PDA

View Full Version : [Completed] Protector (PG) - Complete

Robyn
21st November 2003, 00:43
Title: Protector
Author: Robyn
A/N: Ok this was written in like 2 minutes flat. Just a lil idea I'd thought up last night, couldn't make it go away, got it down on paper, and thought it was ok. Really short. :unsure: Hope you like it.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*

She slowly walked over to the large glass wall as she took in his appearance. He was sitting on the floor, head slightly bent down, but she knew he wasn't asleep. The dark, red patches around his eyes showed that much. He looked so incredibly scared and alone. She couldn't believe that this was the man who'd told her he'd protect her. She never thought she'd see him like this.

She gently placed her hand on the glass, wishing she were on the other side of it, wishing she could comfort him. Clark had brought the scotch to the police and it was no doubt already being tested. But that wasn't important. Of course, it would get him out of this God forsaken place. But she knew he'd never be the same, no matter what happened.

"I'll protect you, Lex."

His head raised slightly and he looked at the glass. Not directly at her, but she'd like to think he could sense her there. It was then she vowed to be there for him when they got him out. She and Lex were never the closest of friends, but she promised that that would soon change.

"You have my word."

With one last look at her broken protector, she turned away from the glass and made her way out of the sanitarium.

staysixkid
21st November 2003, 00:47
omg...that was... :huh: gah...i loved it! Role reversal....hee! Excellent job Robyn :)

WolviesLover
21st November 2003, 00:59
Very touching. I loved it. :)

Susie Q
21st November 2003, 01:00
Wow, this was really great Robyn! I could so clearly see this scene in my mind. And I too loved the role reversal idea. Chloe promising to protect her 'broken protector' *sigh*.....seems so bittersweet.

hfce
21st November 2003, 01:37
Awww that was so sweet. :wub:

Hope :chlexsign2:

autumngold
21st November 2003, 08:31
Thank you so much for writing this story!!!! Lex needs someone to protect him now and Chloe would be the perfect person!! Please, please write a sequel. I would love to see how Lex would react to Chloe when she helps him!! :chlexsign4: Maybe it should be in the NC-17 section!! ;)

gina
21st November 2003, 08:55
I loved it. So sad and yet so sweet. Great job!

starmoon
29th April 2005, 07:16
loved it maby you could write a sequel.

April
16th October 2006, 13:45
Loved this! I like how Chloe would do the same for lex as he would for her. Great work! really wish they would have put a scene like this in the acual show.

~*~Tasha~*~
19th October 2006, 02:34
Two minutes you say? Very productive and potent 2 minutes. This would have been an excellent scene for the episode.