---but also as serious as a gale-force wind.

She walked in, wearing that horrible yellow top. She stared at me and then Clark---and then back to me. She thought I was there for Clark---I could see it in her eyes. Then there was the fear it had something to do with her father. I let her down quickly and she started to quiet down, knowing it was just about her. What a novel concept, since it was usually about Lana or Clark.

I offered her the job at the Inquisitor to see how she would react. And I wasn't let down at all---her passion for telling the news came to the fore front---the heated look in her eyes told me, she was going for the Planet, not the Inquisitor.

Too soon, I had to leave but when I did, I felt I had left a part of me with her.

"You did," she whispers to me now.

I turn to look at her. "You kept it safe until I woke up to see that you were really there."

"And till I was of age," she adds.

"That too," I reply.

She smiles, leaning up to kiss me on the cheek.

"Look!"

We turn to see Joseph in front of:

"Oh my God---my wall of weird!"

I chuckle at that. "You really think I would have those thrown out," I say to her.

She looks at me. "You kept them---you really kept them."

I lead her to the infamous articles, saying, "They're a part of you and always will be."

She sighs and puts a hand to the articles, afraid they would disappear---or disintegrate with being so old.

She moves her hand near one and---I gasp.

"That's---me," I finally get out.

She pulls away from the wall.

"Boy, for a man who's usually observant, you didn't see that the first time?"

We both turn to look at each other, me smirking. "Well, there were a lot of things up there."

"Sure---I'll take that. But I think you were dazzled by my by-lines."

I pull her close, kissing the top of her head and sigh. "Sure, that was it. Certainly wasn't the brains---or your sexy body."

"Hey, kids in the room---behave!"

I back away, a smirk on my face. "For now---but later on---can't make any promises."

She gives me an equal one and then her eyes blaze with passion. I gasp again.

She just quirks an eyebrow and moves away, looking at the other articles up there---one about Lana after she lost her parents---some about Clark and his mysterious use of powers---saying it was adrenaline.

I turn to look at him, a sheepish grin on his face.

"I can't believe I fell for that excuse," I say.

"Well, maybe it was easier to think that then something else---or I'm that good at lying," Clark replies.

I think and then shrug. "Easier to think that then something else---you aren't that good of a liar, Clark."

He grins at that and walks over to Chloe's side---"Look."

On the wall is an added article---it's our wedding photo and below it, says:

'Weirdness usually prevails in Smallville but today, it's the sanest day of all'

"Well, it was a little insane when your father showed up," Chloe says.

"Not for long---we got rid of him quickly."

She snuggles close. "I was so worried---he was just so bound and determined to create havoc that day---I wanted it to be perfect for you."

I sigh. "It was---you didn't back down from him---you told him off and then allowed me the honor of kicking him to the curb."

She laughs. "Anytime, Lex."

I back away and look down at my salvation---her smile lighting up the dark recesses of my mind and life.

"You were always the one."

"I know."

"But how did you know?"

"Because you were always the one for me too, Silly. Now, enough of this sentimental stuff---let's go party with our friends and tonight---Lana did help me pick out a surprise for you."

"Please, don't let it be pink."

"Fire engine red---I promise."

"Not quite your normal attire, Mrs. Luthor."

"Who needs normal when you've got a husband who loves you beyond reason."

"And a wife who does the same," I state, leaning down to kiss her gently.

She backs away. "Normal is definitely not needed in Weird central. Come on---let's have some fun and then more later on."

"You're on," I state, as she drags me away from the wall towards our friend.

Yes, who needs normal when you have friends and family who can protect you, as much as you can protect them. Certainly not us. And we certainly never will need it ever, as long as we trust and count on each other.

The End.
    Last edited by PMD; 23rd March 2009 at 04:19.

Happy-ending addict Senior Member lexie's Avatar

Re: Who Needs Normal (PG-13) (Complete)

This was a very cute and fluffy Valentine´s fic, Peggy. Loved it.
    Last edited by lexie; 23rd March 2009 at 19:22.
    Thxs to beeej for the avi

A MASTER LIST OF ALL MY COMPLETED WORKS & WIPs w/PDFs

"PERMANENT" WIPs (UNLESS MY CHLEX MUSE AWAKENS AGAIN AND I GET A LONG-NEEDED CLONE OF MYSELF)

"Choices"May 30 '11

"At Second Sight" August 21 '11

PODFIC REQUESTS

INTERVIEW

VIDEOS

Spunky Chick Senior Member hfce's Avatar

Re: Who Needs Normal (PG-13) (Complete)

Aww that was so cute. But only Lex and Chloe would have four kids in ten years. They got busy.
    "Everyone seems normal until you get to know them. "

NS Senior Member Senior Member Ami Rose's Avatar

Re: Who Needs Normal (PG-13) (03/13/09 Complete)

That was so sweet! Loved it!
    *Coffee Break 9:00 to 5:00 Daily.
    *Heaven doesn't want me and hell is afraid I'll take over.
    *Are you crazy?
    *From zero to insane in 1.5 seconds!
    *If I agree with you, then we'd both be wrong!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information