+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Modern Step-Family Rated PG (One-Shot 12/26/08)

NS Senior Member Senior Member

Modern Step-Family Rated PG (One-Shot 12/26/08)

Title: Modern Step-Family
    Author: westwingwolf
    Rating: PG
    Disclaimer: Don't own Smallville, not sure I'd want to anymore.
    Spoiler: I imagine this AU is set somewhere around Season 1 or early Season 2
    Summary: A member of Chloe's and Lex's parents have gone and married each other but this isn't your average step-sibling cliche tale.
    AN: I'm currently sick and when I'm sick not only do my ideas get crazier, the part of my brain that would normally tell me that posting such a story would be a bad idea ceases to work. My favorite taboo happens to be the step-sibling relationship and I always thought this way made the most sense to start it for Chlex but no one would write it, so I took it upon myself to do so. But this isn't really about their relationship. It's about finding out about the marriage.

Not knowing what else to say to his daughter, Gabe tried to break the frozen expression on her face. “I know this is a shock to you…”

Well, that worked. The light in Chloe’s eyes went from a dull standstill to an impossible fire. “Shock?! Telling me that you eloped is a shock. Add to that, that you are… for all intense purposes… suddenly gay is the equivalent of an earthquake. But when you say that your new life partner is Lionel Luthor then we’re experiencing seismic activity worthy of the break up of Pangaea!”

The new Mr. Sullivan-Luthor closed his eyes to avoid watching the nervous movements Chloe made around the kitchen table. There was only so much back and forth one could watch before he got sick. The two always had an honest relationship but he was not above using his own manipulative powers. Softly he said, “I thought you would at least be happy for me.”

The blonde stopped her pacing, knowing that she was beat. “I am happy for you, Daddy. Honest. …I just don’t understand how this happened. I didn’t even know you spoke often with Mr. Luthor.”

“I think it would be okay for you to call him Lionel now,” Gabe said with a smile. He shrugged, “As for how it happened, it’s still hard for me to understand at times too. You work with someone, spend so much time together, things progress, and before you know it you’re in love.”

“Okay, but I thought Lex was in charge of the plant so by that theory…you and he should have…” Chloe stopped herself and held up hand. “Oh! I shouldn’t have gone there.” She closed her eyes and tried to ward off the horrible mental images that her thinking led to. Suddenly, the idea of her father and Lionel wasn’t so bad.

Gabe waited patiently until Chloe was ready for him to continue. “Lionel was taking control for a while, but I suspect now he’ll back off because we want to spend some quality time together. I want you to think positively about this new development. After all, we’ll be moving into the mansion so you’ll finally have a chance to explore it like you’ve always wanted.”

Chloe forced a small smile, not wanting to let her father know that half the fun of exploring the mansion would be taken out of the equation now that she had permission. Best if she kept that piece of information to herself.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Lex stared at his father. “Is this a test?” He wasn’t exactly sure how marrying one’s plant manager could be used as test to supposedly teach one’s son, but if anyone was capable of it, Lionel Luthor would be just such a man.

“You’re trying to see how big of a lie you can tell me before I’ll snap.” That had to be the answer. Taking this information as fact just didn’t make sense.

Lionel scoffed at his son’s rationalization. “This isn’t any sort of test. Just the honest truth. I am now a happily married man.”

Lex gave his father’s statement some serious thought. Weighed what the man said with his expressions. He seemed more genuine than in any other moment that Lex had spoken with him. And given that his father rarely didn’t have an angle, this knowledge would have swayed anyone else.

He still didn’t believe him.

“You’re trying to gain points with the public, right? Getting involved in a topical issue.” It was possible. Sure they were riding close to the Bible Belt, but it wasn’t like that would scare off Lionel if he thought he could gain respect from a bigger portion of the world. Screw respect, if Lionel thought he could gain a half a point on the stock market, he’d ride on a Gay Pride float and wave a rainbow flag while sitting on a drag queen’s lap.

Lionel shook his head. He was truly saddened by the thought that his own son would refuse to believe him. “No. This is just who I am. I hope that you can accept and respect my decision.”

Lex was at a lost. It wasn’t often that his father could catch him completely off his guard even though that’s what the two had often competed in doing to each other. “So Gabe Sullivan is my new step-…father?” He absently wondered how long it would be before that wouldn’t sound weird.

Lionel grinned, certain that now that his son believed him, they could move on to becoming a better family. “Yes! Isn’t it great! And think about it…now you finally have a sister!”

Lex turned away and shut his eyes in frustration. That way of looking at the situation was going to cause serious problems with his recent dreams.

The End.
    Last edited by westwingwolf; 4th August 2010 at 01:38. Reason: Cleaning up some mistakes.

Dealing w/ a Ship Change Senior Member

Re: Modern Step-Family Rated PG (One-Shot 12/26/08)

That is wonderfully sick and twisted. I love the reaction of both Chloe and Lex. Too bad you're done with it!

I absolutely loved this one! the idea of Gabe and Lionel, hee! And Chloe and Lex' reaction, classic! Anyway, I think gay marriage is actually legal in Massachusetts and Connecticut and for a time in California (until the passage of Prop 8). This is such a fun read, a little disappointed that it won't be continued but fun nonetheless.

Man, I wish I knew how to use subliminal messaging to get you to continue this. Alas, I will respect your adamant refusal. This was perfect, and I honestly wouldn't have thought of Gabe and Lionel, but Gabe has a valid point; spend enough time together...

And, yeah, no one should refuse Lionel gay marriage rights.

WW

This was hysterical, the snappy dialog and thoughts of Chloe/Lex were spot on and the visual of Lionel riding in gay pride parade waving a flag sitting on someone's lap was priceless. Dagney

An Accused Heretic Senior Member Kit Merlot's Avatar

You know, now that I think about it, Gabe and Lionel would make a cute couple

Great work on this fic, Mindy!
    Last edited by Kit Merlot; 27th December 2008 at 20:19.
    KATHY

"Don't quote me to me!" Detective Danny "Danno" WIlliams, Hawaii Five-0, episode 1.8 Mana'o

"This could barely fill up Thumbelina!" SALIGIA by westwingwolf

My Fanfic Master List

My livejournal: An Accused Heretic

Spunky Chick Senior Member hfce's Avatar

That was weird but funny.
    "Everyone seems normal until you get to know them. "

NS Junior Member

lol. this is a brilliant story.
    Last edited by niala85; 28th December 2008 at 13:04.

This is the first humorous fic I've read of Chlex and it definitely made me laugh. Has your sick (unwell not crazy or disturbed...though this was a little disturbing) mind written anything else?

NS Senior Member Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by MSedOpportunity View Post
    This is the first humorous fic I've read of Chlex and it definitely made me laugh. Has your sick (unwell not crazy or disturbed...though this was a little disturbing) mind written anything else?
    I haven't written anything else while sick, but if you want some crazy older humor fic by me, there is the WikiSeries that can be found in different parts around the completed humor section. It's all conveniently all together at fanfiction.net by clicking in the link in my signature. I warn you it's full of several injokes that without previous knowledge will make me look crazy...well it also makes me look crazy with prior knowledge.

Benefits of Truth, Let's All Have a Good Laugh, Little Pink Riding Hood, and Suitable Specimen also showcase my crazy humor and I can't even blame sickness on that....damn I think that means I'm just crazy. Oh well, enough self pimpage for today.

Thanks everyone for encouraging my crazy! Sickness is in it's end stages so that means as soon as it's done and my laptop starts working again, I'll get back to work on BttP. I swear it will be done! (and not in that whole lying Prince Humperdinck/ Count Rugen way)
    Last edited by westwingwolf; 28th December 2008 at 20:16.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information