Thread: Saturnalia 1/1 PG-13

Kill Lana

Saturnalia 1/1 PG-13

Saturnalia
    Pairing: Chlex
    Rating: PG-13
    Category: Romance, Humor, Family time, Au
    No spoilers
    A/N: These characters are from my first story Startling Revelation.
    Summary: Christmas with the Luthor Clan. Also, Prepare for Schoompyness

“I think my eyes are bleeding.” A ten year old Grace Luthor commented squinting from the brightness of their twelve foot Christmas tree.

“You’ll get use to it.” Lex commented, handing her an ornament. “Julia honey, are you done with the popcorn yet?”

She sighed in annoyance. “No. The twins keep eating their side.”

“We are not!” They both exclaimed loudly.

“Its Ben doing it.” nine year old Christian blamed, pointing down at their little two year old bother, who was seated on the floor busily playing with his blocks.

Julia glared at her older brother. “Ben’s too young to eat popcorn Chris. Besides your side is barely finished. We’ll never get it done if you two keep eating all of it.”

“Sorry Jules.” Christopher apologized before popping more popcorn into his mouth. “But its just so good.”

Julia raised an eyebrow, the expression on her face so much like her father’s it frightened Lex. “You know if this were a job, you two would’ve been let go long ago.”

Lex smirked to himself as he handed Grace another ornament.

“Me and Mommy made more popcorn!” A six year old Lilly announced as she and Chloe made their way into the living room, both carrying a bowl filled with popcorn. She placed her bowl by Julia’s feet and sat down, reaching for her own string and needle to start placing her own popcorn on the string.

“Lilly don’t prick yourself with the needle okay?” Chloe said placing her bowl between the twins. “And don’t eat all of the popcorn guys.” She said.

“Yes mom.” They grumbled.

She stepped back and glanced up at their tree with a small smile. “It looks really good.”

Lex handed Grace another ornament before walking over to Chloe. He wrapped an arm around her waist. “Doesn’t it?”

Chloe craned her neck to look up at the top. “Of course twelve feet is extremely big.” She commented. She glanced over at her children who was busily stringing up the popcorn. “Maybe this popcorn project is too big for them. I’m beginning to worry about child labor laws.”

Lex chuckled. “You’re the one who wanted to do it. I still think popcorn on Christmas trees is tacky.”

She gently elbowed him in the ribs. “Hey, popcorn string is a Sullivan family tradition. Besides we haven‘t done this since our first Christmas together.”

Lex nodded with a small smile. “The children seem to enjoy it. I just wonder if they’ll be able to finish it by the end of the night.”

“Well if the twins stopped eating their part, then maybe they could.”

“Mom!” They both said and Chloe smirked.

Chloe smirked and looked back up at the tree. “The tree really is beautiful Lex.”

Lex smirked. “Thanks.” He said.

She nodded. “I’m just wondering if the ladder is tall enough to get the star on.”

“Did you brush your teeth Julia?” Chloe asked as she helped her into bed.

“Yes Mother.”

Chloe tucked her daughter in and kissed her cheek. “now don’t forget that we have to get up early tomorrow to go to the orphanage.”

Julia nodded. “I didn’t.”

“Did you remember to ask Santa for everything you wanted.”

Chloe’s daughter gave her a strange look. “Santa?”

Chloe laughed. “Yes, Santa What’s that look for?”

“Mom, Santa isn’t real. We all know that.”

Chloe raised an eyebrow at her eight year old daughter, not quite believing she was hearing right. “What makes you think that?”

“Because its obvious. Actually Christmas is a pagan holiday and Jesus probably hates us for celebrating it. The truth is Christmas evolved from the roman holiday Saturnalia, a winter festival where men gave gifts to each other and drank lots of alcohol. In fact, Christmas was so bad, and people would act so insane, that the holiday was outlawed by the protestant church until the eighteen hundreds.”

Chloe stared down at her daughter in mild surprise. “Okay.” She said softly. “And where did you learn this exactly?”

Julia just shrugged. “I researched it. I figured something so implausible as a fat jolly man in a big red suit sliding down people’s chimney had to have a bigger explanation.”

Chloe had to hold in her laugh because of how much Julia sounded like her father. “Do you not like celebrating Christmas anymore?”

Julia shook her head. “I didn‘t say that. Can we make Christmas tree cookies tomorrow after we come from the orphanage?”

Chloe smiled and nodded. “Of course we can honey.” She kissed Julia’s cheek. “I love you. Your dad will be in shortly, just as soon as he’s finished with Ben.”

“Okay. Love you too.”

“I think Julia just ruined Christmas for me.”

Lex glanced paused in unbuttoning his shirt to look at his wife. “What makes you say that?”

“I think she jus told me that Christmas is kind of a sham.”

Lex nodded in understanding. “She told you about Saturnalia did she?”

Chloe snorted as she climbed into bed. “Of course you would know about such a thing.”

Lex nodded. “I knew since I was ten. Courtesy of the teachings of one Lionel Luthor.”

“She didn’t seem too upset about it. In fact I don’t think she cared all that much. It was just another bowl of knowledge for her.”

Lex climbed in behind her. “As well it should be.”

Chloe stared at her husband, sensing how good of a mood he was in. She knew Lex wasn’t a particularly jolly person. She was pretty sure jolly wasn’t even in his vocabulary, but ever since she had Grace and they had their first Christmas as a family he always seemed to get in the best of moods when the Christmas season rolled around. His father didn’t even seem to get to him whenever she invited him over for Christmas dinner. She never mentioned it, just enjoyed his over expressed joy while it lasted.

“Speaking of Lionel, he called this morning.”

“Hmm?” He said as he kissed her shoulder. “And what pray tell did my all of a sudden doting father want this morning?”

“He just wanted to say hello. Wanted to see how the children were doing.”

“Of course.” Lex murmured.

She wrapped her arm about his waist. “I invited him over to Christmas dinner.”

“Of course you did.” He said with a small sigh. “And of course he failed to mention that at the board meeting this morning.” He gave her a wry look. “I guess I’ll mentally prepare myself for having Gabe and my father in the same room with each other.”

“I’ve already assured my father will behave and I’m sure Lionel will as well.”

Lex smirked. “And if he doesn’t?”

Chloe only raised an eyebrow. “Unless he wants to not see his grandchildren for the next ten holidays.”

They both knew despite Lionel’s past behaviors regarding family, that Lionel adored his grandchildren.

“Anyway,” Lex said, changing the subject. “I was thinking-”

“Uh oh.” She cut in.

“Ben will be turning three in January and-”

Chloe groaned already know where this was going. “Lex!”

He reached for her hand. “We have one empty bedroom Chloe, one which we use for storage. I was thinking about how we could use that bedroom. You know, for a nursery.”

Chloe could feel the pout coming onto her features. “Six Lex. We both agreed on six.”

He smiled sheepishly. “I know that, but I’ve been thinking lately. Don’t you miss having a baby around the house?” He poked her side when she didn’t answer. “Chloe?”

“One more and we’ll officially be the Von Trapp family.” Chloe warned softly.

Lex’s eyes narrowed as he said seriously. “I’ll kill whoever tries to call us that.”

Chloe smiled. “Somehow I believe you.”

“So?” He said squeezing her hand. “What do you think Chloe?”

She sighed feeling very put upon. “Well, I don’t think we have to really try.”

Lex’s hopeful expression faded. “Oh. Well, I don’t want to pressure you into something you don’t want Chloe.”

“What would be the since of trying for something that’s already happened.”

“I know I can be pushy-” Lex continued. “And-what?”

“I found out two weeks ago that I’m already a month along. I was going to wait until Christmas to tell you, but here we are.” She smiled at the expression on Lex’s face.

“Another baby.” He asked quietly. He touched her face. “Are you sure this is something you want Chloe?”

She grinned. “I wouldn’t have stopped taking my birth control if its something I didn’t want.” She pulled his mouth toward her own. “I want another baby and I must be insane for saying it.”

“You aren’t.” Lex murmured against her lips. “I want a huge family. Chloe, you have no idea how having this makes me feel.”

Chloe did know. She knew Lex’s past. How lonely its been for him for most of his life. “I’m glad you’re happy.” She said. “Merry Saturnalia Lex.”

He chuckled as he bent to kiss her neck. “Merry Christmas Chloe.”

FIN

NS Senior Member Senior Member lj715's Avatar

Re: Saturnalia 1/1 PG-13

OMG...7 kids!!! WOw, well...more power to them then. Great holiday story.

NS Senior Member Senior Member

You know any more kids and they are going to start looking like Cheaper by the Dozen. And Chloe will have to do a lot of explaining if one of them looks like Tom Welling's character. But that was sweet and I want to see the family dinner with Gabe and Lionel trying to behave.

Kill Lana

heh. that's a good idea. maybe i will do something like that. *thinks of possibilities*

An Accused Heretic Senior Member Kit Merlot's Avatar

This was beautifully sappy!

Lex and Chloe, parents to seven children--I love it
    KATHY

"Don't quote me to me!" Detective Danny "Danno" WIlliams, Hawaii Five-0, episode 1.8 Mana'o

"This could barely fill up Thumbelina!" SALIGIA by westwingwolf

My Fanfic Master List

My livejournal: An Accused Heretic

Holy crap, 7 kids!

While yes it was sappy, I absolutely loved it. What's Christmas without a little sappiness? Wonderful fic!

Spunky Chick Senior Member hfce's Avatar

Damn 7 kids Chloe you need your head examined. No way in hell would I even think past two let alone seven. This was sweet and sappy. I loved it.
    "Everyone seems normal until you get to know them. "

storie girl Senior Member starmoon's Avatar

very sweet i loved it. 7 kids is a lot but if that makes them happy then they should go for it.

NS Senior Member Senior Member Ami Rose's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SVfan1286 View Post
    Holy crap, 7 kids!

While yes it was sappy, I absolutely loved it. What's Christmas without a little sappiness? Wonderful fic!
    Lmao loved it
    *Coffee Break 9:00 to 5:00 Daily.
    *Heaven doesn't want me and hell is afraid I'll take over.
    *Are you crazy?
    *From zero to insane in 1.5 seconds!
    *If I agree with you, then we'd both be wrong!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information