PDA

View Full Version : Regrets (complete) PG

happy bunny
15th November 2003, 08:12
Regrets
PG

Funny how one argument can change everything

A/N: Yup, another depressing one from yours truly. Don’t ask me where this came from, as I have no clue either, but the idea struck me and I had to write it. Please give me feedback, tell me what you think and how it can be improved.

It was three years ago to this very day that you stormed out that door, slamming it angrily behind you. It’s foolish of me, I know, but every day I wait for you to come back through that very door, all apologies and kisses, and everything will be right again in the world. But you never will. And it’s all my fault.

I still remember the look you gave me right before you left, the fury blazing in your eyes and the icy look upon your face. You said you needed air; that you were going out for a drive. You never came back.

So that leaves me here, nursing a cup of brandy, very much like how you used to, staring intently at the door. Willing it to open, trying with all my might to make you come back to me. To make everything like how it was before.

In the three years you’ve been gone, I haven’t cried once. I’ve gotten sick of crying over lost love; over my mother, over Clark, over my father and over you. I learned early on that tears are worthless. No matter how many tears slip down my face, you won’t come back. It doesn’t matter if I cry until my eyes are puffy and red, you’ll still be gone.

I can still hear the slam of the door echoing loudly in my head. Still feel my heart shattering in a heap of tiny pieces. Still remember the way you stormed from the house, never looking back.

It was supposed to be a day of celebration, a day of happiness and love. But you never saw the candles glowing beautifully on the table set for just the two of us. You never ate the dinner I had spent all day cooking especially for you. You never heard the news we both had been waiting so long to hear. You came home, eyes dark and angry and hurling accusations. “How come you never told me that you worked for my father?” You practically growled at me.

“That was years ago, I was young and heartbroken. And seeing as it only lasted a matter of weeks before I broke it off, I didn’t think it was important.”

“Damn it, Chloe! I’m your husband! I deserve to know ‘unimportant’ things like that!” You roared. “What else have you been hiding from me?” You demanded.

“Nothing, Lex, I... It was a mistake, I was ashamed, okay? Just please forgive me. I love you.”

I remember you looked up at me with this cold look in your eyes and snarled, “I don’t even know you anymore.” Pain shot through my chest and I felt as though you had plunged a dagger into my heart. And then the roar of an engine and you were gone.

Sometimes I wonder how life would have been if we had never had that argument. If I had told you sooner. Then, none of this would have happened. We’d still be happy, we’d still be together, and I’d be curled up in your arms instead of sprawled across this chair wishing you were here.

I wonder what you were thinking of as you sped down those roads, what you were feeling, and I wonder if you ever saw that truck coming.

*FIN*

hfce
15th November 2003, 08:35
Oh wow Kelly that was :crygreen:

Hope :crygreen:

autumngold
15th November 2003, 09:15
Oh no, you killed Lex. That is just so wrong and so sad! :crygreen: :crygreen: Poor Chloe, now she is all alone! :crygreen: I think I need to find a story in the fluff section now!! :biggrin: Great writing!! :chlexsign4:

SinnerSaint
15th November 2003, 11:29
:ohmy: :crygreen: :crygreen: Holy shit !! You killed Lex. I didnt see that one coming !

Susie Q
15th November 2003, 11:44
You know when I read stories in the 'Angst' forum I always try to brace myself for the worst case scenario. Having said that....Nooooooooo....I can't believe Lex is dead http://www.angelfire.com/emo2/emoticons0/images/tears.gif.

tigerbaby
15th November 2003, 14:54
The radio has decided to play christmas carols right now so it's weird reading this and listening to bright cheery music at the same time! I don't know whether to sing along or cry!

Anyway sweetie, this was good. One of the very few told from a first person POV that works and is believable. I personally wouldn't dare risk it myself but you did good. :blinkkiss:

sara_noele
15th November 2003, 15:19
Okay, this was so short but uhh... so sad. :crygreen:
I really loved how you killed Lex, so simple and so painful on the other side.

georgee5
16th November 2003, 08:33
Oh no, you killed Lex. That is just so wrong and so sad! Poor Chloe, now she is all alone! I think I need to find a story in the fluff section now!! Great writing!

Autumngold took the words write out of my heart.

§ĺß®îNĺ
16th November 2003, 09:08
wow! i thought she was going to say something like... 'i was going to tell him i was pregnant' or something! i so did not see that coming!

awesome... so angsty but good

Sienna
16th November 2003, 13:59
Originally posted by tigerbaby@Nov 15 2003, 07:54 AM
Anyway sweetie, this was good. One of the very few told from a first person POV that works and is believable. I personally wouldn't dare risk it myself but you did good. :blinkkiss:
Agreed! It was done *very* well. You told from thoughts and feelings rather than from action. Excellent job!

WolviesLover
16th November 2003, 20:34
:crygreen: So sad!

gina
17th November 2003, 01:30
Oh my, that was so sad. Poor Lex, poor Chloe! :crygreen:

drina
17th November 2003, 03:34
This is so sad....

vee
17th November 2003, 06:33
I also try not to read too many angst because they are just so sad, and yours was right up there with the best of them. It was an amazing piece and some great writing. well done.
Vee

Clannadlvr
11th February 2004, 05:31
tigerbaby pointed me in the direction of this fic and I just have to say, great job! POV can be so difficult and you've made it look effortless.

Fantastic emotional punch...

ColumbiaBlue
11th February 2004, 06:02
I wonder what you were thinking of as you sped down those roads, what you were feeling, and I wonder if you ever saw that truck coming.

:crygreen: :crygreen: :crygreen: :crygreen: :crygreen:
That's all I have to say... yeah. :crygreen:

~Manda

georgee5
12th February 2004, 04:45
Why are you making my chest hurt? Why is there water running out of my eyes? Why do you make Chloe so broken? :crygreen:

Good story, I enjoyed it.

gimmick_86
29th November 2010, 06:42
No......you killed Lex.....