sydsvaughn
14th November 2003, 10:02
Title: Protecting Me
Author: SaraC
Rating: PG
Spoilers: Magnetic
Summary: Just a little add on to the end of Magnetic

Disclaimer: Not mine, never will be.

Notes: It's 3AM, I can't sleep after watching the Chlex scenes in "Magnetic." That's what this was spawned from, sorry if it seems disjointed, but it had to be written. Unlike Chloe, maybe I can sleep now. Enjoy!

~*~*~*~*~*~

I’ll protect you, Chloe. You have my word.

His words rang through her head as she lay in bed that night, unable to find the perfect oblivion of sleep. When she tried, her dreams were haunted by an extremely attractive, extremely dangerous bald billionaire. There had been something in his eyes as he’d offered to protect her, twice in one day.

First in the morgue, staring at her so intently over the body of his private detective. The image was burned into her brain, the pale, white flesh of the dead man, as Lex stared intently into her eyes, no doubt trying to impose the seriousness of the situation on her. She didn’t need the gruesome visual reminder. Her confrontation with Lionel a few days ago had been plenty to help her see the light about the devil she’d entered into a bargain with.

I can protect you, Chloe. I’m the only choice you’ve got.

She’d known that, instinctively she’d known that, from the first day Lionel had approached her. In a strange, psychotic way, she realized deep in her mind that any connection with Lionel would no doubt lead to a connection with Lex. The idea that she’d been thinking about that type of connection to Lex, for this long, scared her.

Lex Luthor was so out of her league, not to mention the man was, if rumors were to be believed, on the edge of a nervous breakdown after his forced ‘island vacation’ courtesy of his mysteriously absent wife. The last thing he would want was a nosy, high school reporter around, no doubt causing more trouble for him, as she obviously already had.

Not that he didn’t bring trouble on himself. If she attracted meteor freaks like a magnet, Lex attracted trouble, plain and simple. The intensity in his eyes as he’d succinctly told her he was her only choice to save herself from Lionel was burned into her brain.

I’ll protect you, Chloe.

The second time he’d offered those words had been in his office earlier tonight. It had taken all of her courage to face him, to ask for his help. While deep inside, a part of her rejoiced at having a reason to seek him out, a larger part was terrified. Terrified of what he might say, what he might demand in return for his protection.

She knew she sounded like a virginal heroine in a gothic novel, but she couldn’t help it. Lex Luthor was an enigma, and no matter how badly she wanted to figure him out, to understand why he was the way he was, there was no way he’d ever let her that close. Lex never let anyone that close, and those who, by some chance, did get into his inner circle, usually ended up hurt, or worse, dead. With the exception of Clark, however. But then, she’d grown used to her friend’s ability to cheat death.

I’ll protect you, Chloe.

Four simple words, yet they had the power to both relieve and terrify her.

Relief at knowing that she was not alone in fighting Lionel anymore, that she had someone to turn to, to share her information with. Someone, who might possibly be the only one, to help her emerge from this nightmare unscathed. However, she was terrified at the same time, because she knew that any involvement with Lex Luthor would leave her far from untouched. She already felt more for him than she should. Not to mention she was sure he did not even consider her as more than an annoyance to be dealt with. A pawn in the game to outwit his father. It rankled a little, but she couldn’t blame him. She hadn’t given him a chance to see anything more that that to her.

Still, the haunting echo of his words filled her with a strange warmth, a tingling that surged through her body, centering between her thighs. She shifted against the silk of her sheets, feeling the softness against her skin, imagining how his lips would feel, just so, just there…

She came back to herself with a start, blushing to realize she’d fallen into yet another sexual fantasy about the most unattainable man in the world, at least to her. And considering how long she’d pined for Clark that was saying something.

I’ll protect you, Chloe.

She sighed once more as she rolled over in bed, clutching her pillow tightly to her chest, imagining once again that it was Lex’s warm, firm body, wrapped tightly around her.

I’ll protect you, Chloe.

Lex might be able to protect her from Lionel, but who would protect her from him?

Or more frighteningly, who would protect her from herself?

~*~*~*~*~*~

The End

End Notes: Well, cryptic enough for you? Oh, and I promise, the final chapter to "Finding a Way Home" and the next chapter to "Somebody Save Me" are being betaed as I write. Should be up within the next few days!

SaraC

Lel
14th November 2003, 11:25
;)
Having not seen this episode yet. I am only vaguely aware of what happens, However, I really liked this.

Lel

SinnerSaint
14th November 2003, 12:37
Wow ! I just watched that episode and I had similar thoughts , like what would he want in return , and was he really doing it just out of the goodness of his heart and then I said ...who cares !! Protected by Lex ! A girl should be so lucky !!

drina
14th November 2003, 15:48
haven't seen this episode, but it seems really good.

i like your story...Chloe should definitely trust lex to protect her.

WolviesLover
14th November 2003, 17:49
I loved this! I'm dying to know what Lex has in mind for Chloe. I didn't see the epidose, but I did watch the clips that were to nicely put up for us. I'm so happy he's going to protect her! :biggrin:

hfce
14th November 2003, 19:19
Wow that was good.

Hope :biggrin:

happy bunny
14th November 2003, 22:59
I liked it! :biggrin: Great introspection on Chloe's part!

Susie Q
15th November 2003, 02:06
Originally posted by SinnerSaint@Nov 14 2003, 04:37 AM
Wow ! I just watched that episode and I had similar thoughts , like what would he want in return , and was he really doing it just out of the goodness of his heart and then I said ...who cares !! Protected by Lex ! A girl should be so lucky !!
Ditto! http://www.angelfire.com/emo2/emoticons0/images/yes.gif

Impress
15th November 2003, 02:16
oh good one Sara.

mina murray
15th November 2003, 05:27
Your worst enemy you carry it within. Chloe can't help lusting after Lex. Millions have tried and failed! Good piece. :blinkkiss:

autumngold
15th November 2003, 08:07
Lucky Chloe, to be told that she would be protected by Lex Luthor!! :biggrin: Now she just needs to make sure that he sees her as more than just a reporter or a pawn! And she needs to break all contact with Lionel! He's so icky! :biggrin: Great story! I'm so glad your updating your other stories too!! :chlexsign1:

gina
17th November 2003, 00:59
That was great! I liked how we got to see what happened in the episode from Chloe's point of view.

starmoon
29th April 2005, 07:17
WOW!!!!!!!!!!! is all i can say.

arkakitty
27th June 2005, 23:17
Sooo I'm again at reading all your fanfictions :) And I love this one as well.....not long until I have nothing to say anymore, because I'm speechless.....but I'm trying.

jaxie926
29th June 2005, 08:51
good fic! i enjoyed it.

darkangel
28th July 2005, 03:12
This is a very cool story.

Ainur
28th July 2005, 05:30
*swoon* That's all I can say, *swoon*

~*~Tasha~*~
1st October 2009, 04:09
Nicely done.