PDA

View Full Version : Angel Standing By (PG-13)

ColumbiaBlue
7th November 2003, 08:29
Title: Angel Standing By
Author: ColumbiaBlue
Rating: PG-13
Summary: He's the son of the devil to everyone else. But to her, he's her angel.
Disclaimer: If they were mine, the stuff we write about here would really happen on the show.
Spoilers: Anything's fair game.

AN: This little ditty is based on A Jewel song called "Angel Standing By." I listened to that song earler and now Oliver's all hyper-active, spitting out ideas faster than I can write. When it rains it pours… lol.

*Lyrics- Angel Standing By

All through the night I'll be standing over you
All through the night I'll be watching over you
And through bad dreams I'll be right there baby
Holding your hand, telling you everything's going to be alright
And when you cry I'll be there baby
Telling you you're never anything less then beautiful
So don't you worry
I'm your angel standing by

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Lex was torn out of his sleep by the ringing of the phone. He groaned, opened one eye, looked at the clock, and groaned again. 1:15 in the morning. He reached over to his bedside table and picked up the phone, bringing it to his ear.

"If this isn't a beautiful woman, I'm hanging up," he grumbled. He heard a few soft sniffles.

"Lex…"

He sat bolt up right in his bed, suddenly extremely awake. "Chloe? What's wrong?"

He heard her sob and sniffle again. "Clark."

He closed his eyes and clenched his fists together It was their six month anniversary.. What had he done to make her cry? He had a feeling it had something to do with a certain dark haired girl…

" Are you at home?"

"Uh-huh."

"I'll be there in ten minutes." Lex pulled himself out of bed and pulled on a pair of sweatpants.

"Lex don't speed." Chloe cried.

"You're hysterical and you're telling me not to speed? Think again Chloe." He pulled a t-shirt over his head and searched around for his shoes. "I'll be right there okay?"

"Kay."

Lex hung up and continued looking for shoes.

"Screw shoes." He grabbed his keys and bolted out the door.

~*~ Ten Minutes Later ~*~

Lex pulled into Chloe's driveway to see her sitting on the swing on the front porch, knees pulled up to her chest. He got out of his car and walked up there.

"Chloe…" he whispered, kneeling down in front of her. She glanced up at him, eyes red from crying. He reached up and touched her face with his hand. "What happened?"

He saw her crumble right before him, and it broke his heart into a million pieces.

"Lex," she cried, leaning forward, resting her head on her knees, sobs wracking her body.

He sighed and gathered her into his arms, sinking down onto the floor. He let her cry for a few minutes, stroking her hair and whispering sweet nothings into her ear.

"What did he do to you sweetheart?" He asked softly.

She took a few deep breaths and sniffled a couple more times. Lex pulled out a wad of Kleenex from his pocket and handed them to her. "I came prepared," he smiled softly at her.

She wiped at her eyes. "Okay… you know how today was our six month anniversary?"

"Yeah."

"Well, he took me into Metropolis, in a limo and everything, and he somehow got us into Cose."

Lex raised an eyebrow. "No kidding?"

"Yeah. So, everything was going great until dessert comes."

"Okay…"

"Then he goes 'Chloe… I have to tell you something… Today, Lana told me that she was in love with me and wanted more…' So I ask him what he said that he told her that while he'd been waiting to hear her say that for such a long time, he had feelings for me too. So I was like, well this is a good sign. He didn't choose her right away, right?"
"Wrong! He may have not physcially chosen her right then but he certainly had mentally. He said that I knew all he ever wanted was to be with Lana and that he'd gone out with me because he had kinda given up on her, but now that his feelings for him were recripocated, even though it was a hard decision, he chose her."

Lex's eyes widened. "He said that to you?" Oh he was going to destroy Clark. The stupid, dipshit of a farm boy better run and hide if he wanted to escape an immense amount of pain.

"Yes!" Chloe exclaimed bursting into tears again. She burried her face in Lex's shoulder. "Why didn't he want me Lex? What's so wrong with me?" She sobbed.

He sighed and kissed her on the head. "Nothing Chloe. Nothing's wrong with you."

"Then why doesn't he want me?"

Lex touched her face with his palm, trying to get her to look at him. "Chloe, look at me."

"No."

Lex slid his fingers under her chin, bringing her face from his shoulder.

"I'm all splotchy." Chloe mumbled.

Lex smiled, tucking a few strands of hair behind Chloe's ear. "No you're not, you're beautiful. If Clark can't see that then the little shit doesn't deserve you."

Chloe sighed and wrapped her arms around Lex's neck. "Why can't all guys be like you Lex Luthor?"

He laughed a little. "Why can't all girls be like you Chloe Sullivan?"

This time it was her turn to laugh, even if it was a sardonic one. "I think you're the only man in Smallville who thinks that about me."

"Yeah? Well I think you're the only woman in Smallville who thinks that about ME."

"Well that's because everyone else is just stupid. If only they could see you now. I have a feeling that their opinions about you would change."

"Yeah but, can I let you in on a little secret?" Lex whispered, leaning his forehead against hers.

"What?"

"You're the only person I want to see me like this. You're special."

"If I'm so special then why-"

Lex interrupted her by pressing his lips to hers in a gentle kiss. Chloe sighed against his mouth and he felt her relax in his arms. He pulled away and rested their foreheads together again.

"Lex… what was that?" Chloe asked a few moments later.

"A kiss."

"But why?"

"Because you were about to say something that isn't true."

"How is it not true Lex? If I'm so special then why doesn't Clark see it?"

"Because Clark isn't man enough to see it. He's a little boy Chloe. Which is why he's in love with Lana, because she's a little girl …" Lex trailed off and kissed her forehead. "But you… you're a woman Chloe. Which is why I'm in love with you, because I'm a man."

The corner of her mouth lifted a little. "I could take a real cheap shot right now but you're being so sweet so I won't."

"Well this is a good sign. It seems your wit is returning." Lex smiled down at her, crossing his eyes goofily.

"Lex… why are you telling me this now?" Chloe asked, closing her eyes. "When we first became friends, I dreamt to hear you say the words you're saying right now. But then everything happened with Clark and it was pushed to the back of my mind. But now…"

"But now what Chloe? I know that telling you all this now is kind of a cheap shot in itself but… I can't keep it in anymore. And right now, I do or say anything to see that smile on your face."

"What smile?" Chloe asked.

Lex gave her a half smile and touched her cheek. "The one that lights up your whole face and the room your in. I see it when you're excited about a story. And I'd see it ocassionally when you were talking to Clark. And I'd think, 'God, I'd do anything for her to give me that smile."

Chloe stared at him for a moment and Lex's face lit up.

"That's the smile I'm talking about," he whispered.

Chloe knitted her eyebrows together. "I didn't even realize I was smiling."

"You are."

Chloe leaned in and kissed him again. She pulled away and suddenly her face twisted into a confused expression. "Wait… I shouldn't be doing this. This isn't right." She untangled herself from Lex's arms and got up, starting to pace back and forth. Lex shook his head and stood up as well.

"What? What isn't right?"

"You'll be the rebound Lex and I don't want you to be the rebound." Then again, it certainly didn't feel like he was the rebound when they were kissing. In fact, two kisses from Lex made her feel better then any of Clark's kisses. Clark's kisses were shy and sloppy. Lex's kisses were… nice and sensual and… and why was she thinking that?! He would still be the rebound.

"Chloe…" Lex's voice brought her back from her thoughts.

"Hmm? Oh, sorry. I guess I spaced a little."

"I'd say so." Lex took her face in his hands and kissed the tip of her nose. "I'll wait," he whispered.

"What?"

"I'll wait. If you're afraid I'll be the rebound then, I'll wait."

"But that's not fair. You shouldn’t have to wait Lex."

"Myabe I shouldn't… But I want to. I want to be with you Chloe."

She smiled again and bit her lip. "I want to be with you too Lex."

"You do?"

"I do."

Lex wrapped his arms around her and pulled her close, breathing in her scent. "I love you. And don't feel pressure to say it back because I'm not expecting you to… I just wanted you to know."

Chloe kissed him again, with a little more force then the others before. "How about we take things slow. You know, day by day, see how things go… and I need to shut up cause I just rhymed three times in a row… And I didn't it again," she rolled her eyes and then yawned, suddenly realizing how tired she was.

"You should get to bed." Lex said.

"Yeah. All that crying really wore me out." She stared at him for a moment. "Come and tuck me in?"

"Of course."

~The Next Morning~

Lex was torn out of his sleep once again by the phone ringing. Without even opening his eyes, he reached over and picked it up.

"What?"

"Um… Lex?"

"Clark?" Lex's eyes shot open and he realized that he wasn't exactly at his house.

"Why are you answering Chloe's phone?"

"Why is it any of your concern?"

"Because she's my girlfriend."

Lex glanced over at the sleeping blonde next to him, her head resting on his shoulder. So much for taking it slow…

"Correction. She WAS your girlfriend. Was, past tense Clark. You made a huge mistake last night Clark."

"Chloe told you?"

"She told me Clark."

"Well… is she upset?"

Lex laughed. "Was upset."

"She's not anymore?"

"Nope."

"Why not?"

"Because she's with me now Clark. And I'm going to make sure I never, ever hurt her."

"You slept over at her house?!" Clark exclaimed.

"Goodbye Clark." Lex smirke, hanging up the phone. He looked down at Chloe and sweetly kissed her.

Her eyes fluttered open and she stretched, looking up at him.

"Well good morning beautiful." Lex smiled.

Chloe smiled back. "Did you phone just ring."

"Uh-huh. It was Clark."

"Clark? What did he want?"

Lex took a breath. "I don't know. I didn't give him a chance to tell me. I did tell him about us though."

"Oh yeah?" She grinned.

"Yeah. I think he was a little pissed that I slept over."

"Lex Luthor, did you tell him we slept together?"

"We did sleep together Chloe." Lex smile cheekily.

She rolled her eyes. "Did you tell him that we had sex?!"

"No, because we didn't Chloe. But does he need to know that?"

Chloe giggled.

"I think we should let his imagination get the best of him for a while."

"Yeah… we should." Chloe sighed and leaned up and kissed him. "Hey Lex…"

"What baby?"

"I love you."

~*~ The End ~*~

autumngold
7th November 2003, 09:20
I'm so glad that Lex was there to save Chloe, to be her Angel!! I'm also glad that you listened to Jewel's song, since it made you write such an awesome story!! Please write more Chlex soon!! :biggrin: :chlexsign3:

jaded-swan
7th November 2003, 10:56
:wub: That was really nice... who needs Clark anyway when you can have Lex... besides... I always know Clark would be that kind of person...let's not even talk about Lana declaring her love for Clark on their 6 month aniversary

Gea
7th November 2003, 11:10
You should definitly listen to Jewel's songs more often if this is the result!
How sensitive of Clark telling Chloe when they were out for their anniversary...I hope she threw the dessert at his head!

:chlexsign3: Gaia

SinnerSaint
7th November 2003, 11:16
:wub: That was just too sweet . Sigh . Now if only there were some men out there like that .... sigh again . Oh well , I'll just transfer my need for romance into lust for Lex like everyone else does .

zeppo2
7th November 2003, 11:42
*Dance of Joy* Yeah Lex is the man!!!

Stupid sloppy kissing Clark :tease:

Sab_Luthor
7th November 2003, 13:58
awwww i love it
so nice and cute *sigh* i'm in heaven it was a beautiful story
and clark argghhh :hammer: :hammer: stupid stupid stupid clark kent :hammer: :hammer: he deserve a stupid grilfriend like lana :hammer:

chloe she deserve a real man like the magnificient lex luthor :wub: :wub:

Susie Q
7th November 2003, 14:10
Awwwww :wub: Hey Chloe don't think of Lex as rebound guy just think of Clark as practice guy - the dork :tease: .

scifichick774
7th November 2003, 14:29
Hee hee. Thoughts: Clark is an asshole, Lex going over to Chloe's house barefoot was just too cute, and not bothering to correct Clark's assumption was just funny. Well done.

lexpixie
7th November 2003, 15:37
aaaawwww...i like sweet lex. :wub: this was a cute fic.
:chlexsign2: :chlexsign4:

vardaquareien
7th November 2003, 16:02
:wub: awwwwwwww...that was just gorgeous! Really beautiful but not sappy! I loved the picture of them o her front porch with her sobbing and him just holding her in his arms...:wub: awwwwwwww and the ending was just brilliant! I love sneakyLex!

hfce
8th November 2003, 03:01
Awwwwwwthat was so cute :wub:

Hope :chlexsign2:

tigerbaby
8th November 2003, 03:12
Yes!!! Leave Clark to his misconceptions. He doesn't need to know.

This was just awwww.

Robyn
9th November 2003, 18:15
I loooooved this story. Sweet Lex is just too adorable. Sweet barefoot lovable Lex is... :drool: Great job with this fic. :chlexsign1:

Val
9th November 2003, 18:59
That was so aaawww! :wub:

randa
9th November 2003, 23:14
i love it, they are so sweet together :wub: !

randa

Béatrice
10th November 2003, 21:46
I love this kind of fic with an happy ending. :biggrin:

Very good job!

ladymichelle
11th November 2003, 22:44
I love it when Clark is stupid and Lex comes to Chloe's rescue!
Good story!

Michelle

starmoon
12th April 2005, 01:54
that was just sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo cute and sweet. i hate clark and lana they are evil and should just disapear.

slyflame
28th April 2005, 22:56
Love the theme of waking Lex up in the night, because of people calling him at the strangest hours, that he didn't even wear shoes and ran to her.... very cute. One big "awww" for your story.

Sab_Luthor
29th April 2005, 12:47
awwwwwwww so beautiful i loved it

LEXNCHLOEROCK
2nd May 2005, 00:21
[QUOTE=ColumbiaBlue]

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Lex's eyes widened. "He said that to you?" Oh he was going to destroy Clark. The stupid, dipshit of a farm boy better run and hide if he wanted to escape an immense amount of pain.

ColumbiaBlue I loved the whole story but this part was a particular fave. Go Lex go! LOL I loved the ending too with asshat Clark calling and Lex answering the phone - take that you big dumb alien farm boy! I just so love protective Lex! The only thing I can think of to make your story better is Chloe being less what's wrong with me and more angry at Clark and Lana with a what the hell is wrong with them attitude. Chloe its all them trust me!

summer_enchanted
2nd May 2005, 00:39
:love2:Aw that was really sweet. Loved it.:love2:

arkakitty
2nd June 2005, 14:08
Soooo cute ^^ and he was barefoot xD

jesusfreak41
5th June 2005, 00:56
Awwww, that was soooo sweet!
WHY CAN'T ALL MEN BE LIKE LEX LUTHER?
I want a Lex Luther!

ggdoll18
30th June 2005, 04:20
Cute!

kimmie
28th December 2005, 01:17
This was such a sweet little fic, really romantic and cute! I love that Lex was their for Chloe whrn she needed him, perfect boyfriend material!!!

Kimmie

teb85
28th December 2005, 18:11
That was really sweet !
I want a Lex Luthor as my Angel too !!!

kel722
11th January 2006, 23:09
Sweet Story!

Ami Rose
19th January 2006, 08:07
That was sooooo sweet. I loved it!
Ami Rose

jafrizbee
25th January 2006, 08:55
that was sweet!

~*~Tasha~*~
11th June 2006, 06:37
Nice one. I laughed at Lex's answers to Clark. Stupid Clark. I totally agree with Lex about Clark being an idiot. I can't believe that Clark and Chloe were together for 6 months then as soon as Lana says Oh Clark I like you too ... he dumps Chloe. {Growls}

Julia
22nd May 2009, 23:28
Like this

let his imagination get the best of him for a while.

:grin3:

Booksketeer
23rd May 2009, 01:45
awww, just the sappy cotton-candy feeling I needed today...thanks! Now all you need is an epilogue (did I spell that right? I'm too lazy to press the button up there...but strangely enough not too lazy to explain) showing us evil genius Lex making Clark's life miserable. :)