+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Suitable Specimen (PG-13)

NS Senior Member Senior Member

Re: Suitable Specimen (PG-13) Updated 6/23/07 Ch.6

AN: Here is the alternate beginning of chapter 7. It is just for fun and will not be helpful if you think of it as happening in the story.

Alternate Chapter 7

“What the hell are you doing here?” is all Chloe got out before the visitor’s scent reached her nose. The violent urge in her stomach was so quick that she managed to puke all over the unsuspecting man before she could reach the bathroom.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Lex opened the door to the penthouse and was greeted by the sounds of Chloe in the bathroom and the sight of his brother covered in remains of cake. His desire to laugh would have to wait until he checked on Chloe.

Lucas followed Lex to the bathroom determined to give Lex and the hot blonde a piece of his mind. However, he was disappointed when Lex slammed the door in his face nearly catching his hand in the process.

“Hey! I’m the one covered in what I’m sure is something I’ll never want to eat again and all you care about is your latest fling. Where’s the loyalty? Where’s the love?”

Lex opened the door for a moment, through a towel at Lucas’ head, declared “Here’s your love!” and slammed the door once again.

“Good to know I’m appreciated. I’ll just be in the other bathroom cleaning myself and burning my clothes.” After a few minutes, he realized he wasn’t going to get a reply so he left to do just that and raid Lex’s closet.

In the bathroom, Lex was holding Chloe’s hair back and soothingly rubbing her back. After she was done, he held out a washcloth to her and she sat back to gather herself and wipe her face.

“I’m fine. He just caught me off guard. I thought you were at the door being incorrigible.”

“I’ll kill him.”

“Don’t. He didn’t know any better. And besides, if you kill him, his smell will stay for weeks and then where will we be?”

“I can afford a new place.”

“That’s sweet, but just get rid of him and I’ll live.”

“Don’t have to ask twice.”

Lucas had just finished buttoning his new pants when Lex stormed in and grabbed him by the collar. He practically dragged Lucas out of his room, through the living room, out the door, and deposited him in front of the elevator.

“Look, no reason to be angry with me just because your plan is backfiring.” Lucas yelled as he tried to get off the floor.

“Plan? What are you talking about?”

“Your plan to get that chick drunk and into your bed backfired because she drank too much and is currently upchucking in there. Sex god my ass!” Lucas declared having finally stood up properly.

He wasn’t up for very long after Lex punched him. “Don’t ever refer to Chloe as a ‘chick’ or anything else demeaning that your pathetic brain can come up with again. And I don’t need to get a woman drunk, nor would I ever try that with Chloe. I’m guessing you might have some experience in that area.”

“If she’s not drunk, then why did she vomit all over me?”

“Your smell.”

“Hey! I do not smell bad or at least I didn’t before I rang your doorbell.”

“She’s allergic to all male odors except mine and her father’s. The scent you are giving off makes her sick.”

“Scent? What like pheromones?” When Lex gave him a questioning look, Lucas continued “I’m a smart guy. I know these things.” To which Lex gave him another disbelieving look. “Okay. I dated this ch…woman who liked to watch Animal Planet.”

“Figures. Now, I have to make sure your scent is cleaned out of the penthouse. I’m sorry we couldn’t have spent more time together. I’ll see you around. Goodbye.” With that, Lex slammed the door in Lucas’ face and returned to Chloe.

AN2: See, not nearly as much to work with.

Owh! I like the first one much more! Chloe gone wild which means it will only be a matter of time before she jumps Lex's bones!
    Bye Lucas, enjoy the Holiday Inn. Hihi

looking for updates Senior Member somethingeasy's Avatar

Re: Suitable Specimen (PG-13) Updated 6/25/07 Ch.7 & Alt. Ch. 7

“I didn’t do anything wrong except decide to visit my brother on the day that his girlfriend chose to get wasted.”

“She’s not wasted, she’s sick.”

“Oh sorry. Visit my brother and his pregnant girlfriend.”

“She’s not pregnant either.”
    LOL! Lucas really doesn’t have a lot of respect for Lex’s taste in women if these are the only explanations he can come up with. The again, considering Lex’s choice in female companionship in the past, who can blame him?

“I don’t know, maybe Lucas is another prospect for a mate.”

“No!” Lex immediately set his perfected mask when he caught both sets of eyes staring at him and replied calmly, “No, a mate is one half of a pair. You can’t have two mates. It’s not possible.”
    ROTFLOL at Lex getting immediately so defensive about this possibility. You can see him puffing up with jealousy and possessiveness right in front of you. Love it!!!

“I’m not going anywhere without an explanation, and there is no way I’m going to let you test anything of mine.”

“You’ll go or I’ll cut off your allowance.”

“What are we waiting for? We’ve got answers to uncover, people.” Lucas raced out the door with Lex and Chloe on his heels.
    ROTFLMAO at Lucas’s priorities, and at the way Lex bullied him into cooperating. I started loving Lucas from his first appearance in this fic, and I’m so glad that he gets to stay.

After what could have easily been hours, Lex and Lucas walked in the room. Lucas spoke first. “Sorry it took so long, but Lex insisted that they recheck my blood three times.”

“I was being thorough.”

“You didn’t have to tell them to redraw my blood each time.”

“A fresh sample is always best.”
    This part made had me outrageously LOL. The funniest part in the whole chapter. I loved how Lex took a bit of small, petty jealousy by having Lucas poked, pricked and leeched three unnecessarily extra times. I never thought Lex could be so damned cute when he’s being petty. LOL!

Both men looked sheepish at being scolded but Lex recovered quicker. “There is no change in your blood or in the fact that our blood bonds. However, it doesn’t bond with Lucas’. My team is not certain why there is no reaction. However, they have two theories. Either Lucas will turn into a potential mate or your blood is tolerating him for the purpose of integrating our families.”

“God, I hope it’s the first one,” Chloe blurted out.

Lex was immediately offended. “Why would you want that?”

“Well if it’s the second, then I can’t look forward to the reaction I was hoping I’d have if I ever saw your father again.”
    heh, I really enjoy every new bit of ‘made up science’ that comes along in this fic. It’s always fun seeing new pieces of the puzzle coming out. Chloe reaction made me blink at first, and Lex’s bristling reaction to HER reaction made me giggle… but her explanation made sense (not to mention helped soothe him)

Lex relaxed a little after Chloe’s admission. “If it helps, you can carry a bottle of ipecac around for when he shows up and I won’t tell him the truth.”
    LOL! I can’t wait to find out how this Lionel reacts to hearing about the whole ‘mate’ thing. Is he going to start hunting down and replacing Chloe’s birth control pills with placebos? Start selecting baby names for the Chlex children? Or will he start immediately in trying to either seduce Chloe, or bribe/threaten her away from his son?

“All the same, Lois and I want to spend some quality ‘girl time’ together to talk about … Oliver and stuff. Besides you should catch up with Lucas.”

“Talk about a burden.”

“I’m still in the room!”
    LOL! Poor Lucas. He’s really so CUTE!

“So Jimmy was really okay about the whole break up?” Lois asked as she flipped the channels on the living room’s plasma screen while Chloe continued with her research.

“Yeah, he also discovered that there was no real heartbreak from being kept apart. He’ll probably find someone new by the time I’m better so that all the awkwardness of seeing each other again won’t matter.”
    heh, so I guess the Great Chimmy Romance has fizzled out. It went out on such a whimpering note too. More proof that the two of them just don’t have enough chemistry to even warrant a BAD and painful breakup. How dull!

“So you admit that you think Lex is sexy and that you are destined to be with him?”

“What? I thought… who else would you have meant?”

“Daddy Warbucks.”

“You think a fictional character is sexy and meant to be with me?”

“He is kind of sexy in his own way and don’t try to deny that you haven’t thought certain fictional characters were sexy.”
    “Whatever. Just answer my original question.”
    LOL! Love Lois’s banter too. She’s also quite adorable, and her dialogue is really fun and engaging… just like Lucas’s. It would be interesting to see the Lucas and Lois interacting with each other.

“Clark thinks Lex set this whole thing up.” Lois looked over to gage her cousin’s reaction. “What? I didn’t say it was a completely different topic.”

Chloe sighed. “Does Clark suspect Lex of masterminding this whole plot by waiting for me to discover that company on my own and then hope that I would accidentally spill the project on myself?”
    *gasp* The evil masterminded fiend! LOL! It would have been fun if Lex HAD been the one who had orchestrated the whole ‘Chloe is Lex’s mate’ thing… too bad it’s so highly unlikely.

“We won’t be alone anymore. Lucas will probably be around. Besides Lex hasn’t made a move on me either.”

“That’s probably because he doesn’t know how you feel. He’s just happy that you’re allowing him to be a friend and doesn’t want to risk it. Again I say: jump him!”
    LOL! Lois gives GOOD advice from time to time. Let’s listen to her, shall we?

“That is such… if I say that I’ll think about it will you leave me alone?”

“Can I be the one to inform Clark of this recent development?”

“No.”

“Then probably not.”
    ROFL!

After several times of Lex insisting that he and Chloe were just friends but that in no way gave Lucas permission to try anything,
    LOL! I LOVED this sentence. It really helped draw EXACTLY what kind of a conversation the Luthors had been engaged in, how annoyed and territorial Lex was feeling, and how much FUN Lucas was having riling his normally stoic brother up like this.

Lucas took note of the fact that Lex didn’t actually answer his question so he continued. “I’m just saying that I would understand your need to lock your princess in the highest tower for as long as possible.”

“First of all, Chloe would take offense to being called a princess. Secondly, even if I did lock her away, she’d find a way to escape. She’s going to go stir crazy if she can’t investigate anymore, which is why a cure needs to be found or else she’ll go searching anyway and risk her health. I don’t want her to lose her dream or her life. Our father almost took both away.”
    heh, I really liked that, although Lex was enjoying having this bit of ‘quality time’ with Chloe, he wasn’t fooling himself into believing that Chloe’s going to be able to maintain this kind of existence indefinitely without killing herself… or killing others.

“Literally speaking of the devil, have you heard from him lately?”

“No he’s been lying low for awhile now. I know he’ll eventually show up, and I’m working on a plan for when he does, but I’m sick of wasting my life being worried about what he will do. I already lost enough time on him.”

“Lost time that could have been better spent with Chloe?”

“If I say yes will you drop this whole line of questioning?”

“I will for now.”

“Then yes.”
    heh, I was ALSO wondering where and what is Lionel up to, and when is he going to make an appearance. I was also rather surprised to see Lex admitting his feelings for Chloe so easily over here. Granted, it took a lot of nagging from Lucas, but still…

“Good. Now, we can discuss sleeping arrangements. I’ll take the guest room and Chloe can move into your room.”

“No.”

“Fine, I have no problem sharing the room with Chloe.”

“Not if you want to live and not when there’s a perfectly good sofa.”

“That’s not fair to make Chloe take the sofa with all she’s been through.”

“You can sleep on the sofa or you can use some of that money I provide you with and get a hotel room.”

“You’ll at least give me a blanket and pillow, won’t you?”
    ROTFLMAO at this entire exchange. Especially the part about ‘making Chloe sleep on the sofa’. Hilarious! They are really TOO cute together, I’d love to see some more Luthor-brothers interaction.

After dinner, Lucas wanted to watch a movie so he, Chloe and Lex gathered in the living room. Lucas went ahead and set up his makeshift bed on the sofa so Chloe and Lex were forced to share the chair. It could be reasonably comfortable for two people, but Chloe had to basically position herself on Lex’s lap.
    heh, how convenient!

They decided to watch Evolution so Chloe could once again drool over David, Lucas could laugh, and Lex could get a minimal amount of science to quell the geek within. However, Lucas was snoring halfway through the movie, and not even David was enough to keep Chloe awake after the toll the day had taken on her.
    ooooh, I remember ‘Evolution’. It was actually a genuinely good movie. I enjoyed it too. And a great big swooning awwwww on Chloe falling asleep on Lex.

“Right. We should probably get up and go to sleep.” Lex couldn’t move with Chloe on top of him and Chloe wasn’t going anywhere.

In fact, she managed to snuggle closer to him. When she looked up, he was so close that she decided to take Lois’ advice. She pulled him to her and began kissing him with a new alertness that she didn’t have moments before. Lex matched her effort, but they eventually had to pull away. As soon as Chloe caught her breath, she said “We should go to bed.”
    Yeah, BABY!!! To bed, bed, bedbedbed!!!! This was quite a heated little moment between the two of them.

At that moment, Lucas let out his loudest snore and the shock of it made Chloe amend her statement. “I mean you to your bed and me to mine. Goodnight.” She was off of his lap and back into her room before Lex could realize what happened.

When his brain did catch up, he looked at Lucas, said “We are getting you a hotel room tomorrow,” pulled Lucas’ pillow out from under him and hit him with it.
    LOL! I don’t blame Lex for lashing out at Lucas over here. I guess he must have felt the potential heat of the moment too, only to have it ruined by a mistimed snore. Oh, well… better luck next time.

ALTERNATE CHAPTER review…

I really liked Mindy’s first choice in chapters betters, but this one also had some really cute moments, and I’m glad she wrote it

“Hey! I’m the one covered in what I’m sure is something I’ll never want to eat again and all you care about is your latest fling. Where’s the loyalty? Where’s the love?”
    ROTFLMAO at poor Lucas’s indignation about being mistreated so. First he was vomited on, and then he was treated like HE was the one who had done something wrong. Poor guy! LOL!

Lex opened the door for a moment, through a towel at Lucas’ head, declared “Here’s your love!” and slammed the door once again.

“Good to know I’m appreciated. I’ll just be in the other bathroom cleaning myself and burning my clothes.” After a few minutes, he realized he wasn’t going to get a reply so he left to do just that and raid Lex’s closet.
    LOL! Again poor Lucas… absolutely no sympathy for him. I’ve never been vomited on, but I imagine it MUST be a fairly traumatizing experience when copious amounts of vomit is involved.

In the bathroom, Lex was holding Chloe’s hair back and soothingly rubbing her back. After she was done, he held out a washcloth to her and she sat back to gather herself and wipe her face.
    I swooned at the sweet, considerate way Lex was taking care of Chloe. This is even sweeter than him acting as her personal man-servant and butler for the past few days.

Lucas had just finished buttoning his new pants when Lex stormed in and grabbed him by the collar. He practically dragged Lucas out of his room, through the living room, out the door, and deposited him in front of the elevator.
    Sill LOL at the appalling lack of sympathy for poor, confused Lucas.

“Look, no reason to be angry with me just because your plan is backfiring.” Lucas yelled as he tried to get off the floor.

“Plan? What are you talking about?”

“Your plan to get that chick drunk and into your bed backfired because she drank too much and is currently upchucking in there. Sex god my ass!” Lucas declared having finally stood up properly.

He wasn’t up for very long after Lex punched him. “Don’t ever refer to Chloe as a ‘chick’ or anything else demeaning that your pathetic brain can come up with again. And I don’t need to get a woman drunk, nor would I ever try that with Chloe. I’m guessing you might have some experience in that area.”
    Ouch! Lucas should have just gotten out while the getting out was good. That was a pretty nasty thing to say, and it doesn’t speak much about Lucas’s assessment of Lex’s morals and characeter.

“Your smell.”

“She’s allergic to all male odors except mine and her father’s. The scent you are giving off makes her sick.”

“Scent? What like pheromones?” When Lex gave him a questioning look, Lucas continued “I’m a smart guy. I know these things.” To which Lex gave him another disbelieving look. “Okay. I dated this ch…woman who liked to watch Animal Planet.”
    LOL at the Luthor-brother’s banter. So cute! And special bonus points to Lucas for very quickly amending his ‘chick’ into ‘woman’ under Lex’s glare. LOL!

Heh, I really enjoyed the alternate chapter, but Mindy was right when she said that it didn’t add much to the story plot. Her original idea was much better. I look forward to seeing how the story continues… please update soon.

Spunky Chick Senior Member hfce's Avatar

I love both versions but the first one is the best. The kiss was HOT!!
    "Everyone seems normal until you get to know them. "

ChLex Schadenfreude Senior Member crankychick's Avatar

Wow. Chloe had the same (well, almost) reaction to seeing Clark that I had all of last season. Great banter and you doubted posting this.....why? It's great. Good flow. I can't wait to read more!

I loved *both* choices. Lucas making Lex jealous and Lucas wearing Chloe puke were both rewarding in their own ways. lol

Lex pushed Lucas out of his way and knocked on the bathroom dorm. “Chloe, are okay? Do you need any help?” he then turned back to Lucas “You better leave because as soon as she’s feeling better, I’m going to kick your ass.”

That's right, Lex. Lay down the law about Chloe early on. And loved how Lucas immediately thought she was wither wasted or pregnant. Someone needs to get Lucas a decent woman...except there really aren't any available on Smallville. Martha deserves way more, so maybe we can pair him with Lois. It makes sense since she's a low rent Chloe and he's a lesser Luthor.

“No!” Lex immediately set his perfected mask when he caught both sets of eyes staring at him and replied calmly, “No, a mate is one half of a pair. You can’t have two mates. It’s not possible.”

I *love* that Lex isn't going to give up his in with Chloe without a fight.

“What are we waiting for? We’ve got answers to uncover, people.” Lucas raced out the door with Lex and Chloe on his heels.

LMAO Lucas is immature and obnoxious, but not stupid.

lolololol You should never piss off Lex.

Both men looked sheepish at being scolded but Lex recovered quicker. “There is no change in your blood or in the fact that our blood bonds. However, it doesn’t bond with Lucas’. My team is not certain why there is no reaction. However, they have two theories. Either Lucas will turn into a potential mate or your blood is tolerating him for the purpose of integrating our families.”

Ohhh! I *like* that second choice there.

“Well if it’s the second, then I can’t look forward to the reaction I was hoping I’d have if I ever saw your father again.”

ROTFLMAO *That's* a scene that would be wonderful to see, and, were I Chloe and I really did have that reaction to Lionel I'd stalk him to all of his public appearances.

“So Jimmy was really okay about the whole break up?” Lois asked as she flipped the channels on the living room’s plasma screen while Chloe continued with her research.

“Yeah, he also discovered that there was no real heartbreak from being kept apart. He’ll probably find someone new by the time I’m better so that all the awkwardness of seeing each other again won’t matter.”

Oh thank God that endless lack of chemistry that was Chimmy has ended.

“And will you find someone new or in this case someone you’ve known of for a while who is bald, rich, sexy and destined to be with you?”

“I thought you hated Lex.”

“So you admit that you think Lex is sexy and that you are destined to be with him?”

LOLOL Love Lois' tricksy ways.

Chloe sighed. “Does Clark suspect Lex of masterminding this whole plot by waiting for me to discover that company on my own and then hope that I would accidentally spill the project on myself?”

Ahh, Clark. With that kind of reasoning you'll be a reporter in...well, never.

“I will. I also informed him that Lex probably didn’t give a damn about his boring farm boy life and is using this time as a means to get into your pants.”

LMAO I guess there's still hope for Lois.

Lucas took note of the fact that Lex didn’t actually answer his question so he continued. “I’m just saying that I would understand your need to lock your princess in the highest tower for as long as possible.”

Yeah, Lex. We'd understand that, too. We're very reasonable about things like that.

“Good. Now, we can discuss sleeping arrangements. I’ll take the guest room and Chloe can move into your room.”

See, already Lucas and Lois are thinking like a couple.

“That’s not fair to make Chloe take the sofa with all she’s been through.”

Way to be a gentleman, Lucas. lololol

They decided to watch Evolution so Chloe could once again drool over David, Lucas could laugh, and Lex could get a minimal amount of science to quell the geek within. However, Lucas was snoring halfway through the movie, and not even David was enough to keep Chloe awake after the toll the day had taken on her.

I love the way you keep providing me with the DD visuals. It's a story bonus.

She was currently sleeping soundly on top of Lex and he was reluctant to wake her. He would have been happy to sleep there the rest of the night, but she started to wake on her own. When she registered where she had fallen asleep, she blushed deep red and apologized.

Awwwwwww. I love cuddly, sleepy Chlex. I'm glad Lex got to enjoy mone snuggly time. He needs it.

In fact, she managed to snuggle closer to him. When she looked up, he was so close that she decided to take Lois’ advice. She pulled him to her and began kissing him with a new alertness that she didn’t have moments before. Lex matched her effort, but they eventually had to pull away. As soon as Chloe caught her breath, she said “We should go to bed.”

Yaaaaaaaaaaaaay!!! Someone finally made a move. But Lois recommended sex, Chloe. So you can't stop there. Jump him. Please! Lucas is a sound sleeper and that chair sounds so comfy.

When his brain did catch up, he looked at Lucas, said “We are getting you a hotel room tomorrow,” pulled Lucas’ pillow out from under him and hit him with it.
    Lucas is lucky he's fictional, 'cause I would've hit him with a car.

Alt. Review

ROTFLMAO And after making Chloe sick he better not be expecting much more.

“I’m fine. He just caught me off guard. I thought you were at the door being incorrigible.”

“I’ll kill him.”

“Don’t. He didn’t know any better. And besides, if you kill him, his smell will stay for weeks and then where will we be?”

This whole part was so sweet. I love an in love Lex. *sigh*

“Your smell.”

Ah, Lucas. You were almost smart. LMAO

Loved both these updates so much. But I agree with the choice you made...and not just because I voted for it.

~Sarah~

hey!!!! sorry if i wasn't able to respond to your PM, busy with job hunting. i thought it would be lionel and i was so hoping that chloe would throw up on him, oh well!

this was better than what i imagined though. great chapter! loved both versions!!!!

loved the banter between lex and lucas. and liking the fact that lois basically told chloe to go for it with lex. i'm so with lex about hitting lucas with a pillow! jackass so ruined the moment. which is why the alternate chapter was great. after interrupting the kiss between chloe and lex, chloe upchucking on him was totally well deserved. but for the purpose of the story i understand why the not throwing up part was the better option.

now i can't wait till they have the eventual conversation about the kiss. should be an interesting one. more soon please!!!!

Na-No-Wri-Mo-ing!

Quote Originally Posted by westwingwolf View Post
    “Where’s Chloe and how did you get in here?”

“Is that the blonde who ran to the bathroom?”

Lex pushed Lucas out of his way and knocked on the bathroom dorm. “Chloe, are okay? Do you need any help?” he then turned back to Lucas “You better
    leave because as soon as she’s feeling better, I’m going to kick your ass.”

“I didn’t do anything wrong except decide to visit my brother on the day that his girlfriend chose to get wasted.”

“She’s not wasted, she’s sick.”

“Oh sorry. Visit my brother and his pregnant girlfriend.”

“She’s not pregnant either.”

“Then what the hell is wrong with her?”

“Nothing,” Chloe said as she opened the door, “at least not right now. I went to the bathroom just in case. But there was no dizziness, no nausea, and definitely no vomiting.”

“How is that possible?”

Lucas! I love Lucas and his cynical suppositions about Chloe. She must be either drunk or pregnant to be nauseous in his sexy presence. The Luthor ego is genetic. Bonus points for making Lex raise his voice over the idea of Lucas being her mate and his half-assed math to prove it can't be true.

“I’m not going anywhere without an explanation, and there is no way I’m going to let you test anything of mine.”

Darling, money-grubbing, irreverent Lucas! What he could do to improve Smallville! Everyone takes themselves far too seriously, and Lucas can be counted on to make fun of anyone.

After what could have easily been hours, Lex and Lucas walked in the room. Lucas spoke first. “Sorry it took so long, but Lex insisted that they recheck my blood three times.”

“I was being thorough.”

“Boys! Just shut up and tell me the results.”
    Poor Lucas' arm. Lex must be really enjoying Chloe's company, and having her all to himself for a medical reason is only encouraging his possessiveness. She's going to have to climb out the window and rapel down if she gets the cure and wants to leave.

“God, I hope it’s the first one,” Chloe blurted out.

Lex was immediately offended.
    This is great news. No blood cell humping! I can practically hear the grudging way Lex tells her Lucas might become a potential mate. Interesting how when it was him being proclaimed Chloe's mate it was a done deal. The unintentional insult she gives him was great too. The Lionel Puke Plan is something that needs to be written.

“And will you find someone new or in this case someone you’ve known of for a while who is bald, rich, sexy and destined to be with you?”
    "You know Lois, as I was having sex with Lex last night I thought to myself this mate thing might be right. I'll have to have more sex with him, but maybe I'll just remain here after I'm cured."

Lois grinned and practically clapped her hands. "I KNEW it!"

"Yes, it's all very sexy."

*smacks head* Sorry! Sorry. I'm NOT writing smut into your story. I'm not. Wouldn't dream of it. When you make a scene break, I don't imagine Chlex smut as an intro to the next paragraph. I certainly don't feel up your Lex and try to remove his clothing . . . So, how about that Jimmy? Good to see a calm resolution to that relationship.

“What question? Oh right, I hated Lex as long as he was being a jerk to you but I’ve got no reason to hate him if you’ve forgiven him. I do, however, reserve the right to kick his ass if he hurts you again. Now you answer my question.”

“I think Lex and I have a lot in common and we enjoy being together, but I can’t say that we are destined to be together. Especially if all we are basing that on is some weird reaction to a strange chemical.”
    I guess it's better that Chloe and Lois are having a reasonable conversation. Lex was bad and Chloe should be clear-minded to choose him and forgive him. I'd like to remind you that he is putting tons of effort into being friendly and emotionally open and he might conceivably be filling most of her needs of human contact.

“There has been no sex. There has been no groping. There hasn’t even been any kissing.”

“This will probably be the only time I say this about you, but you are an idiot. This is the same Lex Luthor that you have been enamored with since after your summer together. This is the man that even after he ended your friendship, you couldn’t stop thinking about. Now that you are practically alone with this man day and night, jump him.”

“We won’t be alone anymore. Lucas will probably be around. Besides Lex hasn’t made a move on me either.”

“That’s probably because he doesn’t know how you feel. He’s just happy that you’re allowing him to be a friend and doesn’t want to risk it. Again I say: jump him!”
    Fine advice. Your Lois is a very smart version, very astute and caring of her cousin's wellbeing. An example to us all, I think, with good ideas as to how Chloe should proceed with her life. Kissing, soon please?

“First of all, Chloe would take offense to being called a princess. Secondly, even if I did lock her away, she’d find a way to escape. She’s going to go stir crazy if she can’t investigate anymore, which is why a cure needs to be found or else she’ll go searching anyway and risk her health. I don’t want her to lose her dream or her life. Our father almost took both away.”
    I love your Lex. You have all the complexities and a lot of sweetness too. He knows Chloe very well. No wonder they're in the penthouse - he's hoping it will be able to hold her long enough to cure her.

After dinner, Lucas wanted to watch a movie so he, Chloe and Lex gathered in the living room. Lucas went ahead and set up his makeshift bed on the sofa so Chloe and Lex were forced to share the chair. It could be reasonably comfortable for two people, but Chloe had to basically position herself on Lex’s lap.

In fact, she managed to snuggle closer to him. When she looked up, he was so close that she decided to take Lois’ advice. She pulled him to her and began kissing him with a new alertness that she didn’t have moments before. Lex matched her effort, but they eventually had to pull away. As soon as Chloe caught her breath, she said “We should go to bed."
    KISSING! Oh, thank you. Even if the bed part is just a verbal slip, I'm very happy. I didn't think Lucas would be welcomed for long, but it's amusing he's not even quiet while asleep.

As for the alternate chapter, it was fun to see the violently defensive Lex deal with getting Lucas away from Chloe and straightening up his insulting assumptions the she was drunk. Unfortunately the same part of the plot that has Chloe moving in, prevents Lucas from being around much, so I'm glad to see I backed the right horse. Luthors may deserve to be puked on, but it's not nearly as much fun as keeping them around for further trouble.

“I’ll kill him.”

*swoons over adorable Lex*
    Last edited by nonky; 26th June 2007 at 16:26. Reason: To add content
    Her soul is senstive like a finely made tuning fork. It vibrates and resonates with every little hint of trauma, evil and monstrosity that might be humming in the air, and channels it into expressions of fiction... or recomended websites - somethingeasy

An Accused Heretic Senior Member Kit Merlot's Avatar

Great chapters!

I love that Lois and Lucas both see how much Lex and Chloe like each other, and Lois' being so protective of Chloe is endearing

And we got a kissing scene--good for Chloe for taking Lois advice.

I'm glad that Chloe didn't puke on Lucas, but the AU chapter where she did was killing me. I felt bad for poor Lucas.

Can't wait to see what happens next!
    KATHY

"Don't quote me to me!" Detective Danny "Danno" WIlliams, Hawaii Five-0, episode 1.8 Mana'o

"This could barely fill up Thumbelina!" SALIGIA by westwingwolf

My Fanfic Master List

My livejournal: An Accused Heretic

NS Senior Member Senior Member

AN: Thanks for the feedback. I'm feeling iffy on this chapter but I hope it makes it's point.

Chapter 8

Even if Lucas hadn’t been awoken the previous night in a rude fashion, he would have known that something was wrong by breakfast. The average person would have been considerate enough to stay out of other people’s business or wise enough to know not to get in the middle of anything.

Lucas didn’t care to have either of these qualities.

“So Lex, do you want to tell Chloe why I have to find a new place to stay?”

“You’re kicking him out, why?”

Lex stared at his brother with a look that warned him to keep quiet or die, and then turned his attention to Chloe with a warm smile. “Since it seems that Lucas will be staying in Metropolis for a while, I thought that he’d want a place where he doesn’t have to sleep on the sofa. Lucas’ care is very important to me and I’d hate for him to suffer needlessly.” Lex looked back at Lucas with a smirk before adding “Who knows how much pain might fall upon him if he slept here any longer.”

Chloe was smart enough to know not to buy what Lex was saying but she didn’t press the issue. “No need for that. I’ve decided to move back in with Lois, so Lucas can have the guestroom.”

“Move back with Lois? You mean above the Talon?” Lex tried to sound natural but it was obvious to both Lucas and Chloe that he wasn’t happy with that idea.

“Yes, I appreciate the offer to stay here until I’m cured, but who knows when that will be, and I can’t depend on you for the rest of my life.”

“I know that, but this is the only place for you. There is too great a chance that you’ll encounter male odors at the Talon. Plus, Queen will probably be there at all hours. And Clark will have an easier time trying to see if you’ve miraculously gotten over his smell.” Silently he added ‘and I won’t get to see you anytime I want.’

“Has Clark been trying to enter the building?”

“I may have had to send security to deal with him one or two … dozen times.”

Chloe let out an exasperated sigh. “Okay, you win. I’ll stay.”

Again, Lucas couldn’t just let things sit. “So why are you so eager to leave now?”

“I told you. I feel like I’m overstaying my welcome.”

“Right, but Lex said yesterday that you weren’t a burden and you were fine then. So what changed from yesterday afternoon to this morning?”

“Nothing! Nothing changed. I just… don’t want to talk about this now. I have work to do.” Chloe left the table before Lucas could push for more answers.

“Don’t you have hotels to be calling?” with that Lex left his brother alone and went to speak with Chloe.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Lex entered Chloe’s room without knocking, unfortunately for him, his life wasn’t a sitcom so he didn’t catch her in the middle of changing. “I can’t believe I’m saying this but Lucas does have a point. Why are you trying to avoid what happened last night?”

“Last night … was the result of cabin fever and an end of the world scenario that finally caught up with me.”

“I don’t understand.”

“Think about it Lex. When you are stranded with one person, something is bound to happen, but that doesn’t mean that it should happen.”

“So that’s it? You just kissed me because you’ve been stuck with me for the last few days?” His tone showed that he either didn’t or didn’t want to believe her.

“Yes. I’ve just been going crazy trying think about the point of the project and find out how to fix it, and Lois wasn’t be helpful.”

“What does Lois have to do with this?”

“She kept telling me to use this time to my advantage. I think I just kissed you so I could shut up her voice in my head, but I didn’t really think it was a good idea. I … I …didn’t want to do it, and I know that you just naturally reciprocated so it doesn’t mean anything.”

Lex wavered between correcting her and saving face before finally making a decision. “You’re right. It didn’t mean anything, so it won’t matter if you stay here. You can continue to stay here because that kiss had no effect on our friendship what so ever.”

“Okay. We’re agreed.” Their words did nothing to resolve the tension in the room; and if either thought for a moment that the other wasn’t being honest, then they weren’t saying anything.

Not being able to stand the silence any longer, Lex asked her, “Did you find out the purpose of the project?”

“Not conclusively, but I think it’s used as a mate finder which is a completely crazy idea if you ask me.”

“Why? Because you don’t think it worked in your case?”

“Just because people seem to have some kind of biological match doesn’t give them an excuse to have a relationship.”

“Is it so horrible to have an easy answer to whom one is meant to love? Shouldn’t it be a great idea to not have to put your heart on the line only to have it pummeled time and again?”

“Yes, Lex, it’s nice to not have to worry. But you aren’t thinking clearly. I don’t want to be with someone just because we have the right body chemistry. Stop smirking you know what I mean.” Lex let out a small laugh at the fact that she knew exactly where his mind went. Sensing she had more to say he motioned for her to continue.

“I want to know I’m with the right guy because I know it in my heart, not because I can refrain from emptying my stomach every time he kisses me. Imagine if we were in love and had found out that we weren’t pheromone compatible. What would you have done if you had gotten infected by this substance?”

“I would have carried around barf bags because it would be worth it to be around you.”

“That’s actually kind of romantic if not a little disturbing that you’d take the risk of vomiting on me.”

“I guess all great loves have their sacrifices.”

Chloe laughed at that. “Do you understand now?”

“Yeah, I just…I guess it’s a good thing that we are just friends.” Not wanting to reflect on how much that statement hurt, he moved forward. “Do you have any other information? Can you remember if you saw any elements that the chemical was made from?”

He noticed that she hesitated before answering which probably meant she was holding something back but if she didn’t find it necessary to tell him yet, he wasn’t going to ask. “No, but I think we are going about this the wrong way. Testing the substance and hoping to find out how it works isn’t doing anything. I need to go back to that lab and find out more on my own.”

“Okay, even if you somehow managed to get passed me, how would you to and into the lab without stopping every few minutes to throw up? And even if you powered through, don’t you think the sounds of your vomiting would alert the guards to your presence?”

“Fine, then you and Lucas go for me. It will take two of you to get the same amount of work done that I could do alone, sick or not.”

“I don’t doubt that, but I don’t think it will be necessary. I will contact the owner personally and found out what I need to know and if she knows of a cure.”

“What makes you think she’s just going to tell you everything let alone meet with you in the first place?”

“If I tell her that I heard about her business through some contacts and have an interest in investing, she will. After that I’ll make her tell me.” The conviction in his voice left no doubt in her mind that he would be able to do just that.

“Why didn’t you offer to do this from the start?”

“I was hoping my scientists could find a cure without you getting in trouble for breaking and entering.”

“And now?”

“Now, it’s not important.”

“It’s not important if I go to jail?”

“It’s not important to wait if you want to leave.” Chloe nodded but didn’t say anything, so Lex left to make all the arrangements.

She knew the risks when she went to the lab. She also knew that Lex wouldn’t allow her to go to jail, but she couldn’t shake the feeling of uneasiness when Lex was so convinced that she wanted to leave him. She knew that he was only reacting to what she told him which made her feel even worse. She hadn’t been this sick since Lex broke off their friendship, and she knew it had nothing to do with biology.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information